ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Catholic With Muslim Boyfriend

I am a catholic and I have a boyfriend Muslim from India, and he wants to marry with me. Can we able to get married in catholic church? We don't know what we do.

Moderator - Christians / Catholics are not suppose to marry people of other faiths.

Join Our Free Singles and Take The Dating & Marriage Quiz
 ---jm on 4/18/18
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Post a New Blog



strongaxe said, "I will also answer a question you didn't ask: "What does it mean?" It means "God-breathed"."

Correct and thanks for that answer now according to the meaning of, "Theopneustos." does it mean that God breathe in to Scripture or did God breathe out Scripture? Which one?
---john9346 on 5/11/18


cluny said, "I don't pretend to know when various books of the NT were written."

Now your contradicting yourself for you said, ""But at the time that St. Paul penned, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God...", most of the NT had not been written yet."

The Letters of Barnabas and Ignatius have nothing to do with SolaScriptura.
---john9346 on 5/11/18


Hello readers:

Take note of Cluny's Behavior one thing i've come to understand about him is when I challenge him and show his falsehood and many errors everything else becomes an issue like spelling...

Cluny needs to understand that these kind of tactics are immature and they only expose him further to those who are reading...
---john9346 on 5/11/18


Cluny:

Everybody makes mistakes in spelling/grammar/punctuation, because we're all human. These are not normally an issue, except when they cause confusion (which was the case with "sallitifies"), or when s/g/p are being specifically discussed.

It is considered bad form to use bad s/g/p WHEN complaining about someone else's s/g/p. This is criticizing a speck without removing one's own beam. (E.g. you nitpicked john9346's spelling, but misspelled "considewred" in the same message.)

You yourself said Revelation was considered by many the worst Greek in the New Testament, but that doesn't stop people from accepting it as the Word of God.
---StrongAxe on 5/10/18


Sola Scriptura is the doctrine that the Bible is the final authority in all doctrinal matters. That no doctrine can contradict the words of the Bible.

For instance there is a church group that teaches adultery is not a sin. It is just loving your neighbor.

That is wrong from the Bible authority.

The one that is the biggest problem is that men teach they have the right to correct the Bible so as to make it teach what they want. Instead of following the words of Jesus. That men shalt not live by bread alone. But those words from GOD.
---Samuelbb7 on 5/10/18




StrongAxe, if a person can't spell right when he's fussing at me, he's not worth taking seriously.

Abuse is more effective when spelled properly.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 5/10/18


Cluny:

You wrote: What does "sallitifies" mean? I've never seen this word before. Is it even a real word?

I just tried looking it up with Google, which asked me if I meant solidifies, which seems to make sense here.
---StrongAxe on 5/10/18


What does "sallitifies" mean? I've never seen this word before. Is it even a real word?

I don't pretend to know when various books of the NT were written. My understanding the last was St. John's Gospel, but I could well be mistaken.

The letters of Ss Barnabas and Ignatius were considewred inspired scripture by some local Churches in the first couple of centuries.

What do YOU think "theopnevstos" means, and why are you still harping on it?

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/10/18


Nicole_Lacey:

Her followers were Catholics. They had their own weird version of Catholic theology that also worshiped Mary, but they were still Catholics until they said they weren't (they didn't) or until they were excommunicated.

The fact that the group tried to ordain priests was what finally got the Vatican to excommunicate them, but all the things they did before (like worshipping Mary and the nun) weren't bad enough to do so.

I never said that church TAUGHT people to worship Mary. I only said that some Catholics DO worship Mary, despite church teaching to the contrary.

But again, this (and john9346's derailment about Theopneustos and Sola Scriptura) have NOTHING to do with the blog topic.
---StrongAxe on 5/10/18


Cluny:

1. Thank you for your answer it sallitifies what I've have notice you do not understand "Sola Scriptura."

2. Still waiting for you to tell us all what year did Paul write the words, "Theopneustos."

3. Still waiting for you to explain what does Ignatius of Antioch Writings and The Epistle of Barnabas have to do with, "Sola Scriptura?" My Specifice Question to you was to provide the def of "Sola Scriptura."

BTW, the NT was written in Greek was it not?
---john9346 on 5/9/18




1. This Nun left the Catholic Church before her followers started worshipping her.

2. They were not excommunicated because they left the Catholic Church. Members who are excommunicated are Members who still profess the Faith of the Catholic. Not their own made up faith.

3. Only a Catholic Bishop can ordain a man to become a Priest. (ex-Bishop can as well) A nun or a priest CAN'T invoke the Holy Spirit to ordain a man to become a Priest.

In fact a Catholic Bishop can't even ordain a woman. The Holy Spirit will NOT comply.

Even if a ex-Bishop does ordain a Priest the Priest isn't going to be placed in any our Catholic Churches to lead the FAITHFUL.

Thus the Catholic Church NEVER teaches anyone to worship Mary.
---Nicole_Lacey on 5/9/18


Nicole_Lacey:

In this case I was pointing out that the STEREOTYPE "most Muslims are terrorists" is INCORRECTLY deduced from the observation "most terrorists are Muslims".

I mentioned that once IN PASSING when talking about stereotypes, but anything I've said on the subject in passing keeps getting dragged into a long drawn out painful side-discussion that is derailing this whole thread.

Can we put this whole "stereotype" diversion to rest and get back to the topic of this blog, which has all but been forgotten?
---StrongAxe on 5/9/18


strongaxe said, "I will also answer a question you didn't ask: "What does it mean?" It means "God-breathed"."

Correct and thanks for that answer now according to the meaning of, "Theopneustos." does it mean that God breathe in to Scripture or did God breathe out Scripture? Which one?

BTW, I did ask you this question Second Time in fact.
---john9346 on 5/9/18


strongaxe ask, "How am I being contradictory? Show me ONE scripture that REQUIRES belief that scripture is God-breathed for salvation."

Sir, you've already said that Scripture is "Theopneustos."

This is why my question to you is does "Theopneustos." mean that God breathe in to Scripture or did God breathe out Scripture??
---john9346 on 5/9/18


StrongAxe: most terrorists are Muslims doesn't mean most Muslims are terrorists!//

Really? No only but you was claiming that we believe most Muslims are Terrorists.

I said the Opposite that you just NOW AGREE! All most all Terrorists are Muslims. You are stealing my scripts and pretending it's your own words now.

//Stereotypes based on converses are WRONG.//

No, because when a terrorist attack occurs and the identity of the person ISN'T revealed EVERYONE (Even you :D) always assumes a Muslim carried it out. Thus the stereotype. We are SHOCKED when it ISN'T a Muslim!

Serial killers without a purpose stereotype are usually White Men according to the FBI. WHY? Because since Jack the Ripper 99% have been White Men.
---Nicole_Lacey on 5/9/18


Nicole ask, "Why would you ask that question after I asked why Protestants use Paul's words against Jesus' Words."

Because Paul and Jesus's Words have the same authority they are all "Theopneustos." Yes, they certainly address different audiences and matters,nevertheless, they all are, "Theopenustos."...

Nicole, you don't even believe in Sola Scriptura,therefore, you do not accept Tota Scriptura...
---john9346 on 5/9/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


john9346:

You wrote: Also, do you know what "Theopneustos." means?" yes or no

I will answer your question as asked: Yes I do.

I will also answer a question you didn't ask: "What does it mean?" It means "God-breathed".

How am I being contradictory? Show me ONE scripture that REQUIRES belief that scripture is God-breathed for salvation.
---StrongAxe on 5/9/18


Saying "Theopneutos" rather than "inspired by God" when speaking English is a hopeless attempt to make oneself appear more spiritual than thou.

Couldn't you at least use the calch "God-breathed"?

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/9/18


strongaxe said, "Scripture DOES say it is Theopneustos.
Scripture DOES NOT SAY that belief "that scripture is Theopneustos" is necessary for salvation."

Strongaxe, tell us who said that "Scripture." is, "Theopneustos."

Also, do you know what "Theopneustos." means?" yes or no

I read everything you write sir pass and present this is why i'm asking. So far your being very very inconsistent and contradictory.
---john9346 on 5/9/18


john9346:

Read what I wrote.

Scripture DOES say it is Theopneustos.
Scripture DOES NOT SAY that belief "that scripture is Theopneustos" is necessary for salvation.


Nicole_Lacey:

That is exactly my point! That all neo-nazis are white doesn't mean all whites are neo-nazis! That most terrorists are Muslims doesn't mean most Muslims are terrorists! Stereotypes based on converses are WRONG.

Google: Marie Paule Griguere - a Catholic nun in Quebec whose followers who called her The Immaculate (related to the Mother as the Son was to the Father), and worshiped a Quinternity - Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Mother, and Immaculate. They were only excommunicated, when they tried to ordain priests.
---StrongAxe on 5/9/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


'strongaxe said, "Even though scripture says it IS Theopneustos, nowhere does it say that BELIEF that it is Theopneustos is NECESSARY for salvation."

Strongaxe, do you know what "Theopneustos." mean sir?

strongaxe said, "It says we must believe in GOD."

But you just stated that "Scripture." comes from God." so now your contradicting what you just said, "You say Scripture comes from God." and now your saying it doesn't come from God." Can you see your inconsistency??
---john9346 on 5/8/18


cluny said, "But at the time that St. Paul penned, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God...", most of the NT had not been written yet."

Cluny, tell us all, And what year did Paul pin these words?

Also, Cluny do you believe the NT is, "Theopneustos?"

Cluny said, "Furthermore, there were several writings that were accepted as inspired by different local churches, such as the Letters of St Ignatius and the Epistle of Barnabas."

Cluny, explain to everyone what does this have to do with the def of Sola Scriptura???
---john9346 on 5/8/18


StrongAxe: 100% of IRA terrorists identify themselves as Irish Catholics,//

That's like saying 100% of Neo Nazi are White.

How many Terrorists in the world in the last 20 years were Muslims? 98%

//Some people pray and give offerings to Mary.//

WHO, WHO AND WHO?????

//It doesn't MATTER if they're myths or not.//

Do you know what the word 'stereotype' means?

It has to be based on facts of occurrences that repeats itself.

myths are LIES. It never happened.

Catholics don't read the Bible as they should: Stereotype and TRUE!

Catholics worship Mary: Wrong and a Vicious Rumor and Lie started by Protestants Centuries ago!

Stop choking on the lie.
---Nicole_Lacey on 5/8/18


Cluny:

You wrote: And their actions contradict the teachings of their own Church.

The majority of Muslims will also tell you that terrorism (e.g. ISIS) is against the teachings of Islam. You are STILL missing the point. I mentioned them SPECIFICALLY to prove that "All A are B. Therefore, all B are A" is a logical fallacy, REGARDLESS of whether all A are actually B are not.

"All apples are fruits" is true, but the converse "all fruits are apples" is definitely false.
"All (IRA) terrorists are Catholics" may be false, but the converse "all Catholics are terrorists" is definitely false.
---StrongAxe on 5/8/18


Locate Pastor Jobs


\\You're still missing the point. 100% of IRA terrorists identify themselves as Irish Catholics,\\

And their actions contradict the teachings of their own Church.

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/7/18


Nicole_Lacey:

You're still missing the point. 100% of IRA terrorists identify themselves as Irish Catholics, but you would not conclude from this that all Irishmen are terrorists, nor that all Catholics are terrorists. "All A are B" does NOT mean "All B are A".

Some people pray and give offerings to Mary. People pray to and give offerings to gods, not to ordinary people.

But you are still missing the point. It doesn't MATTER if they're myths or not. Stereotypes are stereotypes, regardless of whether they are based on facts or not.

This whole discussion about stereotypes is choking on gnats. It has ballooned from a single point mentioned in passing into a 10+ message off-topic discussion.
---StrongAxe on 5/7/18


StrongAxe: "All Muslims are terrorists because 98% of terrorists are Muslims" is as illogical..//

What is the matter with you Leftists?

98% Terrorists identify THEMSELVES as Muslims!

They are waving ISIS flags not Vatican flags.

They are screaming Allah is great not Jesus is great when they commit these terrorist acts!

//Racist stereotypes are still stereotypes.//

NO YOU ARE WRONG! They are myths

//I didn't say ALL Catholics worship Mary, but SOME do.//

PROVE ONE! You are making it up!

As for the food offerings, STOP being Vague. STOP leaping from people one sentence to another with the word 'god'

Who said Mary was a god?
---Nicole_Lacey on 5/7/18


Cluny:

Have you not been paying attention? My point was that this is a general STEREOTYPE that is INACCURATE, based on a small sampling of people for which it IS accurate.

Also, many Catholics have some incorrect beliefs, precisely because they were TAUGHT these beliefs by members of the Catholic clergy, despite the fact that those beliefs may contradict official Church teaching. The Church is directly responsible for this, as it allows its own agents to disseminate error - in much the same way any corporation is liable for any crime committed by any employee acting as its agent. (E.g. if an United employee steals your luggage, you can sue United for compensation, even though luggage theft is against United company policy.)
---StrongAxe on 5/7/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Counseling


\\//Do some Catholics worship Mary? Yes.//\\

If there are any such, they do so not because of the teaching of the Catholic Church, but IN SPITE OF IT.

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/7/18


Nicole_Lacey:

"All Muslims are terrorists because 98% of terrorists are Muslims" is as illogical as "All bananas are fruits. Therefore, all fruits are bananas."

Racist stereotypes are still stereotypes.

I didn't say ALL Catholics worship Mary, but SOME do. In some Central and South American countries, you see shrines to Mary where people leave food offerings and pray to Mary. People pray to and make offerings to gods.

I have seen more Catholic churches named after Mary (e.g. Our Lady of this or that, Notre Dame) than named after God. The Qur'an erroneously says Christians worship Father, Son, and Mother - because early Christian practice gave that impression.
---StrongAxe on 5/7/18


StrongAxe, I am just like your friend.

Your example supposes being Black makes you like fried chicken and watermelon which isn't a stereotype, but racist.

Does being Asian mean you like rice? No.

Asian children raised by Non-Asian Parents may not eat rice.

//Do some Catholics worship Mary? Yes.//

NOT TRUE!

Tell me any Catholic making a confession of faith of Mary being God?

Only Protestants BELIEVE Catholic worship Mary. False stereotype in Protestant's minds

//Are some Muslims terrorists? Yes. Most of them aren't.//

Again turn it around: The stereotype is that ALL Terrorists are Muslims because 98% of ALL TERRORISTS are Muslims.

Thus the stereotype.
---Nicole_Lacey on 5/6/18


Nicole_Lacey:

Stereotypes ARE from actual incidents, but because they are based on anedcotal evidence, they are far from accurate.

Do many blacks like fried chicken and watermelon? Yes. Do ALL of them? no. (I have a good black friend who loves fried chicken but hates watermelon). Do some Catholics worship Mary? Yes. Do all of them? No. Are some Muslims terrorists? Yes. Most of them aren't. Etc.

Before, when I mentioned Roman, I quoted words of an actual POPE who was quoting (without any negative comments) the words of an ACTUAL Catholic clergyman and saint. When I was growing up in the '60s, the clergy used it all the time. The Pope seemed to have no problem with the term. Why do you?
---StrongAxe on 5/6/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Relief


StrongAxe: Stereotypes are popular perceptions - NOT necessarily accurate.//

Accurately you have it backwards stereotypes are from actual events.

Example: Indian owning Gas station. Remember Biden's racist joke?

90% of black hair product stores in the South are owned by Koreans.

Black people in the South using hot sauce for fried Chicken.

When I asked to CITE that statement I meant from the Vatican NOT from Jaweed Kaleem of the Huff Post Religion selection.

I knew you were off again when you quoted the Non-Catholic word 'Roman' from the title.

That is a clue. Plus the USCCB speaks for the United States not a Priest.

That article quoting the USCCB said the same thing I told you
---Nicole_Lacey on 5/6/18


\\Cluny, without googling please provide for us all the definition of Sola Scriptura???
---john9346 on 5/5/18\\

Sola Scriptura is one of the five SOLAS of the Reformation churches, though modern Protestants tend to ignore the fifth one: Sola Ekklesia.

It means, in short, that Scripture is the ultimate source for faith and practice.

But at the time that St. Paul penned, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God...", most of the NT had not been written yet.

Furthermore, there were several writings that were accepted as inspired by different local churches, such as the Letters of St Ignatius and the Epistle of Barnabas.


Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/5/18


john9346:

You wrote: But sir your contradicting yourself because you just said that Theopneustos isn't required for salvation??? Your being Logically Inconsistent.

Even though scripture says it IS Theopneustos, nowhere does it say that BELIEF that it is Theopneustos is NECESSARY for salvation. It says we must believe in GOD. It does not say we must believe in SCRIPTURE.

I know that canon is not the same as Sola Scriptura, but it the foundation upon which Sola Scriptura is based. Is John reliable for doctrine? Only if it is canon. If Acts reliable for doctrine? Only if it is canon. The same is said for every scripture you want to rely on.
---StrongAxe on 5/5/18


strongaxe said, "Scripture comes from God."

But sir your contradicting yourself because you just said that Theopneustos isn't required for salvation??? Your being Logically Inconsistent.

The other matters you raised are matters of canon that has already been explained to you are not the same thing as Sola Scriptura.

I'm specifically asking you regarding The Nature of Scripture.
---john9346 on 5/5/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Settlement


cluny said, "These verses do NOT teach Sola Scriptura."

Cluny, without googling please provide for us all the definition of Sola Scriptura???
---john9346 on 5/5/18


Strongaxe,

If Scripture comes from God then it is, "Theopneustos." if not, "Not Theopneustos."

Sir your rejecting Theopneustos and then turning around and saying that it is Theopneustos." So, what is it Theopneustos or not Theopneustos?"

Ps., on the canon prior you've admitted that you don't know if the Church Fathers taught that they invented the canon. Not logical to speak of what you don't know correct?
---john9346 on 5/5/18


\\The Orthodox also qualified that by saying "from the Father (alone)".\\

Orthodox would disagree that the procession of the Holy Spirit, revealed by Christ Himself to be from the Father, is a theological gnat.

Books have been written on this issue.

Suffice it to say that using the original Greek text of the creed and its word--EKPROEVETE--one cannot say that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son without falling into Sabellianism.

In fairness, the West never intended to mean this.

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/5/18


Cluny:

You wrote: Sijmple: We didn't change or add to any points of the faith after or before the split.

The original creed said the Holy Spirit proceeds "from the Father" without qualification.
The Catholics qualified that by saying "from the Father and the Son".
The Orthodox also qualified that by saying "from the Father (alone)".

But despite any of this, I don't see anything anywhere in scripture that would justify declaring half of the body of Christ as heretics (or at least not heirs of the original church) just because a bunch of church leaders choked on a theological gnat that has zero relevance in how any of us live our lives or how we relate to God.
---StrongAxe on 5/4/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Distance Learning


\\What objective criteria do we have to say that one of these is the legitimate and sole heir to the pre-schism church, while the other is not?\\

Sijmple: We didn't change or add to any points of the faith after or before the split.

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/4/18


Cluny:

You wrote: And the pre-schism Church is called the Orthodox Church today.

The pre-schism church split into two separate branches: the Catholic Church, and the Orthodox Church. What objective criteria do we have to say that one of these is the legitimate and sole heir to the pre-schism church, while the other is not?
---StrongAxe on 5/4/18


Samuelbb7:

That is all well and fine, but before one can speak according to the Word, it is vital to know just what IS the Word, and what ISN'T. Did Esther come from the mouth of God? How about Tobit? How about Enoch? How about Ephesians? How about Laodiceans? The Gospel of John? The Gospel of Peter? What God-given criteria do we have for knowing just which of these books are divinely inspired scripture, and which ones aren't?
---StrongAxe on 5/3/18


\\Sola Scriptura is directly from the Bible. \\

These verses do NOT teach Sola Scriptura.

Both Arian and Trinitarian Protestants and expecially Pentecostals claim they get their beliefs from Sola Scriptura.

And the pre-schism Church is called the Orthodox Church today.

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 5/3/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Education


The Old Testament is preserved by the Jewish People even today. The New Testament was set in place by the pre schism church.

True some modern Scholars dislike about half of the new Testament. But then many of them say there is no such thing as prophecy.

Sola Scriptura is directly from the Bible.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
---Samuelbb7 on 5/3/18


Scripture comes from God. hOwever, we must necessarily accept one of two things about the origin of the canon:
1) From God, but as it is not printed in scripture itself, it is an extra-scriptural reveleation from God.
2) From men, so the decision of which words are God's is based on human decisions, hence not infallible.

We cannot use "books quoted in scripture" as a criterion, as some books like Esther are never quoted, while non-scriptural books like Enoch are, as are no-longer-existent books like Jasher.

Also, as we have no single unambiguous source of scripture, but rather multiple variant manuscripts, our notion of what God's revealed scriptures say is imperfect. As Paul said, we see through a glass darkly.
---StrongAxe on 5/3/18


strongaxe said, "You have often accused me of that, but I have never said that. Believing that Sola Scriptura is flawed is NOT the same as not believing in the scriptures."

Strongaxe, where does Scripture come from? In other words, what is the origin of Scripture??
---john9346 on 5/2/18


john9346:

You wrote: But sir remember you don't even believe in the Scriptures

You have often accused me of that, but I have never said that. Believing that Sola Scriptura is flawed is NOT the same as not believing in the scriptures.

All the statements in your most recent message are based on a flawed premise.
---StrongAxe on 5/1/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Home Equity Loans


strongaxe said, "It's curious you omit most things Jesus taught (e.g. Sermon on the Mount)"

But sir remember you don't even believe in the Scriptures so your attempting to steal my position on The Scriptures to try and use it against me that is a Logical Fallacy... and Brutally Dishonest sir...

Strongaxe, if you don't believe in Scripture then you respectfully don't know what it says or mean about any of the Essential Doctrines of Christianity...

This is why on prior blogs I have called you to repentance my friend... now do you see why?
---john9346 on 4/30/18


Strongaxe:

To help focus you, you should be debating/dialogging if The Scriptures are at all true compared to the Vedas, Koran, etc.??? Just something to think about.
---john9346 on 4/30/18


Nicole_Lacey:

Stereotypes are popular perceptions - NOT necessarily accurate.

Google: catholic accept protestant baptism vatican
Headline article is "U.S. Roman Catholic Church And Protestant Denominations Agree To Recognize Each Other's Baptisms" from 2013

"The Roman Catholic church as a whole has generally recognized the baptisms of most mainstream Christian denominations since the Second Vatican Council, a series of historic church meetings from 1962 to 1965, but the formal baptism agreement is the first of its kind for the U.S. church."

"Sacrament" is a particularly Catholic idea.

Pentecostal churches are all evangelical in their theological outlook.
---StrongAxe on 4/29/18


StrongAxe: Sinner's Prayer, it's only since Vatican II that the Roman Catholic church only recognized baptisms performed in Protestant churches.//

Cite that false statement you made because the Catholic Church has ALWAYS said any Baptisms if valid if all 3 Names of the Godheads' are said. Matthew 28

Even by a child. Protestants have 2 valid Sacraments: Marriage and Baptism

Non-Christians has one: Marriage.

//Were all the Protestant churches you went to evangelical (e.g. Baptist, etc.)? Non-evangelical ones typically aren't like that, that I am aware of//

No, Assembly of God and Pentecostal Churches as well. Good friends in each one.

My friend couldn't watch TV, wear makeup or pants or cut her hair.
---Nicole_Lacey on 4/28/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Interest Rates


StrongAxe, THANKS for the correction but you are wrong. They are a BIG piece. That's why are called Stereotype

/(e.g. Catholics worship Mary//

That's a lie made by Protestants and not a practice done by Catholics and denied by Catholics.

//Jehovah's Witnesses forbid transfusions,//

True as in their rule book, but practiced by a little members. As few Catholics NOT eating meats on Fridays during Lent.

//Mormons are polygamist//

You forgot Muslims

//Muslims are terrorists//

Turn that around

Since 98% of terrorists are usually Muslims thus they are 'Stereotype' with being Terrorists. Understand?

Besides, Leftist love to play with words to confuse people. Shame on you all.
---Nicole_Lacey on 4/28/18


john9346:

It's curious you omit most things Jesus taught (e.g. Sermon on the Mount)

2 Ti 3:15, 2 Pe 1:19-20, 1 Co 4:6 do not say belief scripture is inerrant or theopneustos is required for salvation.

Mt 28:12-20, Jn 14:16-17, Is 48:16 do not say belief in Trinity is required for salvation.

Jn 8:24: v.28 shows "he" means "Son of Man", not "God"
Jn 1:1-3, 8:24, 8:58 do not say belief in deity of Christ is required for salvation.

Ep 2:8-9, Ro 3:27-28, 5:1, Ga 3:11 say faith (in GOD) is required for salvation, not faith in the doctrine of "salvation by faith alone". Also, James 2:24 says we are justified by faith and works, not faith alone.
---StrongAxe on 4/27/18


strongaxe ask, "Just what is the definitive list of "Specific Doctrines of Christ", and where are they enumerated?"



1. They must believe in the Inspired, Infallible, Inerrant Word of the Living God the Scriptures (the bible) 2 Tim 3:15-17, 2 Pet 1:19-20, 1 Cor 4:6.

2. They must believe in the Trinity Matt 28:18-20, Jn 14:16-17, Isa 48:16.

3. They must believe in the Deity of Christ Jn 1:1-3, 8:24, 8:58.

4. They must believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone Eph 2:8-9, Rom 3:27-28, 5:1, Gal 3:11.



To deny these doctrines is anexample of Gal 1:6-9...

---john9346 on 4/27/18


strongaxe said, "Many different groups would have differing opinions on those."

And many different groups do not believe The Scriptures are, "Theopneustos." your point?"??
---john9346 on 4/27/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Marketing


john9346:

You wrote: but to be a Christian one must hold to The Specific Doctrines of Christ and follow Christ...

Just what is the definitive list of "Specific Doctrines of Christ", and where are they enumerated?

Many different groups would have differing opinions on those.
---StrongAxe on 4/26/18


samuelBB7 said, "I asked what does a person have to do to be a Christian."

Samuel, what one has to do to become a Christian is not the same as what one has to do to be a Christian. To become a Christian one must repent and believe in Christ, but to be a Christian one must hold to The Specific Doctrines of Christ and follow Christ...

Just saying you believe in Jesus doesn't necessarily make one of Christ...
---john9346 on 4/26/18


Samuelbb7:

There are some Pentecostal groups who believe that you're not saved until you're baptized with the Holy Spirit with tongues following. They're obsessed with signs, so they're also most likely to be deceived by false signs.
---StrongAxe on 4/26/18


I was working with teenagers at one time. You cannot tell them about religion in a public school but you can answer questions. A young man spoke about there being Catholics and Christians to another student. So I asked him what did he mean by that. He answered in the Pentecostal church he belonged to Catholics aren't Christian. I asked what does a person have to do to be a Christian. He answered correctly believe in Jesus. I told him Catholics believe in Jesus so they are Christians. We spoke for awhile longer. But he never agreed or disagreed with me in the end.
---Samuelbb7 on 4/26/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Life Insurance


Nicole_Lacey:

(I assume you mean "stereotype"?)

Yes, stereotypes give only a tiny piece of the picture, usually the most obvious and characteristically different piece, and often distorted (e.g. Catholics worship Mary, Jehovah's Witnesses forbid transfusions, Protestants demand altar calls, Mormons are polygamists, Muslims are terrorists, etc.)

As for the Sinner's Prayer, it's only since Vatican II that the Roman Catholic church only recognized baptisms performed in Protestant churches.

Were all the Protestant churches you went to evangelical (e.g. Baptist, etc.)? Non-evangelical ones typically aren't like that, that I am aware of.
---StrongAxe on 4/26/18


Sorry Haz, I didn't know.

StrongAxe: That's painting with a very broad brush.//

True.

Of course as with anyone it doesn't including 100% but that's why the word 'steroid type' came into being.

Catholics don't read their Bibles. Protestants make up their prayers. etc.

//How would you know that?//

I grew up 1/2 my life with them. I use to Church hop.
They ALL told me I wasn't Saved. I had to say the 'Sinner's prayer' each time just in case I didn't say right in the last Church.

//How many different Protestant churches have you actually studied the teachings of?//

15 to 20? I really never sat down and counted them.

How is your childhood mind different from my childhood mind????
---Nicole_Lacey on 4/25/18


\\Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Protestants even state Catholics are not Saved.

That's painting with a very broad brush. How would you know that? How many different Protestant churches have you actually studied the teachings of?\\

I've seen it said here and elsewhere.

I've even heard people distinguish betweewn "Catholic" and"Christian"

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 4/24/18


NICOLE. I'm a HIM, and not a her. The blog name Haz is an Aussie slang version of the name Harold. I hear in USA they sometimes use the slang name Hal.

Another danger in marrying a muslim is that if the Muslim partner leaves Islam, then under Islamic teaching such apostates should be executed. Fundamentalist (true) Muslims are most likely to obey this command to execute apostates.

Secular Muslims, however, don't tend to obey Islam's command to kill apostates. But they will at least ostracize them, which of course will impact upon the family and friend ties that marriages create.
---Haz27 on 4/24/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Make Money


2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoke together with unbeliever , For what fellowship has with lawlessness ? And what communion has light with darkness,
---RichardC on 4/23/18


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Protestants even state Catholics are not Saved.

That's painting with a very broad brush. How would you know that? How many different Protestant churches have you actually studied the teachings of?

Beliefs like that are common among many hard core religions. I remember from early childhood being taught that only people who had the "right religion" (i.e. Catholicism) were going to heaven, and protesants were close, but not quite right (implying that despite their efforts, most Protestants were destined for hell). I can't speak to what the Catholic church's official teaching on this was, but this was definitely that impressionable young children were being left with.
---StrongAxe on 4/23/18


I dated a Muslim in 1992. He was a so called moderate Muslim man but still had hard core beliefs as Haz spoke about in her post.

I broke up with him because he had a DEEP DEEP hatred of Jewish people.

We would have long debates about Jewish people, but I couldn't convince him that they were not devil's children.

He truly believed ALL Jewish people were evil or cursed.

I realized he was taught these notions as a child and I wasn't capable of convincing him otherwise.

Of course NOT all Muslim people hate Jewish people.

You know better than all of us how he thinks and acts from your private conversations.
---Nicole_Lacey on 4/22/18


JM. The dangers in marrying a Muslim are:

1:If you divorce, Muslim husband takes the children. In Western countries Muslims are known for taking children back to their home country where the mother will never see her children again.

2:In Islam children from mixed marriages are expected to be raised as Muslim only.

3:Muslim men can marry non Muslim women, BUT Muslim women are forbidden to marry non Muslim men. The expectation is your Catholicism will die with you whilst Islam grows and dominates because Muslim husbands rule the family.

4:Islam considers women to be disposable property.

5:Islam teaches it's mostly women who go to Hell. No doubt this is how a true Muslim husband will see his non Muslim wife.
---Haz27 on 4/22/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Rehab Treatments


Most marriages between Catholics and Protestants are harder for Protestants than Catholics.

If any faith threaten to disown a love one 99% of the time it comes from Protestant families NOT Catholic families in United States.

Hard core Protestants are more difficult to live with than hard core Catholics.

Protestants even state Catholics are not Saved.

Catholics state Protestants who truly believe in their Faith are Saved but through the Church.

We state they do not have the fullness of Faith

They claim we DON'T have any Faith.

Catholics are more understanding.

But it seems according to your question you are not a practicing Catholic anyway.

Go to a Priest if you are a Catholic.
---Nicole_Lacey on 4/21/18


I believe the answer is in scripture not to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. Now if both were unbelievers when getting married, and then one became saved, you are to stay together, unless the unbeliever wants to leave. Then we are free to let them go without feeling it is a sin.

My sister married a Catholic, BUT neither Church ..Catholic or Protestant would marry them. Amazingly my sisters pastor led my brother in law to the Lord, and he got saved, and THEN her pastor married them. He never went back to the Catholic Church after that. His parents almost disowned him for marrying a non Catholic. So, I think marrying a Muslim would be even worse. ..and vice versa.
---kathr4453 on 4/21/18


Sorry Moderator, but you are wrong about Catholics marrying other faiths.

Catholics are strongly encouraged NOT to marry others from other faiths or no faith but we CAN (1 Cor 7:14) under strong guidelines.

Both must promise to raise their children in the Catholic faith.

As for your question about getting married in the Catholic Church: YES.

As a Catholic you yourself CANNOT get married outside a CATHOLIC CHURCH.

That is a twofold answer

Besides having a Catholic Priest or Deacon, that Priest or Deacon can't NOT married you outside a Catholic Church.

Not in a Protestant Church, on a beach, your backyard, cruise ship, gulf course or a resort.

You must get married INSIDE a Catholic Church.
---Nicole_Lacey on 4/21/18


jm: Why would you want to marry a Muslim? Do you want to give up being a person and become his property? Do you want to wear a bag over your head outside the home? Do you mind if he has other women as wives or concubines as well? All these are afforded him in the Koran.


---jerry6593 on 4/21/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Stocks


To him you are an infidel. Why are you dating a Muslim?
---KarenD on 4/20/18


I am very sure the answer is no.
---Samuelbb7 on 4/19/18


Why are you asking people on here instead of your own pastor?

You don't think most of the Protestants on these blogs would know Catholic Canon law on this matter, do you?

Go to your own pastor.

I know in the Orthodox Church, the faithful are NOT supposed to marry unbaptized persons (i.e., non-Christians).

Christ is risen!
---Cluny on 4/19/18


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.