ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Explain Terrorists

Are there Bible illustrations and written records explaining why terrorist do what they do today?

Join Our Christian Singles and Take The War Bible Quiz
 ---Leon on 4/9/16
     Helpful Blog Vote (3)

Post a New Blog



How true Jerry.
I am fed up having to repeat over and over true facts as your words when EVERYONE knows it is TRUE!

MOST Stereotypes are tagged to certain groups because of the repetitions of an action occurring in the same groups.

Black people can be an Amish, but Many only think of White people to be Amish.

Asian children are smart, study hard and make straight A's.

Nuns are MEAN, but people STILL send their kids to be educated by Nuns for a great education.

The South is racist.

Northern people are cold and unfriendly.

Married Celebrities will cheat and end in Divorce.

All 2 year old rebellion will be because they are going through the terrible 2s.
---Nicole_Lacey on 8/10/16


All Muslims are not terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.



---Jerry6593 on 8/10/16


Leon: "Jerry: I see you're off the rails again!"

I thought you were going to play nice.

Everything I wrote about Muslims is true. It is their religion that is the problem - not a few bad apples.

The white supremacist threat in the US is minuscule by comparison. They never murdered thousands of us in a single day. Come to think of it, they hate Jews just like the Muslims do.


---Jerry6593 on 6/29/16


Jerry: I see you're off the rails again! That won't do. TRUTH is, all terrorist (past & present) aren't Muslims. The neo-nutsies come from all ethnic groups, nationalities, religious backgrounds & mental deficiencies. Like the Bible says, "ALL have sinned & come short of the glory of God."

Millions of "Americans" have, for decades (even centuries) suffered at the hands of terrorist in this country. Homegrown (inbred: white supremacist) terrorist have often done their dirty work under the sheep cloak of Christianity while ruthlessly flying the banner of Manifest Destiny.

Tell the TRUTH & shame the devil Jerry! Like Jesus said, the truth will set you free!!!
---Leon on 6/28/16


Terrorists today do their heinous acts because they are Muslims. The only source for the doctrines of Islam is a single murderous, thieving pedophile. Part of his doctrine is to conquer the entire world by subjugating or killing all non-Muslims. Whenever they perceive that a nation is weak (as with our current US leadership), they will attack. It is also significant that many Muslims are inbred, and thus a bit nutso.


---Jerry6593 on 6/28/16




Bro.Leon you explain it very well,I can remember in my mind like it was yesterday I saw this infant in a picture in Google,we talking absoluta new born infant the CAPTION read this is a syrian baby left after mother whole family killed soon.after baby dead in the ocean.I cried for weeks after see that baby,never left my mind.Elena95555
---Elena_95555 on 6/26/16


///No one can really explain why someone does what they do. Evil such as terrorism whether it's religious fanaticism or homegrown terrorism is a demonic spirits in those non-believers who commit these terrible Acts.---Lee on 5/19/16///

Okay Lee. I think I hear you saying people who commit such heinous acts of terrorism are actually demon possessed?
---Leon on 6/25/16


No one can really explain why someone does what they do. Evil such as terrorism whether it's religious fanaticism or homegrown terrorism is a demonic spirits in those non-believers who commit these terrible Acts.
---Lee on 5/19/16


Found the numbers on murdered witches. Not all those accused were executed. Some were allowed to repent and live.

In the US from 1626-1730 over 120 accused 38 executed.

In Europe mostly France over 40000 executed is the lowest estimate.
---Samuelbb7 on 5/18/16


Which was done by order of the inquisition. The manual on hunting was written by a catholic priest.

If memory serves me about 2000 witches a year were burned in France. ---Samuelbb7 on 5/17/16

Please cite your source on the 2000 a year witch killing.

Inquisition are controlled by Countries not Priests.

The famous one quoted is called the 'Spanish Inquisition' which was controlled by Spain.

The English Inquisition were against Catholics, but controlled by England.

Please cite history correctly
---Nicole_Lacey on 5/18/16




Were the puritans who murdered people more righteous than the RCC who murdered people.

No. Both were murders and broke the commandments of God.
---Samuelbb7 on 5/17/16


When I can get my new computer up and running l will get you the information and check your facts.

I usually prefer checking information myself. It seems that want to trust that I will tell the truth. So thanks for that.

One problem with Puritans burning witches. The English hung witches. The French and others burned them. Which was done by order of the inquisition. The manual on hunting was written by a catholic priest.

If memory serves me about 2000 witches a year were burned in France.
---Samuelbb7 on 5/17/16


I used to be a Baptist until God opened my eyes.
---Cluny on 4/16/16

So far we see you blindly dominated by your cult, a deeper form of men's doctrinal slavery. You've "cultivated" yourself only.
In eight years you have not scripturally proved "Your Cult" is "The Cult" to belong too. We all laugh when you state it's superior but, cannot prove it. Most here don't need popes/papa's, pointy hats or repetitive liturgy, $40.00 baptismal towels, to feel smug. As adults we need scriptural meat and you bring only cult tainted air.
Eze_34:5 they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
---Trav on 5/17/16


Samuel BB said, "If you want to know the name of the Priest who saved much of the history in the Vatican. It is on the PBS Website Secret Files of the Inquisition. Where they have a website with details."

If you are the one detailing the item, then you should be the one to do the research. That's the way things work.

Taking a look at a review of the show, I have found that PBS broadcast a series of lies. Look up THE POLITICS OF PBS on the Catholic League website.
---Monk_Brendan on 5/14/16


\\In Spain 3,000 were executed by being burned to death that can be proved. You don't have to believe me. Please look it up.
---Samuelbb7 on 4/30/16\\

This was over a 300 year (about 10 a year) period for the same offenses that Puritan New England burned MANY more people over a much shorter period: not conforming to the official religion, witchcraft, and things not mentioned in polite society.

Were the NEPs more righteous that the Inquisition?

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/13/16


Jerry said, "Brendan: You said "What exactly did Torquemada teach that makes him false?" and then you answered yourself by saying "Torquemada was an evil man." What's up with that?"

I was answering another question. Torquemada was an evil man. I've already agreed with that. My first comment was about his teaching, or what he believed. The second comment was about how he acted.
---Monk_Brendan on 5/13/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Depression


I don't mind any question. I just work two jobs and sometimes get tied up. Also some answers require research.

If you want to know the name of the Priest who saved much of the history in the Vatican. It is on the PBS Website Secret Files of the Inquisition. Where they have a website with details.

You can also go to Wikipedia which covers more then the Spanish Inquisition alone. It has your point cluny there listed as a truth. Along with the point many have exaggerated the death toll.

In Spain 3,000 were executed by being burned to death that can be proved. You don't have to believe me. Please look it up.
---Samuelbb7 on 4/30/16


Monk Brendan, I asked similar questions of Samuelbb7.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/28/16


Samuel, I asked you a question. I said, "Which Roman Catholic priest? What was his name? Where and when did he catalog all of these actions?"

This was when you had said something about a Roman Catholic priest who was disgusted with the actions of the inquisition, and chronicled all of it's actions.

I am still waiting for an answer.

It seems that nobody on these blogs seems to like uncomfortable questions, or explaining things they don't know anything about.
---Monk_Brendan on 4/28/16


'Axe: Thank you for your point of view. Of course, I know the slight difference. I was just trying to make a point as to how I perceive people who intentionally & aggressively "ATTACK" blogs they don't like & subsequently bully actively engaged blog participants by depriving them of valuable blog comments (75 per blog) space when they "BLOW IT UP" with their unrelated barrage of garbage comments that destroy the very essence of blogs. That's basically my point. The way I see it, they (blog trolls) are very much a "TERROR" (an extreme annoyance). Again, thanks for your perspective.
---Leon on 4/28/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Study


Leon:

You wrote: terrorist are also evil spirited blog trolls who blitz & trash other people's blogs with trivial religious nonsense. A prime example is what's happening on this & many other CN blogs.


"Terrorists" are, by definition, people who act to inspire fear and terror.

Internet trolls are, by definition, people who post provocative messages to forment discord. While sowing discord is bad (and is, in fact, warned about in scripture), it's hardly terrorism.

Cross-posting a message about kitty souffle to cat-lovers and cooking groups, to start an argument, is trolling. Phoning in a bomb threat about the library, to scare the pants off people, is terrorism. Do you see the difference?
---StrongAxe on 4/28/16


Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, terrorist are also evil spirited blog trolls who blitz & trash other people's blogs with trivial religious nonsense. A prime example is what's happening on this & many other CN blogs.
---Leon on 4/27/16


Samuel BB said, "A Roman Catholic priest who was disgusted with the actions of the leaders of the Spanish inquestion. Methodically recorded the ways many he knew were tortured to death."

Which Roman Catholic priest? What was his name? Where and when did he catalog all of these actions?
---Monk_Brendan on 4/27/16


Explain Terrorists!!!



Terrorist are violent murderers who loot, rape & pillage from people who aren't able to adequately defend themselves against terrorist activities ~ terrorist are self-absorbed, self-righteous, unregenerate, demon possessed religious individuals who serve their master the devil.

From Genesis to revelation, from the fall of man to this day, terrorist (BULLIES) are in our midst wreaking havoc (RAISING HELL) everywhere they go.
---Leon on 4/27/16


Shop For Church Pews


\\ Another tidbit Cluny is that Jews in Spain who were accused because of their ancestry were considered to be liars. So they were tortured to death. \\

Isabella ordered that Jews who had always been known as Jews and had publicly lived as such were to be left unmolested.

Please give the actual name of a Jew who was tortured to death or burned alive for being a Jew, as well as the date of execution.

And give the name of the Roman Catholic priest to which you referred.

BTW--you've not answered by question about whether you think Puritan New England, which did EXACTLY the same things the Inquisition did were Christian?

They did crushing to death, too.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/27/16


Another tidbit Cluny is that Jews in Spain who were accused because of their ancestry were considered to be liars. So they were tortured to death. Or burned alive.

One inquestor invented the donkey. A high board device so they could put weights on the persons feet and slowly crush them from the groin up. He irritated a higher up and so he was executed on his new device.

Protestants were sometimes buried in the ground and had their heads smashed by rock balls being rolled at them in a type of bowling ball game.

A Roman Catholic priest who was disgusted with the actions of the leaders of the Spanish inquestion. Methodically recorded the ways many he knew were tortured to death.
---Samuelbb7 on 4/26/16


I forgot to mention that frequently common criminals in Spain would claim to be heretics, because the conditions in the Inquisition's jails were much better than the secular ones.

I got this tidbit from several places in my reading. It was also mentioned in a program on this matter on the History Channel.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/26/16


Samuel, the New England puritans executed people on the SAME grounds the Spanish Inquisition did:

1. For not conforming to the Established Church.
2. For witchcraft.
3. For elegant variations in intimate behavior between consenting adults.

Were the New England puritans Christians?

By your own standards for Torquemada, they were not, either.

BTW--in the 300 years of the Spanish Inquisition, only 3000 people were executed. That's about 10 a year--many fewer than NE puritans, or even Catholics and other dissenters that Elizabeth I had executed.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/25/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Verses


\\Brendan: Muslims practice marriage of first cousins.\\

It's a cultural middle eastern custom. I know some Christians of Arabic descent whose parents are first cousins.

For that matter, Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert was her first cousin.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/25/16


You recognize him as a evil man. Which is why I used him. I know of no modern Catholics who condone his use of torture and murder. Protestants have a share in murdering Catholics. There is plenty of blood on both sides.

If you write EGW was a false prophet. I won't take offence. From your understanding you have no choice but to conclude she was false. But if you say she was an evil person then I would take offence.

I didn't mean to offend you. My list was of evil people who claimed or claim to be Christian.

I have had some discussions with KKK members. The get mean very quickly.

You have been a good and proper debater. GOD be with you and bless you as a Christian brother.
---Samuelbb7 on 4/25/16


Samuel: "In history and in the Koran Muslims are not to kill Christians unless in battle or they are Roman Catholic priests."

First of all, these barbarians are always in battle (jihad) to conquer the world for the false god allah. Secondly, they are indeed required by the Koran to kill ANYONE who will not convert to islam. They have been our enemy since the time of Thomas Jefferson.



Brendan: You said "What exactly did Torquemada teach that makes him false?" and then you answered yourself by saying "Torquemada was an evil man." What's up with that?



---jerry6593 on 4/26/16


Samuel BB said, "Think of Jim Jones, Klu Klux clan or Tomas de Torquemada,. They claimed to be Christians. But they were false."

What exactly did Torquemada teach that makes him false? You just had to make a nasty remark about Catholics, didn't you?

I have been trying very hard to be nice to you, and respect your opinions about EGW, and then you slip the blade in my back.
Yes, we all know that Torquemada was an evil man. To my way of thinking, John Calvin was evil, in that he invented a cruel god to worship, and spread it all over the world.
---Monk_Brendan on 4/25/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Arthritis


Thank you for your last post. About not all Muslims are terrorists.

In history and in the Koran Muslims are not to kill Christians unless in battle or they are Roman Catholic priests.

One sect of Muslims who form the majority of terrorists follow a branch that teaches their leader is the final authority on what the Koran means. When this group has a good leader they do fine. When a bad they become terrorists.

Think of Jim Jones, Klu Klux clan or Tomas de Torquemada,. They claimed to be Christians. But they were false.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 4/24/16


Brendan: Muslims practice marriage of first cousins. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.



---jerry6593 on 4/23/16


Jerry said, " This (in addition to the fact that many are inbred) IS the reason why they attack us."

Who are inbred? Terrorist or Muslims, Jerry? I don't quite get what you're saying.
---Monk_Brendan on 4/20/16


Wikipedia works. Of the dozens of sources there, ONLY ONE (from the FBI [27]) suggests it be from a non-government entity, but it's in the government's own best interest to exclude itself from being called terrorist, so this is hardly an unbiased definition.

It originally referred to acts BY GOVERNMENTS, but now has been expanded to ALSO include non-governments. Nobody else EXCLUDES governments.

Also: An associated, and arguably more easily definable, but not equivalent term is violent non-state actor. [33]
---StrongAxe on 4/18/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Asthma


Samuel: Michael is correct. I did not say that ALL Muslims were terrorists. You missed the point entirely.

If a Christian follows the teachings of Jesus entirely, he will LOVE his enemies. If a Muslim follows the teachings of Mohammad entirely, he will MURDER his neighbors if they won't submit to Islam. This (in addition to the fact that many are inbred) IS the reason why they attack us.

I agree that the majority of Muslims are not jihadists, but many of those still support terrorists financially and many more consider such terrorist acts justified.



---jerry6593 on 4/19/16


//YOUR definition of "terrorist" is not the same as the dictionary's and everyone else's.// Strongaxe

my definition came from Wikipedia. What is yours?
---Scott1 on 4/18/16


There's a difference between saying "Most Muslims are terrorists" and "Most terrorists are Muslim."
I believe Jerry was speaking the latter.
It's like saying " All Fords are Mustangs" or All Mustangs are Fords."
One is false.
If one look at the terroristic attacks on the news, most, if not all, are Muslim based organizations.
---micha9344 on 4/18/16


Jerry the majority of Muslims are not terrorists. That is a false statement.

The number one group of people murdered by Terrorists are other Muslims. The news reports how some Muslim groups are targeted to be eradicated off the face of this earth.

Think of the RCC killing Protestants. Now remember they also killed other Catholic and the Orthodox.

Yet we recognize that there were still good Christians then and now in the RCC. Many Muslims don't know anything but lies about Christians. They think all Christians are Roman Catholic for they are taught that. How can we reach them for Jesus as we are commanded of Christ Jesus to do if we show them hate?

AGape
---Samuelbb7 on 4/18/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Cholesterol


Monk, you now say:
"Oh you don't? Then why do you have such a vile opinion of her? Who filled your mind with such error?"

Of her? who are you talking about? And no one has filled my mind with error. I belonged to the RCC. Most Tejano's are born into the Catholic faith. Not faith in Jesus Christ. I was never taught about being born again of the Spirit. I had my own idol as most Catholics have.
They know very little about the Bible. Most of my friends went to church on Sunday, and after going they would go beer drinking and partying. That is the life of most Catholics I know. In Mexico and South America it gets worse.
---Luke on 4/18/16


Yes. Be honest, today's terrorists worldwide are Muslims. It is not just a few radicals that have perverted the "great religion of peace", it is the defective religion itself. This religion, founded on the moon god allah, promotes the murder of those who will not accept it. This is not the foundation to the government of Jehovah (which is built on love) but rather that of Satan - a religion built on force.



---jerry6593 on 4/18/16


Scott1:

Yes, and that is the problem. YOUR definition of "terrorist" is not the same as the dictionary's and everyone else's. You can't have a dialog when you mean a word to mean something different than everyone else does.

The dictionary definition makes no distinction as to whether terrorists are private agents, or agents of an official or government body.

For example, in WW2, the Nazis had a standing policy that if anyone anywhere killed a Nazi officer, they would round up 10 civilians and shoot them. This was terrorism pure and simple, as it was not intended to mete out justice (since innocents were punished), but rather to instil fear.
---StrongAxe on 4/17/16


OK my def. Strong
A politically motivated group, that uses violence as a means to effect change without the use of insignias or govt identifying symbols to hide in the general populace.
WasHinton, no, had govt insignias
Sandy hook, no, no Political motivation
Battle at wounded knee, no, state identity. A massacre yes
Boston tea party, yes
French resistance ww2, yes
Assassination of Yamamoto, no, state identity
Cia sometimes
Assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, yes
---Scott1 on 4/17/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Lasik Surgery


Scott1:

I wrote: EXCEPT if you have a badge or uniform, in which case it's perfectly fine.

You wrote: we can talk about statism also but that would take another blog post. I am trying to confined this blog to terrorist.

That is the whole point. It's meaningless to even attempt to discuss terrorists if one does not have a common consensus about what the very word "terrorist" actually means. Until that is established, any discussion on the subject becomes an argument of apples vs. oranges, e.g. "Apples are evil". "No they aren't. Oranges are good" - except both happen to use the same word. Such discussions are fruitless.
---StrongAxe on 4/16/16


\\I do not defend my idea's,\\

That's right.

You just CLAIM they are Gospel truth without offering any evidence.

I used to be a Baptist until God opened my eyes.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/16/16


Luke said, "Monk, I don't make anything up concerning the Catholic Church"

Oh you don't? Then why do you have such a vile opinion of her? Who filled your mind with such error?

I have apologized in the past, and I have acknowledged that there have been bad popes, and that bad things have gone on (in the past) in the Catholic Church. However, the Church has never taught satan worship, nor pedophilia, nor simony, nor any of the other blasphemous things it has been accused of.

Any sins that have been committed have been committed by people, and not by the Church.

What church do you go to, Luke? There are very few that do not have dirty hands.
---Monk_Brendan on 4/16/16


Cluny, you said:
"Luke, you defend your ideas, no matter how far removed from the Gospel they are. Why? Because you're a slave to what you want to think."

I do not defend my idea's, I defend the gospel truth, the very Word of God, you just don't believe in defending the Word of God, you defend your own traditions no matter what the Bible says. Then you claim you guys gave us the Bible. That is so far from the Truth.
Monk, I don't make anything up concerning the Catholic Church, I use to be a member of that Church until God opened my eyes to the truth.
---Luke on 4/16/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Bullion


Cluny you make a good point. We all want to be right and defend what we understand.

The hope is that we want to value truth above our own opinion. That we value the word of GOD more than our likes and dislikes.

You went from Baptist to Orthodox. I went from agnostic to Christians Seventh day Adventist. We and others here have made changes for what we believe is truth.

We each must examine ourselves to see if we are letting truth be in charge of us.

In Sabbath School we are studying Matthew 5. Why don't everyone here sit down and read Matthew 5 and ask GOD to show us what it means.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 4/16/16


//EXCEPT if you have a badge or uniform, in which case it's perfectly fine.//
StrongAxe

we can talk about statism also but that would take another blog post. I am trying to confined this blog to terrorist.
---Scott1 on 4/15/16


Terrorist: People who "terrorize" others thru vicious acts of violence against those they target for either domination & /or even anihilation. They're bullies ~ home grown urban gangsters/criminals ~ home grown neo nutsie militia & racial supremacist ~ they're facist police who instead of serving & protecting violently attack & brutally murder citizens they're extremely prejudiced against ~ terrorist are mentally ill people who are allowed to possess firearms & do heinous acts of violence against school children, church-goers & people in their workplace. And on the global stage, terrorist are people who have an ancient hatred & a 7th century religious agenda against the Western World...
---Leon on 4/15/16


Luke said, "Catholics defend the Church no matter what the topic is. why? Because they are slaves to the church."

Luke, you defend your ideas, no matter how far removed from the Gospel they are. Why? Because you're a slave to what you want to think.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/15/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Menopause


Scott1:

You wrote I would consider ISIL to be a state. I am definitely not considering morality. They apply gov't functions hold and conquer land.

It sounds like you use the word "terrorist" merely to describe "anyone who uses military methods but isn't an actual government" - which essentially sounds like it's wrong to brutalize and kill and steal and destroy - EXCEPT if you have a badge or uniform, in which case it's perfectly fine.


Monk_Brendan:

This presumes that the RCC is always following the will of Christ 100%, so there is no conflict - something that has historically not always been true.
---StrongAxe on 4/14/16


I would consider ISIL to be a state. I am definitely not considering morality. They apply gov't functions hold and conquer land.
---Scott1 on 4/13/16


Luke said, "Catholics defend the Church no matter what the topic is. why? Because they are slaves to the church."

No, Luke, we are slaves to Christ Jesus! We defend the Church because most Protestants have incorrect perceptions of the Church, what has been said and done.

We defend the Church because your background has filled you and most other Protestants full of error concerning the Catholic Church.
---Monk_Brendan on 4/13/16


Scott1, George Washington was NEVER the head of Congress.

He was chosen to preside at the Constitutional Convention, but was not the head of Congress, be it the Continental Congress, Congress under the Articles, or Congress under the Constitution.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/13/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Penpals


Scott1:

You wrote: However, Washington was the head of the congress, a gov't entity.

At that time, the Colonies were under British rule. That a bunch of rebels declared themselves independent and establish what they called a new government (no matter how justified that was) does not alter this fact.

This is, from a legal pespective, no different than a bunch of rebels in Iraq denouncing what they call a corrupt government and establishing the Islamic State. Nobody else considers them a legal government, even if they themselves do, and their invading everyone and murdering them are acts of terror.

Similarly, the Bundy clan taking over government land and declaring the U.S. government illegitimate.
---StrongAxe on 4/13/16


One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter.

And as the cliche says, history is written by the winners.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 4/12/16


Monk, there is people here answering who do have demons. Like Leon said, it is not the person but what is in the person. I see it all the time. It is easy for anyone to just answer since they do not have to face the person in person.
I answer to do my duty as a Christian. I am not here to change anyone's heart, because that is impossible for me to do. God knows what to do with the Truth. Only He changes hearts. Some have the same teachings, and that is easy to tell. Catholics defend the Church no matter what the topic is. why? Because they are slaves to the church.
---Luke on 4/13/16


StrongAxe - then, revolutionists are terrorists

I would have to agree with some of your examples like David. However, Washington was the head of the congress, a gov't entity. But if he failed in the American Rev. they would have all been hanged. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

Leon then please give me your definition of terrorist?

From Wikipedia,
political in aims and motives,
violentor, threatens violence,
conducted either by an organization with an identifiable chain of command or conspiratorial cell structure (whose members wear no uniform or identifying insignia)
its leaders perpetrated by a subnational group or nonstate entity.[
---Scott1 on 4/13/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Accounting


Leon said, "It's not them I'm speaking to personally, but the evil spirits resident within them that need to be cast out."

Notwithstanding the scenery chewing that went on in "The Exorcist" and other kiddie films, usually, the Name of Jesus casts out most demons.

And just to prove that I have no demons in me, Jesus is the Lord!

1 Cor 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
---Monk_Brendan on 4/12/16


Scott1:

By your definition, then, revolutionists are terrorists - whether they be George Washington rebelling against the lawful (but unjust) rule of King George, or the French populace vomiting out the corrupt King Louis, or the Russian people vomiting out the corrupt Czar Alexander, or David and his insurgents making guerilla raids against the Philistines, who were the de-facto rulers in Palestine at the time.
---StrongAxe on 4/12/16


Scott: It appears "your" definition isn't the definition of terrorism. Did you make it up? How does what you say tie in with terrorism in the Bible?
---Leon on 4/12/16


Hey Leon thanks for the question. My definition of terrorism is very narrow. It is small non-political force attacking a political force. This does not include political force vs political force (war) or political force vs non-political force (massacre, extermination). Let me define political force as a ruling body of a group of people based on land or ethnic origin. Terrorist are considered a company not a gov't entity. Terror is a feeling, Terrorism is a identity label.
---Scott1 on 4/12/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Fundraisers


Sam: So true & that applies to everyone who claims to be Christian & posts on these blogs. There are some people here who require tough love because they're pompous & dull of hearing. That's what the depressed & otherwise possessed get from me, TOUGH LOVE. It's not them I'm speaking to personally, but the evil spirits resident within them that need to be cast out.
---Leon on 4/12/16


Gen 16:12 And he will be a wild man, his hand [will be] against every man, and every man's hand against him, and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
---micha9344 on 4/11/16

Your verse bears another post. This verse is Ishmael... son of Abraham who are the Islamic/Muslims countries we are dealing with now.
They fit the verse to the fullest. As we would expect being that the above was stated by GOD.
But, even so their religion is in vain.
Rom_9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Heb_11:18 Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
---Trav on 4/12/16


Leon said, " The mad monk needs to get back on & permanently stay on his lithium to deter any future psychotic & delusional episodes..."

Leon, lithium is used for bipolar disorder--it is never used for clinical depression.

SHAKING BOTH HEAD AND FINGER AT YOU!
SHAME SHAME SHAME!
---Monk_Brendan on 4/11/16


Leon you need to develop a Christian attitude and love for others.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
---Samuelbb7 on 4/11/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Ecommerce


The mad monk needs to get back on & permanently stay on his lithium to deter any future psychotic & delusional episodes...
---Leon on 4/11/16


Monk_Brendan:

You wrote: there are no Biblical origins of terrorism. God has written on stone that we are not supposed to kill.

That God wrote it in stone had as little impact on society in Biblical times (e.g. look at all the wars and murders, even by people like David, "a man after God's own heart") as today. All societies for bid it, but have it anyway.

How dare you try to change His word?

He's not changing what God said, just asking for a clearer topic title about what people are actually doing (which, sadly, is not the same). In my experience, moderators choose titles that usually vary from moderately apt to extraordinarily misleading, with few accurately describing the blog question.
---StrongAxe on 4/11/16


Scott1: What about all the self-centered aggression & turmoil in Gen. 6 of people who displeased God? Also, what about all those "ites" in the Bible who regularly terrorized the entire population of Israelites? Terrorism isn't a modern day invention. It has very ancient roots.
---Leon on 4/11/16


Leon said, " Actually Moderator, "What are the Bible Origins of Terrorism" would've probably been a better heading."

Do you also tell the music minister what songs to sing?

Leon, there are no Biblical origins of terrorism. God has written on stone that we are not supposed to kill. How dare you try to change His word?
---Monk_Brendan on 4/11/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Jewelry


Gen 16:12 And he will be a wild man, his hand [will be] against every man, and every man's hand against him, and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
Terrorize has the connotation of scare, oppress, torment, molest, and harass, i.e. traumatize.
One of the words the Bible uses is vex, along with terrify and oppress.
Biblical terrorist include Egypt, Syria, and Babylon as nations and Jezebel, Sanballat, and Herod as individuals. So too Sodom.
God could also be considered a terrorist if one goes strictly by these related words.
But God has a righteous anger and His actions are just, which does not define a terrorist.
Terrorism, in general is from a self-gain or vengeance standpoint, not from a sense of justice.
---micha9344 on 4/11/16


Ehud is the first to come to mind in Judges 3:12.
The act of terrorism against the general populace is a relatively new concept. Previously terrorism was mostly between a general person and the ruler. The "black hand" the a Serbia terrorist group who kill Archduke Franz Ferdinand which lead to WW1 as vicious as they were would never consider attacking the general populace to change gov't policy.
---Scott1 on 4/11/16


Actually Moderator, "What are the Bible Origins of Terrorism" would've probably been a better heading.
---Leon on 4/10/16


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.