ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Married In God's Eyes

Please give BCV for what a man and woman must do to be really married in God's eyes.

Join Our Free Dating and Take The Dating & Marriage Quiz
 ---Cluny on 1/20/16
     Helpful Blog Vote (5)

Reply to this BlogPost a New Blog



A VOW -------> Malachi 2:14
---RichardC on 8/1/16


Leon, Isaac did not leave his father when he married Rebecca. In fact, he continued to live with the clan in his mother's tent.

Does this mean that Isaac wasn't really married?

Noah's sons and their wives continued to live with the patriarch himself, apparently.

Were Shem, Ham, and Japheth therefore not married?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 7/31/16


Copulate. What does the Bible say?

Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, The two will become one flesh. (1 Corinthians 6:16)

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deuteronomy 22:28-9)

If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife." (Exodus 22:16)
---mike4879 on 4/8/16


///...married in God's eyes[?]///

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24, NKJV)

It's just that simple.
---Leon on 4/4/16


///...married in God's eyes[?]///

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24, NKJV)

It's just that simple.
---Leon on 4/2/16




Lami, please write "and" not merely the letter "n".

If you want to use just one character, there is the ampersand, & , which is usually shift/7.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 3/16/16


To Bro.Samuel from Lami9364 well,he actually has been told exactly like you mention on your blog.I know they have a limit...any way he spent again
I do believe last night at her house again.I really am upset n confused what does she have??
We are supposed be patching our relationship up...he says one thing n does another..he has been repremanded by the Overseer at chuch.He told him you have a good wife..straighten up!
---Lami9364 on 2/13/16


Of course 'Axe. Let's forgive & reset! :)
---Leon on 1/30/16


Leon:

You wrote: Yeah, yeah, yeah! Whatever Axe! Now, will you please stop your whining? Thank you!

I'm just writing in an emotionally neutral manner, not whining, but I'm happy to drop it if you are. When I first saw you on these blogs, I remember having pleasant discussions with you. I would be happy to return to that place again.
---StrongAxe on 1/30/16


///...You accuse ME of being childish, again with words like "dude with issues". It seems more like you are the one with issues, since you aren't discussing rationally, as adults do, but rather think you can get your point across better by using insults.---StrongAxe on 1/30/16///

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Whatever Axe! Now, will you please stop your whining? Thank you!
---Leon on 1/30/16




\\But I have read a number of commentators who say that when a man and woman know each other they are married.\\

Did you know that of the 1000 or so times YADAH is used in the Hebrew, only 10 times does it have carnal significance?

And commentators are always right, aren't they, Samuel?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/30/16


Leon:

You believed Monk_Brendan is acting childishly towards you.

Instead of just saying this, you also use charged words like "pesky", "Neverland", "grow up", and "sonny boy".

I just pointed out that kind of behavior is equally childish (without using any charged language).

You wrote: 'Axe: Really? Yet another passive aggressive swipe at me from another dude with issues. You guys, grow up! smh

You accuse ME of being childish, again with words like "dude with issues". It seems more like you are the one with issues, since you aren't discussing rationally, as adults do, but rather think you can get your point across better by using insults.
---StrongAxe on 1/30/16


I have not read a verse that says this means you are married written in the Bible.

But I have read a number of commentators who say that when a man and woman know each other they are married.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 1/29/16


///Leon:...If some childishly starts throwing mud at you, and you respond by throwing mud back, it's just as childish as they are. You don't show that you're more mature than a child by imitating its behavior.
---StrongAxe on 1/29/16///

'Axe: Really? Yet another passive aggressive swipe at me from another dude with issues. You guys, grow up! smh
---Leon on 1/29/16


Darlene_1 on 1/28/16

Good to hear! Thank God...
---Chria9396 on 1/28/16


Leon:

You wrote to Monk_Brendan: You're such a pesky child. It was you who picked a fight with me on this blog. You need to grow up & leave Neverland, & stop bugging adults who are way above your level of maturity sonny boy.

If some childishly starts throwing mud at you, and you respond by throwing mud back, it's just as childish as they are. You don't show that you're more mature than a child by imitating its behavior.
---StrongAxe on 1/29/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


///...Repent yourself! You have frequently labeled my faith, my beliefs, and my monastic vocation false. If I am not called to judge you, then you are not called to judge me.---Monk_Brendan on 1/28/16///

You're such a pesky child. It was you who picked a fight with me on this blog. You need to grow up & leave Neverland, & stop bugging adults who are way above your level of maturity sonny boy.
---Leon on 1/28/16


Thank you for the prayers my daughter got a good report all around. God bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/28/16


Leon said, " Monk, smh, Who made you to be judge over me or anyone else?"

The same person that made you the judge of my salvation, which, thank God, you are not!

"...but because of our past disagreements, you just had to make a passive aggressive swipe at me, didn't you? Repent!"

Repent yourself! You have frequently labeled my faith, my beliefs, and my monastic vocation false. If I am not called to judge you, then you are not called to judge me.

Monk Brendan
---Monk_Brendan on 1/28/16


Monk, smh, Who made you to be judge over me or anyone else? From where I sit your attitude is presumptious & arrogant! What I said to 'Axe had nothing to do with you, but because of our past disagreements, you just had to make a passive aggressive swipe at me, didn't you? Repent!
---Leon on 1/27/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


I stand in complete agreement with Carla's post concerning this subject. Consummation of an agreed upon marriage is all that is required.
---joseph on 1/27/16


The first marriage is a good start Adam was given his wife by the most high, therefore it was the fathers role to find a wife for his son.

When the male go's into the tent with his bride he then has sexual intercourse with her, this according to the beginning is marriage.

Because the fashion of marriage has evolved to a ceremony in these times as well as the marriage ceremony depicted in Cana,

the only change is the ceremony. Otherwise these are the only true representations of marriage for the ordinary persons excluding Rahab, Leah or Bathsheba, Dana the Sumerian woman and Hagar. This also excludes women raped for the contentious crew.
---Carla on 1/27/16


Leon said, "'Axe: Not to you, no. Read the Bible & perhaps you'll understand. God bless!"

Leon, that attitude is full of arrogance. You, and everybody else that picks nits and find faults--I'm talking to you too, Cluny--should stop this backbiting. Let us all think of generosity, love and peace. We should all pray before firing off a quick WP grenade to someone whom you disagree!
---Monk_Brendan on 1/26/16


Thank you so much for the prayers,God is already answering. They don't think it was a heart attack but she will be taking a stress test,they kept her overnight in the hospital. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/26/16


Send a Free Good Luck Ecard


Hello,again Darlene sent you a text hope your daughter better time on her side like the brother mention.Ith happen to me before same,stress.Pray quick recovery.please pray for my husband he got friends cloud his mind..he backsliding now or something.He will not hold me back. I'm just stress last.night for nothing.keep my mind heart soul.on.jesus amen.
---Lizet5355 on 1/26/16


Thanks Darlene_1.

I hope your daughter is all right. Chest pain accompanied by arm pain are usually symptoms of a heart attack, but the prognosis is usually very good if it is caught and treated right away, and it sounds like it has been in this case.
---StrongAxe on 1/25/16


Please pray for our daughter her Boss had to take her to the emergency room,she had chest pains and pains in her arm. Thank you .God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/25/16


Strong Axe my only reason for giving that information to you was because I just thought you wanted to know and I was trying to help you. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/25/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Auto Insurance


So no completion of Marriage recorded in the Bible.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/24/16

I don't know what Bible version you are reading, but this verse says wife in EVERY translation I can find (15 different versions).

Matt 1:24 "Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife"

followed by this verse (which I especially like in the NIV version).

Matt 1:25 "But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus"
---Mark_Eaton on 1/25/16


Darlene_1:

You wrote: Strong Axe since specific Marriage Customs aren't given in the Bible I decided to go the Jewish Marriage Ceremony.

I didn't say they didn't have customs, vows, etc., because obviously there are traditions for that. All I was doing is challenging Leon's claim that all of these are mentioned REPEATEDLY in the BIBLE, which they aren't, not even once.
---StrongAxe on 1/24/16


Doesn't it seem odd that Jesus' parent's marriage completion isn't recorded?

Only betrothed, unable to unite. Matthew 1:18-25.
Mary is always referred to as Jesus' Mother.
Matthew 2:13-14 Take the child and His Mother....took the child and His mother. V19 take the child and His Mother.

'Not take the child and your Wife.'

Luke 2:5-6 to be enrolled with Mary, his BETROTHED, who was with child. While they were there the time came for her to have her child.
V22 When the days were completed for their purification according to the law of Moses..

So no completion of Marriage recorded in the Bible. From there we come up to the lost 12 year old Jesus in Luke.

Just curious if anyone notice this in the Bible
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/24/16


Strong Axe since specific Marriage Customs aren't given in the Bible I decided to go the Jewish Marriage Ceremony. It is evident some of the marriage customs now did come from the Jewish ones. They couldn't see each other before the wedding,the parents of groom and bride walked them down the aisle,and the bride received a ring. Another great custom was the reading of the mans responsibility written on a nice paper that could be framed and hung in the couples home. There was more but I can't get it all on here. Again,I looked up Jewish Marriage ceremonies. Hope this helps. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/24/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Holidays


Darlene_1:

Yes, you are right, marriage IS a covenant. However, there is no mention of any specific vows that are exchanged (i.e. there is no specific formula, such as we used today, e.g. "for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live").
---StrongAxe on 1/24/16


You wrote: The entire Bible as it relates to the Lord Jesus Christ & His Bride, the Church. Meditate on that please.

You made a very specific assertion (i.e. that the bible REPEATEDLY talks about a number of things). It does, in fact, never mention ANY OF THOSE THINGS, not even once.

Yes, the Bible does talk about Jesus and his bride, but it mentions no gift exchange, no minister that marries them, etc. etc. If I am wrong, please show me wrong by showing a SPECIFIC SCRIPTURE that mentions any of those things. Mere hand-waving and claiming the bible says something it doesn't, doesn't cut it.
---StrongAxe on 1/23/16


Strong Axe I'm sorry I found things when I did that,I think one was about marriage being a covenant. If memory serves there is only a Covenant in the Old Testament with letting of blood. I'll look again and get the verses. God Bless
---Darlene_I on 1/23/16


///Leon wrote: Axe: Not to you, no. Read the Bible & perhaps you'll understand. God bless!
How charitable...So I ask Leon again. Since you claimed the Bible repeatedly mentions all of these things, surely it should be easy to cite just one?---StrongAxe on 1/22/16///

'Axe: The entire Bible as it relates to the Lord Jesus Christ & His Bride, the Church. Meditate on that please.
---Leon on 1/23/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Insurance


Leon wrote: Axe: Not to you, no. Read the Bible & perhaps you'll understand. God bless!

How charitable.

Darlene_1 wrote: Strong Axe you don't have to go to the Bible for verses. Just type in your search engine what you want to know example "Verses in the Bible about Marriage" and it will find them for you. God Bless

I did. I could find NO mention at all of presence of witnesses, written contract, exchanging of gifts, exchanging of vows, a ceremony being performed, or an official (whether religious or secular) presiding over such a ceremony.

So I ask Leon again. Since you claimed the Bible repeatedly mentions all of these things, surely it should be easy to cite just one?
---StrongAxe on 1/22/16


I recall the story of Jesus turning water into wine in (John 2). This took place at a wedding ceremony. If Jesus attended, he must have approved of this practice.

You may want to reasearch weddings in the bible.
---David on 1/23/16


The couple must be one man and one woman and must be marrying according to the law of the land in which they live. I don't have any bible verses to offer you so maybe you could share with us the ones which you have found.
---Rita_H on 1/23/16


Strong Axe you don't have to go to the Bible for verses. Just type in your search engine what you want to know example "Verses in the Bible about Marriage" and it will find them for you. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/22/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Dating


But HOW do you get joined as husband and wife? That's the essence of the question I'm asking.
---Cluny on 1/21/16

The Bible is silent on the "joining" ceremony. Customs dictated what was required for a man and woman to become husband and wife. Just as customs today dictate what is required to be joined.

And according to custom, a young Jewish man did not leave his parents property when married, but created a separate home within a home for himself and his wife.

Now what is your purpose for this question? As you ask so many others to do, please answer your own question.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/22/16


///Leon: Can you show anywhere the Bible actually shows any of this, and repeatedly? In particular, presence of witnesses, written contract, exchanging of gifts, exchanging of vows, a ceremony being performed, or an official (whether religious or secular) presiding over such a ceremony? I don't recall seeing any of it. (I could be wrong, but I'd love it if you could show proof.)...---StrongAxe on 1/22/16///

'Axe: Not to you, no. Read the Bible & perhaps you'll understand. God bless!
---Leon on 1/22/16


Leon:

Can you show anywhere the Bible actually shows any of this, and repeatedly? In particular, presence of witnesses, written contract, exchanging of gifts, exchanging of vows, a ceremony being performed, or an official (whether religious or secular) presiding over such a ceremony? I don't recall seeing any of it. (I could be wrong, but I'd love it if you could show proof.)


Mark_Eaton:

That would also apply to two people just "shacking up".
---StrongAxe on 1/22/16


///Christians are told to obey the Laws of the Land therefore one would get a State/County issued license, use a person who is recognized, allowed, official made so by the State, to marry a man and woman. Then the marriage is recorded in the County records. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/20/16///

True Darlene: The Bible, repeatedly, shows marriage as a contractual (written) agreement (covenant) with exchanging of gifts between consenting men & women in the presence of GOD & other witnesses. The marriage ceremony (verbal exchanging of vows) gives rights to the two parties in exchange for them bonding their lives to each other. The ceremony normally is performed by a person who is of secular or nonsecular authorization.
---Leon on 1/21/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Treatments


\\Leaving parents, being male and female, being joined as husband and wife, and becoming one flesh is God's definition of marriage.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/21/16\\

But HOW do you get joined as husband and wife? That's the essence of the question I'm asking.

And Isaac did NOT leave his mother's tents or his father Abraham's property when he married Rachel. According to YOUR verse, he was therefore not really married in God's eyes.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/21/16


I would go to the Creator of all things and see what he says:

Matt 19:4-6 "And He answered and said to them, have you not read that He who made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate"

Leaving parents, being male and female, being joined as husband and wife, and becoming one flesh is God's definition of marriage.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/21/16


Darlene_1:

You wrote: Christians are told to obey the Laws of the Land therefore one would get a State/County issued license,use a person who is recognized,allowed,official made so by the State,to marry a man and woman. Then the marriage is recorded in the County records.

In most western countries, being married in the eyes of the state carries certain legal rights and responsibilities, but is not required by law (i.e. if two adults are living together without a marriage license, the government won't sue them, and the police won't come and arrest them). As such, being married is an option, and not a compulsion, so not getting married is not a violation of civil law, and not "disobedience to the laws of the land".
---StrongAxe on 1/21/16


Darlene, where does the Bible give the secular state the authority to regulate marriage?

BCV, please.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/21/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Affiliate Program


Christians are told to obey the Laws of the Land therefore one would get a State/County issued license,use a person who is recognized,allowed,official made so by the State,to marry a man and woman. Then the marriage is recorded in the County records. God Bless
---Darlene_1 on 1/20/16


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.