ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Why Is Faith So Important

I am on the fence, do have a few questions: Why do christians no matter what question a person may have always have a open ended answer such as : because it says so in the bible. Everything HAS to ride on faith WHY WHY WHY? Thanks

Join Our Free Chat and Take The Faith Bible Quiz
 ---chad on 11/19/06
     Helpful Blog Vote (13)

Post a New Blog



> I don't understand how you can say
> Scripture is ... not inspired by God.

i said it was written by humans. maybe god told them what to write, maybe he didn't. and if he did tell them what to write, i dont know how much the stuff coming out of the sausage grinder of translators resembles what went in
---ty on 6/27/08


Ty I've studied Scripture for decades, have a good understanding of other langauges, and the added blesing of good advice from theologians.

I don't understand how you can say Scripture is third genenation and not inspired by God.

I wasn't a Christian, actually very anti-Christian, but since making a committment to Christ have seen my life, and that of my family go from good to fantastic because I take God at His word. He has provided me with physical wealth and health plus a deep and abiding peace and contentment.

With your attitude I cannot see how you can share in any of His blessings.

Maybe you need to read more of His Word prayerfully and lean less on the writings of falible sinful man.

God bless.
---Warwick on 6/27/08


Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for.
Hope starts the process.
Hope brings substance to faith, and it all begins with hope.

But don't get stuck in hope, move on to faith and you'll see the substance come to pass. Substance, prayers answered.


Substance is reality. When it shows up, it's here and you can see it, hear it or reach out and touch it.

Faith brings the substance - actually seeing your family members come to know Jesus Christ. Faith brings heaven to earth....Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
---Elder on 6/26/08


> Ty, writers from scripture YES, modern day writers NO!

what's the difference? still humans
---ty on 6/26/08


On what factual basis do you so confidently write this?

short answer: Hebrew -> Greek -> English

long answer is more complex. Hopefully you already know the pedigree of your translation of choice
---ty on 6/26/08




****why do so many wholesome, devout christians come to differing conclusions about what is true?****

Possible a Light Loss Factor:

Remember the DARK Ages? Do you know why it was called the DARK AGES?

Aren't we in another DARK AGE called Apostasy?
---kathr4453 on 6/26/08


Ty you speak as if you had authority, as though you were there to see the third generation write. On what factual basis do you so confidently write this?
---Warwick on 6/26/08


Ty, writers from scripture YES, modern day writers NO!

Ty, I can't find teh verse in teh OT, but will look, I know what it says.....

God says:

I put before you truth and lie, to TEST you.

One must read again James chapter 1, 1st Perer 4 etc, and the purpose of suffering.

Look to at Job's life, and the friends of Job. AND the outcome!



**********Ephesians 3:13-21...Please look up!
---kathr4453 on 6/26/08


kathr says: "as YOU eat that meat YOU will be able to discern between good and evil, truth and lie."

why do so many wholesome, devout christians come to differing conclusions about what is true?


kathr says: "."well, so and so said this or that"...I just took their word for it". It won't fly!"

i like how you think. but don't we regularly cite writers from scripture? aren't we expected to accept those men as authorities and "just [take] their word for it"?
---ty on 6/25/08


ty, that is why it is so important to present yourself a Living sacrifice, Holy acceptable unto God, which is your reasonalbe service, for the RENEWING of your MIND so that you may KNOW the will of God.

Then you won't have to depend on someone chewing up your meat for you and feeding it to you.

The Lord will put you through many TESTS, so that as YOU eat that meat YOU will be able to discern between good and evil, truth and lie.

We all must stand before the Judgement seat of Christ. No one will get by with..."well, so and so said this or that"...I just took their word for it". It won't fly!
---kathr4453 on 6/25/08




> Faith is believing what GOD said as being TRUE.

believing god would be easy enough, if we knew what he said.

all we have are self-proclaimed experts who disagree with each other on how to interpret 3rd generation translations of ancient men who claimed to speak for God.

the end result is countless sects and religions with varying degrees of tolerance/hostility for those who believe differently.
---ty on 6/24/08


Thanks Kathryn and Todd. Only those that have a true walk with Christ will understand the statement "Sometimes, faith is all there is." IMHO, you are not far from the kingdom. God bless you both.
---jerry6593 on 6/17/08


Finn, I sincerely regret that the answers given here concerning your inquiries were unsatisfactory. As children of our Father we are instructed to give an answer to anyone who inquires concerning our hope. Obviously we have not succeeded to your satisfaction, I pray you will eventually find the answers you seek. Enjoy life, it is a gift and not everything in life is detectable, or verifiable. That is just one of the many reasons why the faith given us of our Father, is indispensable.
---Josef on 6/17/08


Yes Elder I think he bailed, cut and ran, hit the road, scarpered, vamoosed and left the house.

He may have been genuine but I don't think so.
---Warwick on 6/16/08


Are you trying to say "bail", Warwick?
---Elder on 6/16/08


Simply because our Salvation is through Faith and only by Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The bible, to Christians, is the infallible, inspired word of God. As such it is the authority in our lives.

CrossBearerForChrist
---Cross-Bearer on 6/16/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Affiliate Program


How many times have we seen someone bob up on a thread here who then spits the dummy and leaves when difficult questions have been asked. Many times.

Finn said evolution can be proved in the laboratory. I asked how and he ducked and skipped.

See you Finn. On another thread with another name perhaps?
---Warwick on 6/16/08


I ask why God likes His followers to believe unverifiable stories.

> your statement was untruthful. Why should
> we consider any other of your statements
> to be truthful?

It doesn't matter to me whether you believe anything I've said. But I see that you're not a very good judge of truth.

You've ducked my question, changed the subject of the thread, then called me a liar for returning to topic.

I think I've come to the wrong place. I wish y'all every happiness. Bye!
---Finn_McGowan on 6/16/08


Finn you said: 'Evolution is absolutely testable. We can set up experiments in a lab.......'

I then asked: 'Finn what experiment can be set up in a laboratory to prove:

1) That life evolved from non-life.
2) That one kind of creature evolved into a totally diferent kind-i.e. reptile into bird?

You ducked the question, which means you have no answer therefore your statement was untruthful. Why should we consider any other of your statements to be truthful?
---Warwick on 6/16/08


Warwick, if your questions about evolution are sincere, study biology. I think you'd be amazed at what's being done.

This blog is about the importance of faith, and I'm trying to learn why God would think it important for us to believe what we cannot detect. Why would He make Himself invisible? Why is it bad to seek some kind of sign? I've read the entire Bible, cover to cover, and spent years faithfully going to church, and I still don't get it. So I'm hoping someone can help me understand.
---Finn_McGowan on 6/16/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Abortion Facts


I think jerry6593 said it beautifully:
"Sometimes faith is all there is."


When all else fails even if your faith seems to fail you, Jesus will never leave or forsake you, for now and for all eternity.

David said:
If I make my bed in Hell... YOU ARE THERE, and if I ascend to the Highest mountain YOU ARE THERE... Praise God !
---kathr4453 on 6/15/08


I think jerry6593 said it beautifully:
"Sometimes faith is all there is."

Boy isn't that the truth, we've got some tough times coming, and some people are going through heartbreaking times right now...and faith is all there is.
---Todd1 on 6/15/08


Sometimes, faith is all there is! Faith is the eye that sees through the dark veil of the eternal reality. Faith is the foundation of hope for the future. Faith is the key that unlocks the storehouse of God's blessings. Without faith, it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6). Without God, life isn't worth living. Ask anyone who's been there.
---jerry6593 on 6/14/08


Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen. Jesus Christ ! our faith is in Jesus Christ ALONE, He is our HOPE.

Faith is believing what GOD said as being TRUE.
---kathr4453 on 6/14/08


Shop For Church Seating


Finn what experiment can be set up in a laboratory to prove:

1) That life evolved from non-life.
2) That one kind of creature evolved into a totally diferent kind-i.e. reptile into bird?
---Warwick on 6/14/08


> whether we believe God is Creator, or [not]
> these are positions of faith. Neither can
> be 'proved'

Evolution is absolutely testable. We can set up experiments in a lab and observe the same results under the same conditions. God lets biologists (Christian or liberal) scientifically investigate and tinker with life.

So why would He call us wicked if we seek signs of Him? How can faith #2 (believing the undetectable/incredible) make us more like Him?
---Finn_McGowan on 6/14/08


Ty are you saying that we should leave people in ignorance of what the true Gospel is and let them find out that God has rejected them on judgement day?

Surely we all preach the Gospel that others may be saved now. We don't preach it for us but for them. Read Galatians 1:6 where Paul is 'astonished' that they so easily turn to another Gospel which 'is really no Gospel at all' obviously leading them to damnation or Paul would not have written this.
---Warwick on 6/11/08


Ty Jesus indeed said we must love Him and our fellow man but that is not the saving Gospel, but a command for those already saved.

To be saved we need to accept we are sinners lost in sin, that Jesus, God the Son, came to die in our place, paying the price of sin, and rose again. We must accept His free gift by faith to be saved.

To believe this is Biblical and vital, but you call it obsession!
---Warwick on 6/11/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


Read the entire chapter. Jesus wasn't even putting emphasis on God. He was telling His disciple how to use their faith. He showed it in the beginning of the chapter.
Mark 11:22 has been water down by many who put all of the work on God. It literally says, "Have the God-kind of faith".

I have done this. ie. I needed money so I called money to me. I needed healing so I spoke to the sickness & commanded it to be removed & it was.
---Rickey on 6/11/08


In 2Corinthians 12, yes His strength is made perfect in our weakness, but that has nothing to do with Mark 11:22-23.

Read Mark 11:23 & Matthew 21:21 & Luke 17:6 Jesus was putting emphasis on us using our faith. Religion puts everything on God. Religion cause Christians to be handicapped, God dependent folks instead of mighty, God co-operating folks.
---Rickey on 6/11/08


Our victory or defeat depends on the words we speak. The word of God is true pertaining to our healing, finances, salvation, deliverance, etc., but it is also true, from the word that our words have power to hinder or help our victory. (Proverbs 18:20-21, Job 22:28, 2Corinthians 4:13, Mark 11:22-23, Luke 17:6, Matt. 21:21)
---Rickey on 6/11/08


"if someone says they are Christian but rejects all or some of the fundamentals are they still Christian?"

i suppose that's what judgement day would be for, warwick.

jesus said there are only two fundamentals - to love god and neighbor as one's self. i think somebody who meets these two fundamental commandments is a christian. i think those who obsess about other things are more like pharisees.

but we digress - this thread is supposed to be about faith.
---ty on 6/11/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


"I ask you, again: If God isn't creator did matter create itself or is it eternal?"

i have no idea. but if god can be "uncreated," then so can a rock.
---ty on 6/11/08


Ricky,


2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
---kathr4453 on 6/11/08


Ricky,

The scripture says: Mark 11:22
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God .

Verse 23 is in reference to verse 22.

Now when you've actually moved a mountain in your own faith and power apart from God please let us know!!

And many have drown thinking they can walk on water too.
---kathr4453 on 6/11/08


1)Ty you asked-did God create Himself. Scripture says He's eternal and uncreated. Now I ask you, again: If God isn't creator did matter create itself or is it eternal?

Ty I don't reject anyone, happy to share the Gospel with anyone I meet. As you should know Jesus came that all would believe and be saved.

However as the apostles have said there is only one God, only one way to Him, only one Gospel and the way to salvation is narrow.
---Warwick on 6/10/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


2) Ty Its the job of any Christian to contradict error. My opinion is irrelevant as the Word of God is above all opinion.

If someone says they're a tennis player, has all the equipment, spends time at tennis courts, but never plays are they a tennis player or a liar? Likewise if someone says they are Christian but rejects all or some of the fundamentals are they still Christian? Answer please.

The true seekers will find God, He says so.
---Warwick on 6/10/08


"If God did not create is matter eternal or did it create itself?"

i'm not here to debate evolution.

sincere people who want to follow god end up wandering in confusion and disagreement.

wouldn't it be kind of nice if god would show us all the same strait and narrow way?

until then, only those who believe what warwick believes can be saved, and those in "liberal churches" are lost.
---ty on 6/10/08


Ricky said *Kath, a lot things in our life don't depend on God. It usually happens because of our faith.*

What?

What did James say, don't say what you are going to do today or tomorrow, but rather say...If God be willing.

God works in us to WILL AND to Do of His good pleasure.

No, I don't believe I am a little god who can make things happen.

I cannot conform myself to the image of Jesus Christ apart from Christ In Me. For every thing else there is MasterCard!
---kathr4453 on 6/10/08


Ty there are certain fundamentals which are basic to Christian faith. Anyone who rejects these fundamentals is not a Christian, by definition, not a definition of my creation.

Christians will always disagree on certain points but not upon the fundamentals.

I have never crucified anyone,nor taken part in an inquisition as everyone is free to believe what they want however anyone is at liberty to point out where someone is in error. A basic tennant of Democracy, and a Scriptural requirement.
---Warwick on 6/10/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


Ty I have endeavoured to answer your questions so pay me the respect of answering one of mine: If God did not create is matter eternal or did it create itself?
---Warwick on 6/10/08


Finn whether we believe God is Creator, or that all there is created itself these are positions of faith. Neither can be 'proved' by the methods of operational science.

However there is evidence, and I am convinced this evidence, not 'proof' better supports creation than evolution. Therefore my faith is based upon evidence.- Luke 10:23, John 20:28, Acts 13:12
---Warwick on 6/10/08


> This isn't blind faith as there is much solid evidence

I don't understand. For example, you earlier dismissed evolution as a non "operational science." Is this "solid evidence" that makes your faith non-blind more "testable, repeatable, observable" than today's biotechnology?

If your evidence adheres to a higher standard of clinical rigor than current evolutionary biology does, I'd like to see it.

Then we will not need faith #2 anymore.
---Finn_McGowan on 6/10/08


warwick i just re-read your 6/6 post that says every christian mostly agrees except that mormons, jehovah's witnesses, liberal churches, and people from other cultures don't count.

you prove my point that this system is confusing. you profess to be a follower of christ yet you condemn and exclude those who understand scripture differently

such narrow-mindedness and pride leads to crucifixions and inquisitions
---ty on 6/10/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Counseling


"Easier to believe God made it than it made itself."

if something as complex and wonderful as a child couldn't come into being without a creator, then something as complex and wonderful as god must have a creator too.

or did god create himself?
---ty on 6/10/08


"if you believe there is no Creator God you must believe that everything made itself."

by that logic, if you believe god has no creator, you must believe that god made himself.
---ty on 6/9/08


James re: "Rev. 3 makes it appear one has to overcome something." What we are overcoming is the 'world'-this system of things controlled and dictated to by outwardly perceived adornments that entice and seduce the senses. 1 John 5:1,4 " Whosoever believes that Jesus is The Christ is born of God. Whosoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, our (as in that we embrace and exercise) faith." Abiding in His Word, overcomes that Wicked one.
---Josef on 6/9/08


Finn I believe by faith that the God of the Bible is the creator of all we can see. This isn't blind faith as there is much solid evidence to support this.

If you believe there is no Creator God you must believe that everything made itself. This is also a position of faith, a belief contradicted by the available evidence.

As someone said- how can anyone believe blind chance made the wonder of the seeing eye.
---Warwick on 6/9/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Relief


Ty by faith I had confidence to ask my girlfriend to marry me, but not blind faith and decades later I see my faith was justified.

Ditto with God I made a decision to follow Him based upon faith, not blind faith, as I used the rational mind He gave me, to make the decision. God values our mind as He wills we love Him with our heart, mind and our body.

God says His creation is such proof of His existance that anyone who disagrees is foolish. Easier to believe God made it than it made itself.
---Warwick on 6/9/08


Because without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith is the result of hearing the gospel (the good news) of what Jesus did to secure our relationship with God in fullness.
---Linda on 6/8/08


No, I am not talking about spiritual gifts. Spiritual gifts or more of ministry gifts functioned by the Holy Spirit when He needs to.
They are not our gifts. We have the Holy Spirit in us & because of that any person can be used for any of the 9-gifts at any time.
---Rickey on 6/8/08


Kath, a lot things in our life don't depend on God. It usually happens because of our faith. We must use that faith. One way is by speaking.(Mark 11:22-23)
In verse 22, Jesus said, "Have the faith OF God."
In other words, use your faith the same way God used His in restoring the earth in Genesis 1. How? He speak words & believed what He said.(Hebrews 11:3)
---Rickey on 6/8/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Settlement


Correction to my last post relating to 'hope'. The word 'sincere' does not do justice to what I was attempting to convey concerning its meaning. The word I was looking for is 'earnest'. Meaning within the context - 'Intense', in the sense of watching with anticipation, for the time of our full redemption from the evils of this current sensually based system, that is so powerfully influenced and manipulated by the spirit of Satan.
---Josef on 6/7/08


Truth is Sweet as Honey in the Mouth
and Ears of Godley Men & Women,
But It Stings the Ears of ALL the UNGodley-D.D.Martin Jr.

What "is" Truth?
Jesus Died, SO "WE" Could Live!
"WE", is "Anyone" who would call upon HIS name & Believe!

blog ?_WHY? WHY? WHY?
Because God don't "MAKE" people LOVE Him,
IT'S a Choice one has to MAKE on their OWN,
WE do that Thru FAITH.
Thru Faith we become HIS Children.
---Duane_Dudley_Martin on 6/7/08


I am afraid that the premise of your question is not correct when you say"that persons always have... no matter what question a person...
There are questions which require faith because there is NO EVIDENCE that one can point to and therefore FAITH is necessary. For other questions, there is AMPLE EVIDENCE to suppport the fact(s) and FAITH is not an issue. PR
---Pierr5358 on 6/7/08


"It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait on the salvation of the Lord." For that hope - our sincere expectation to recieived the fulfillment of that - based on His Word, will not shame us, for it is not subject to change. "We are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope, for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for it? But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for it. Every man that has this hope purifies himself, even as He is pure."
---Josef on 6/7/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Distance Learning


"why did god arrange things like this? wouldn't you think god could come up with something "testable, repeatable, observable"...?" He could have Ty, however He determined that "the just shall live by [His] faith", a product of His Spirit. If we set our course in life under the guidance of His Spirit, we will not look to fulfill the lust of the flesh - as that part of our character still focused on the externals. And "the lust of the flesh" is not of Him.
---Josef on 6/7/08


"..didn't Jesus say we must see and hear His words/testimony?" Yes James, and that perception and understanding is possible only through 'faith' in His Word. In the words of Jesus "Except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." A little child has complete 'faith' in their parent's word, fully expecting that what they have promised, they will perform. That faith is only deterred by the parents blatant violation of that trust.
---Josef on 6/7/08


Lots of you guys are liberally mixing two separate meanings of the same word.

Trusting your car to start in the morning, or that your spouse won't commit adultery, is the trust kind of faith.

Believing an invisible Omnipotent Omniscient Divine Being controls the universe is the "no logical proof or material evidence" kind of faith.
---Finn_McGowan on 6/6/08


Ty by what they write many here show they are atheists, Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses etc, who aren't Christian because they reject much of Scripture.

Others who I believe are truly Biblical Christians do disagree on some issues but often for cultural reasons or different understanding of words.

I travel extensively,have attended many Christian churches and find very similar belief in any Bible based church. Liberal churches are another matter apparently believing anything and nothing.
---Warwick on 6/6/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Education


Truth is beautiful, without doubt, but so are lies. Ralph Waldo Emerson
---ty on 6/6/08


Ricky,

Here is another example of the measure of Faith Paul had in God, apart from salvation.


Philippians 2:19
But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.

Philippians 2:24
But I trust in the Lord that I also myself shall come shortly.

Or are you talking about our Spiritual Gift?
---kathr4453 on 6/6/08


Ricky, Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Here's your verse....a clear warning that to those already saved concerning our spiritual Gifts here in this chapter.......it is GOD who gives...not something we muster up in and of ourselves that we can brag ans say....MY FAITH has done this or that.
---kathr4453 on 6/6/08


why did god arrange things like this? there's a slew of religious texts with overlapping and opposing ideals, thousands of religions, millions of churches, and us mortals have to choose amongst the confusion.

even devout christians in this very discussion thread disagree with each other and diss other interpretations and denominations.

wouldn't you think god could come up with something "testable, repeatable, observable" for those people who don't want to re-crucify him?
---ty on 6/6/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Home Equity Loans


Ricky, another word for faith is TRUST.

Put your Faith in
Put your Trust in

2 Corinthians 1:9
But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:


Matthew 12:21
And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
---kathr4453 on 6/6/08


Jesus Identified Himself with the Torah and quoted from it exclusively. He silenced Satan by the written words of the Torah. When Father made His promise to Abraham, because He could swear by none greater,He swore by Himself. Being Willing to show unto us, the heirs of promise, beyond measure, the immutability of His counsel, He confirmed it by an oath. That by two unchangeable things [Himself and His Word] we might have a strong consolation. His word has stood the test of time.
---Josef on 6/6/08


"It has everything to do with believing something that may or may not be a lie." Ty, What you have described is at best, wishful thinking, at worst, self delusion. If that is faith to you, then I understand your dilemma. "How do you know what you think is God's word isn't a lie?" A Continually documented fulfillment of prophecy, verifiable through the recorded history of man. The Father has given us the end from the beginning through His word and nothing contained therein has failed.
---Josef on 6/6/08


Ty for your benefit and the benefit of others who may have questions concerning this, if you can receive it, 'Faith is a superimposed unwavering confidence in the Father, His principles and promises, which enables 'Trust' as considering as true His honesty, justice and authority, which is the foundation of 'belief' as a reliance, adherence and dependence upon 'Truth' as an absolute, revealed certainty. The combination of which produces mental assurance and stability.
---Josef on 6/6/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Interest Rates


"God does not have faith." True. Faith exudes from HIm. Faith is as much a innate characteristic of our Father as Love. Concerning Hebrews 11:3 It actually says "Through faith", when referencing the creation and the strength Sarah received to bear Isaac, and by faith when referencing man's embracing of 'His' faith. For the record I never said "God created the universe by faith" Please reread that post and I will answer any sincere questions concerning it.
---Josef on 6/5/08


Ok. It's simple why faith is so important. The biggest thing is that you have to have FAITH in God to get to Heaven. Second, you also have to have faith when you pray, and pray faithfully, otherwish your prayer is really pointless. Third, you can't do anything for God without faith.
---Tex on 6/5/08


Faith is important. My faith in god is what has got me through one of the worst times in my entire life. God and faith in him can get you through anything that comes your way. And the Bible has the answer to anything you need to know.
---Diane on 6/5/08


Everything does not ride on faith. God is speaking to you in spirit every day. When you get a really good idea, or an urge to do something nice for someone, that's God. It's up to you to act. That's where free will comes in. Look at the world around you. Look what God made for you! :-) It's obvious if you REALLY look.
---deb on 6/5/08


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Marketing


Josef, I see the 2 "grace" terms used by John, but this is not the "by grace one is saved" thing I meant. Also, the "faith" you used is not faith in my bible. Mine says "testimony" and "trust worthy". I don't see where anyone is saved by grace and/or faith. Rev. 3 makes it appear one has to overcome something. Isn't 'faith' just walking blindly without seeing the truth? We all start there, but didn't Jesus say we must see and hear His words/testimony?
---james on 6/5/08


kathr4453, if God does not have faith then how could He give to every man the measure of faith?(Romans 12:3)
If God does not have faith then why would our faith even please Him.(Hebrews 11:6)
If God doesn't have faith then why did Jesus say, in Mark 11:22, "Have the faith OF God.."
If God does not have faith then why did Jesus tell the folks He healed that their faith made them whole? :)
---Rickey on 6/5/08


Faith has everything to do with everything! Our entire relationship to the God of creation depends upon faith. With out it it is impossible to please God. The bottom line of Christian living, is "faith working through love". By faith we are saved, healed, and our are prayers answered. We are all given a measure of faith and need to pray for God to increase our faith and to heal our unbelief.:)
---jody on 6/5/08


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.