ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Sins Of Virgin Mary

What sins did the Virgin Mary commit?

Give book, chapter, and verse in your answer.

Join Our Christian Dating and Take The Sin & Repentance Quiz
 ---Cluny on 12/10/15
     Helpful Blog Vote (2)

Post a New Blog



The more you all reveal your beliefs, the more I scratch my head. Will your comeback remark be some misspelled word here?--kathr4453 on 1/1/16

Many misspelled words (with and without spell check) I can PROMISE YOU.

Now to the real MATTER of concern.

Kathr, you have me scratching my head.

Jesus' Blood spilling out of Him is the reason we have life.

I can't help it that His Blood is 100% DNA of Mary.

The Act of Jesus offering up His Blood is of importance.
But as well as God raising Him from the Death is of importance.

Stop trying to spend your time proving our doctrines wrong and try to find out why you believe in Jesus.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/1/16


Nicole, where do you come up with your accusations? You just pull nonsense out of the air. Makes me wonder if you even know what is being discussed here. Jesus the MAN, the LAST ADAM is in Heaven as we speak, and the apostles witnessed His ascension testified In Acts 1. I already stated that. I find it nearly impossible to carry on an INTELLIGENT conversation with you.

The BIBLE clearly says FLESH AND BLOOD CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. Scripture ALWAYS refer to "flesh and blood" as EARTHLY MAN.

If Paul said he did not confir with FLESH AND BLOOD, referring to the revelation and mystery JESUS showed him, then it would ALSO show Paul did not refer to Jesus as flesh and BLOOD.
---kathr4453 on 1/1/16


Nicole, we see in Genesis 19 where angels ATE with Lot. Angels do not have blood. And although Jesus is more than an angel, His eating after His resurrection does not require Him to have blood.
Genesis 19:1-3

And there came two angels to Sodom at even, and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them, and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground, 2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. 3 And he pressed upon them greatly, and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house, and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
---kathr453 on 1/1/16


Quite right, StrongAxe. I did misquote the verse.

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have

But contrary to what kathr is claiming, NOWHERE does the Bible say that Jesus totally exsanguinated on the Cross, or our blood will not likewise be changed.

Furthermore, again contrary to kathr, Jesus DID take His ENTIRE human nature from the Virgin.

Galatians 4:4
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman,

Happy New Year.
---Cluny on 1/1/16


It's more important for me to know my own sins than to try to find out what Mary's might have been.
---john1944 on 1/1/16




\\Where in the Bible states that God walked with Adam and Eve in the garden?
As you asked Cluny: chapter and verse, please.\\

It's in Genesis 3, Nicole.

Happy New Year!
---Cluny on 1/1/16


Cluny:

You said: At His Resurrection, Jesus said, "Touch Me and feel Me and see it is I Myself. A spirit does not have FLESH AND BLOOD as you see I have."

Close, but not quite. Luke 24:39 says:
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

I remember this, because the Jehovah's Witnesses make a great deal about the specific wording of this one verse, and claim that as a result, the resurrected Jesus had flesh but no blood (the scripture actually doesn't explicitly say one way or other).
---StrongAxe on 12/31/15


No I really don't understand the Orthodox or RCC's doctrine of Jesus now having GLORIFIED BLOOD. There is no reason for His blood to be GLORIFIED in the first place, seeing His BLOOD, before you claim became Glorified, was more than sufficient to take away sin, more than sufficient than the blood of bulls and goats. Even more than sufficient your supposed sinless blood of Mary. Where is the doctrine Jesus tells others to WAIT until His blood is GLORIFIED before communion? Jesus was raised through the blood of the everlasting Covenant, NOT raised through the GLORIFIED BLOOD of the everlasting covenant.

The more you all reveal your beliefs, the more I scratch my head. Will your comeback remark be some misspelled word here?
---kathr4453 on 1/1/16


Kathr, are you suggesting Jesus never went to heaven?

Gospel of John 21:14-15

Jesus finished eating fish and bread.

Or are you saying that Spirits now can eat?

21:14 This was now the third time Jesus ws revealed to his disciples after being raised from the dead.
V15 They had finished breakfast (They includes Jesus)

Acts 1:11
..This Jesus who has been taken up from you into HEAVEN will return in the same way as you have seen him going into heaven.

Now will you please help StrongAxe since he was trying to help you.
Be a FRIEND.

Where in the Bible states that God walked with Adam and Eve in the garden?
As you asked Cluny: chapter and verse, please.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/1/16


Clunky, I hate to say this, but no such scripture exists in the bible. Funny too you did not give the verse you say is in the Bible. If you are referring to Thomas, again that is not what Jesus said.

So before we go any further, please give book, chapter and verse for your supposed quote.

Jesus blood was shed at the cross. God did not put it back into Jesus or put new blood in Him either. Also how can you say you are drinking His blood, if it is in His body?
---kathr4453 on 12/31/15




Cluny 1 Corinthians 15:56--flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus could do anything anyway God wanted it done therefore you cannot compare mortals to a Divine Christ. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 12/31/15


\\ There is no flesh and blood in heaven, \\

At His Resurrection, Jesus said, "Touch Me and feel Me and see it is I Myself. A spirit does not have FLESH AND BLOOD as you see I have."

And it was with this resurrected and glorified FLESH AND BLOOD that Jesus ascended into heaven.

kathr, you don't know thing ONE about Christian doctrine.

Christ is born! Glorify Him!
---Cluny on 12/31/15


So who walked in the garden.---StrongAxe

Please give Scripture of God walking in the garden.

I can't find it in my Bible.

I believe it is a Protestant story that was told so much that we assumed it is in the Bible.

I say 'we' because I thought so as well until a Priest asked me to give him chapter and verse of God walking with Adam and Eve.

He asked me when I lived in New York knowing I was from Alabama.

He said he knew many people from the South quoting that phase, but unable to tell him where it came from.

Truly, I would like to KNOW the same question.

Please tell me where it is in the Bible?

Who starting saying that famous quote? Anyone, please.

Happy New Year!
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/31/15


This is what the Bible says about the body. 1 Corinthians 15,44-it is sown a natural body,it is raised a spiritual body. If here is a natural body,there is a spiritual body. 1 Corinthians 15:42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown perishable is raised imperishable. 1 Corinthians 15:56-flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 12/30/15

Thank you Darlene_1.

So Nicole, the answer is right here. There is no flesh and blood in heaven, now or even in the future. Elijah and Enoch cannot be in Heaven now in their flesh and with their blood. The Bible makes this very clear.
---kathr4453 on 12/31/15


Well we know Angels can assume earthly bodies. They must have some kind of spiritual body currently. But what that is we are not told.

True Cluny the Orthodox churches. But they are not the only ones who claim to teach only the truth through history. The RCC teaches the orthodox are to obey what their Pope says.

I know you do not agree with that.

John preached in the Spirit and Power of Elijah. That does not make him the same person.

We need to follow the Bible and admit when we do not know.

Happy New Year to all.

May GOD bless you and keep you and yours. Amen
---Samuelbb7 on 12/31/15


Cluny:

You said: The Orthodox Church does. It's our official teaching and has been for hundreds of years before the Reformation.

Just because the Orthodox Church teaches something, that does not automatically make it the undisputable truth. Do you believe everything Orthodoxy teaches without question?

Besides, Jesus himself said that John the Baptist was Elijah, and if that is true, it throws a monkey wrench into the two witnesses theory, because then Elijah would die TWICE, once at the hand of Herod, and a second time in Revelation.


Nicole_Lacey:

You said: The 1st and 3rd Persons never obtained a Body.

So who walked in the garden, and spoke to Abraham? Jesus didn't have a body yet.
---StrongAxe on 12/30/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Rehab Treatments


\\God is not going to return our blood with our bodies one day as Nicole believes.\\

How do you know? It's part of our human nature, is it not?

\\ Also, no one knows for a FACT if Enoch and Elijah are the two witnesses in Revelation 11.\\

The Orthodox Church does. It's our official teaching and has been for hundreds of years before the Reformation.

You are in no position to lampoon others, kathr, when on another blog you didn't even understand what I said to start with.

Christ is born! Glorify Him!
---Cluny on 12/30/15


Angels do not have bodies.

Can you cite anything that corroborates this? When Jacob wrestled with an angel, how could he wrestle with something that doesn't have a body? How could the angel touch his hip without a hand?---StrongAxe on 12/30/15

Remember StrongAxe, I don't claim Scripture only, you do.

Are you claiming the Angel didn't assume a body, but already had a body?

So Angels are not just Spirits to you?

Please explain.

Also, only the 2nd Person of the Trinity became Man.

The 1st and 3rd Persons never obtained a Body.

Or do you claim They did?

Please explain.
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/30/15


If you feel you must critique and call ignorant others comments, please critique yours and Nicole's as well, lest you leave your own statements open for others to lampoon.---kathr4453 on 12/30/15

You can lampoon my statements as long as you do it correctly.

I said Rev 6:9-11 not Rev 11.

2nd please return to your own statement.

Are you admitting you made a mistake when you said that everyone who sinned dies?

After you address your statement we can go to my statement.

Or better yet, we can do BOTH at the same time.

Please don't keep changing the subject without finishing the first subject.
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/30/15


This is what the Bible says about the body. 1 Corinthians 15,44-it is sown a natural body,it is raised a spiritual body. If here is a natural body,there is a spiritual body. 1 Corinthians 15:42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown perishable is raised imperishable. 1 Corinthians 15:56-flesh and blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 12/30/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Stocks


Nicole_Lacey:

You said: Only humans have legs to walk and mouth to speak.

God spoke creation into existence in Genesis 1 (presumaby with a mouth). God walked in the garden in Genesis 3:8 (presumably with legs). Is God human? No: Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that he should lie".

Angels do not have bodies.

Can you cite anything that corroborates this? When Jacob wrestled with an angel, how could he wrestle with something that doesn't have a body? How could the angel touch his hip without a hand?
---StrongAxe on 12/30/15


i agree Cluny, the ignorance is amazing. God is not going to return our blood with our bodies one day as Nicole believes. Also, no one knows for a FACT if Enoch and Elijah are the two witnesses in Revelation 11. Some SPECULATE this idea, and some even SPECULATE, one of the witnesses is Moses. Others say it means the Church and believing Israel. The reading of Rev 11 ..the two olive trees and two lamp stands have brought many different ideas as to who the two witnesses are.

If you feel you must critique and call ignorant others comments, please critique yours and Nicole's as well, lest you leave your own statements open for others to lampoon.
---kathr4453 on 12/30/15


//Nicole, are you positive Elijah is alive?//

2 Kings 2:11
As they walked on conversing, a flaming chariot...

Only humans have legs to walk and mouth to speak. Cluny/////

Cluny, obviously you have difficulty reading and comprehending scripture. 2 Kings 2:11 state while Elijah was still on earth ( hopefully he was a human with legs to walk and a mouth to speak while still on earth) says NOTHING, about any legs or mouth walking around in the chariot or after he arrived in heaven. So your point makes no point at all and does not PROVE, Elijah is still flesh and blood in heaven. Can a sinner in flesh and blood live in the presence of God? The answer: NO NO NO.
---kathr453 on 12/30/15



This is because Adam sinned, and Eve was merely deceived. The sin nature is inherited from the father. ---StrongAxe on 12/28/15


You may want to re-check your Bible history. They both sinned. Eve was the first to sin. She disobeyed and ate the fruit first, then convinced Adam to do the same. The reason sin is inherited from Adam and not Eve is not because Eve didn't sin (she did), but because Adam (being the man) was established by God as the spiritual and governmental head of all the earth, and Eve was not. Had only Eve sinned then only Eve would have been cursed. But because Adam sinned also, all of man-kind as well as all the earth was cursed. Everything that Adam had been given dominion over was cursed.
---Jed on 12/30/15


Send a Free Salvation Tract


The students under Elisha would not believe either and searched for awhile.

Moses and Elisha appeared with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration.

NASB Matthew 17:3
And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 12/30/15


//Nicole, are you positive Elijah is alive?//

2 Kings 2:11
As they walked on conversing, a flaming chariot...

Only humans have legs to walk and mouth to speak.

//When the Lord comes and receives us unto Himself, will we still remain in our human flesh and blood? No.---kathr4453

Revelation 6:9-11
11 Each of them were given a white robe, and they......fellow servants and brothers who were GOING to be KILLED as they HAD BEEN.

Angels do not have bodies.

Or do you not TRUST Jesus when He SAID HE will give back your body if you lose it because of His account?

My Jesus will return my body with it's blood when I am risen from the death by the Power of His VOICE alone.

Karhr, God is ABLE!
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/29/15


\\he was carried up, but what we don't know is whether he is still alive as you insist? Or simply died on the way out. The same with Enoch. \\

Elijah and Enoch are still physically alive in some way that God Himself provides, because they are the two witnesses killed by the Antichrist in Jerusalem.

Our flesh and blood will be changed at the general Resurrection, kathr.

The ignorance of basic Christianity on these blogs amazes me.

Christ is born! Glorify Him!
---Cluny on 12/29/15


Nicole, are you positive Elijah is alive? Does scripture say he is? Or does it just say he was carried off upward? Is there oxygen in heaven? Can you prove there is or isn't? Does God ever once say Elijah is alive in HUMAN FORM in heaven? Again, we know God sent His angels to protect and minister to Elijah, and then he was carried up, but what we don't know is whether he is still alive as you insist? Or simply died on the way out. The same with Enoch.

When the Lord comes and receives us unto Himself, will we still remain in our human flesh and blood? No.
---kathr4453 on 12/29/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Diabetes


Mary was a sinner, just like every one else. (Rom 3:23 says all, means all)
Can anyone here name all the sins they have committed? Of course not. The Bible doesn't record the sins of Mary. So why believe some common-tater saying she didn't sin or didn't die? Mary became unimportant after the birth of Jesus, having nothing to do with our salvation.
---michael_e on 12/28/15


Cluny, you can use that logic till the cows come home, but that logic is illogical if you believe you can add anything to scripture because it isn't in scripture. What do those topics have to do with salvation in the first place? What do any of them have to do with the doctrine of Christ? Scott tissue is also best if you have a septic tank, is not in scripture. But it's also not relevant to salvation, or end times prophesy. Your fictitious doctrine has in fact manipulated end times prophesy and will deceive many. So it isn't quite as innocent as you want others to believe. It's not only a lie, but idolatry and blasphemy.
---kathr4453 on 12/28/15


Nicole, if you can give scripture of one man who didn't die, why can't you give scripture that Mary didn't die?---kathr4453

Noooooooo! We are talking about your posting.

You need to at least ADMIT you are wrong or made an error first.

You wrote this not me:

Every human being born of human parents are born with a fallen nature. One proof is that all will die. Death is the consequence of sin. Mary DIED, proving she too was born a sinner. In Adam ALL DIE, including Mary.---kathr4453 on 12/27/15

Stop jumping around.

I hate it when Protestants start dancing around when CAUGHT saying something wrong.

Please EXPLAIN why Elijah DIDN'T DIE since Death is a consequence of sin according to you?
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/28/15


Nicole_Lacey:

kathr4453 wrote: Every human being born of human parents are born with a fallen nature. One proof is that all will die. Death is the consequence of sin. Mary DIED, proving she too was born a sinner. In Adam ALL DIE, including Mary.

You wrote: Jesus was born of one human person, but not with a fallen nature.

This is because Adam sinned, and Eve was merely deceived. The sin nature is inherited from the father. Mary had a human father (and inherited it), but Jesus did not.
---StrongAxe on 12/28/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Depression


Wait, Catholics believe that Mary didn't even die!!! Whoa! That is a new one for me. This keeps getting richer and richer. I guess they just get to make stuff up as they go along.
---Jed on 12/28/15


kathr, can you give scripture for the multiplication table, using computers, hymnals, altar calls, and revivals?

Christ is born! Glorify Him!
---Cluny on 12/28/15


Nicole, if you can give scripture of one man who didn't die, why can't you give scripture that Mary didn't die? Enoch was also translated. Yet we see no mention through out history of any apparitions of either of these. If as some believe Enoch and Elijah are the two witnesses in Rev 11, they will have to die then won't they. And just because they were translated out says nothing about either being sinless.

If the assumption of Mary is so vitally important, scripture would in fact testify to it. The Ascension of Jesus was witnessed and recorded at the beginning of Acts, noted He will return in like manner. There is no reason to keep such doctrine about Mary HIDDEN. As ALL that was hidden is now made known.
---kathr4453 on 12/28/15


Nicole, all humans from Adam and Eve are born with a fallen sin nature. Even Mary. Mary was not born sinless. That is impossible. For that to be so, her parents would have to be sinless, and sinless all the way back to Adam. There is no record of any blood line through the line of Judah, including David recorded as sinless. Both David and Bathsheba are in fact the great great great grandparents...however many greats..Of Mary. She is the one who is of the seed of David. And scripture is very clear Jesus is of the seed of David. We know David sinned, as did Bathsheba. To deny she is of the seed of David is to claim ANOTHER MARY NOT FOUND IN SCRIPTURE. ...making YOUR MARY, not the Mary of scripture.
---kathr4453 on 12/27/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Study


Every human being born of human parents are born with a fallen nature. One proof is that all will die. Death is the consequence of sin. Mary DIED, proving she too was born a sinner. In Adam ALL DIE, including Mary.---kathr4453 on 12/27/15

You wrote 2 mistakes.

1. Jesus was born of one human person, but not with a fallen nature.

2. Give Scripture of Mary's death? It isn't in your Bible nor my Bible.

In fact, I can give you Scripture of one man who DIDN'T die.

Are you claiming he was sinless?

2 Kings 2:11

Elijah was ESCORTED into Heaven ALIVE while he was talking.

So please don't come back saying he was asleep. The man was talking to Elisha while he was taken.

Please explain.
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/27/15


No one needs to give a list of sins to show one to be a sinner. Every human being born of human parents are born with a fallen nature. One proof is that all will die. Death is the consequence of sin. Mary DIED, proving she too was born a sinner. In Adam ALL DIE, including Mary.

Jesus Christ DIED IN OUR PLACE, and through HIS DEATH, gives eternal life to sinners who have put their faith in HIS finished works at the cross, including Mary. She also was in the upper room and received the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. If she were sinless, there was no need for her to be there. And no mention of Mary since that day.
---kathr4453 on 12/27/15


A number of good points. I have not disagreements with the recent posts.

Hope for a Happy New Year to all.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 12/27/15


Cluny, "For ALL have sinned, and come short of the Glory of GOD."

ROMANS 3:23
---Gordon on 12/18/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Verses


/What sins did the Virgin Mary commit?\
-I don't think any of us believe that "If it's not in the Bible, it didn't happen."
The Bible does say that "all have sinned", and does exclude Jesus, "who knew no sin."
There are many people in the Bible that sins they committed were not recorded, yet we understand that they are not excluded from "all."
---micha9344 on 12/18/15


I am quite sure that the woman,Mary,who found favor with God enough to become His only Son's mother is enabled to resist any and all sin by God's power. She evidently was already totally serving God when He choose her,how much stronger she could be to not sin with God's favor resting upon her to strengthen her and to keep herself from sin. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 12/18/15


\\But she might have doubted her son and wanted to save him from himself.
\\

I'm sure that if back then she were quizzed about Chalcedonian Christology, she might well have replied, "Huh?"

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 12/18/15


Good points Cluny and StrongAx.

The Bible never speaks of Mary sinning. But she might have doubted her son and wanted to save him from himself.

Mark 3.
---Samuelbb7 on 12/18/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Arthritis


Not all crimes are sins.

Not all sins are crimes.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 12/17/15


yon6878:

You wrote: She abandoned her child Jesus. One gets in trouble for leaving children unattended. Of such, we have the Christmas classic, "Home Alone". Certainly, it is a crime to leave your children unattended. Here too, Mary commits a modern crime.

Where did you get the idea that she abandoned her child?

Also, it is unfair to judge people by standards that might be adopted by societies centuries after they are alive - i.e. how can someone who lived 2000 years ago be guilty of a "modern crime", when these modern laws (let alone the societies that passed them) did not even exist then?
---StrongAxe on 12/16/15


Bill said, "possibly sinning by interrupting Jesus while He was ministering > Mark 3:31-35."

Can anyone interrupt God? An interruption is a surprise. How can anyone surprise God when He knows everything?

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 12/15/15


She abandoned her child Jesus. One gets in trouble for leaving children unattended. Of such, we have the Christmas classic, "Home Alone". Certainly, it is a crime to leave your children unattended. Here too, Mary commits a modern crime.
---yon6878 on 12/15/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Asthma


"What sins did the Virgin Mary commit?" That's irrelevant, for "the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe." Gal 3:22
---Josef on 12/15/15


Hebrews 4:15 says Jesus lived on this earth "without sin". But nowhere does the Bible say Mary lived "without sin". And she was not God in the flesh. So, she could be included in "all have sinned".

But there is no obvious sin which the Bible says she did. But there was that time when Mary with the brothers of Jesus went to where He was teaching and called to Him from outside . . . possibly sinning by interrupting Jesus while He was ministering > Mark 3:31-35. Why did they come to Him, instead of already being with Jesus to hear Him teach? Possibly, Mark 3:20-22 shows they were insecure because of how people were talking about Jesus. It is sin to worry about what others think, when they are wrong.
---Bill on 12/15/15


Confess ones' sins???
Explain these verses:

Luke 5:18-20
18 Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.

When Jesus saw their faith, he said, Friend, your sins are forgiven.

WHAT?

No one CONFESSED their SINS esp. the ONE on the mat who sins Jesus forgave!!!

In fact, they should have been charged with breaking and entering.

The Faith, Jesus saw were their deeds.

Action done by men determined to force Jesus to heal their friend.

Explain?
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/13/15


\\Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
\\

I've dealt with these verses early in this blog, but I'll recap here.

In Jewish thought, one was saved and redeemed by being part of the saved and redeemed people, not by confessing one's sinfulness and accepting YVHVH into one's heart as one's "personal savior" (a phrase nowhere in the Bible).

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 12/13/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Cholesterol


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Since no sins are recorded in the Bible it is proof Mary didn't sin!

This doesn't follow logically. The Bible doesn't mention sins for most of the people mentioned in it either. Does that make all of those sinless? No, because "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God".
---StrongAxe on 12/12/15


Cluny, the scriptures do not tell us what sin Mary committed, but we know she was a sinner based upon the following scriptures:

Luke 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
Luke 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary declares Christ to be her Saviour, thus declaring her need for a saviour. If she had been sinless she would have no need for a saviour when judged by God.
---trey on 12/12/15


///Everyone should know that Nicole is Cluny so take all the comments with a grain of salt.
---Jimbo on 12/12/15///

Yes Jimbo, you may be right. There are some crafty folk here on CN who practice deception religiously. They've probably created more puppet like characters/personalities than Jim Henson. :)
---Leon on 12/13/15


Jimbo:

You wrote: Everyone should know that Nicole is Cluny

Have you even paid attention to their writing styles? They are completely different. Cluny is very particular about spelling and grammar (and frequently nitpicks errors by others), while Nicole often makes spelling and grammar errors (not a big problem. This is not a grammar blog).


Cluny wrote: "... sin nature" (an unbiblical concept).

One thing drilled into me in Sunday School was "Original sin" - which is precisely the idea of "sin nature" - i.e. we are predisposed to sin, even if we (e.g. babies) have never actually committed any yet. If it's unbiblical for Protestants, it's unbiblical for Catholics as well.
---StrongAxe on 12/12/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Lasik Surgery


Nicole is Cluny so take all the comments with a grain of salt.---Jimbo

That's a first.

Thanks Jimbo, but Cluny may not be too happy esp with my grammar, spelling and math problems.

Also, Cluny is a man and I am a woman.


You must be new on CN?

You missed Cluny and my debate about which was first the RCC or Orthodox.

He states the RCC left the Orthodox Church in 1054 and opposite with for me.

We decided to be polite to each other and keep our own beliefs.

Ask StongAxe and Samuel.

I asked what sins she committed.--Cluny on 12/12/15

Since no sins are recorded in the Bible it is proof Mary didn't sin!

Great question Cluny, Sorry, my mistake I meant to say Self.
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/12/15


\\I cannot tell you what sin Mary committed but I can tell you she was a sinner because she is dead.\\

Give scripture, please.

Where does her body lie?

Be specific, please.

You might find it interesting that Martin Luther's last public sermon was on the Feast of the Assumption.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 12/12/15


What part of "all" omits Mary?

Everyone should know that Nicole is Cluny so take all the comments with a grain of salt.
---Jimbo on 12/12/15


Nicole, do you know what makes me upset. It makes me upset that you state things that are not scriptural.

Here is scripture:
Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

I don't mean to seem harsh, but Mary is dead because Adam's sin (original sin) was passed unto her as well.

Christ died because he was our sin bearer.

I cannot tell you what sin Mary committed but I can tell you she was a sinner because she is dead.

Again, give me scripture to support your claims and I'll change my mind. If you don't have scripture you have nothing.
---trey on 12/12/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Bullion


It's curious that nobody has answered the question I asked to start this blog.

I didn't ask if she were a sinner or had original sin or a "sin nature" (an unbiblical concept).

I asked what sins she committed.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 12/12/15


Pardon me for joining into the discussion but here is what the Bible verse says, 2 Corinthians 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our own behalf,so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 12/12/15


How do the scriptures contradict me? The Bible says that all have sinned, save Messiah himself.---Jed on 12/11/15

You did it again my friend.

You are chopping and bending verses together.
I notice you didn't give chapter and verse.

Give the exact verse please, because you are assuming in which you won't allow others to assume or the RCC.


Micha and Trey please don't get upset. Just stop binding yourself to what isn't in the Scripture.

'Only Scripture' isn't possible.

That is your true frustration.

You are mad because I am following the Bible and not your ill advice.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/11/15


Yes, Nicole, the Bible is historical records, documents.
Those same documents show "all have sinned" and Jesus "without sin."
/According that logic of interpretation of 2Cor 5:21 you are saying Jesus is sin to make us no longer be sinful.\
No interpretation, just scripture. I can't explain your interpretation.
/I am taught by the RCC by Her Traditions and The Holy Scriptures...\-Nicole_Lacey on 12/11/15
If tradition conflicts with scripture, which is wrong?
The passages are plain.
It has been shown that "all have sinned" with no denial.
It has also been shown that Jesus was "without sin" with no denial.
No documentation of Mary being sinless has yet to be presented.
---micha9344 on 12/11/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Menopause


1)There is no scriptural support that Mary was saved at conception.
We could honestly say that John the Baptist was saved before birth. His leaping for joy signifies the work of the Holy Spirit, i.e. his new birth even before his natural birth.
2)There is also no scriptural evidence that Mary was different from the rest of the human race other than her being chosen by God to bear the Savior.
3) Mary did not remain a virgin.

Concerning salvation, all God's children were saved from a covenant standpoint before the foundation of the world.
The work of salvation was fulfilled legally in the complete and finished work of Christ upon the cross.
The finished work of Christ is applied to us when we are born again.
---trey on 12/11/15



o when we point out how it can't be your only guide because the words contradict you: this is when you what to LAUGH OUT LOUD???
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/10/15


How do the scriptures contradict me? The Bible says that all have sinned, save Messiah himself. Where does it say that Mary is exempt from this? Where does the Bible say that Mary never sinned? My beliefs go off of scripture only. Only your extra-biblical man made catholic traditions contradict me. I'm not interested in any of that garbage.
---Jed on 12/11/15


Micha9344, are you calling the Bible a document?

The only documents stating what you said is the CCC.
Not the Bible.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin,..

So, the He is guess you are saying is Jesus.
According that logic of interpretation of 2Cor 5:21 you are saying Jesus is sin to make us no longer be sinful.

I am taught by the RCC by Her Traditions and The Holy Scriptures (some thinks are funny) to proclaim that Jesus never became sinful or was sinful. But DIED for the sins caused by us.

So please explained by Scripture only (because faith handed down by Tradition outside of the Bible you don't believe) how Jesus because sinful to save our sinfulness?
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/11/15


LOL. The old "if the Bible doesn't specifically say 'ABC', then 'XYZ' must be true" logic.---Jed on 12/10/15

LOL, REALLY?

See how you all treat the Bible?

You use it for your debate points telling Catholics it is your only guide.

So when we point out how it can't be your only guide because the words contradict you: this is when you what to LAUGH OUT LOUD???

How dare you?

I not laughing.

The Scriptures are Holy.

That's why Jesus said don't throw your pearls to swine.

" A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing".--Oscar Wilde
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/10/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Penpals


The same documents that claims "all have sinned" excludes Jesus.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.
1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
1Jo 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins, and in him is no sin.
-Now let the documentation of Mary's exclusion be presented.
---micha9344 on 12/10/15


LOL. The old "if the Bible doesn't specifically say 'ABC', then 'XYZ' must be true" logic. Come on, Cluny, you're smarter than that. The Bible doesn't discuss the sins of most people mentioned in scriptures. Does that mean all those people never sinned just because the Bible doesn't talk about it? Of course not. The Bible does, however, make it clear that all are sinners, and doesn't exclude Mary from this anywhere in scripture. It does however specifically exclude Jesus, as we are told in several places that Jesus knew no sin. The Bible never says any such thing about Mary, not even once. So, as Bible believers, we must conclude that Mary was not without sin. Jesus is.
---Jed on 12/10/15


No Jimbo, the point Cluny is telling you is that your own words doesn't add up.

First answer Cluny's question since he asked you first.

He wasn't speaking about Mary, I was and answered you.

What part of the Bible states 'only Bible'? It doesn't. So do answers Cluny question about the Bible Verse you quoted?


//What part of "all" omits Jesus, Jimbo?

Glory to Jesus Christ! ---Cluny on 12/10/15
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/10/15


What part of "all" omits Mary?
---Jimbo on 12/10/15


Read These Insightful Articles About Accounting


What part of "all" omits Jesus, Jimbo?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 12/10/15


Where in the Bible does it says Mary was Saved at conception?
---Jimbo on 12/10/15


Wait a minute, maybe all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God?--Jimbo on 12/10/15

That's why Mary was Saved at her conception
---Nicole_Lacey on 12/10/15


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.