ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

What Is The Torah

Explain the Torah.

Join Our Christian Penpals and Take The Ten Commandments Bible Quiz
 ---aservant on 6/23/15
     Helpful Blog Vote (2)

Post a New Blog



\\Many think they are saved because of a ceremony, or a water baptism but are really not saved, because they have not been chosen, and misunderstand Spirit Baptism.\\

Do you think you're saved, aservant?

And if so, why?

And were you appointed to determine who is saved and who is not?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 7/8/15


. . . how do you expect others (like survey takers) to do so?
---StrongAxe on 7/8/15


I don't. The fact that they can't be separated is germaine to the notion, the survey is highly inaccurate, because it includes Spirit empty folks who wrongly believe they are Christian, who are much more likely to get divorced because they lack the Spirit inhabiting them.

Rom 8:9 (ERV) But you are not ruled by your sinful selves. You are ruled by the Spirit, if that Spirit of God really lives in you. But whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Christ.

Jn 17:9-10, 1Cor 15:23,
---aservant on 7/8/15


aservant:

You said: They interview a large sample of apparant "Christians", in many congregations, with no distinction in whom God has chosen.

Jesus said that the wheat won't be separated from the tares until the final judgment. If we ourselves can't (and shouldn't) separate them, how do you expect others (like survey takers) to do so?
---StrongAxe on 7/8/15


---StrongAxe on 7/7/15

They interview a large sample of apparant "Christians", in many congregations, with no distinction in whom God has chosen. Many think they are saved because of a ceremony, or a water baptism but are really not saved, because they have not been chosen, and misunderstand Spirit Baptism.

Many are taught that tongues is the evidence, the proof they are Spirit inhabited, but Jesus, our Savior did not speak in tongues.

I can't accept the report as a genuine reflection of Christian divorce -- too many non-Christians in the count.

God does nothing in vain. His Spirit is in us to accomplish His will, not our will. See Jn 14:26, 15:26.
---aservant on 7/8/15


aservant:

Google: divorce rate pentecostals

The first few links mention claims that it's 1-2%, but also a Barna study says:

conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics

Many couples would find it difficult to continue attending services in the same congregation after their marital separation... So, they drop out.

Which accounts for low statistics.

90% of divorces among born-again couples occur after they have been "saved."

Among the largest Protestant groups, those most likely to get divorced were Pentecostals (44%) while Presbyterians had the fewest divorces (28%)
---StrongAxe on 7/7/15




. . . he is fully capable of interfering to stop something he hates, but chooses not to do so. If Spirit-filled Christians . . . can make "as long as we both shall live" work, it is by their own choice and effort, not God's coercion.
---StrongAxe on 7/7/15


Consider that two married, Spirit inhabited Christians, WANT to be more obedient to God's desire than do one or two married, Spirit empty "Christians" (not real Christians). The divorce comparison should include those one or two married, Spirit empty "Christians", in the secular category. When the stat is taken where Spirit inhabited Christians are compared to secular people, that 50% comparison will be shattered.
---aservant on 7/7/15


God's coercion.
---StrongAxe on 7/7/15

Giving Moses leprosy was coercion.

Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This why He wants His Spirit to live inside His people.

This is why I know the marriage stats of the Spirit inhabited couples will have far less divorce.
---aservant on 7/7/15


aservant:

You said: I think you analysis is a bit simplistic. Many call themselves Christian who are not. I would like to see that stat about Christians after both husband and wife are inhabited by the Holy Spirit. There would be a drastic difference.

This may be, but it it not relevant to the issue of whether God can (and will) stop people from divorcing. God hates divorce, but he allows it to go on anyway - i.e. he is fully capable of interfering to stop something he hates, but chooses not to do so. So if Spirit-filled Christians (or anyone else) can make "as long as we both shall live" work, it is by their own choice and effort, not God's coercion.
---StrongAxe on 7/7/15


Christian marriage (i.e. whether you're Christian or not doesn't change this), it seems that while God CAN stop people from doing so, he usually doesn't.
---StrongAxe on 7/6/15


I think you analysis is a bit simplistic. Many call themselves Christian who are not. I would like to see that stat about Christians after both husband and wife are inhabited by the Holy Spirit. There would be a drastic difference.
---aservant on 7/6/15


Matt 25:34 Says the Kingdom was prepared before the foundation of the world. Not that some few were chosen then.
---Samuelbb7 on 7/1/15


Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
---aservant on 7/6/15




Samuelbb7 wrote: I can choose to leave my wife...
aservant wrote: God can stop you.

Given that about 50% of marriages in the United States end in divorce, and the statistic is about the same for Christian marriage (i.e. whether you're Christian or not doesn't change this), it seems that while God CAN stop people from doing so, he usually doesn't.

We wouldn't have needed the Ten Commandments, or any of the rest of the Law, if God stopped people from sinning like a master puppeteer, but he doesn't. He lets us make our own mistakes, regardless of the consequences they have on our own lives, or the lives of others.
---StrongAxe on 7/6/15


Deuternomy 30:6
And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.


This is similar to the New Covenant. But GOD didn't make Israel serve Him. They were free to disobey and they did.

Ezekiel is part of the New Testament promise. You keep saying GOD forces us to be saved. Love does not use force.

Your view of the Limited atonement and irresistible grace make this passage a lie. But you are correct Jesus doesn't lie.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 7/6/15


I prefer the KJV or NKJV reading. So do I.

Why do you think Jesus is lying? He never lies.

I can choose to leave my wife . . . God can stop you.

I can choose to leave GOD. God can stop you. God can make you love Him - Dt 30:6, make you obey Him - Eze 36:27.
---Samuelbb7 on 7/6/15

draw = attract like a magnet. Still needs to call, elect, choose them for salvation.

When Jesus was followed by huge crowds, many needed healing, but usually He only healed those He chose. There were times He healed them all - Mt 8:16.
---aservant on 7/6/15


Thank you. I never heard of the ERV Bible before. Now I know a few things about it.

I prefer the KJV or NKJV reading.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Why do you think Jesus is lying?

The reason people don't come to Jesus is that even though the Holy Spirit and the Father call them they love sin more then GOD.

Parable of the sower shows a little. Many who think they are saved are lost. Matthew 24.

I am married and have been so for 41 years. I can choose to leave my wife no matter how much she loves me.

I can choose to leave GOD.
---Samuelbb7 on 7/6/15


1John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
---Samuelbb7 on 7/1/15


Jesus' Bloodshed enables every person in the world to be saved. So then, how do so many end up in Hell?

This is the reason Jesus gives:

Jn 6:44 (ERV) The Father is the one who sent me, and he is the one who brings people to me. I will raise them up on the last day. Anyone the Father does not bring to me cannot come to me (they are unable).

Hos 11:4 (GNB) I drew them to me with affection and love. I picked them up and held them to my cheek, I bent down to them and fed them.
---aservant on 7/6/15


The Bible tells us how to tell the difference between those who just say they love GOD and those who do.

1John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Do you treat others with kindness and respect?

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 7/6/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


\\ The warm fuzzy "inner feeling" that we are the children of God is not necessarily a guarantee, as many deluded people erroneously feel the same thing. Just \\

As the Bible itself puts it, "The heart is deceitful and wicked above all things."

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 7/5/15



Cluny, servant has labelled me a reprobate.
---learner2 on 7/5/15


I get not liking what I say, but that is no justification to lie about what I said. I don't recall saying anything like "You are reprobate." Provide the evidence from the blog.

This is what you said about yourself:

>Everyone else is reprobate, like me.

>I am quite sure that you are the only person here who is not a reprobate.

>aservant, he sent his son for the saved like you but not for the reprobate like me.
---learner2 on 1/27/15
---aservant on 7/5/15


The warm fuzzy "inner feeling" that we are the children of God is not necessarily a guarantee . . .
---StrongAxe on 7/5/15


I get your point, but I have nothing to prove. A servant stands or falls to His Master. It is understandable many doubt my being chosen. Yet, I don't matter.

There are approx 44,000 people that come to these pages daily. I am here to expose them to Scripture. Most in these blogs talk about their opinions, or what some man has said. So when anyone is questioned, I try to answer it with Scripture.

I have been given assignments, both inside and outside the church body. My most important job is 1Pt 2:9, which I do a few days each week.
---aservant on 7/5/15


aservant:

You said: Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

The warm fuzzy "inner feeling" that we are the children of God is not necessarily a guarantee, as many deluded people erroneously feel the same thing. Just look at the Mormons. They teach that you should pray to God to show you that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and most of them will tell you that they have done so, and God has told them it is. It's impossible for both them, and the majority of Christians who believe the Book of Mormon to be hogwash, to both be right.
---StrongAxe on 7/5/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


- 2 of 2 -

. . . christians . . . are so hypocritical to God's true . . . love Remember, Spirit inhabited Christians are not actually righteous, we are imputed to righteousness (i.e., a judicial pronoucement of innocence because Jesus took our punishment).

We still repent because we still sin. Jesus is the example of love, not Spirit inhabited Christians who still need to repent - see Rom 7. We won't be an example of how to love until Father finishes the work that he started in us.
---Steveng on 7/5/15/
---aservant on 7/5/15


Cluny, servant has labelled me a reprobate. He knows, because by his own admission his spirit is in tune with God's spirit, and we can't gainsay that. So you and everyone here must hang on to his every word. He is a chosen one of God.
---learner2 on 7/5/15


And how do you know that the Father chose you, aservant?
---Cluny on 7/5/15


Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
---aservant on 7/5/15


Steveng:

You said: Today's denominational christians, counterfeit christians (christian who think they are christians, but are not) are so hypocritical to God's true religion of genuine love according to the following verses:

If you want to understand God's plan, you can't just pick the verses that show one side of the issue (God's love), while casually ignoring all the others that paint a different picture (e.g. the fall, judgment sending sinners to hell, God being omniscient so he must have known in advance the Fall would doom most of humanity to hell, yet he created the world as it is anyway, so it must have been his will all along, etc.)
---StrongAxe on 7/5/15


Locate Christian Home Based Business Opportunities


- 1 of 2 -

---Steveng on 7/5/15/

He doesn't want anyone to go to hell No one else is deciding they go to Hell.

Christians cause people to hate christians.

Jn 15:18 If the world hate you . . . it hated me before it hated you.
1Jn 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Jesus "caused" them to hate Him, by testifying of their evil.
---aservant on 7/5/15


And how do you know that the Father chose you, aservant?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 7/5/15


aservant wrote: "Those He DOES NOT call, elect, or choose, He does not Love. They are going to Hell."

He loves all of his creation. He doesn't want anyone to go to hell. Christians do not do what is commanded of God for God causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. He is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. In reality, Christians are causing people to hate christians.

Today's denominational christians, counterfeit christians (christian who think they are christians, but are not) are so hypocritical to God's true religion of genuine love according to the following verses:

Luke 6:27
Luke 6:35
Matthew 5:44
Romans 12:19-21
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
---Steveng on 7/5/15


servant, thank you for making that clear. Now I know that I can go do anything I want, good or bad, and God doesn't care. I could not love such a God. I am quite sure that you are the only person here who is not a reprobate. So I hope you get great comfort in that. God bless you richly!
---learner2 on 7/5/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


aservant wrote: Those He DOES NOT call, elect, or choose, He does not Love. They are going to Hell.

How do you know whether he is chosen or not?
---StrongAxe on 7/4/15


Jn 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jn 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you . . .

There is only Heaven or Hell. If the the Father does not call, elect, or choose one, He does not love them. They are going to Hell.

I never said that I know who He is or is not going to call.
---aservant on 7/4/15


I was told that if someone truly believes in TULIP, it proves they are of the predestined. Everyone else is reprobate, like me.
---learner2 on 7/4/15


Jesus, the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world, and Jeremiah, ordained a prophet before he was formed in the womb were both manifested before Calvin or TULIP ever existed. Calvin did not write one word in the Bible. Predetermination is all God's doing.

Eph 1:4 According as he (the Father) hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world . . .

This is not the first time you have identified yourself as reprobate.

Mt 12:34 . . . for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
---aservant on 7/4/15


. . . GOD forces people to be lost and others to be saved.---Samuelbb7 on 7/1/15

Rom 11:32 . . . God hath concluded them all in unbelief . . .
Gal 3:22 . . . scripture hath concluded all under sin . . .

Is 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Is 43:7 Even one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him, yea, I have made him.

All were lost when Adam sinned. God chose and saved some before He started creating the world, for His own glory.
---aservant on 7/5/15


I was told that if someone truly believes in TULIP, it proves they are of the predestined. Everyone else is reprobate, like me.
---learner2 on 7/4/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


aservant wrote: Those He DOES NOT call, elect, or choose, He does not Love. They are going to Hell.

Cluny wrote: How does it feel to be among those, aservant?

How do you know whether he is chosen or not? Do you have an inside line to God's calling, or do you have a TareSniffer(TM)?

There's no metric for determining whether someone, at some particular time, is chosen or not. Remember, prophets were chosen while in the womb (so had no proper orthodoxy, let alone any knowledge or opinions), and Paul was chosen, even though he was persecuting Christians.
---StrongAxe on 7/4/15


\\Those He DOES NOT call, elect, or choose, He does not Love. They are going to Hell.\\

How does it feel to be among those, aservant?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 7/4/15


Mat 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
---micha9344 on 7/2/15


God will still call, elect, and choose those in other nations, other religions, because He still does all the choosing. Jn 6:44

Just because Mr. Smith can hold and read the last will and testament of Mr. Jones does not mean that Mr. Smith is an inheritor of Mr. Jones.

It is the same with Jesus. Many will hold and read Bibles, and many will attend church regularly, and do good works, but that is no guarantee of being one of the inheritors of Jesus.

Mt 7:13-14 - Many more will go to Hell, than go to Heaven
---aservant on 7/2/15


servant, sorry you feel that way.
---learner2 on 7/2/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Counseling


Mat 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.
-This is one of the best verses against the current view of limited atonement.
-There is absolutely no reason to be given this command if the lot had been decided already.
No preaching, teaching, nor even the Word of God would be able to change the hearts of men if all was decided.
Now, foreknowledge is something entirely different.
That is what is spoken by the Word of God.
Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
---micha9344 on 7/2/15


servant, God loves everybody.
John 3:16
John 12:32
1 Corinthians 15:22
2 Corinthians 5:18,19
Colossians 1:20
1 Timothy 2:4
1 Timothy 4:10
---learner2 on 7/1/15


The Bible is a covenant with God's called, elect, chosen that details the terms of that covenant. It does not apply to anyone who is not part of that contract. So when your Scripture refs says "all" it is speaking to those inside the covenant ONLY.

Those He DOES NOT call, elect, or choose, He does not Love. They are going to Hell. Most muslims, buddhists, and folks of other religions will not be under covenant with Him, so they are not loved by Him.
---aservant on 7/2/15


servant, God loves everybody.
John 3:16
John 12:32
1 Corinthians 15:22
2 Corinthians 5:18,19
Colossians 1:20
1 Timothy 2:4
1 Timothy 4:10
---learner2 on 7/1/15


/God divorced Israel because the Israelites brought many gods, beliefs, and practices with them from Egypt\-faithforfaith on 6/30/15
This is now outright falsehood.
The Israel received their punishment for turning back to Egyptian ways in the time of Moses.
After the nation split into 2, Israel was divorced by God for turning to the gods of their neighbors. Since they were the Northern nation, Egypt was not one of their neighbors
/The Jews PREFERRED not to do as was told them. They chose PAGAN gods instead of the CREATOR ONLY.\-faithforfaith on 7/1/15
It wasn't the Jews. The Jews (of Judah) were the exiled ones, kept as a remnant.
It was the 10 tribes of Israel.
Some here are combining history and hoping no one notices.
---micha9344 on 7/1/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Relief


Matt 25:34 Says the Kingdom was prepared before the foundation of the world. Not that some few were chosen then.

True even the lost will in the end recognize and worship GOD. But then it will be too late for them to be saved.

Rev. 17 says nothing that can be construed to fit your meaning.

Limited Atonement is part of TULIP. But John 3:16 has unlimited atonement, unlimted love. Which you oppose.

1John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

You have that GOD forces people to be lost and others to be saved. So why be here? It is all decided no one can change. There is no free will. All set in stone. We are just robots wind up toys.
---Samuelbb7 on 7/1/15


Act 7:39

and in their hearts they turned to Egypt,

Scripture is clear.

Instead of falling for all the EXCUSES that you are SUPPOSED TO believe, try actually UNDERSTANDING what is in plain black and white.

The Jews refused to listen to MOSES.

The Jews PREFERRED not to do as was told them. They chose PAGAN gods instead of the CREATOR ONLY.
---faithforfaith on 7/1/15


servant, Love is defined in 1.Corinthians.13. God is love. That's how he is.
---learner2 on 7/1/15


God does not love everybody though He is the perfect personification of Love. For examle, He does not love those who seek to prostitute Him, as do many on these blogs (i.e., gain His benefits without giving Him love and without honoring the covenant).

Pro 8:17 I love them that love me, and those that seek me early shall find me.
---aservant on 7/1/15


servant, Love is defined in 1.Corinthians.13. God is love. That's how he is.
---learner2 on 7/1/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Settlement


\\Father constructed Jesus to be the Lamb (slain before the foundation of the world - Rev 13:8 = predetermined plan)\\

Jesus wasn't constructed, which is another way of saying "made."

In His divine nature, Jesus was begotten, not made.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 7/1/15


---Samuelbb7 on 6/29/15

Scriptures re "foundation of the world". Mt 25:34 shows some saved before they were born. Eph 1:4 These were selected to be saved BEFORE He constructed the world. Rev 13:8 shows those who will not be saved will still worship Him. Rev 17: shows those who will not be saved being selected before He constructed the World.

Mat 13:35
Mat 25:34
Luk 11:50
Joh 17:24
Eph 1:4
Heb 4:3
Heb 9:26
1Pe 1:20
Rev 13:8
Rev 17:8
---aservant on 6/30/15


/God divorced Israel because the Israelites brought many gods, beliefs, and practices with them from Egypt\-faithforfaith on 6/30/15
This is erroneous at best.
The gods with which Israel committed adultery were of the nations that were not vanquished upon entering the promised land.
Unless you may be referring to Jeroboam and his calves, which were not on all the high places in Samaria.
God did divorce Israel, not because they brought, but because they were influenced by the gods around them.
---micha9344 on 6/30/15


Instead of replying negatively and saying that MY? statement makes no sense, respond to what is written in scripture. I did not make anything up. God divorced Israel because the Israelites brought many gods, beliefs, and practices with them from Egypt (God called them the "faithless ones").

WERE YOU TAUGHT THIS? (some people know this but no one from the pulpit or commentaries addresses these issues without making EXCUSES). Read about the KENITES (those who say they are Jews but are not).

If you object or disagree, EXPLAIN why and GIVE REASONING.

2 Thessalonians 2:3? "because they REFUSED to love the truth AND SO BE SAVED".

verse is from the RSV.
---faithforfaith on 6/30/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Distance Learning


If all we are is puppets then like puppets we are on strings and just do the things GOD makes us do. Which includes all the hateful things humans do to others.
---Samuelbb7 on 6/29/15


Father constructed Jesus to be the Lamb (slain before the foundation of the world - Rev 13:8 = predetermined plan)

Before being formed in flesh, Jeremiah was ordained a prophet before birth - Jer 1:5

He doesn't have to make us do evil. Sin takes care of that. Babies have to be taught to be "good" because they are born selfish, impatient, etc.
---aservant on 6/30/15


servant, certainly not a God that anyone with any sense could possibly love.
---learner2 on 6/29/15


You would be breaking the greatest commandment, which is to love God with your all. Mt 22:37-40 Might want to reconsider. Obedience is how God defines love. Jn 14:21
---aservant on 6/30/15


They can be in hell if GOD allows them to choose. You are saying that GOD cannot allow them to choose. He must do what Calvin said. Based on GOD is in charge. But if GOD is in charge then He can let them choose.

How do you know you are saved?

Lerner2 Why?

Faith for Faith you don't explain and your statement makes no sense. The New Covenant has been taught for 2,000 years.

True some misunderstand what the New Covenant is and how it works. But some don't understand the Old Covenant either. Charges without explanations is just false accusations. Say why.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 6/30/15


servant, certainly not a God that anyone with any sense could possibly love.
---learner2 on 6/29/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Education


No matter what Moses said to the Jews, THEY DID NOT LISTEN TO HIM.

Scripture is 2,000 years OLD (after all, it IS called the "OLD" testament).

Act 7:39
Our fathers refused to obey him, but thrust him aside, and in their hearts they turned to Egypt,


Act 7:40
saying to Aaron, 'Make for us gods to go before us, as for this Moses who led us out from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.'

Act 7:41
And they made a calf in those days

Do you see how REAL TRUTH hasn't been TAUGHT in 2,000 years? OPEN YOUR EYES! This generation of worshippers must learn REAL truth and understand that "OLD" means OLD.
---faithforfaith on 6/29/15


. . . then he himself is a destroyer, not a Savior.
---learner2 on 6/29/15


2Kg 19:35(CEV) That same night the LORD sent an angel to the camp of the Assyrians, and he killed one hundred eighty-five thousand of them. And so the next morning, the camp was full of dead bodies.

The Lord is both Destroyer and Savior.
---aservant on 6/29/15


If God chooses to let people destroy themselves, then he himself is a destroyer, not a Savior.
---learner2 on 6/29/15


Aservent I have had this Calvinistic argument before. But I cannot accept predestination since GOD wants all people to be saved.

Calvin did not write Jer 1:5, Rom 8:29, Eph 1:5, 11-12, Jn 15:16, Acts 13:48, 1Pt 1:20. Can they be in Hell if God wants them saved?

Why are we to love the people GOD hates? Since you believe He does not love everyone?
---Samuelbb7 on 6/28/15


1. He commanded us to.
2. We don't know who is predestined to what.
3. We reflect his Character - Love. He still blesses (food, clothing, money, etc.) the UNcalled. UNelected, UNchosen until they die, though He knows their final fate.
---aservant on 6/28/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Home Equity Loans


Being all powerful is true for GOD. But GOD can choose to let people decide for themselves. Other wise He is not all powerful.

If GOD forces us to do everything we do. Then He forces people to commit sins.

Read the book of James about how we cause our problems not GOD.

If all we are is puppets then like puppets we are on strings and just do the things GOD makes us do. Which includes all the hateful things humans do to others.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 6/29/15


If God wants all people to be saved but can't make it happen, then He isn't omnipotent.
---learner2 on 6/28/15


Correct Nicole Passover does point to the Communion. Which is why we should as Christians know more about Passover.

Aservent I have had this Calvinistic argument before. But I cannot accept predestination since GOD wants all people to be saved.

2Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness, but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 3. 16:6,7

Luke 6:27
But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,


Why are we to love the people GOD hates? Since you believe He does not love everyone?

agape
---Samuelbb7 on 6/28/15


Aservent GOD does not force people to be saved . . .
---Samuelbb7 on 6/26/15


Rom 9:19 . . . who hath resisted his will? He exercises Divine prerogative.

Is 49:25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.

God does all the choosing:

Jn 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you,
Jn 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father . . . draw him . . .
---aservant on 6/28/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Interest Rates


Mike and Samuel, pls study Exodus 12, the whole chapter.
The Passover is Communion and Easter is the Resurrection.

Last Supper, Jesus didn't complete drinking all 4 cups of wine Mark 14:26 until he was on Cross John 19:29-30
John 20:1 One the first day of the week (Sunday=Easter)

The people were instructed the lamb's bone could not be broken 12:46, Jesus'legs were not broken.
They had to stay awake 12:42. Peter, James and John couldn't stay awake so Jesus died.
Eat of the male lamb whole. Exodus 12:9. John 6:53-54..unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you..Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life.
Jesus isn't to be Passed, but we are passover.
---Nicole_Lacey on 6/27/15


I do not think need is the correct word. But should and learn from watching or participating in a Passover is.

Easter is supposed to be about the Resurrection. Not the Last Supper. Communion is about the Last Supper.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 6/27/15


Gosh their Passover has many familiar connection to Jesus, I wonder why, and that would be why christians need to celebrate The Passover not easter.
---mike on 6/26/15


thank you Micha. I had not read that it had so many meaning till today.

We have had and do have a number of Jewish Leaders in my church.

Aservent GOD does not force people to be saved. Many Jews will see the truth in the last days. But it is because their eyes are opened by the Holy Spirit. Not because they are forced.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 6/26/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Marketing


Sadly, after accepting Jesus as the Messiah they lose family members.
---Nicole_Lacey on 6/25/15


Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Jesus will cause them to return, and they will be very happy the saved relative did believe in Jesus. He has promised to reward the believer by saving his unbelieving loved ones. Thank You, Captain of Salvation!!
---aservant on 6/25/15


Yes Samuel, I heard that Isaiah 53 forced some Jews (because some didn't want to believe it) to be Christians after studies Jesus' death on the cross.

Their Passover meals have many familiar connection to Jesus.

Sadly, after accepting Jesus as the Messiah they lose family members.

Others are happy to have read chapter 53 and explain the connection with the Passover meal/Passion with delight.
---Nicole_Lacey on 6/25/15


-Let's get this on the right blog first.
///So it does not include Scholars comments.\-Samuelbb7 on 6/25/15
- Wikipedia -
Torah: It has a range of meanings. It can most specifically mean the first five books of the twenty-four books of the Tanakh, and it usually includes the rabbinic commentaries.\\aservant on 6/25/15
Talmud -- basically re-hashed Tanakh with commentaries
Tanakh -- Torah(Pentateuch)+Nevi'im(Prophets)+Ketuvim(writing) = our O.T.,give or take. Notice T+N+K.
Pentateuch -- first five books of God.
Torah -- seems to have any of these meanings, so this blog may create more confusion that clarity.
Most directly, the Torah is the Pentateuch.
---micha9344 on 6/25/15


The Torah is the first five books of the Tanakh/Old Testament.
---Rod4Him on 6/25/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Life Insurance


You are correct Nicole. It is what we call the Old Testament. I have meet many people who do not know these things.

Isiah 53 is a very important passage that they try hard to explain.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 6/25/15


The Torah is part of the Tanakh which is what we call the Bible. It is the Old Testament.---Samuelbb7 on 6/25/15

No, it isn't for the Jewish people. There isn't a New Testament for them, so you can't call the Torah the Old Testament. It makes them (Jews) mad.

They just want us to call the Torah the Old Testament in our Bible.
But, it is still only the Torah for them.

They are still looking for the Messiah.
They reject that the old Testament applies to Jesus, because He isn't One to come to be their Messiah
---Nicole_Lacey on 6/25/15


There are some wrong definitions here.

The Torah is part of the Tanakh which is what we call the Bible. It is the Old Testament. So it does not include Scholars comments.

The Talmud is their commentary on the Tanakh. That is mainly their comments on the scripture and what it means.

Tanakh Pentateuch

Talmud Bible commentary.

On Christ the solid rock I stand.
---Samuelbb7 on 6/25/15


From: Can God Die

. . . I quote . . . the Law and the Prophets . . .

Jer 8:8-9 . . . the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
---barb on 6/22/15


Re: History of Bible - Timeline

Creation - B.C. 2000 - Originally, the earliest Scriptures are handed down from generation to generation orally.
Circa B.C. 2000-1500 - The book of Job, perhaps the oldest book of the Bible, is written.

Scribes (attorneys/students) were lying as they were writing (627 - 582 BC) the Torah (Hebrew for Law).

Torah is a paraphrase of Moses' writings (Pentateuch), which includes rabbinical commentaries. The Pentateuch is Scripture, the Torah is not.
---aservant on 6/24/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Make Money


So please elaborate what you mean by this request.
---Cluny on 6/24/15


Just wanted general input from "several sets of eyes".
---aservant on 6/24/15


Torah


\noun

1:the body of wisdom and law contained in Jewish Scripture and other sacred literature and oral tradition

2:the five books of Moses constituting the Pentateuch

3:a leather or parchment scroll of the Pentateuch used in a synagogue for liturgical purposes
---learner2 on 6/24/15


What do you mean by this question?

It's origin?

Why it's given first in the Hebrew Scriptures?

When a mocking gentile asked a rabbi to explain the Torah to him while he stood on one foot, the rabbi replied, "What is hateful do you do not do to another. The rest is commentary. Now go and learn."

So please elaborate what you mean by this request.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 6/24/15


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.