ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Finish It Here October 2017

finish it here October 2017

Join Our Christian Penpals and Take The Relationships Quiz
 ---john9346 on 10/22/17
     Helpful Blog Vote (2)

Post a New Blog



AXE. Again you deflect. You constantly demonize Conservatives, but when facts are raised showing Leftists are far worse with their baby murder, etc, and that fellow Leftists (Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc) were genocidal tyrants, you deflect.

When are you finally going to realize that remaining silent about the far greater evils of your side of politics only discredits your position when you demonize Conservatives about the speck in their eye?

If ALL Christians used their vote against the Lefts abortion platform, then that abortion act would change as such a large voting block will influence politicians. Sadly, Christians loyal to the Left refuse to vote to protect unborn babies. Seems they forgot JCs command to love others.
---Haz27 on 11/1/17


To recap:

1. strongaxe and Loony1 have not been able to show us contextualization that the Holy Spirit is female or sexless.

2. Strongaxe stated that the Holy Spirit is female based on Ruach,however, Ruach isn't always "Feminine." attributing Feminine Qualities to a man doesn't make that man a woman this is logic...

3. Cluny states he knows Greek, but when ask to identify John The Apostle's Word Usage, "Ekinos." he couldn't.

4. strongaxe and Loony1 used Logical Inconsistent and Contradictory Arguments attempting to proove that the "Scriptures." cant be understood by all Christians.
---john9346 on 11/1/17


strongaxe ask, "How so?"

Sir, When the authors of "Scripture." wrote and used words referring to the Holy Spirit they exhausted the meaning. In other words, they left know ambiguity to whether God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit are male.

You and Loony1 are trying to make the authors words to be ambiguity.
If you have studied Hebrew as you state, you would understand that the Authors's Words were very very specific, Strongaxe, they were sure of what they stated...
---john9346 on 11/1/17


john9346:

Loony1 wrote: Grammatical gender does not necessarily point to biological gender.

You wrote: But it does to the authors inspired by the Holy Spirit of Scripture.

How so? The authors of scripture wrote in existing human languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek), and were bound by the rules of those languages. If a language's rules say (e.g.) the word for "tree" is feminine, you treat it as feminine, regardless of whether the tree is, in actuality, feminine. We write "scissors" and "pants" for single objects because English demands it. Hebrew writes dual "mayim" but English singular "water" for the same thing, because those languages demand that.
---StrongAxe on 11/1/17


In any case, the Holy Spirit is sexless, no matter the grammatical gender...
---Loony1 on 11/1/17




mark_eaton states, "Of these 89 times, 80 of them use the feminine pronouns along with the word."

Sir, as I asked strongaxe what is the context of these supposed usages of the Holy Spirit being feminine.

I'm sure you do know that the Context Usage is the determiner of how words are used...

Just because Feminine Attributes are attributed to a man doesn't make him a woman.
---john9346 on 10/31/17


What you say is true. Grammatical gender does not necessarily point to biological gender.
---Loony1 on 10/30/17

But it does to the authors inspired by the Holy Spirit of Scripture.

This is why John The Apostle pinned the word when writing concerning the Holy Spirit, "Ekinos."

Happy Reformation Day.
---john9346 on 10/31/17


Mark_eaton:

Not sure if you're aware, but Numbers 11:31 and Isaiah 57:16 the Blesses Holy Spirit is male.

Also, Yahweh, Adonai, and Elohim in Hebrew are masculine,therefore, if its true that the Holy Spirit is female then the Holy Spirit is not God because God in Hebrew and in Greek is masculine...

Yeshua, Kurios, and Theos are in Greek masculine.

God is Father not mother, God is a man of war not a woman of war, and God is not a man to lie not God is not a woman to lie, God himself in revelation never reveals, "Himself." feminine nor woman.

Again, attributing femininity to a man doesn't make him a man.

The Hebrew Language is very descriptive which encompasses comparisons.
---john9346 on 10/31/17


Haz27:

You keep talking about baby murder. Why don't you create a blog topic specifically for that purpose, instead of injecting into every other blog you're on?

"Hitler was from the same side of politics as Hillary" is meaningless. "Hitler was a leftist. Hitler was evil. Hillary is a leftist. Therefore, Hillary is evil." is just as illogical as "Apples are red. Apples are fruit. Roses are red. Therefore, roses are fruit." Please learn elementary logic.

Legality of abortion is based on a Supreme Court decision, and neither Congress nor President can change that, regardless of party, short of passing a constitutional amendment. Nobody has yet tried, because they know doing so would fail.
---StrongAxe on 11/1/17


context always bears out a Word Meaning this is universal in all languages.
---john9346 on 10/30/17

In the Hebrew OT, "ruach" is used 89 times with the specific meaning of the Holy Spirit.

Of these 89 times, 80 of them use the feminine pronouns along with the word.

I certainly think this means we can refer to the Holy Spirit as feminine. Jesus referred to the helper as masculine. Some other passages, refer to the Holy Spirit as neuter.

I know within our God (F,S,HS) is contained both masculine and feminine.
---Mark_Eaton on 10/31/17




AXE. It was me who said I confront Leftists with facts, which you dont like to hear.

Facts such as Hitler was from the same side of politics as Hillary.
And the genocide of unborn babies is approx 3000 per day in USA. The DEMs Leftist abortion platform is a bigger killer than Hitlers was.

It speaks volumes that you remain conveniently silent about the baby slaughter platform of your Leftist comrades, when you obsess over the slightest speck in the eye of Conservatives.
---Haz27 on 10/31/17


ObamasBoy:

I wrote: I'm also sure that cancer kills more people than Hillary Clinton!
You wrote: There's probably a narrower margin than you think.

Cancer mortality is 171.2 per 100,000 per year, which translates to around 10 million a year. Unless you can convince me that EVERY YEAR Hillary kills as many people as Hitler did in his entire lifetime, that statement is not even remotely close to being true, and you know it.

Elsewhere you wrote: AXE. I confront Leftists with facts, which you do not like to hear.

Veiled accusations of genocide? Your snipe was not a fact, but vicious slander.

"ObamasBoy"? Obama would be ashamed.
---StrongAxe on 10/31/17


It looks as if Christianblogs has an uncertain future, with so few people participating...
---Loony1 on 10/30/17


"I'm also sure that cancer kills more people than Hillary Clinton! :)
---StrongAxe on 10/30/17


There's probably a narrower margin than you think.
---ObamasBoy on 10/30/17


Cluny

What you say is true. Grammatical gender does not necessarily point to biological gender. For instance, the word for child in German, Das Kind, is neuter.
---Loony1 on 10/30/17


cluny states, "Agio Pnevmati is neuter in Greek. But gramattical gender does not always match real life gender."

Cluny, sir, John The Apostle uses the Greek Word,"Ekinos."
Sir, do you know this usage isn't Gender Neutral?
---john9346 on 10/30/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Rehab Treatments


Cluny and strongaxe,

Ruach in Hebrew is not always "Feminine."

As stated to Strongaxe through out this dialog and else where context always bears out a Word Meaning this is universal in all languages.
---john9346 on 10/30/17


strongaxe states, "(Also, group 2 is precisely the people who ask to be saved - those who know they need it.)"

Sir, the ones who ask to be save are the "Elect." the Non-elect have no interest.

Sinners love their sin this is why unless God chooses to be merciful they will follow their sin to destruction...
---john9346 on 10/30/17


strongaxe,

I notice you didn't answer the question regarding 2 Peter 1.
---john9346 on 10/30/17


ObamasBoy:

"The X word" (whatever 'X' is) is typically a euphemism for any word that starts with X, but that is somehow too taboo to say in polite company. Cancer is still scary and something people are not comfortable talking about, but things are getting better, both in terms of treatment, and also public perception. I myself had leukemia 3 years ago, and fortunately for me, the experience was more annoying than scary. I now spit in cancer's face with contempt. "Is that all you've got?".

I'm also sure that cancer kills more people than Hillary Clinton! :)
---StrongAxe on 10/30/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Stocks


\\'d also like to ask strongaxe this question since he's arguing that the Holy Spirit is female?\\

Agio Pnevmati is neuter in Greek. But gramattical gender does not always match real life gender.

The gender of RUACH in Hebrew is feminine--but so what?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/30/17


I've been hearing about a documentary film produced by Morgan Freeman called The "C" Word. Just watched it. As it turns out, the "C word" refers to cancer, not Hillary Clinton.
---ObamasBoy on 10/30/17


john9346:

I've studied Hebrew but I've never formally studied Greek, so I don't know enough to answer your question with any degree of rigor.

I have not argued the Holy Spirit is female, just that Hebrew word used is feminine. Hebrew is a language that uses grammatical gender, so agreement MUST be to the grammatical gender of a noun, regardless of a thing's actual gender - so you can't infer actual gender from grammatical gender. There are other languages like this. For example, in German, you MUST say, "How is the girl? IT is pretty. How is the table? HE is square". English, on the other hand, uses actual gender.

(Also, group 2 is precisely the people who ask to be saved - those who know they need it.)
---StrongAxe on 10/30/17


John9346

That's fine with me. God bless you.
---Loony1 on 10/29/17


Locate Christian Jobs


loony1 states, "Fair enough. We have each made our points and we can leave it at that."

To correct you, I am just allowing the Author of Hebrews to state his point, I do not seek to tell, "Scripture." what it means I allow, "Scripture." to tell me what it means...
---john9346 on 10/29/17


cluny said, "I know Greek, yes. It does not follow that I have the Greek NT or LXX memorized."

But if you know Greek and follow the rules then John The Apostles when referring to the Holy Spirit uses a word in Greek that is exhaustive and specific to the gender of the Holy Spirit do you know what that word is in Jn 14, 15, 16?

I'd also like to ask strongaxe this question since he's arguing that the Holy Spirit is female?

Gentlemen,

what is that word?
---john9346 on 10/29/17


This is an epistomological argument. People can be divided into three categories:

1) The fortunate. Those who are saved (or sane, or whatever criterion you choose) and know it.
2) The unfortunate. Those who are unsaved etc. and realize this.
3) The deluded. Those who are unsaved etc. but are sufficiently deluded to not realize this.
---StrongAxe on 8/10/17

Strongaxe,

You're incorrect about 2 and 3 because the reprobate has no concept nor does he or she even care if they're of the elect...

Sinners are dead people walking they're not trying to find God they hate God.

See, Eph 2:1-5 and Rom 3:10-18.

---john9346 on 10/29/17


nicole states, "We do have access
Unfortunately, people have REFUSED God's chosen form of interpretation for His children in His Son and His Bride the Catholic Church."

The Roman Catholic Church didn't exist until about the 12th-13th Century people knew, worshipped, and understood the Scriptures and were followers of Christ for many many centuries.

The Roman Catholic Church didn't define what it calls scripture until April of 1546 the bible again was known, read, and studied long before the 12th-13th century.
The Holy Scriptures is the only perfect sure communication of God on the earth today...
---john9346 on 10/29/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Diabetes


John9346

Fair enough. We have each made our points and we can leave it at that.
---Loony1 on 10/29/17


Cluny:

Biblegateway has 4 different versions of the Greek New Testament searchable online, and LXX is also available on the web.
---StrongAxe on 10/28/17


\\You have said you know Greek so tell us John adds 2 letters on to Spirit in ch 14, 15 and 16 do you know what that is?\\

I'm sure you are aware that Greek is an inflected language, similar to Latin, where the inflection shows the case and gender of the noun or pronoun.

I know Greek, yes. It does not follow that I have the Greek NT or LXX memorized.

Do you?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/28/17


I just discovered that the word 'Sabbath' means set apart and NOT Saturday.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/28/17

The day set apart was the 7th day. That 7th day , first spoken in Genesis pointed to Jesus Christ, death and resurrection...AKA THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST. All that is explained in Hebrews 3 and 4. Today Jesus Christ IS OUR REST, as we too, those IN CHRIST have been set apart, aka sanctified, or Saint....also meaning set apart.
---kathr4453 on 10/28/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Depression


Loony1,

vs 2-3 sets the tone for vs 12 that is speaking of the "Scriptures."

The author inspired by the Holy Spirit emphasize more of vs 2-3 in vs 12.

Not sure if you're aware but when you read verses in chapters you read from the beginning to that verse and then after to obtain context...
---john9346 on 10/28/17


strongaxe ask, "Please show which SPECIFIC verse from 2 Peter 1 tells how WE can be totally assured of correct interpretation of scripture. I couldn't find any."

strongaxe, 2 Pet 1 interprets itself is what I am stating.

example,

strongaxe, when you read from 2 Pet 1 ask the question what is the context?

strongaxe, what is Peter inspired of the Holy Spirit's Point?
---john9346 on 10/28/17


strongaxe states, "The fact that there are so many denominations demonstrates that the vast majority of Christians on this planet cannot agree."

Sir, this is ilLogical and Logically Inconsistent.

There are many Christians that do agree and are unified on the "Scriptures."

There are also many denominations that are in 1 singgle unified faith.

This is like saying all Football Players are Wife Beaters and Child Abusers because 4 of them beat their wives and kids last night so therefore all football players are Wife Beaters and child abusers. Do you see the illogical and the inconsistency? Your actually using the law of contradiction.
---john9346 on 10/28/17


strongaxe states, "That is not sufficient. The difference between heresy and orthodoxy is not what scripture SAYS (since both generally agree), but on what it MEANS."

Well,

You are now in direct contradiction because the authors guided by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit stated their statements and their meanings and defined heresy and orthodox...

strongaxe states, "Still, 2 of 377 occurrences still means "almost always", and neither of those refers to the Holy Spirit."

And sir did you read any of the usages in context??
The Holy Spirit is God (Elohim) Elohim is masculine
---john9346 on 10/28/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Study


The origin of the Hebrew sabbat is uncertain, but it seems to have derived from the verb sabat, meaning to stop, to cease, or to keep. Its theological meaning is rooted in God's rest following the six days of creation (Gen 2:2-3). The Greek noun sabbat [savbbaton] translates the Hebrew noun sabbat. The noun form is used primarily to denote the seventh day of the week, though it may occasionally refer to the Sabbath week (Lev 23:15-16) at the end of every seven Sabbaths or fifty days, or the Sabbath year (Lev 25:1-7) in which the land was to be at complete rest.
---Loony1 on 10/28/17


I just discovered that the word 'Sabbath' means set apart and NOT Saturday.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/28/17


Ephesians 4 is an important start, If the purpose is NOT to be tossed about by every wind of doctrine.

Second, Test the spirits to know what is truth.

Third, important ...all thruths come in 2 -3's. So if you can't back it up with witness scriptures, leave it alone.

Those Johnny one notes are what get most in trouble. Also ask, WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE HOW WHAT, OF EACH VERSE.
But without obedience to Romans 12:1-2, people wil only follow others and NOT hear or KNOW the truth.

Remember the Holy Spirit is our teacher.
---kathr4453 on 10/28/17


John9346

Verse 13 refers to the logos in verse 12 as "He." So it seems to be referring to Jesus, and not the scriptures.

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Hebrews 4:12-13
---Loony1 on 10/27/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Verses


john9346:

Please show which SPECIFIC verse from 2 Peter 1 tells how WE can be totally assured of correct interpretation of scripture. I couldn't find any.

The fact that there are so many denominations demonstrates that the vast majority of Christians on this planet cannot agree - which means that EVEN IF there were some unambiguous way to interpret scripture, the vast majority of Christians haven't found it.
---StrongAxe on 10/27/17


strongaxe ask, "Can you cite any scripture that actually says this?"

Yes, lets start with the verse you raised 2 Pet 1 read from vs 1 until 22 Peter under the guideance of the Holy Spirit explains his point and meaning.

strongaxe states, "It DOES say that no prophecy is of any private interpretation, but that doesn't give any clue as to what the proper interpretation IS."

Read the chapter vs 1to 22 Peter inspired of the Holy Spiritstates his point and meaning.

Reading the ch in context is exegesis
---john9346 on 10/27/17


strongaxe states, "The very fact that there are so many Christian denominations who sincerely believe their interpretations are incorrect demonstrates this."

Sir, you know this is a Logical Fallacy your making right?

You are blending The Sinful Nature of man with God who is Holy and Is Perfect in his ability to communicate.

Your attempting to argue misdirected intents and result with actuality this my friend is illogical...
---john9346 on 10/27/17


Loony1,

Tell us,

does the context of Heb 4 support your statement sir?

Also, what is the author of Heb 4 subject and whose his objective?
---john9346 on 10/27/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Arthritis


John9346

There doesn't even seem to be agreement on what the essentials are.
---Loony1 on 10/27/17


God is not some emotional woman who speaks in some sort of ambiguous code, saying something other than what she means and then expecting her husband to figure out what she means.

God is direct. God says what He means and means what He says. If people would just start taking the Bible for what it says instead of trying to assign some hidden meaning to scriptures as if the Bible is a wife who says something other than what she means then the Bible is very easy and plain to understand. But if you are constantly trying to interpret what it is saying, then anyone can misconstrue it. Stop doing that. Just believe what it says and nothing more.
---ObamasBoy on 10/27/17


loony1 said, "If the scriptures were so easily interpreted, then I would think that Christians would be in agreement regarding all its meanings."

What's your definition of "All Its Meanings."

You see, in Christianity there are, "Essentials." and "Nonessentials." All Christians are unified on the essentials of the faith.

We must understand that mankind is blinded by sin and doesn't seek to know or love God's Holy Scripture...The issue is fallen sinful men and women not God and what he commands in his word...
---john9346 on 10/26/17


John9346

The word for "word" in Hebrews 4:12 is Logos. It is speaking of Jesus, the Word made flesh, not of the scriptures.
---Loony1 on 10/26/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Asthma


john9346:

You wrote: Strongaxe, the "Scriptures." themselves provide their own "Proper Interpretation."

Can you cite any scripture that actually says this?

It DOES say that no prophecy is of any private interpretation, but that doesn't give any clue as to what the proper interpretation IS.

Heb 4:12

Again, it says what the word IS, but doesn't tell you how to interpret it. The very fact that there are so many Christian denominations who sincerely believe their interpretations are incorrect demonstrates this.

Exegesis means extracting meaning from a text, but that is an imperfect process.
---StrongAxe on 10/26/17


strongaxe states, "No, that's circular reasoning. We have access to God's WORDS, but not THE PROPER INTERPRATION of those words."

Strongaxe, the "Scriptures." themselves provide their own "Proper Interpretation."

The duty of Christians is to understand the meaning of the Words of Scripture not to assign those meanings (Eisegesis)

God states the following about his word:

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb 4:12
---john9346 on 10/26/17


strongaxe states, "The manuscripts tell us what the words SAY, but not what they MEAN."

Sir, this is preservation, preservation has nothing to do with exegesis.

Remember don't confuse the categories as you do in thinking "Sola Scriptura." and canonicity are the same thing.

Preservation and exegesis aren't the same thing my friend...
---john9346 on 10/26/17


strongaxe ask, "There are people who honestly believe, but later lose their faith. How would you classify them?"

Sir, the Lord Jesus Christ answers your question in see Jn 6:37-39, 10:27-2.9

"
Which is it? Or maybe they still do have everlasting life, just don't know it?"

Sir, listen to the words of the Lord Jesus Christ he answers your question Jn 6:37-39, 10:27-29.

This is an example of what I am saying the "Scriptures." tell you what they mean just listen to them ok??
---john9346 on 10/26/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Cholesterol


ObamasBoy:

You wrote: The scriptures are easily interpreted. The problem is that they are also easily misconstrued.

Exactly! This is why there is no guaranteed, sure-fire, unambiguous way of interpreting scripture accurately. Some people insist they do it correctly, and others with a different interpretation insist THEY do it correctly, and unfortunately, God does not come down from heaven to tell us which one of these is right (if, in fact, either one is).
---StrongAxe on 10/26/17


The scriptures are easily interpreted. The problem is that they are also easily misconstrued.
---ObamasBoy on 10/26/17


If the scriptures were so easily interpreted, then I would think that Christians would be in agreement regarding all its meanings. But they are not. So there are 20,000 or more denominations...
---Loony1 on 10/25/17


john9346:

Thanks.

No, that's circular reasoning. We have access to God's WORDS, but not THE PROPER INTERPRATION of those words. The manuscripts tell us what the words SAY, but not what they MEAN. THAT interpretation is up to US to figure out. The fact that scripture is inerrant does not in any way guarantee that OUR interpretation of them is inerrant.

That is irrelevant. Jesus said "he who believes HAS everlasting life". There are people who honestly believe, but later lose their faith. How would you classify them? If they WERE elect, their life was not everlasting. If they weren't, that contradicts these very words of Jesus. Which is it? Or maybe they still do have everlasting life, just don't know it?
---StrongAxe on 10/26/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Lasik Surgery


StrongAxe: Unfortunately, we don't have direct access to God's interpretation//

We do have access

Unfortunately, people have REFUSED God's chosen form of interpretation for His children in His Son and His Bride the Catholic Church.

She has passed through all generation with all it's scrutiny as gold through fire because God is with Her.

//There are millions of Christians all over the world who have different ideas of how scripture should be interpreted,//

Due to disobedience.

//and God has yet to speak from heaven to say which is right.//

Yes He has, but the million REFUSE to listen to Him.
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/26/17


By God...
strongaxe:

I hope you get better my friend...

Do tell Brendan I said hello
---john9346 on 10/25/17


strongaxe states, "Unfortunately, we don't have direct access to God's interpretation."

Incorrect, the "Scriptures." are God's Direct Access of Interpretation...

Remember Paul writing by the Holy Spirit stated that the "Scriptures." are, "Theopneustos."

See, 2 Tim 3:16
---john9346 on 10/25/17


strongaxe said, "Lk 13:1-5 says if you don't repent you perish. It doesn't say if you repent you're elect."

Strongaxe, only the "Elect." will repent.

Strongaxe ask, "Jn 5:24 is problematic. What if someone who believes, but later loses his faith?"

The elect will never lose his or her faith my friend...

continue reading Jn 10:

28 And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all, and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
---john9346 on 10/25/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Bullion


loony1 said, "You're being evasive. But I understand... (:"

Please explain how am I being evasive?
---john9346 on 10/25/17


John9346

You're being evasive. But I understand... (:
---Loony1 on 10/25/17


john9346:

Thanks for asking. Both he and Cluny are plodding along. I've been a bit under the weather the past two days, but seem to be getting better today.

By God...

Unfortunately, we don't have direct access to God's interpretation. There are millions of Christians all over the world who have different ideas of how scripture should be interpreted, and God has yet to speak from heaven to say which is right.

Lk 13:1-5 says if you don't repent you perish. It doesn't say if you repent you're elect.

Jn 5:24 is problematic. What if someone who believes, but later loses his faith? When he first believed, he had everlasting life, but if he loses it later, it wasn't really everlasting, was it?
---StrongAxe on 10/25/17


Hello strongaxe,

Before addressing your response I am just wondering first how are you doing and how is Brendan and his health?

While you and I certainly do not agree,however, I do appreciate the logical, philosophical, and interlectual Dialog you bring to our dialog/discussion and sometimes debates...

May it all be well,

John
---john9346 on 10/25/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Menopause


cluny ask, "For our strict Calvinist friends:
How do you know you're among the elect?"

See, Lk 13:1-5, and Jn 5:24, Jn 6:37-45.
---john9346 on 10/25/17


loony1 ask, "The scriptures, interpreted by whom?"

By God...
---john9346 on 10/25/17


John9324

The scriptures, interpreted by whom?
---Loony1 on 10/24/17


john9346:

That is not sufficient. The difference between heresy and orthodoxy is not what scripture SAYS (since both generally agree), but on what it MEANS. You can read what scripture SAYS in black and white, but its interpretation is reading between the lines, and thus subjective.

(Ruach) in Num 11:31 and in Isa 57:16 Ruach is "Masculine."

I didn't know that. Still, 2 of 377 occurrences still means "almost always", and neither of those refers to the Holy Spirit. The Bible is full of slight spelling irregularities, due to slight imperfections in copying manuscripts (e.g. in Hebrew, guttrals and resh never take a dagesh, but the Bible includes a rare few examples of that.)
---StrongAxe on 10/25/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Penpals


loony1 ask, "John9346, who decides what is heresy and what is orthodoxy?"

"The Scriptures." my friend "The Scriptures."

---john9346 on 10/24/17


Bill:

you wrote:

"So, even if He is not really male nor female, He is not impersonal or inanimate."

But the Lord Jesus Christ told us all the Holy Spirit is male in Jn 14, 15, and 16.

God didn't leave us wondering he all ready told us.

Gal 3:28 is reffering to how salvation is for male and female it doesn't mean we don't have gender in Christ.
---john9346 on 10/24/17


I would say that what matters the most is the Holy Spirit is personal . . . the Spirit of God's own love > Romans 5:5. So, even if He is not really male nor female, He is not impersonal or inanimate.

In Jesus we are "neither male nor female" (Galatians 3:28), but in God's love we are personal.
---Bill on 10/23/17


John9346

I have no argument with that at all.
---Loony1 on 10/23/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Accounting


Loony1,

The usage of Ruach is used to describe the action not necessarily the person.

Example, if I said you play football like a girl am I calling you a girl no i'm saying your actions could be classified in the feminine, but your still a man.
---john9346 on 10/23/17


Here's what I found out about Ruach:

The word ruach in Genesis 1:2 is not necessarily best translated "Spirit." It also might be translated as "breath" or "wind." Moreover ruach is not always feminine in gender in the Hebrew Bible, for instance, in Numbers 11:31, it is masculine (as elsewhere, e.g., Isaiah 57:16). In other words, the gender for the word ruach seems to shift, and some grammars therefore call ruach a "common gender," by which it means it can take either a masculine or feminine verb, even though Hebrew does not have a "neuter" gender as Greek does.
---Loony1 on 10/23/17


cluny states, "Actually, in Greek, Holy Spirit/Ghose is NEUTER."

That is until?

You have said you know Greek so tell us John adds 2 letters on to Spirit in ch 14, 15 and 16 do you know what that is?

One who knows Greek knows this rule.

If the "Blesses Holy Spirit." is female then John would have added what letter?

If neither male nor female John The Apostle would have added this singgle letter can you tell us??
---john9346 on 10/23/17


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.