ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Love And Serve Others

How will you love and serve others as yourself in 2010?

Join Our Christian Penpals and Take The Love Bible Quiz
 ---Moderator on 1/3/10
     Helpful Blog Vote (3)

Post a New Blog



Paul9594 //4 your insight the Pharisees didn't keep promote the Torah, what did they really do?

Agree that while they promoted the Torah law, they also followed in the Oral traditions of the elders and in doing so negated many of the commandments.

Where we disagree is whether Christians have an obligation to observe the old Torah law consideing the fact, that scripture tells us that we have died to the law thru the body of Christ that we may belong to Him in order that we may bear fruit for God. Romans 7:4

Or do you not know, brothersfor I am speaking to those who know the lawthat the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? (7:1)
---Lee1538 on 1/31/10


People that kept Judaism were not the enemies of Jesus because they kept the Law. It was because they did not believe that he was the Son of God. And they used Judaism to condemn him to death.
---exzucuh on 1/31/10


Lee1538:
U said:
Since the main enemies of Jesus were the sabbath keeping & Torah law promoting Pharisees///

4 your insight the Pharisees didn't keep promote the Torah, what did they really do?

Matthew 15:3 And he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?

Mat 15:6 he shall not honor his father. And ye have made void the word of God because of your tradition.

So who are Pharisees of today?

Aren't they those that void the commandments of the Father and keep the traditons of the church, as the Pharisees did?
---Paul9594 on 1/31/10


Cluny:

Do you think of yourself superior because you walk after the traditons of men?

Ignoring Plain teachings of Christ?

Do you hate the manners and mindset of Christ sayings?

Is this why you hate those who walk after His likeness?

What does Christ think about those who reject His sayings?

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my sayings, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I spake, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Your fighting against Christ's words not mine.
---Paul9594 on 1/31/10


His lips teach who are truly His:

Luke 8:21 But he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these that hear the >> WORD << of God, and DO IT.


What did Christ say to the Pharisees?

Jhn 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? Because ye cannot hear my word.

Many today do not hear Christ's words, Aren't they like the Pharisees?

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep >> MY WORD, << he shall never see death.

Jhn 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my sayings, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I spake, the same shall judge him in the last day.

They argue against Christ words, as the Pharisees.
---Paul9594 on 1/31/10




Lee, thanks for your contributions to these blogs. You have much to offer.
I don't respond too often as you have already explained many things well.
---Rod4Him on 1/31/10


Paul9594 //Matthew 7:22f MANY MANY MANY (NOT A FEW) will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not PROPHESIED in thy name? and in thy name have CAST OUT devils? and in THY NAME done MANY wonderful WORKS? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: >>> DEPART << from me, ye that work LAWLESSNESS.

Since the main enemies of Jesus were the sabbath keeping & Torah law promoting Pharisees it is likely that those who need heed that warning today are of the same stock - the legalists who advocate adherence to OT laws.

However, those born again by His Spirit will never hear that as Christ would be a liar if He told them that He never knew them.
---Lee1538 on 1/31/10


\\ Are you sanctifying yourself and purifying yourself by eating swine's flesh and other abominations, \\

Paul, do you think yourself spiritually superior because you don't eat ham or bacon?

So did the Pharisee of the Lord's parable.
---Cluny on 1/31/10


Paul9594//What is the evidence you've are connected to the power of the cross and the power of the Holy Spirit?

As to witness: The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirsheirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, ,,,Romans 8:16-17

As to works, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them". Eph. 2:10

As to others: Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.Ro 13:8

As to fruit: Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5b
---Lee1538 on 1/31/10


Lee
//Are you sanctifying yourself and purifying yourself by eating swine's flesh and other abominations, What will happen to you?

The obvious answer is NOTHING!

Not so you know what eating pork can do to ones body, but it cannot make one not sanctified by eating it because we are sanctified by faith in the blood of Jesus and it is applied by the Holy Spirit.

The Nomos ritualistic Judaism laws of sanctification are done away! Nothing in the flesh could ever sanctify ,It was their obedience to obey by faith to do what God told them that sanctified them.
---exzucuh on 1/31/10




//Are you sanctifying yourself and purifying yourself by eating swine's flesh and other abominations, What will happen to you?

The obvious answer is NOTHING!

Mark 7:18f And he said to them, Then are you also w/o understanding? Do you not see whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled? (Thus he declared all foods clean.) And he said, What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality,....

When are you going to consent to the Words of Jesus rather than those of the Pharisees?
---Lee1538 on 1/31/10


//Our chief duty as Christians are: to share the gospel of Jesus Christ at all times, with others.

And to share the gospel effectively with others, we are to abide in Christ.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

It is unfortunate that there are those who believe our fruit should be all the right religious beliefs, instead of being used by His Spirit to lead others to salvation in Christ.

You may led others to Christ, but these accusers condemn you for not obseving the Jewish Sabbath or adhering to the Torah - things that are totally optional to the Christian walk.
---Lee1538 on 1/30/10


Are you sanctifying yourself and purifying yourself by eating swine's flesh and other abominations,

What will happen to you?

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one [tree] in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Do believe the truth will stand and not the doctrine of devils?


---Paul9594 on 1/30/10


Our chief duty as Christians are: to share the gospel of Jesus Christ at all times, with others. And bring others into the KIngdom of God. I will continue to do this, to the best of my ability.
I would like to feed more hungry persons in my city. One meal at a time, if I have to. Jesus fed many and we are to do the same works that He did.
I will pass more gospel tracts on trains,buses wherever I go. To continue to spread the Good News.
Learn to be a better lover toward my family first and then toward others. Jesus is love.
---Robyn on 1/29/10


I am trying to deny myself, pick up my cross and follow Jesus daily. In my morning prayers, I put on the full armor of God piece by piece. We are trying to keep an open door policy at our home so that people feel comfortable coming around for whatever reason. In my neighborhood, a few of the wells have quit working so we let people shower at our house for example. Its not much but I am trying to give more of my time and effort to others in general. I would like to do more in the way of evangelizing and am waiting upon the Lord to show me where and how to do more.
---jody on 1/28/10


Paul9594 - why argue about the bad effects from altered foods which may or may NOT be harmful to us. Neither one of us are nutrientists and have few skills in that area.

Bad food is bad food whether such food comes from ritually clean or unclean animals.

Anyone familiar with the Bible knows the law was NOT given to anyone except the Jewish nation. However Gentiles who were NOT given the law, actually obeyed the law by merely following their conscience,(Romans 2:14) and they did NOT even observe the old Jewish Sabbath. So what about that?

IF all the law was applicable to the church, WHY was there a council at Jerusalem called to decide if Gentiles converts needed to be circumcised and follow the law of Moses?
---Lee1538 on 1/28/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Make Money


What about Isiah 66:17 about when Yeshua comes back and kills those peoiple who eat that stuff.
---shane on 1/28/10


Use your common sense, with man destroying the earth, many the animals have to survive eating within their destroyed enviroment.


In fact, this happens with humans, cleans animals like chickens now are given artificial hormones, bio alatered food, that is not good for our bodies! I know I've studied and researched this for 7 yrs.

You even eat polluted food, and don't know how bad its 4 you.

The point is the different original biological reasons remain between the clean and unclean animal, the clean been good 4 food but not the unclean for bilogical reasons, in a normal enviroment.

No where in the Word does it say that Laws are just for Jewish, only in commentaries and with bad teachers.

---Paul9594 on 1/28/10


//By the way my research shows Carp fish eat:

Snails
Mollusks
Worms
Algae
....

AND AND AND any excrema that may have any food value therein. Like pigs eat cattle droppings, so Craps will eat whatever they desire. That much can be observed easily.

Sorry but your contention that the species mentioned in the forbidden food listing of Leviticus are really no different in their eating habits than any other species.

But we can agree that such dietary laws like the other customs (Sabbath observance, etc.)were given ONLY to the Jewish nation to separate them from other peoples.

Your argument is really in the toilet where it belongs.
---lee1538 on 1/28/10


//The other variable is how unclean beasts have weak immune systems and they deal poorly with toxics, so toxics end up in their flesh!

there are 6 basic causes for any species to have a weak immune system.

1. TOXINS
2. DEFICIENT NUTRIENTS
3. HORMONAL IMBALANCE
4. STRESS, Emotional and Mental
5. Electro-Magnetic Radiation (EMR)
6. Acidic pH

These 6 factors are more likely to affect human beings than animals.

If you were to view any animal mentioned as forbidden meats on the Levitical food listing, you would find that they are as healthy as other species.

THERE IS NOTHING IN SCRIPTURE THAT RESTRICTS WHAT CHRISTIANS ARE TO EAT.
---Lee1538 on 1/27/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Rehab Treatments


Lee1538:

The other variable is how unclean beasts have weak immune systems and they deal poorly with toxics, so toxics end up in their flesh! Clean animals have a better system to deal with toxics! So they have no toxics or alot less toxics on their flesh, than unclean animals!

Do your research on this.

By the way my research shows Carp fish eat:

Snails
Mollusks
Worms
Algae
Insects (larvae and adults)
Crustaceans
Aquatic plants (dead or living)
Seeds (1000s of seeds have been found)

Besides water polluted in certain areas by man is not fishes fault.
---Paul9594 on 1/27/10


//Should I believe your Father's story of the Carp fish?

You should believe the truth, do the research yourself.

The fact is the Carp is rather a large fresh water fish having scales can be eaten in conformity to the Levitical food laws.

They are undesirable because it is a very bony fish, but they are best eaten if they are smoked rather than fried.

As a bottom fish they exist on refuse found on the bottom of ponds. A favorite site is where sewage is deposited into the rivers.

Sorry but your silly belief that the Bible forbids the eating of certain foods because they come from scavengers is more ridiculous than many of your other beliefs.

You need to mix good sense with what you would believe.
---Lee1538 on 1/27/10


Lee1538:
Should I believe your Father's story of the Carp fish?

Carp, Trash fish, a term used by U.S. state agencies/anglers to describe less desirable fish >> WITHIN << a region or country. >> TERM USUALLY << refers to fish that are NOT commonly eaten, NOT sought after 4 sporting reasons...

Anyway, using your own reasoning:

Since >> MAN << trashes the Carp fish, by making it unclean with HIS actions, and you justify voiding Fathers food laws BECAUSE of mans actions.

Well then since man/woman trashes the marriage commandment too, by committing adultery.

Then in the same way BECAUSE man/woman trash marriage commandment/vow, This justifies voiding the marriage commandment/vow, too? Not!
---Paul9594 on 1/27/10


Paul9594 //I would use the Word, The Law and the Prophets, ofthe Hebrew words to point ALL YOUR bad reasoning of Scripture ON THE dietary laws and others,...

You say you use the Word, the law & the Prophets, I say you misuse them as your message is far removed from that faith once and for all delivered to the saints. Jude 3

You essentially spit the grace that is ours through what Jesus did for us on the Cross - an issue you totally avoid insisting that one must observe OT laws not mandated of the church.

Sorry but your belief system is very far removed from what is viewed as orthodox teachings of His church.

You can have it, we will stick with the truth as taught by the Apostles & their immediate successors.
---Lee1538 on 1/27/10


Send a Free Happy Birthday Ecard


Ruben - I am very very disappointed in your reply to Paul9594 by quoting Matthew 19:12.

---Lee1538 on 1/26/10


Sorry to have disappointe you , but I used this verse because modern translation say "others have renounce marriage:

Passage Matthew 19:12:
"Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marry for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.(NLT)
---Ruben on 1/27/10


The council says the church could attract more people by allowing priests to marry, and opening debate about women becoming priests.

Others also petition vatican but are not so organized
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10

Ok so every council that comes along and whats to change the Church teaching because of thier views the Church should be open to listen,NO! These men made a vow of celibacy and Jesus mention about making a oath!

"Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths"(Matthew 5:33)
---Ruben on 1/27/10


Paul9594 //New testament written also in Hebrew.

You must have learned that from a school taught by idiots. Or perhaps you simply want to be divisive by deliberating fostering what is clearly error.

All Biblical scholars that I have ever read state that the New Testament was written in Greek - the lingua franca of the Mediterranean Basic - while parts may have been written in Aramaic, possibly Matthew..

As to the Hebrew language, it was pretty much a dead language by the time of Christ. The dominant text of what we call the Old Testament outside of Palestine, was the Septuagint created in Alexandria around 323 BCE.

Suggest reading: The Canon of Scripture, F.F. Bruce.
---Lee1538 on 1/27/10


Paul9594 - I can easily see your reasoning. You believe Christians are still under the laws of the old covenant dispensation.

If you believe that, then clearly to avoid breaking the least of the commandments you should still be offering animal sacrifices on altars, tithing to the temple, observing all the old Jewish feasts, be physically circumcised, etc. etc.

You apparently do not believe in what we view as the New Testament. All you have is some kind of Judaizing religion, clearly not that 'faith once and for all delivered to the saints' Jude 3.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

When will you come into the knowledge of the truth that is through Jesus Christ?
---Lee1538 on 1/27/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Stocks


Paul9594 -What I should have asked of you is to point to a single verse in the New Testament that clearly prohibits Christians from eating certain types of foods.

I provided at least 3 different passages in the NT that state we need not observe dietary laws, but all you have done is to say the OT laws must be observed.

However the Christian is not not under the old covenant,the ministry of death & condemnaiton but under the new covenant of the Spirit. 2 Cor. 3:7,9

Read Galatians 4 about the 2 covenants, the covenant given at Mt. Sinai in which the slave children of Hagar are under, and the covenant based on the promise given to Abraham for all who believe by faith.

Are you a child of Hagar or of the Promise?
---Lee1538 on 1/27/10


Lee1538:

I would use the Word, The Law and the Prophets, ofthe Hebrew words to point ALL YOUR bad reasoning of Scripture ON THE dietary laws and others, but don't have all that time.

New testament written also in Hebrew.

Christ told His listeners search the Scriptures in John 5:39, the only scriptures to search at that time were the Hebrew writings. He said to listen to Moses and the prophets, Luke 16:29, again pointing to Law and the Prophets. What did the noble Bereans USE to determine truth? (Acts 17:11),Scriptures. The very same ones that Paul told Timothy would make one perfect,(2 Tim. 3:16-17) all written in HE-brew.

Master Hebrew so that you won't be deceived anymore, by the doctrines of men.
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10


Lee1538 when will read His lips?

..point to a single verse of Scripture that states Christians need observe the Levitical dietary laws.///

Ok.

Mat 5:19 >> WHOSOEVER << therefore shall BREAK ONE of these
>> LEAST << commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven:

That's if make it in heaven read Matthew 7:20-23

Only in your mind Christ's words pass away?

Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but MY WORDS shall NOT pass away.

Matthew 5:19 was told to the jew, you say?

What don't you throw away ALL the gospels, told to the Jew?

Should we use the precepts of men? Or Christ's words to determine our doctrine?
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10


Paul9594 //FOR ONCE WILL YOU believe the Fathers wisdom instead of the precepts of men?

ALL you need to do guy is to point to a single verse of Scripture that states Christians need observe the Levitical dietary laws. If you can, you will certain be the very first to do so.

Romans 14:2 One person may eat ANYTHING, while the WEAK person eats only vegetables. Let NOT the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let NOT the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. (in other words God does not give a hoot about what foods you eat).

What could be more clear than that?
---Lee1538 on 1/26/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Diabetes


Paul9594 - //Unclean animals are scavengers...

But there is NOTHING in the Scripture that forbids Christians to eat any types of food. You are now changing the focus from what the Bible states to what you view as undesireable tracts possessed by some species.

My father told of a SDA neighbor who made the argument God forbid the eating of certain fish (those w/o scales) because they were bottom scavengers. However, he shut his foolish mouth when it was pointed out to him carp fish (has scales) waits with their mouths open for someone to flush the toilet where the town empties its sewage into the river.

Again, your judgment is on the saints of His church as dietary restrictions were NEVER taught by the church.
---Lee1538 on 1/26/10


//Others also petition vatican (to permit priests to marry) but are not so organized

My brother-in-law was a Roman priest in the Philippines until he fell in love with one who went to him for confession.

He told his bishop that he could do like the other priests and raise a family on the side but decided that was not his way of doing things.

He moved to Detroit where he became a school teacher and raised a family. Later he was relieved of his vows and still is a Roman Catholic.

There has been several petitions sent to the Vatican by priests in the Philippines to marry but to no avail.

My wife was a school teacher there and had 3 children in her classes that were children of priests.
---Lee1538 on 1/26/10


Ruben:

Priests petition Vatican for marriage rights
Updated Tue Oct 4, 2005 3:28pm AEST

A group that says it represents about half of Australia's Catholic clergy is calling on the Vatican to allow priests to get married.

The National Council of Priests of Australia has made a submission to the World Synod of Bishops in Rome, saying the church needs to dramatically increase the number of priests.

The council says the church could attract more people by allowing priests to marry, and opening debate about women becoming priests.

Others also petition vatican but are not so organized
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10


Lee1538:

Its also common sense to listen to Father's instruction in the form of FOOD commandments, to avoid scientific research TAKING 4ever to find out:

Unclean animals are scavengers, trash collectors of the earth. Scientific research also shows pork meat is toxic and suppresses immune system, and there is more.

FOR ONCE WILL YOU believe the Fathers wisdom instead of the precepts of men?

The Torah known from the beginning, transferred verbally. There is more.

Sorry but you cant keep the Torahs wisdom and benefits from true children of the Father!

By the way Father never tells His children follow Christianity, Jews, and orthodox religions.

He said DO my Word in Matthew
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Depression


Ruben - I am very very disappointed in your reply to Paul9594 by quoting Matthew 19:12.

A eunuch by definition is a 'castrated human male: a man or boy whose testicles have been removed or do not function'.

And a second definition of the word is an 'ineffectual man: a man who is regarded as lacking power or effectiveness' (an insult).

While some would argue the Roman Church would have less problems with their priests if they were eunuchs, the reason you should have given was one could more serve the Lord without the distractions of a woman tagging around. 1 Cor. 7:33-34a

Of course, the mandatory rule for priests to be single essentially denies their basic sexuality and thus all the problems resulting thereby.
---Lee1538 on 1/26/10


Lee1538,
So we listen to Jesus as He is the Truth,///

You say with your in REALITY your heart and your actions are far from listening to do, what Jesus taught:

Do you break the Sabbath? Yes.

Do you eat unclean animals not good for your health? Yes

DO YOU void His teachings from His lips:

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:

Yes, you void this passage.
So then how do you say you do listen to Jesus?

Did Christ say do the commentaries teachings, or DO my Word?
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10


MarkV:

U ask:
How do you know they are the devils doctrines? //

If you answer this question then I will answer yours.

Should we follow Abrahams faith example? Yes or no?
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10


Ruben:

Regarding marriage within priests:

"Continence, My child, is the sacrifice asked by the Father. You cannot divide yourselves, there must be a full dedication to the will of God." - Our Lady of the Roses, March 24, 1974

The Catholic News Service reported on November 16, 2006:

Pope Benedict XVI and top Vatican officials, meeting to review the status of married priests, reaffirmed the value of priestly celibacy and said its importance should be highlighted among priests and seminarians.


Should I believe this meeting of top Vatican officials, reaffirming Priestly celibacy or the word of others?
---Paul9594 on 1/26/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Study


In any case, Rueben will you please respond to Paul9594 question about the Catholic church on Love & Serve others 1/25/10. Thank you.
---Lee1538 on 1/25/10

Does the Catholic Church forbid marriage among the Priests and teaches to abstain from ANY kind of meat on certain days?

It is not like they become Priests and then are told they can not marry. So these Men had no intention of marriage to begin with. Besides Jesus in Matthew 19:12 says "For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to receive this, let him receive it.
---Ruben on 1/26/10


//Do you receive all meats with thanksgiving for food? No
You avoid eating poisonous snakes, right?

For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

The verse in context refers to edible foods, not to things not edible like poisonous plants, snakes, rocks, feces,etc.

However, you may not believe this but whatever goes into the stomach, is digested and what is not used by the body, simply goes out the drain.

Of course, Jesus even said that (Mk. 7:18f), but perhaps you believe He really did not know what He was talking about?
---Lee1538 on 1/26/10


Paul, you said Devils doctrines, do you know the doctrines of the devil? You seem to make it a big issue in your answers and mentioned them. How do you know they are the devils doctrines? I know they are not found in Scripture, so how do you know them?
---MarkV. on 1/26/10


//Do you receive with thanksgiving poisonous plants for food? No U avoid them!

Anyone with any common sense that reads these verses knows that they speak of edible foods.

Again, you fail to rightfully handle the word of truth in your support of your fleshly religious views. You have to ignore the rest of what Scripture says on this topic preferring to uphold your fleshly religion of "Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch",(referring to things that all perish as they are used)according to human precepts and teachings." Col 2:21-22

And your judgment is on the Lord's church since abstinence of types of food was never taught.
---Lee1538 on 1/26/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Verses


5/6 Food
The summary of 1 Timothy 4:1-5:
The doctrines of devils come from those:
1) Who forbid to marry,
We do not forbid marriage!
2) devil doctrines tell you to abstain from meats which >>> are created <<< to be >>> received <<< with thanksgiving for food!
We DO NOT tell you to abstain from meats which are
>>> CREATED FOR <<< food, because they are already SANCTIFIED MEANING SEPARATED FOR FOOD, by the Torah of your loving Father!
Do you receive with thanksgiving poisonous plants for food? No U avoid them!
In the same way,
Do you receive all meats with thanksgiving for food? No
You avoid eating poisonous snakes, right?
Then avoid pig meat which is bad for you health and breaks commandments!
---Paul9594 on 1/25/10


5/6 Food
The summary to 1 Timothy 4:1-5:
The doctrines of devils come from those:
1) Who forbid to marry,
We do not forbid marriage!
2) devil doctrines tell you to abstain from meats which >>> are created <<< to be >>> received <<< with thanksgiving for food!
We DO NOT tell you to abstain from eating meats which are
>>> created for <<< food, ALREADY SANCTIFIED MEANING SEPARATED FOR FOOD, by the Torah/ instructions of your loving Father!
Do you receive with thanksgiving poisonous plants for food? No U avoid them!
In the same way,
Do you receive all meats with thanksgiving for food? No
You avoid eating poisonous snakes, right?
Then avoid pig meat that is bad for you health and breaks commandments!
---Paul9594 on 1/25/10


//Breaking down passage:1 Timothy 4:3 forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats,WHICH God CREATED TO BE RECEIVED with thanksgiving by them that believe and KNOW the TRUTH.

What you need to break down is verses 4 & 5 'For EVERYTHING created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer'.

And that pertains to what we commonly view as foods.

You really do not realize it but what you are doing is trying to prove that the teachings as held by the early church was WRONG as they did not teach abstinence from foods.

Plus in order to avoid contradictions you must interpret Scripture within the context of Scripture.
---Lee1538 on 1/25/10


Paul9594//Which meats did God CREATE TO BE received with thanksgiving for food?

All foods or meats that are edible.

In the beginning God said -

Ge 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

However, for the Jewish nation ALONE, the Mosaic Covenant forbid the eating of certain foods as a means of distinguishing them from other peoples.

And the New Covenant of the church, specially Romans 14 allows for the eating of any types of foods.

Sorry but that has been the teachings of His church since its creation. Only the Jews were stuck with the dietary laws.
---Lee1538 on 1/25/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Arthritis


Children of the Father: Part 4/6 Food

Continuing with this passage,1 Timothy 4, or for >>> ANY <<< passage, >>> ALL WORDS <<< WITHIN context HAVE to be considered!

1 Timothy 4

Verse 4 for every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 for it is>>> SANCTIFIED <<< through >>> THE WORD OF GOD <<< and prayer.

In this passage every creature is qualified as:

Sanctified THROUGH the WORD of GOD.

Those animals, which are sanctified, meaning SEPARATED AS MEAT Good TO EAT BY the Word of God, you CAN EAT! Leviticus 11!

There was no New Testament when Paul uttered this instructions.

Can you eat every creature even the poisonous ones?
---Paul9594 on 1/25/10


Children of The Father: continued 2/6 Food

Does the Catholic Church forbid marriage among the Priests and teaches to abstain from ANY kind of meat on certain days?

Breaking down passage:

1 Timothy 4:3 forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats,
>>> WHICH God CREATED <<< TO BE RECEIVED with thanksgiving
>> by them << that believe and KNOW the TRUTH.

This passage begs the question:
>> WHICH << MEATS did God create to received with thanksgiving for food?

Has God created the poisonous plants to be received with thanksgiving and be eaten?
Of course not.

This passage is speaks about those who tell you not to eat those meats which God in fact HAS created to BE received FOR FOOD.

More
---Paul9594 on 1/25/10


Children of the Father: Part 3/6 Food
The passage begs the question:

Which meats did God CREATE TO BE received with thanksgiving for food?

Did God create the poisonous snake to be eaten with thanksgiving? No
Is the pig to be eaten with thanksgiving? No. How do we know?

Out of love your Father teaches you dont eat pig meat in Leviticus 11!
Research has finally caught up to Fathers wisdom! Pig suppress immune system and is toxic for the body. Do your research and you will find this out!

We SHOULD ask the question:
Which animal DID God create to be eaten with thanksgiving?

Your loving Father answers our question in Leviticus 11, 14!!
Has the apostasy taught you Torah is bondage?
---Paul9594 on 1/25/10


//When Christ said that you may also be SANCTIFIED IN THE TRUTH, there was no New Testament, and so he meant the Old Testament TRUTH.

While He often referred to the Old Covenant, Jesus also stated "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

So we listen to Jesus as He is the Truth, not what some erroneously regard as "the Old Testament truth".

Again, you should stop trying to make Jews out of Gentiles.
---Lee1538 on 1/25/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Asthma


Children of the Father: Continued Part 1/6 Food

From the lips of the Savior:

John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth: >> THY WORD << is truth.

And there is more From Christs own lips:
John 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.

Are you being sanctified by the truth? His Word, words?
Because keeping the teachings and traditions of men does not sanctify you IN the truth!

When Christ said that you may also be SANCTIFIED IN THE TRUTH, there was no New Testament, and so he meant the Old Testament TRUTH.

Are you been santicfied by the Truth or the teachings of men?
---Paul9594 on 1/24/10


//The doctrines from devils are for one, of those who forbid marriage. I do not forbid marriage, ...

You are only half way there and half way there is enough to call it - the abstaining of certain foods - a teaching of demons.

1 Tim.4:3 ... commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

And you have to ignore verse 4 in its context that nothing is to be refused.

Plus, plus, you ignore the words of Jesus in Matthew 15,Mark 7 as well as Romans 14:4, and Colossians 2:16.

So either way you cut it, your belief is in the tiolet and indefensible. You really need to stop twisting Scripture to make Jews out of Gentiles.
---Lee1538 on 1/24/10


Dear children of the Father: Part 4/4 food

to abstain from meatsWHICH God hath >> CREATED << TO BE RECEIVED
With thanksgiving >>> OF THEM <<< which BELIEVE and know the
>>>TRUTH <<<

Are u >> OF THEM << WHICH believe and KNOW the >>> Truth <<
Are u really OF THEM which seek and are after the TRUTH? Good!

So what is TRUTH? Lets go to Christs Word:

Psalm 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And thy LAW is
>>> TRUTH <<<.
Ummthe Law is Truth! ( Truth = Torah/instructions of the Father)
---Paul9594 on 1/24/10


Dear Children of The Father: Part 3/4 food

Is the passage of 1 Timothy 4:1-5, telling us that we can void Gods commandments that forbid the eating of unclean animals, to the keep traditions of men?

Breaking down passage:

1 that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils

Verse 3 Forbidding to marry

The doctrines from devils are for one, of those who forbid marriage. I do not forbid marriage, nor do those who walk after the commandments of righteousness, in the Spirit of love: Christ. We do not walk after the commandments in the spirit of the Pharisees but in the Spirit of Christ!

Are we not suppose to be Christ like?
---Paul9594 on 1/24/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Cholesterol


There is nothing in the writings of the early church that restricted Christians from eating any types of food, ritually clean or unclean.

The Levitical dietary laws were given to the Jewish nation as a means of distinguishing them from other peoples.

As to the belief that certain food types are unhealthy, that is something that cannot be substantiated.

It is all just so much foolishness on the part of those who have a fleshly religion and wish to develop some sort of standard by which they can compare themselves with others.
---Lee1538 on 1/24/10


If it rest on serving others, I wouldn't do it. I obey God. Far too many people are serving others for selfish gain. Must obey God. Serve Him and only Him.
---catherine on 1/24/10


It is pretty obvious from the plain meaning of Scripture there is no prohibition as to what Christians may or may not eat.

Mark 7:18f And he said to them, Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him, since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on? (Thus he declared all foods clean.) See also Mt. 15:17f

Romans 14:2 One person believes he may eat ANYTHING, while the weak person eats only vegetables.

Col. 2:16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

Again, this is Paul9594 trying to Judaize the Lords church.
---Lee1538 on 1/24/10


Children of the Father: Part 2/4 food

Lees bad interpretation, 1 Timothy 4:1-5
VOIDS the Fathers food commandments even LIKE the Pharisees interpreted His
Word to keep their traditions.

Do we want to do as Lee does?

What does Christ say about voiding His commandments for traditions developed by men?
Mar 7:8 You leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men.

Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well do ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your tradition.

Mar 7:13 making void the word of God by your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things ye do.

Lets continue to 1 Timothy 4:1-5
---Paul9594 on 1/23/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Lasik Surgery


Children of the Father: Part 1/4 food
1 Timothy 4:1-5 Lees bad interpretation, which voids the Fathers food commandments as the Pharisees to keep their traditions:

1 Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils
3 Forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer..
IS THIS PASSAGE telling us that we can disregard Gods commandments that forbid the eating of unclean animals?
---Paul9594 on 1/23/10


Those who have devoted themselves to deceitful spirits & teaching of demons are those who advocate Christians should not eat certain foods.

1 Tim.4:1f Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For EVERYTHING created by God is good, and NOTHING is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

So go ahead and eat the pork roast.
---Lee1538 on 1/22/10


Paul9594//Out of love our Father give us instructions on what to eat and what not to eat.

Hear the words of Father -

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

And hear the words of our Lord Jesus, -

John 6:56. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

Are Christians restricted as to what they may eat? NO!

Romans 14:2-3 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, ...
---Lee1538 on 1/22/10


Living by the power and fruits of the Holy Spirit and being a good witness to those around me. Always being prepared to help others in accordance with God's Word. Sharing my testimony with others. I suppose to sum it all up in a few words, just be a ready and willing servant.
---Bob on 1/21/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Bullion


By restoring the Truth, of the benefits of the teachings and instructions of the Torah with its original spiritual intent!

Don't we give good instructions to our children on what is good or bad to eat?

How much more The Father?
Out of love our Father give us instructions on what to eat and what not to eat.


The Torah is spiritual, are you been taught different?
---Paul9594 on 1/20/10


As I have always done. The most important: share the gospel with them. Seek to get them saved and join a bible teaching church etc...Share what means I have. Mainly food, money time and attention. Intercessory prayer. When it is within my power to meet anothers need, I will do that. It comes a time when prayer,preaching and teaching won't get it. We need to take it upon ourselves to dig deep within our pockets, wallets, food bins and meet the sinners need, before they can pay attention to the Gospel.
---Robyn on 1/10/10


develop wisdom when you say 'serve others' because there is potential for abuse. there are those who will take advantage & will become lazy. you can say NO when you believe that people you serve are taking advantage & are just lazy
---mike on 1/6/10


According to James 1:27

"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."

In 2010, I will continue to provide labor for single mothers, the elderly, the handicapped, families with foster children, and families with adopted children.

And I will continue to keep myself pure and undefiled before God as my witness.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/5/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Menopause


My love for my fellow man will be expressed in the following manner,

1. I will tell them what Christ has done for them. How he has reconciled them and has made them acceptable to the father.

2. I will explain to them how they can avail themselves of what Jesus has already done for them.

3. After these two steps I will offer to pray with them for their eternal security!!!

4. Should they agree I will then prove to them, by God's Word, that they can never be lost and undone again.
---mima on 1/5/10


Just like I did in 2009. By keeping my heart turned towards the Lord, praying alot, worshipping Father God and meditating in the Word of God daily as Psalm 1 tells us to.

I am loving the unlovely people in my life. "it is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me, and the works that I now do, I do by faith in the Son of God, etc.,"

It's the Lord's love that works through us - we love because He first loved us. Amen?
---Donna on 1/4/10


By following Christ!
---catherine on 1/3/10


keeping my attitude in line with jesus,s.Iam sure when he told matthew he would dine with him at his house everyone about lost it.his answer was the healthy have no need of a physician.love,a word used by many people,but practiced by few,the divorce rate proves my point,the apparent strings attached to what so many perceive as love amazes me.
---tom2 on 1/3/10


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Penpals


I gues the real message of truth is best explained in the word love,john 3-16 plainly gives to the world the reason why God sent his son,for God so LOVED THE WORLD ,thats all of us.If we as believers truly wish to follow jesus,then should we not be willing to give up our lives for those we love?Alife spent serving,giving,always choosing whats best for others to many may be a life were advantage is taken of you always,but really is that not so for jesus,remembering always that because of love he chose to give his life to us all. And really what is a lifespan of serving to others,compared to an eternal reward for such a choice?
---tom2 on 1/3/10


I will pay more attention to the "little" picture than the "big" picture.
---Geraldine on 1/3/10


I believe as a believer if you dont have this attitude,then maybe you are of the world,and much less of jesus as you think you are.
---tom2 on 1/3/10


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.