ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

24 Hour Earth Spin

Is there anybody here who can show me (with BCV, please), that God ordained that the Earth would spin on its axis in 24 hours?

Join Our Free Penpals and Take The Creationism Quiz
 ---Monk_Brendan on 1/18/16
     Helpful Blog Vote (4)

Post a New Blog



\\However I believe the men were inspired and not the exact words. What is referred to as thought inspiration. Instead of dictation.\\

I agree, Samuel.

It's the MESSAGE that is inspired.

Otherwise, the Bible could not be translated, and we'd be like the mahometans, who say that the Coran can be understood only in Arabic.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 2/1/16


Cluny asked, "Do you understand the difference?"

Actually sir, I believe the real question is do you understand??

I am addressing Brendan's Statement where he said, "It was written by men, not as in taking dictation from God,"

The church never denied that the Scriptures are, "Theopneustos.", but the heretics did without reluctance.

BTW, I never said you said that the evangelists were inspired because they were not, only what they wrote is "Theopneustos." "Divinely Inspired." "Divinely Authoritative."
---john9346 on 2/1/16


Brendan states, "With many copyists, and translations, it is impossible to find the Hebrew texts of Moses and/or the Greek texts of Matthew."

Well actually, the more manuscripts reconstruct the "Originals."

There are about 53000 or more manuscripts of the Scriptures which takes us in about 50 years of the "Originals."

As a monk who does much study, and I respect a man who seeks the truth I would like to recommend an excellent book to help you better understand this questioning.

New Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh Mcdowell
---john on 2/1/16


\\The only individuals in history who denied that the Scriptures were, "Theopneustos." "Divinely Inspired." were labeled heretics by the church.
---john9346 on 1/31/16\\

I didn't say the Evangelists were not divinely inspired.

I simply said they never said they were.

Do you understand the difference?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/31/16


I agree that copyist errors have crept in.

But many translation don't add errors. A translation is where people look at the original language and then translate it into another language. Hebrew into english.

Each translations may have problems. There is no cumulative effect.

There are misunderstanding due to those Bible which are Translations. Those which are dynamic translations and then paraphrases.

Also words change meaning a little from age to age.

However I believe the men were inspired and not the exact words. What is referred to as thought inspiration. Instead of dictation. Which is why I am fine with translations. But Muslims hate them. They believe the exact words are given by GOD.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 2/1/16




John 9346 said, "The only individuals in history who denied that the Scriptures were, "Theopneustos." "Divinely Inspired." were labeled heretics by the church."

I have said, and I mean that the Bible is the inerrant word of God, but even if God was dictation to Matthew or Moses, then those particular scrolls would be the only Bible without error. With many copyists, and translations, it is impossible to find the Hebrew texts of Moses and/or the Greek texts of Matthew.

Monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/31/16


Cluny and brendan,

The only individuals in history who denied that the Scriptures were, "Theopneustos." "Divinely Inspired." were labeled heretics by the church.
---john9346 on 1/31/16


\\Sir, ever read the words in the gospels, "Jesus Said, Jesus Said, Jesus Said." this means "Theopneustos." "Divinely Inspired."
---john9346 on 1/31/16\\

I frequently quote Our Savior on these blogs, but I don't claim to be receiving dictation from God.

Neither did the evangelists.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/31/16


\\not to the sun-worshipping, spiritualistic, cannibalistic, pagan church fathers who would begin to come in the next century\\

Please name one sun-worshipping Church father.

\\YOU are a liberal Democrat which means you are in favor of abortion.\\

Liar.

I'm a registered Republican and I am strongly pro-life.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/31/16


Cluny said, "The trouble is that Arius claimed Sola Scriptura, too."

So not to confuse the viewers please give us a cite or quotation of this claim?

Cluny states,"john, nowhere do the evangelists in the Gospels say they believe they were divine inspired."

Sir, ever read the words in the gospels, "Jesus Said, Jesus Said, Jesus Said." this means "Theopneustos." "Divinely Inspired."
---john9346 on 1/31/16




cluny: "Then why does St. Paul say this, Samuel?"

Because he is instructing the Thessalonians to adhere to his (Paul's) teachings in word and letter - not to the sun-worshipping, spiritualistic, cannibalistic, pagan church fathers who would begin to come in the next century. Note that the Bereans were accounted more noble because they CHECKED PAULS WRITINGS BY THE OLD TESTAMENT (Sola Scriptura).

This still isn't on topic, and no, my denomination doesn't embrace abortion because some liberal gets access to a website. Come to think of it, YOU are a liberal Democrat which means you are in favor of abortion.


---jerry6593 on 1/31/16


Then why does St. Paul say this, Samuel?

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Notice that he says "by word" (oral) before he mentions "our epistle" (written).

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/30/16


A person can claim Sola Scriptora. But they ignore the scriptures that disagree with what they want to believe.

That still goes on today.

What is forbidden is to make traditions equal or a higher authority then Scripture.

The Jews then and today accept their traditions as the final authority on what scripture means.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 1/29/16


\\Remember, the council of Niciea acted on Scripture Alone for the actions taken against Arius.\\

The trouble is that Arius claimed Sola Scriptura, too.

**False, please show an author of Scripture who didn't believe what they wrote was "Theopneustos, inspired, Divinely Authoritative."
---john on 1/28/16**

john, nowhere do the evangelists in the Gospels say they believe they were divine inspired. In fact, St. Luke said he carefully investigate the facts of Jesus's life and ministry, gathering information other people gave him.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/29/16


\\cluny: EARTH SPIN RATE! Try to keep up.
---jerry6593 on 1/29/1\\

Once more, jerry doesn't deny that his sect is pro-choice.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/29/16


Brendan,

If you start with the presupposition, "It was written by men, not as in taking dictation from God," then all you have is just an opinion "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ABSOLUTE TRUTH."

This means there is know way to know True Doctrine from false , a hero from a heretic,furthermore, the council of Niciea condemning Arius was just an opinion, it was wrong for the council to condemn Arius.

Remember, the council of Niciea acted on Scripture Alone for the actions taken against Arius.
---john9346 on 1/28/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Ecommerce


cluny: EARTH SPIN RATE! Try to keep up.




---jerry6593 on 1/29/16


Brendan said, "How can you say such a thing when in the previous paragraph I have stated that the Bible in the inerrant word of God?"

Well sir, when you stated, "It was written by men, not as in taking dictation from God," this statement denies the authority of Scripture fundamentally...

When the authors of the Scriptures wrote, "Thus Says The Lord." "God Said." "Jesus Said." "The Spirit says."

These statements alone mean "Inspiration." "Divine Authority." and not engaging in intellect, experience and passions.
---john9346 on 1/28/16


Cluny states, "The message is what is inspired, not the very words."

False, please show an author of Scripture who didn't believe what they wrote was "Theopneustos, inspired, Divinely Authoritative."
---john on 1/28/16


\\John 9346 said, "Well Sir, they did view what they wrote as taking dictation from God that is what "Theopneustos." God Breathed means.\\

The message is what is inspired, not the very words.

God worked through the vocabularies and styles and knowledge of the authors.

Otherwise, the Greek of Revelation would be as elegant as that of Luke and Acts, whereas it is really the most ungrammatical book of the Bible.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/28/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Jewelry


John 9346 said, "Well Sir, they did view what they wrote as taking dictation from God that is what "Theopneustos." God Breathed means.

...but if you say the authors of the bible did not believe that what they wrote was, "Theopneustos Dictations from God."


I didn't say that. If you engage your intellect, experience and passions into something that God has told you to write, you absolutely have to believe it.

"...then you just fundamentally answered your own question by denying the bible."

How can you say such a thing when in the previous paragraph I have stated that the Bible in the inerrant word of God?

Monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/28/16


jerry, refute this:

\\The final decision whether to terminate the pregnancy or not should be made by the pregnant woman after appropriate consultation. She should be aided in her decision by accurate information, biblical principles, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. \\

It's from the SDA site, giving YOUR church's policy on pre-natal infanticide.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/28/16


cluny: You poor little boy. Yes, I've refuted all your childish arguments many times.

I watched you recently excoriate someone over a misspelled word. And now you do the same thing with "argumenets". And this even with a spell checker active. What a hypocrite you are!

Grow up, will you.



---jerry6593 on 1/28/16


Brendan said, "
I have no doubts about the Bible. It is the inerrant Word of God that was given by inspiration (God breathed) of the Holy Spirit. It was written by men, not as in taking dictation from God, but filtered by their own love of God, their experiences, passions, etc.

Well Sir, they did view what they wrote as taking dictation from God that is what "Theopneustos." God Breathed means.

Not sure of what question you are referring to, but if you say the authors of the bible did not believe that what they wrote was, "Theopneustos Dictations from God." then you just fundamentally answered your own question by denying the bible.
---john9346 on 1/27/16


Send a Free Good Morning Ecard


\\Cluny: Grow up, will you? Check the blog topic and stick to that rather than hurling childish insults.\\

Notice you don't deny or try to refute what I said.

You simply indulge in ad hominem argumenets.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/27/16


John 9346 said, "The doubt and uncertainty you seem to have about the bible is not shared by the church fathers:"

I have no doubts about the Bible. It is the inerrant Word of God that was given by inspiration (God breathed) of the Holy Spirit. It was written by men, not as in taking dictation from God, but filtered by their own love of God, their experiences, passions, etc.

Now, enough of calling me names and questioning my faith. I try very hard not to question yours. Please answer the question.

Monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/27/16


In reference to what I last posted, I would like to reconsider the use of the words "new beginning."

'Beginning' here was meant as "a" beginning as may be used in many situations but to be distinguished from "THE beginning" in Gen 1:1, the first. Simply using "recreation" may be best.
---Chria9396 on 1/27/16


monk: Now here is a strange thing! You, as a supposed man of God, question the accuracy of the inspired writings of Moses, but not those of "scientists" of whom you know nothing. It appears that your final authority rests on your superior - who is also a mere, fallible man.

Since you have no faith in the Word of God, we have no common ground from which to debate. Goodbye. I'll pray for you.



Cluny: Grow up, will you? Check the blog topic and stick to that rather than hurling childish insults.



---jerry6593 on 1/27/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Furniture


Brendan,

The doubt and uncertainty you seem to have about the bible is not shared by the church fathers:

For your information:

"These are the fountains of salvation, that they who thirst may be satisfied with the living words they contain. In these alone is proclaimed the doctrine of godliness."

Athanasius

"We have learned from none others the plan of our salvation, than from those through whom the gospel has come down to us, which they did at one time proclaim in public, and, at a later period, by the will of God, handed down to us in the Scriptures, to be the ground and pillar of our faith."

Ireneus
---john9346 on 1/27/16


Brendan said, "With that in mind, I cannot say for certain that what Moses wrote down some 3,000 years ago is what actually happened, or how long it took."

Sir, The problem you have is Moses was certain that what he wrote was theopneustos (God Breathed." and did happen.
---john9346 on 1/26/16


You should talk, jerry.

You're a member of a church that thinks there are "Biblical principles" (from your sects web site) that override "Do no murder" and allow for the killing by dismemberment of unborn babies.

Glory to Jesus Christ
---Cluny on 1/26/16


Jerry said, "...And don't you think it strange that a man of God should accept an opinion that is contrary to the Word of God..."

Jerry,I understand the Bible. However, the Bible was written by men (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) who had no real knowledge of astronomy and physics.

With that in mind, I cannot say for certain that what Moses wrote down some 3,000 years ago is what actually happened, or how long it took.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/26/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Laptops


Correction to previous post,

"We see in Gen 2 that the serpent existed." Gen 2 should be Gen 3


It seems to me that a recreation may be implied by a complete creation in verse 1 and the evidence of darkness and void in verse 2.

In vs 3 "Let THERE be light" has been assumed to mean a creation of light, however could be seen as a command that light be THERE, as in that place of dark(-ness). "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." "There", in that place/time.
References to light in verses 3-5 refer to light that already existed. A recreation could be a new beginning and it would make sense that light would be Gods first command in a new beginning or recreation.
---Chria9396 on 1/26/16


Cluny,
I want to remind you of the following:


"Those who do not have good arguments or verses for their views. Often resort to juvenile remarks, snide comments and personal attacks."
---john9346 on 1/26/16


john9346, PLEASE learn to spell the word "liTeral" correctly.

There is NOT a double T in it.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/25/16


Jerry,

Seraphim Rose agrees with the bible that in Genesis 1 the word "Day." were 24 litteral days.

Also, Basil and Ambrose were not apostates they believed (Sola Scriptura."

Basil and Ambrose were Christians who lived about 1700-2000 years ago they made Great Contributions to "The Faith." meaning "Christianity."

Christianity has existed for 2000 years ago with history and heritage that only God alone can preserve "All Praise Be Ye He."
---john9346 on 1/25/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Lawyer


\\Who cares what a bunch of dead apostates said?\\

You do. You care greatly what EGW said, and she was not only an apostate, but a medium who channelled religious spirits.

Why are you a member of a pro-choice church, jerry?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/25/16


Cluny,

see below:

Seraphim Rose, Russian orthodox scholar and monk

"As a matter of facteven though it looks as though it might be terribly fundamentalistic to say itthe Holy Fathers do say that those Days were twenty-four hours long. St. Ephraim the Syrian even divides them into two periods, twelve hours each. St. Basil the Great says that, in the book of Genesis, the First Day is called not the first day but one day"
---john9346 on 1/24/16


"Because that is the one day by which God measured out the entire rest of the creation, that is, this First Day, which he says was twenty-four hours long, is exactly the same day which is repeated in the rest of creation."

"The Holy Fathers say again with one voice that the creative acts of God are instantaneous. St. Basil the Great, St. Ambrose the Great, St. Ephraim and many others say that,"

"None of the Holy Fathers say that the creation was slow."

Seraphim Rose,

Russian Orthodox Scholar and monk.
---john on 1/24/16


Who cares what a bunch of dead apostates said? Jesus wrote:

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.


---jerry6593 on 1/25/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Dedicated Hosting


\\He even went on to state that most of the eastern church fathers held to a litteral 24 hour day of creation.
---john9346 on 1/24/\\

That means that some didn't.

St. Basil said that believe in atoms and molecules--part of modern chemistry and physics since at least the time of Lavoisier--is atheism. Would you agree with that today?

I have not read that book by Blessed Seraphim, though I've read several others.

BTW--did you not read where I posted there is not a double T in "liTeral"?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/24/16


Cluny states, "And elsewhere, Blessed Seraphim Rose (as most Orthodox call him) did not side with a 6 24 hour day creation."

Sir, have you read the book?

Seraphim Rose taught a litteral 24 hour day of creation in the book "Genesis, Creation and Early Man."

He even went on to state that most of the eastern church fathers held to a litteral 24 hour day of creation.
---john9346 on 1/24/16


monk: "I can understand the basics,... Nor can I defend my opinion, as I do not have the technical knowledge."

OK, what basics do you understand? And don't you think it strange that a man of God should accept an opinion that is contrary to the Word of God that he doesn't understand and can't defend?


"Also, Jesus never commanded a seventh day Sabbath worship."

Jesus was indeed the Lawgiver on Mt. Sinai.

1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.


---jerry6593 on 1/24/16


Jerry said, "What "evidence"? Do you understand it? Can you defend it?"

I can understand the basics, but I am not an astrophysicist, so I don't understand all of the intricacies. Nor can I defend my opinion, as I do not have the technical knowledge.

There are certain things that I am willing to accept, such as stars, sun, moon, etc.

Or do you want me to prove that stars are just holes in a black background, and that the moon and sun whirl around the earth.

If so, this is way beyond the scope of this blog.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/23/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Marketing


Steven G. said, "Monk_Brendan wrote: "Also, Jesus never commanded a seventh day Sabbath worship."

No, but God the Father did."


Where, in the New Testament, did God the Father command a seventh day Sabbath worship? BCV, Please

It is written in Scripture, And lo a voice from heaven, saying, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." Matt 3:17

Also in Matt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, hear ye him.

I'm praying for you,
Monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/23/16


Monk_Brendan wrote: "Also, Jesus never commanded a seventh day Sabbath worship."

No, but God the Father did.

Monk_Brendan wrote: "Then why did it take so long that it took six days? Did He stutter?"

Oh, ye of little faith. Why do you have the knowledge of God, but deny his power? While the creation story only highlighted the creation, we don't know the details of what God was planning and what he created.
---Steveng on 1/22/16


\\Seraphim Rose a Russian Orthodox Scholar had this to say when discussing genesis 1 regarding the word Day (Yom.)\\

And elsewhere, Blessed Seraphim Rose (as most Orthodox call him) did not side with a 6 24 hour day creation.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/22/16


monk "I base my opinion of a multi-billion year old universe because of the scientific evidence that has come forward."

What "evidence"? Do you understand it? Can you defend it?

You seem to have no problem believing the Bible's account of creation while at the same time believing "evidence" that contradicts it. That's called cognitive dissonance.


---jerry6593 on 1/23/16


Read These Insightful Articles About VoIP Service


Yowm, interpretation may depend upon whether or not one sees evening and morning as defining words or descriptive words. Looking into the meaning and usage of these words might help.
If one believes the creation account literally and without considering the possibility of a re-creation, then darkness was before light (in/on earth), as verified by vs 2.-5. We know what God created was good, so where did the darkness come from? We know that light in vs 1-5 can be distinguished from the lights in vs 14-19 as well as division of light and day in vs 4 and 14vs 4 first day, vs 14-19 4th day.
We see in Gen 2 that the serpent existed. When did the serpent come into being in considering all of gen 1 and 2?
---Chria9396 on 1/23/16


Brendan said, "I base my opinion of a multi-billion year old universe because of the scientific evidence that has come forward."

Are you aware that the evidence are conflicting "Hypothesis." and at best inconclusive and ambiguous.


Fr Victor P. Warkulwiz Notes, "There is no Ancient Universe)
---john9346 on 1/22/16


Jerry said, "Not true! Long ages of slow development are the very core of his theory. What other reason could you have for denying the clear biblical account of fiat creation?"

I base my opinion of a multi-billion year old universe because of the scientific evidence that has come forward. Note, I say opinion, it has nothing to do with my belief in God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I will happily confess the Nicene Creed to any and all that ask.

BTW, I never said the God did NOT create heaven and earth by His Word, (i.e. fiat creation).

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/22/16


jerry, you are in NO position to tell anyone what Jesus demands as long as you are a member of a pro-choice church.

People, I got this directly from the official SDA web site:

"The final decision whether to terminate the pregnancy or not should be made by the pregnant woman after appropriate consultation."

And just how does this differ from the pro-choice position? Yea, it IS the pro-choice position.

Shame on you, jerry and Samuel. Repent!

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/22/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Settlements


When God created the heaven and earth, He created them as He would have them to be for His obedient children. In order for the day/night cycle to be experienced by His children, He created time.

However, because Adam disobeyed God, God laid a curse on all of us, in which paradise was blocked. Along with paradise, Adam and Eve (and all their descendants) began to age.

Bp. Ussher's calendar is based on our western, human and fallen state. We cannot understand what goes on outside of time. We cannot understand what goes on in heaven. How are we to understand God's existence outside of time, in heaven?
---Monk_Brendan on 1/22/16


Jerry said, "Really? Jesus never commanded Sunday worship, but He did command Seventh-day Sabbath worship."

Really? How about, "But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day."

9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:. (Mat 12:7-9 KJV)

There are many places in the Gospel where Jesus healed people on the Sabbath, and rebuked the Pharisees who complained about it.

Also, Jesus never commanded a seventh day Sabbath worship.

I'm praying for you,
Monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/22/16


We can read in JOHN 11:9

"YAHUSHUA answered, 'Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this World.'"

YAHUSHUA's (JESUS') answer was mostly a reference to a man's spiritual life, but, He, being Creator, used the literal daylight (of the 12-hours of day-time of the 24-hour period of time) as His metaphor to make His point.

But, this shows that there are 12 hours, generally, of daylight of the 24-hour day. Leaving there to be 12 hours of darkness.
---Gordon on 1/22/16


monk: "I worship Jesus Christ, Who rose on the FIRST day of the week."

Really? Jesus never commanded Sunday worship, but He did command Seventh-day Sabbath worship. He also commanded baptism - not Sunday - as the memorial of His resurrection.



"Darwin only spoke about the variations of the species through natural selection. He had nothing to do with hypotheses about the time it took for Creation."

Not true! Long ages of slow development are the very core of his theory. What other reason could you have for denying the clear biblical account of fiat creation?





---jerry6593 on 1/22/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Services


Brendan and cluny,

Seraphim Rose a Russian Orthodox Scholar had this to say when discussing genesis 1 regarding the word Day (Yom.)

"Some rather naive theologians try to say that the Six Days of Creation can be indefinitely long periods, that they can correspond to the different geological strata. This, of course, is nonsense because the geological strata do not have six easily identifiable layers, or five or four or anything of the sort. There are many, many layers, and they do not correspond at all to the Six Days of Creation. So that is a very weak accommodation."
---john9346 on 1/21/16


cluny asked:


Does this mean the "Day of the Lord" spoken of in the Hebrew scriptures is only 24 hours long?

no

When Jesus said, "Abraham rejoiced to see My day," it was only 24 hours long?

no

Echoing the Psalter, St. Peter wrote, "A day with the Lord is as 1000 years, and 1000 years as one day." Does this mean 24 hours equals 1000 years?

no

And are you claiming that the long day of Joshua was still only 24 hours long?

yes
---john9346 on 1/21/16


Brendan and cluny,

Fr Victor P. Warkulwiz (roman catholic priest) has this to say about the word day in genesis 1.


"If Moses wished to convey periods of time measured in millennia, as theistic evolutionists would have us believe, he could have certainly done it much more clearly and effectively in other words. For example, he could have used the Hebrew word olam, which means a long indefinite time."
---john on 1/21/16


Jerry said, "Finally, who do you worship? The God of the Seventh-day Sabbath or Charles Darwin?"

I worship Jesus Christ, Who rose on the FIRST day of the week.

As I have said before, Darwin was a loon!

Why do you have a problem in separating Darwin (whom I do NOT worship, and never will) from the amount of time that it took for Creation. Darwin only spoke about the variations of the species through natural selection. He had nothing to do with hypotheses about the time it took for Creation.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/21/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Stores


Steven G said, " For those of you who think that God could not have taken six days to create the whole universe consider this: God spoke everything into existence. In other words he spoke and it appeared."

Then why did it take so long that it took six days? Did He stutter?
---Monk_Brendan on 1/21/16


\\Sir, you were provided the verses and I would ask you to do study of the word "Yom." in the Hebrew and then you will have your answer.
---john9346 on 1/20/16\\

Does this mean the "Day of the Lord" spoken of in the Hebrew scriptures is only 24 hours long?

When Jesus said, "Abraham rejoiced to see My day," it was only 24 hours long?

Echoing the Psalter, St. Peter wrote, "A day with the Lord is as 1000 years, and 1000 years as one day." Does this mean 24 hours equals 1000 years?

And are you claiming that the long day of Joshua was still only 24 hours long?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/21/16


For those of you who think that God could not have taken six days to create the whole universe consider this: God spoke everything into existence. In other words he spoke and it appeared.

Also, read all of the miracles Jesus performed. How long would it take for evolution to turn water into wine? How long would it take for man to make wine? How long would it take for the weather to calm? How long would it take for evolution or event today's doctors to heal the sick people? How long would it take for evolution to bring a dead body back to life within minutes?

You have the knowledge of God, but deny his power.
---Steveng on 1/20/16


monk: "First off, if everyone on these blogs who believes in six 24 hour days as the time of Creation, then why do they not believe in what God said in Isaiah 58?"

Why don't you believe:

Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day, and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable, and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, ....
Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD, and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Finally, who do you worship? The God of the Seventh-day Sabbath or Charles Darwin?


---jerry6593 on 1/21/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Business Training


Brendan states, "I said, ""There is NO Scripture where God defines the length of a day/night as 24 hours as we measure time."

Sir, you were provided the verses and I would ask you to do study of the word "Yom." in the Hebrew and then you will have your answer.
---john9346 on 1/20/16


I said, ""There is NO Scripture where God defines the length of a day/night as 24 hours as we measure time."

First off, if everyone on these blogs who believes in six 24 hour days as the time of Creation, then why do they not believe in what God said in Isaiah 58?

God lives outside of time. He created time. Is He not capable of keeping plants alive for billions of years if He chooses? As basic science has stated, space/time is fluid. Otherwise, God could not have stopped the sun for Joshua.

Finally, who do you worship? The Creator (God) or the creation (Time). I choose to worship God.

Pray for me,
the unworthy monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/20/16


\\ Because the pope says so? \\

Which pope said so, jerry?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/20/16


Brendan states, "There is NO Scripture where God defines the length of a day/night as 24 hours as we measure time."

"So far as I know, there is no professor of Hebrew or Old Testament at any world-class university who does not believe that the writer(s) of Gen. 111 intended to convey to their readers the ideas that (a) creation took place in a series of six days which were the same as the days of 24 hours we now experience (b)"

James Barr of Oxford University, (Hebrew Scholar)

"For the biblical people this was history, difficult as it is for us to accept this view."

Emanuel Tov
Hebrew University Jerusalem
---john9346 on 1/20/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Software


monk: "And those 6 days may have been billions of years long."

Why? Because the pope says so? If you have any common sense left, please consider the following:

1) The plants and animals created in the midst of creation week would not survive a 1/2 billion year day or night - they'd either burn up or freeze.

2) If the earth's rotation rate increased suddenly, the acceleration would kill the life on the planet surface.

3) At the current rate that the earth's rotation is slowing, the planet would have flown apart due to centrifugal force if it were millions of years old.

Why give up common sense and intellectual integrity just to satisfy the ravings of Crazy Uncle Charlie?

---jerry6593 on 1/20/16


Correct the Bible does not define an exact day.
---Samuelbb7 on 1/19/16


Monk_Brendan wrote: And those 6 days may have been billions of years long."

The problem with "BCV"s is that today's over educated people will interpret every single verse his or her own way - as they are reading it instead of the context in which it belongs. BCVs were created only 300 years ago.

As for the billions of years: if God created the earth last week man with his measuring devices and computers would still calculate the earth as billions of years.

---Steveng on 1/19/16


Brendan states, "Just because God defined the terms day, night, etc. doesn't mean that such a day was 24 hours long."

The word in Gen 1 is the word yom which is litteral see Gen 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31, and 2:2.
---john9346 on 1/19/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Advertising


Micha said, "No, and yet it happens today....
God ordained the day to have a daytime, a nighttime, a morning, and an evening all in Gen 1:5."


Just because God defined the terms day, night, etc. doesn't mean that such a day was 24 hours long.

There is NO Scripture where God defines the length of a day/night as 24 hours as we measure time.

When God created the world, He declared it good. And those 6 days may have been billions of years long. However, when Adam fell, the very ground was cursed, and Adam was told he would have to gain his food by the sweat of his brow.

It is fallen man, living on a fallen world that now rotates around its axis in 24 of what fallen man calls hours.
---Monk_Brendan on 1/19/16


/Is there anybody here who can show me (with BCV, please), that God ordained that the Earth would spin on its axis in 24 hours?\-Monk_Brendan on 1/18/16
No, and yet it happens today.
It happened during the time of Christ.
Did it not happen for Moses?, Abraham?, Noah?, Adam?
God ordained the day to have a daytime, a nighttime, a morning, and an evening all in Gen 1:5.
If man, later, broke that day into 24 hour segments, would that change the length of the day God ordained?
Remember, Christ accepted the use of hours (John 11:9).
We know what the "6th" and "9th" hours mean (Mat 27:45).
What reason is there not to believe God meant "one rotation of the Earth" when He defined a day?
---micha9344 on 1/19/16


Scripture doesn't speak concerning the earths rotation. We know from astronomy that it does complete its rotation in approximately 24 hours, therefore that rotation has to be ordained or that would not be the standard. You asked elsewhere,"are we supposed to take everything that the Bible says exactly as it says it, or are we allowed a little wiggle room?" The Bible says that Joshua said, "Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon,.... And the sun stood still,...." Although the statement is true, wiggle room is allowed in our understanding, and receiving this to mean, that was the earth not the sun, that miraculously stood still for Joshua, based on astronomy and the observations thereof.
---josef on 1/19/16


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.