ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

StrongAxe's Blog Replies
Post a New Blog

Vote on StrongAxe as a helpful ChristiaNet blogger by clicking this link. Currently StrongAxe has 1456 votes. The higher the number of votes the more helpful this blogger is considered by the ChristiaNet community.


Too Much Bickering
  
john9346:

Only if they skimmed it quickly without actually paying attention. Note the capitalized "Christian" just before "scripture"? One doesn't normally repeat words closely in a sentence without a good reason to do so.

It's obvious they had SOME scripture - otherwise Paul's statement about scripture being profitable would have been meaningless. One must conclude the scripture they had wasn't CHRISTIAN but some other kind (i.e. Jewish).

Nevertheless, now that you know what I meant, could we please move on? We've already wasted enough of this blog choking on gnats.

None of the verses you quoted says Jesus is God. Polycarp etc. were NOT in the NEW TESTAMENT. Read what I ACTUALLY WROTE.


Doctrine Of Immaculate Conception
  
john9346:

Cluny asks this question because there are so many Protestants who attack straw men of their own devising - i.e. they take a doctrine, misinterpret it, and create a totally different doctrine that is ridiculous. They then attack it because it's ridiculous, and when they've successfully proven that it's ridiculous, they think they have debunked the original doctrine, when all they have done is demolished their own straw man.

If anyone is going to debunk something, they should know exactly what it is they are debunking first. Otherwise, their effort is meaningless. If Saudi Arabia attacks you, it isn't terribly effective to retaliate by bombing Iraq (regardless of the fact that it's already been tried).


More Finish It Here June 2017
  
john9346:

Again, "How God communicates With Us." is no longer listed.

From "Is Sola Scriptura A Theory.":

2 Tim 3:15-17, John 20:30-31 say scripture is useful, not that it's exclusive.
1 Cor 4:6 says men aren't above scripture, not scripture is above men.
(If you meant some other post, please indicate the date, giving just a blog is like saying "It's in John somewhere". There's not room to dissect all 75 posts in one reply.)


Samuelbb7:

Jesus telling his followers to eat his flesh DIRECTLY contradicted dietary laws from Leviticus. Many followers who believed Sola Scriptura had to leave him as a false teacher over this. The ones who stayed did NOT follow Sola Scriptura.


Greatest Threat To The World
  
Haz27:

You wrote: You really need to take the red pill AXE.

So do you. But then again, you will believe whatever you want to believe, regardless of the evidence to the contrary.


Too Much Bickering
  
Nicole_Lacey:

I just quoted one thing he said, but he has said many others that corroborate this view. The core, fundamental belief of Christians is that Jesus died to save us from our sins. This would not have been necessary if we didn't do anything wrong. Yet Trump boasts that he never did anything he needed to ask forgiveness for. This means Trump either a narcissistic non-Christian, or someone so holy he's on par with Jesus himself. Many of his followers believe the latter. I find the former more plausible.


Doctrine Of Immaculate Conception
  
Nicole_Lacey:

This is one thing that I could never understand about IC that seems to defy all logic.

The fundamental question is this. Is it possible for God to concieve a sinless child from a sinful mother? If this is possible, then there would have been no need for Mary to be sinless. If it is not possible, then Jesus would have had to be conceived by a sinless Mary (IC). However, by the very same reasoninig, Mary would ALSO have had to have been conceived by another sinless mother, and so on, back to the first mother (Eve). But Eve was NOT sinless, which results in a contradiction. Thus, the very logic, that demands IC, contradicts itself, and without it, it's no more than unsubstantiated theological hand-waving.


Greatest Threat To The World
  
(Oops, I meant SUBJECTIVE opinion)


Greatest Threat To The World
  
Mark_Eaton:

"Who knows?" means that whether it's better for humans to live, or for humans to go extinct and the world to be populated by roaches is an objective opinion. Humans and roaches would disagree.


Haz27:

No concensus? 90+% percent of scientists believe in it. But of course, politicians who have no scientific training, but receive millions of dollars in lobby money from fossil fuel interests know science better than people who make careers out of it.

The Fake news about man made climate change sounds more like a lie designed to manipulate people in the West.

Yes, they must have photoshopped the time-laps photos of the ice caps melting, right?


Too Much Bickering
  
Haz27:

You're obviously addicted to the Right's Fake News, hence your stance in protecting your team in spite of its blatant evils.

You choose to ignore such facts because the cognitive dissonance you'd suffer would be too uncomfortable for you. (Sound familiar?)

Trump isn't just criticizing people, he's actively threatening them with lawsuits, with changing the law to make it easy to punish the media who dare to tell the truth.

Other politicians don't THREATEN their detractors. At least not in western democracies. They do in fascist countries and banana republics, but we aren't that (at least not yet).


Greatest Threat To The World
  
David:

"Civilization" means "an advanced state of human society, in which a high level of culture, science, industry, and government has been reached", and has nothing to do with whether people are saved or not. It enables cities to exist, by shipping food in, and much more productive technological assists to agriculture than are possible with horse and plow.

In ancient Rome, beheadings were quick painless executions reserved for citizens. Non-citizens were subject to painful torturous crucifixions. Beheadings were similarly used to painlessly execute nobles in the middle ages, and in the French Revolution, and is also prevalent in Islam. The predominant use of other forms of execution is fairly recent.


Too Much Bickering
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Google: Trump cracker wine to find plenty of examples of that quote, including video clips of him saying it.

When asked if he has ever asked God for forgiveness, he said: "I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so" and "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

Since forgiveness for our sins is the very central message of the Gospel, it means Trump really has no clue what the gospel is REALLY about. In religion as well as politics, he thinks he alone can fix everything all by himself without any outside help from anyone else. Jesus isn't Trump's God. Trump is.


More Finish It Here June 2017
  
john9346:

You wrote: I asked you to provide the def prior and you couldn't.

I admitted that I couldn't, so I asked you to provide yours, but instead of simply stating it, you direct me to another blog (which I couldn't find). You waste much more blog time arguing the issue than simply stating your position. It is illogical to debate you on a position when I don't even know exactly what your position is (since you keep telling me that my belief of what your position is incorrect, but you won't tell me what is wrong about it).


Too Much Bickering
  
john9346:

You wrote: Simple, here you state that the Early Christians didn't have "Scripture."

No, I didn't say that. Read what I ACTUALLY wrote. I said, "The early Christians didn't have CHRISTIAN scripture, because that didn't exist yet" - which it didn't. They only had JEWISH scripture at that time. My statements have been consistent. You have just been misreading them, and drawing wrong conclusions from them.

Sir, this is Patently False Polycarp, Justin Martyr, Ignatius, Irenaeus, Turtullian etc. witness against you...

I was speaking specifically of Christians in Acts and in the NT period.


Greatest Threat To The World
  
Mark_Eaton:

1. Who knows? It appears to be a happy equilibrium that rising temperatures jeopardize., and many species are being endangered or going extinct as a result. It will likely reach another equilibrium - one that will not be to our liking, as it will be less hospitable to humans (if at all).

2. Whether humans are causing global warming or not is irrelevant to whether or not it is happening. It's a bad thing, and we need to do whatever we can to slow it down before the changes are irreversable.


Haz27:

There is a natural balance of carbon in the atmosphere - animals put it into the atmosphere, and plants take it out. However, burning fossil fuels adds to it without taking it back out, altering the balance.


Too Much Bickering
  
john9346:

You wrote: See below statements that you now are contradicting:

How is what I am saying now contradicting any of those? I have always maintained, and the three examples you just quoted demonstrate this, that "the scriptures" during Apostolic times were the OT Jewish scriptures alone - what we now call the Christian New Testament either did not exist yet, or was only just being written a bit at a time, and was not yet considered "scripture" until much later. For example, the gospels weren't written until long after Paul's letters.


Too Much Bickering
  
Haz27:

As you always harp on them, no need for me to do so too. Isn't it equally disappointing that you ignore the sins of the right?

Who needs fake news when lies come from president's mouth? "No president in history has been treated as badly as I have", etc. He frequently uses superlative "Never in history" rhetoric, plain to anyone who has seen those very things in their own lifetimes.

Those who cry "foul" when the Left gives Trump a hard time did the same to Obama.

ONE crazy gun-waving leftist shot a Republican politician who sponsored a bill allowing crazy people to own guns, and voted to cut health care for pre-existing conditions (like mental illness). The irony is palpable.


Greatest Threat To The World
  
Haz27:

Parts of the Antarctic ice caps are cracking off and falling into the ocean. Parts of Greenland are visible that were never visible before. How is global warming a lie?

Reducing reliance on fossil fuels is not "caving to totalitarian rule". It's good stewardship of our planet, and since God has given us stewardship over it, it behooves us to not foul our own yard. Wind and sun are renewable. Oil, coal, and gas are not, and will eventually run out. Why do multinational energy companies fight renewables tooth and nail? Solely for their own profit margins. But Republicans favor corporations over people, so it's not surprising they oppose this as well. Corporations are false idols.


Too Much Bickering
  
Haz27:

NurseRobert said: Obey is different that following. It also goes with Jude 1:3. You are greatly encouraged to do these things, NOT commanded.

You said: Whilst it's good to see you trying to quote scripture, the fact is Jude 3 does not say what you quoted above.

Jude 1:3 contains: (I) exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

He says exhort, not command, so it does agree with what NurseRobert said.


Too Much Bickering
  
john9346:

The early Christians didn't have Christian scripture, because that didn't exist yet - yet they still believed. They didn't have a complex coherent trinitarian theology. Their faith was simple. The same holds for many Christians over the ages who heard preaching, but who themselves were illiterate or who did not have access to bibles and study aids.


Haz27:

You wrote: Exactly the Left's tactics.

Really? Eric Trump said people who criticize his father "aren't really people". Is he a leftist? I guess he doesn't care for the First Amendment any more than his father does.


Greatest Threat To The World
  
Jerry6593:

You wrote: What is the greatest threat to civilization today - Global Warming or Islam?

A toxic faith or political environment can make life difficult for humans for a while - e.g. Communism for 70 years, Islam for hundreds of years, Rome for a thousand years. A non-viable biosphere can make life impossible for millions of years. Which is worse in the long term?



Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.