ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

StrongAxe's Blog Replies
Post a New Blog

Vote on StrongAxe as a helpful ChristiaNet blogger by clicking this link. Currently StrongAxe has 1439 votes. The higher the number of votes the more helpful this blogger is considered by the ChristiaNet community.


Explain Terrorists
  
Leon:

You wrote: terrorist are also evil spirited blog trolls who blitz & trash other people's blogs with trivial religious nonsense. A prime example is what's happening on this & many other CN blogs.


"Terrorists" are, by definition, people who act to inspire fear and terror.

Internet trolls are, by definition, people who post provocative messages to forment discord. While sowing discord is bad (and is, in fact, warned about in scripture), it's hardly terrorism.

Cross-posting a message about kitty souffle to cat-lovers and cooking groups, to start an argument, is trolling. Phoning in a bomb threat about the library, to scare the pants off people, is terrorism. Do you see the difference?


Explain Terrorists
  
Wikipedia works. Of the dozens of sources there, ONLY ONE (from the FBI [27]) suggests it be from a non-government entity, but it's in the government's own best interest to exclude itself from being called terrorist, so this is hardly an unbiased definition.

It originally referred to acts BY GOVERNMENTS, but now has been expanded to ALSO include non-governments. Nobody else EXCLUDES governments.

Also: An associated, and arguably more easily definable, but not equivalent term is violent non-state actor. [33]


Immortal Soul After Death
  
A search for "soul" and "destroy" comes up with many scriptures that mention that souls can be destroyed, but the most obvious one is Matthew 10:28:
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

If a soul can be destroyed, it can't be immortal.

One can always argue that "what we mean by 'soul' today isn't the same as what the bible meant", but if so, why change the meaning of a word just to create confusion?


Explain Terrorists
  
Scott1:

Yes, and that is the problem. YOUR definition of "terrorist" is not the same as the dictionary's and everyone else's. You can't have a dialog when you mean a word to mean something different than everyone else does.

The dictionary definition makes no distinction as to whether terrorists are private agents, or agents of an official or government body.

For example, in WW2, the Nazis had a standing policy that if anyone anywhere killed a Nazi officer, they would round up 10 civilians and shoot them. This was terrorism pure and simple, as it was not intended to mete out justice (since innocents were punished), but rather to instil fear.


The Holler Preacher
  
Darlene_1:

You wrote: When the anointing of God touches a preacher he may well speak louder and with zeal because he has the power of God upon him. It may be the joy in being blessed with anointing for God's use.

While this is true, sadly the converse is not always true. All too many preachers bellow loudly because they think it will make them sound spirit-filled (or they are actually deluded into thinking it will actually inspire the spirit - I'm not sure which is worse), but instead of breathing out the spirit, all they are exhaling is hot air.


Explain Terrorists
  
Scott1:

I wrote: EXCEPT if you have a badge or uniform, in which case it's perfectly fine.

You wrote: we can talk about statism also but that would take another blog post. I am trying to confined this blog to terrorist.

That is the whole point. It's meaningless to even attempt to discuss terrorists if one does not have a common consensus about what the very word "terrorist" actually means. Until that is established, any discussion on the subject becomes an argument of apples vs. oranges, e.g. "Apples are evil". "No they aren't. Oranges are good" - except both happen to use the same word. Such discussions are fruitless.


Explain Terrorists
  
Scott1:

You wrote I would consider ISIL to be a state. I am definitely not considering morality. They apply gov't functions hold and conquer land.

It sounds like you use the word "terrorist" merely to describe "anyone who uses military methods but isn't an actual government" - which essentially sounds like it's wrong to brutalize and kill and steal and destroy - EXCEPT if you have a badge or uniform, in which case it's perfectly fine.


Monk_Brendan:

This presumes that the RCC is always following the will of Christ 100%, so there is no conflict - something that has historically not always been true.


Explain Terrorists
  
Scott1:

You wrote: However, Washington was the head of the congress, a gov't entity.

At that time, the Colonies were under British rule. That a bunch of rebels declared themselves independent and establish what they called a new government (no matter how justified that was) does not alter this fact.

This is, from a legal pespective, no different than a bunch of rebels in Iraq denouncing what they call a corrupt government and establishing the Islamic State. Nobody else considers them a legal government, even if they themselves do, and their invading everyone and murdering them are acts of terror.

Similarly, the Bundy clan taking over government land and declaring the U.S. government illegitimate.


Explain Terrorists
  
Scott1:

By your definition, then, revolutionists are terrorists - whether they be George Washington rebelling against the lawful (but unjust) rule of King George, or the French populace vomiting out the corrupt King Louis, or the Russian people vomiting out the corrupt Czar Alexander, or David and his insurgents making guerilla raids against the Philistines, who were the de-facto rulers in Palestine at the time.


The Holler Preacher
  
Leon:

On the one hand, you are taking umbrage at KarenD judging you, yet in the immediately previous breath, you were judging Monk_Brendan as being delusional and demon-possessed. What about the Golden Rule?

While it's true demons can cause many kinds of physical and mental illnesses, it doesn't follow that all such illnesses are necessarily caused by demons.

Unfortunately, the monk man doesn't think like you've suggested because he isn't in his right mind.

Are you medically qualified to diagnose mental illness?

In his own words he has mood swings that take him "from zero to bastard in two seconds".

I sometimes do too, but remain silent when I do.


How Christians Can Grow
  
Samuelbb7:

You wrote: There was another group. Whose name I can't remember who decided they were to sin all they could since it didn't matter.

Their bibles must have omitted Romans 6:1-2: What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

They were either saved or lost so it made no difference if they lived in sin.

Yet this is the inevitable conclusion when you take follow what predestination actually implies. Ergo, there must be something missing in the doctrine of predestination.


The Holler Preacher
  
I personally find many of these "vocal traditions" distasteful, such as hollering when there is no need (given modern electronics), or haranguing to inflame the audience's emotions to where they will be accept anything ("Can you say amen? I didn't hear that! Louder!"). The one that irritates me like nails on a chalkboard is when they add "a" to everything ("When JEEEzusa came to JerRUUUsalema...")

Monk_Brendan wrote: Oh Bravo, Leon! You have indicted yourself with your own hand.

Rather than rejoicing in him tripping himself up, it would be more forgiving to rather rejoice in the fact that he acknowledges correct behavior, whether or not he succeeds in achieving it 100% of the time.


Explain Terrorists
  
Monk_Brendan:

You wrote: there are no Biblical origins of terrorism. God has written on stone that we are not supposed to kill.

That God wrote it in stone had as little impact on society in Biblical times (e.g. look at all the wars and murders, even by people like David, "a man after God's own heart") as today. All societies for bid it, but have it anyway.

How dare you try to change His word?

He's not changing what God said, just asking for a clearer topic title about what people are actually doing (which, sadly, is not the same). In my experience, moderators choose titles that usually vary from moderately apt to extraordinarily misleading, with few accurately describing the blog question.


Are There 11 Commandments
  
jerry6593:

When Jesus was asked which of the commandments were most important, he didn't quote the Ten Commandments - he mentioned only two - love God, and love your neighbor. It is quite easy to see loving God covers the first three, and loving your neighbor covers the last 5 (and probably only honoring your parents), but keeping the Sabbath doesn't really fall under either category - yet Jesus never felt a need to speak about that one in particular.

But these 10 you claim to not be binding while concluding that others are. Strange!

Jesus mentioned two laws that Moses gave, that were not written in stone, as being more important than all others (including those that WERE written in stone).


Various Government Agencies
  
Darlene_1:

Nazism was an extreme right-wing, not left-wing ideology. Extremes on either side are destructive. Left-wing ideology paints the state as mother, and citizens as incompetent children, who must be nannied, and can't be trusted to take care of themselves, nor make their own decisions. Right-wing ideology says citizens are adults, and must take care of themselves, and shouldn't be coddled. The nazis had the concept of "useless eaters" - i.e. euthanizing the sick, old, and mentally incompetent because they were no longer useful to society, and couldn't care for themselves. This is the epitome of right-wing "survival of the fittest, and no mercy to anyone else" ideology, and the antithesis of left-wing coddling.


How Christians Can Grow
  
Samuelbb7:

You wrote: Universalism came out of Calvinism.

How is this possible, as they are diametrically opposed? Universalism teaches that all will be saved, while Calvinism says that not all will be saved.


Are There 11 Commandments
  
jerry6593:

You wrote: One could logically conclude that anyone who claims to be above the Law of God (i.e., he is not "under the Law") does not love God or his fellow man.

Quite to the contrary, one who is already under the two laws of love (i.e. who loves God and his fellow man) does not need to be told the others, because he would ALREADY be fulfilling them.
If you obey one general rule, e.g. "don't eat meat", you don't need to be told dozens of others, e.g. "don't eat pork", "don't eat beef", don't eat chicken", etc. - you'll ALREADY be obeying all of those, and more.


Various Government Agencies
  
Haz27:

You wrote: Monk_B. You consistently failed to substantiate your unfounded claims, and then resorted to ad hominem attacks when confronted with facts. This is the trademark style of deceitful Leftists.

Actually, this is a trademark of deceitful people, whether they are on the left or right (and there are plenty on both sides).

I already quoted Lev 20:13 if a man lies with another man, then it's abomination.

Luke 17:34: I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed, the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Clearly, on the day of judgment these two men have different fates. How do you interpret this?


Who Was 12th Disciple
  
Trav:

I never said Judah WASN'T Judah. I was speaking of the word "Jew", which is a different word. That word is currently used by everyone in the world (including the Jews themselves) to represent EVERYONE descending from Israel, regardless of their tribe. This was also the case in Judea of the New Testament, because Paul said in Christ there was no Jew nor Greek - He did NOT say there was no Israelite nor Greek, nor did he say there was no Jew nor Israelite nor Greek.

If you don't like my logic coming to this conclusion, you don't like Paul's scripture either.



Copyright© 1996-2015 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.