ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Where Was Adam Made

WHERE was Adam made?

Join Our Christian Chat and Take The Creationism Quiz
 ---Leon on 9/9/16
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Post a New Blog



Leon:

The Bible mentions men in genealogies, but women only if they are important to the plot. It doesn't mention any children before Cain+Abel, but never mentions ANY daughters at all, so if you assume there must have been daughters, there's no telling when in the narrative they were born (before or after). No mention that Cain or Abel had wives before the slaying.

There is no mention of WHAT the Mark of Cain was, other than the implication that it was easy to see. (White supremacists think it was black skin, but can't explain how that got past Noah).

So tell us, from the Bible, who the giants were (angels or men (or dinosaurs, as David has claimed)) - chapter and verse, please.
---StrongAxe on 10/19/16


Logically, God instantly made Cain much larger than "every one". People do fear size, i.e., GIANTS!!!
---Leon


Leon
Not a bad theory, but I don't believe a mark would encompass the entire body. If we use the Mark of the beast as an example, the Mark is only placed on the hand or forehead.

And it says there were Giants after the flood. This would mean Cains descendants were on the ark with Noah, which is highly unlikely due to his expulsion.

StrongAxe
The science you use is based on theories, not facts. The existence of the Dinosaur is a fact.
---David on 10/19/16


Dave: Thanks! I thought you'd never ask.

As previously stated: "I believe the Bible explains itself if we'd only pay close attention to (hear) what the word of God actually says.

Q...Did Adam & Eve have other children besides Cain & Abel at the time Cain slew Abel? ~ Who were the "every one" Cain feared? ~ How'd Cain get a wife? ~ What was the mark of Cain? ~ Was Cain exiled away from his birth family? ~ Who were the giants (angels or men)? ~ Who were the sons of God?

The answers to these questions, & more, are in the Bible! But we ALL need to spend time listening, hearing, paying attention to God rather than to what we think.---Leon on 10/5/16"
---Leon on 10/18/16


Dave: God told A & E to be fruitful & multiple. They obeyed & did so before the fall. Their children, before Cain & Abel, were females. God hadn't yet prohibited mating of brothers & sisters. So, Cain & Abel both had sisters for wives & they too "multiplied". Jealous Cain "rose up" & murdered his brother. After being discovered, he was afraid. So, God "marked" him for protection against "every one". Some people say the mark was skin color. There's no Bible mentioning of or evidence of that. How would that protect him from "every one" anyway? Logically, God instantly made Cain much larger than "every one". People do fear size, i.e., GIANTS!!!
---Leon on 10/18/16


StrongAxe & Leon
I have allowed both of you to critique my thoughts, as to who the Giants were, but you have not given me your thoughts, as to who they were.

Now since both of you don't believe what I say,....that the giant we're animals, you must believe they were giant humans, for this is the only other logical conclusion. I have a question for both of you concerning your belief.

Now since these Giants were here before and after the flood, and the only ones who survived the flood, were on the ark with Noah, and Noah's family were the only humans on the ark, who do you believe the Giants were in Noah's family?
---David on 10/18/16




David:

Science is based on the Scientific Method: i.e. you observe nature to try to understand it. From this, you make conjectures about how it works. You verify these conjectures to make sure they agree with all existing evidence. Then, you conduct experiments on new cases to get new evidence, and see if the conjectures still hold. Disagreement proves them wrong. Agreement doesn't prove them right, but makes them more likely.

So scientific evidence falls on deaf ears in our discussion about God.

The moment you brought the word "Dinosaur" into the discussion, YOU changed it from a discussion about God to a discussion about science, since "Dinosaur" is a scientific and not biblical concept.
---StrongAxe on 10/17/16


///...StrongAxe: To be fair, I see Science as conjecture, not the Holy Bible.

Stephen Hawking is seen, by many, as the greatest scientists alive today and he doesn't even believe in God. He doesn't believe, because he has no scientific evidence. Today, Science is all about proving the existence of mans wisdom, it's not about proving Gods.

So scientific evidence falls on deaf ears in our discussion about God.
---David on 10/17/16///

Dave: Obviously, you're making it up as you go. Delude yourself if you want, but, there aren't any facts to support your claim that Genesis 6:4 is talking about dinosaurs & you know it.
---Leon on 10/17/16


There is no scientific evidence whatsoever that the creatures whose skeletons were found (that we call dinosaurs) were fire-breathing. There is no evidence whatsoever that the large creatures in the Bible were the same creatures we call dinosaurs. The link between them is totally conjecture.---StrongAxe

StrongAxe
To be fair, I see Science as conjecture, not the Holy Bible.

Stephen Hawking is seen, by many, as the greatest scientists alive today and he doesn't even believe in God. He doesn't believe, because he has no scientific evidence. Today, Science is all about proving the existence of mans wisdom, it's not about proving Gods.

So scientific evidence falls on deaf ears in our discussion about God.
---David on 10/17/16


David:

You wrote: It appears, Though the Bible supports there were fire breathing dinosaurs, you see this evidence as conjecture too. I can understand your not accepting my account, but why don't you accept biblical evidence?

No. Job suggests fire-breathing CREATURES, not fire-breathing DINOSAURS. The idea that they were dinosaurs is entirely in your own mind. There is no scientific evidence whatsoever that the creatures whose skeletons were found (that we call dinosaurs) were fire-breathing. There is no evidence whatsoever that the large creatures in the Bible were the same creatures we call dinosaurs. The link between them is totally conjecture.
---StrongAxe on 10/16/16


Leviathan also suggests a fire-breathing dragon, but there were no dinosaurs like that.---StrongAxe

StrongAxe
It appears, Though the Bible supports there were fire breathing dinosaurs, you see this evidence as conjecture too. I can understand your not accepting my account, but why don't you accept biblical evidence?
---David on 10/16/16




David:

You wrote: But after reading Job, I now know he lived after the flood. This puts Job 40-41 into play, where God clearly talks about Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs which lived after the flood.

Job 40:15 mentions behemoth, 41:1 mentions leviathan. These are believed to be large land and sea creatures, but there is no indication that they are dinosaurs. That is pure conjecture. There were large and small dinosaurs, and large and small non-dinosaurs. Leviathan also suggests a fire-breathing dragon, but there were no dinosaurs like that.
---StrongAxe on 10/16/16


David:

Of course, animals who missed the boat wouldn't be seen after the flood, but the same would happen to animals that went extinct before the flood. If you read the genealogies in Genesis, you see that Methuselah died in the same year as the flood. It is impossible to tell from the text whether he died in the flood, or shortly before it. Similarly, you can't tell whether unicorns died in the flood (as the song by the Rovers suggests), or before the flood, or were totally fictional (as there are no skeletons).

And how do you know these depictions came after the flood and not before the flood?

These are not cave drawings, but skeletons more than 4000 years old - hence pre-flood.
---StrongAxe on 10/14/16


Hmmm...discovered something interesting this morning, I'd like to share. I don't know what the rest of you believe, but I had always assumed Job lived before the flood.

But after reading Job, I now know he lived after the flood. This puts Job 40-41 into play, where God clearly talks about Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs which lived after the flood.
---David on 10/15/16


-But dinosaurs WERE after the flood, else all the dinosaur depictions made by man, after the flood and before the term "dinosaur" came to be, are very accurate imaginations.
-I'd take historical evidence over assumptive theories any day.
---micha9344 on 10/14/16


And how do you know these depictions came after the flood and not before the flood? Who do you believe these Giants were in (Genesis 6:4), and why were they mentioned? Let's hear your theory.
---David on 10/14/16


ANYONE: Is Genesis 6:1-6 about human beings (mankind) or animals?
---Leon on 10/14/16


/since the Bible says he saved every type of animal, and we know many missed the boat.\-David on 10/14/16
-Which ones "missed the boat"?
-How do we know?
/However, dinosaurs were NOT after the flood.\-StrongAxe on 10/12/16
-But dinosaurs WERE after the flood, else all the dinosaur depictions made by man, after the flood and before the term "dinosaur" came to be, are very accurate imaginations.
-I'd take historical evidence over assumptive theories any day.
---micha9344 on 10/14/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Affiliate Program


Thanks for the correction StrongAxe.
I have a bad habit of using the word Dinosaur in the manner you suggest. Allow me to try again.

There were many prehistoric animals, and I believe the Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo and Rhino, if they had not been placed on the Ark, would have been placed in a prehistoric animal category, as the Dinosaur was.

You may not consider them Giants, but I do. I also believe God only saved Animals God created for the Garden of Eden, since the Bible says he saved every type of animal, and we know many missed the boat.
---David on 10/14/16


David wrote:

If the Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo and Rhino were extinct, and modern man had never seen one, and we dug up their bones, wouldn't we refer to them as Dinosaur too?

No, any more than we refer to the now-extinct wooly mammoths as dinosaurs. "Dinosaur" does not mean "extinct". It is a word that refers to "lizard".
---StrongAxe on 10/13/16


Let us suppose that, as y However, dinosaurs were NOT after the flood. Doesn't that disprove your initial supposition?
---StrongAxe on 10/12/16


StrongAxe
If the Elephant, Giraffe, Hippo and Rhino were extinct, and modern man had never seen one, and we dug up their bones, wouldn't we refer to them as Dinosaur too?

If so, then these Giants/Dinosaurs did live after the flood. Only we call them Elephants, Giraffes, Hippos and Rhinos.
---David on 10/13/16


David:

Let us suppose that, as you say, Giants were dinosaurs. You quoted Genesis 6:4 as saying giants were both before and after the flood. However, dinosaurs were NOT after the flood. Doesn't that disprove your initial supposition?
---StrongAxe on 10/12/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Abortion Facts


Dave: Open mindedness is seeking after the facts, discovering the truth & dealing with it honestly whether you like it or not. You're fantasizing an idea (theory) by trying to square peg a round hole. Consequentially, you've gone blindly down a rabbit hole.

Ignore me if you like & believe what you want, but what you've said isn't substantiated by the Bible.
---Leon on 10/12/16


StrongAxe
Thanks for having an open mind, makes for an interesting discussion.

In (Genesis 6:4) it tells us the Giants were here, "Before and After", the Sons of God slept wit the daughters of men. Meaning these Giants existed before and after the flood.

Consider these facts:
Some of these Giants had to have been on the ark with Noah, to exist after the flood (Genesis 7:21-23). The Giants seen after the flood, are the Elephant, Giraffe, Rhino and Hippo. And we have always known of their existence.

But Modern man didn't know of the existence of the Dinosaur until the 1800's. Why?
Because modern man had never seen one. Why?
Because they only existed, "before" the flood.
---David on 10/12/16


///The giants mentioned in (Genesis 6:4) were Dinosaurs. Mentioned to give us a reference of time, the time when God flooded the Earth. People didn't believe in the existence of Dinosaurs until finding their fossils in the 1800s...Genesis 6:4) accounts for their existence, before the flood, long before man had any knowledge of the Dinosaur.---David on 10/11/16///

David: The giants were dinosaur, really?! I've heard that said quite often, but where in Scripture is that substantiated?

G6:1-3 is obviously talking about men (mankind). Why then would the topic, all of a sudden, take a radical turn in G6:4 to animals (dinosaur) & back again to men in G6:5-22? That's illogical & unfounded in the Bible.
---Leon on 10/11/16


David:

You wrote: The giants mentioned in (Genesis 6:4) were Dinosaurs.

This is an interesting theory, but I have never heard anyone else every suggest it before. What evidence do you have for it, other than conjecture?

Many Dinosaurs have been found buried.

Yes, but never any in the same strata as human beings.

How did they get buried?

They must have been buried suddenly, by some catastrophe, under very special circumstances, just as most other fossils - because the vast majority of bodies that are buried totally decay, eventually leaving no remains.
---StrongAxe on 10/11/16


Send a Free Support Ecard


The giants mentioned in (Genesis 6:4) were Dinosaurs. Mentioned to give us a reference of time, the time when God flooded the Earth. People didn't believe in the existence of Dinosaurs until finding their fossils in the 1800s.

Many Dinosaurs have been found buried.
How did they get buried?
Did they bury one another...
Or were they buried by the flood?
I think the answer is logically obvious.

And (Genesis 6:4) accounts for their existence, before the flood, long before man had any knowledge of the Dinosaur.
---David on 10/11/16


Luke: First, regarding my question about "omniscience", it's absolutely true, only Infinite God, THE CREATOR, knows everything. God created "finite" beings (angels & us). Therefore, Lucifer (aka Satan) knows only what God allows.

Many people think the Job 1:6...scene is in Heaven & the "sons of God" were angels. I see no Scriptural evidence of that. Also, some think Satan, who was thrown out (exiled) of Heaven, has the prerogative to return there at will. Again, no evidence of that exists in the Bible. Actually, such a notion is illogical.

So, where was Satan at the time God asked him about Job? He was on earth (Job 1:7).

Due to limited space here, to be continued.
---Leon on 10/9/16


Leon, you asked me if Satan was Omniscient? NO Leon he is not. Only God is Omniscient.

Then you asked me: 2. "Did (can) angels make for themselves human-like bodies & cohabitate with women?
Yes Leon, we are told that in the Bible a few times.
We know that two angels were seated where Jesus body had layed down in the tome.
And in Hebrews 13:2 where we are told:
"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing some have unwittingly entertained angels"
So angels sometimes turned to human being, or had the body of human beings.
"
---Luke on 10/9/16


And God said, Let us make man (H120 adam) in our image, after our likeness: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him, male and female created he them. Gen 1:25,26
This is the book of the generations of Adam (H121 Adam). In the day that God created man (H120 adam), in the likeness of God made he him, Male and female created he them, and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. Gen 5:1,2 And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. gen 3:20
---Josef on 10/9/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


///...your evidence in Job is compelling, if those mentioned, were the only Sons of God in the Bible.

I call them mythical creatures, because many take what's written in (Genesis 6:4) at face value...many see these giants as the offspring of the Sons of God. If you don't see...this...who do you believe these Giants are?... why are they mentioned?

If the Sons of God...in Job could have children on Earth, wouldn't they have the same ability to have children in heaven?---David on 10/8/16///

David: Necessary to understanding who the giants were, as well as the sons of God (G6:1-4), we must first understand what "kinds" mean (G1:21-28). Then an understanding of the mark of Cain (G4:13-15) is required.
---Leon on 10/8/16


Leon:

You wrote: 'Axe: I won't be baited into an argument with nor do I have to prove anything to you. If you want to be ignorant, that's your business. Have a good day.

Baited? YOU first posed the question, and claimed that the answer is in the Bible. I am certain that it is not, so I challenged you to back up your assertion. Since you made the assertion in the first place, it is up to you to prove it! The Bible says two or three witnesses are needed to establish any truth. All I'm doing is asking you to meet that level of scrutiny. I'd even settle for one!

You don't HAVE to prove anything, but if you don't, your statement is just an unsubstantiated claim, like many others that nobody deserves to take seriously.
---StrongAxe on 10/8/16


Who said they were mythical creatures? They were real. The sons of God were identified elsewhere almost exclusively as real angels not mythical in (Job 1:6 2:1: 31:7).---Luke

Luke
I agree, they were very real. And your evidence in Job is compelling, if those mentioned, were the only Sons of God in the Bible.

I call them mythical creatures, because many take what's written in (Genesis 6:4) at face value. For many see these giants as the offspring of the Sons of God. If you don't see them in this manner, who do you believe these Giants are? And why are they mentioned?

If the Sons of God, you mention in Job could have children on Earth, wouldn't they have the same ability to have children in heaven?
---David on 10/8/16


Luke, please indulge me two questions:

1. Is satan all-knowing (omniscient)?

2. Did (can) angels make for themselves human-like bodies & cohabitate with women?
---Leon on 10/7/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


David, you said:
"True, but it does log the pertinent ones. For instance, if you read the Bible without the aid of the popular Adam and Eve saga, the Geneology of the Sons of God are listed at the end of (Genesis 5)."
David, it is not an Adam and Eve Saga. It was the Word of God and came from God's own Words. Then you say:

"In your version of events, the Sons of God are made out to be mythical creatures in (Genesis 6). Isn't this true?" Who said they were mythical creatures? They were real. The sons of God were identified elsewhere almost exclusively as real angels not mythical in (Job 1:6 2:1: 31:7). Or they were the sons of Seth. Nevertheless, they were real.
---Luke on 10/7/16


///Leon: You wrote: Just because something doesn't, on the surface, "look like" anything of importance to you doesn't mean it's invalid. Who made you the authority here? smh

Fine. Then prove me wrong, and answer your own question, and show me, from the Bible, where Eve was created.
---StrongAxe on 10/7/16///

'Axe: I won't be baited into an argument with nor do I have to prove anything to you. If you want to be ignorant, that's your business. Have a good day.
---Leon on 10/7/16


Leon:

You wrote: Just because something doesn't, on the surface, "look like" anything of importance to you doesn't mean it's invalid. Who made you the authority here? smh

Fine. Then prove me wrong, and answer your own question, and show me, from the Bible, where Eve was created.
---StrongAxe on 10/7/16


///...When someone asks a question...where Eve was created?", [it's] fairly simple to look at the scriptures that say where she was created...This [isn't] a matter of getting deep spiritual understanding...[It's] merely a matter of looking at the text. Paul praised the Bereans who "SEARCHED the scriptures daily, to see if these things are so"...---StrongAxe on 10/6/16///

'Axe: Did the Bereans simply "look" at Scripture? No bud, THEY READ, meditated upon & were led by God, the Holy Spirit, to compare Paul's teachings to Scripture.

Just because something doesn't, on the surface, "look like" anything of importance to you doesn't mean it's invalid. Who made you the authority here? smh
---Leon on 10/6/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


///...Obviously, the Bible says nothing to you regarding the questions I listed.

Right. The Bible doesn't say anything about it [?!], so if you get answers, they're not from the Bible [?!].---StrongAxe on 10/6/16///

Incredible 'Axe. Such great swelling words coming from the vacuum (vast emptiness) in your mind. Who made you the divine authority in these matters? If, after merely looking, you don't understand the content of any particular blog, you have options 1.) Disregard & move on to blogs more to your liking & understanding or 2.) Be silent & ask the Lord to show you (from Scripture) WHAT IS SO. But, you have absolutely no authority to pass judgment upon things you don't understand bud.
---Leon on 10/6/16


Leon:

When someone asks a question like, "Does the Bible say where Eve was created?", it is fairly simple to look at the scriptures that say where she was created, and see if a location is mentioned or not. This is not a matter of getting deep spiritual understanding - it is a matter of whether something is plainly there in black and white. It is merely a matter of looking at the text. Paul praised the Bereans who "searched the scriptures daily, to see if these things are so".

Obviously, the Bible says nothing to you regarding the questions I listed.

Right. The Bible doesn't say anything about it, so if you get answers, they're not from the Bible.
---StrongAxe on 10/6/16


///The answers are either in the Bible or not. This can be verified by looking at scripture. Hearing and attention have nothing to do with it. The Bible does not say anything about ANY of the questions you posed...---StrongAxe on 10/5/16///

'Axe: You can "look" at Scripture (the Bible) all you want, for as long as you want, & gain zero understanding from it. The Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the word of God." (Ro. 10:17) The problem with people like you is you guys don't hear because you're not "paying attention".

Obviously, the Bible says nothing to you regarding the questions I listed. That's what merely looking at Scripture will get you.
---Leon on 10/5/16


Leon:

You wrote: I believe the Bible explains itself if we'd only pay close attention to (hear) what the word of God actually says.

I frequently comment here on this very issue.

The answers to these questions, & more, are in the Bible! But we ALL need to spend time listening, hearing, paying attention to God rather than to what we think.

The answere are either in the Bible or not. This can be verified by looking at scripture. Hearing and attention have nothing to do with it. The Bible does not say anything about ANY of the questions you posed - one must read between the lines (and different people read vacuum differently).
---StrongAxe on 10/5/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


This conversation has departed from "WHERE was Adam made?" Okay, so be it!

I believe the Bible explains itself if we'd only pay close attention to (hear) what the word of God actually says.

Q. Was Eve created on the same day as Adam? ~ Did Adam & Eve have other children besides Cain & Abel at the time Cain slew Abel? ~ Who were the "every one" Cain feared? ~ How'd Cain get a wife? ~ What was the mark of Cain? ~ Was Cain exiled away from his birth family? ~ Who were the giants (angels or men)? ~ Who were the sons of God?

The answers to these questions, & more, are in the Bible! But we ALL need to spend time listening, hearing, paying attention to God rather than to what we think.
---Leon on 10/5/16


The Bible does not write down every detail.-Luke

True, but it does log the pertinent ones. For instance, if you read the Bible without the aid of the popular Adam and Eve saga, the Geneology of the Sons of God are listed at the end of (Genesis 5).

In your version of events, the Sons of God are made out to be mythical creatures in (Genesis 6). Isn't this true?
---David on 10/5/16


David, Where do you come out with all your views? In the beginning there was no restriction against marrying brothers and sisters or close relatives. That is how the world begin. In later years God put a restriction. But that was many years later. The people had multiplied many times over. The Bible does not write down every detail. Years passes by between events. By the times Adam had Cain and Abel, many years went by. We know that when Cain killed Abel they were already grown up, we don't know how old they were when the murder happened. When they were banned people had already multiplied and there was people every where. There was no written law, but Romans 1:18-21 clearly explains why people are guilty without the written law.
---Luke on 10/4/16


Nicole and Rita
My version of creation easily explains where Cains wife came from, and who the Sons of God were. But I'm a bit confused in my understanding of your version.

Where do you believe Cains wife came from, and who do you believe the Sons of God are in (Genesis 6)?And is there any biblical evidence to base your answers?

To be fair, I wouldn't bet my life on my version either. LOL
---David on 10/4/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Counseling


David I do have an open mind. For instance I don't believe one day is 24 hours.

Rita gave a good explanation.

I read Genesis 2 again. Thanks.

But, it only states that Cain was settled in the land of Nod. It doesn't state Cain was banned from his family.

It doesn't state no one didn't traveled to Nod.

It just jumps to Cain having a wife.

Go back to Genesis 2:18 we know God had to make a wife for Adam because the other creation wasn't suitable.

V24 He calls the woman a wife type coming together with the man as one body.

Note V25 only states man and wife, not man and woman.

Who knows, maybe (A BIG MAYBE) Cain's wife appeared as His mother from his side. The DNA still comes from Adam.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/3/16


David Genesis 1 and 2 are not different accounts showing the timetable in a different order. One states what was created on which day but two is a summary of what happened over those days but not expecting us to accept that as happening in that order.

We often do that about things that we have been involved in, we tell one person exactly what happens in sequence but to another person we might just tell them that various things happened over a specific period of time (but not necessarily in the order they happened). One is a summary of the other and that is what we have in Gen. 1 and 2.
---Rita_H on 10/3/16


Nicole
Your going to need to have an open mind, or your not going to see the evidence.

Notice in Genesis 1, the animals and most everything else, is created before man, but in Genesis 2, everything is created after Adam.
In Genesis 1, male and female were created on the same day, but in (Genesis 2), eve was created after Adam.

If you don't except this account, tell me how Cains wife came to exist, and how she came to dwell in Nod? Did she have family in Nod?, If she did, where did the males and females come from?
---David on 10/3/16


David, Romans 5:11-15 Not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. Therefore, just as sin entered the world through ONE man and death through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned. For sin was in the world before the Law was given, but sin is not taken into account when there is no law. Nevertheless, death reigned from Adam until Moses, EVEN over those who did not sin in the way that Adam transgressed. He is a pattern of the One to come. 15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the ONE man, how much more did Gods grace and the gift that came by the grace of the ONE man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many!
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/2/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Relief


Correct StrongAxe. I can only assume that, as God had provided no other people except Adam and his family (they were yet to come by being Adam's seed) He saw this (incest) as correct, at that time, rather than wrong. Killing someone comes in a different category and, I am assuming that God had given them a conscience so that they would instinctively know that killing another human being was wrong.

I've thought about this a lot and nothing else makes sense. I'm open to, and interested in, any other suggestions though.
---Rita_H on 10/2/16


Nicole
Jesus is referred as the second Adam in (1Corinthians 15:45). But this did not make him the 2nd man. He is referred to in this manner, because both Jesus, and Adam, were the Sons of God, Gods perfect creation. (Hebrews 5:9)

In (Genesis 6) and we can see others called Sons of God. These folks were called Sons of God, because they were Adams offspring. Just as those who are born of Christ, the second Adam, are called Sons of God.

In (Genesis 6:1) it says the Sons of God were having children with the daughters of men. These daughters, came from the 1st creation, laid out sequentially, in (Genesis 1). The creation of Adam and Eve is laid out sequentially in (Genesis 2).
---David on 10/2/16


Rita_H:

You wrote: Nothing was against the law of God prior to God saying that it was. He had not spoken about incest at that point.

If that was the case, why was God so upset about Cain murdering Abel? There was no law against murder at that time either. In fact, there was no law against all the things that made God so upset that he sent the flood to wipe out 99.99% of mankind and all other species to boot.
---StrongAxe on 10/1/16


//Though the Bible does say Adam was the First man God created, he was not.---David on 10/1/16

Are you saying Adam wasn't the first man created by God?

If so, please explain.

First tell me who you believe is the man?

Next explain why you think that person is the first man?
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/1/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Settlement


Nothing was against the law of God prior to God saying that it was. He had not spoken about incest at that point.--Rita_H on 9/30/16

Rita
Your right, and I stand corrected. And thank you for the correction.

I did a little research on it, and discovered the reason it's against the law, both Gods and mans, is because of the likelihood of inheriting a disease. Back in the beginning, there was no disease, so this is probably why it was allowed.

You are implying that there is more than one DNA source. The Bible disagrees with you.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/30/16


Nicole
That's exactly what I'm saying. Though the Bible does say Adam was the First man God created, he was not.
---David on 10/1/16


///...Angel guards the Eden with a Sword/Sword used to open Jesus' Side...---Nicole_Lacey on 9/30/16///

Nikki: Not a sword, a spear. (Jn. 19:34)
---Leon on 9/30/16


David, the story of Creation and Adam/Eve in the Garden prefigures Jesus in the NT.

Adam disobeys God in the Garden of Eden:Jesus obeys God in the Garden of Olives

A fallen angel deceives Eve started the destruction of Mankind: Gabriel the angel ask a woman (Mary) permission to start the Salvation of Mankind.

Death from eating the fruit from a tree: Life from Jesus who states He is the Vine/Bread/Wine(grapes)dies on wood/tree which gives us life.

They cover themselves/Jesus is striped.

Adam's punishment: thorns thistles for you and sweat for food to live :Jesus thorn of crown/sweating and He is the bread of life.

Angel guards the Eden with a Sword/Sword used to open Jesus' Side

Many more.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/30/16


David, they were half-siblings, sharing a father but had different mothers.

Nothing was against the law of God prior to God saying that it was. He had not spoken about incest at that point.

Incest was definitely part of God's plan initially because it was the only way to increase according to God's word in Genesis 1:28. Much later, when there were far more people on earth he told them to find mates less closely related.
---Rita_H on 9/30/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Distance Learning


David, we know from Paul that Adam is the original sin bearer because Jesus is the new Adam. Romans 5:12-21 and 1 Cor 15:45

You are implying that there is more than one DNA source. The Bible disagrees with you.

Abraham and Sarah had either the same Father or Mother.
That is still incest to us today, but not back in their day.

What is considered incest changes over time.

2 Samuel 13:12-13 No, my brother! she said to him. Dont force me! Such a thing should not be done in Israel!...Please speak to the king, he will not keep me from being MARRIED to you.

Just as it wasn't incest to marry your father's children in that era but today, so isn't wasn't consider incest to marry your FULL sibling in Adam and Eve time.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/30/16


The only other alternative is if there were other men around unrelated to Adam.---StrongAxe on 9/29/16

And that's my point! The creation story many believe, says that Adam and Eve were created first, and they were the only inhabitants of the Earth. If this is true, there had to be incest, the kind that God is against.

(Genesis 1), outlines the creation of Earth and those males and females who inhabited it. (Genesis 2), outlines the creation of the Garden of Eden, and those who inhabited it.

BTW, Abraham and Sarah were siblings, but they did not have the same Mother and Father, so technically, though some call this incest, it is not against the laws of God.
---David on 9/30/16


//The second generation could involve only sons and daughters of Adam and Eve.//

Correct

//The third generation could only have children from sons+daughters, Adam+daughters, or sons+Eve - all of which we and Leviticus both call incest.---StrongAxe on 9/29

Only sons and daughters could marry. (Abraham and Sarah)

Leviticus came with many rules that stopped many practices which were normal before Exodus.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/29/16


Nicole_Lacey:

David wrote: With three men and only one woman on Earth, as our creation story is told, it logically, had to involve incest.

You wrote: The Bible doesn't state Eve was the only woman. It just states she is the mother of everyone besides Adam.

The second generation could involve only sons and daughters of Adam and Eve.

The third generation could only have children from sons+daughters, Adam+daughters, or sons+Eve - all of which we and Leviticus both call incest.

The only other alternative is if there were other men around unrelated to Adam.
---StrongAxe on 9/29/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Education


// With three men and only one woman on Earth, as our creation story is told, it logically, had to involve incest.---David

The Bible doesn't state Eve was the only woman. It just states she is the mother of everyone besides Adam.

BTW, there are only 2 men around with Eve at the end of the story. Adam and Seth.

The Bible never states Eve ONLY had 3 children.

Eve had to have a daughter at some point for Seth.

Later I will cite the correlation of Jesus Christ and Adam which is the true meaning of the creation according to many Fathers of the Church

Many things cited in the 2 stories of the Creation are fulfilled by Jesus Christ.

The Gospel John first few chapters correlates with Genesis 1 and 2
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/29/16


Steven
The Creation story looks foolish to the unbeliever, because of the foolish creation story we tell. A story which logically, can only be explained by incest.

If we know where Adam came from, then we can explain how Cains wife came to be, without incest being involved in the story. With three men and only one woman on Earth, as our creation story is told, it logically, had to involve incest.

I think you and I have both learned, the closed mindedness, which man made doctrines can cause. If someone reads Genesis 1 & 2, without a foolish story to guide them, there is very clear evidence Adam was created on Earth, with many others, and was then placed in the Garden in Eden where Eve was created. Agree?
---David on 9/29/16


Leon, Adam was made in the Garden of Eden. Where was Eden located at? I do not know exactly where but in the Middle East. You must know the location, and maybe you will tells us later. Will be waiting.
---Luke on 9/29/16


Nicole_Lacey wrote: "If you are so busy, or just don't have enough time, why even TAKE THE TIME to address this blog?"

Please put on your thinking cap. I had a rare brief moment to reply to you.

But I better not make any more replies to this blog or you'll turn it into a...
---Steveng on 9/25/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Home Equity Loans


//You assume way too much. I'm not on here every single day like many of the posters. I'm on this blog once every couple of weeks at average. There are spurts that I'm on here every couple of days. I do have a real life compared to this virtual life. ---Steveng on 9/24/16

If you are so busy, or just don't have enough time, why even TAKE THE TIME to address this blog?

That why I said you included.

There are some blogs I haven't opened to read after reading the heading.

But you not only opened it, but TOOK the time to write your opinion of this blog.

Save your time and stop worrying about how others wish to spend their time.
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/25/16


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: The Bible.

The Bible says HOW Adam and Eve were created, but it says nothing about WHERE.
---StrongAxe on 9/24/16


Nicole_Lacey wrote: "More of a thoughtful debate"

Read the bible about such "debates."

Steveng wrote "It's obvious some people have too much time on their hands."

Nicole_Lacey wrote: "You included"

You assume way too much. I'm not on here every single day like many of the posters. I'm on this blog once every couple of weeks at average. There are spurts that I'm on here every couple of days. I do have a real life compared to this virtual life. I usually leave the house at five twenty in the morning and don't usually get back home until 8:30 / 9 o'clock at night.
---Steveng on 9/24/16


//Does it really matter?//

To the Moderators: Yes

//How can one say where Adam and Eve were created?//

The Bible.

Remember you said in another blog that the Bible is the only reliable source.

//Was anyone there to witness the creation?//

Obviously, God let someone know how creation occur to record in the Bible.

//Does this bit of information help you grow in your faith?//

Yes, God speaks to His children in many ways.

Just because you refuse to grow with this question doesn't mean other can not grow.

//This is surely a non-winnable debate.//

More of a thoughtful debate

//It's obvious some people have too much time on their hands.---Steveng

You included
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/23/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Interest Rates


Does it really matter? How can one say where Adam and Eve were created? Was anyone there to witness the creation? Does this bit of information help you grow in your faith? This is surely a non-winnable debate. It's obvious some people have too much time on their hands.
---Steveng on 9/22/16


One thing I love about the RCC.

She always teaches (which is true) that the fall of Man wasn't because of Eve but because of Adam who was put in charge by God.

Genesis 2:15-18
The Lord God took the MAN and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the Lord God COMMANDED the MAN, You are free to eat from any tree in the garden, but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die. The Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.

After the fall, God was calling out to Adam not Eve:

Gen 3:9 But the Lord God called to the man, Where are you?
---Nicole_Lacey on 9/22/16


///On Earth (dust from the ground) Outside of Eden (Eden was made afterwards) Now Eve, on the other hand, was probably created in Eden.---micha9344 on 9/11/16///

Yes Micha, Adam wasn't made in Eden though he was put there afterwards. The Bible doesn't say Eve was made in the Garden, but she & Adam clearly lived there afterwards. So, I speculate God made Adam to sleep while in the Garden & there He formed Eve from Adam's rib.
---Leon on 9/13/16


On Earth (dust from the ground)
Outside of Eden (Eden was made afterwards) Now Eve, on the other hand, was probably created in Eden.
---micha9344 on 9/11/16


Excellent point Micha!
Adam was not created in Eden. This fact supports the two creation story, Earth was created first, the garden of Eden, second.

Adam was formed when the Earth was created, and Eve, when God created the Garden of Eden.

Notice in (Genesis 1), how both Male and female in were created on the same day. Also notice in (Genesis 1:29) God gave man permission to eat from EVERY tree he had planted. Had, as in past tense.

As we all well know, this is Not true of all the trees planted in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 2: 16-17)
---David on 9/13/16


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Marketing


Can we agree Adam wasn't made (created) in the Garden according to G2:8? Rather he was "put" there, given specific rules & both he & Eve were clearly assigned duties (G1:28, 2:15).

- Be fruitful & multiply, i.e., bear children...
- Eat this, don't eat that...
- Oversee/rule over all the other living creatures...
- Dress & keep the Garden, i.e., be the gardner.
---Leon on 9/12/16


As far as I can tell, in or near the Garden of Eden in the Tigris-Euphrates valley.
---Cluny on 9/11/16


On Earth (dust from the ground)
Outside of Eden (Eden was made afterwards)
Now Eve, on the other hand, was probably created in Eden.
---micha9344 on 9/11/16


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.