ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Who Collects Social Security

In the Unites States the Government only collects SSI from working people, but allows EVERYONE to collect from SSI.

Shouldn't working folks be allowed to opt out of SSI esp. since it won't be around in 20 years?

Join Our Christian Singles and Take The Financial Bible Quiz
 ---Nicole_Lacey on 1/16/17
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Post a New Blog



//
Jerry and Nicole, your posts share a lot about yourselves. Get an education and get a life.
---Rob on 2/5/17
//


So do yours, Rob. Classy!

FYI, I got an education - Physics. What's your degree in?



---Jerry6593 on 2/5/17


Jerry and Nicole, your posts share a lot about yourselves. Get an education and get a life.
---Rob on 2/5/17


john9346:

Note GDP grew more under Clinton than either Bush.

Google: GDP Bush Obama

GDP rose 2.3T under GWB, 2.1T under Obama.
Surplus/Deficit as % GDP: Under GWB it fell from 1% to -3%, Obama rose from -10% (inheriting Bush's mess) also to -3%.
Federal debt as % GDP: up 13% under GWB, 22% under Obama (9% in first post-Bush year, 13.8% for the rest).
Unemployment: up 2.6% under GWB vs. down 3.4% (up 1.5% in 1st year) under Obama
Inflation from 2.8% to 3.8% under GWB vs. -0.4% to 1.2% under Obama.
Stock market: Percentage change in S & P 500: totally negative under Bush, positive under Clinton and Obama.
Need I go further?
---StrongAxe on 2/4/17


Obama's Administration is the first to remove people who stopped looking for work from the unemployment rate in order to DECREASE the Official Labor unemployment rate in the United States in 2009.

Making sure it did not go over 10%
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

It was at 9.9 getting ready to tip over when The data was manipulated to help Obama keep one of his promise.

Plus they counted part time work as full work in the unemployment rate.

The true number none full-time unemployment rate was 20% if you compared the SAME data with Bush's U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Data tool used.

Obama's Administration MANIPULATION every data in the United States: Climate change, Gun violence, ACA, EVERYTHING
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/4/17


strongaxe states, "Funny, how Obama took an economy that was in total shambles under George W. Bush and turned it around, undoing most of Bush's damage. I guess we must have a different definition of "good".

Sir, really??

Under Obama the GDP was 1.2% No president has had such lower growth...

There are 95 million out of work, 50 million on food stamps, more women are in poverty, 13 million more people are in poverty, Young men between 18 to 34 are in jail or living with parents, and Black Americans are worse off then when Obama took office.

We have had the worse recovery since the depression...

Sir, I really do not see how you can say this is, "Good." my friend??
---john9346 on 2/3/17




The last four years have had the highest temperatures ever on record,
---StrongAxe on 2/1/17

Can we agree on what we are talking about?

The question is not "is the planet getting warmer?". The question is "is this a man-made phenomenon?"

There have been hotter periods in the Earths history than this period. Ice core and tree-ring data confirm this.

Yet, we choose to ignore this scientific data by changing how we process the data and how we weight it based on its "accuracy".

What this weighting does is make our current times hotter than others.

Sounds like rigging the results to me.

If the data is so "incontrovertible", why keep changing the data?
---Mark_Eaton on 2/2/17


Jerry6593:

You wrote: The so-called "science" of Climate Change is not science at all, but a man-centered, politically-inspired religion.

The last four years have had the highest temperatures ever on record, each hotter than the year before. If you look at the photos of the polar ice caps, you can see how obviously they have receded.

These obvious facts are primarily contested by the fossil-fuel-producing mega-corporations, who have a vested interest in ignoring these changes so they can make a profit now, because who cares about the human race a few generations down the line? We sow the wind, and our children will reap the whirlwind.

But again, this has nothing to do with social security.
---StrongAxe on 2/1/17


Amen Jerry! Woodrow Wilson was the most out spoken RACIST President we ever had.

Race interactions was improving ten folds until he came into office.
It set Black people back 50 years.

Then just when things were getting better the Democrat Progressive put in another wanna be Dictator Obama into office to bring down the Black man.

Very clever using a Black man to keep the Black man down in protecting abortion with his 2 Supreme Justices appointments.

I love Rush's quote:

"Folks, I haven't seen the Democrats this mad since the night Abraham freed the slaves."

Another REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT to the recuse of the BLACK MAN!

MADE ABORTION END SOON HEAVENLY FATHER. HAVE MERCY ON US ALL.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/1/17


Nursey: "Tell us, just what lies are these scientists reporting??"

That mankind is causing Planet Earth to warm. (I guess we caused Mars to warm at the same time.)

That CO2 is a pollutant.

The so-called "science" of Climate Change is not science at all, but a man-centered, politically-inspired religion.



Rob: "Jerry6593, if people would do research they will know Ronald Reagan was the most CORRUPT President in U.S. History."

That's too silly to address. You probably think that Republicans were the party of slavery and negro discrimination as well.

Have you considered Woodrow Wilson, FDR, Lyndon Johnson, the Clintons and most recently B.O.?



---Jerry6593 on 2/1/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: I know how Leftist debate. They refuse to answer a question proving they were not thinking logically, then move on to another question.

No, this is how people who are so convinced of their position, they are willing to hear any contrary evidence debate. There are reasonable people on both the left and the right, and there are unreasoning fanatics on both the left and right. Neither side has a monopoly on reason, and neither side has a monopoly on idiocy.
---StrongAxe on 1/31/17




I know how Leftist debate. They refuse to answer a question proving they were not thinking logically, then move on to another question.

You know I was pointing out how StrongAxe's statement didn't make sense

**Trump signed executive orders forbidding many scientific government agencies from reporting their findings.--StrongAxe

**So is forbidding any government agency from reporting the truth - which Trump has done to many agencies in just the past week.---StrongAxe

//Tell us, just what lies are these scientists reporting??
As you said: Where's the proof?---NurseRoberton

I will give proof since there are plethora of lies I can cite.

But StrongAxe first!

You can HELP him if you wish.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/30/17


Jerry6593, if people would do research they will know Ronald Reagan was the most CORRUPT President in U.S. History.
---Rob on 1/30/17


Tell me how Trump is stopping agencies from reporting the truth if he CAN'T STOP them from reporting LIES??????
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/29/17


Tell us, just what lies are these scientists reporting??

As you said: Where's the proof?
---NurseRobert on 1/30/17


//Trump signed executive orders forbidding many scientific government agencies from reporting their findings.//

No, but Obama did fire a woman Scientist for being honest with Congress.

//He can't do everything himself, despite his claims.//

Oddly, you are speaking about Obama. 8 years of self thought dicatorship.

Trump is a business man and in only 9 days in office displays all the games Obama played while in office.

//He has no experience in government nor in science---StrongAxe

Leftist's marriage of government and science is the PROBLEM!

Life, Religious Freedom, Right to bear Arms and Protection to live in Peace comes before science and certainly 'FALSE SCIENCE'
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/30/17


I am fixing to retire and start collecting my Social Security. I am eligible for it because I have worked many years. If you have not worked you are not eligible. There are some exceptions. Spouses can receive part of their mates social security. Children can get it for a period of time.

I have spend time with the Social Security agency working this all out.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 1/29/17


Nicole_Lacey:

Trump signed executive orders forbidding many scientific government agencies from reporting their findings.

The whole POINT of government departments is to delegate responsibility. By muzzling scientists and forcing everything to go through him violates the whole idea of delegation. He can't do everything himself, despite his claims. That's not how government works. That's how DESPOTISM works. ALL despots in history have worked by FIRST muzzling dissent.

This is about government scientists, NOT media. THEY know science - it's their job. HE doesn't. He has no experience in government nor in science - only in how to run companies (and his trail of bankruptcies and ruined companies shows how good he is at THAT).
---StrongAxe on 1/29/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Franchises


//You wrote:Blaming a video is deceitful.

So is forbidding any government agency from reporting the truth - which Trump has done to many agencies in just the past week.---StrongAxeon 1/26/17

????

Do you know how that sounds?

Tell me how Trump is stopping agencies from reporting the truth if he CAN'T STOP them from reporting LIES??????

He has the power to stop the Media from reporting the Truth, but he WANTS them to lie on him?

Lies to him he doesn't stop with the whole power of his office

COME ON StrongAxe, that doesn't make any sense!

You have to at least admit that
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/29/17


You lefties seem to only accept your information from Communist propaganda sources (aka "Fake News"). No wonder you're always wrong. In the words of Ronald Reagan, "It's not that liberals don't know anything, it's just that most of what they know is wrong."

Any REAL American should be very ashamed of the treasonous Obama, and the pathetic display of "poor loser" sportsmanship shown by the Demoncrat Party. You seem to be a lawless band of thugs and hoodlums. Such uncivil behavior has no place in America.


---Jerry6593 on 1/29/17


//by reading your posts, that nothing said to you will ever change your mind.//

Not all my posts, because Cluny, StrongAxe, aservant and Mark has changed my mind and I said as much. Mark ended a long bitter fuel between Kathr and I.

You can go to the 2nd HIV blog NOW

//In your mind, you are always right and everyone else is wrong.//

Are are you upset because you couldn't use common sense rhetoric, logic or Scripture to convince me as them?

//You will choose to believe what you want, whether there is proof or not.//

You or me?

It's okay. I assume you believe everything you write is right. I personal have not seen a correction by you.

//Have a blessed day..--NurseRobert

You as well.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/28/17


Lets roll!
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/25/17

I have found, by reading your posts, that nothing said to you will ever change your mind. In your mind, you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

You will choose to believe what you want, whether there is proof or not.

Have a blessed day..

---NurseRobert on 1/26/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Lead Generation


Mark_Eaton:

You wrote: I must disagree.

Regardless of who started the mortgage crisis, it DID end under Obama, so that can't be used as evidence that he was the "worst president ever".

Also, if you look at the economy since Reagan, it has always taken a downswing under Republican presidents, and an upswing under Democratic ones. You can't blame it on "inheriting their predecessors' messes" either, because it didn't matter whether they had 4 or 8 year terms (or 12 with Reagan+Bush).


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Blaming a video is deceitful.

So is forbidding any government agency from reporting the truth - which Trump has done to many agencies in just the past week.
---StrongAxe on 1/26/17


undoing most of Bush's damage.
---StrongAxe on 1/25/17

I must disagree.

The "damage" was done under W.J. Clinton. Under Clinton, sub-prime mortgages began and Fannie Mae made home loans more accessible to people with lower credit and savings than lenders typically required before then.

The idea that home ownership was a "right" to all citizens started under Clinton and spiraled out of control under the lending of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

It was "good intentions" that led to the crash of 2007-2008.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/26/17


//conveniently left this information out of your response. To quote from another blog://

Lets roll!

//"That is deceitful.//

Blaming a video is deceitful. Promising we can keep our doctors and insurance when he KNEW we couldn't. Sending Iran $1.7 billions of our money. Setting up Israel at the UN is deceiful

//That isn't nice.//

IRS bulling and going golfing after a man is beheaded isn't nice.

//That isn't Christian"--NurseRoberton

Fast and Furious causing hundreds of Mexican's death and One American death. Watching 4 men die and leaving them. Going to BED, then fly to Las Vegas the day isn't Christian.

Many SCANDALS Valerie Jarrett conveniently left out.

Are you mad at her?
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/25/17


Nicole_Lacey:

Of course he wasn't. It's hard to be successful when you don't try. Please show ANY evidence planned to stay beyond Jan. 21. Another failed alt-right false prophecy.


Jerry6593:

Funny, how Obama took an economy that was in total shambles under George W. Bush and turned it around, undoing most of Bush's damage. I guess we must have a different definition of "good". We must also have a different definition of "dictator", as Trump in one week has shown more evidence of that mentality than Obama has in 8 years.

he spent more time vacationing than any other president in history.

Yet another "alternative fact"?
---StrongAxe on 1/25/17


Send a Free Birthday Wishes Ecard


Burn down the country??? Whats to investigate, the REPUBLICAN congress who originally approved this expenditure in both 2015 and 2016 budgets?

Two GOP lawmakers had placed holds on it because they didnt believe the Palestinian Authority should join some international organizations. This hold, BTW is NOT legally binding on the President.

You seem to have conveniently left this information out of your response. To quote from another blog:

"That is deceitful.

That isn't nice.

That isn't Christian"
---NurseRobert on 1/25/17


//This tangent has gone on so long, I have no idea what it had to do with the original topic.//

You brought him up on the 20th to Mike and I picked it up from there. You know we go off topic most of the time.

//As he gracefully gave up his office last Friday as required by law,//

WHAT Gracefully? the man tried to burn down the country as he was going out the door.

Don't you know we are investigating him giving the Palestinians $220 million 2 hours before he is leaving the office Friday morning? That isn't graceful

//despite many hysterical claims that he would hold on to the presidency beyond the end of his term, this appears to not be the case.--StrongAxe

No, it just appears he wasn't successful.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/25/17


Obama was the worst president in American history.
---Jerry6593 on 1/25/17

Jerry, do you make up facts as you go along? Obama, during his time as president took 217 days of "vacation". His predecessor took 490. You would be more believable if you fact checked yourself.

As far as Obama being the worst... well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion
---NurseRobert on 1/25/17


MarkA: "Obama has worked hard for 8 years, and now that he no longer has a job, he is taking a much-needed vacation."

Are you that blind, or just a hopeless ideologue? Obama worked hard to fundamentally change our great nation into a two-bit, third-world banana republic with himself as dictator. Fortunately, he was a failure, although he inflicted much damage.

As for needing a vacation, he spent more time vacationing than any other president in history. And worse yet, he always stayed at the most expensive places at our expense. Contrast that with real American presidents who went to their own ranches for vacation.

Obama was the worst president in American history.



---Jerry6593 on 1/25/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


Nicole_Lacey:

I cannot speak to President Obama's motivations. However, this is all irrelevant to this blog, as it has absolutely nothing to do with who collects social security. This tangent has gone on so long, I have no idea what it had to do with the original topic.

Obama wants to be god.

As he gracefully gave up his office last Friday as required by law, despite many hysterical claims that he would hold on to the presidency beyond the end of his term, this appears to not be the case.

Mexicans are not shot trying to leave their Country.

No. They are just unable to earn a sustainable wage there. Whether you are shot to death or starved to death, either way, you are still dead.
---StrongAxe on 1/25/17


StrongAxe, I meant 'policy NOT a bill'

Can you answer this question: Do you believe Obama cared about all Exiles?

Can you explain why Obama canceled the wet/dry foot policy weeks before leaving the Office?

What did the Cubans do to him?

He sends an aircrafts to the Middle East for the sole purpose of BRINGING Exiles back over thousands of miles of water to the United States without Congressional approval.

But noooooooo, if an Exile comes over 90 miles of water on a raft reaching land, and is granted American protection per Congressional policy under a Democrat President Clinton, he has to be KICKED out of our Country!

He didn't get Obama's permission to come to America.

Obama wants to be god.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/24/17


You are correct StrongAxe. A policy and a bill.

**The wet feet,dry feet policy or....is the name given to a consequence of the 1995 revision of the application of the Cuban Adjustment Actof 1966 that essentially says that anyone who fledCubaand entered the United States would be allowed to pursue residency a year later-- Wikipedia

Cubans are fleeing a dictator.

Mexicans are not shot trying to leave their Country.

People are NOT allowed to leave a Communist Countries. Don't you understand that?

Recaptured Cubans are shot or thrown in prison forever.

But Mexicans' get another crack at trying to reenter United States.

//Cubans vs. Mexicans
Exactly. A double standard.---StrongAxe

INDEED!
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/24/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: StrongAxe, there is a BILL protecting any Cubans fleeing Communist Cuba to dry land.

Bills have no force until they are passed as laws. Once a law gives someone legal protection, an executive order cannot take it away.

Note the words you USED: ILLEGALLY

Boat people who sail here without visas are ALSO here illegally.

Yes, because Obama is mean to people who are just Politically against him.

And Trump isn't? He hates Mexicans because most of them are Democrats. But that doesn't stop him from hiring them to build his casinos.

Yes Cubans vs. Mexicans

Exactly. A double standard.
---StrongAxe on 1/24/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


Rob, which one gives you greater return SSI or 401K?

Oddly SSI gives the greater return.

It is wrong. Mark said it the BEST.

HONEST is always the best policy.

Can't fix SSI if we are not FIRST honest for ourselves.


****The SSI system, is a Ponzie-scheme. It takes the contributions from young people to pay the benefits of the elderly without saving the contributions or accruing interest.---Mark_Eaton on 1/17/17
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/24/17


StrongAxe, there is a BILL protecting any Cubans fleeing Communist Cuba to dry land.

Not on water because of 'international water' situation.

So Obama ALLOWS Illegals stay in America but NOT Legal status Immigrant???

Then it isn't enough that he doesn't OBEY laws on the books, but he CANCELS LAWS that helps Exiles???

//Trump wants to return ALL aliens who illegally enter this country //

Note the words you USED: ILLEGALLY

//Yet to you, Obama is a great villain because of this, while Trump can do no wrong.//

Yes, because Obama is mean to people who are just Politically against him.

Politics vs. livelihood

//Don't you see a double standard here?//

Yes Cubans vs. Mexicans
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/24/17


Nicole_Lacey:

Obama wants to return Cubans who illegally enter this country.
Trump wants to return ALL aliens who illegally enter this country - surely a much larger number.
Yet to you, Obama is a great villain because of this, while Trump can do no wrong. Don't you see a double standard here?

Obama goes to vacation in Florida after he makes sure he KICKED out some LATINOS FIRST!

Obama has worked hard for 8 years, and now that he no longer has a job, he is taking a much-needed vacation. Trump gets inaugurated, and the VERY FIRST THING HE DOES, is take a weekend off to savor is victory. But this makes Obama the slacker. Again, double standard.
---StrongAxe on 1/24/17


God is still in control.
Stop letting man have you thinking crazy.
If you believe in the word of God and his promises for your life. What ever is going on in the world will have no effect on you.
A true Christians job is to pray and believe that God will work this out for our good.
Have A God Blessed day!
---Beverly on 1/24/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Auto Insurance


Nicole you are incorrect.

There people who have paid into SSI and they also receive it. There are people who are working and still receive SSI. It is all income based.

Even though I paid into SSI for over 40 years I don't qualify for it because my retirement is too much.

Also, please don't get me wrong. I have no problem with someone receiving SSI if they can't work, or it being a supplement if they work but have a low income.

I am against anyone receiving SSI if they can work but won't.
---Rob on 1/23/17


//Both sides borrowed from it now they don't want to pay it back. I'm tired of false promises. But people seem to not elect the truth tellers. They want lies.---Samuelbb7 on 1/22/17

True, but can't we be honest about SSI?

It's would the BEST SAVING ACCOUNT or INVESTMENT ever if it wasn't a hand out!

SSI DEPENDS upon on other people's money (through taxes) to work.

NO ONE collects from SSI with funds only coming from their paycheck through out the years.

NOT EVEN ME!
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/22/17


//But I can be wrong. Nicole can you give me a credible news source.---Samuelbb7


****Orlando Silva, a Miami doctor who fled Cuba with his family and never went back, said the policy change "is another betrayal by this country" that favors communism..--By Marilia Brocchetto and Darran Simon, CNN

***Mexico's government has deported 91 Cubans about a week after the United States ended a so-called "wet foot, dry foot" policy that granted residency to almost every Cuban who reached U.S. soil, Mexican officials said on Friday. --Mexico deports 91 Cubans after U.S. ends 'wet foot, dry foot' - Reuters

The problems with this is that Obama KNOWS the Cubans returned will be imprisoned or KILLED.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/22/17


The last time I checked the so called punishments by Obama were by right wing papers that are short on truth and long on exaggeration.

But I can be wrong. Nicole can you give me a credible news source.

Also It depend on what the Politicians do whether we will have SSi in 20 years. Both sides borrowed from it now they don't want to pay it back. I'm tired of false promises. But people seem to not elect the truth tellers. They want lies.
---Samuelbb7 on 1/22/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Holidays


//Trump has already demonstrated that he is very vindictive, and ruthlessly goes after those who don't support him. This was what he did when he wasn't even president yet.---StrongAxe

You don't have any proof of anything you just said.

I have proof of Obama ugly mean behavior weeks before leaving office.

You don't excuse bad behavior with another behavior.

You didn't respond to Obama mean punishing of POOR CUBANS who didn't DO ANYTHING to big bad Obama means you acknowledge Obama's hateful actions.

2 weeks and he is outside of office. The Cubans have the WHOLE life under that communist country because of Obama!.

Obama goes to vacation in Florida after he makes sure he KICKED out some LATINOS FIRST!
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/21/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Obama used POTUS as a weapon to punish his enemies and reward his friends he said to the Latino community.

Trump has already demonstrated that he is very vindictive, and ruthlessly goes after those who don't support him. This was what he did when he wasn't even president yet. How do you think he'll act now that he has the full power of the presidency behind him?

Nevertheless, none of this has any relevance to the blog topic, Social Security.
---StrongAxe on 1/21/17


Jerry I know most people don't read James. But we need too. Please read James and remember that many of those now in office have in fact stolen from the poor. See how James speaks about how we are to behave.

I don't believe Obama was perfect. But I know many lies are told about him from false news sources. All of us are sinners.

My hope is not in men. But in my Lord and Savior JESUS CHRIST.

I cannot support those who spread hate. Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 1/21/17


Samuel, why did Obama given Iran 1.7 Billions of our tax money WITHOUT congress approval?

Why did Obama just now end 'Wet foot dry foot' days before he leaves office?

It was pay back to the Cubans for not voting for Hillary thus losing Florida thus he lose his legacy.

Obama used POTUS as a weapon to punish his enemies and reward his friends he said to the Latino community.

I guess he meant it didn't he?

He went after the Cubans as HE PROMISED HE WOULD!

That isn't nice.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/20/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Insurance


Samuel: It is indeed proper to HATE sin. God does. Obama was the personification of sin. He is evil. He is gone. Praise God!



---Jerry6593 on 1/21/17


Yes, God is love, but what does he love? I did not vote for Trump, but I hope he does a good job. He has just started. My hope is that he will be a good president. I think the whole nation REJOICED that Obama gave the order that took out Bin Laden. That was the peak of his popularity. Had he left office then, I would have loved him. Other than that, I once voted for Alan Keyes as my favorite presidential candidate and he is the same color as Obama. Position means everything!
---mike4879 on 1/20/17


FORGIVE ME! I do recall before the previous election, before the presidential debates with Mitt Romney seeing OBAMA saying on the news that men should be able to marry men and giving his support to same gender marriage unions. You are CORRECT, Strong Axe, I give OBAMA TOO MUCH CREDIT. Thank you for correcting me. And yet we all know Obama's position in the matter and what he support. Thanks again for proving me wrong in this matter.
---mike4879 on 1/20/17


I probably should stay out of this. Many false lies are told about Obama. I liked some things he did and others I opposed.

My problem has been with many who call themselves Christians yet seem to call for hate of people. Who wish to put people down and rob them of their rights because they don't agree with them.

Then these haters who call themselves Christians. Want to rob the poor so the rich can get richer. So they elect a man who promises the world. But does nothing but hate those who don't do what he says.

GOD is love.
---Samuelbb7 on 1/20/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Dating


mike4879:

You wrote: I never would have imagined men marrying men, and women marrying women. But here it is UNDER OBAMA.

You give presidents too much credit. Congress passes laws, and the president can sign them or veto them, deciding whether it takes 51% or 67% of congress to pass them. He can never pass a law unless 51% of congress first wants it.

As far as the Obergefell decision, that was decided by the Supreme Court, not congress nor president. The only input the president has in that is in filling the court. Obama actually had one single opportunity to do that, last year, but instead of doing its job, the Senate has been obstructing him for 11+ months in that regard. So you can't blame THIS issue on Obama.
---StrongAxe on 1/20/17


In as much as I do not like Obama, I believe he is the GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER. What other president has ever succeeded where Obama succeeded? I never would have imagined men marrying men, and women marrying women. But here it is UNDER OBAMA. In this, he becomes OUR GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER! I only wish I had died before my mom so I wouldn't see these things.
---mike4879 on 1/20/17


Evil will NOT prevail over Wisdom.

Made God guide and protect President Trump, his family and his Cabinet.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/20/17


As I write this, only 7 more hours remain under the worst president in American history. Hallelujah!!! Finally, an end to the tyranny of perverseness that is the Demoncrat party. They have shown their true colors, and the American people have rejected them. Keep up your childish tantrums, Demoncrats, you are destroying yourselves.

Good riddance!



---Jerry6593 on 1/20/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Treatments


Democrats DID have the House, Senate and both chambers of Congress when they created Obamacare. Refusing ALL GOP's suggestions

//The only aliens who can collect SS are legal ones who THEmSELVES paid into it (like I did), and since illegal aliens can't get a SS number, they can't pay into it or collect from it.--StrongAxe

WRONG! Jerry is correct.

You wrote what SHOULD happen not WHAT is happening NOW.

I work with an ex SS government employee who said not only are illegals are collecting SSI, but immigrants collect from SSDI without a disability.

Their joke in SS was that being an immigrant is a disability to the Federal Government.

Democrats DON'T CARE about rules and lock boxes
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/19/17


Save yourself! A financial catastrophe is to come. A financial collapse will come. People were jumping from windows when it happen before. You can be sure it will happen again. What will you do to prepare for it?
---mike4879 on 1/19/17


//Nicole_Lacey: Trump acts like a Fairy Godfather,//

I trust you are not claiming that I wrote those words above?

At least Trump isn't trying to play god as Obama did for 8 years.

//despite having nothing to replace it even after many years,//

Can't you Democrats think on your own instead of following the talking points given to you?

Go to the GOP website IF you really want to know a GOOD WORKING PLAN?

//How many of your medical co-workers are in FAVOR of ACA repeal?--StrongAxe

They don't care. They are NOT under the Obamacare. We have REAL GOOD Government Health care. The crook union bosses wouldn't let Obama force that dirty healthcare to us.

Even Congress REFUSED Obamacare!
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/19/17


Jerry6593:

It's virtually impossible for Democrats to do anything when both Congress and Senate are Republican-controlled. Besides, that is a "tu quoque" fallacy. Whether or not Democrats were disingenuous in their promises does not in any way make Trump's claims less disingenuous.

Then they began giving it to others than the original owners - including illegal (criminal) aliens.

The only aliens who can collect SS are legal ones who THEmSELVES paid into it (like I did), and since illegal aliens can't get a SS number, they can't pay into it or collect from it.

No wonder Dems chose a donkey to represent them.

Yet another resort to fact-irrelevant sarcasm.
---StrongAxe on 1/19/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Affiliate Program


MarkA: "Trump acts like a Fairy Godfather"

Where have you been for the last 8 years? It's the Demoncrats that promise everything and then screw it up.

Socialist Security was a Dem invention, forced on us by Dems. It was supposed to be OUR money, placed in a "lock box" and held to accrue interest until retirement. But the Dems, crooks that they are, stole ALL of the money and replaced it with empty promises. Then they began giving it to others than the original owners - including illegal (criminal) aliens.

Now its a disaster placed as a yoke about the necks of future generations. And you trust these criminals with your health care? No wonder Dems chose a donkey to represent them.


---Jerry6593 on 1/19/17


Nicole_Lacey:

Trump acts like a Fairy Godfather, promising to wave his magic wand, and do things nobody has ever been able to do, affordably, without providing a single hint to HOW.

Republicans are so keen to dismantle ACA, despite having nothing to replace it even after many years, and knowing it will cost the economy billions, and lose the health care industry millions of jobs.

How many of your medical co-workers are in FAVOR of ACA repeal? All of the ones I talked to in the last few months were extremely worried about it.

Mexico is paying attention, not money. They say "No way!". If he is SO SURE they will pay, why doesn't HE pay for it personally, then recover the funds from them? Don't hold your breath.
---StrongAxe on 1/18/17


The BEST HEALTH I ever had was before I had health coverage. Health went down with health coverage, and I don't care what politicians have been in Washington, I have never liked the insurance companies. I think Bernie was the BEST to go after Pharmaceuticals and Wall Street and the best for universal health coverage. On other things, he was not as right for the job. He should have had the Democratic nomination. He would have had the popular vote, but would have lost the Electoral. We are all guinea pigs on health issues.
---mike4879 on 1/18/17


I agree with another blog that in this nation killing its children, the U.S. is destroying the math behind Social Security which relies upon young people to replace retiring workers. For all the murdering of its children, the most innocent of human beings, now we welcome more foreigners to support the math that is failing because of abortion.
---mike4879 on 1/18/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Abortion Facts


//Trump said he had a health plan that would provide health care for EVERYONE.//

You left out "it won't NOT be 'single payer'".

COMPETITION will make it possible.

'Single payer' means Government.

As an American ALWAYS remember a TRUE FACT: "Government is the PROBLEM"

//He had previously said he would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, and he's already reneged on that promise, before he's even been inaugurated.--StrongAxe

No he didn't. He changed on when Mexico WILL pay for the wall. Before or After with trade deals. Mexico is paying attention.

But lets wait until he is POTUS before you claim he didn't keep his promise.

Obama did reneged on MULTIPLE PROMISES! FACT
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/18/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Remember "You can keep your doctor..and your insurance"- Obama ?

Very recently, Trump said he had a health plan that would provide health care for EVERYONE. I'm very curious just how he plans to pull that one off. He had previously said he would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, and he's already reneged on that promise, before he's even been inaugurated.
---StrongAxe on 1/18/17


My dad taught us kids not to depend on SSI, it will only be icing on the cake - invest in hard assets (real estate, commercial grade coffee makers, etc.

Learn and apply how people survived the Great Depression---Steveng on 1/17/17

My father as well. Even though my parents could have gotten food stamps for us kids, my father refused.

He said it is his responsibility to feed us.

Many of nights we only had rice and beans for supper. Yet, 3 of us were fat kids.

I heard a preacher on the radio stating we have replaced Jesus with money. He is right.

We need to stop replacing Jesus with the government.

Trust in Jesus.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/18/17


SSI is funded by:

1. Payroll taxes ($700B)
2. Interest from SSI Trust Fund that is invested in U.S. government securities ($100B)
3. Some Social Security recipients include a portion of their benefits as taxable income on their tax returns. (30B)

The main problems are:
1. Trust Fund principal will need to be used
2. Not enough young people working to pay into the system.
3. The cost of maintaining SSI and the other funding sources is skyrocketing.

My dad taught us kids not to depend on SSI, it will only be icing on the cake - invest in hard assets (real estate, commercial grade coffee makers, etc.

Learn and apply how people survived the Great Depression
---Steveng on 1/17/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


Individual Retirement Funds are pretty valital and safe funds are low interest. In the end, all that a person saves goes to nursing homes and medical bills.
---mike4879 on 1/17/17


I'm wondering if people really know what SSI is and who it's really for.

After paying into SSI for over 40 years, this may sound crazy, but I'm thankful I don't qualify for SSI.
---Rob on 1/17/17


//How about 49-year-olds who have been contributing for 28 years? Or 48-year-olds? etc.//

I am 45 and contributed A LOT as well!
But we have to draw the line at some point.

Remember Thatcher famous words?

"The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money."

//Blame that on Congress who keeps making promises they can't pay for,---StrongAxe

Don't you understand that the crooked Government are stealing money NOW to keep the promise they made in the 60's?

If they were honest today, they would STOP SSI NOW!

They are trying to save SSI

Promises are not mandatory.

Remember "You can keep your doctor..and your insurance"- Obama ?
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/17/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: People 50 and older should be allowed to keep the current SSI system.

How about 49-year-olds who have been contributing for 28 years? Or 48-year-olds? etc.

We have to do something because if nothing is done no one will collect.

Blame that on Congress who keeps making promises they can't pay for, and keep robbing our future to do so, rather than risk unpopularity by raising the taxes like they are supposed to do to fund things. Force THEM to pay back what they stole.
---StrongAxe on 1/17/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


People like myself will never receive SSI because we receive too much in our retirement income.
---Rob on 1/17/17

I hear you, brother. It is not right.

By the SSI own records, I have paid $775K in contributions over the years.

I hate to think of the amount of interest that amount could have generated over 40 years. Compounded only once annually with a 3% rate of return, the amount doubles over 40 years. Compounded quarterly, with a 6% rate, the amount triples.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/17/17


People need to remember even though I paid into SSI for over 40 years, people like myself will never receive SSI because we receive too much in our retirement income.

I didn't know this until after I retired.
---Rob on 1/17/17


We have to do something because if nothing is done no one will collect.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/17/17

I do not agree.

I think what we are hearing is fear. Fear that SSI will go broke. I think if SSI goes broke, the USA goes broke. Here's why:

First, if the SSI needs funds, Congress can divert funds to it on a temporary basis.

Second, the benefit amounts can be reduced, but at a political cost.

Third, the percentage the SSI is of the total US Government can be increased. Cutting other programs to increase SSI but at another political cost.

Fourth, there is a unspoken "contract" with SSI. Unlike Medicaid, Welfare, and other social programs, seniors who paid into the system are entitled.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/17/17


//The SSI system, is a Ponzie-scheme. It takes the contributions from young people to pay the benefits of the elderly without saving the contributions or accruing interest.//

THANK YOU JESUS! Someone is finally honest about SSI!

//The best replacement for SSI is a SSI savings account, which would be transferrable upon death,....However, the new system would need to "finish" paying out the people who started under the old system.---Mark_Eaton on 1/17/17

I agree!

People 50 and older should be allowed to keep the current SSI system.

I love your suggestion.

We have to do something because if nothing is done no one will collect.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/17/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


The SSI system would collapse if young people were allowed to opt-out of the system. The SSI system, is a Ponzie-scheme. It takes the contributions from young people to pay the benefits of the elderly without saving the contributions or accruing interest.

The best replacement for SSI is a SSI savings account, which would be transferrable upon death, allowing no payouts until retirement, with the program and management out of reach of the government preventing the funds from being raided by the government and the government having no influence into the systems management. However, the new system would need to "finish" paying out the people who started under the old system.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/17/17


//only I do not think it wise for one to opt out.---mike4879

Texans do and have proved it very wise

***..three neighboring Texas counties, which opted out of Social Security 30 years ago by creating personal retirement accounts, have avoided a fiscal train wreck while providing retirees with even more retirement income.

Galveston, Matagorda and Brazoria County employees, many of them union members, have seen their retirement savings grow every year, even during the Great Recession. If state and local governments and Congressare really looking for a path to long-term sustainable entitlement reform, they might start with what is referred to as the Alternate Plan.---Merrils Matthews Forbes
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/17/17


I think working people are already allowed to opt out, only I do not think it wise for one to opt out. Social Security still provides for retirement and long term disability. Do you wish to give up these for a little extra front money? Better to give up drinking and smoking and frivolous spending.
---mike4879 on 1/17/17


Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.