ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Favorite Devotional Reading

Other than the Bible, does anyone here have favorite devotional reading?

(While "sweet pieces" do nothing for me, I do enjoy reading Church history, which included hagiography, and liturgical texts of different churches.)

Join Our Free Dating and Take The Christian Living Quiz
 ---Cluny on 11/10/15
     Helpful Blog Vote (3)

Post a New Blog



Cluny:

John said: Thank you guys for this dialog, but I am ending this to go now and concern myself with Adult Substantive Dialogs.

You said: The word is spelled "DIALOGUES."

Writing clearly means thinking clearly.


Both British and American English use dialogue, but American also allows dialog. The alternate spelling is clear, merely different.

As I get older, I make more and more spelling, grammar, and typographical errors. (I used to be a spelling and grammar nazi. Then I grew up). It is of little use to nitpick these, unless 1) wording is ambiguous, 2) it is so garbled as to be incomprehensible, or 3) the writer has specifically made spelling and grammar an issue.
---StrongAxe on 11/27/15


\\Thank you guys for this dialog, but I am ending this to go now and concern myself with Adult Substantive Dialogs.\\

The word is spelled "DIALOGUES."

Writing clearly means thinking clearly.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/26/15


john9346:

You said: It is disingenuous of you to not cite your source...

The ridiculous 125-word limit on these blogs (that I have never seen on any other blogs) makes it difficult to say everything one wants. I spend twice as much time editing posts down to make them fit as composing them. But just google popes vice for ample evidence.

The viewers can read my source in context can the same be said of you??

Yes, if you point me to where it is. "Somewhere in this book" isn't enough. Give chapter, or page, or an exact searchable quote (I googled what you said, and found nothing on that site). Otherwise, it would be just as useful to say "somewhere in the Library of Congress".
---StrongAxe on 11/25/15


John 9346 said, "It is disingenuous of you to not cite your source to support this claim for the sake of the readers/viewers of this blog..."

John, this is fairly easy to substantiate. You can look it up on Wikipedia for goodness sake. Or on several Roman Catholic historical web sites.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 11/25/15


Strongaxe, Well, I find it encouraging to hear you think of me to view me as "Your Source."


You stated, "As far as the Popes go, Italian politics and Church politics in the middle ages were rife with corruption and vice. There was so much cronyism and infighting, that at one time there were as many as 3 different pope...the victors write the history books,...."

It is disingenuous of you to not cite your source to support this claim for the sake of the readers/viewers of this blog...

When ever anything is taken out of context, you are right it, "Doesn't make sense."

The viewers can read my source in context can the same be said of you??
---john9346 on 11/25/15




cluny said, "No matter what you intended, the statement you gave means, "There were 30 popes at one time," in English."

And if you cant understand in English a word called "Context, Context, and Context." I and nobody can help you.

Thank you guys for this dialog, but I am ending this to go now and concern myself with Adult Substantive Dialogs.

May Yahweh Bless you both and lead and guide you in to his truth,

John
---john on 11/25/15


Popes are not the only Vicar of Christ. All those who serve GOD are his priests.-Samuelbb7

Vicar is singular.
Jesus gave the Keys to one man among many. Why?
Because only Peter gave the CORRECT answer to Jesus' question.

Remember Jesus Himself said that answer told Him which ONE, His Father wanted Him to give the keys. No group keys

Both my brother and Obama are serving this Country. My brother by being in the Army.
Just because he served this Country for 23 years he doesn't think he is the President of the United States.

Obama is the ONLY presiding President of the States.

That's why Pope Benedict XVI is called 'Emeritus'

Because there can only be ONE Vicar of CHRIST at a time.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/25/15


TRue Nicole it leaves the notion. So there is that idea but it is not a fact.

Popes are not the only Vicar of Christ.

All those who serve GOD are his priests. All those who serve GOD are his representatives here on Earth.

Our only true intercessor is Jesus Christ our High priest.

Heb 4:14-16

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
---Samuelbb7 on 11/25/15


There are Kings and there Kings.
Some actually took over their Country and by force made themselves a dictator, but like the word 'king' better so proclaimed themselves as King.

Then, there are actual people who are born into the position, or will be next in line.

Now, I proclaim myself a Queen in my own castle of a house.
I am an American.
No one can stop me.
Believe me is another thing, but stop me: No.

200 years from now will I be listed among the hundreds of Kings and Queens in 2015 just because I claimed I was a Queen?

As for the 30 Popes: that's why they made a word called 'Anti-Pope' or 'Anti-Popes'
It leaves the notion there is only ONE TRUE pope.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/25/15


john9346:

You wrote: Strongaxe, where is your source how do we know you are telling the truth??

YOU are my source. I was just quoting what YOU quoted from the Catholic Encyclopedia. If that is inaccurate, that's your problem, not mine.

What you said was "there were 30 popes at one time" - i.e. there was one single time when there were 30 simultaneous popes. If you meant something else, the quote was itself very misleading without any extra context, and that context is lacking.

Googling: list of popes, the Catholic Encyclopedia site lists 266 of them, so interpreting "at one time" as "any time in the past" doesn't make sense, because 30 isn't the same as 266.
---StrongAxe on 11/25/15




\\No matter how much effort to twist my statement the catholic encyclopedia supports my statement. \\

No matter what you intended, the statement you gave means, "There were 30 popes at one time," in English.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/24/15


Cluny states, "As for context of this statement, you gave none."

wrong, here is the context, "Strongaxe said, "As far as the Popes go, Italian politics and Church politics in the middle ages were rife with corruption and vice. There was so much cronyism and infighting, that at one time there were as many as 3 different pope...the victors write the history books,...."

Strongaxe, where is your source how do we know you are telling the truth??

Now factor in my statement along with the source oops there is the context not want to see it to not see it...

No matter how much effort to twist my statement the catholic encyclopedia supports my statement.


God bless,


John
---john9346 on 11/24/15


john9346:

Again, I don't have time to read entirely through every book everyone mentions just to verify one quote, when I have no idea where in that book the quote is.

I just quoted your own citation. I do not have the book, nor have I read it, nor do I plan a trip to the library plus several hours of reading just to clarify a possible ambiguity in a simple blog post.

One gives brief attributions, e.g. "let them eat cake - Marie Antoinette", to state a phrase's provenance, especially when it is well known, or easy to find. But to actually provide a verifiable reference, one must be more specific, e.g. "to be or not to be, that is the question - William Shakespeare, Hamlet: Act 3, Scene 1, Page 3".
---StrongAxe on 11/24/15


Strongaxe,

I am going to hold you to not citing your source as that helps the viewers/readers learn and know the truth.
---john on 11/24/15


Here is exactly what you said:


\\At one time, there were 30 popes according to, "The Catholic Encyclopedia."
---john9346 on 11/20/15
\\

The sentence, as you wrote it, means there were 30 popes at one time in English.

As for context of this statement, you gave none.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/24/15


Let us agree it was 30 at different times over centuries.

I am counting on my memory. But the most I remember at one time is 3.

There is also the legend of the female pope joan. There is a documentary about it. Some really funny parts.

There is also the time when Napoleon had the Pope taken prisoner and kept in France.

Or when one future pope murdered the current one when sleeping with his mistress.

There were even a TV series made about the Borgias.
---Samuelbb7 on 11/24/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Repair


StrongAxe said, "Not the same. You said 30 at ONE time. The source said 30 at DIFFERENT times."

And again sir, if you had read the source in light of the context I mentioned you would have known what I was stating .


Sir, I am not sure how is it you fail to understand this context when the source is right before your very eyes.

It is also interesting you cite the source back to me when I question had you looked at it.
---john9346 on 11/23/15


john9346:

You wrote: Well sir, it is obvious you have done no research especially since I cited "Catholic Encyclopedia." as source.

You can't just cite a book and expect someone to read through the whole thing. It's like saying "It's in the Bible". Even if true, that doesn't help somebody find it.

You wrote: At one time, there were 30 popes

The source cited: there was the time of 30 antipopes from the second century to the fifteenth century...

Not the same. You said 30 at ONE time. The source said 30 at DIFFERENT times.
---StrongAxe on 11/23/15


Cluny states, "This is not the same thing as saying there were 30 anti-popes over 2000 years."

Well, look at the context, it is simple especially if you interpret according to cited source.

Lets all let the source guide our interpretation and understanding instead of looking for something that is not there.
---john9346 on 11/23/15


\\At one time, there were 30 popes according to, "The Catholic Encyclopedia."
---john9346 on 11/20/15
\\

This is not the same thing as saying there were 30 anti-popes over 2000 years.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/23/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Products


Strongaxe asked, "30 popes all at the same time?"

Well sir, it is obvious you have done no research especially since I cited "Catholic Encyclopedia." as source.

If you had check source cited, you would know that the encyclopedia states during rc history there was the time of 30 antipopes from the second century to the fifteenth century...
---john9346 on 11/22/15


It's strange that it has never worked like this before among God's chosen.---StrongAxe on 11/19/15

No, it is strange you forgot about this passage: Isaiah 22:22.

Do you think Jesus is making up stuff?

Isaiah 22:22
I will place the KEY OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID on his shoulder, when he opens, no one shall shut, when he shuts, no one shall open.

Sounds familiar? Matthew 16:18


Those are not the keys given to St. Peter, Nicole.- Cluny

Explain yourself.
Matthew 16 states different.

Only Peter answered who Jesus was when asked.
So, Jesus knew who His Father wanted Him to give the Keys to Heaven and Earth.

Please don't try to claim 'group' credit.
Most of the group were wrong.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/21/15


StrongAxe, I think it was a typo. He meant 3 popes.
---john1944 on 11/20/15


The problem of the triple papacy was solved when the Council of Constance deposed all three of them and elected a new one.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/20/15


Shop For Christian Debt Consolidation


john9346:

You wrote: At one time, there were 30 popes according to, "The Catholic Encyclopedia."

30 popes all at the same time? I have never heard of that. Can you tell us what time period that was in, or who any of them were? I could find no reference to it.
---StrongAxe on 11/20/15


Strongaxe said, "As far as the Popes go, Italian politics and Church politics in the middle ages were rife with corruption and vice. There was so much cronyism and infighting, that at one time there were as many as 3 different pope...the victors write the history books,...."

Why is it that when people want to bash the Church, they go back to the ugly period when princes and Popes were bought and sold to the highest bidder. The middle ages and the Renaissance were bad times for the Catholic Church. There was too much influence that went from hand to hand, usually with the sound of clink, clink. It did not happen all over the world.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 11/20/15


John9356, I appreciate that. No offense taken.
---john1944 on 11/20/15


StrongAxe states, "There was so much cronyism and infighting, that at one time there were as many as 3 different pope."

At one time, there were 30 popes according to, "The Catholic Encyclopedia."
---john9346 on 11/20/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Divorce


\\So, that's why the Pope with the keys to Heaven and Earth will NOT be mislead by Satan.\\

Those are not the keys given to St. Peter, Nicole.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/19/15


Israel were the people and nation of GOD. They had the Holy Spirit to guide them. But they choose to reject the Messiah. Only a remnant choose to follow Jesus. Just like all the history of Jesus not all choose to follow GOD.

So also with the Roman Catholic church. Read what Strong Ax wrote. Check it out. He is correct and telling you the truth. Listen to John.

Read the Bible the whole Bible. Look to Jesus for salvation.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 11/20/15


john1944 said, "John9346, I left the Catholic Church 8 years ago. I was a Protestant before I was a Catholic. I don't need to be deprogrammed."

Yes, but we all need to be built on a "Firm Foundation."

Also, no personal offense to you sir, just reaching out.
---john9346 on 11/20/15


John9346, I left the Catholic Church 8 years ago. I was a Protestant before I was a Catholic. I don't need to be deprogrammed.
---john1944 on 11/19/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Marriage


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: So, that's why the Pope with the keys to Heaven and Earth will NOT be mislead by Satan.

It's strange that it has never worked like this before among God's chosen. They all had free will to disregard God's advice, and do things they shouldn't have - Adam, Saul, David, Solomon, even Peter (at least twice).

As far as the Popes go, Italian politics and Church politics in the middle ages were rife with corruption and vice. There was so much cronyism and infighting, that at one time there were as many as 3 different pope (and yes, I know - the victors write the history books, and anathemize the others as "antipopes").
---StrongAxe on 11/19/15


John1944:

All praise be to Yahweh (the Lord) who rescued you from roman Catholicism...

If you don't mind , I would like to recommend some resources to provide you guidance, direction, and clarity.

1. the website just for catholics type in google.

2. The website Good News for Catholics type in google as well.

May Yahweh (the Lord) continue to lead and guide you,


Sincerely,


John9346
---john9346 on 11/19/15


StrongAxe, you're right. It was a bad argument.
---john1944 on 11/19/15


Pontiff, according to St. Thomas, is guided by the infallible influence of the Holy Ghost in an especial way when canonizing saints. ---john1944 on 11/18/15

Yes, Yes, Yes!
Because the Holy Spirit ISN'T going to lie to His Church.

The Holy Spirit MAIN purpose is to guide the Church until JESUS' RETURNS.

Remember, Jesus said this Himself.

So, that's why the Pope with the keys to Heaven and Earth will NOT be mislead by Satan.

Matthew 16
The Gates of Hell SHALL NOT PREVIL!
Jesus' Words not the Saints!
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/19/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Consolidation


john1944:

You said: StrongAxe, I'll take their word for it.

Bonaventure, etc. may have been saints, but they were not official spokesmen for the church, so you can't blame the church for teaching or enforcing something merely opined by non-official spokesmen, no matter how "holy" they are. Condemning someone for something they never actually said is a straw-man argument.
---StrongAxe on 11/19/15


StrongAxe, I'll take their word for it.
---john1944 on 11/18/15


john1944:

You wrote: To suppose that the Church can err in canonizing, is a sin, or is heresy, according to St. Bonaventure, Bellarmine, and others, or at least next door to heresy, according to Suarez, Azorius, Gotti, etc., because the Sovereign Pontiff, according to St. Thomas, is guided by the infallible influence of the Holy Ghost in an especial way when canonizing saints.

Perhaps, but unless the writings of St. Bonaventure, Bellarmine, and others, and the opinions of Arozious, Gotti, etc. are declared to be canon law, they are merely opinions.
---StrongAxe on 11/18/15


StrongAxe, I found the following:

St. Alphonsus Liguori, The Great Means of Salvation and Perfection, 1759, p. 23:

To suppose that the Church can err in canonizing, is a sin, or is heresy, according to St. Bonaventure, Bellarmine, and others, or at least next door to heresy, according to Suarez, Azorius, Gotti, etc., because the Sovereign Pontiff, according to St. Thomas, is guided by the infallible influence of the Holy Ghost in an especial way when canonizing saints.
---john1944 on 11/18/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Refinancing


Odan leopards in the temple---john1944 on 11/17/15

I Google that word and is doesn't even state the miracles used as evidence is false.

It's the miracles the Vatican used as evidence that you HAVE TO PROVE wasn't a TRUE MIRACLES.

That site goes off field from Opus Dei.

Cite how the miracles are false and then we can debate it.

Because NO MIRACLES NO PROOF he is a saint.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/18/15


Nicole, do a Google search

Odan leopards in the temple
---john1944 on 11/17/15


One can't deny that Opus Dei dumped a lot of money and publicity into Escriva's canonization process. It happened rather quickly.---john1944

Yes, I can! You CAN'T back up your statement.

The man died in 1975 and became a saint in 2002!

Again, NO MONEY IS USED.

2 MIRACLES ONLY.

The Vatican tries to DENY the Miracles FIRST!

The people have to prove the healing happened without any kind of medical help!

Plus, they have to prove the miracle HAPPEN after the prayers to him and not multiple person.

Praying to St. Monica and him at the same time to ask God for a healing knocks out your proof.

How does the Vatican know which person God listened to heal the person on earth?
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/17/15


StrongAxe, I'll check further.
---john1944 on 11/17/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Franchises


john1944:

You said: StrongAxe, sorry. It's a mortal sin to deny something defined in Rome. I refused to see it that way. So in good conscience I couldn't stay.

While it might be considered a mortal sin to deny an essential item of faith or an infallible doctrine (i.e. a heresy to deny these), the declaration that someone is a saint is neither of these, so it shouldn't apply.
---StrongAxe on 11/17/15


StrongAxe, sorry. It's a mortal sin to deny something defined in Rome. I refused to see it that way. So in good conscience I couldn't stay.
---john1944 on 11/17/15


john1944:

You wrote: I deny that Escriva is a saint. Thus I'm denied the sacraments. So I left, about a year after his canonization.

Later, you wrote: just FYI, I left the Catholic Church of my own accord. No one asked me to leave.

I'm a bit confused then. Did they actually deny you the sacraments, or did you just assume that they would? If the former, it's a bit like going into a restaurant where they say "you can come in, but you can't eat anything", which is tantamount to kicking you out.
---StrongAxe on 11/16/15


StrongAxe & MonkBrendan, just FYI, I left the Catholic Church of my own accord. No one asked me to leave.
---john1944 on 11/16/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Lead Generation


Monk_Brendan:

john1944 wrote: I deny that Escriva is a saint. Thus I'm denied the sacraments. So I left, about a year after his canonization.

You wrote: John, I don't like Escriva either, but that is no reason to leave the Church. You have not committed heresy. Canonization just tells the world that this one person is in heaven. The Church has never stated that others were not.

It sounds from what he wrote that, as a result of his denial, the church denied HIM the sacraments, and that he left the church because of this, not as a result of the canonization.

Don't you know anyone else who left a church because they were effectively kicked out first?
---StrongAxe on 11/16/15


One can't deny that Opus Dei dumped a lot of money and publicity into Escriva's canonization process. It happened rather quickly.
---john1944 on 11/16/15


You make this comment as if the Vatican think opposite of you:

I have know several very holy men who have died, and the Vatican never did anything about it.-Monk_Brendan

You know people are in Heaven, but the Vatican just DOESN'T which ones.
There is a process to state who is in Heaven.

This last comment is shameful:

//However, I have no relics...do you know how much money it takes to have someone canonized--Monk_Brendan

No relics unless the person has been DECLARED Blessed or Saint.

Please be careful with your words. Money is needed to do the processing of the dead person not to canonized him or her.

Miracles determines if they are to be DECLARED a Saint, NOT MONEY.

Please be careful.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/16/15


Nicole Lacey said, "Since you know they are very holy and the Vatican doesn't know, why don't you put their cause up for canonization?

Send the Vatican the information so these holy men can be pronounced 'Servants of God.'"


These men that I know have all gone to their reward. Three were permanent deacons, and others were laymen. I know of one that was a priest. However, I have no relics, I wasn't there at the end of their lives, and do you know how much money it takes to have someone canonized?

Even finding eye witnesses of their death--or worse, their suffering, which happened several years earlier, is beyond my puny means.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 11/15/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


Nicole, I have no doubt at all that Monk Brendan is a better man than I am, and I mean that sincerely.
---john1944 on 11/15/15


Nicole, Monk Brendan is not the one attacking Escriva. It's john1944.
It is easy to lose track of who says what on these blogs.---Cluny on 11/14/15

I addressed John immediately:

//left the Catholic Church when Escriva was canonized.---john1944 on 11/11/15
Are you saying the year he was canonized you left the Church?
Or, it was because he was canonized you decided to leave the Church?
Never leave your faith because of another man.
God is Greater than man.-Nicole Lacey on 11/11/15.

But, John's name doesn't have 'Brother, Father, Sister, Mother, Friar or Monk by his name either.

Monk is placed on a higher standard. He knows it I am sure.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/15/15


Cluny, Monk Brendan said he didn't like Escriva either. See below..
---john1944 on 11/14/15


\\As a Monk, should you attack someone's character without any basis?\\

Nicole, Monk Brendan is not the one attacking Escriva. It's john1944.

It is easy to lose track of who says what on these blogs.
---Cluny on 11/14/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


I have know several very holy men who have died, and the Vatican never did anything about it. But that's okay. I know they're in heaven.---Monk_Brendan on 11/13/15

Monk, what did Escriva ever do to you?
As a Monk, should you attack someone's character without any basis?

Your title makes you more responsible for your words than most.

Plus, I don't understand?
What did you want the Vatican to do about there death?

Since you know they are very holy and the Vatican doesn't know, why don't you put their cause up for canonization?

Send the Vatican the information so these holy men can be pronounced 'Servants of God'.

Get the ball rolling.
Unless you just don't to want do anything about it?
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/14/15


Cluny, sorry -- a supporter of General Franco.
---john1944 on 11/13/15


\\Cluny, he was a Franquista.
---john1944 on 11/13/15\\

I'm sorry, but I don't recognize the word.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/13/15


John 1944 said, "I deny that Escriva is a saint. Thus I'm denied the sacraments. So I left, about a year after his canonization."

John, I don't like Escriva either, but that is no reason to leave the Church. You have not committed heresy. Canonization just tells the world that this one person is in heaven. The Church has never stated that others were not.

I have know several very holy men who have died, and the Vatican never did anything about it. But that's okay. I know they're in heaven.

If you don't like Escriva, avoid him in heaven!

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 11/13/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Auto Insurance


Cluny you are correct, thanks.

John, I am not trying to get you to come back to the RCC.
Faith COMES from God.

Mark, I said the RCC doesn't dare DECLARE (knows) who is Heaven without a miracle (message) from God.

We don't think we are God and make judgement on other people's afterlife status esp hell.

Miracles have to occur AFTER death not before death.

The miracle is to Tell the people on earth they are IN Heaven not to get INTO Heaven.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/13/15


Cluny, he was a Franquista.
---john1944 on 11/13/15


Everyone in Heaven is a Saint!
But, the RCC doesn't dare claim to declare someone in Heaven unless proof is given.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/12/15

Based upon your statement above, you had better start working on your miracles now or you will not make it into heaven.

Jesus made the statement that many will say to Him that they cast out demons and performed miracles in His name but He will tell them to depart because He knew them not.

Even though we may desire to call someone a saint, we never know the condition of a persons heart or their relationship with Jesus.
---Mark_Eaton on 11/13/15


john1944, though this has nothing to do with the question is started, can you PLEASE tell me why you don't accept the canonization of the founder of Opus Dei?

I have no opinion on it one way or the other, but I'd like to know your own objections.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/12/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Holidays


Nicole, whether what you say is true or not, there is no good reason for me to return to the Church. As you said before, I shouldn't go if I disagree. One must follow one's conscience in all things.
---john1944 on 11/12/15


\\The word 'Devil's advocate' came from the Vatican.
\\

Actually, his historical and canonical title even before V2 was "Defender of the Faith". "Devil's advocate" was a popular, but not the proper, term.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/12/15


John, you speak what you don't not know. Canonization is NOT a Sacrament.

Canonization is NOT a infallible declaration.

Infallible is only on Faith and Morals.

Canonization is proof given by God in heaven via Miracles (2 is needed)

The word 'Devil's advocate' came from the Vatican.

The Vatican tries to prove that the person is NOT a Saint unless PROOF is given to them by a Miracle in which God is telling us that the person is in Heaven.

Everyone in Heaven is a Saint!
But, the RCC doesn't dare claim to declare someone in Heaven unless proof is given.

But it seems all Protestant Funerals declares the person is in Heaven.
How do they know?
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/12/15


Nicole, you're right, I shouldn't. What am I now? I guess I'm a fallen away Catholic! :)
---john1944 on 11/12/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Insurance


\\I deny that Escriva is a saint. \\

On what grounds do you deny this? (I know nothing except he was a Spanish priest who founded Opus Dei.)\\

\\Thus I'm denied the sacraments. So I left, about a year after his canonization.
---john1944 on 11/11/15\\

Well, if you don't believe what a church teaches, you shouldn't be a member of it.

What are you now?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/12/15


Nicole, canonization is an infallible declaration by the Church that the person canonized is in heaven, and the faithful a bound by the Church to believe it. Denying it is heresy.

I deny that Escriva is a saint. Thus I'm denied the sacraments. So I left, about a year after his canonization.
---john1944 on 11/11/15


You are not clear:

I left the Catholic Church when Escriva was canonized.---john1944 on 11/11/15


Are you saying the year he was canonized you left the Church?

Or, it was because he was canonized you decided to leave the Church?

Never leave your faith because of another man.

God is Greater than man.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/11/15


I left the Catholic Church when Escriva was canonized.
---john1944 on 11/11/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Dating


The collection books of the Founder of Opus Dei, St. JoseMaria Escriva, and the books of C.S. Lewis, and E.K Chesterton.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/11/15


The Way of the Pilgrim

The Imitation of Christ

The Upanishads
---john1944 on 11/10/15


I like John MacArthur Bible workbooks. It slows me down and makes me pay attention to what I am reading.
---Scott1 on 11/10/15


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.