ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

What Is God's Language

What might God's primary language be?

Join Our Christian Penpals and Take The Who Is Jesus Bible Quiz
 ---Leon on 10/19/15
     Helpful Blog Vote (5)

Post a New Blog



Leon, I just want to say thank you for the hearty laugh!!! That was a great post.
--trey

so trey why is it funny for leon to make fun of his?? elders?
---wiseelder on 11/8/15


TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: God's primary language is STORYTELLING. He, who speaks into nothing & creates substance, is the Author/WORD of all life past, present & future...

I truly hope we bloggers on CN will stop all the petty (unChrist-like) bickering & learn to focus on (pay attention to: Pv. 23:23) the Word of God, as recorded for our benefit, in the Bible.
---Leon on 11/8/15


Leon, I just want to say thank you for the hearty laugh!!! That was a great post.

Lord bless you my friend.

---trey

Trey, why is it funny for leon to make fun of his elders??

doesn't the bible command him not to do so??
---ancientlover2000 on 11/8/15


Monk, nowhere does it say that Jesus had to go to school (shule) to learn something. In fact He knew so much that Elders (rabbi's) stood to listen to what He had to say. In fact He was teaching all the time.

Monk, stop to think that He was sent to earth by the Father. The Son is everlasting, for He is God.
---Luke on 11/8/15


///Leon, I just want to say thank you for the hearty laugh!!! That was a great post.

Lord bless you my friend.
---trey on 11/5/15///

At your service Trey! :) Our Lord, Jesus, often made people laugh as He made a point(s). Why shouldn't we do the same? lol
---Leon on 11/7/15




What does "With all due respect" mean?
---john1944 on 11/6/15


Trey, what you answer is very close to what I believe. You know the nature of God.
What I believe happens many times is that many fail to understand the nature and character of God. They make many statements without first thinking, and taking into consideration who God is. He doesn't learn. He is all knowing.
Many think God doesn't know who will come to Christ. It is God the Father who gives the sinner faith. And what does God the Father do? He gives them to Christ.

"Jesus therefore answered and said to them, "Do not murmur among yourselves. No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:43,44.
---Luke on 11/7/15


Trey said, "Monk, with all due respect. Christ was God, is God and always will be God. As God, Christ knew, knows, and will know all things. ...He upholds all things by the word of his power!"

Trey, I know this, but wouldn't Jesus have to go to shule anyway, so that the rabbi would not come to Joseph's house and say, "I notice your son Yeshua hasn't been to shule lately. Why is that?"

Also, it is the power of His Word, and not the word of His Power.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 11/7/15


Monk, with all due respect. Christ was God, is God and always will be God. As God, Christ knew, knows, and will know all things. He invented language. He speaks all languages. He speaks and even the winds and waves obey his voice. He speaks and it stands fast! He upholds all things by the word of his power!

I know you know this. Just wanted to remind everyone.
---trey on 11/6/15


Nicole said, "Jesus knew Aramaic, but at the supper table, they spoke Hebrew."

And you know this HOW?

Aramaic was the language of the Jews from the time of their return from Babylon. If Jesus learned Hebrew, it would probably been at Shule, at about 3 years old.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 11/6/15




Nicole_Lacey:

You said: No Sir, I have cousins who CAN NOT speak English. If you saw them walking by and if someone asked you to describe him or her, you would call them Black because they are Black, but speaking Spanish.

I understand that, but you still miss my point. Regardless of whether your cousins' ancestors were originally from Africa or from the Americas, their original language was NOT Spanish, but a different, native language. Spanish was IMPOSED on their ancestors by conquering Spaniards. Over the generations, their original languages were lost, and they now speak Spanish, which has BECOME their native language, but it was NOT the native language of their ancestors, nor anyone else in central nor south America.
---StrongAxe on 11/5/15


Leon, I just want to say thank you for the hearty laugh!!! That was a great post.

Lord bless you my friend.
---trey on 11/5/15


You assumed...---StrongAxe on 11/5/15

No Sir, I have cousins who CAN NOT speak English. If you saw them walking by and if someone asked you to describe him or her, you would call them Black because they are Black, but speaking Spanish.

We live in an Age when no one can assume what language someone SHOULD be speaking just because they look a certain way.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/5/15


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Are you saying American Blacks whose native language is Spanish should only speak English?

I never said anything of the kind. I was merely pointing out that immigrants (especially slaves) statistically tend to adopt the language of their new countries. Black Americans don't speak African languages because African slaves were forbidden to do so by their owners, so the languages were forgotten.

Also, black Puerto Ricans's native language was not Spanish any more than other black Americans's native language was English.

You assumed...

I spoke of the majority. The 125 word limit here requires messages to be severely chopped before posting.
---StrongAxe on 11/5/15


///How does one's undergarments tie into the subject at hand??? Well, I guess it Depends on how you look at it???---trey on 11/4/15///

Trey: You're absolutely right! It's a long "STORY" & apparently at least one old soggy bottom on these CN blogs is still "ticked off" at me, euphemistically speaking (I'm watching my "LANGUAGE").

By the way, I beat you to the "Depends" punchline on another blog. Judging by the new folks on this blog who've jumped on the bandwagon, it seems there's growing support for Depends wearers here & elsewhere. :D
---Leon on 11/4/15


How does one's undergarments tie into the subject at hand??? Well, I guess it Depends on how you look at it???
---trey on 11/4/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Dedicated Hosting


///That was too much information Monk. We really didn't need to know you wear Depends even though that does explain a lot.

---Leon


I wear fitted depends briefs all day, at work, in public
---wise_elder on 11/4/15///

Aaaaa, thanks for sharing w_e. I wear progressive bifocals all day...What, not close to being the same thing? I see. Ooooh kay! :/
---Leon on 11/4/15


That was too much information Monk. We really didn't need to know you wear Depends even though that does explain a lot.

---Leon


I wear fitted depends briefs all day, at work, in public
---wise_elder on 11/4/15


That was too much information Monk. We really didn't need to know you wear Depends even though that does explain a lot.

---Leon

There is an ad in the new York times showing professional individuals wearing depends.
---aiming on 11/4/15


That was too much information Monk. We really didn't need to know you wear Depends even though that does explain a lot.

---Leon


Football players
Wes Welker, Clay Matthews and DeMarcus Ware tried on Depends Real Fit for charity while playing football.
---proud_of_age on 11/4/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Marketing


Sorry StongAxe, but can I ask you a question?

Are you saying American Blacks whose native language is Spanish should only speak English?
But American Asians can speak their native language?

I am NOT talking about Blacks who forgotten their real language. I am speaking about Blacks who learned Spanish, or Italian first as their native language for centuries, but moved to America and learned English.

You don't seem to understand that I am saying just because a person is Black and in America it doesn't mean their dinner table is spoken in English.

America blacks spoke English.---StrongAxe on 10/24/15

You assumed this because you didn't know SOME America Blacks only speak Spanish, Puerto Rico is part of America.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/3/15


For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord , to serve him with one consent.

Zephaniah 3:9 KJV
---john1944 on 11/3/15


Well Nicole, if you are a RN you are to be commended.

When I started Kindergarten I was dyslexic, (reading and spelling backwards), had a speech impediment, and I am left handed (back in those days was considered by some to be Demon Possessed).

These things. Were a challenge but I dealt with them, I got an education, and did better than most in school.

I believe I would have done even better if I didn't have those odds against me!
---Rob on 11/4/15


Rob, no offensive. I am a RN. I was taught who to read and write in English by memorization. Wrong method.
Your problem is if you don't know about it you believe it doesn't exist

Ruthanna, please get your fact first before jumping into the fire.

Selfish is a not name calling. It is a state of being. Rob, made another comment about me on from different blog you didn't see.

Redirect your speech to Leon and yourself.
You wanted to FUSS so badly you jumped without looking.

Cluny asked me a question, and I answered him.

Rob started the attack as if he was in Kindergarten with me.
Talking about career as an ADULT

Note, Cluny ISN'T even in this nasty attack by you, Leon and Rob!
Matthew 7:4
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/3/15


Send a Free Evolution Tract


Very true. I agree, Leon (my agreeing doesn't mean it's true but you know what I mean). :)

Also, I probably shouldn't get involved but just thought I'd mention ... Do you think we should call people names, Nicole? How can any of us really know each other from just a blog? There's often a lot more behind people's statements. Their experiences in life lead them to how they view things and each statement can't always be backed by everything that has led them to make each stayement that they do. Maybe we should give each other the benefit of the doubt as much as possible? (Now I'd better listen to my own advise!) :) Thanks for all your input! It's very enlightening to see how others view things.
---Ruthanna on 11/2/15


Nicole, not meaning to be offensive, I sometimes wonder what is your level of education. I ask this from some of the things you have written.

My Parents were determined their Children would receive an education. My older siblings didn't take advantage of this.

I was in the Army Medical Corps, and my younger sister is a Nuclear Scientist.
---Rob on 11/3/15


///Nicole, do you realize you just contradicted yourself.

On 10/30/15, you wrote your family was forced not to speak your native language at home in the late 70's.

Now, you say your family was forced to speak their native language at home.

You seem to forget in the 70's and 80's I was on Active Duty in the Army, and living in on Post Housing.
---Rob on 11/2/15///

Rob: The thing about the "language of lying" is one must keep good records of what they've said. Otherwise, their lie(s) will. sooner if not later, come full circle & snake bite them...every time.
---Leon on 11/2/15


Rob, you know I wrote in error.
Cluny asked a question and I answered.

I am sorry if you can't believe the Army can make mistakes.

Remember the Tuskegee Airmen?

You are trying to compare yourself being in the service as an Adult speaking perfect English VS me being a kid as a Military brat speaking very little English

AGAIN you were not 5 years old going to school on post speaking little English.

Find a kid not speaking English in the late 70's as a Military brat.

Compare me to her or him.

NOT YOU.
Understand?
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/2/15


Read These Insightful Articles About VoIP Service


Nicole, do you realize you just contradicted yourself.

On 10/30/15, you wrote your family was forced not to speak your native language at home in the late 70's.

Now, you say your family was forced to speak their native language at home.

You seem to forget in the 70's and 80's I was on Active Duty in the Army, and living in on Post Housing.
---Rob on 11/2/15


Also, you have some nerve in calling me SELFISH!---Rob on 11/2/15

That was in the other blog talking about not CARING about the Government forcing the RCC to go against our beliefs. Yes, that makes you selfish.

Again, you refuse to answer my question.

Were you 5 years old speaking little to none English going to Kindergarten on a Military post??????

IF you were not, please stop arguing with me. You speak on what you do not know.

My parents were FORCE to speak Spanish at home in the late 1970's by the Military which is the GOVERNMENT,
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/2/15


Nicole, my Father was an Army Veteran. I served in the Army from 1975-1983, and we lived in on Post Housing.

In my Units, we had those who spoke English, along with other Languages. I have never experienced or saw anyone who was prohibited from speaking their native language at home.

While in the Army, I went to 4 different countries, and learned their language the best I could.

In fact, when my Unit was sent to Germany, we were required to take 'crash classes' in learning the German Language.

Also, you have some nerve in calling me SELFISH! For years, I have helped those less fortunate and in need with money from my own pocket. How much have you helped anyone?
---Rob on 11/2/15


Agree Gods language is love.
God sent His Word.
Word, Jesus, manifesting His love.
Jesus: my words are spirit, life. Jn 6:63
The spirit gives life
Jesus gives command: Love. Jn 13:34. Might think this is something we do, and is but more than that. Not simply works of loving, but when the Lord speaks, it is. God brings to pass, being the originator of love towards others, and being love, He is effective in all He does and never fails. Love never fails.
His words language, unlike mans. Always true, effective, love, with purpose
Also of note: God breathed into mans nostrils breath of life, and he became a living soul. Breath, spirit
1st Adam living soul,
2nd Adam life giving spirit.
gen 2:7,1Cor 15:45,
---chria9396 on 11/2/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Settlements


Hi Ruthanna:): Isn't it incredibly amazing how babies learn to speak by just listening to us speak? I've wondered, with all the other distractions (noises) they hear, why is it that babies pick the human voice to imitate? The answer, I believe, is because that's the way God wired us human beings, i.e., to be "likeness-minded". I believe that's the way Adam & Eve (made in God's likeness) learned to speak, by hearing the VOICE OF GOD.

Yes, the Bible speak plainly & clearly "God's stories" to all who have an ear to hear what the Lord is saying to us.

At your service sis & I'm glad you're benefiting from this blog. God bless!!!
---Leon on 11/1/15


Rob, did you go to Kindergarten AS A Military Brat speaking very little English in the 70's?

If yes, your parents would have had a meeting from your father's Commander.

If a child did something wrong they didn't call the parents first.
They called the Commander of the parents first.

If you are telling the truth you would have known that?

BTW, working for and being in the Military are TWO DIFFERENCE THINGS.

One you work for, the other you BELONG TO THEM.
FAMILY AND ALL!

You were property OF the Army. As my father reminded us daily if we MESSED up.

Can a Military Person with a family living on Posts before 1985, please speak up?

Rob is suggesting I am NOT recalling my youth correctly.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/1/15


Hi, Leon. Thanks for more food for thought! :) Well, my personal belief is that God does speak. In Genesis it is said of all of creation that "God said, let there be... And it was so." And of Adam and Eve that they heard the voice of God and that God called unto them and they communicated by saying things to each other. (Gen. 3:8-12) Why God chose language for us to communicate by I don't know but my guess is that He had a pretty good reason. It seems to me that humans talked from the beginning of time so I guess it was just instinct that God placed within us. Or taught us how Himself since He was the first one that mankind communicated with. I'm just glad He chooses to communicate with us and however He chooses to do it is awesome!
---Ruthanna on 10/31/15


Nicole_Lacey:

You said: There are American Blacks speaking Spanish at home. ...

Listen to what you are saying. Blacks speaking Spanish. Blacks originated from Africa (where they spoke African languages), or the Carribean (where they spoke other native languages). Native central and south Americans also spoke other languages than Spanish.

Spanish was NOT their native language, but rather one forced upon them by conquerors. How many Mexicans do you know who still speak Aztec? That part of their culture has been lost to them over time. Even Navajo - the last code talker died just recently.
---StrongAxe on 11/1/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Services


Nicole, I worked for Government Agencies, for over 40 years, beginning in 1973, including 8 years in the Military. I don't recall any ever telling people to stop speaking their native language at home.

I'm of mixed ethnicity, Black/Italian. My Parents never discouraged us from other languages. In fact, during my school years, learning a foreign language was required.

Even though I'm fluent I began learning 4 different languages.
---Rob on 11/1/15


I wrote: America blacks spoke English.---StrongAxe

Didn't Cluny's question make you think?

I call myself a Black Hispanic because my father is a Black man from Puerto Rico

Only Hispanics has this confusion.

If a 3rd Generation of Chinese family spoke Chinese at home only, are they not American Asian still?
Yes.

Obama denying his white race forced the Government to stop forcing Hispanic denying their race.

There are American Blacks speaking Spanish at home.

Puerto Rican, Cubans, and other Latin Countries who are 100% BLACK but only speak Spanish.

The Slave boat went everywhere.

That's why Cluny asked me the question.

Unlike Obama, I claim all my history.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/31/15


Nicole_Lacey:

I wrote: America blacks spoke English.

You wrote: That isn't fair. Slaves from all over Africa spoke different language.

My point was not about their original languages, but about the languages they adopted (whether by convenience, or by force) in their new countries. Immigrants to new countries (for whatever reason), after a while, tend to adopt the languages of the countries they now live in.

But, today many free people teach their children their native language FIRST.

That may be true for the first few generations, but the knowledge gets lost over time. How many black families do you personally know who still speak any African languages?
---StrongAxe on 10/31/15


Cluny, Spanish until I was 5 years old because my parents who met in the Military knew we would learn English but afraid not Spanish.

But the Military (late 70's) were upset when I started kindergarten that my English was poor. So they FORCED my parents to stop speaking Spanish at home.

Which resulted that I forgotten my Spanish because I was yelled out every time I said a Spanish word.

And now speaking English with a Spanish accent since my Daddy felt he had to teach us himself. (Since he was the one still in the Military getting the heat)

He method: "Repeat after me" So, I did.
Accent and all.

Thank God, the Government stopped forcing families from speaking their native languages at home.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/30/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Stores


///Wow. Lots of comments for thought...I like food for thought! :)
My two cents worth ... :)
I personally believe that God is beyond our finite understanding and Language is only a confinement and a barrier that began at the Tower of Babel and is only applied to human kind and doesn't affect God at all. There are tongues of men and tongues of angels. My guess is that God know them all and probably some besides. :)
---Ruthanna on 10/29/15///

Glad you like Ruthanna. Here's some additional food for thought: How/why did man start verbalizing language if God saw fit not to provide him a model? Again, how did God communicate with Adam & Eve? Why would God give men & angels the ability to talk, but He doesn't?
---Leon on 10/29/15


\\Trust me it ISN'T ENGLISH!
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/29/15\\

Nicole, you've described yourself here as a black Hispanic.

What language did you speak at home growing up?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/29/15


Wow. Lots of comments for thought. Thank you everybody. I like food for thought! :)
My two cents worth ... :)
I personally believe that God is beyond our finite understanding and Language is only a confinement and a barrier that began at the Tower of Babel and is only applied to human kind and doesn't affect God at all. There are tongues of men and tongues of angels. My guess is that God know them all and probably some besides. :)
---Ruthanna on 10/29/15


America blacks spoke English.---StrongAxe

That isn't fair. Slaves from all over Africa spoke different language.

Slave Owners didn't ask the blacks which Country you are from so we can keep you all together to keep up your culture and pass down your language to your children.
NO COURSE NOT.

They spoke English because their master spoke English.

My daddy is a Black man who spoke Spanish because (Guess what?) Spain controlled Puerto Rico, so the Slaves spoke Spanish.

But, today many free people teach their children their native language FIRST.

Go to an American Indian (India) or Chinese family and asked them what language is spoken at HOME?

Trust me it ISN'T ENGLISH!
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/29/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Business Training


///..."...and God said..." does not mean he spoke to them in an earthly way. [?] God speaks "love speak" which doesn't need to be verbal. [:)?] Just because the bible says "spoke" it could be in a number of ways: [audible, inaudible], spiritual, th[r]ough a vision, in thunder*...God speaks the language of love in which everyone who is spiritual can understand, but it sounds like groaning to an nonchristian. [?]...by the way, you don't need to enlarge [the] text, my eyes are still good.---Steveng on 10/27/15///

Steveng: You're saying Adam & Eve spoke to God "inaudibly"?

Incredible fantasy! :)


*There was no rain in Adam's lifetime.
---Leon on 10/28/15


Leon, "...and God said..." does not mean he spoke to them in an earthly way. God speaks "love speak" which doesn't need to be verbal. Just because the bible says "spoke" it could be in a number of ways: audio, inaudio, spiritual, though a vision, in thunder, (all ways are mentioned in the bible). God speaks the language of love in which everyone who is spiritual can understand, but it sounds like groaning to an nonchristian. God even uses angels to speak to men and women.

Oh, and by the way, you don't need to enlarge you text, my eyes are still good.
---Steveng on 10/27/15


///God, I speculate, would speak in a spiritual language ...On earth God speaks to people many ways not always in an audible voice...God uses many methods to speak to [us]...He...needs no verbal language to speak...on earth or in heaven. God Bless.---Darlene_1 on 10/27/15///

Darlene: God is a Spirit. So, I agree, His language must be spiritual. Afterall, physical words (though enabled by the voice box) don't come out of our mouthes, do they? They're spirit substance coming from our hearts/spirits.

True, God speaks to us audibly & inaudibly. I think He spoke to Adam & Eve audibly to teach them language so they could verbally communicate with each other. Otherwise, we'd all be non-verbal telepaths.
---Leon on 10/27/15


God,I speculate,would speak in a Spiritual language and since the Angels have a language 1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of Angels---. God's may well be the same. On earth God speaks to people many ways not always in an audible voice.When I was very young God spoke to me in dreams,for some people it's just a special knowing and feeling,my Mom is like that. With me sometimes it's a feeling something is wrong,then I go to prayer and pray until the feeling lifts,later I will learn from someone else what was wrong. God uses many methods to speak to mankind but He really needs no verbal language to speak to us on earth or in heaven. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/27/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Software


///Leon wrote: "Steveng: God initially spoke to Adam & he likewise spoke to God. ???!"

And you were actually and physically there to listen in on HOW they spoke?
---Steveng on 10/26/15///

Genesis 1:27-30 ~ Genesis 2:15-23 ~ Genesis 3

---Leon on 10/26/15


love

deeper-than-words communication

The Holy Spirit "makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (in Romans 8:26)
---Bill on 10/26/15


Leon wrote: "Steveng: God initially spoke to Adam & he likewise spoke to God. ???!"

And you were actually and physically there to listen in on HOW they spoke?
---Steveng on 10/26/15


///I just simply asked you a question sir. Not sure Why that is being made an issue, but thanks anyway.
---john9346 on 10/26/15///

John: The issue is when you change the word "language" to "function", that completely changes the overall nature of the question to read "What might God's primary function be?" That's not my question, but is yours. So, I simply suggested you post it as such on a separate blog. And the same applies to "your question" regarding Black Hebrews.

I hope you now understand & you're welcome!
---Leon on 10/26/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Advertising


Leon,

I just simply asked you a question sir.

Not sure Why that is being made an issue, but thanks any way.
---john9346 on 10/26/15


John: I don't see how what you're trying to communicate remotely relates to this blog. Suggest you create a blog question concerning Black Hebrews.
---Leon on 10/25/15


Leon,

Actually, the more I think about your question I don't think language is the proper question to be raised, its more of a function not a language.

The reason is language is ambiguity function or functions are not.

So, just wondering your opinion on the Black Hebrew Israelites??
---john9346 on 10/25/15


Steveng: God initially spoke to Adam & he likewise spoke to God. ???!
---Leon on 10/25/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Eating Disorders


God's "language" is not earthly. It is not a worldly language, but he understands all worldly languages. It is a language that man cannot understand using worldly knowledge. Prayer is man's link to God no matter what language you speak whether you're happy, sad or angry whether you're kneeling, sitting or standing. It come from the heart, from the spirit. Prayer is simply talking with God like you talk with a close friend. He is always listening wanting to answer all your requests.

1 Corinthians 14:15
Ephesians 6:18
Philippians 4:6
1 Timothy 2:8
Jude 1:20
Romans 8:26
Luke 11:2
Matthew 6:6-9
Matthew 21:22
---Steveng on 10/25/15


Nicole_Lacey:

You said: [Do you really think Mary and Joseph didn't FIRST teach Jesus Hebrew before Aramaic?
Jesus knew Aramaic, but at the supper table, they spoke Hebrew.

And I wasn't even there, But, that's common sense for me.]


People in exile take up local languages. America blacks spoke English. European Jews spoke Yiddish. Jews during and after Babylonian captivity spoke Aramaic, and Hebrew was reserved for priests and scribes.

all High Masses in the Vatican are said in Latin.

Not after Vatican II. Peter never declared a "holy language". God used whatever language was most widely known (Hebrew in the OT, Greek in the NT, Latin later). Now, none of those is widespread.
---StrongAxe on 10/24/15


After the Babylonian exile, the Jews who returned to Palestine spoke Aramaic, not Hebrew. Hebrew was still used ceremonially in synagogues,

[Do you really think Mary and Joseph didn't FIRST teach Jesus Hebrew before Aramaic?
Jesus knew Aramaic, but at the supper table, they spoke Hebrew.

And I wasn't even there, But, that's common sense for me.]

What makes you think that God's language is now Latin? ---StrongAxe on 10/23/15

Because all High Masses in the Vatican are said in Latin.
You keep forgetting the keys held by Peter.

Jesus said "whatsoever' which means anything, including language.

But, I was teasing earlier because I don't know how or what is spoken in heaven.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/23/15


Nicole_Lacey:

You said: When God walked on earth his primary language had to have been Hebrew.

Now it is Latin :D


After the Babylonian exile, the Jews who returned to Palestine spoke Aramaic, not Hebrew. Hebrew was still used ceremonially in synagogues, as Latin was used in churches for centuries after the fall of Rome, so Jesus would have been raised speaking Aramaic.

What makes you think that God's language is now Latin? If it never changes, it would have been Hebrew (or probably something entirely different even before that). If it changes with the times, it might be English or Spanish, as most foreign missionary work has been done in those languages.
---StrongAxe on 10/23/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Travel Packages


///...I would say God's Language is creative. Maybe a proper wording would be what gets God's Attention...---john9346 on 10/23/15

Some might say...Sanskrit.
---santimoy.kumar on 10/22/15///

s.k. Certainly, His language is rooted deep within & is the cause (basis) for all known Earth languages, including Sanskrit.

John: Yes, God is the Creator. :) Please look at (examine) & carefully "listen to" the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. There's one commonly shared pattern (model) throughout (regardless of what Earth language it's written in) that's hidden in plain sight.

"What get's your attention GETS YOU." But, many aren't paying attention!

"Romans 10:17"
---Leon on 10/23/15


When God walked on earth his primary language had to have been Hebrew.

Now it is Latin :D
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/23/15


O ok Leon,

Then in this case I would say God's Language is creative.

Maybe a proper wording would be what gets God's Attention.

Do you have an account on this website?
---john9346 on 10/23/15


Some might say God's language is Sanskrit.
---santimoy.kumar on 10/22/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Repair


strongAxe said, "
The Bible was written long after the languages were confounded at Babel.

And you know this how??
---john9346 on 10/22/15


///Hi Leon...From a literal point of view it would be Hebrew.

The bible teaches God is not ilrespect of any language, however, all accounts agree that Hebrew is that language from which Holy Scripture preceeded from...Again interesting question.
---john9346 on 10/22/15///

Hi John: Ages before the Hebrew language existed, the Bible shows God spoke, first into creation. He then spoke to Adam. The Bible says the Adams not only understood but spoke the same language back to God. That's what I'm interested in John. :)
---Leon on 10/22/15


john9346:

The Bible was written long after the languages were confounded at Babel. Abram was just a pagan that God happened to choose to lead the Chosen People. Why would the language he spoke be any more likely to be the original language of creation than any of the hundreds of other languages on the earth?

While (most of) the Old Testament was written in Hebrew, remember that this was the common language of Israel after the exile in Egypt (and some parts of it are in Aramaic, the common language after the exile in Babylon). The New Testament is in Greek, the common language in the Roman Empire 2000 years ago. The Bible was written for man, in whatever language man happened to be speaking at the time.
---StrongAxe on 10/22/15


Hi Leon,

I like this question.

From a litteral point of view it would be Hebrew.

The bible teaches God is not ilrespect of any language,however, all accounts agree that Hebrew is that language from which Holy Scripture preceeded from..

Again interesting question.
---john9346 on 10/22/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Products


///"What might God's primary language be? The universal language of love:o)---josef on 10/19/15///

You're headed in the right direction Joe. :o)
---Leon on 10/20/15


"What might God's primary language be? The universal language of love:o)
---josef on 10/19/15


Leon, I wasn't saying that. I like you and Cluny and everyone here.
---santimoy.kumar on 10/19/15


Cluny:

You said: This question assumes that God exists in time, which is a wrong assumption.

Whether or not God exists in time, he certainly operates in time. In Genesis, when God said "Let there be light", one presumes that he was saying it in some language.
---StrongAxe on 10/19/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Divorce


///Yes, Cluny, when you know this intuitively you will know everything.---santimoy.kumar on 10/19/15///

s.k. Anyone on the CN blogs can intuitively (automatically) assume Cluny will have something to say about most everything he knows nothing about. It seems to be the "story" of his life & is the mark of a know it all who doesn't know at all.
---Leon on 10/19/15


Yes, Cluny, when you know this intuitively you will know everything.
---santimoy.kumar on 10/19/15


This question assumes that God exists in time, which is a wrong assumption.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/19/15


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.