ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

No Jail Time Bergdahl

What do you think about Bergdahl deserter not getting any jail time?

Join Our Free Dating and Take The War Bible Quiz
 ---Nicole_Lacey on 11/7/17
     Helpful Blog Vote (5)

Post a New Blog



Haz27, no one is discussing Australia leftys. Here in the USA, the ALT RIGHT ..a new breed is not only racist but has also defiled Christianity. When we see even Christianity now distorted by a NEW BREED ..the ALT RIGHT defenders of pediofile behavior, saying Joseph forced Mary into his crotch and it's ok.....is SICK SICK SICK.

If you like this new ALT RIGHT MENTALITY also defiling Christianity...it's all yours Haz27. I want nothing to do with it.
---kathr4453 on 11/19/17


Haz27:

Republican Governor Lepage of Maine recently said blacks and Hispanics are the enemy - a conservative condemning himself out of his own mouth.

Stop CONSTANTLY using pejorative terms like "genocidal". It doesn't prove anything, and just makes you look like a raving lunatic who is incapable of rational discussion.

I disagree with most things ObamasBoy says, but he's capable of civil discussion. I have yet to see you discuss civilly, even on a "let's be polite to one another" blog.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot were genocidal. The left, by and large, is not. The Republicans are doing everything in their power to take away health care from tens of millions of (which IS genocidal).
---StrongAxe on 11/19/17


Haz27, I suggest you repent and only care what God thinks.
Isaiah 10:1-4

10 Woe to unjust judges and to those who issue unfair laws, says the Lord, 2 so that there is no justice for the poor, the widows, and orphans. Yes, it is true that they even rob the widows and fatherless children.

3 Oh, what will you do when I visit you in that day when I send desolation upon you from a distant land? To whom will you turn then for your help? Where will your treasures be safe? 4 I will not help you, you will stumble along as prisoners or lie among the slain. And even then my anger will not be satisfied, but my fist will still be poised to strike you.
---kathr4453 on 11/19/17


KATHR. It's the Left who are racists. I suggest you stop peddling Left's racism.

When Communists tried to take over Europe long ago they failed, blaming growing prosperity of working class under capitalism, and church and family.
Since then they've infiltrated media, Hollywood, universities, politics, even some churches, using them to undermine capitalism, church, family. The book by CIA member titled, "The Naked Communist" lists out these goals they found at Communist meetings.

AXE. You've only offered Left's discredited lies against conservatives.
The Left always project THEIR racism, NAZISM, hate, etc onto conservatives. It's the Big Lie tactic, as used by Socialist Lefty Hitler, to deceive the naive.
---Haz27 on 11/19/17


AXE. The genocidal Left today are little different to their genocidal forefathers, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot.

Approx 3000 babies slaughtered per day in USA these days (thanks to the Left) sounds even worse than Left's genocidal forefathers.

The Left have always been the side of politics that stands for racism, hate, bigotry, totalitarianism, genocide, etc.

It's time you get Red pilled back to reality.
---Haz27 on 11/19/17




Obamaboy, I disagree with your THINKING you were calling out, just to disagree. It's like a man grabbing a woman, and saying Look, here is what molestation is and looks like that I'm against. Don't do what I just did.

That's how I read your post Obamasboy....and WHY you took your online name here. You WANTED TO MOCK OBAMA. As Christians we should NEVER MOCK ANYONE. It's distasteful.
---kathr4453 on 11/19/17


Jerry6593:

Apparently, you don't understand how the law here works.

Any actions Obama took while president were not subject to normal legal action. If he committed "high crimes and misdemeanors", Congress could vote to impeach him and remove him from office - which they did not do. Once out of office, he can't be tried for those.

Bergdahl, as he was in the military, is covered by the UCMJ, which prescribes the death penalty for desertion during a time of declared war - but the last declared war was WWII.

You have an opinion about Bergdahl, but you don't have all the facts. A judge, whose job it is to know these things, DOES have them, and HE decided Bergdahl does NOT deserve hanging.
---StrongAxe on 11/18/17


Kathr, you give yourself too much credit. I assure you Jerry and I are two different people. I hardly even know much of Jerry at all, although I do know I disagree with him quite a bit in matters of theology.

As far as your other comments, perhaps I think you should be booted for your racism. My comments were calling out and condemning racism, not promoting as you do.
---ObamasBoy on 11/18/17


Jerry NOW you show up congratulating yourself ...TOO OBVIOUS. How pathetic is this.

Give yourself a hand Jerry....but only YOU believe your own duplicity here.
---kathr4453 on 11/18/17


Haz27:

No, you just claimed it. I proved how they are clearly on the right, based on their positions. White supremacists in the southern U.S. today are extremely right wing, tea party voters. German Nazis were were not socialists - rather than caring for their less able citizens (the sick and infirm), they tossed them into the gas chambers. That is a very right-wing attitude, not at all a left-wing one.

Totalitarianism can come from both left and right. In C. S. Lewis's The Pilgrim's Regress, the world had a temperate zone in the middle, with totally inhospitable frozen northern wastes (right) and burning southern desert (left) - with a land bridge connecting the two. This is because both extreme left and extreme right are toxic.
---StrongAxe on 11/17/17




Obama's Boy: Thanks for that explanation. I wondered how an Obama supporter could write the way you did. Keep up the good work.

IMHO, Bergdahl deserves the time-honored penalty for treason - hanging. The same might be said for his traitorous muslim accomplice, B. Hussein Obama.


---Jerry6593 on 11/18/17


Haz27, Henry Ford a REPUBLICAN was a horrible capitalist, actually hiring Ford THUGS to shoot anyone who would strike his low ...the lowest paying...before he offered a $5 a day work day, in place of a union, STILL had thugs shoot to kill workers. Ford also anti-Semitic writings were well known, and had a great influence on Hitler. So you see, there are all kinds of Capitalism and Fords Republican brand was and still is today HORRIBLE. I sure hope Trumps brand of Capitalism is not the same brand. When Wisconsin did away win the Labor Union for Teachers, it all went SOUTH. Low wages, etc.
---kathr4453 on 11/18/17


Obamasboy's post here is filled with propaganda and intentional hate mongering .Just more propaganda crap to keep the hate flowing. Your pity party is so bla bla bla....continuing racism at its core. Your soapbox speech here is so RACIST ...... And WHY you picked your CN name AGAIN FOR RACIST MEANS.

There are plenty of Black contributors here on CN, and only a couple here post garbage like this trying to CAUSE RACISM here online. When I stated even OJ trial was disappointment for many folks, BECAUSE IT WAS ANOTHER HIGH PROFILE CASE....here comes Nicole playing the race card. it's you guys who are the racists always seeing RACE even in an innocent Thanksgiving recipe.

We're suppose to be here discussing the Lord.
---kathr4453 on 11/18/17


And Obamasboy, NOW that you have exposed yourself AND why you are on CN.....my vote is to throw you off.

We don't need racist people on a Christian Blog continuing a racist dialogue to incite arguments and divisions.
---kathr4453 on 11/18/17


StromgAxe, I'm glad you asked. The name I chose is meant to poke fun at ignorant racists who assume that because I am a 35 year old black man that I worship at the feet of the black Messiah. I encounter these racists almost exclusively in liberal circles. I have even been called a traitor by white and black Democrats who disapprove of my free and individual thinking. In keeping with the history of the Democrat party, they still think they own all black people and it angers them when we make our own choices. When racists see me, they like to profile me and assume I am an Obama's boy. The "boy" part meant to poke fun at the way Democrats like to call grown adult black men "boy".
---ObamasBoy on 11/17/17


Haz, whether one is to the left or right of the political spectrum depends on how one draws the political charts.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/17/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Asthma


MONK. I've verified previously under various topics how NAZI's & KKK are clearly of the Left.

The view you've been misled into believing are merely lies from Leftist revisionists.

The KKK has always been DEMs. The supposed "Big Switch" where the DEMs KKK Dixiecrats allegedly swapped to REPs was a lie as all but ONE (Strom Thurmond) Dixiecrat STAYED WITH DEMs. DEMs President LBJ, after civil rights act, said his DEMs "will have them Ni**ers voting DEMs for for 200 years".

NAZI = SOCIALIST German Workers Party. Hitler was Socialist, arguing that his Leftistism required the hate of Jews, who he saw as the embodiment of the Capitalism he so despised.

Totalitarianism also is Left.
---Haz27 on 11/17/17


Strongaxe said, "Not always. Communism is on the left, and Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot were communists..."

Strongaxe, I agree and understand. What I was pointing out to someone who is constantly screaming about the LEFT, is that some of the people she is screaming at are on the Right of the political spectrum.

The difference between Nazis and Soviets are difficult to see, but it is because that political spectrum curves around into the circle, and the Nazis end up being just as bad (if not worse) that the Soviets
---Monk_Brendan on 11/17/17


Monk_Brendan:

You wrote: You seem to think that violence and destruction, shutting down civil rights, etc. are all leftist ideas. Not so! They all came from the RIGHT side of the political spectrum, and not the left.

Not always. Communism is on the left, and Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot were communists. But evil is universal - it is not an exclusive property of either right or left. Attempting to paint one side as the sole repository of evil allows one to be deceived, and blind to half the evil in the world.
---StrongAxe on 11/17/17


Haz27 said, The Left projects to deceive.
The KKK are ONLY of DEMs, yet brainwashed Leftists project them on to REPs.
NAZI is ONLY of Left, yet brainwashed Leftists project them on to Conservatives.
The Lefty Hitler used the BIG LIE tactic, and Leftists today are no different.


Wow! So many inaccuracies. The Klan is farther to the Right than the John Birch Society. So were Hitler and the Nazis

You seem to think that violence and destruction, shutting down civil rights, etc. are all leftist ideas. Not so! They all came from the RIGHT side of the political spectrum, and not the left.
---Monk_Brendan on 11/17/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Cholesterol


Obamaboy = Jerry
---NurseRobert on 11/17/17


ObamasBoy:

Ok, I'll rephrase. Why do you take Obama's name if you hold such a negative opinion of him?

What would you think of someone who chose a nickname of SatansBoy or StalinsBoy or MansonsBoy or something else named after someone of whom you disapproved?
---StrongAxe on 11/16/17


Holding a negative opinion of someone and hating them are two very different things. I don't hate anyone.
---ObamasBoy on 11/16/17


ObamasBoy:

You wrote: StrongAxe, I do not hate Obama. Why do you bear false witness against me?

I can't know for sure, but most of the time when you mention Obama, and Clinton, and anything Democrat, you mention them in a negative way, so you definitely give that impression. If you intend otherwise, you aren't doing a very good job. I've never heard you say one positive thing about Obaama.

I'm not bearing false witness against you, I'm asking you why you bear false witness against yourself.

For example: Obama should get jail time for freeing five hardened terrorists in exchange for the traitor.

That doesn't sound like love to me.
---StrongAxe on 11/16/17


Send a Free Get Well Ecard


StrongAxe, I do not hate Obama. Why do you bear false witness against me?
---ObamasBoy on 11/15/17


AXE. Your denialism over facts such as "oppressive PC tyranny", etc, only confirms the claim by KGB Communist defector, Yuri Bezmanov, that the Left's brainwashing is so effective that it's unlikely you will ever accept reality again.

The Left's politically correct tyranny has been evident for decades, with their tirade of projections towards conservatives, such as racist, homophobe, Islamophobe, bigot, sexist, etc.
The Left's threats and acts of violence, job loss, lawfare, persecution, discrimination, etc are well known.

Where have you been for the past few decades? Has the Leftist echo chamber you reside in insulated you that much from reality?
---Haz27 on 11/16/17


AXE, Regarding the FACT I use alleging you're a "Lefty", YOU yourself also admitted that you're "left of center", which is actually far Left considering how far the political spectrum has shifted Left.

Even your PC world view where you consistently attack conservatives about the speck in their eye, whilst you remain silent about the Left's atrocities, confirms the fact that you're a Lefty.

As for the "foot soldier" FACT, that's a reference to the fact you are brainwashed & controlled through the PC Left's dominance of the megaphones of public narrative (Media, Hollywood, universities, politics), and hence you're a pawn being used by your Leftist controllers.
---Haz27 on 11/16/17


"I've always been bothered by this. Something just is so wrong about the imbalance of this trade ... "

I don't know another man's thoughts, but perhaps a thought is one of "ours" is worth whatever price. Speaking of price, what did the Lord give for us?
---chria9396 on 11/16/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Lasik Surgery


ObamasBoy:

First, please explain just what law Obama broke by making that trade. Second, perhaps you should brush up on your constitutional law. Presidents cannot be tried for crimes committed in office. They can only be impeached for "high crimes and misdeanors", which results in an impeachment trial in the senate, which could result in them removing him from office, and that's all. Since he's now out of office, that is now moot. Nixon himself resigned exactly to avoid this.

One thing I have repeatedly asked, yet you have never answered:

If you hate Obama so much, why do you call yourself ObamasBoy?
---StrongAxe on 11/15/17


Obama should get jail time for freeing five hardened terrorists in exchange for the traitor.
---ObamasBoy on 11/15/17

I've always been bothered by this. Something just is so wrong about the imbalance of this trade ...
---kathr4453 on 11/15/17


Forget Bergdahl. Obama should get jail time for freeing five hardened terrorists in exchange for the traitor.
---ObamasBoy on 11/15/17


michael_e:

You wrote: Under the UCMJ, the maximum penalty for desertion during a declared war is death.

I wrote: That UCMJ statement only applies to acts that occur during a DECLARED war. The last declared war was WW2.

You wrote: Wrong, For instance article 92 of the UCMJ is effect peace or war

I referred the UCMJ death penalty. As article 92 has no death penalty for disobeying orders, it does not apply here.


Haz27:

Terms like "lefty", "loyal foot soldier", "oppressive PC tyranny" are not FACTS. They are PEJORATIVES. Learn the difference. You seem totally incapable of rational discussion without at least 50% of every message spewing invectives.
---StrongAxe on 11/15/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Bullion


//That UCMJ statement only applies to acts that occur during a DECLARED war. The last declared war was WW2//
Wrong, For instance article 92 of the UCMJ is effect peace or war
---michael_e on 11/14/17


AXE & NURSE. Again, pejoratives have long been Leftist. The Left's deceitful PC abuse to shut down public debate is well known.

As for the terms I use, they're FACTS describing the state Leftists are in.

Even former Leftists like KGB Communist defector Yuri Bezmanov, and academic David Horowitz, warned Leftists are brainwashed servants for an oppressive tyranny pushing a narrative loaded with pejoratives to demonize conservatives.

The Left projects to deceive.
The KKK are ONLY of DEMs, yet brainwashed Leftists project them on to REPs.
NAZI is ONLY of Left, yet brainwashed Leftists project them on to Conservatives.
The Lefty Hitler used the BIG LIE tactic, and Leftists today are no different.


---Haz27 on 11/15/17


michael_e:

That UCMJ statement only applies to acts that occur during a DECLARED war. The last declared war was WW2.



Haz27:

You wrote: Pejoratives are a Leftist thing.

That is rich, coming from you. You are constantly using terms like "loyal foot soldier", "oppressive PC tyranny", "culture of deceit", "hypocritical, virtue signaling narcissists". I don't recall seeing anyone on the left on these blogs using language anywhere as remotely polarizing.

Hopefully one day your eyes will be opened.

Yours won't be, until you remove the paragraphs from your eyes before criticizing the sentences in others'.
---StrongAxe on 11/14/17


Pejoratives are a Leftist thing. ---Haz27 on 11/13/17

LOL, that's funny. One only has to read your posts to find a multitude of "pejoratives". Why, you must be a leftist.
---NurseRobert on 11/14/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Menopause


AXE. Pejoratives are a Leftist thing. It's all part of the Left's trademark PC abuse meant to stop public debate. The Left's Fake News media and Leftist dominated university Fascists have long been leaders in the use of pejoratives.

In contrast the terms I use are facts describing the state Leftists are in.

Like I said before, cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable, hence why you're pulling the victim card.

Hopefully one day your eyes will be opened.
---Haz27 on 11/13/17


Haz27:

I tend to bring up things that other don't mention. As you mention baby slaughter in almost every message, there's no need for me to do so.

Please stop peppering the narrative with pejoratives like "loyal foot soldier", "oppressive PC tyranny". They do nothing to bolster the credibility of your arguments.

Curiously, one thing I have discovered on the few occasions when I encountered communist extremists and religious extremists is that their arguments are dominated by pejorative and jingoistic rhetoric.
---StrongAxe on 11/13/17


//Under the US Constitution, only Congress can declare war, so we are not at war legally.//

Your statement doesn't change what the UCMJ says.
---michael_e on 11/13/17


Kathr, Cluny error.

**Sept 14, 2001 Congress in effect declared war when it passed the Authorization for use of Military Force (AUMF) AS a joint resolution. In the House 420 Ayes, 1 Nay, and 10 not Voting, In the Senate, the vote was 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, and 2 Present/Not voting.--Congress Declared War on Sept 14, 2001 by Michael S. Rozeff

Obama was the ONLY President who went to war in Lydia WITHOUT Congress permission.

//Sorry you did not get the outcome you wanted.//

It ISN'T about me! The dead were not in my family!

//Many did not either with OJ Simpson.//

Are you stereotyping again?

You think because I am Black I was happy OJ got off with killing his wife?

I wasn't happy with OJ's verdict!
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/12/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Penpals


AXE. Fake News is a very accurate title for Leftist dominated media. The Left's Fake News media have only themselves to blame as their long culture of deceit is now common knowledge.

In Australia too we see Left's Fake News telling lies to demonize conservatives like Trump, whilst they down play or cover up the Left's evils.

Sadly you repeat Left's lies as you're a loyal foot soldier for their oppressive PC tyranny. Your ethics nearly match that of the Left who you describe as not upholding Christian values.
You obsess with the Left's lies about KKK, sexual impropriety, whilst you conveniently ignore atrocities such as Left's baby slaughter platform.
Your distorted, selective outrage only discredits you.
---Haz27 on 11/12/17


Rob, my heart and prayers go out to all in these places we have our troops. The 4 that were recently cut down as well...HORRIBLE. I think, like the Vietnam Nam war, this one also is one that messes with the mind. With that, accepting anyone who was already known for having a mental breakdown while in the coastguard ...(not even in War Zone territory) was totally negligent.

Then here comes Trump, who NEVER served, used bones spirs as an excuse more than once to dodge the draft, pointing a finger gun at Bergdahl is shameful. I'll also bet you a million dollars IF Trump had kept his mouth totally shut on this subject, Nicole would never have asked this question. Just continuing the hate mongering like the NFL issue.
---kathr4453 on 11/13/17


Kathr, I didn't like being a war zone, but I went. Why in the world would Trump suggest a firing squad when he himself was a COWARD and DRAFT DODGER?
---Rob on 11/12/17


Nicole_Lacey:

Claiming something is fake news is not necessarily a deliberate attempt to deceive. It could be an honest belief that some news is incorrect.

Trump often makes verifiable deplorable statements, yet his supporters call it "fake news", not because they want to deceive others, but because they honestly believe Saint Donald can do no wrong, so any evidence to the contrary MUST be fake.

When did *I* ever deny their bravery? Don't put words in my mouth like Haz27 does.

Two people can have similar opinions without being related. Is Haz27 your cousin? Unlikely.

I NEVER kick my dogs on purpose, but they are small and easily stepped on by accident. They can tell the difference. Many humans can't.
---StrongAxe on 11/12/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Accounting


I think the only person here who is outraged by the verdict and consequences is Nicole. He never said he was innocent, and neither did I or anyone else. And whether 6 actually died directly due to his rescue is still up in the air. So it appears the ONLY reason Nicole believes he should get prison time is because of the supposed deaths? Is that it? I'm confused. So you believe an eye for an eye...no,matter what...correct? Well Nicole, if 6 actually did die, the Military judge didn't see it your way. Maybe he needs mental medical attention Leavenworth is not equipped to handle. Maybe they felt his years in captivity was punishment enough. At least he didn't lie about it like your buddy Roy Moore.
---kathr4453 on 11/12/17


That's correct Nicole, no one ever challenged that. Congress never declared war...so the consequences, unlike what Trump suggested...a firing squad, would not have fit in with the legal consequences of his actions. He will be dishonorably discharged with other things.

Nicole, there' may be more that came out at the trial we are not privy to....MAYBE his mental issues were not taken seriously at the time and should have been sent home long before the event....holding the MILITARY IN FACT ACCOUNTABLE.

Sorry you did not get the outcome you wanted. Many did not either with OJ Simpson. It's just the way it is sometimes. And then look at the executions of folks we NOW KNOW were innocent or 25 behind bars who were innocent.
---kathr4453 on 11/12/17


StrongAxe, Kathr didn't say: "Nicole, I believe you made a mistake, those 6 Soldiers didn't die because of Bergdahl."

She made a clear statement claiming their deaths were FAKE NEWS!

It's bad enough they died trying to rescue a deserter, now you both want to deny their bravery? Yes I am mad.

//Many people erroneously take offense at things that turn out to be mere accidents.//

Right? Note how Kathr is doubling down on her original statement.

I know Kathr, you are just bias.

I am starting to think she is your sister or something.

//if I accidentally step on my dogs, they know I didn't do it on purpose.---StrongAxe

They also know a purposely kick as well!

Not stupid.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/12/17


Kathr: it's obvious you have already condemned Bergdahl before and after his trial.//

He plead guilty.

Where have you been?

He has been saying he walked off for years.

Do you think some Afghans men kidnapped Bergdahl without a fight from our men in 2009?

Why do you think people were mad at Obama about the 5 terrorist swap for a deserter?

//You would never have been selected as a juror, based on your opinion not knowing ALL THE FACTS.//

Me? You seem to be lacking in the info dept. yourself.

Besides, it was a MILITARY trial not civil. No juror selection.

//Are you a judge or lawyer?//

Military Brat.

Please STOP disrespecting the Dead to win a debate. Isn't nice.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/12/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Fundraisers


Haz27:

No, I didn't say that. You misread it between the lines. I said that she was showing outrage because of misinformation, i.e. if kathr4453 said something that was incorrect, it may well have been because she (kathr4453) was misinformed, rather than out of any sense of malice or deception.

There's a proverb: "Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence", which is often true. Many people erroneously take offense at things that turn out to be mere accidents. Even animals know better - if I accidentally step on my dogs, they know I didn't do it on purpose.
---StrongAxe on 11/12/17


AXE. You had suggested to Nicole in an earlier post that she may potentially be misinformed. This is the start of the debate that led me to think you were taking the same position as Kathr.

If you had changed your mind since then, then theres no objection from me now.
---Haz27 on 11/11/17


Haz27:

You wrote: AXE. Do you also think the frontline soldiers involved in the search for Bergdahl are an angry mob with torches and pitchforks, lacking any comprehension of the impact of Bergdahl's desertion?

No, I don't, and never said anything remotely like that. Which dark hole did you pull THAT from?

I referred to armchair lawyers who express outrage and are more than willing to scream condemnation and pass judgment about every little thing, based solely on newspaper headlines and internet clickbait news bites containing inflammatory language but few actual facts.

Those soldiers were involved in military operations authorized by their superior officers. THEY were in possession of all the facts. WE aren't.
---StrongAxe on 11/11/17


''Under the UCMJ, the maximum penalty for desertion during a declared war is death. ''

Under the US Constitution, only Congress can declare war, so we are not at war legally.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/11/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Ecommerce


AXE. Do you also think the frontline soldiers involved in the search for Bergdahl are an angry mob with torches and pitchforks, lacking any comprehension of the impact of Bergdahl's desertion?

I think those soldiers know better than anyone else the impact of Bergdahl's desertion. It's better we listen to them instead of armchair apologists, etc.

---Haz27 on 11/11/17


Nicole, there are several versions of what happened. I read an article from someone in charge who gave a timeline and said no one got killed directly looking for Bergdahl.

If a crazy person applied to a hospital to be a Brain surgeon , and either the hospital knew there were mental issues, OR they simply did not do a background check, and someone died as a result of the Dr mental issue...like walking out of the operating room before the surgery was complete, should the hospital be held responsible? I say yes.

If anyone died, those families SHOULD SUE THE MILITARY and also court Marshall the officers who let Bergdahl in. Why are they let off the hook?
---kathr4453 on 11/11/17


Nicole, it's obvious you have already condemned Bergdahl before and after his trial. You would never have been selected as a juror, based on your opinion not knowing ALL THE FACTS. Even now Nicole, were you at the trial? Did you read the transcripts? Are you a judge or lawyer? Yet you condemn, probably BECAUSE TRUMP CONDEMNED based on his personal opinion and not the LAW. If you don't like the Laws of the land, please, by all means move to Russia or N Korea where he would have been executed WITHOUT A TRIAL. That's the kind of country Trump wants, and wishes he had that kind of power.

Is this an Alabama thing? Child sexual Predators are OK but Military Judges and jury of his peers are not?

How do you reconcile?
---kathr4453 on 11/11/17


Kathr: There's still questions about the 6 as being DIRECTLY killed because of it being exclusively due to Bergdahl.//

Let's simplify it.

Bergdahl walks off without permission during combat and walks TOWARDS the enemy.

Now the Units has to drop existing plans and make a NEW PLAN calling it 'RTD' or 'RSB'. Code names they decide to call the mission.

'RTD' means Rescue the Deserter.
'RSB' Rescue Selfish Bergdahl.

Now they are forced to enter the Villages. Naturally isn't set up for advance protection they were sent into several ambushes and were killed.

Those people didn't die because of the Army, nor because combat.

They died because of one person REFUSING to follow a command. Matthew 8:9
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/10/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Jewelry


There's still questions about the 6 as being DIRECTLY killed because of it being exclusively due to Bergdahl. Yes even articles and interviews by military say they were not. But, no, not to take away from any who were harmed because of his actions. It's ALL HORRIBLE. But negligence was on the part of the military for letting a KNOWN mentally unstable person in in the first place.

Also, we will never know if the verdict would have been different if President Trump, not citizen Trump kept his mouth shut.

I've served Jury Duty several times. One thing they ask...." Have you already formed an opinion about this case...can you be objective?" If NOT, you get booted off.
---kathr4453 on 11/10/17


//One of those articles is found in the military's own newspaper, Stars and Stripes.

So there is some question about this.---Loony1

Please cite the article.

Also remember that the Army has secret rescue missions with Soldiers dying all the time. The Army still denies those mission attempts.

It's doesn't mean the Soldiers didn't die nor the attempts were not made. It only means the Army will not confirm them.

Remember the Army wouldn't call the 2009 Fort Hood shooting a Terrorist Act even through everyone KNOWS it was an act of terrorism. Maj. Hasan isn't any different than the Idiot from New York except he used a gun and killed more people and the other guy used a truck. Both did it in the name of Islam
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/10/17


Nicole_Lacey:

No, I am not upset - precisely because I have only heard network click-bait news and sound bites, and do not consider myself sufficiently well informed about the subject to be worthy of forming an opinion worthy of righteous outrage. There are too many people in the world who pick up torches and pitchforks and join angry mobs, based on a single headline, without knowing all the facts. I try not to be one of them.

Part of the RULES that you love so much is that we let judges decide criminal guilt, rather than mobs or Facebook.

I doubt those 6 were part of YOUR family either. Both of my parents spent most of WWII in German camps, and I lost two uncles to the Nazis, so I have plenty of reason for outrage, myself.
---StrongAxe on 11/10/17


Under the UCMJ, the maximum penalty for desertion during a declared war is death. This sentence was carried out once since the Civil War, a soldier executed by firing squad during World War II. Normal punishment is five years in prison
---michael_e on 11/10/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Furniture


I guess only Rob understands because he was a combat himself. Maybe he can explain it to you all. Or you all need to watch war movies to understand the severity of desertion.

My father who was drafted. He would have been horrified if an Enlisted Man covering him left his post thus leaving him wide open to die.

I am not upset over someone deserting the Army from Fort Beginning or Fort Bliss. I can care less and no one will die over that decision. It isn't the same.

Not all desertions are the same.

Remember to whom Jesus said had the Greatest Faith in all of Israel?

A Roman Soldier.

Matthew 8:10 and Luke 7:9

Rules Matters
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/10/17


Officer Bradley Bethea, who searched for Bergdahl, said:
Aug 18, IED killed Private Morris Walker & Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen during a reconnaissance mission. Aug 26, while conducting a search for a Taliban shadow sub-governor supposedly affiliated with Bergdahls captors, Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss was shot in the face & killed. Sept 4, during a patrol to a village near the area in which Bergdahl vanished, an insurgent ambush killed Second Lieutenant Darryn Andrews & gravely wounded Private Matthew Martinek, who died of his wounds. Sept 5, while conducting a foot movement toward a village also thought affiliated with Bergdahls captors, Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey stepped on improvised land mine. He died.
---Haz27 on 11/10/17


StrongAxe, you are not MAD because the 6 wasn't part of YOUR FAMILY! No one you love DIED because some IDIOT decided to desert his post!

You can be so insensitive at times. Have some compassion.

Loony, maybe I can reason with you.

My grandfather got a Purple Heart in Korea. My father was drafted into the Vietnam War. War time isn't a time to decide to go vogue.

Everyone is depended on everyone else on following EVERY RULE AND COMMAND giving as GIVEN in order for EVERYONE to go HOME ALIVE.

Bergdahl plead guilty as Haz posted.

There is a man who can no longer talk, feed himself or walk because of Bergdahl's desertion. His wife has to care for him for the rest of his or her life.

What about them?
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/10/17


NICOLE. You're correct.
Time magazine reported from soldiers that the diversion of men in the search for Bergdahl thinned the ranks of troops elsewhere, contributing to deaths & injuries.

Capt. John Billings, Bergdahls platoon leader, said the platoon searched for Bergdahl for 19 days, going without food or water.

Former Navy Seal Rob O'Neill also confirms the search put soldiers in high risk circumstances that shouldn't have gone on if Bergdahl had not deserted.

Frontline soldiers are the best source to know how Bergdahl's desertion impacted their safety. These soldiers are disappointed by the judge's ruling, having not been given opportunity to testify against him due to his guilty plea.


---Haz27 on 11/10/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Laptops


Nicole_Lacey:

If you have information about these people, please share the details, rather than just claiming that it's there and spending the rest of the message screaming in outrage at what may very well be no more than misinformation.
---StrongAxe on 11/9/17


Nicole

You will find a number of articles online questioning the assertion that six soldiers were killed looking for Bowe Bergdahl.

One of those articles is found in the military's own newspaper, Stars and Stripes.

So there is some question about this.
---Loony1 on 11/9/17


No one died looking for Bergdhal---kathr4453 on 11/8/17

HOW DARE YOU!

Sometimes if you don't know what you are talking about you should keep your mouth shut!

Those men and women were NOT YOUR SONS, DAUGHTERS, SISTERS, BROTHER, FATHER, or MOTHER!

SHAME ON YOU!

Even your LEFT WING NEWS AGREED THEY DIED!

'The 6 U.S. Soldiers Died Searching for Bowe Bergdahl' by Mark Thompson Time online.

They have pictures of the DEAD MEN YOU CLAIM ARE FAKE!

LOOK AT THEIR FACES AND TELL GOD YOU ARE SORRY FOR YOUR DUMB COMMENT!
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/9/17


No one died looking for Bergdhal. That is fake news. Also at that same time two other soldiers walked off camp and one with only sunscreen saying he was planning to walk all the way to Europe. Both were picked up by Afgan police and returned to their unit, only to be sent home because they were mentally unstable. Neither were sent to prison for desertion. It was also known Bergdham washed out of the coastguard with mental problems, and the military KNEW this. If anyone is responsible for putting other soldiers at risk, it's the MILITARY.
---kathr4453 on 11/8/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Lawyer


Nicole

I was in the military about 55 years ago.

The Bergdahl case is so odd and unique that I don't that anything like it will be repeated, so there are no ongoing lessons to learn.
---Loony1 on 11/8/17


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: RULES MATTERS!

I agree. Part of those rules that matter are that issues of justice are tried by competent judges and tribunals in courts of law, with evidence being presented by both sides, and fair hearing given to all - NOT by unruly mobs with torches and pitchforks, nor by a bunch of dilettants on social media pressing "like" and "dislike" buttons.

If you want to see the results of what happens when that's how society is run, you should watch The Orville episode 7 "Majority Rule" from October 26, for a planet whose justice system resembles Facebook. Not pretty.
---StrongAxe on 11/8/17


I totally agree with everyone here who posted. And I will add I'm very glad to see there are those who use their own mind and conscience and are not influenced by those who have spewed out hate on this matter.

They have facts we are not privy too. However we do know there was issues with Bergdhal mentally before he joined. All higher up military agree he never should have been accepted in the first place, but they were desperate for volunteers at that time.

Just as we see the massacure in TX where again the military failed to follow through, along with other issues that just got overlooked, brought on the mass murder of folks....by someone who should NEVER have been given guns in the first place.
---kathr4453 on 11/8/17


It seems that the Ones who have answered with no problems also has never been in the Military.

Loony have you been in the Military?

The problem with the no jail time is that it teaches other Military Personal they can do the same thing.

6 people died and many others were harmed looking for him all because he deserted.

We have rules for a reason and other people lives are depended on everyone following the rules.

If I decided not to wash my hands after seeing my last patient and seeing you as my next patient I am sure you would not be too happy.

You would want me to follow the CDC's, Hospital's, and Nurse's rule of proper hand washing after and before each patient care.

RULES MATTERS!
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/8/17


Read These Insightful Articles About Dedicated Hosting


Many people just love to be armchair jurists, and believe that with their news-bite knowledge of current events, they possess more knowledge and wisdom than judges appointed to try cases with full access to all the evidence.
---StrongAxe on 11/7/17


Nicole

I am indifferent to the outcome of the Bergdahl case. The court has decided and that should be that.
---Loony1 on 11/7/17


The judge doubtless knows things that NOBODY on here does.

I'm sure such information and testimony guided his decision.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/7/17


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.