ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Christians Do Whatever They Want

I believe that Christians are saved not just from hell, but also from the control of sin in their lives. So why do so many Christians act like they can do whatever they want?

Join Our Christian Chat and Take The Pride Bible Quiz
 ---curt on 4/6/05
     Helpful Blog Vote (4)

Post a New Blog



Jerry, as you admit you fail to keep the law perfectly, then are you also admitting that you are the least in His kingdom for breaking the least of His commandments?

Scripture describes Christians as righteous and holy. This has nothing to do with whether we physically obey the law perfectly, or not. Instead it's because of Christ's sacrifice.

Are you suggesting that anyone who does not obey the law perfectly in this life is somehow not righteous and holy in spite of what Christ did for us on the cross?

Our life is hid with Christ in God (Col 3:3) and in Christ there is no sin(1John 3:5). Are you saying that if we don't obey the law perfectly then there is sin in Christ?
---Haz27 on 11/15/14


Jerry, you quoted 1John 2:4 that if we don't keep his commandments we're a liar. You incorrectly assume it refers to the law.

See 1John3:23 to see his commandments.
1:Believe on Jesus
2:Love one another

And who is the liar in 1John 2:4?
It's he who denies Jesus is the Christ, 1John 2:22. That is he who disobeys Christ's commandment to believe on him.

Legalists disobey Christ's commandment to believe on him. They even do not love others in that they're seeking to condemn others under the law, rather than offering love/forgiveness through the gospel.

Legalists reject God's will that we believe on Jesus, John 6:40. Legalists have dead faith, as their focus is upon the law. But the law is NOT OF FAITH, Gal 3:12.
---Haz27 on 11/15/14


Jesus said "Today you will be with me in Paradise" to the thief on the cross. This shows that Jesus knew that the man's words showed true faith.
---Rita_H on 11/15/14


Cluny. I'm surprised you would ask such a question.

Believe on Jesus and we will have life everlasting, John 3:16.

Our faith is counted for righteousness, Rom 4:5.

That thief believed on Jesus, and his faith was counted for righteousness.
---Haz27 on 11/15/14


Kathr: "Jerry, care to enlighten us on thee [sic] verses ?"

I know that you think you have made a profound point, but your train of logic never left the station. The beings in heaven are greater than John the Baptist, and they call YOU least among men if you break any commandment and teach disobedience to them.

1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.


---jerry6593 on 11/15/14




\\The thief on cross believed on Jesus. His faith was counted for right\\

And just where does the Bible say that?

BCV, please. I'm just making you play by your own rules. That's all.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/14/14


Jerry, your claim that we "MAY" have life if we obey the law, is not supported.

The thief on cross believed on Jesus. His faith was counted for righteousness. Works of law was not required. In fact the law is NOT OF FAITH, Gal 3:12.

Your claim about Matt 5:19 condemns yourself as you admit you fail to keep the law PERFECTLY, as is required.

But Christians obey God's will. We believe in Jesus. We submit to His righteousness. And we let our light, Christ in us (Matt 5:16) shine preaching the gospel to believe on Jesus (works showing our faith).

Legalists preach works of law. They reject God's will to believe on Jesus, thus not submiting to His righteousness. We cannot mix grace with works of law, Rom 11:6.
---Haz27 on 11/14/14


\\But that body today has placed the Bible below tradition.
---Samuelbb7 on 11/14/14\\

But the Bible IS tradition!

How else would you know what should be in the Bible?

It didn't drop down out of heaven already written, you know.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/14/14


Well there are Christians in all Churches.
... Catholics and Orthodox people in heaven.

But that body today has placed the Bible below tradition.
---Samuelbb7 on 11/14/14

I think you are correct. And if these Christians cannot influence where they are attending, perhaps they should get out.
Psa_119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Psa_119:63 I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.
(Should we be companions of those that don't)
2Co_6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
---Trav on 11/14/14


The Church Jesus founded is today known as the Orthodox Church.

Glory to Jesus Christ!

---Cluny on 11/14/14
Cluny, not the RCC or Orthodox.

Please find one verse where Jesus founded the ORTHODOX Church. You can't. The ONLY Church Jesus founded is the Church of the First Born.

Hebrews 12:22-23
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
---kathr4453 on 11/14/14




Well there are Christians in all Churches. The true church that follows GOD is invisible for it is made up of all those who follow GOD with all their heart.

I would like to say that everyone in the Seventh day Adventist does that but it is not true.

I will probably meet with many Catholics and Orthodox people in heaven.

But that body today has placed the Bible below tradition.
---Samuelbb7 on 11/14/14


The church as Christ founded ... not just an amorphous group of members.
---Cluny on 11/14/14

Book of A-Clu 0:0-000 (Noteworthy scripture you've posted)

As noted. You have no scriptural proof, except the Un-orthodoc'd opinions of cluny.
Understanding now why fanatics annoy the protestants. They cannot explain their positions or funny cone hats scripturally.

Rom_16:5 Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.
---Trav on 11/14/14


\\So the CHURCH today is one made without hands. It was NOT replaced with the RCC.\\

You're partially right.

The Church Jesus founded is today known as the Orthodox Church.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/14/14


Mark 14:58

We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

OK so in the OT we didn't have denominations or churches, but TEMPLES or one Temple, that is Solomon's Temple. TODAY Jesus is that TEMPLE, and we are members of HIS BODY. So the CHURCH today is one made without hands. It was NOT replaced with the RCC.
---kathr4453 on 11/14/14


\\For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. \\

It might be a minyan for prayer (compare the 10 male Jews in traditional judaism), but it is not a church.

The church as Christ founded it has bishops, presbyters, and deacons, not just an amorphous group of members.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/14/14


\\Because this is not the Church as Jesus founded it.
---Cluny on 11/13/14

Prove by scripture. \\

Actually, I don't have to,...
---Cluny on 11/13/14

Actually, because you cannot, or you would.
You made a scriptural case, against a professing Christian, without scripture to support your "universal box" fanaticism.

Scripture was posted showing Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
"Christ's specific word "ekklesia", limits the meaning to an assembly that comes together.
Your beliefs choice misunderstanding the meaning of "church" is not, nor should be every-ones universal, ecumenical error.
---Trav on 11/14/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Distance Learning


Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.


Matthew 11:11
Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Wow so those who break one of these least commandments will be greater than John the Baptist. Interesting. UNLESS Jerry is taking Matthew 5:19 out of context.


Jerry, care to enlighten us on thee verses ?
---kathr4453 on 11/14/14


Haz: 'Jerry. Do you acknowledge Jesus words below telling us what is God's will?

John 6:40 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him MAY have everlasting life"


Yes indeed, I believe Christ that we MAY have immortality if we CHOOSE to obey Him. Judas believed in Him but will not be in heaven.


But Haz, Do you acknowledge Jesus words below telling us what is God's will?

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments ...


---jerry6593 on 11/14/14


\\Because this is not the Church as Jesus founded it.
---Cluny on 11/13/14

Prove by scripture. You cannot. \\

Actually, I don't have to, as the Orthodox Church existed before the Bible as you know it did.

In any case, YOU must prove YOUR point from Scripture, because that's your rule, not mine or the Bible's. NOWHERE does the Bible say that 2-3 people make up a separate congregation.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/13/14


So-called Christians who behave like this are all up on the freedom-from-bondage preaching of Paul. Unfortunately, they seem to totally ignore the teachings of Jesus (i.e. the one whom Christianity is SUPPOSED to be all about). How can you love your neighbor as yourself if you have no sense of responsibility about how you treat him?
---StrongAxe on 11/13/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Education


The church, the true church of God (not a man-made building, as most christians believe, or a tax-free corporation), ARE the christians.
---Steveng on 11/12/14

You lack understanding.

I bet your group does not take a collection or offering. Because if it did, then you would either need to pay taxes on the collections or be tax exempt. You cannot take money from people and not have the government involved in it eventually.

So, are you admitting that your group does not pay tithes or offerings and are proud of it or do you give to organizations who are tax exempt that you end up rebuking?
---Mark_Eaton on 11/13/14


Because this is not the Church as Jesus founded it.
---Cluny on 11/13/14

Prove by scripture. You cannot.
His testament is more scriptural "Orthodox" than yours at this point.
Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
2Cor6:16-17 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God, as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
1 Cor 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
---Trav on 11/13/14


Steveng: What is wrong with simply reading the bible and assembling with like-minded christians for worship, prayer and helping others wherever two or more meet?
---Steveng on 11/12/14

If the formation of the assembly is God-led, it is OK, if it is man's idea only to form the assembly, then it is not OK.
---Adetunji on 11/13/14


"What is wrong with simply reading the bible and assembling with like-minded Christians for worship, prayer and helping others wherever two or more meet?
---Steveng on 11/12/14"

Because this is not the Church as Jesus founded it.

Besides, you didn't read the Bible for yourself because you didn't have it.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/13/14


Send a Free Salvation Tract


"What is wrong with simply reading the bible and assembling with like-minded Christians for worship, prayer and helping others wherever two or more meet?
---Steveng on 11/12/14"

Nothing at all for the real Christian. All these things we should do, and amongst us will be some unsaved people who need help because they don't even understand that they are not saved.

This is where the 'helping others' comes in. Spiritual help as well as practical is required in all churches.
---Rita_H on 11/13/14


What is wrong with simply reading the bible and assembling with like-minded christians for worship, prayer and helping others wherever two or more meet?
---Steveng on 11/12/14

Nothing is wrong with it. Am amazed at what we've turned Christianity into. Doctrinal Flavors.
It is notable that the "widest way" organized world condemns you. A professing christian!
Unless you kneel, and join "their" world. And at the same time cannot furnish scriptural witnesses to rebuke you with.
Witnesses on our times without realizing.

Joh_15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
---Trav on 11/13/14


Steveng, in every church, God has placed His servants. You seem to be obsessive over something that is God's business. I've been in a church where just a hand full of true believers prayed until God removed a bad pastor. They were willing to suffer for the sake of the Gospel, not cowardly hide away in the comfort of their home.

I remember when I was first saved, and in a really bad church. I was too immature as a believer to know that....BUT, I will never forget the few in that church who really made it their mission to make sure I knew what salvation was, and that joining the church didn't save me. They were true warriors, and love them dearly to this day.
---kathr4453 on 11/13/14


Jerry. Do you acknowledge Jesus words below telling us what is God's will?

John 6:40 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life

As for the law, it is holy, just and good, Rom 7:12. But for us to use deeds of the law to determine righteousness, we will only fail.

You have admitted you fail to keep the law. Are you therefore saying that you do not obey God's will?

Are you saying the gospel message that we believe on Jesus (as is God's will, John 6:40), is lacking?



---Haz27 on 11/12/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Home Equity Loans


kathr4453 wrote: "Stop passing judgement on those who don't think like you,.."

You people don't get it, do you? As a member of a denominational "church" you are part of the division. Where is the unity among all the supposed "christian" denominations, of all the worldly christiandom? There isn't any.

What is wrong with simply reading the bible and assembling with like-minded christians for worship, prayer and helping others wherever two or more meet?

The church, the true church of God (not a man-made building, as most christians believe, or a tax-free corporation), ARE the christians.

Christianity is simply a lifestyle without being a member of a denomination.
---Steveng on 11/12/14


Steveng, just because you call yourselves non-denominational doesn't make you automatically in TRUTH. There are multitudes separating themselves like the Amish, and end up like cults, or those poor souls who followed Jim Jones, or better yet, Waco.

No, Christ is not divided, but even Peter had a problem worshiping with Gentiles, showing it takes real maturity and growth to be delivered from many of our human prejudices, as even you have yourself. Yet Peter was still saved. Stop passing judgement on those who don't think like you, and those who don't think like you won't pass judgement on you. If you want to join a universal church where their is no freedom of choice or thought, join one of those.
---kathr4453 on 11/12/14


Haz: "Whats [sic] His will?"

There is only one place in the Bible where God expressed His will in His own handwriting. It was written in stone with His own finger, but you refuse to acknowledge it.


---jerry6593 on 11/12/14


Samuel said "do the will of GOD"

Whats His will?
John 6:40 this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life

Faith without works is dead, James 2:15.
If one is spiritually naked (without garments of salvation, Isa 61:10) and destitute of spiritual food (Christ our food, 1Cor 10:3,4) and we do not give them the gospel, then such works show our faith is dead.

But those who preach the gospel offer garments of salvation to cover the spiritual nakedness of the lost. They offer Christ, our spiritual food/drink to the spiritually hungry unsaved.
Preaching the gospel is works showing our faith.

But the law is NOT of faith, Gal 3:12.
---Haz27 on 11/11/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Interest Rates


As the song says Faith without works are about useless as a screen door on a Submarine.

A Christian is supposed to want to do the will of GOD.


Rom 13:8,9

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet, and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 11/10/14


Luke wrote: "Steven, 1 Cor. 1:1-13 does not say Christ is divided. Paul is asking a question. You have no spiritual understanding."

I know he was asking a question. So, tell me, why is christiandom divided into tens of thousands of denominations each having their own rituals, traditions, ways of living and intepretations of the bible?

Luke wrote: "The definition of the Church, are those born of the Spirit, one body in Christ who gather in visible church's that preach the gospel."

How could the true church of God, the christians, and at the same time be a man-made denomination, a man-made building? Where is there unity?
---Steveng on 11/10/14


\\Do you even know the definition of the church according to the bible? It's a lifestyle, not a denomination.
---Steveng on 11/9/14\\

Are you so deluded you think the Biblical definition of "church" means the wordly denominational Church of Steveng?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/10/14


Steven, you say Christ is divided,
//Do you even read the bible? It's right there within its pages. Search for it. One such verse is 1 Corinthians 1:10-13//

Steven, 1 Cor. 1:1-13 does not say Christ is divided. Paul is asking a question. You have no spiritual understanding.

I said you bash the gathering of believers and you say."

Not every gathering, only denominational "churches." Do you even know the definition of the church according to the bible? It's a lifestyle, not a denomination.//

The definition of the Church, are those born of the Spirit, one body in Christ who gather in visible church's that preach the gospel. You believe they are wrong, you don't belong to the body of Christ.
---Luke on 11/10/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Marketing


...Not every gathering, only denominational "churches."
Do you even know the definition of the church according to the bible? It's a lifestyle, not a denomination.
---Steveng on 11/9/14


Would sit/visit your Church Steveng.
Mat_7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Took several years to realize this was reflective not just of the world but, of the false doctrines of the largest sects of today.

If it is super attractive, feels me feel good, everyone is doing/believing it and $cripture avoiding.
Exit off the..."wide" highway.
---Trav on 11/10/14


Thank you Elena

You are correct Jerry it is not a sin to be tempted. But I must resist sin.

I am listening to an Old Gospel song. As I went down to the River to pray by Allison Krauss. It reminds we must spend time to pray together and ask GOD to show us the way.

Praise the Lord.
---Samuelbb7 on 11/9/14


Luke wrote: "Steven, Christ is not divide. I don't know where you get that from."

Do you even read the bible? It's right there within its pages. Search for it. One such verse is 1 Corinthians 1:10-13

Luke wrote: "All you ever do is bash every gathering of believers."

Not every gathering, only denominational "churches." Do you even know the definition of the church according to the bible? It's a lifestyle, not a denomination.

Luke wrote: "As if you know what Satan is really doing."

Again, do you even read the bible? It's right there in the bible what Satan is doing - especially what he is doing during these end days.
---Steveng on 11/9/14


Steven, Christ is not divide. I don't know where you get that from. All you ever do is bash every gathering of believers. As if you know what Satan is really doing. In fact he is working in your life and you don't even know it, every time you cut your own brothers in Christ. You even teach in them taking the enemy with you so that you could and turn around and back stab the very places you taught. May God forgive you for what you are doing.
---Luke on 11/9/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Life Insurance


Christiandom is fallen.
Is Christ divided?
---Steveng on 11/8/14

Christ is not divided, as you point out well.
Listed reasons, are why i will not be a member of the organized businesses today. Perhaps it is just as well. It makes it easier to avoid "branded" ignorance of scripture. Can Christ help these who say they need no help? Better to visit the sick and lost aware of the fact, outside the box.
Luk_5:31 Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
---Trav on 11/8/14


Christiandom is fallen.

Satan has had over two thousand years to divide christiandom up into over sixty thousand different denominations each having their own rituals, traditions, ways of living and interpretations of the bible. Some say they are Lutherans, some Baptist, some orthodox, some Catholic, some Presbyterian, some Protestant. Is Christ divided?
---Steveng on 11/8/14


This is an old blog, but still very relevant. Many Christians feel that once they accept Christ, they are above the Law, and hence free to sin as they please. But Christ came to free us from sin - not from the Law.


Elena: You seem like a very nice person to be around.


Samuel: It is not a sin to be tempted. Christ was tempted. It is a sin to give in to the temptation.


---jerry6593 on 11/8/14


sin, if you do not believe in the assurance of salvation, then you have no faith in the works of Christ. It's pretty simple. We are even asked to make our assurance sure, if we are walking with Christ. Our assurance is the Holy Spirit. And if you have the Holy Spirit you are walking with Christ, or in other words abiding in His word.
Of course believers still sin, but there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ. If they sin God chastens them,
"knowing beloved brethren, your election by God. For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance" (1 Thess. 1:4,5).
We should never doubt our salvation.
---Luke on 11/8/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Make Money


Hello,Samuelbb7 wonderfull post, I can see yes, much like I used to be I came fr a family of angry people yet, we all had fun at working, we all were happy till we got in the family reunions or saw somebody who hurt me or my people. .it was hell to pay.
I had a terrible temper, male or female. I was a force to wrecken with...but, I find the Lord is so good
I am.humbled, quiet and my life a milliions times better.Amen.thanks to the Lord. NOT PERFECT BUT BETTER.
---Elena_9555 on 11/5/14


I am not perfect. But I am not who and what I used to be either.

An agnostic who partied drank and had a terrible temper.

Every time I am tempted I know I am still a sinner. But every time I do not give in to temptation. I know that JESUS is in me given me the power to overcome.

My job is to die to self that JESUS maybe all in all.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 11/4/14


I have yet to see a new creation. The old adam continues to work in all us. Philippians 3:13 Brothers and sisters, I myself dont think Ive reached it, but I do this one thing: I forget about the things behind me and reach out for the things ahead of me.

We have not arrived. Assurance of salvation is for those who remain in Christ and continue in the Lord's kindness. The other's will be treated as weeds. Kindness will be shown to those who LOVE AND OBEY CHRIST and his word.
---sin on 11/3/14


Those who think that they can do whatever they want have not understood why Jesus died and are, almost certainly, not saved. They seriously think they are though because, at some time in the dim and distant past, they went forward in an evangelistic meeting and 'gave their heart to the Lord'.

There are many such people on this earth who think that one event clinched the deal and that they are free to live like the devil (until they meet him).
---Rita_H on 11/2/14


Read These Insightful Articles About Rehab Treatments


Those who love GOD will love others. I john2.


Rom 13:8,9

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet, and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Those who live in sin do not love GOD.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 11/2/14


Those that worship other dif gods, some n not all may smoke, drunkards, fornicators etc is prob ok with their belief. The 3 persons godhead peoples in Rev.17 vs 4 5 6 some n not all smoke, drunkards, fornicators other etc are savekept in their sins.

There are those n not all, that mocked Noah & his sons while building the ark. Still they perished together & are lost. It'l be the same with Manmade religions doctrines commandments of men in the above paragraph. Will perish be lost together.
---Lawrence on 10/31/14


Either they have never really been saved in the first place, or they are terribly BACKSLIDDEN, endangering their souls of Hell! At some point in time a backslidden Saint must return to the Lord before they die, or they will end up in Hell. Despite some OSAS doctrine taught in the Church today. It behooves us, me included, to do what we can to be sure we are repenting of sin, and trying to live right before the LORD. Time truly, truly is short.
---Gordon on 9/10/10


Many people approach scripture as lawyers rather than believers. They cherry-pick verses, and do what they think they can get away with, not what they know in their hearts is right. From "God forgives all" they get "We can do as we please", confusing liberty with license.

Paul addressed this error in Romans 6:15
"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid."


Lawrence:

Why do you constantly trash trinitiarian belief even in unrelated blogs? "Once saved, always saved" is a relatively recent belief, and antithetical to the Roman Catholic Church's teachings (otherwise, why would they insist one need confession and penance?)
---StrongAxe on 9/9/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Stocks


I have got to tell you, there are so few born-again believers, till it's not funny. You can not judge an individual on the merit of "I am a Christian". For they may not be a Christian, but, in name only which, will not and I repeat will not, get you inside heaven's gates to the living God. Hallelujah.
---catherine on 9/9/10


So why do so many Christians act like they can do whatever they want?

because they are not christians.
All they want is the NAME christian.
They have their own doctrine, and own standard of righteousness

Isaiah 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
---francis on 9/9/10


One of the marks of a hypocrite is acting as though they are better than they really are. And, also, paying more attention to others sins than their own. Guard your own heart. Each one of us, you and me, will stand before God one day. He won't ask us about John Doe or Miss Betty over there. HE WILL BE LOOKING AT, YOU. When God gets to me, He will be looking at me. Now, God is big He's everywhere, we don't know exactly how all this will be. Christians, should be themselves. Does not mean that you can be sloppy. Anyone whom Christ intends to take to heaven will spend their life following Him. And we are God's business and nobody Else's. Have a good night+
---catherine on 8/17/10


Because they are not real Christians. A real Christian "talks-the-talk, AND WALKS-THE WALK."
---Eloy on 8/17/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Diabetes


So many Christian act like they can do whatever they want because: some believe in "once saved always saved" (Which is wrong.)And also because of the flesh. You must die to flesh, and surrender to God! Dying to flesh doesn't mean that your physical body must die, just the selfish part of you, the part that wants to put yourself beefore others, which goes against God's word, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
---Holly on 8/17/10


Because they believed the Man - made trin teachings once saved always saved, no works salvation, the sinners prayer etc that came from here 2nd.Cor.11 v's 14 - 15. You will reap what you sow, & Is condemnation to be lost.
---Lawrence on 8/17/10


Christians can do what they want but if they are truly saved, God will not allow them to continue in sin. We reap what we sow. We need to live our lives the same at home and at church, otherwise our testimony is as a sounding brass and tinkling symbol.
---shira_5965 on 4/2/07


curt, of cause Christians can do whatever they like provided it is according to their faith...we are not prisoners of God..but followers and yes, we are a happy lot...when you come to know God personally, you will receive that sense of freedom from the sinful world you once were in .. its an awesome experience...
---jana on 8/26/06


Read These Insightful Articles About Depression


They don't know better! (Which may be a "black-eye" for our Christian Education system and utilization, and mentoring methods.)
---WIVV on 12/19/05


Matt 25:31-46, the parable of the sheep and the goats. Some who claim Christ never knew Him. The evidence of our Christianity comes not from what are lips profess, but from the fruit we produce.
---Adam on 4/15/05


# 1 I just wonder how free from sin we do become. It seem to me that I (the real me, that has been saved) lives in a physical body.

Now I can avoid the way of sin ... deliberate sin, and Jesus can train me to stop being spiteful, or gloating or whatever unpleasant and sinful characteristic I may have.

But it is my body which gets hurt if my hammer hits my thumb instead of the nail. And it is my body that lets out the swear word.
---Alan_of_U.K. on 4/14/05


I think that there are some people that proclaim to be Christians, yet they don't know our heavenly Father. Because when we are saved our flesh is put to death. I mean I still have a few quirks that I am sure that I am working on, nothing major thank you God you sent your son to cover my imperfections.. On the contrary my soon to be ex-hb proclaimed to be a Christian, yet continued to cheat on me and cheated people in his business. Someone called him a crook..And now that we are apart I question if he really knew Our might Father, although it is not mine to judge him.
---Janice on 4/10/05


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Study


Curt
I know what you mean and I tried it myself after I was saved. I thought as long as I was on my way to heaven I was ok....God stopped me in my tracks after a while, and he had to show me what me meant in Hebrews 10:31..."Its a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God." I learned to keep my eyes on God, and off of what others do or say.
---Pardoned_2 on 4/7/05


When we accept Christ and are Baptised into His death we come out of the water dead to sin ,in resurrection ,to live a new life, as Christ lived we should too.Old sinful things are passed away ,Luke8:15 But that on the good ground are they,which in an honest and good heart,having heard the Word, keep it,and bring forth fruit with patience.Not all people who go through the motions of salvation are saved.Read Luke8:5-14 Parable of the sower and seeds.
---Darlene_1 on 4/7/05


Some christians may be saved but not mature. The book of James says we are inticed by our own evil desires,and we need to over come the flesh. So if we see brothers and sisters who are in sin[in a gentle way] We who are mature, needs to guide them towards the right path.And love them and pray for them.
---calvin on 4/7/05


There are wolves in sheeps clothing. For God does not show favoritism. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. Indeed, I would not have known what sin was except through the law.
---gregg on 4/7/05


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Verses


Christian away to do whatever they like but the bible says everything is permitible but not allthings are benefitial. You have to think of what you are doing if God is going to be happy about it. You have to think twice.
---Ruth on 4/7/05


What christians are is born-again. The old nature had died a new nature lives. If we see ourselves as saved we try to live the life we think the bible or church or our christian peers think we should. If we see ourseleves as born-again with Christ in us and us IN Him we realize and rest in knowing that HE who began a work in us will finish that work. We do not ACT or DO being a christian. We are and we rest in that. If this is curt from the chat room please email me at becky5765.
---becky on 4/7/05


They believe the lie that God loves them no matter what. Why should anyone repent of sin if God loves them no matter what, they have no reason or incentive to repent. They don't realize that every time they sin, they fail God and are nailing Jesus to the cross, over and over. He said, "If you love me, my commandments keep. Go and sin NO MORE," and not, go and sin SOME MORE, so i can forgive you. God would never command us to be righteous, clean, pure, perfect, and holy just like he is, our Papa, if it were not possible; and so he does command us and he also expects us to obey.
---Eloy on 4/7/05


Excellant example Quembe! We must be strong, resist the devil and he HAS to flee from us. As we grow as Christians, we should be aiming towards sinlessness. Our conscience should be pricked even at a sinful thought, and send us to our knees asking for forgivness.

Just remember, we are all at different places on our Christian walk, some crawl, and some run as the wind!Mature Christians should help the 'crawlers'-not judge them. At least they are not where they were yesterday!
---NV_Barbara on 4/7/05


Read These Insightful Articles About Arthritis


to curt: christians who do whatever they want
are not truely in a loving relationship with
jesus but continue to put themselves first!
they continue to have a selfish heart con=
trary to jesus's will for them.

to Quembe: "the longer we work at it..." I
don't think so, we are saved by grace not
works"

to shira:"od will not allow... oh yes he will! we never loose our "free choice" there
is no force involved here just love!
---PIERRE on 4/7/05


Christians refrain from sinning. Sin is a willful transgression. When we make mistakes and God shows them to us, we ask His forgiveness and do not repeat the act.
---Lois on 4/7/05


They believe once saved always saved. Some believe that they can go to a bar and drink all night Saturday and Sunday morning go to church and still go to heaven. They believe they can't fall from grace no matter what they do. But it they would read their bible they would know better.
---Rebecca_D on 4/6/05


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.