ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Who Are Pharisees Of Today

Has today's denominational churches become the Pharisees of today?

Join Our Christian Penpals and Take The False Teachers Bible Quiz
 ---Steveng on 2/12/17
     Helpful Blog Vote (2)

Post a New Blog



Well claiming one is the VICAR of Christ is false prophecy, and also the most blatant claim of all, since the ONLY VICAR of Christ on earth is the Holy Spirit...which may be the unforgivable blasphemy of Blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Please don't dig up some verse that gives definition to the word blasphemy to counter attack.

Would the RCC have had such POWER and rule and authority IF there was no Peter passing down his Popehood or whatever ....making Rome for years and years the central power of the world at one time? NO STRONGAXE. If this were Gods will and purpose, believe me scripture would validate Peters Popehood and passing power to the next...IN ROME.

Peters grave site IS IN JERUSALEM.
---kathr4453 on 3/3/17


kathr4453:

I said nothing about "vicar of Christ". You can't say "Peter's bones are in Rome" is a lie, unless you have POSITIVE PROOF they aren't. I also said nothing about eating meat on Friday, nor of the foreskin of Jesus being able to forgive sin. The RCC does not have any doctrine about the latter. (If some specific churches do so, that's not the same as the RCC's official teachings, any more than the bizarre teachings of one Baptist preacher condemn the entire Baptist denomination.)

I don't create the definitions - I just go by the biblical ones. Prophets predict future events that can be verified or falsified. Forgiveness of sin or one's disposition in the afterlife is NOT verifiable in this life.
---StrongAxe on 3/2/17


Strongaxe, that's The most outrageous thing I have ever heard. To claim they are the VICAR of Christ is about as false as it comes. Saying Peters bones are in Rome..again a lie. Telling folks years ago if they ate meat on Friday was subject to hell, is FAR WORSE. Telling folks if they come to venerate the foreskin of Jesus, that all their sins will be forgiven....Is a false prophet.. Telling folks praying to Mary or dead saints works, praying for the dead, purgatory, AGAIN FALSE PROPHECY.....IT NEVER WILL COME TO PASS. meaning Strongaxe, THEY ARE FALSE PROPHETS.

And somehow you see a difference? Or is you job not to,see the difference....just to be a walking dictionary of facts that YOU have put the definitions to?
---kathr4453 on 3/2/17


kathr4453:

The difference between RCC and Benny Hinn is that he has actually claimed to have prophecies from God - making him a prophet, in the biblical sense, and subject to the biblical test for prophets. The RCC does not claim to be prophets in the biblical sense, so they are not subject to that test. They are still subject to the biblical test for true or false teachers (although it's easier to prove a prophecy false than a teaching).

... is just another assumption many believed and you encourage.

How have I encouraged it? I was raised Catholic, and have never returned as they teach many things I disagree with.
---StrongAxe on 3/1/17


Strongaxe, re Benny Hinn....can also be applied to the RCC as well. They have made numerous false claims, violating scripture so blatant it's not even funny. BUT because they claim they can CHANGE THEIR MIND BECAUSE...is just another assumption many believed and you encourage.

The whole of the RCC headquarters having incredible wealth and POWER OVER BILLIONS through out the years, and MURDERING is all based on Peter being the first pope of Rome. Without that they have Or never would have had TEETH.

So it's not just some innocent ...oh well....ya know...gee, well, who can prove...bla bla bla.

Peter in Galatians AFTER witnessing to Cornelius a gentile still didn't get it.
---kathr4453 on 3/1/17




That Paul was in Rome in chains means there was an opening for a preacher who was free to move around. You might conjecture that Peter wasn't in Rome, but by no means can you prove it by making assumptions./// Strongaxe

That Paul was in chains means there was an opening for a preacher who was free to move around IS THE BIGGEST ASSUMPTION to date Strongaxe since they claim Peter was already in Rome....so if that's the case, lets then assume Peter either WASN'T, or God for some reason could not use Peter.

So I see you don't know this history IN SCRIPTURE and find that "assuming" is your cup of tea as well as a defender of the RCC.

So with that Strongaxe, I will have to leave you here in the dirt.
---kathr4453 on 3/1/17


kathr4453:

History didn't suddenly end in 96 AD and restart 1500 years later. Things actually happened inbetween and many witnessed them and wrote about them. That they aren't in the bible doesn't mean they aren't true. That Paul was in Rome in chains means there was an opening for a preacher who was free to move around. You might conjecture that Peter wasn't in Rome, but by no means can you prove it by making assumptions.

Most who used or sold holy relics for profit (in past or present) were charlatans.

Google: Benny Hinn false prophet for voice recordings. He has made many prophecies that failed. By biblical standards, this makes him a false prophet, and the Bible commands us to not listen to such a person.
---StrongAxe on 2/28/17


23:11 And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

Strongaxe, the Word of God...the above verse is why God brought Paul to Rome..YES even in chains.

So I don't have to rely on tradition.

Also, unlike many today, I don't believe MAN regardless of how spiritual he is has the power to heal. All the gifts, including healing, is GOD DOING HIS WORK through us.

What happened in Acts was something unique for that time, just like in the OT.

I don't doubt the verse, I only question its interpretation that it is used as an excuse today to sell Benny Hinns anointed boxer shorts for miracles.
---kathr4453 on 2/28/17


kathr4453:

In Acts 19:12 even though God wrought miracles through Paul, that people were healed by touching his handkerchief means some kind of power was imparted to the handkerchief, no?

In 2 Kings 13:21, the dead man didn't do anything. However, when his body merely touched the bones of Elisha, he was raised from the dead. There must have been some power that was imparted to the bones themselves that was not present everywhere else.

Paul spent his entire time in Rome under arrest. It's much easier for a preacher to preach if he can move about freely (as Peter could). If you are so keen on discounting tradition, why are you so sure that YOU can reliably speak about facts that eyewitnesses of that time period could not?
---StrongAxe on 2/28/17


Strongaxe, Pauls handkerchief did not heal, and nobody's bones raised the dead. God healed, and the Holy Spirit worked through all them. Jesus was that rock in the wilderness. No such thing as a magic Rock, and no such thing as a magic stick that struck it either. Moses staff did not part the sea. GOD DID.
The bronze serpent did not heal, THEIR OBEDIENCE DID.

The donkey didn't speak either, God was speaking through the donkey.

Jesus hem of His Garment did not heal the woman. Her faith in Jesus did. MUD does not cure blindness, Jesus healed.
---kathr4453 on 2/27/17




Strongaxe, of coarse there were Jews in Jerusalem after the Temple was destroyed in 70 ad. There was another uprising in 135ad.

God called Paul to Rome to preach the Gospel in Rome, even in chains. That is stated in scripture. If Peter was already in Rome, Paul being brought there was not necessary.
---kathr4453 on 2/27/17


kathr4453:

The Jews were dispersed. There were Jewish communities all over Asia Minor, and even Rome, but NOT Jerusalem after Titus destroyed it.

No, we don't know everything written outside scripture is true, but how about Julius Caesar and Nero and other historical features? How do we know THEY were real?

You may not like relics, but there are precedents. Paul's handkerchief's healed. Elisha's bones raised the dead.

Jesus's Foreskin? Nobody mentioned that. It's a red herring and a strawman argument.
---StrongAxe on 2/27/17


Galatians 2:8 For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:

Your constant arguing ..... No one but YOU would deny Paul was an apostle to the Gentiles, which is stated many times in Scripture. Peter addresses his epistles the the dispersed ..that is ISRAEL. And Acts as well as Peter himself place him always in the Middle East. So WHY would Peter need to go to Rome? There is no rhyme or reason Peter was a Bishop in Rome. Peter was an APOSTLE....appointed by God, and bishops ( no such thing as a pope) were placed in churches by Apostles. Why would Peter be demoted to a bishop and transported to Rome...WHO had that authority to demote Peter?
---kathr4453 on 2/27/17


Strongaxe, I know many things have been written and attested to after scripture. But does this mean we have to believe it? One such thing are these artifacts including the foreskin of Jesus Christ. Then there is the perfectly intact finger of Thomas.. The finger that supposedly touched Jesus side. So exactly where does one draw the line? I KNOW! Scripture itself will show us what is HEATHAN practices and blasphemy and what is not.

Yes one must take 2Kings 18 into account how God feels about such things.

And if something is so steeped in lies...really..Jesus Foreskin...also having an Order named after Jesus foreskin...?????? And not even GLORIFIED foreskin at that. :) Who does this???? NOT CHRISTIANITY?
---kathr4453 on 2/27/17


//Paul wrote this shortly before he died, in Rome. No mention of Peter//

NO MENTION OF PAUL'S DEATH EITHER IN ROME!

QUIT MAKING UP SCRIPTURE!

//Peter was an apostle to the Jews, and Paul the Gentiles.//

That ISN'T true.

You love making up stuff to confuse people with little Scripture knowledge.

Peter brought the GOSPEL to the Gentiles. Acts 10

Acts 11:1
And the Apostles and brethren that were in Judea, heard that the GENTILES had also RECEIVED the word of God.

//Scripture also says they did not tread on each other's territory.--Kathr

WHAT Scripture?

Yes they did!
Paul RETURNED to Jerusalem for PETER'S APPROVAL: Acts 15.

NOW BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS WITH SCRIPTURE
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/26/17


kathr4453:

Of course, scripture has absolutely nothing to say about events that happened after the scripture itself was written. That does not automatically imply that nothing happened. Many protestants have a particular conceit, that absolutely nothing whatsoever happened in the Church between when the last book of the NT was written, and the Protestant Reformation.

Google: apostle paul died and apostle peter died
Many people wrote about them at the time. Unfortunately, the witnesses died almost 2000 years ago, so it is difficult to cross-examine them.
---StrongAxe on 2/26/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Advertising


Timothy 4:1111 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.

Paul wrote this shortly before he died, in Rome. No mention of Peter whatsoever.

Peter was an apostle to the Jews, and Paul the Gentiles. Scripture also says they did not tread on each other's territory. Rome was Pauls Gentile territory, as well as his citizenship. There was no need for Peter to be there.

Strongaxe, I know what TRADITION says about Peter, but no scripture backs up Peter ever being in Rome. And the Romans didn't have to transport Peter to Rome to kill him. After all, Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem...not Rome.
---kathr4453 on 2/25/17


//I wonder how that was done with Peter?//

Artifacts around the box of bones found. You can goggle it and read all about it.

//Interesting a Priest in Jerusalem found Peters grave site, where it was marked Simon Peter,//

My understanding it was marked "There lies Peter." I don't think the name Simon was used.

//and told the Pope. The Pope said DONT SAY A WORD., and then came out and made some announcement that Peters bones were found in Rome.//

Are you describing a MOVIE?

//I believe Peters grave is in Jerusalem.//

Why? Who cares what you believe. He died in Rome.

//anyone can prove the bones in Rome are Peters---kathr4453

The PROOF was proven, but not so with your words.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/25/17


Yes Strongaxe, I meant to say descendent.

You will have to do research too re Peters grave in Jerusalem. Can't post other web sites here. I did find it interesting that for nearly 2000 years of claiming Peter was in Rome....that WALLA in what the 1970 there abouts, only AFTER the discovery in Jerusalem did Peter's bones suddenly appear under what? With no way to identify then or now. Sounds really fishy to me. No mention of any bones would even have to be made, and for 2000 years never was questioned...until the discovery in Jerusalem. And who is going to call the Pope a liar?

Listen if folks want to believe that....that's their prerogative. I don't. I among many others do not believe Peter was ever in Rome.
---kathr4453 on 2/26/17


Correction, not 1970's but 1950's there abouts.

There is an article on line written in the 1950, with actual pictures of the site and Simon Peters name on a marker. It was discovered by Franciscan Priests.

Also when the RCC said Peter was a pope in Rome, the Book of Acts has Peter in other places , but never once says he went to Rome. I actually believe the actual Bibles account of Peters wear abouts, and not the traditions of man of the RCC who some how need to have the Church in Rome...for political reasons. The Council was as we see in Jerusalem we see in Galatians, supposedly at the time Peter was a Pope in Rome. And James, not Peter was head of the council. Scripture trumps traditions.
---kathr4453 on 2/26/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Eating Disorders


kathr4453:

You wrote: they needed an ancestor of King Richard to do a DNA test to make an absolute positive ID.

Don't you mean "descendant of King Richard"?

I believe Peters grave is in Jerusalem.

where did you get that idea?

According to tradition, Peter was crucified in Rome, but he said he was not worthy to die the same way his savior did, so they crucified him upside down instead. In this case, he would have been buried in Rome.
---StrongAxe on 2/25/17


I recall recently There was a group who thought they found King Richard. They were fairly sure, however they needed an ancestor of King Richard to do a DNA test to make an absolute positive ID. They found one and YES, it is King Richard. But Peter....who claims to be his descendent that a DNA test can prove that?

I wonder how that was done with Peter? Interesting a Priest in Jerusalem found Peters grave site, where it was marked Simon Peter, along with others, and told the Pope. The Pope said DONT SAY A WORD., and then came out and made some announcement that Peters bones were found in Rome. I believe Peters grave is in Jerusalem. And there is no absolute proof that anyone can prove the bones in Rome are Peters.
---kathr4453 on 2/25/17


1.

//why you put Peters so called bones on display.--Kathr

They are not on display. They were discovered in the early 20th century deep underneath the Chair of the Pope in St Peter Church.

We were surprised because Jesus' Words in Matthew 16:18 were both literal and figuratively.

Aaron staff was placed in Ark for veneration.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/24/17


kathr4453:

Very true. Moving a burial site is not the same as exhumation and veneration.

I don't comment on blogs when others are already making points that I would have made, and/or if I have nothing beneficial to add.


Nicole_Lacey:

While it is true that one cannot certainly accuse someone without all the facts, it is possible to use some of the facts and warn someone that they MIGHT be transgressing a law, if they're not careful. This puts the onus on them to be diligent, becuase they THEMSELVES possess all the facts concerning their own behavior.

You wrote: Men are not catty as us.

Some are. There are many like that on these blogs. :)
---StrongAxe on 2/24/17


Send a Free Angel Ecard


Good point Kathyr. Jewish burial practices in the time of Jesus was to let the flesh rot off then gather the bones and place them in an ossuary. Which served as a coffin. So that others could be buried nest to them.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 2/25/17


Nicole the Jews didn't take Joseph's bones to venerate. They moved his casket, his Body most probably wrapped in grave cloths, or however they prepared the body for buriel, and buried him in the promised land as Joseph asked. Do you think they unwrapped his grave cloths and put his bones on display? And you think this and that's why you put Peters so called bones on display......HEATHAN HEATHAN HEATHAN PRACTICE.


Often times, people are moved from a burial place to their home or family grave yard. This is not some sick practice of digging up bones and venerating them. Joseph wanted to be with his own people, his family. His bones were never on display, nor are the bones of those who have passed where graves are moved.
---kathr4453 on 2/24/17


//Nicole, NO you would have accused them of Idolotry.//

INDUBITABLY.

Because I am not God.

Matthew 7:1 applies to me as well.

The difference between us is that I acknowledge I WOULD JUDGE them unfairly.

Because I DON'T have all the FACTS.

That's the wisdom of Matthew 7:1.

I wouldn't want ANYONE to judge me unfairly.
SO WHY WOULD I JUDGE ANOTHER?

Just pray to God "God, if they are in error please show them the TRUE PATH."

//I see Strongaxe did pick up his bat and went home.--kathr4453

He will come back.

Men are not catty as us.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/24/17


Nicole, NO you would have accused them of Idolotry. Every blog you insert yourself into not knowing all the facts have misjudged and accused and made false accusations. You are projecting your own mind and actions here on to others. This one is all on you.

And to set someone up like that, to try and trick then into proving to you they would falsely accuse????.....well, I see Strongaxe did pick up his bat and went home....and for good reason. How dare you imagine in your imaginary world for the purpose of trying to set someone up so you can falsely accuse them, or bring them down to your level is SHAMEFUL.

You are beyond shameful. This is not what CN is for Nicole.
---kathr4453 on 2/24/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Travel Packages


//Strongaxe imagining he was in the desert during bible times doesn't change the story.//

It's a question about judging other people when you DON'T have all the facts. MATT 7:1

You and StrongAxe would have accused them of idolatry

//What Strongaxe may have imagined and what actually was happening ????//

He is ONLY suppose to be imaging himself going back to my selected TIME SLOT.

//Keeping relics for the purpose of venerating them is again IDOLOTRY. Take a lesson from 2 Kings.---kathr4453

Do you even know what the word 'venerate' means?

The Jews took Joseph's Bones as relics to venerate.

Do you think they were going to give them to their dogs for a snack?

GOD FORBID!
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/23/17


Nicole, Strongaxe imagining he was in the desert during bible times doesn't change the story. What Strongaxe may have imagined and what actually was happening ????Why would Strongaxe have imagined something different than what Was going on??? If he were in the desert, he would have been right in the middle of what was going on. If he were a spy look on from the mountains, he would have been a heathen. And what a heathen might have thought just looking on, could have imagined anything NOT OF GOD.

And Yes it was different Israelites , just like the RCCs relics today. You are not the same people as those during Jesus time either. Keeping relics for the purpose of venerating them is again IDOLOTRY. Take a lesson from 2 Kings.
---kathr4453 on 2/23/17


//I don't see Strongaxe doing that at all Nicole. The golden calf was made by man out of mans imagination.//

Because you didn't read my post:

***StrongAxe, imagine yourself walking in the desert during the 40 years the Israelites were wondering in the desert.

You see them in a long line looking at a bronze snake on a pole.--Nicole_Lacey on 2/20/17

It's my imagination story of him in an actual Bible time. Not StrongAxe's story to CHANGE the scene.

//It was later destroyed because it had become to Israel somewhat of an ikon.--kathr4453 on 2/23/17

Not in Numbers 21:9 they DIDN'T WORSHIP the snake they were DEAD when 2 Kings 18:4 happened.

Different people!
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/23/17


We need to understand that everything in the tabernacle, including the mercy seat, the ark, was made after a pattern of things in heaven. Before Jesus came, God drew pictures. Kinda like pictionary. Everything pointed to Jesus Christ. Everything.

Now Jesus has come, and there is no more need for the PICTURE GALLERY pointing to Jesus Christ.

But we do have certain groups who still believe having some sort of tangible artifacts is excusable, because after all, look at those Golden Angels over the ark.....

This thinking is wrong, because today we have all we need...the RISEN Jesus Christ.
---kathr4453 on 2/23/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Repair


I don't see Strongaxe doing that at all Nicole. The golden calf was made by man out of mans imagination. Remember too that many from Egypt came out with them and probably had a great influence in them making a golden calf. It was IDOLTRY pure and simple.

However the Bronze serpent was instructed by God to make and hold up for a purpose, and a time. It was later destroyed because it had become to Israel somewhat of an ikon.
---kathr4453 on 2/23/17


//I used the golden calf as an example of flagrant idolatry by people who should have known better---StrongAxe on 2/22/17

Ya, because you can't explain God forcing the Israelites to LOOK at an object for healing.

Instead of addressing the bronze snake you picked another object made by the same Israelites in disobedience.

Nor can you explain the Ark of the Covenant with 2 ANGELS on top.

So holy and precious that's no one was even allowed to touch except for certain Priests.

If they touch the Holy Object they die.


Sorry but you can't manipulate Scripture.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/22/17


Nicole_Lacey and kathr4453:

I used the golden calf as an example of flagrant idolatry by people who should have known better.
---StrongAxe on 2/22/17


//years later the bronze serpent did become an IKON, an object of worship,//

Well then your Church needs to put an end to ikon worshipping among your members.

Catholics ONLY worship the TRUE LORD AND SAVIOR!

You should keep your Church problems amongst yourselves.

//Speaking of the bronze serpent and the worshipping of this object...//

Are you claiming the bronze snake HEALED the Israelites and NOT God?

//doesn't the RCC actually have this in the RCC church in some form or fashion//

You mean a statue of Mary stepping on the snake? Genesis 3:15

//the shroud, a peace of wood that claims was part of the cross.--kathr4453

How do you know so much? You seen them yourself?
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/22/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Products


No Nicole, I was already in the conversation of which Strongaxe and you commented on. As a matter of fact, years later the bronze serpent did become an IKON, an object of worship, so Strongaxe DID know what he was talking about...not you. Speaking of the bronze serpent and the worshipping of this object...doesn't the RCC actually have this in the RCC church in some form or fashion. I bet if we researched it.....it will be there.

Your church in comparison to the worshipping of the Bronze serpent have taken all artifacts to use to worship....the shroud, a peace of wood that claims was part of the cross. It's IDOLOTRY.
---kathr4453 on 2/22/17


//Nicole, the bronze serpent is what God used to remind them of SIN that originated with the serpent in the Garden...God would have healed them of their leprosy.//

Very poetic, but the bronze snake prefigures our Salvation from Jesus.

//See just an example that you don't know everything.//

That I already knew.

But it also shows you jumping into a conversation without knowing the topic.

I gave StrongAxe a visual of a bronze snake and he changed it to the golden calf.

Go back and read our posts.

//part of scripture should be something everyone should know , especially those who have appointed themself the IT GIRL. ---kathr4453

That was MADE UP SCRIPTURE you gave as usual.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/22/17


Now some teach the serpent represents Christ who became a curse for us. The curse of the leprosy was in fact a curse because of disobedience. So this view is quite good. Either way, one must acknowledge ones sin in the first place, whether the serpent reminds of sin and where it began, or whether the serpent represents Christ who became sin for us and too our curse...which must have happened for those who looked upon the serpent.....

Just more scripture showing Jesus was made a curse for us...and again no one needed to offer money to the priests first for any healing to take place or God to hear their heart or see their faith/obedience.
---kathr4453 on 2/22/17


Nicole, the bronze serpent is what God used to remind them of SIN that originated with the serpent in the Garden. If they looked up, acknowledging they were sinners, God would have healed them of their leprosy. Some looked up, others did not...also proving FREE CHOICE. John 3:12-18 reference lifting up Jesus for the forgivness of sin.

See just an example that you don't know everything. That's ok but that part of scripture should be something everyone should know , especially those who have appointed themself the IT GIRL.
---kathr4453 on 2/21/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Divorce


//If people lose a magic talisman,//

Why didn't you just say magic and not BLESSED?

They bless their articles of clothing of religious matter.

//They rush to get a replacement, and freak out because they fear they are no longer protected.//

Reading hearts now? That's RICH!

I know fools who freak out when their Iphone doesnt work. RUNNING to the store for another one because they're afraid they're going to MISS ONE CALL.

//If people's faith is truly in God, losing an object that reminds them of God is no big thing.//

We all AGREE. Seems only you have a problem.

Deflecting?

//Per your example,..made a golden calf---StrongAxe

Typical Democrat.

I said the bronze snake!
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/21/17


Nicole_Lacey:

If people lose a tool (e.g. a bible they study with), they may go get another.
If people lose an item they use for remembrance (e.g. a photo), they may go get another.
If people lose a magic talisman, they rush to get a replacement, and freak out because they fear they are no longer protected. THAT is the difference.
If people's faith is truly in God, losing an object that reminds them of God is no big thing. But if they are worshiping the object itself, losing or desecrating it causes great fear and outrage.

Per your example, the people knew God, yet made a golden calf and said "THIS is the God who led us out of Egypt".
---StrongAxe on 2/21/17


StrongAxe, imagine yourself walking in the desert during the 40 years the Israelites were wondering in the desert.

You see them in a long line looking at a bronze snake on a pole.

Afterwards, you saw and heard them jumping around praising God for some type of healing.

You don't know what happened prior to them looking ar the bronze snake.
And you don't know about the God they are prasing either.

You would assume they were worshipping the bronze snake on a pole. The bronze snake itself was their god.

I say that because people's behavior and their treatment of material objects isn't proof of idol worship.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/20/17


//Many others use them as good luck charms.//

TRUE. But Kathr isn't god. Matt 7:1

//how they react when those items are damaged or misplaced.//

That is judging as well. You don't WHY they take such measures.

//Creation of holy water is a procedure that imparts a permanent, unmeasurable, allegedly supernatural quality to a material object. This is, by definition, magic, no different from creating a talisman, amulet, etc.//

What do you think is being USED when one has SPECIAL OIL to Anoint in the OT and JAMES?

Ordinary olive oil? Matt 7:1

//Why do Christians have funerals and graveyards? Did most of us somehow miss the memo?---StrongAxe

Not the Native Americans they got the memo 3000 yrs old.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/20/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Marriage


Nicole_Lacey:

Many people use material objects like that as reminders or tools. Many others use them as good luck charms. The easiest way to tell the difference is to see how they react when those items are damaged or misplaced. (The same also applies to things like flags, bibles, etc.)

Creation of holy water is a procedure that imparts a permanent, unmeasurable, allegedly supernatural quality to a material object. This is, by definition, magic, no different from creating a talisman, amulet, etc.

Why do Christians have funerals and graveyards? Did most of us somehow miss the memo?


kathr4453:

There is so much information out there, it's hard to tell which is true and which is false.
---StrongAxe on 2/19/17


//A plastic Jesus on the dashboard of my car is not going to ward off an accident either. Again many actually do this, it's WITCHCRAFT.//

Who believes that?

Witchcraft?

Judging aren't we? Matthew 7:1

How do you know that the plastic Jesus wasn't placed there because they wanted a remember not to curse during rush hour?

//Making Holy Water out of tap water, by some WHAT, magic? ..is again witchcraft.//

Are you give a recipe?

Praying in Jesus' Name isn't MAGIC or Witchcraft. SHAME ON YOU.

//Praying to the dead...is absolutely witchcraft.--kathr4453 on 2/19/17

Who is dead? Jesus said God isn't the God of the dead but the living.

Are you calling Jesus a liar?
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/19/17


//I am saying a physical healing, I am speaking on Spiritual healing.

What is the difference?//

Mortal sins or Exorcism.

Smoking or Alcoholism isn't a physical disorder but a mind disorder. Not mental but mind.

The person who finds himself no longer craving cigarettes will give Jesus the credit.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/18/17


Strongaxe, we live in a day of easy information access to anything anyone wants to know. It doesn't make them an expert. It's out there. But most people would not even put it together and look for it.

A plastic Jesus on the dashboard of my car is not going to ward off an accident either. Again many actually do this, it's WITCHCRAFT.

Making Holy Water out of tap water, by some WHAT, magic? ..is again witchcraft.

It's all right there, the list is never ending......if you really honestly want to see it for what it is.

Praying to the dead...is absolutely witchcraft.
---kathr4453 on 2/19/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Consolidation


Nicole worte: "...All AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN and on EARTH has been given to Me."

Jesus spoke this while still on eart as a human _ BEFORE His Ascension.

Nicole worte: "who told you to worship candles or a tabernacle?"

I traveled all throughout North America and spoke to thousands of people, many from denominational "churches." Many of the catholics I've talk with had small tables set up with a statue of a certain saint or of Mary having candles around the statue. some even rub the statues in the church for good luck. It's even worse in other countries. Does your pope repremand anyone for doing such things? NO! And your present pope is the most liberal pope of all.
---Steveng on 2/19/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: I am saying a physical healing, I am speaking on Spiritual healing.

What is the difference?

The only one I can see is that we can't actually see spiritual problems, so it's easier to blithely assume that prayers for mental and spiritual healing are answered, as we can't easily see direct physical evidence that they aren't.


kathr4453:

Some burn colored candles beause the colors have specific magical significance. Others burn them because they are pretty. How are you such an expert about what colors witches use?
---StrongAxe on 2/18/17


//When christians pray, they pray to God, not to Jesus, but in Jesus' name.//

Jesus has to be God if one is going to pray in HIS NAME.

//Remember: Jesus can't do anything without the help of the Father.//

That was BEFORE His Ascension.

After His Resurrection He has all the Power given by HIS FATHER.

Matthew 28:17-19

When they saw Him, they worshiped Him, (YOU DON'T WORSHIP A CREATURE) but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, All AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN and on EARTH has been given to Me..

//No worldly knickknack, e.g. candles / tabernacle , can help in prayer.--Steveng on 2/17/17

Correct!

But, who told you to worship candles or a tabernacle?

They are WRONG!!!
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/18/17


Steveng, absolutely true, we pray to the Father in Jesus name.

Nicole's name calling will never change that fact. All the Catholic Churches superstitions and black magic will one day be exposed and judged by God. The Harlot will one day be judged.

So drink the milk of the word while you can Nicole.
---kathr4453 on 2/18/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Refinancing


God the Father is our only help.

When christians pray, they pray to God, not to Jesus, but in Jesus' name. Remember: Jesus can't do anything without the help of the Father.

No worldly knickknack, e.g. candles / tabernacle , can help in prayer. Jesus is anywhere where two or more are gathered in his name.

Prayer is simply communicating to God like you would a very close friend. Also, be specific in your requests and believe it will be done, and it will.
---Steveng on 2/17/17


StrongAxe, I am saying a physical healing, I am speaking on Spiritual healing.

Smoking is a mind centered.

Kathr, you are too old to give silly anti-Catholic rhetoric slurs.

You won't even cite your slurs.

Drink your milk and grow.

BTW, our colors are copies of the Priestly Jewish colors.

If you were really a Jew, you would recognize them.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/17/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: But yes you will be healed!

Giving a 100% ironclad guarantee is a bad idea. Whenever someone prays (or goes through any sort of religious procedure) that is 100% guaranteed to heal them (or do anything else), and they are NOT healed, this only serves to weaken or eliminate their faith - because it puts their faith in the procedure rather than God.

CAN God heal anyone? Yes. Will God heal EVERYONE? No. Just look at the statistics of those who have prayed but not been healed.
---StrongAxe on 2/17/17


Candles were introduced to the Catholic mass about 320 A.D. There is no Scriptural reasons for them, unless you are a practicing witch. Below is a list of different colored candles a witch would use throughout the year. See if you can recall any of these colors used during a Catholic mass:

White Purity, Truth, Sincerity
Red Strength, Health, Vigor, Sexual Love
Light Blue Tranquillity, Understanding, Patience
Dark Blue Impulsiveness, Depression, Change
Green Finance, Fertility, Luck
Gold/Yellow Persuasion, Charm, Confidence
Brown Hesitation, Uncertainty
Pink Honor, Love, Morality
Black Evil, Loss, Discord, Confusion
Purple Tension, Ambition, Power
---kathr4453 on 2/17/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Franchises


Jesus finished works on the cross provided a way right now to break the power of sin in our life, and it's not staring at goats or red candles in imaginary tabernacles.

I think if one actually believed and obeyed Romans 6-8 , that outta do it. But I suppose Nicole's comparison of Jesus to witchcraft is much like her comparison to anything she says it is. And all one needs to do is pat Nicole on the back for her awesome comparisons. And who would contradict her? I WOULD? Even if she curses me. Everyone else ignores Nicole's false teaching, because......why? Do you think she is to fragile to handle the truth, OR are you to fragile to deal with her wrath?

Jesus is not in a magic candle, in a plastic magic candle tabernacle.
---kathr4453 on 2/17/17


//May be I should do what you recommend for cigarettes, and visit the candles of the Catholic church.//

Not the candles, but look at the Tabernacle next to the lit candle in a RED candle holder.

But yes you will be healed!

//You guaranteed the smoker will be cured.//

Yes, Jesus is our only help.

//How about your Jesus making me well. Every minute I go to God in prayer.---mike4879on 2/16/17

He is your Jesus just as much as mine.

That's why I suggested Adoration.

No greater place to pray than praying in front of Him.

Best sleep as well!

Go visit Him. He is waiting!
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/17/17


Nicole_Lacey, I will have more chemical imbalance in seeking this help that you suggest. May be I should do what you recommend for cigarettes, and visit the candles of the Catholic church. You guaranteed the smoker will be cured. I have every reason to smoke, and don't. I have every reason to use drugs, but don't. I have every reason to drink, but don't. How about your Jesus making me well. Every minute I go to God in prayer.
---mike4879 on 2/16/17


Mike, I say this with respect.

You might have a Chemical imbalance.

Go get some help.

Everyone needs help at different stages of life.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/16/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Lead Generation


So yes, I was called to be a coach potatoe.
---mike4879 on 2/14/17

It took me a while to formulate my response to that whopper!

BTW, did you run that statement by anyone, say your wife or your pastor?

My response is that you seem depressed, lethargic, a "woe is me" attitude.

Many in the Bible had this, and one in particular, Elijah had this quite often. Elijah even said "I have had enough God, please kill me". He was that depressed.

But there is hope and it is hope that you need. But to hope, you need to know that everything is going to be alright, everything is going to work out. You need to, again, trust God.

What are the expectations you have that God is not meeting?
---Mark_Eaton on 2/15/17


mike4879:

You wrote: God did call me to be a coach potatoe and a pew warmer.

As they say, it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it! :)
---StrongAxe on 2/14/17


God did call me to be a coach potatoe and a pew warmer. Perhaps many others. BE STILL, and know that I am Lord! " IF THERE EVER WERE DREAMS THAT WERE LOFTY AND NOBLE, they were my dreams from the start. But my dreams turned to ashes and my castles all crumbled." and Cain killed his brother Abel. God supports what he wishes to support. Such is as such. Creation is frustrated by the will of God. (Romans) So yes, I was called to be a coach potatoe.
---mike4879 on 2/14/17


Is his yoke easy and his burden light?
---mike4879 on 2/13/17

We are told to keep our eyes on Jesus, on what's above, or whatever honorable thing that reminds us of who we are and of whom's we are.

Sadness fills my heart when I think of the world and how rebellion fills everyone's heart. Yet such was I.

How difficult is it really to love God, love your neighbor as yourself, and love one another as He loved us? We are called to liberty and we must use our liberty to serve others.

If something bothers you, do something about it. God did not call me to be a couch-potato or a pew-warmer. How about you?
---Mark_Eaton on 2/14/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


The worldly denominational "church" of Steveng sure has.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 2/14/17


mike4879:

True. However, when we use the term "Pharisee" today, we usually don't mean the religious sect from 2000 years ago, but rather, people who act like the specific Pharisees in the N.T. that Jesus always condemned. Most Jews at that time (and thus most of Jesus's followers) were Pharisees (and in fact, modern Judaism is descended from that tradition), but when Jesus addressed Pharisees as such, he was referring specifically to hypocritical self-righteous religious leaders. When we use the term "Pharisee" today, that is what we mean - just as we use "Samaritan" to mean the generic "righteous person who helps others" rather than the specific "despised heretic from northern Palestine".
---StrongAxe on 2/14/17


Pharisees believe there is a ressurection. Don't you? Sadducees teach there is NO RESURRECTION. After believing on Jesus, Paul continued to be a Pharisee.
---mike4879 on 2/13/17


mike4879:

The question isn't "who are regarded as Pharisees today", but "Who ARE Pharisees today".

People who have moral codes aren't necessarily Pharisees. Not even if they sometimes break their moral codes (after all, John says that if we say we are without sin, we are liars). They are only Pharisees if they actively preach a moral code to others and condemn those others for not following the same code, AND AT THE SAME TIME break it themselves. Jesus didn't condemn the religious rigor of the Pharisees - only their hypocrisy, and hypocrisy was one of the few things he ever screamed at people at with condemnation.
---StrongAxe on 2/13/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


YES, Mark_eaten, love is to fulfill the law. BUT HOW is Jesus' burden light? and his yoke easy? when scripture says "Pick up your cross and follow me," and "IF it is HARD for the RIGHTEOUS to be SAVED, what will happen to the UNGODLY and sinner? Is his yoke easy and his burden light in that it is not worth comparing these brief and momentary afflictions to what is in Christ Jesus for those who die in Christ?

In this lewd and corruptible generation, all is regarded as legalism. It is like NO HETEROSEXUAL will enter the kingdom of heaven.
---mike4879 on 2/13/17


MUCH is being regarded as LEGALISM now days.
---mike4879 on 2/13/17

I would say much is legalism.

What would you say if I suggested to you that all you need to do to be in perfect relationship with God is three things? That everything else anyone says you must or need to do is legalism?

You see, that is the true grace of God. His yoke is indeed kind and His burden is light.

But notice, the Scriptures did not say that to follow these three commandments would be easy. No. To follow these commandments means we have to die to who we are, who we want to be, who we used to be, and who we think we are.

We have to conformed into the love that God has shown to us, other-centered, self-giving, love.
---Mark_Eaton on 2/13/17


Yes, today's religious systems and clergy have unwittingly become the "Pharisees of today" (just like the Romans also).

Rom 1:21
for although they knew God they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him,

God did not accept what the Romans did because they had simply made devotion/worship a DUTY/obligation to be PERFORMED in accordance with a BOOK (DEVOTION had become completely devoid of sentiment, passion, and love).

When the Jews left Egypt, they brought with them many pagan beliefs and practices for worshipping the gods of the pharaohs. So the ruling body of Judaism became corrupted and was called the 'pharaoh-SEES' (a "SEE" is a religious jurisdiction that makes the rules and laws).
---faithforfaith on 2/13/17


MUCH is being regarded as LEGALISM now days. It is a new church with an Old Adam. There are deviant life-styles welcomed into the church and embraced by the church. Churches and seminaries are being infiltrated by polluted mindsets. Amid this, one of the definitions of a Pharisee in the Webster's Dictionary is HYPOCRITE! Under that, ALL in the church are regarded as hypocrites and Pharisees.
---mike4879 on 2/13/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Auto Insurance


Every Church has Pharisees
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/13/17


Generalizations are risky so in the same breath that I say NO, I must also say maybe some have.

Generally there's a few things to avoid.

1. Those who preach a God that saves but can't/doesn't keep.

2. Those who preach legalism. i.e. do this or your not saved

3. sinless perfectionism

4. dogmatism in non essentials

All these are big red flags, and who would know better than a Pharisee :D

Preaching Christ the risen son of God who saves with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, through forgiveness of sins, by repentance and faith is what truly matters.
---Pharisee on 2/12/17


Who are Pharisees today?

Us who believe in the resurrection. Any believer with a moral standard is regarded as a Pharisee now days. You can't confront any thing without being labeled. Sin is now righteousness! Any one who has hope in Christ Jesus might be regarded as a Pharisee now days, but things are pretty polluted.
---mike4879 on 2/12/17


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.