ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Perceived Wrongs Of Protestants

What are the perceived wrongs of Protestant churches?

Join Our Christian Dating and Visit Our Apostles Creed
 ---Mark_Eaton on 10/23/15
     Helpful Blog Vote (3)

Post a New Blog



Nicole_Lacey wrote: "Since Jesus didn't give the Apostles the powers to read minds."

No, the power to read minds came from God/the Holy Spirit. All the miracles Jesus performed came from God. Jesus himself said so.

Nicole_Lacey wrote: "How can they forgive or not sins if people didn't first tell them their sins?"

Sinning was told from the beginning. Adam and Eve sinned. God told them. When the hearts of man grew cold, it was Moses who brought the commandments to the conscious mind. There are people who do "good" without knowing God or Jesus.
---Steveng on 10/31/15


Markeaton the men were local Jewish leaders who trying to caste aspersions on the disciples. Which is why Peter answered them as he did.

Good point Trav about they should remember the translation which few seem to have that gift. I have heard stores of men hearing tongues speakers blaspheming GOD when they heard people speaking in their language. We need to depend on the Bible not unverified stories.
Nicole
Protestants love all the verses in the Bible if they are true protestants. In the Lord's prayer we can confess directly to GOD. But public sins need to be confessed in public.

Michaele. Gentiles are adopted into the new Covenant with Israel. Ephesians 2. Hebrews 8.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 10/31/15


Hi Nicole.
Jesus forgave sin without/prior to, people confessing. If Apostles have same spirit, theyd do likewise, in heart/mind/attitude. Forgiveness given, offered may be received or not. Its in their heart to do so.
Jesus:"Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." LK 23:34
Stephen:"And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge"acts7:60
When willing to forgive those whove wronged us, its about heart attitude, does not require action on anothers part, but is a work of God. So in one sense, the other is already forgiven, aware or not, but until the other is aware of fault and acknowledges, confesses, the forgiveness is not received in that ones mind.
---Chria9396 on 10/31/15


Trav with due respect but,do you remember everything that happened in church over 60 years ago when you were a teenager or everything that was talked about in church or who was there? I sure don't. When God does give anything in church it is for that time and place,not over 60 years later. Trav God will give a current message for the time and place now for unbelievers not something thats history. I don't have to have an interpretation now because it's done,over,finished over 60 years ago. It sounds like you're calling me a liar which I'm not. I didn't write it to edify anyone everything you write doesn't always edify either,the majority on here doesn't. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/31/15


\\Cluny I do not believe the Lords Supper becomes actual flesh and blood.\\

That's because you don't believe the Bible, Darlene.

Another example of your not believing the Bible: St. Peter says to be ready to give to ANYONE the reason for the hope that lies in you. I asked you for Biblical proof that modern glossolalia is the same as the Holy Spirit gift of tongues. You do not, but tell me to do my own research.

Since we do not have a common universe of discourse, you're dead to me until you repent and believe the Bible.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/31/15




//How can they forgive or not sins if people didn't first tell them their sins?//
They can't, belief in the finished work of the Cross is what saves today.
In the Old Testament which the four so called gospels are part of, Jesus explained the Cross work (Luke 18:31-34)
The 12 understood none of it.

Which one of the 12 apostles do you confess to?
---michael_e on 10/30/15


Trav It is impossible to know all you speak of unless one keeps a Logbook ...
---Darlene_1 on 10/30/15

I'm not picking on you. But, you are not edifying anyone by telling stories about supposed foreign men hearing their own language. Then you say it happens many times.
If what is being interpreted is important enough for the spirit to give the speaker the ability to speak in another tongue...it would be important enough to remember.
It is supposed to be for those who believe not. They still don't because you don't have interpretation. Or a factual story.
1Co_14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: ...
---Trav on 10/30/15


Historic Protestants taught the priesthood of all believers on Peters quote of the Mosaic covenant in 1 Peter 2:9.---michael_e

That is your problem. You just can't see yourself confessing to another man.

Sorry, but since when did Historic Protestants OVERRIDE Jesus' Command?

Stop TWISING the Apostle's words to DISOBEY Jesus' WORDS.

JOHN 20:23
Isn't going anywhere. The 2nd hated verse by Protestants.

Jesus DIDN'T breathe the Holy Spirit on Mary Magadala who SAW Jesus FIRST. Why? Because she wasn't an Apostle appointed by Jesus.

So please answer this question. Since Jesus didn't give the Apostles the powers to read minds.
How can they forgive or not sins if people didn't first tell them their sins?
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/30/15


Cluny I do not believe the Lords Supper becomes actual flesh and blood. My Bible,King James,says take the bread,it's Christs flesh,and the wine is the blood of the Covenant spilled for us,we are to take it to remember Christ. I do believe that. Besides the Bible says don't eat blood. Now to the four men, where they were from,and the language and the question about someone aphasia are both foolish questions. The men happened over 60 years ago,the brain damaged person could speak in tongues only if God gave a miracle.God is the same yesterday,today,and forever and He gave The Gift of the Holy Ghost with the outpouring of tongues in Acts 2 and again in Acts 19:6,the way God gave Him then is the same way He still does. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/30/15


Non-Catholic churches spurn the Roman Catholic Sacrament of Confession to priests, but then strongly advocate the covenant requirement of confession of sins for forgiveness.
Historic Protestants taught the priesthood of all believers on Peters quote of the Mosaic covenant in 1 Peter 2:9. If so who needs a priest in a confessional, when it is taught that every believer is a priest confessing directly to God?
Peter (Gal 2:9) was talking to the remnant of ISRAEL in 1 Pet 2:9, not the Gentiles, Gentiles are never called priests.
Peter specifically addressed Jews and Israel at Pentecost. Peter excluded Gentiles knowing the kingdom was promised to Israel (Acts 2:39, Acts 3:25-26). To those who think they are Israel read (Rom 11:32
---michael_e on 10/30/15




Trav your answer is in Cluny's about the men. It is impossible to know all you speak of unless one keeps a Logbook and people don't do that when God is moving in their midst. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/30/15


\\I will tell you about four men from another country visited a Pentecostal church and someone spoke in tongues during service,the men told the people they understood what the tongues said because it was their language the person spoke. \\

What was this other country and what language did they hear?

And I'm still waiting for BIBLICAL proof that glossolalia is the same as the Biblical gift of tongues.

BTW, what would happen with someone with aphasia? How could he speak in tongues?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/30/15


The Apostles spoke to the people in their languages. That is speaking of tongues.
---Samuelbb7 on 10/29/15
---Cluny on 10/29/15
---StrongAxe on 10/29/15

May I point out something to you gentlemen.

In Acts 2, where some hear their own language, others declare "they are full of new wine". Peter even says that those speaking with tongues "these are not drunk, as you suppose".

If you were hearing someone speaking in your language, why would you suppose them to be drunk? You would not unless they were speaking in a language unknown to everyone.

Paul does not tell the Corinthian church the unknown tongue is wrong, but that the unknown tongue requires interpretation to edify the church.
---Mark_Eaton on 10/30/15


I will tell you about four men from another country visited a Pentecostal church and someone spoke in tongues during service,the men told the people they understood what the tongues said because it was their language the person spoke. There have been more than one occurrence similar to that. br>---Darlene_1 on 10/29/15

But you tell no one nothing factual above.
You do not list the Church, the time, the country these foreign men come from or most importantly what was interpreted.
Then to support this defense with no proof you say there are many other occurrences. Where? When, who, what was interpreted.
Joh_3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
---Trav on 10/30/15


Darlene_1:

You said: Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost with tongues.

and We should always depend on the Bible and it shows people received the Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost with tongues after the Day of Pentecost too.

While true at Pentecost, it was not always true. The Bible doesn't always link the two together.

Paul asked rhetorically in 1 Corinthians 12:30
"Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?"

Unfortunately, today's Pentecostal theology that INSISTS that all speak in tongues, or they aren't really saved, induces many to try so hard to speak in tongues that they do so by psychological, rather than spiritual means.
---StrongAxe on 10/29/15


Cluny I'm very sorry you don't see what the Bible says or realize that it is the same today as in the Bible with the Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost with tongues. All your research in books means nothing for you cannot prove or disprove Spiritual things with the temporal works of man. I haven't told you any personal experiences because I know you would just dismiss them as hear say. I will tell you about four men from another country visited a Pentecostal church and someone spoke in tongues during service,the men told the people they understood what the tongues said because it was their language the person spoke. There have been more than one occurrence similar to that. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/29/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


\\You saying I go against the Word doesn't make it true because you exclude that part of the Word the way God gave it therefore you are not equipped to judge anyone about it. \\

Darlene, do you accept that part of the Word where it says that the bread and wine of Communion become the Body and Blood of Christ?

If you don't, then you are not accepting the Word as God gave it and are not equipped to judge anyone about it, by your own standards.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/29/15


Nicole, what I have asked Darlene to do is to prove from the Bible that modern glossolalia is the same thing as the Biblical gift of tongues.

She has not done so. Either she refuses to do so, or cannot do so. Only God knows which is the reason.

The only proof she offers boils down to, "It is, and I know I'm right." This is no answer.

Darlene, I did research 4 decades before I met you into Pentecostal claims, and found them wanting, both scripturally and historically.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/29/15


Cluny no I don't go against the Word of God because I love God with my whole being and as I've said before I want to please my Lord. You saying I go against the Word doesn't make it true because you exclude that part of the Word the way God gave it therefore you are not equipped to judge anyone about it. Obedience is better than sacrifice and I only obey God's leading if that doesn't line up with what you believe I'm sorry and not to be rude but it's between God and me. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/29/15


Darlene the number of languages/tongues has nothing to do with this question.

The Apostles spoke to the people in their languages. That is speaking of tongues.

People who claim to speak in tongues today don't speak any known language. The sounds they make do not confirm to language rules. So they are not truly speaking in tongues. Yes they are making ecstatic utterances.

That does not prove anything. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is showed by our lives.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Galatians 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Those who don't do this are not filled with the Holy Spirit.
---Samuelbb7 on 10/29/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


SamuelIbb7 there are about five thousand living languages in the world that are still being used,there are many dead languages that are no longer used therefore if a person doesn't speak every one of those languages they can't say tongues isn't a language. I'm sorry but you are mistaken,I never decided that tongues wasn't a language,and I never said that at all because I know it is languages because the Bible says they spoke in languages and no where in the Bible does it say God stopped that from being true. We should always depend on the Bible and it shows people received the Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost with tongues after the Day of Pentecost too. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/29/15


Everyone here knows I am a Proud Catholic.
But, I know exactly how Darlene feels.

Cluny, I am surprise of your behavior.
How you ask anyone to prove their relationship with God?

That is what 'worship' means: relationship.

You and I have a old formal way of worshipping Jesus which is documented in the Bible, Tradition and History.

Darlene feels the same way.

Her form of worship is not as crisp and clear in the Bible as our worship to US.

But trust me, Darlene doesn't SEE our form of worship in the Bible, Tradition, nor History either.

Let it go. You might be wrong.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/29/15


\\ God never told you I am wrong.\\

Yes, He did.

\\ How I know for sure is because God would not go against His own Word the Bible\\

But you do.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/29/15


Darlene,
Why do you say you go by what the bible says, then insist that tongues is THE evidence?

why do you say the Holy Ghost comes WITH tongues?

Why, when scripture nowhere says the same?
---James_L on 10/28/15


Send a Free Musical Ecards Ecard


Cluny go back and pray again without prejudice God never told you I am wrong. How I know for sure is because God would not go against His own Word the Bible in the 2nd Chapter of Acts began God's infilling of the Holy Ghost to empower God's people to serve Him and no where in the Bible does God take it away including tongues. They must have been important enough to God to make them one of the Gifts of the Spirit to be used to serve the Body with interpretation but before that Gift is given God gives The Gift of the Holy Ghost with tongues. I'm sorry for you Cluny trying to erase what God has done but you won't ever be able to do that and you can't do it by demeaning the people who have received from God His wonderful Gift. God Bless
---Darlene1 on 10/28/15


\\ I know what God does and why if you don't so sorry but I suggest you get on your knees and ask Him.\\

I did, and He told me that you are wrong.

Why don't you ask God for discernment and discretion--something many Pentecostals lack?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/28/15


Darlene

To seek that a gift of unknown languages or angel languages you have to already decided that the word tongues does not mean languages.

But the normal meaning of tongues is languages.

In fact the People of Pentecost heard the people speak in their languages. So the only so called proof is people who say it is a language but cannot show it is anything but sounds.

We should depend on the Bible for proof not feelings. There have been a number of Pentecostal leaders who depend on feelings to steal from people.

--michael_e on 10/27/15 you are correct and it is a sad state of affairs.
---Samuelbb7 on 10/28/15


Steveng:

You wrote: According to pastors of denominational "churches" the longer you stay a member, the more mature that person.

Can you cite any pastors that teach this as doctrine? While often statistically true (older people tend to be more mature), this cannot be applied to individuals (e.g. I've met some 20 year olds more mature than some 60 year olds. Look at political campaigns!)

While you may be able to claim trends (e.g. "most denominations teach erroneous doctrines", or "most members of a denomination believe wrong things"), you CANNOT say this is true of ALL, without actually proving this is true for every single one. Generalizations can't be used with "all".
---StrongAxe on 10/27/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Auto Insurance


Cluny no in other words you're a grown man do your own research instead of wanting everyone else to do it for you. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. If you want to be a Doubting Thomas go right ahead but don't try to demean other people because you don't want to believe. I know what God does and why if you don't so sorry but I suggest you get on your knees and ask Him. You are an intelligent man and very educated if you really wanted the truth you would have found it a long time ago. Happy hunting. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/27/15


In other words, Darlene, you have no way of answering my question.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/27/15


StrongAxe wrote: "Older, not more mature."

According to pastors of denominational "churches" the longer you stay a member, the more mature that person.

All denominational "churches" teach according to the churches longstanding doctrines - their rituals, traditions, ways of living and interpretations of the bible. All throughout history the teachings of what Christ and the apostles taught have been watered down. Satan has had over two thousand years to infiltrate and divide christiandon up into over 60,000 different denomination. A newly born christians would ask: "What denominational church is the true church?"
---Steveng on 10/27/15


Cluny no it's not babbling. It's not up to me to give you any kind of proof,if you don't accept Acts 2:28(I think) when it tells that tongues are languages then I suggest for you to do the research for yourself. With all respect but the best way I know is to tear down the wall you've built against tongues and seek the Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of tongues. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/27/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Holidays


\\but I urge you for your own good be careful how you speak of tongues\\

Darlene, I asked you for BIBLICAL PROOF that random babbling is the same as the Biblical gift of tongues.

You have not answered this question yet. Please do so.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/27/15


No Michael, one goes to Church to Worship God as the Jewish people.

To learn about God is called Bible study or school.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/27/15


Most people expect to go to church to learn about God and the truth of the Bible.
There should be concern that todays false teacher looks like the average pastor.
While the Bible speaks about false teachers it is not just an ancient problem.
In a survey I was reading half the pastors surveyed denied one or more of the following tenets of a Biblical worldview:

The Bible is accurate in its teaching.
Jesus was sinless.
Satan exists as a real being.
God is omnipotent and omniscient.
Salvation is by grace alone.
We are given the responsibility to evangelize.
---michael_e on 10/27/15


Cluny it says God will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him,the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost are the same person. The Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost is God placing the Holy Ghost in His children to empower them for service to Him. No sorry you're mistaken, it isn't a buzz word that I learned from childhood,I saw it in the Bible myself just in the last few years. Cluny I know you don't like Pentecostal Churches that's fine,the Bible says every man is to work out his own salvation with fear and trembling,but I urge you for your own good be careful how you speak of tongues that what you say doesn't offend God. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/27/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Insurance


Steveng:

You said: I'm not boasting, but to prove your false accusation. For the past forty years...

I was not making an accusation. I was stating a principle of fundamental logic. If you assert "All X are Y", you must prove this is the case for every single X in existence, not just many of them, or even most of them. Every single one. If there is even one single exception, your assertion is false. The best you can say is "All X that I've seen are Y".

On the contrary, the longer the member stays with one denomination the more adamant they are in believing their "church" is better.

Older, not more mature.
---StrongAxe on 10/27/15


Darlene, here is Luke 11:13:

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

This verse does NOT say to ask for the BAPTISM of the Holy Spirit, as you insist.

Try again.

Something tells me you are merely repeating the buzz words (as another blog called them) you've been taught since childhood.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/27/15


Cluny I answered you and told you to go down to my answer to Rob,it's there but Here is the verse you can go read for yourself,Luke 11:13. Thats it I hope it answers your question,if not I'm sorry but thats it and I'm done. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/26/15


Cluny, good point about the school of Tyrannus in Acts 19. This was a school of Rhetoric aka a school of Philosophy. I'm still not convinced that seminary schools are scriptural, but you did make a good point.

Concerning musical instruments, I was going off of memory. In reviewing M.C. Kurfrees book "Instrumental Music in The Worship"he states that musical insturments (I did not say the organ) was introduced by the RCC in limited numbers in the 6th century. (page 2)
---trey on 10/26/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Dating


StrongAxe wrote: "Unless you poll every single last one of them, and find them ALL lacking, you cannot make such a blanket accusation."

I'm not boasting, but to prove your false accusation. For the past forty years, I've done consulting work to develop church ministries, classes and services for every type of denomination - usually through word of mouth.

StrongAxe wrote: "Christians bicker constantly about whose church is better.

Some do, but more mature ones don't."

On the contrary, the longer the member stays with one denomination the more adamant they are in believing their "church" is better.
---Steveng on 10/26/15


...most Protestants deny that this really means that the Eucharist is just what Jesus said it is, His Body and Blood.
---Monk_Brendan on 10/26/15

Blind robe. You have no idea of the concept or allegory you even speak of.
This allegorical supper was with 12 representatives of Israel.
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17
If my people, which are called by my name,...(2 Chron 7:14).
Hebrews 9:22
---Trav on 10/26/15


Here are five examples, and yet most Protestants deny that this really means that the Eucharist is just what Jesus said it is, His Body and Blood.
---Monk_Brendan on 10/26/15

We have had this conversation before in these blogs.

You feel very strongly about "the Presence" in the Eucharist, which to me is very "spiritual", accepted totally on faith, and sounds much like "magic".

We feel very strongly that the words of Jesus were metaphoric or symbolic, not actual. The wine and the bread are symbols of the true body and blood of Christ, which are eaten in remembrance of Him.

To me, this does not equal "a total disrespect for the Eucharist" to use your own words.
---Mark_Eaton on 10/26/15


Darlene, you have not yet given ANY verse that says to ask God for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which you claimed the Bible says one can do.

I'm still waiting.

BTW, there's a question for you on the Blog entitled "What Spirit Is This".

I'd be curious to hear your answer.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/26/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Treatments


Cluny Prayer Closet,Matthew 6:6 But thou,when thou prayest,enter into they closet,and when thou hast shut thy door,pray to the Father which is in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Heart and mind Attitude Love God,reverence God,pray to God,praise God,worship God in speaking or song,service,obedience,trust,faith. Phillipians 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ. Telling someone the attitude one should have isn't teaching to speak in tongues and sharing what we've seen in life's experience isn't teaching to speak in tongues,no one can teach another person to speak in tongues because that is an anointing from God through the Holy Ghost enabling the tongue to speak. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/26/15


Mark Eaton said, Re: Protestants' total disrespect of the Eucharist "Would you please explain this with a Biblical perspective, please?"

Certainly! We'll start with Matthew 26:26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, Take and eat, this is my body.

Mark 14:22
Luke 22:19
1Cor 11:24
John 6:35-69

Here are five examples, Mark, and yet most Protestants deny that this really means that the Eucharist is just what Jesus said it is, His Body and Blood.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 10/26/15


James L Did you learn about Christ and salvation by an instant drop into you by the Holy Ghost? Did you learn all the Bible by an instant drop of all of it into you by the holy Ghost? I doubt that is the case,you were probably taught all about them both by older Christians who had experience in teaching the Bible and leading people to Christ. A person usually needs a Road Map in life no matter where they are going thats all I gave. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/26/15


s Christ divided?

God's true "church" ARE the christians.
---Steveng on 10/25/15

Mat_10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat_15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Luk_15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.

Many should ask themselves...did Christ fail to find "his Sheep"?

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
---Trav on 10/26/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Affiliate Program


A question which needs to be asked and answered is what is a Protestant?

Regardless if are Protestant, Catholic, or are another religion, I have learned many are based on religion and traditions of men and not the truth of God.

What is wrong with a person being Christian, meaning they place their faith, hope, and trust in Christ, and Christ Alone, for their SALVATION?
---Rob on 10/26/15


Their total disrespect for the Eucharist.
---Monk_Brendan on 10/23/15

Would you please explain this with a Biblical perspective, please?
---Mark_Eaton on 10/26/15


The protestants broke from the true church.
---john9346 on 10/23/15

Would you mind explaining this Biblically?
---Mark_Eaton on 10/26/15


Just mentioning something:

Byzantine Chant is based on microtonal intervals (like the pitch between F and F#).

Obviously, impossible to play on modern organs.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/26/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Abortion Facts


Trey, I was an organ minor in college.

The first organ played from a keyboard was the hydraulos (literally "water flute") which wasn't invented until 1000, so there is NO WAY Roman Catholics would have introduced it in 666.

In any case, Orthodox by and large (except some Greeks in the USA) don't use instruments. Monasteries of any jurisdiction NEVER do.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/25/15


\\5. Seminary Schools (Not found in scripture.)\\

Like the school of Tyrannus in Acts?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/25/15


Cluny:

Darlene_1 said: What I told her is Bible ,it says ask God for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

You said: BCV, please

1 Corinthians 12 talks about spiritual gifts. While verse 29 rhetorically asks if all have all gifts, verse 31: But covet earnestly the best gifts. suggests we do have some choice in the matter.


Steveng:

You said: All denominational churches ...

Unless you poll every single last one of them, and find them ALL lacking, you cannot make such a blanket accusation. It only takes one single exception (and there are plenty) to prove you wrong.

Christians bicker constantly about whose church is better.

Some do, but more mature ones don't.
---StrongAxe on 10/25/15


Trey said, "4. Musical Instruments in Church (Not practiced by Christ or his disciples. Not found in church worship. Added by the Catholics in 666 AD.)"

Excuse me? The Liturgy of the original Christian church included chanting the Psalms, usually in a monotone. Gregorian chant was in use for over 1000 years before any instruments were allowed in the Church.

I don't know where you got that 666 a.d. date, and I can't find any reference to it.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 10/25/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


SamuelIbb7 With respect for you and your opinion I have been in Pentecostal churches all my life,different types also,and not once when I was there has any of them put feelings above the Word of God.I know there are those who are more fanatics but they are more like Cults than the mainstream denominations which I attended. Perhaps that type is what you have had the misfortune to attend. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/25/15


"....just like a Baby must be shown How to start walking a person must be shown the Spiritual attitude one must be in to receive such a special Gift from God..."
---Darlene_1 on 10/24/15


Ummm,
If a baby started walking by the power of the Holy Spirit, nobody would have to show him how to.

When Lazarus was raised, who showed him how to come back to life?
---James_L on 10/25/15


\\Cluny I am not teaching Nicole how to speak in tongues at all merely showing her the Spiritual heart set that one must be in to receive.\\

That's exactly what you're doing--teaching her how to speak in tongues.

\\ What I told her is Bible ,it says ask God for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.\\

BCV, please.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/25/15


What's wrong with ALL man-made denominations.

Satan has had ove two thousand years to infiltrate and divide christiandom up into over 60,000 denominations. Gods true Church has no earthly wealth, no huge bureaucracy, no billions tied up in real estate, investments, and bank accounts and no money to maintain these assets. God's true church is not made by man's hands. All denominational churches are also nothing more than government owned businesses. (Mark 12:17) Denominational churches will compromise biblical truth to keep their non-profit status. How many denominational churches will sell all its worldly assets to feed the poor?

Is Christ divided?

God's true "church" ARE the christians.
---Steveng on 10/25/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


Good point Rob. But not total agreement.

The Pentecostal churches are mainly concerned with feelings. They often place the Bible as less then how they feel.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 10/25/15


Many well meaning teachers pervert the gospel of Gods grace by mixing law and grace. Putting listeners under a law which Paul and Moses calls a curse (Gal 3:10).
Usually in the form of water baptism, tongue talking, repeated sin confession for forgiveness, "asking Jesus into your heart", law of tithing, Sabbath days, altar calls etc.
This perversion hides the understanding of Gods grace gospel.
---michael_e on 10/25/15


The true church ARE the christians, not a denomination or a building as most Christians perceive the church as being a denomination or a building. True christianity is an individual lifestyle. Just by the way the term "church" is used gives one an indication it isn't the same as it was used in Jesus' time. Christians bicker constantly about whose church is better. For example, "I didn't see you in church this morning," "Our church has a great pastor," "Our church has great entertainment," "Our church has great programs," "Our church just installed a new sound system," "Our church has a great Christmas/Easter program," etc.

Is Christ divided?
---Steveng on 10/25/15


I also agree that there are a multitude of wrongs with the protestant churches.
Errors in practice and doctrine:
1. Infant Baptism (Practiced by both groups.)
2. Speaking in Tongues (This was a sign to the 1st century Jews that Christ had included the Gentiles. This sign ceased early on. 1 Corinthians 13:8)
3. Tithing (Old Testament economy to provide for the Levitical Priesthood. Numbers 18:26. It is not taught anywhere in the New Testament.)
4. Musical Instruments in Church (Not practiced by Christ or his disciples. Not found in church worship. Added by the Catholics in 666 AD.)
5. Seminary Schools (Not found in scripture.)
6. Sunday Schools (non-biblical. Started by Robert Wright in England to teach children to read.)
---trey on 10/25/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


Rob here are the verses to show what I said is the Bible.
Read Luke 11:9-12 also. Luke 11:13 If ye being evil,know how to give good gifts unto your children:how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him. Next one Shows you don't get the Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost with salvation.Acts 19:2 'Did you receive the Holy Ghost since ye believed?" And they said unto Him,"We have not even heard whether there be any Holy Ghost." I hope this shows you I'm not a flake. I try to be sure of what I say before I give it. I fear God,in a healthy way,too much to lie about His Word. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/25/15


Darlene, I have to agree with Cluny on this one concerning speaking in tongues.

I have been studying scripture for over 40 years. I believe a person is baptized with the Holy Spirit at the very moment of Salvation, Romans 8:9-17, Ephesians 1:3-14.

Also I don't recall ever reading in Scripture, where a person is to ask God for the Baptism of The Holy Spirit. If I missed it somewhere, kindly show me where.
---Rob on 10/25/15


Cluny I am not teaching Nicole how to speak in tongues at all merely showing her the Spiritual heart set that one must be in to receive. What I told her is Bible ,it says ask God for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. There were Apostles there because they were the teachers of the new Covenant and of the Gift of the Holy Ghost which was also given. There are still God's servants doing the same thing in this day and age. Once again no I would never try to teach tongues I think it is stupid but just like a Baby must be shown How to start walking a person must be shown the Spiritual attitude one must be in to receive such a special Gift from God. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/24/15


Darlene said, "The persons tongue is an instrument and God gives the tongue."

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1 Tim 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

How do you KNOW that the spirit or spirits you have been listening to are truly the Holy Spirit? And don't tell me, "because it feels right. I want a verifiable proof.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 10/24/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


\\ First step go in your prayer closet and ask God for the Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost . Be in a worshipful attitude and out loud praising God,trust God completely and expect to receive an out pouring of words,maybe one or two at first but the more you use the tongues to praise and talk to God the more fluent you become.\\

Darlene, I challenge you to support all this rigamarole you told Nicole with Bible evidence.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/24/15


Darlene, in the Bible, every time the Baptism of the Holy Spirit took place, the Apostles were there as well.

It was not something people did all by themselves.

Think about it.

BTW, if you can teach someone how to speak in tongues, as you are doing here, it is clearly a TECHNIQUE, and not a divine gift.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/24/15


Nicole Lacey I don't mean to butt in but I want to share with you that yes you can speak in tongues because it is the Holy Ghost that enable's a person to speak. The persons tongue is an instrument and God gives the tongue. First step go in your prayer closet and ask God for the Gift of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost . Be in a worshipful attitude and out loud praising God,trust God completely and expect to receive an out pouring of words,maybe one or two at first but the more you use the tongues to praise and talk to God the more fluent you become. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 10/23/15


"Perceived wrongs of Protestant churches", by who?-Leon

ME

But, Protestants are so many you have to discuss one by one.

One doesn't believe 'Once Saved always Saved', Another yes.

I just try to remember who corrected me and moved on.

My good friend speaks in Tongues.
Now, I don't understand, nor think I can speak in Tongues, but I believe my Friend when she states she has spoken in Tongues several times.

She is also honest in saying some claim they are speaking in Tongues, but only faking it.

Every Protestant faith has so many beliefs it is very hard state perceived wrongs because it might apply to another Protestant faith.

So, it isn't wrong but wrongly APPLIED.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/23/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Counseling


"Perceived wrongs of Protestant churches", by who? Matt. 7:1-2
---Leon on 10/23/15


Mark asked, "What are the perceived wrongs of Protestant churches?"

1. There are 33000 denominations.

2. Sola Scriptura was invented in the 16th century and is the reason for many denominations.

3. There is no unity in protestantism.

4. The protestants broke from the true church.

5. Protestants are anti-tradition.

all perceptions are paucious.
---john9346 on 10/23/15


I've only got 125 words.

Their total disrespect for the Eucharist.

Sola Scriptura, which is nowhere in the Bible.

Word of faith.

Snake handling

Oneness, vs Trinitarian.

Name it and claim it.

Liturtainment

Measuring notches on their Bible.

Trophy Christians

There are plenty more.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 10/23/15


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.