ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

How To Rebuke Evil

Where I work there is much evil. How do I rebuke the evil there?

Join Our Christian Dating and Take The Demons Bible Quiz
 ---maryciocca on 8/14/06
     Helpful Blog Vote (14)

Reply to this BlogPost a New Blog



Trav:

You wrote: I.e. the Apostles state what Christ stated, who fulfilled the prophets. To their brethren Israel.

Yes, that was true, and I NEVER denied that it was true - but it was not the ONLY thing that was true. You totally ignored the other part, as you always seem to do.

For the second time: Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Yes, the Gospel was preached to Israel FIRST, as was prophesied. But AFTER that, it was ALSO preached to every other nation, because it's no longer ONLY just to Israel, it's to EVERYBODY.
---StrongAxe on 9/26/21


When discussing the New Covenant, I tend to trust those to whom it was entrusted to speak about it - i.e. the Apostles.
---StrongAxe on 9/25/21

I.e. the Apostles state what Christ stated, who fulfilled the prophets. To their brethren Israel.
Only two parties are prophesied and ever mentioned in OT or New Testament Covenant. For a servant reason. House of Israel and Judah. You choosing to ignore the words forever and everlasting does not make them disappear. Just makes you obvious.
Psa 105:10And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
Heb 8:8 I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
---Trav on 9/25/21


Trav:

You wrote: I prefer Truth declared by Prophets, Christ over suppositions.

Unsupported? When discussing the New Covenant, I tend to trust those to whom it was entrusted to speak about it - i.e. the Apostles. The Gospel and the New Covenant was available to ALL, regardless of race:

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Also Acts 18:4, 19:10, 19:17, 20:21, Romans 10:12, 1 Corinthians 1:24, Colossians 3:11
---StrongAxe on 9/25/21


.Biological descent is not a requirement of the New Covenant.
let's discuss it.
---StrongAxe on 9/24/21

I prefer Truth declared by Prophets, Christ over suppositions.
Truth is not punished. Your unsupported by prophets False is punished.
In an Ocean of Scripture written by Israel too Israel you grab a straw to float your false doctrines.

Lev 20:26And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.
Rom 9:5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
---Trav on 9/25/21


Trav:

I personally don't care. It just speaks to why you quote scriptures that may not apply to you.

If YOU "don't know", then by your own logic, YOU might not be a sheep either. Why doesn't this concern you?

I am not BIOLOGICALLY of Israel (that I know of). But that doesn't matter, because "In Christ, there is no male nor female, no Jew nor Greek". Biological descent is not a requirement of the New Covenant.

Blanket vague accusations are meaningless. You constantly condemn what you think I believe. Pick ONE specific subject that you take issue with, and let's discuss it.
---StrongAxe on 9/24/21




With regards to Romans 9, you admitted you aren't of Israel, so how is that relevant to you?
---StrongAxe on 9/23/21

I said I did not know.
What does it matter if I am or not? Truth is always relevant except to the hardened.
Youre the one that says you are not Israel. Therefore not a Sheep.
I believe you. I find no laws in your demoheart.
Truth matters. Only Truth. There is only one Truth. You dont see or believe Truth. You cant. Something I cannot fix. Nor would now.

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
---Trav on 9/24/21


That may gives you the ability to discern the difference between horses, cows, and dogs.
---StrongAxe on 9/23/21

I posted scripture. You must of seen
you in scripture. Love that word discern.
I have every right to discern. I am of full age. A scriptural meat eater. I discern for myself if it bites, barks, promotes political platforms of dogs its a woofy.

Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Mat 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
Mat 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
---Trav on 9/24/21


Trav:

That may gives you the ability to discern the difference between horses, cows, and dogs. That does not give you the RIGHT to call human beings dogs.

Once again, what possible justification do you have for calling ME a dog?

With regards to Romans 9, you admitted you aren't of Israel, so how is that relevant to you?

Matthew 7:
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: ...
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye
---StrongAxe on 9/23/21


I have every GOD given right to recognize any animal in the Kingdom of GOD for what it is.

No, YOU DO NOT.
---StrongAxe on 9/22/21

Ha. But, I do and always will. I spent most of my life around Ranches and Farms. Rode Bulls, Horses not dogs. It does not take Judge or Jury to identify a dog. Takes personal judgement not to hang with or listen to a dog. Sheep are much more pleasant to visit with. Sheep are blessed in scripture. Dogs, sometimes bite the scriptural hand that could feed them.
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites, to whom pertaineth the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises,
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, -
---Trav on 9/23/21


Trav:

You wrote: I have every GOD given right to recognize any animal in the Kingdom of GOD for what it is.

No, YOU DO NOT. Jesus said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged". Yet you totally ignore this, instead taking a power he alone possesses, and presume to pass judgment on others. By doing so, you bring judgment down upon yourself.

I have REPEATEDLY said that I find abortion tragic, and I have REPEATEDLY show alternatives that drastically lower the number of abortions, yet you have NEVER ONCE addressed these.

That I showed ways that reduce abortion yet you ignore them is very telling. It shows your objection is NOT based on saving lives, but rather in condemning the women who have them.
---StrongAxe on 9/22/21




Trav:
I do not presume to have any right do decide who is a dog. But guess what? NEITHER DO YOU.

I have been here for over 10 years. You haven't. So you aren't in any position to tell me what I was or was not able to put together then
---StrongAxe on 9/18/21

I have every GOD given right to recognize any animal in the Kingdom of GOD for what it is. Why the Bible instructs Sheep Christians to beware.
You dont claim to be a Sheep.
You proudly support by defense thereby promote abortion advocates, deviant sexual platforms. Vile Imposter.
A post below from 2009:
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, the evil way, the froward mouth, do I hate.
Proverbs 8:12-14
---Trav on 5/27/09
---Trav on 9/22/21


The first thing is to do good. When we do good that is a rebuke all on it's own. Second saying or putting down a person will gain you nothing.

Be kind and charitable to all.
---Samuelbb7 on 9/19/21


Trav:

I do not presume to have any right do decide who is a dog. But guess what? NEITHER DO YOU.

I have been here for over 10 years. You haven't. So you aren't in any position to tell me what I was or was not able to put together then. Yet more lies.

So who, exactly, does the Bible say "what is a dog"? Be specific.
---StrongAxe on 9/18/21


Trav
You wrote: Php 3:2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
---StrongAxe on 9/17/21

Mmmmm authority. Wisdom. You are a legend in your own mind. 10 years ago you couldnt put two sentences together succinctly. Now you are an authority to tell us what is a dog? Ha. Bark, yip, nip run. Its a dog.
You started this little game you cant win. Storms of low self esteem. You want to be the answer man. See, problem is we research the internet and know where you get most of your Yellow Dog propaganda and one sided history of a country you are a foreigner in. The Bible is the authorized guide to what is a dog, real simple. More than one meaning. We don't need you to explain. You hate that huh.
---Trav on 9/18/21


Trav:

You wrote: Php 3:2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
Lets see which arrives first at this table.


Yes, but remember that Jesus said, Judge not, lest ye be judged. Nobody gave you the authority (let alone the wisdom) to proclaim that someone else is a dog, or a "grievous wolf".

YOU are the one here who is constantly baring his teeth, attacking people, and accusing people. Look in the mirror.

When I argue with you, it is because I take issue with what you SAY. When you argue with me, you take issue with who and what I AM. These are personal attacks that have no business in any kind of reasoned discussion.
---StrongAxe on 9/17/21


Php 3:2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Lets see which arrives first at this table.
---Trav on 9/14/21

First place. This is a warning in scripture for Sheep. Good people laws in their heart and mind people. It doesnt offend Christian Sheep. Evil workers and the concision are mentioned too.

Act 20:29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
This was written 2000 yrs ago. Their still out there.
---Trav on 9/17/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Marketing


Trav:

Why do you keep calling people dogs, and why do you being that hateful rhetoric into yet another blog? It's also necroposting - posting to a blog that has been dead for quite a while (dead for 12 years, except for one comment, a month ago). Haven't you been spewing those insults in enough other blogs already, that you have to suddenly pick another one to start doing it again. Really?!
---StrongAxe on 9/14/21


I appreciate God for the work well done.
---AGIDA_E_STEPHEN on 8/23/21

For sure. Me too.

Php 3:2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Lets see which arrives first at this table.
---Trav on 9/14/21


I appreciate God for the work well done.
---AGIDA_E_STEPHEN on 8/23/21


It's not a matter of seeing but believing and if you have never experienced these powers don't search for them thank God you never have to.

If however you do,

Know This:
At first you think your hearing and seeing things and if correct you have to deal with them because they don't just go their there to oppress or possess and unless you command them to leave while they are present you won't expel them from your home if you don't deal with them active it's pointless praying to an empty room with no presence.

There are different strengths of them and different period times of fasting and prayer some instant some weeks you need to expel them but All go through the name of Jesus!
---Carla3939 on 3/27/09


Read These Insightful Articles About Life Insurance


Welcome to the Real World! The truth is that evil exists. I mean to say that it is real. Not someone doing evil. I mean someone wishing evil. And, sometimes, you may feel that no matter how much you pray and seek God, you know when you wake up in the night sweating with a terrible feeling over you that evil is real and is putting its evil torment upon you.

That is where we need to see the realness of God. Can He really overcome this real evil? I believe He can but will he? That's what I want to know. Don't just quote scripture. I want to see God defeat this real world evil that affects peoples' lives and their peace of mind and spirit.
---realWorld on 1/7/09


To Whosoever has an ear to hear?

SUBMIT yourself to God. By submitting to God you'll be resisting the evils of the devil and wherever you're at the devil will flee from you!!!!!!

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7).
---Shawn.M.T on 10/18/08


You cannot cast something out of a willing host. Nor can you change someone else. Prayer however, changes people. Pray for the unbelieving, and be an example of God's love, willing and ready to be used as God chooses.
---Katie on 9/6/08


By being a light in a dark place. A light is a passive force. It does not have to do or say anything. It is, by its very presence something that dispells darkness. Matthew 5:14, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."
---Bruce5656 on 10/14/07


Send a Free Musical Ecards Ecard


By living a life where the Love of God flows through us. A life says more than words. A life that those around watch, and see that there is something different about you, and they want what you have. Sometimes we get caught with our words, and then when we fall, they only laugh. I believe Love is the answer. Love even to the most ungodly in the workplace!
---kathr4453 on 8/17/06


Mimi, I've tried to figure out my thoughts on why I wrote what I did in regards to casting things out, and all I can say is that I used the wrong terminology. I do believe we can cast out demons in Jesus' name. I don't however think we should go around rebuking evil in our own strength. Hope that helps you understand where I'm coming from.
---Katie on 8/16/06


The place I work 150 employees/12 christians. A year ago there was only one. He lived a Godly life, off duty witnessed to me. This has kept going. Now people seek prayers for the sick, advice etc...from the 12 of us. Many have been witnessed too. I will live forever due to brave lifestyle of another. Preaching the gospel either in our words or our actions is I believe the greatest rebuke of evil.
---Linda32708 on 8/15/06


You rebuke any evil in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth! Evil has no power over Jesus' name!
---Susie on 8/15/06


Read These Insightful Articles About Make Money


Mimi, it was me who wrote that, Katie. Anyways, I guess my answer wasn't specific enough, I apologize for the confusion. I'm not referring to demonic possession, but rather demonic influence. I'll have to finish my statement tomorrow, I don't have time right now.
---Katie on 8/14/06


Maryclocca you wrote,"You cannot cast something out of a willing host." Therefore I want to ask you do you believe that the fortune telling girl Paul Cast the demonic spirit out of was willing? Also consider, If your statement is true then a Christian's power to cast out demons can be limited by demons. What do you think?
---mima on 8/14/06


A well known preacher just told a story that he went away for a weekend to hunt with 10 men who were unbelievers and cussed up a storm. He said the Lord told him that he would catch his elk and deer first and they would then turn to him and ask about this man's God. Today those men are 9 deacons and one is a Pastor. POINT IS: Pray for them, for the Lord to soften their heart. Let your light shine before men so that they may see your good works. Talk Jesus to them. When they cuss, you Praise the Lord.
---Donna9759 on 8/14/06


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.