ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Who Taught Jesus The Bible

Who taught the boy Jesus His first prayers and Bible verses?

Join Our Free Chat and Take The Who Is Jesus Bible Quiz
 ---Cluny on 8/24/16
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Post a New Blog



john9346* 1. Did Irenaeus and Cyril teach Catholic Doctrines?

No,

John they did. Context

john9346* 2. Were the Apostles Infallible men?

No,

"He who listens to you, listens to me" (Luke 10:16),

"john9346 * 3. Are you infallible when it comes to scripture?

No

Which means your interpretations of scripture is wrong! About the councils,

The Council of Jerusalem discussed in Acts 15 they are not require Gentile Christians to be circumcised as desired by the Judaizers"
Finally, the first formal ecumenical council was that of Nicaea in 325 A.D., which condemned the Arian heresy and declared that Christ was consubstantial with the Father.
---Ruben on 9/29/16


reuben states, "No, but they did not teach, as you have so wrongly said, stood on Scripture Alone"."

Sir, first, can you provide for us all the definition of "Sola Scriptura."
When you provide the definition then we will be able to see whether Cyril and Irenaeus stood on "Sola Scriptura."
---john9346 on 9/28/16


Reuben you asked the following questions:

1. Did Irenaeus and Cyril teach Catholic Doctrines?

No, and as examined prior, they clarified their statements.(context, context, context)

2. Were the Apostles Infallible men?

No, but they were "Inspired." of which Cyril and Irenaeus never claimed to be "Inspired." nor "Infallible."

3. Are you infallible when it comes to scripture?

No I never claimed to be and neither did the church fathers nor the 7-ecumenical Councils.
---john9346 on 9/28/16


Sir a couple things to note:

john9346* 1. Did Irenaeus and Cyril teach that they themselves were above the "Scriptures."

No, but they did not teach, as you have so wrongly said, stood on Scripture Alone".

john9346 * 2. Did Irenaeus and Cyril teach they themselves were "Inspired and Infallible Men."

But what they did teach was the infallible teaching office of the Catholic Church
which was handle down from the apostles themselves.

John, couple of things to consider:

1. Did Irenaeus and Cyril teach Catholic Doctrines?

2. Were the Apostles Infallible men?

3. Are you infallible when it comes to scripture?
---Ruben on 9/28/16


reuben states, "If they derived from scripture only , their interpretaion of scripture would be different than you my friend.."

Sir a couple things to note:

1. Did Irenaeus and Cyril teach that they themselves were above the "Scriptures."

2. Did Irenaeus and Cyril teach they themselves were "Inspired and Infallible Men."

3. Did Cyril and Irenaeus teach and believe that they themselves gave the world the bible.
---john9346 on 9/28/16




Also, interestingly enough he goes on in 24 to use the word, "Ekklesia." which speaks of a people and not an institution/organization.
---john9346 on 9/23/16

What's even more interesting John, is that you claim 'The church fathers were Devout Christian Men who gave their lives for the sake of the Gospel by standing on "Scripture." Alone...' But we see where both Cyril and Irenaeus taught Catholic doctrine. If they derived from scripture only , their interpretaion of scripture would be different than you my friend..Thus why 'Bible Alone' does not work.
---Ruben on 9/24/16


Reuben,

He explains 6-7 to you in 8 by what he mean, "Then, after the spiritual sacrifice,"
It is not a "Physical Sacrifice." of Christ.
---john9346 on 9/23/16

Who said anything about a 'physical sacrifice?

But it is a sacrifice which by the way , you reject:)

7. Then having sanctified ourselves by these spiritual Hymns, we beseech the merciful God to send forth His Holy Spirit upon the gifts lying before Him, that He may make the Bread the Body of Christ, and the Wine the Blood of Christ , for whatsoever the Holy Ghost has touched, is surely sanctified and changed.
---Ruben on 9/24/16


reuben ask, "And why is it call Catholic,"

Sir, He explains to you what he means, "It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the earth to the other, and because it teaches universally and completely one and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's."

Also, interestingly enough he goes on in 24 to use the word, "Ekklesia." which speaks of a people and not an institution/organization.
---john9346 on 9/23/16


Reuben,

He explains 6-7 to you in 8 by what he mean, "Then, after the spiritual sacrifice,"
It is not a "Physical Sacrifice." of Christ.
---john9346 on 9/23/16


//When Cyril states 22 books, it is numbering according to Jewish Counting.//

Not all Jewish Sects, but a few sects of Jews.

//This tradition rejected the apocrypha as the Jews rejected the Apocryphal Books.---john9346 on 9/22/16

And OBVIOUSLY the same sect of Jews you are proud of because they rejected the Apocryphal Books ALSO REJECTED 17 books of YOUR Old Testament Bible.

Again, if you believe St Cyril of Jerusalem is correct for rejecting the Apocryphal Books WHY isn't he correct on the 17 other books you read in your OT Bible today?
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/23/16




Reuben, relating to 1823 of what Cyril of Jerusalem said, Sir, did you read the chapter in context and Sir did you really read 1823.

Cyril explained the meaning of the word,"catholic."
---john9346 on 9/22/16

And your point!

And why is it call Catholic,

Because he wrote about everything Catholic, are u Catholic John? " on the infallible teaching office of the Catholic Church (18:23) the Mass as a sacrifice (23:6-8) purgatory and prayers to the dead ( 23:10) the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist ( 19:7, 21:3, 22:1-9 ) baptismal regeneration ( 1: 1-3, 3:10-12 ) 21:3-4 ) "
---Ruben on 9/22/16


Reuben,

Irenaeus stated what the tradition of the apostles were so not sure of your point.
---john9346 on 9/22/16


Nicole,

When Cyril states 22 books, it is numbering according to Jewish Counting.

This was a tradition that had been pass down to him and he was passing it on.

This tradition rejected the apocrypha as the Jews rejected the Apocryphal Books.
---john9346 on 9/22/16


I'd invite those seeking the truth on what Cyril of Jerusalem really stated to please read in context the chapters Reuben my friend cited.

Reuben, relating to 1823 of what Cyril of Jerusalem said, Sir, did you read the chapter in context and Sir did you really read 1823.

Cyril explained the meaning of the word,"catholic."
---john9346 on 9/22/16


I'd invite those seeking the truth on what Cyril of Jerusalem really stated to please read in context the chapters Reuben my friend cited.

Reuben, relating to 1823 of what Cyril of Jerusalem said, Sir, did you read the chapter in context and Sir did you really read 1823.

Cyril explained the meaning of the word,"catholic."
---john9346 on 9/22/16


23. It is called Catholic then because it extends over all the world, from one end of the earth to the other, and because it teaches universally and completely one and all the doctrines which ought to come to men's knowledge, concerning things both visible and invisible, heavenly and earthly , and because it brings into subjection to godliness the whole race of mankind, governors and governed, learned and unlearned, and because it universally treats and heals the whole class of sins, which are committed by soul or body, and possesses in itself every form of virtue which is named, both in deeds and words, and in every kind of spiritual gifts.
---john9346 on 9/22/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Lasik Surgery


Cyril of Jerusalem said, "" Do not then believe me because I tell thee these things, unless thou receive from the Holy Scriptures the proof of what is set forth: for this salvation, which is of our faith, is not by ingenious reasonings, but by proof from the Holy Scriptures."
---john9346 on 9/20/16

If Cyril was really teaching sola scriptura at the above passage, then John has a huge problem. Cyril's Catechetical Lectures has teaching on the infallible teaching office of the Catholic Church (18:23) the Mass as a sacrifice (23:6-8) purgatory and prayers to the dead ( 23:10) the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist ( 19:7, 21:3, 22:1-9 ) baptismal regeneration ( 1: 1-3, 3:10-12 ) 21:3-4 ) All which John rejects!
---Ruben on 9/22/16


Irenaeus said, ""We have learned from none others the plan of our salvation, than from those through whom the gospel has come down to us, which they did at one time proclaim in public, and, at a later period, by the will of God, handed down to us in the Scriptures, to be the ground and pillar of our faith."
---john9346 on 9/20/16

In the next chapter Irenaeus writes,

But again,when we refer to that tradition which originates from the apostles, and which is preserved by means of the successions of presbyters in the churches..against heresies, Book 3 chapter 2, Article 2
---Ruben on 9/21/16


//Cyril of Jerusalem..proof from the Holy Scriptures."---john9346

WHY do you have 39 books of the OT when Cyril said to ONLY 22 books of the OT?

Cyril of Jerusalem on the Canon
From his Catechetical Lectures, iv. 33-37, about A.D. 350.

"Read the Divine Scriptures, the TWENTY-TWO books of the Old Testament,..Study earnestly these ONLY which we read openly in the CHURCH..Far WISER and more PIOUS than THYSELF were the Apostles, and the BISHOPS of old time, the PRESIDENTS of the CHURCH WHO HANDED DOWN THESE BOOKS...And of the Old Testament,..STUDY the two and twenty books, which, if thou art desirous of learning, strive to remember by name, as I recite them...(He names the books) the twenty-second of the OT."
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/21/16


Correct Samuel.

What Reuben must do for what he state to be factual is he must show a unanimous agreement of the rcc with the church fathers believing and teaching as rome does today.
---john9346 on 9/21/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Bullion


Irenaeus said, ""We have learned from none others the plan of our salvation, than from those through whom the gospel has come down to us, which they did at one time proclaim in public, and, at a later period, by the will of God, handed down to us in the Scriptures, to be the ground and pillar of our faith."
---john9346 on 9/20/16


Cyril of Jerusalem said, ""This seal have thou ever on thy mind, which now by way of summary has been touched on in its heads, and if the Lord grant, shall hereafter be set forth according to our power, with Scripture proofs. For concerning the divine and sacred Mysteries of the Faith, we ought not to deliver even the most casual remark without the Holy Scriptures: nor be drawn aside by mere probabilities and the artifices of argument. Do not then believe me because I tell thee these things, unless thou receive from the Holy Scriptures the proof of what is set forth: for this salvation, which is of our faith, is not by ingenious reasonings, but by proof from the Holy Scriptures."
---john9346 on 9/20/16


reuben states, "The Early Church Fathers were CATHOLIC ..."

The rcc didn't exist until about the 12th or 13th century (many many developments over time.)

In order for this statement to be true then it must be shown that Irenaeus and Cyril of Jerusalem believed and taught what the rcc believes today.
---john9346 on 9/20/16


There was no Roman Catholic church when the Early Church fathers lived. In fact there was no Orthodox churches either.

The RCC came about in 1055. Yes I know they say they were the only true church. But History shows they are leaving out facts.

That they were part of the catholic or Universal church we can agree on. But where do they say that they follow Traditions above the Bible? I have read some of their works. I don't remember them saying that.
---Samuelbb7 on 9/20/16


Shop For Christian Fundraising


The church fathers were Devout Christian Men who gave their lives for the sake of the Gospel by standing on "Scripture." Alone...

God sovereignly used men such as Athanasius, Augustine, Justin Martyr, and Polycarp to glorify himself...

I believe you maybe objecting because you prabaly think they were Romanists of which they were not of the representation of Roman, or Melkite Catholicism nor eastern orthodoxy.
---john9346 on 9/14/16

No Early Church Father stood on Scripture Alone.

Give me one example where they believe ONLY on scripture alone.

The Early Church Fathers were CATHOLIC ...
---Ruben on 9/20/16


Steveng,

Sir, please read my post in its entirety, the postings are very self explainatory.

Thank You,

John
---john9346 on 9/16/16


john9346 wrote: "Sir, Tell me, where have I not read the bible and instead believe my denominational "church"'s interpretation."

Whenyou answer this question, then we will all know who is assuming way too much."

I will answer you and I'm not assuming.

My answer? Just by what is written in your posts. Just as artists can recognize other artist's work by their unique style, writers can do the same.
---Steveng on 9/15/16


steveng said, "You should take your own advice and read the bible instead of believing your denominational "church"'s interpretation."

Sir, Tell me, where have I not read the bible and instead believe my denominational "church"'s interpretation."

Whenyou answer this question, then we will all know who is assuming way too much.
---john9346 on 9/15/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Menopause


//Nicole_Lacey, "Church" Fathers are blasphemous. God the Father is the christian's father...A christian only has one father.---Steveng

I guess Paul words in the Bible are blasphemous as well.

1Corinthians 4:15 Even if you should have countless guides to Christ, yet you do not have many fathers, for I became YOUR FATHER in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

St. Paul says he is the father of his Christian converts (1st Thess. 2:10-11). Acts calls Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and David fathers (4:25, 7:2, 8, 14). Paul says Timothy is his son, and he (Paul) is Timothy's father (Philip. 2:22). Reading Hebrews 12:9 AND 1st John 2:13, 14 twice calls certain members of the congregation fathers.-Tebone 0315-United Year of Faith
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/14/16


john9346 wrote: "The church fathers were Devout Christian Men who gave their lives for the sake of the Gospel by standing on "Scripture." Alone..."

You should take your own advice and read the bible instead of believing your denominational "church"'s interpretation.

The early christian leaders (the apostles, etc.) were NOT referred to as "father." Search the scriptures like the Bareans whether those things were so."

john9346 wrote: "I believe you maybe objecting because..."

You assume way too much.
---Steveng on 9/14/16


steveng,

The church fathers were Devout Christian Men who gave their lives for the sake of the Gospel by standing on "Scripture." Alone...

God sovereignly used men such as Athanasius, Augustine, Justin Martyr, and Polycarp to glorify himself...

I believe you maybe objecting because you prabaly think they were Romanists of which they were not of the representation of Roman, or Melkite Catholicism nor eastern orthodoxy.
---john9346 on 9/14/16


Nicole_Lacey, "Church" Fathers are blasphemous. God the Father is the christian's father. Our Father which art in heaven. A christian only has one father.
---Steveng on 9/13/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Penpals


Nicole,

I'd suggest you read this statement in its entirety.

It is not quoted in context.
---john9346 on 9/13/16


//Instead of citing your information from secondary sources, why not straight from the bible?---Steveng on 9/12/16

????

Because everyone knows that the term 'Church Fathers' are AFTER the Apostles mentioned in the Bible.

Other wise the term would be 'Men and Women' in the Bible. (BTW that term is used)

So when John asked me to name ONE Church Father, I answered his question.

//Nicole states, "Plus, the Church Fathers have all 46 OT not just the 39 books you have."

Name one?---john9346 on 9/7/16

I can't use Scripture to state how many Scriptures there is in the OT.


No Scriptures can answer John's question.

But Church Fathers can.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/13/16


Instead of citing your information from secondary sources, why not straight from the bible?
---Steveng on 9/12/16


//Ma'am, tell me, did you read this quote in its entirety or is this a quote you took from, "Catholics United for the Faith." ---john

I took it from "Catholic United for the Faith" several times.

That is why I gave you my citation.

Read the article.

It's too long to copy and paste.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/12/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Accounting


Nicole,

Ma'am, tell me, did you read this quote in its entirety or is this a quote you took from, "Catholics United for the Faith."
---john9346 on 9/11/16


reuben cited, "Does not the SCRIPTURE say: 'Burden not thyself above thy power' [SIRACH 13:2] Jerome, To Eustochium, Epistle 108 (A.D. 404), in NPNF2, VI:207"

Sir, tell us, what is your point?
---john9346 on 9/11/16


It seems you people, as most denominational christians, are adamant about what denomination they belong to and what they teach. 1 Corinthians 1:11-13, "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul, and I of Apollos, and I of Cephas...", and I of Baptist, and I of Catholic, and I of Orthodox, and I of Lutheran, and I of Protestant. Is Christ divided?

It seems Satan successfully worked very hard to accomplish his goal of dividing christiandom up into over sixty thousand different denominations each having their own rituals, traditions, ways of living and interpretations of the bible.
---Steveng on 9/11/16


Nicole,

Ma'am, tell me, did you read this quote in its entirety or are you just citing what "Catholic United for the Faith." have featured on their website??
---john9346 on 9/11/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Fundraisers


Reuben you cited, "Does not the SCRIPTURE say: 'Burden not thyself above thy power' [SIRACH 13:2] Jerome, To Eustochium, Epistle 108 (A.D. 404), in NPNF2, VI:207."

Sir, can you tell us, what is your point by citing this??
---john9346 on 9/11/16


Christ also created human beings, but he still had to learn how to walk.

He was taught his prayers and Bible verses.

Luke 2:52 And Jesus GREW in WISDOM and stature, and in favor with God and man.

How can Jesus grow in Wisdom if He is Wisdom Himself?

Because He wanted to be just like us in everyway
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/10/16


Christ did not have to be taught, He authored the Bible!
---WIVV on 9/10/16


It is Historical Factualness that Jerome did translate,however, he was specific that the apocrypha was not, "Divinely Inspired." "Canonical."
---john9346 on 9/8/16


Does not the SCRIPTURE say: 'Burden not thyself above thy power' [SIRACH 13:2] Jerome, To Eustochium, Epistle 108 (A.D. 404), in NPNF2, VI:207
---Ruben on 9/9/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Ecommerce


"Others point to St. Jeromes rejection of deuterocanonical material. While Jerome was originally suspicious of the extra OT books, which he only knew in Greek, he fully accepted the judgment of the Church on the matter, as shown in a letter written in 402 A.D.:

What sin have I committed if I follow the judgment of the churches? . . . I was not relating my own personal views [when I wrote the objections of the Jews to the longer form of Daniel in my introduction], but rather the remarks that [the Jews] are wont to make against us [Christians who accept the longer form of Daniel] (Against Rufinius, 11:33, emphasis added).[11]

Remember that Protestants reject the longer, Alexandrian version of Daniel, St. Jerome did not."
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/9/16


Sorry Jerry, I thought you wanted one name of the 7 books.

"The Catholic Old Testament follows the Alexandrian canon of the Septuagint

This exact canon also had the total support of important Church Fathers like St. Augustine (Christian Instruction, 397).[14] In 405, Pope St. Innocent also taught the Catholic canon in a letter to Exsuperius, Bishop of Toulouse,[15].."- Why Catholics have 7 more books. Catholics United for Faith

//Jerome did translate, however, he was specific that the apocrypha was not, "Divinely Inspired." "Canonical."---john9346 on 9/8/16

Please cite Jerome's own words stating what you claim.

I will cite why you are wrong about Jerome next
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/8/16


Nicole states, "the Church Fathers have all 46 OT not just the 39 books you have.

I am still waiting for you to tell us one church father who believed and taught this just give me 1??

It is Historical Factualness that Jerome did translate,however, he was specific that the apocrypha was not, "Divinely Inspired." "Canonical."
---john9346 on 9/8/16


//Yes he did translate them, but he did add they were not "Canonical."//

Jerome translated all of them in the Vulgate, and the early Church recognized them at the Synod of Rome in 382.

the Church Fathers have all 46 OT not just the 39 books you have."

Name one? ---john9346

Sure
These Old Testament Deuterocanonical books that are divinely inspired are Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), Baruch, 1st and 2nd Maccabees, chapters 10-16 of Esther, Daniel 3:24-90 (Song of the Three Young Men), Daniel 13 (the story of Susannah), and Daniel 14 (Bel and the Dragon).
Source: "The Complete Bible: Why Catholics Have Seven More Books," Faith Facts by Catholics United for the Faith.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/7/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Jewelry


Nicole states, "I said the RCC COMPILED certain Gospels and Epistles into the Bible you are enjoying NOW."

But it wasn't until 1546 AD that rome did this at Trent.

Nicole ask, "He rejected them but still translated them into Latin???"

Yes he did translate them, but he did add they were not "Canonical."

Nicole states, "Plus, the Church Fathers have all 46 OT not just the 39 books you have."

Name one?
---john9346 on 9/7/16


//The bible (Scriptures) was known, defended, and quoted prior to the Fourth-century...before the council of Trent in AD 1546.//

I am denying there wasn't any Scriptures BEFORE the 4th century.

I said the RCC COMPILED certain Gospels and Epistles into the Bible you are enjoying NOW.

BTW we (RCC and Orthodox Churches) have other letters written (not counted to into the Bible) to Churches in the 1st A.D. in our Divine Liturgy.

//Jerome rejected the Apocryphal Books and so did many many church fathers. ---john9346 on 9/6/16//

He rejected them but still translated them into Latin???

That doesn't make sense.

Plus, the Church Fathers have all 46 OT not just the 39 books you have.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/7/16


Close Samuel, but the RCC always states that the Orthodox Churches have the FULLNESS OF FAITH.

St Pope JP II said "Church must learn to breathe with both lungs, its Eastern one and its Western one."
The great schism is the Lobectomy of Jesus' Body.

Now the Orthodox and RCC claims the other one performed the lobectomy :D

But for the Protestant Denominations we (RCC) states it is a WOUND to our side.

Not so with the Orthodox Churches they are healthy but separated from us.

In other words the Orthodox Church is like the spouse in the family separated.

Protestants are our Children that ran away.

We are worried about Protestants and want you all to come home before you get hurt or die.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/7/16


nicole states, "5th Century is when the Bible was COMPILED not written. A difference."

The bible (Scriptures) was known, defended, and quoted prior to the Fourth-century.

The bible was known, quoted, and defended long before the council of Trent in AD 1546.

Jerome rejected the Apocryphal Books and so did many many church fathers.
---john9346 on 9/6/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Furniture


True Nicole the one church made up of both the RCC and the Orthodox existed. That was the only church that existed from the apostles.

But each said the other was wrong and still do. The RCC maintains it was the one true church and the Orthodox separated for not following the Pope. They call Peter and all the other before then Popes. But that system of authority didn't exist in the combined church.

All the Bishops represented Peter and were equal. Is what they church taught for centuries until Rome changed the teaching.

I follow the Bible. Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 9/6/16


//Ma'am, it wasn't until April of 1546..defined what it thought should be considered, "Scripture."..I am pretty sure ..Jerome weren't waiting until 1546 AD to know what was "Scripture."--john9346

Sir, if you know about St. Jerome you KNOW he translated the whole Bible from Hebrew/Greek to Latin.

The Bible is Scripture.

STOP watching the 'History Channel'

5th Century is when the Bible was COMPILED not written. A difference


//Read about the Great Schism. ---Samuelbb7

Schism is when the Orthodox separated from the Catholic Church still intact. Meaning they kept the SAME beliefs. 1054 A.D

Logically if you separate it means you have to leave something that already EXISTED.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/6/16


Nicole states, "It was the RCC who DECIDED (canonized) which Gospels and Epistles (letters) would be in the Bible.

Ma'am, it wasn't until April of 1546 at the Council of Trent that rome defined what it thought should be considered, "Scripture."

This is about 1500 years after the church was established.

I am pretty sure that Cyril of Jerusalem, Athanasius, and Jerome weren't waiting until 1546 AD to know what was "Scripture." or not "Scripture."
---john9346 on 9/5/16


Who taught Jesus His mother and Father.

When the Bible was canonized the Roman Catholic church nor the Orthodox didn't exist.

Neither of them came into being until 1054. That is history. Read about the Great Schism.
---Samuelbb7 on 9/5/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Laptops


//John was well aware of the gospel accounts of Matthew, Mark, and Luke.//

How do you know John was aware of the Matthew, Mark and Luke's Gospels?

Is it in the Bible?

//"It was the RCC who DECIDED (canonized) which Gospels and Epistles (letters) would be in the Bible."-ME

John 21:25? that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."---Steveng

Yes, because the RCC deemed the Gospel of John should be in Bible.

//It was Paul and John who canonized the New Testament. It was John who finalized the New Testament. (John 21:25 and at the end he finalized it by saying "Amen")--Steveng

Many testimonials, books, gospels and Epistles kept safe by the RCC
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/5/16


Nicole_Lacey wrote: "Matthew, Mark, Luke, Peter, James and unknown authors such as the Hebrews would disagree with you."

John was well aware of the gospel accounts of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. Christianity existed through what was written and by personal letters and journals and by word of mouth.

Nicole_Lacey wrote: "It was the RCC who DECIDED (canonized) which Gospels and Epistles (letters) would be in the Bible."

Did you even read John 21:25? Here's the verse, but read it on context: "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."
---Steveng on 9/5/16


//majority..largest libraries in eastern Europe and Middle East...Royal Library of Alexandria//

Which most BURNED down.

The Vatican has most CHRISTIAN testimonials. She also holds a lot of secular testimonials as well.

//Also, the Romans were very meticulous in keeping records of which have documents that coincide with stories in the bible including Jesus' appearance in front of the Roman courts.//

Yes and kept by the Vatican as I said.

//It was Paul and John who canonized the New Testament.---Steveng

Matthew, Mark, Luke, Peter, James and unknown authors such as the Hebrews would disagree with you.

It was the RCC who DECIDED (canonized) which Gospels and Epistles (letters) would be in the Bible.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/5/16


Nicole_Lacey wrote: "The RCC has these written testimonials."

Maybe a few, but the majority of these documents are held in three of the largest libraries in eastern Europe and Middle East. The Royal Library of Alexandria being one.

Also, the Romans were very meticulous in keeping records of which have documents that coincide with stories in the bible including Jesus' appearance in front of the Roman courts.

It was Paul and John who canonized the New Testament. It was John who finalized the New Testament. (John 21:25 and at the end he finalized it by saying "Amen")
---Steveng on 9/5/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Lawyer


//'Christians today do not "know" how Jesus was taught from conception to the age of twelve since we were not there to witness his teachings.//


There were Witness, and the RCC kept the Oral and written traditions for us today.


//There are tens of thousands of letters, testimonials and stories written about the lives of Joseph, Mary and Jesus that can fill a medium sized library. --Steveng on 9/3/16

Correct!

The RCC has these written testimonials.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/4/16


Christians today do not "know" how Jesus was taught from conception to the age of twelve since we were not there to witness his teachings. I'm sure God chose Joseph and Mary because of their faith and their ability to teach Jesus having set an example as part of his teachings. Even John the Baptist while still in Elizabeth's womb kicked after hearing the salutations of Mary.

The bible as you see it today isn't the only things that are written. There are tens of thousands of letters, testimonials and stories written about the lives of Joseph, Mary and Jesus that can fill a medium sized library.
---Steveng on 9/3/16


Then why make this comment?: "How so? Was she a Doctor of Theology?"

The heading asks "Who taught Jesus The Bible". Sorry, my bad. I read the heading that the moderators wrote, which is NOT the same as the question initially being asked. Unfortunately, they seem to do this all too often. Sigh.

(To be fair, the error is not entirely mine. After all, you asked me to re-read the "heading", and not the "topic".)

Because it isn't 'FIRST' prayers as writing in the heading.

(See above. It is "Bible" in the heading, and "first prayers" in the topic, two different things.)
---StrongAxe on 8/27/16


//You wrote: Read the heading.
I did.//

Then why make this comment?: "How so? Was she a Doctor of Theology?"

You don't START children with Theology.

//I proved it COULD NOT have been Mary.//

NO YOU DIDN'T

//Could she teach him simple children's prayers, like we teach children...Yes.//

That's called 'first' prayers

//Could she teach him enough to confound the very learned doctors of law? No.---StrongAxe on 8/26/16

Because it isn't 'FIRST' prayers as writing in the heading.

You just PROVED my POINT!

You must learn 1+1= 2 BEFORE you can do Calculus.

So why are we debating this?

Mary TAUGHT Him His FIRST prayers not Psalms 118
---Nicole_Lacey on 8/26/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Dedicated Hosting


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Read the heading.

I did. And I proved it COULD NOT have been Mary. Could she teach him simple children's prayers, like we teach children "Jesus loves me, this I know"? Yes. Could she teach him enough to confound the very learned doctors of law? No.
---StrongAxe on 8/26/16


//It's common sense that Mary taught Jesus because He was with her 24/7.- ME

How so? Was she a Doctor of Theology? There is nothing anywhere in scripture that says so. She might have taught him a few common prayers, but not deep knowledge of all the scriptures.---StrongAxe on 8/25/16

SLOW DOWN.

Read the heading.

//Who taught the boy Jesus His FIRST prayers and Bible verses?- Cluny//

First as in SIMPLE for a 3 year old boy to understand
---Nicole_Lacey on 8/26/16


\\She might have taught him a few common prayers, but not deep knowledge of all the scriptures.\\

That basically is the question I'm asking.

\\If Jesus learned scripture from his mother, then she would not have marvelled at his wisdom at the temple - she would have already experienced it while teaching him.
\\

I'm sure she and St. Joseph were already aware of this, and were not surprised by what amazed the teachers in the Temple.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 8/26/16


Nicole_Lacey:

It's common sense that Mary taught Jesus because He was with her 24/7.

How so? Was she a Doctor of Theology? There is nothing anywhere in scripture that says so. God did not choose her because of her knowledge, but rather, because of her faith. She might have taught him a few common prayers, but not deep knowledge of all the scriptures.

If Jesus learned scripture from his mother, then she would not have marvelled at his wisdom at the temple - she would have already experienced it while teaching him.
---StrongAxe on 8/25/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Marketing


Bible verses - Christ is the author of the Bible !
---RichardC on 8/25/16


It wasn't Christ's mother. Christ was her teacher.---trey on 8/24/16

Sorry, but Christ is also the Master when He is grown.

As a young Child He is Neither the Teacher or the Master.

Luke 2:51 HE went down with them (parents) and came to Nazareth, and was OBEDIENT to them (Parents)

I Never heard of a Master being obedient to a Servant.

It's common sense that Mary taught Jesus because He was with her 24/7.

Joseph was too busy providing for the Holy Family.

He couldn't teach Jesus his FIRST prayers (As Cluny states)

Jewish children start learning about prayers as soon as they can SPEAK.

Most boys that is around 3 years old.

Boys speak words at a later age than girls.
---Nicole_Lacey on 8/25/16


The Father thought Him through His Spirit, the same as He does for His children today, utilizing the tools He had made available to man at the time. As it is written, His custom was to enter the synagogue on the sabbath as the scripture was read, and apparently He had the God given desire and confidence, to sit and listen to teachers in the temple court and ask them questions, even at the age of twelve. "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the 'grace' (as the Divine influence) of God was upon him". As a result "Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 4:16>Luk 2:46>Luke 2:40,52
---josef on 8/25/16


Some verses to consider:
Christ at 13 years of age:
Luke 2:47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

John 7:14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. (KJV)
John 7:15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned? (KJV)
John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. (KJV)

Who taught Christ? Answer: God.

It wasn't Christ's mother. Christ was her teacher.
---trey on 8/24/16


Read These Insightful Articles About VoIP Service


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Mary As all good mothers

How do you know this? In Jewish culture, men were required to study scripture, but women were not. In fact, Rabbi Eliezer taught that women were forbidden to do so, and the historical concensus sided with him.
---StrongAxe on 8/24/16


Mary

As all good mothers
---Nicole_Lacey on 8/24/16


Jesus was brought up to attend the synagogue and would have used what we call the Old Testament. The New Testament is ABOUT HIM and did not exist when Jesus was learning from His elders. His teachers would have been those who taught in the synagogue and, to some extent, Mary and Joseph.

Of course, there would have been nothing that He did not know because He came in human form from being with God in Heaven. He was found teaching His elders remember.
---Rita_H on 8/24/16


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.