ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Finished Work On The Cross

Nowhere does the Bible say, "finished work of Christ on the cross."

Why do so many people on these blogs believe something that is nowhere in the Bible?

Join Our Free Singles and Take The Salvation Bible Quiz
 ---Cluny on 10/18/18
     Helpful Blog Vote (2)

Post a New Blog



No David, you are adding something out of your own understanding. Just like the word REST doesn't mean to take a nap. If that's what You want to define it as, then you say, oh but we are not forever taking a nap...we still need to work...you can't nap and work at the same time. So Rest does not mean bla bla bla. correct...it doesn't. It doesn't mean what YOUR definition put to it means.

And the Finished works on the Cross also don't mean YOUR silly definition either.

Jesus said IT IS FINISHED. You either believe Him or you don't. He didn't say, OK we're ALMOST FINISHED did He?
---kathr4453 on 10/28/18


\\Yes Jesus, Fully God, Fully Man did. Don't think Jesus was 1/2 God and 1/2 man, or "just" man while He was here?\\

Congratulations, kathr.

This is entirely right.

It's also what the Orthodox Church teaches.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/28/18


kathr4453 wrote: So no human could keep or fulfill the Law.

Steveng wrote: Jesus did.

No mere human who had inherited Adam's fallen nature could keep or fulfill the Law. "For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". Of course, this excludes God himself (otherwise it leads to an absurd conclusion), but nobody else is exempt.
---StrongAxe on 10/28/18


(Matthew 5:18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Why would Jesus say, till Heaven and earth pass away, if the Law was fulfilled when Jesus died on the cross? Did heaven and earth pass away on that day?

(Romans 13:8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Why would Paul tell us, if we love our neighbor we have fulfilled the Law, if the Law was fulfilled on the cross? Can a man love his neighbor thousands of years before they are born. This must be true, if Jesus fulfilled the Law on the cross.

Something to think about...
---David on 10/28/18


Yes Jesus, Fully God, Fully Man did. Don't think Jesus was 1/2 God and 1/2 man, or "just" man while He was here? That's why I showed you Hebrews 2 ..hopefully you did read it. Please do so you won't keep coming back with silly comments.

Jesus said Before Abraham was I AM. I AM is GODS NAME.
---kathr4453 on 10/28/18




Kathr wrote: "So no human could keep or fulfill the Law."

Jesus did.
---Steveng on 10/27/18


Only God, who is sinless could fulfill the 10 commandments, because they are a reflection of GODS RIGHTEOUSNESS, not mans. So no human could keep or fulfill the Law. The Law pointed to sin, and the blood of bulls and goats was that covering for sin UNTIL The word was made flesh, took our sin, died in our place, rose again for our justification. Where now, WE individually can come boldly to the throne of Grace AKA the Mercy Seat...

Because Jesus was sinless, which ONLY GOD IS, He could take our sin. If Jesus had sin or was a sinner, He never would have risen from the dead. He is the SPOTLESS LAMB OF GOD. The WORD left Glory, humbled Himself, made in the form of a man to be able to die for our sin. Hebrews 2.
---kathr4453 on 10/27/18


Jesus fulfilled what the Ten Commandments couldn't.
---Steveng on 10/26/18


Cluny
Thank you for the correction.
---David on 10/26/18


Steven, Jesus is the WORD made flesh. The WORD was with God and is God.

Jesus even prayed to be Glorified after His death and resurrection the way He was Glorified before His incarnation....John 17:5.
---kathr4453 on 10/26/18




The bible does not mention anything about Jesus' boyhood except the time in the temple when he was twelve. Luke is quoted as saying: And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man. Luke 2:52 According to Luke, Jesus grew, matured, and improved to become something he was not prior. After all that training Jesus said to his Father: I have come to do your will, O God, Heb 10:7

Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit of God worked through Jesus as the Holy Spirit works through all christians - even doing miracles greater than Jesus.
---Steveng on 10/25/18


Steveng, hopefully your not saying Jesus didn't know He was going to die for our sin? I believe He stated in several ways His death and resurrection. He also seems to have known furure events in Matther 24-25, which has not happened yet. Also , Jesus was FOR-ORDAINED before the foundation of the world to take away sin.

Samuel, I totally agree. Although we do disagree on OSAS, that is not what IT IS FINISHED means. Now maybe the Calvinist's would argue that. However I would not.

We can now come directly to the Father through Jesus Christ without first having to go through an earthly priesthood. Jesus is now in Heaven the ONLY intermediate between God and man. It doesn't need to be made more complicated than it is.
---kathr4453 on 10/25/18


\\but only for those who except Christs Gospel.\\

To except is to reject.

The word you're looking for is "accept."

Steveng, Jesus is indeed God incarnate.

If you don't believe this, then you simply don't believe in the real Jesus, and are still in your sins.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/25/18


Kathr wrote: "Since Jesus knows beginning from end,.."

Jesus is not God like what most christians believe. He is not God the Son. Take a few minutes to read these verses:

Matthew 3:17
Matthew 12:32
Matthew 26:39,42
Mark 16:19
John 5:30
John 7:16
I Corinthians 8:6
I Corinthians 11:3
I Timothy 2:5
I John 5:5
II John 3

Jesus said that I could not do any of these miracles, but God the Father working through me. Jesus is one in the Spirit of God, but are not all true christians in the Spirit of God?

And to answer what you wrote: Mark 13:32
---Steveng on 10/25/18


What does the finished work of Christ on the cross mean?

Jesus died and finished his work of atonement on the cross. Some take that to mean once saved always saved. Which I cannot accept. But that his death paid for the sins of all humans and nothing can be added to that to saves us. That I do accept.

Works are the result of being saved and Born Again. They do not save.
---Samuelbb7 on 10/25/18


Therefore, according to the verse you yourself posted, "finished work on the cross" goes against what He actually said---Cluny

Good point, Cluny.
....And revealing it with the Gospel of Christ. The Truth will expose a lie...but only for those who except Christs Gospel....as the Truth.

Unfortunately....most do not.
---David on 10/25/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


Since Jesus knows beginning from end, He also knew He would be dying on a cross, SEE ISAIAH 53, and also knew He would be resurrected. Jesus wasn't asking God to Glorify Him then and there with the Glory He had before, was he Cluny? He was GLORIFIED after His ascention...we all know that. But John 17 ACCORDING TO YOUR THINKING would think Jesus was asking to be Glorified right then and there, before His death and resurrection. The Lord KNEW what was going to happen the next day. Are you really that slow? Of coarse not. Then maybe you are???? OR YOU just love arguing and trying any way you can to find a loop hole because you won't admit IT IS FINISHED, is what Jesus was talking about in John 4, 17 and 19.

Try again!
---kathr4453 on 10/25/18


Orthodox do not believe in the Finished works of Christ. There are many reasons why the Orthodox do not. For one Cluny the Orthodox said so, stating the ORTHODOX have added to what God Gave Jesus to do, as well as believing they pray for the dead , although they don't believe in purgatory, they still pray for the dead in hopes of altering the outcome of those who have not ACHIEVED PERFECTION IN THIS LIFE. You don't believe we are Perfected forever once and for all those who are sanctified through the body of Christ...Hebrews 10:10-18.

Because you don't see yourself IN CHRIST as Complete IN HIM, sanctified IN HIM, perfected IN HIM.

That's why Cluny, your very ORTHODOX doctrine is at odds with Scripture.
---kath4453 on 10/25/18


\\Jesus prayed to the Father...I HAVE FINISHED THE WORKS YOU GAVE ME TO DO.\\

The Savior said that at the Mystical Supper, the evening BEFORE the Crucifixion.

Therefore, according to the verse you yourself posted, "finished work on the cross" goes against what He actually said

Glory to Jesus Christ!.
---Cluny on 10/24/18


\\Cluny, I suggest you read what non Catholics believe IT IS FINISHED means.\\

Why should I care what either non-Catholics or Protestants believe?

I'm neither. I'm ORTHODOX.

Do you understand that yet?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/24/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


Simply put: Christ fulfilled God's word that the Ten Commandments couldn't.
---Steveng on 10/24/18


Monk I never said i dont believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I said you all show a double standard fussing about words not in scripture.

Yet you all have more words not in scripture you want others to believe. Why the double standard? You want others to take your word, you showing scripture as a proof of your word, but yell foul when others do the same. Even Strongaxe sees the hypocricy. He gets it, so why not you?
---kathr4453 on 10/24/18


Kathr4453 said, "It's so funny that the Orthodox and RCC take such pride in the doctrine of the Trinity, yet the very word is never stated in scripture. So why the double standard."

Does that mean that you DON'T believe in the Holy Spirit?--Or is it God the Father? Maybe you only believe in the Jesus God, without the Father or Holy Spirit? Yet Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are ALL in the Bible!
---Monk_Brendan on 10/24/18


Well they are linked in several ways. One is neither of you understand the IT IS FINISHED, according to scripture. Yes you may differ on other points, but that's not what this discussion is about.

Jesus prayed to the Father...I HAVE FINISHED THE WORKS YOU GAVE ME TO DO.

The problem is Cluny, YOU feel the need to add to what the Father sent Jesus to do, stating it is not finished. So who do we believe, you or Jesus? I think that's a no brainer, don't you? Unless you have some grandiose idea you are a god, or maybe even God, or better yet a RCC Pope who believes he has the authority to translate and redefine scripture.

You always have to turn discussions into your mean spirited disposition.
---kathr4453 on 10/24/18


Shop For Church Seating


\\ You don't because you think bullying a woman is easier then bullying men. Such a coward. \\

This remark is not only childish but sexist.

You claim you're being bullied, but you seem to be holding your own.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/24/18


\\I'm done arguing with your false doctrine.\\

And I with yours.

Your gratuitous linking of Roman Catholicism with Orthodoxy only demonstrates your abysmal ignorance about either.

Therefore, you have no idea about WHAT I believe.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/24/18


Cluny, I suggest you read what non Catholics believe IT IS FINISHED means. It's all been posted here by non Catholics. We are all in agreement, except for you Nicole and Monk.

So this arguing that you are right and we are wrong is rediculous. We do not believe the doctrines of Orthodox and RCC on this point. GET OVER IT.

Argue you case with the others Cluny. You don't because you think bullying a woman is easier then bullying men. Such a coward.

I'm done arguing with your false doctrine. We know what we believe and why. YOU can't change that.
---kathr4453 on 10/24/18


cluny, we have john 4:34, then John 17:4-5, John 19:30. THREE supporting scriptures on IT IS FINISHED. I woud say Romans 5: 18-19 fit in here perfectly. Jesus became obedient unto death, Philippians 2:5-8 and NOW Hebrews 9:12 fit in here perfectly, as does 1 Corinthians 15:21, 45.

I love Romans 5:10. There could be no Romans 5 verse 10 or the whole chapter without the Finished Works of Christ ON THE CROSS. He did the will of the Faher, became obedient unto death, even death of the cross. This is the IT IS FINISHED and what John 17 is all about. He is now Glorified, In Heaven, ....
He said I HAVE FINISHED THE WORKS YOU GAVE ME.....

So stop calling Jesus a LIAR.
---kath4453 on 10/24/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


no, kathr, YOU are the one who doesn't get it.

I suggest you read Romans 5:10.

The verse you quoted is talking about the ASCENSION, not "finished work on the cross."

Once some wag said that there will be not just two,but THREE names on Our Lord's thigh: "King of kings. Lord of lords. Personal savior."

I guess you think that the fourth inscription will be "Finished work on the cross."

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/23/18


Cluny, not according to scripture. Trey already showed you this.

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

First, the Holy of Holies is Heaven. Having obtained...does not say....CONTINUING TO TRY TO OBTAIN for us.

Maybe the problem is you just don't understand. Just because you don't understand doesn't make it a lie. It just means YOU don't get it. My faith is not based on what you get and don't get.
---kathr4453 on 10/23/18


Our works do not save us. Our works are the fruit of us being saved.

The words Righteousness is found through out the Bible.

Rom 3:25

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God,

We are saved by the Grace of GOD alone. We are made righteous by being Born Again.

We are created to do good works. Ephesians 2.

Love works. Matthew 25. Those who don't love no matter their words will be lost. Read 1John. Romans 6
---Samuelbb7 on 10/23/18


What does Walla mean in French?
So now you know - WALLA means "Voila (French for 'here it is')" - don't thank us. YW! What does WALLA mean? WALLA is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word that is explained above where the WALLA definition is given.



So, here you make a big deal saying there is no such word as WALLA. Sorry Cluny, that is not what this says. if you can't get simple things right, why should you be believed on bigger things.
---kathr4453 on 10/23/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


My objection to "finished work on the cross," aside from the fact it's nowhere in the Bible, which actually teaches against it, is that it's incomplete.

It omits the Resurrection, Ascension, Session, and the Parousia, all of which are salvific, too.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/23/18


\\ I know you believe ingesting Him you believe He's in you, but are YOU IN HIM? \\

Yes, I am.

The real question is are YOU in Him?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/23/18


Kathr, even Paul disagrees with you.

Romans 13:11-14

11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over, the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

So how come Paul THINKS we have to work on our Salvation if we are ALREADY SAVED when we FIRST BELIEVED?
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/23/18


This argument is nothing new, as it is actually a MAJOR POINT of separation between Catholic/Orthodox and Protestants. Because they believe they have to WORK TOWARDS PERFECTION, and those who don't quite make it go to purgatory to be purified and perfected, is the point of contention here.

We believe Hebrews 10, that God has perfected once and for all those who are sanctified In Christ. We believe we are Complete IN HIM, Colossians 1-2. WE also believe being IN CHRIST who is our righteousness will never be separated from the Lord, Romans 8. And that there is now no condemnation to those IN CHRIST.

Are YOU IN CHRIST Cluny? I know you believe ingesting Him you believe He's in you, but are YOU IN HIM?
---kathr4453 on 10/23/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Counseling


Make sure He doesn't say it to you, kathr.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/22/18


Cluny, its not that you believe in Jesus, but WHAT you believe about Jesus. You don't even believe in the finished works of Christ.

If many will say Lord Lord...they obviously believe in Jesus, but they didn't do the Will of the Father, so it didnt do them a bit of good did it. Jesus tells them I never knew you.
---kathr4453 on 10/22/18


The angels are the ones who bring in the harvest (Matthew 13:39), but before that, seeds must be planted, and that's the job of evangelists.---StrongAxe

I agree, the evangelist is to plant the seed. But is a seed ready for harvest the moment after it is planted?

If the evangelist is merely planting the seed, why do they tell these folks they have been born again? Look at (Matthew 13: 19-23). Does the Lord indicate instantaneous gestation anywhere, in his explanation of the parable?

Now if the evangelist tells folks they are saved the moment they recieve Jesus into their hearts, are they not claiming the seed they have just sown, is now ready for the harvest?
---David on 10/22/18


StrongAxe: That's what I tried typing.

kathr: Keep on thinking what you want to think if it makes you feel good.

I'll continue to believe in Jesus Himself.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/21/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Relief


1 Corinthians 5:7

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

The Passover pointed to Jesus Christ. just as the sabbath pointed to Jesus Christ. All these OT types and shadows are fulfilled in Christ Himself.
---kathr453 on 10/21/18


Kathr, why can't you let people explain what their faith believes?

Why don't you EXPLAIN your own faith and ONLY your own faith.

BTW, I keep asking but you REFUSE to tell us your denomination.

You love to examine other people but will not tell us your denomination.

(If you have told us I will apologize now. If not please tell us.)

BTW, we know you are a Christian.

I want to know what KIND of a Christian as in what does your Church CLAIMS of a concern Christian?

---Nicole_Lacey on 10/21/18


David:

The angels are the ones who bring in the harvest (Matthew 13:39), but before that, seeds must be planted, and that's the job of evangelists.


Cluny:

You wrote: BTW, the French word you elsewhere misspelled as WALLA is actually spelled, "Voil".

Actually, it's "voila" (the "a" should have a grave accent, but there appears to be no way to enter that on this site, if you enter the character directly, it's erased, and if you include the proper HTML escape sequence & agrave, the site puts a space after the & and turns the semicolon into a comma, both of which ruin it.)
---StrongAxe on 10/21/18


Cluny, is this your answer to salvation? That you who cannot spell and post some strange words, looking like you are in a rush, is something we all overlook, because it has nothing to do with the blog question? But for your Orthodox doctrine on salvation, perfect punctuation etc is striving to be GOD-LIKE?

Yes we know God is a perfect speller and uses perfect punctuation, as you THINK you do as well. IS that what becoming GOD-LIKE is, hoping that will get you into heaven? Well if that's all you have going for you, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

And somehow your catty grumpy sarcastic comments you think are GOD-Like? YOU, not Melody are filled with delusions. Wow, just more false doctrine from the Orthodox religion.
---kathr4453 on 10/21/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Settlement


trey said, "Christ said he finished something. What do you think he finished?"

When the Lord Jesus Christ uttered the Blessed Words, "Tetelestai." meaning "It Is Finished." he meant he finished the work removing all hinderances and barriers to bringing his elect to himself because he had satisfied The Justice of his Father by bearing his Father's Wrath against sinners...

---john9346 on 10/21/18


kathr, I've told you before that NO English plural uses an apostrophe.

Don't you get it?

I've taught English, so you can trust me on this one.

BTW, the French word you elsewhere misspelled as WALLA is actually spelled, "Voil".

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/20/18


As I told Kathr, Jesus was speaking about the Passover when He said it is finished.

Even the Jews accepted that answer since Jesus only drank 3 cups of wine during the Passover.

Story the Passover/Sedar meal and you will realize how many cups of wine has to be consume.

Jesus is the Lamb that isn't Passed over
---Nicole_Lacey on 10/20/18


Requiring one believe in a certain theory about salvation is actually a work, because YOU are the one who does the believing.---Cluny

Thousands of folks went to one of Billy Grahams crusades, where they were led to believe they were saved,...by merely accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. Instantly Saved, when they did what Billy told them to do at his meeting.

Now if they were saved, as Billy believed, that made him the harvester. He unwittingly took on the role of God. Protestants believe they are saved when they decide to be saved, not when God decides to save them.

My hope is the Protestant believer will see the foolishness of this teaching, and follow the salvation message of Christ, so they can be saved.
---David on 10/21/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Distance Learning


Cluny, I posted on another blog exactly what the Orthodox believe. Your doctrine of striving to be God-like, and that you dont "achieve" salvation until you do, sounds more like Hinduism than Christianity. Or is that ANOTHER Orthodox teaching. I got it right off an Orthodox website. Also we are not being restored back to what Adam and Eve were before the fall. They were never IN CHRIST before the fall. They were never begotten sons THROUGH Jesus Christ before the fall. They were never promised to be GLORIFIED TOGETHER WITH CHRIST, before the fall.

I know what I believe Cluny, and its NOT the doctrine the Orthodox teach.
---kathr4453 on 10/21/18


When we RECIEVE / ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST, we are receiving Gods ONLY WAY of reconciliation back to the Father, which is firstly the forgivness of our sin. I RECEIVE/ ACCEPT, BY FAITH His Son and by doing so, we see in Romans 6, DON'T YOU KNOW, that in doing so you were baptized into His death and then raised up together with Him a New Creature...whereby we are now in Christ and He in us= begotten son's through Jesus Christ. 1John says we must pass from death to life here and now. When we died with Christ, we DIED TO SIN. Now we are being comforted to His image and changed from Glory to Glory by the spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 3. Now we are His workmanship created unto good works, not the other way around.
---kathr4453 on 10/20/18


\\How do you share to Gospel with the lost?\\

I'm happy to tell anyone about our Savior at any time, any place.

I've been trying to tell YOU about Him, but you keep on rejecting Him.

Requiring one believe in a certain theory about salvation is actually a work, because YOU are the one who does the believing.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/20/18


\\Cluny Most use the word saved to mean they will not go to hell. But Jesus saves us from living in sin. \\

What you call "perfection," Orthodox call theosis.

This is throughout the NT. It means being drawn into the inner life of the Trinity.

It's what, among other things, the ZOIN AIONION of John 3:16 talks about.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/20/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Education


Cluny are you getting to old to read and comprehend? I said YOUR excuse for not knowing HOW Jesus saves is shallow, if you fail to see or comprehend the finished works of Christ....you call a theory. It's all in scripture. It is not shallow either but just may be too deep for you to understand, making YOU and your understanding SHALLOW.

How do you witness Cluny? How do you share to Gospel with the lost? How do you answer their questions? Or don't you, because you can't.

All this defensive attitude of yours started because YOU decided the finished works of Christ is a theory.

So I guess the doctrine of the Trinity is a THEORY TOO.
---kathr4453 on 10/19/18


Cluny, your last two comments make no sense at all. Sounds like rambling. I'm not being sarcastic, but are you unwell?

Here's something to think about. After you die, and you come face to face with God, and He asks...WHY SHOULD I LET YOU INTO MY HEAVEN.....what will you say? Why should God let you into heaven Cluny? Is it because of your good works, your faithful,sacraments, hours of prayer for others,..what? Now think of it the other way, what if you found you were not let in....how would you present your case that you should be let in?

Do the promises of God mean anything to you? Can God renege on His promises? Is your faith in His promises? Do you even KNOW any of His promises?
---kath4453 on 10/19/18


One That when you accept Jesus as your savior. Then all sins past, present and future are forgiven by the finished work on the cross.---Samuelbb7

And there it is. You can hope for salvation...but you are not saved because you made the decision to be saved. This absurdity is the cornerstone of all the Protestant teachings.

This decision is made by God, and God makes this decision based on how you serve Jesus Christ.(John 14:21) You must obey his commands, or you can not call yourself his servants. (Luke 6:46) God will save the Lords servants (Romans 2:13).

Bottom line
We are loved by God the Father because of our service to the Lord, and God will save.... those he loves.
---David on 10/20/18


"One That when you accept Jesus as your savior. A phrase the Bible nowhere uses." To as many as receive Him, to them He gives the power to become, the sons of God. To receive Him, is to accept Him. The phrase you mentioned is not there, however the concept is. Personally, I prefer the word acknowledge. My problem is with one who thinks themselves able, and professes to make Jesus Lord. To me, that suggest an attempted self effort, putting ones faith in oneself to do... Jesus is Lord, and Savior, It is Finished.
---josef on 10/20/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Home Equity Loans


Cluny Most use the word saved to mean they will not go to hell. But Jesus saves us from living in sin.

Rom 6:18

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Rom 6:22

But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

I am not speaking of being perfect immediately. We must die to self.

We are saved by Grace through faith.
---Samuelbb7 on 10/20/18


How strange to say that Jesus saves--and you call this expression shallow.

You're proving my point, kathr. You're putting your faith in yourself instead of Jesus Himself.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/19/18


I don't know about you, kathr, but I prefer to let Jesus handle things about my salvation.

He's not going to fail me.

And I don't need to back-seat drive on my way to the World to Come.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/19/18


HOW WERE YOU SAVED BY HIM. When Adam and Eve sinned, all the human race fell from the Glory of God. All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. God did not abandon man. Hebrews 2 lays the foundation of the Gospel.

Before the Foundation of the world God already had a plan for salvation. Jesus was for-ordained to take away sin. When Adam and Eve sinned, God COVERED THEM, also representing a sin covering, see Hebrews 10. Abel sacrificed, offering a blood sacrifice, pointing to the redeemer, promised in Genesis 3:15 . It's SIN that separates man from God. Jesus paid OUR SIN DEBT by dying for ALL SIN, and being raised up showing redemption was accepted and completed. If it were incomplete Jesus would never have risen.
---kathr4453 on 10/19/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Interest Rates


Cluny, I believe it is important to know EXACTLY how one is saved. Take you for example. All you say is Jesus saves, but give no assurance to anyone by such a shallow statement. God is very explicit and detailed as to HOW we are saved. If you don't know how you are saved, you are then vulnerable to all sorts of false doctrine. li,e the Calvinist's for example. They would say God picks and chooses based on His good humor. That WALLA, while you were sleeping, God saved you. YOU should want to know, because your eternal soul depends on it. Who wants to guess at such a thing. I Have assurance, because I KNOW how God saved me. There is only ONE Gospel that saves.
---kathr4453 on 10/19/18


\\
One That when you accept Jesus as your savior. \\

A phrase the Bible nowhere uses.

Orthodox understanding: Jesus saves: no ifs, no ands, no buts.

ANYONE who is saved is saved by Him.

This is why I say that our faith should be in Him alone, not a theory about how He saves us. Otherwise, you are putting your faith in your own faith, which means in yourself.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/19/18


Dear Cluny could you please explain your understanding.

In Protestant circles there are two understandings.

One That when you accept Jesus as your savior. Then all sins past, present and future are forgiven by the finished work on the cross.

The other which as a Seventh day Adventist we agree too. All your past sins are forgiven. All the forgiveness for future sins is available. But you can choose to refuse to be forgiven and be lost.

Agape
---Samuelbb7 on 10/19/18


\\ut by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place,\\

Sounds to me like the Ascension, trey.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/19/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Marketing


Thank you Trey for the back up scripture. Perfect.

I'm really surprised this is something foreign to Cluny and David. Makes me wonder how many really don't know or understand the Gospel.

Hebrews is one of the most awesome books in the Bible when it comes to the doctrine of Christ and what His death and resurrection means concerning the Gospel. Also,if it were not FINISHED, there would be no way we could ENTER HIS REST. Also in Hebrews 3 and 4 explained. The two are complimentary to IT IS FINISHED as well.
---kathr4453 on 10/19/18


Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Having obtained eternal redemption for us - past tense - sounds like Christ finished the work of redemption on the cross.

Kathr, beautiful comments. Amen!!!
---trey on 10/19/18


Again,....this is typical of a man made doctrine. The only way we can know a lie, is to measure it by what we know to be the Truth. We, as Christians, know theTruth is written in the Gospel of Christ.

If your doctrine can not be supported, alone, by the Gospel of Christ, you....are following a false doctrine.

Every teacher in the Bible, founded their teachings on the Gospel of Christ. No one taught, Peter, John, James, or Paul. They all taught the Gospel, Jesus taught them. But when you go into a Church today, they do not teach the Gospel, they teach Peter, John, James or Paul.

Nothing wrong with that, if the foundation of those teachings can be found in the Gospel of Christ.
---David on 10/19/18


He said, 'It is finished'?"

Answer: Of the last sayings of Christ on the cross, none is more important or more poignant than, It is finished. Found only in the Gospel of John, the Greek word translated it is finished is tetelestai, an accounting term that means paid in full. When Jesus uttered those words, He was declaring the debt owed to His Father was wiped away completely and forever. Not that Jesus wiped away any debt that He owed to the Father, rather, Jesus eliminated the debt owed by mankindthe debt of sin.
---kathr4453 on 10/19/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Life Insurance


Yes, the Last man Adam AKA JESUS CHRIST , is that life giving Spirit, so says 1 Corinthians 15. We're saved by Jesus risen life. He will never have to die again. It's finished. Once and for all.

Scripture says it so many ways, it's hard to miss. We are COMPLETE IN HIM. when Jeuss rose from the dead, all those in the OT are NOW the spirits of JUST MEN MADE PERFECT. Hebrews 12. Their perfection came when Jesus rose from the dead.

We are justified by His Blood and saved by His RISEN LIFE. This in the NT is what being saved BY GRACE is all about.
---kathr4453 on 10/18/18


\\I find it interesting that the Orthodox or the RCC simply do not grasp? Would it be because they preach ANOTHER gospel?\\

Yes. What you call "another" Gospel is the original Gospel preached by the Apostles.

Protestants are the ones preaching another gospel.

What do you actually KNOW about what the Roman Catholic and Orthodox Churches teach? And where did you get your information?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/18/18


Cluny:

When Jesus said "it is finished", at that moment he died, so not only was his death accomplished, but the work of his life was also complete, since he was no longer alive.

Also, kathr4453 is right in that you can't on the one hand insist on believing many things that aren't actually written in scripture, relying on tradition, while also pooh-pooing others who believe other things that aren't actually written in scripture either, dismissing those as merely tradition.
---StrongAxe on 10/18/18


Cluny, Jesus wasn't riding His bicycle when He said IT IS FINISHED. Interestingly as well, at that moment the veil int Temple was rent from top to bottom, also signifying the way into the Holy of Holies was open for all. Whosoever will may come boldly to the throne of Grace. No more earthly High Priest standing in the Way. Jesus is who open the way and today we come to the Father through His son.

It's so funny that the Orthodox and RCC take such pride in the doctrine of the Trinity, yet the very word is never stated in scripture. So why the double standard.

I find it interesting that the Orthodox or the RCC simply do not grasp? Would it be because they preach ANOTHER gospel?
---kathr4453 on 10/18/18


Read These Insightful Articles About Make Money


You don't think that Jesus meant the unbiblical expression "finshed work on the cross," do you, trey?

Here's what the Bible actually says.

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 10/18/18


Cluny,

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Christ said he finished something. What do you think he finished?
---trey on 10/18/18


The finished work of Christ is simply a reference to Jesus' last words on the cross before He died. His work is finished. Why do you question that?
---josef on 10/18/18


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.