ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Is Jesus God

Why do many christians believe that Jesus is God?

Join Our Christian Penpals and Take The Who Is Jesus Bible Quiz
 ---Steveng on 1/2/19
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Post a New Blog



//Hebrews 1//- John 9346.

Paul is not identifying Jesus with anyone in Hebrews 1. Rather, Paul describes the qualities Jesus has as one worthy to "sit at God's right hand"- Heb.1:13.

Jesus has the WISDOM of his Father, Jehovah. That's why Paul quoted Ps.102:25-27 and applied it to Jesus (Heb.1:10-12). The Hebrew speaking Christians would have understood that.

Jesus also has the WISDOM of wise King Solomon. That's why Paul quoted 2 Sam.7:14 (Heb.1:5). The Hebrew speaking Christians would have understood that too.

Paul then begs the question, "To which of the angels did God ever say, "Sit at my right hand..."?- Heb.1:13

Only one Angel can do that!- 1 Thess.4:16.
---David8318 on 1/12/19


//Heb 1 contradicts you vs 5, 6, and 8//- John9346.

It certainly contradicts and confuses John9346.

If we apply John9346 bizarre logic at Hebrews 1, and believe Jesus & Jehovah are one and the same, we must also believe Solomon and Jesus are also one and the same.

Hebrews 1:5b quotes from 2 Samuel 7:14 and is applied to Jesus. Although that text had its first application to Solomon, the later application of it to Jesus does not mean that Solomon and Jesus are the same. Unless you want to follow John9346 peculiar logic.

Jesus is not Solomon anymore than he is Jehovah. John9346, like Strongaxe, have removed, inserted & twisted scripture so much they can no longer see beyond their trinity dogma!
---David8318 on 1/12/19


david8318 said, "
Paul applied Ps.102:25-27 to Jesus because Paul said elsewhere that the Son is the one through whom Jehovah performed creative works- Col.1:15,16."

But the context of Paul writing in Heb 1 contradicts you vs 5, 6, and 8.

Col 1:15-17 Paul establishes that Jesus is Jehovah because only Jehovah alone can create not a mere clreature as your asserting...

Also, firstborn means preeminace not a matter of being born...

David8318 refuses to address Heb 1:10-12 and even though he cite Col 1:15-17 Paul utterly contradicts him...

Sir, I plead with you to repent and call on Jesus The Only True God to save you...

---john9346 on 1/12/19


//firstborn means preeminace [sic]//- John9346.

If "firstborn" means 'pre-eminence', why are the Father and the holy spirit not also "the firstborn of all creation"? It is only applied to the Son.

The expression "the firstborn of" occurs nearly 30 times, and in each scriptural case when applied to living beings the same meaning applies- the firstborn is part of the group. "The firstborn of Israel" is one of the sons of Israel, "the firstborn of Pharaoh" is one of Pharaohs family.

What, then, causes trinitarians to ascribe a different meaning to 'firstborn' at Col.1:15? Is it Bible usage or is it a belief to which they already hold and for which they seek proof?
---David8318 on 1/12/19


I Have issues with Constantine. He turned Christianity violent. But he did not write the Bible. And it's scripture itself that reveal the Triune God.
---kathr4453 on 1/11/19




david8318 said, "
Paul applied Ps.102:25-27 to Jesus because Paul said elsewhere that the Son is the one through whom Jehovah performed creative works- Col.1:15,16."

But the context of Paul writing in Heb 1 contradicts you vs 5, 6, and 8.

Col 1:15-17 Paul establishes that Jesus is Jehovah because only Jehovah alone can create not a mere clreature as your asserting...

Also, firstborn means preeminace not a matter of being born...

David8318 refuses to address Heb 1:10-12 and even though he cite Col 1:15-17 Paul utterly contradicts him...

Sir, I plead with you to repent and call on Jesus The Only True God to save you...
---john9346 on 1/11/19


David8318:

What Constantine said was irrelevant, as no Christians today consider Constantine's words to be authoritative teachings on doctrine and belief, nor infallibly correct.

Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs derive from Miller. Should we codemn all JWs alive today because Miller made false prophecies in 1843-1844? Only if they hold fast to him, despite his errors.

You deny the death of Jesus Christ and you deny the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

That is a lie. You just make one faulty inference, and follow that inference to a faulty conclusion. Show ONE SINGLE person on these blogs (whom you have been speaking with), or trinitarian Christian church that TEACHES Jesus did not die, or was not resurrected.
---StrongAxe on 1/11/19


//changing passages to please their readers//- Michael.

Which is exactly what your trinitarian translators have done. They add words at 1 John 5:7 and have removed God's name in all 6828 places in the OT to please readers like yourself.

//Their leader was a false leader//

Your leader Pagan Roman Emperor Constantine who spun your trinity dogma is no saint! Constantine's pagan trinity has led you into antichrist teaching, spouting "Jesus was God and He cannot die".

You deny the death of Jesus Christ and you deny the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Yours is a false doctrine and a false gospel!
---David8318 on 1/11/19


David8318:

Saying "well, you do it too" doesn't make your hands clean - it says "your hands are as dirty as mine".

My father was born in Europe in 1915, yet his life expectancy was almost 102 years.

I was talking about PROPHESYING. Saying "We look for Jesus' coming" is fine and expected. Saying "Jesus will definitely return in 1914" was NOT fine. That is called false prophecy, which is universally condemned in both old and new testaments.

Which trinitarians have "prophesied war and destruction"? In particular, which trinitarians who claim to speak for all trinitarians, and thus assume the mantle of prophets, as the Watchtower Society does?
---StrongAxe on 1/10/19


//you would not feel the need to add words//- Strongaxe.

You must be thinking of trinitarians adding words at 1 John 5:7 or removing words 6828 times from the Bible.

//one should not listen to that prophet//

Of course trinitarians have only prophesied war and destruction. If strongaxe had been alive in the years 1914-18 or 1939-1945 his life expectancy would have been a matter of months! Strongaxe trinitarian priests on both sides sent young men and women to their un-timely deaths.

Like Christ's apostles, JW's on the other hand were looking out for Jesus' coming. I'd rather keep on the watch for Christ's return than be involved with trinitarian war-mongering!

The trinity creates prophets of war & death!
---David8318 on 1/10/19




David8318:

If you TRULY believed what the Bible teaches, you would not feel the need to add words to it that aren't actually there in order to correct its message.

The Bible says if a prophet speaks in Jehovah's name, but what he says does not come to pass, that prophet is not speaking for Jehovah, and one should not listen to that prophet. Furthermore, such a prophet should be stoned to death.

The Watchtower Society has prophesied time and again that Jesus would return in this year and that, and was proven wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME. If you TRULY believed what the Bible teaches, you would leave the Watchtower Society (Revelation 18:4) that is a false prophet by its very own teachings.
---StrongAxe on 1/10/19


David, first, you have to read the real Bible, not the New World Translation. That book is false, written by people who knew nothing about Greek or Hebrew.They went around changing passages to please their readers, people like you who believe their lies, and are trapped in a false doctrine. Only God can change the hearts of Jehovah Witnesses. Their leader was a false leader.
Now here is what I said, I said that the physical body of Jesus was beaten, and nailed to the cross where he physically died. But His Spirit never died. His physical body rose from the dead on the third day.
---Michael on 1/10/19


So by your own standards David 8318, you are teaching a false doctrine...correct?

One thing we CAN conclude by many scriptures is Jesus is NOT Michael, then or now. Michael we see in Revelation is still Michael and that is yet to come. THE MAN CHRIST JESUS then cannot be Michael.

If Michael can be made lower than the Angels, why can't Gods seed? Angels are not GODS SEED. There are not MANY SEEDS, BUT ONE SEED WHICH IS CHRIST. GALATIANS MAKES THIS CLEAR. Yet if Michael is the SEED, then there are may seeds re many Angels.

We can do this till the cows come home. Scripture itself tells us Michael is not now nor ever was THE WORD made flesh.
---kathr4453 on 1/10/19


//based on twisting scripture//- Strongaxe.

And I have shown where trinitarians have removed words from the Bible, at least 6828 times by removing God's name. And twisting scripture, namely lyingly and deceitfully inserting words at 1 Jo.5:7! Oh... pot, kettle, black... back at you.

All this trinitarian deceit to support pagan Emperor Constantine's pathetic pseudo trinity dogma. There is a reason why Constantine's church was called the "Roman" Catholic Church! Where pagan Rome ended, pagan RCC took over with its pagan trinity teaching!

JW's believe what the Bible teaches. Jesus died and was raised on the 3rd day, thus Jesus is not God because God is eternal and cannot die.
---David8318 on 1/10/19


thus Jesus is not God because God is eternal and cannot die.
---David8318 on 1/10/19

Hello David. I see you are back attacking us Trinitarians.

As you know, we will never be reconciled about Jesus being God.

The mystery that is God, is not fully known to us. But what we know based on John 1:1, is that Jesus was either God or a god (as you believe). Either way, we are either Trinitarians or polytheists.

If you want to say Jesus dying means He is not God, then how can Jesus create all things in John 1:3 (which John repeats for emphasis) as a human being?

There is more to Jesus than we know. Jesus is bigger than we imagine. The writers of the Bible knew this. We have limited his role over the centuries.
---Mark_Eaton on 1/10/19


//JW teaching Jesus both is and is not an angel//
- Strongaxe.

That is not JW teaching.

What strongaxe should be more concerned about is unravelling the pagan trinity confusion, perhaps even abandoning it. If Jesus is "God":

1. How can "God" die? God is eternal!

2. Who resurrected "God" on the 3rd day? (Mt.16:21, 17:22, 20:19, 27:64)

3. Why is the holy spirit never referred to as "God"?

The simple answer: Pagan Roman Emperor Constantine's trinity dogma just doesn't fit into scripture. Unless of course you're a trinitarian "remove, insert and twist" translator!

"Remove, insert and twist" must be the trinitarian mantra!
---David8318 on 1/10/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Lead Generation


//Paul is contradicting himself//- John9346.

No, John9346 is the one floundering in contradictions.

Again... the Bible teaches that Jesus died and was raised on the 3rd day, thus Jesus is not God because God is eternal and cannot die.

If Jesus is 'God' as John9346 thinks Heb.1:10-12 says, then John9346 denies the death & resurrection of Christ on the 3rd day.

Paul applied Ps.102:25-27 to Jesus because Paul said elsewhere that the Son is the one through whom Jehovah performed creative works- Col.1:15,16.

God said, "Let us make man..." (Ge.1:26). Who was God talking to? Another God? Or his Son who was also involved in 'laying the foundations of the earth'? (Pr.8:27-30, Heb.1:10)
---David8318 on 1/10/19


//No scripture says "Jesus" was another name for Michael//- kathr4453.

No scripture says "Jesus is God".

No scripture says "God the Son".

No scripture says "trinity".

No scripture says "God the holy spirit".

No scripture says "the holy spirit is God".

No scripture says "Jesus was God incarnate".

What scripture does say is, "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven... with the voice of the archangel"- 1 Thess.4:16. (NIV) A future time when the resurrection starts.

Trinitarians cannot provide one shred of scriptural evidence for pagan Emperor Constantine's trinity dogma!
---David8318 on 1/10/19


Melody:

I am trying to prove JW doctrine is based on twisting scripture.


David8318:

What I'm confused about is JW teaching Jesus both is and is not an angel.

You wrote: I agree, it's deceitful of trinitarians to insert words into the Bible to push pagan Constantine's trinity dogma, eg. at 1 John 5:7.

It's JUST AS DECEITFUL for JWs to insert words into the Bible to push their NON-trinity dogma. Pot, kettle, black.

By what stretch of the imagination is NWT use of "other" "legitimate"? It is implied by neither grammar nor context. The ONLY reason to insert it is to preserve the notion that Jesus was a created being, absolutely essential to JW doctrine.
---StrongAxe on 1/10/19


//That is EXACTLY what can be said//- Strongaxe.

I agree, it's deceitful of trinitarians to insert words into the Bible to push pagan Constantine's trinity dogma, eg. at 1 John 5:7.

I can understand Strongaxe bluster at NWT's legitimate use of "other" at Col.1:16. Afterall, trinitarians must have spent ages removing the 6828 occurences of God's name [YHWH], and inserting words at 1 Jo.5:7.

Then along comes the NWT, legitimately uses "other" at Col.1:16 and in doing so, that one word completely destroys the reason why trinitarians removed God's name 6828 times in the first place!

One word and the work of corrupt trinitarian translators comes crashing down! Brilliant! (Can you hear me laughing!?)
---David8318 on 1/10/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


David Those of us who are Trinitarians have not altered the Bible. True it has been translated many times. Also true some translations are not very good. But no we have and never did alter the Bible.

The Doctrine of the Trinity is based on Bible study. I am a Seventh day Adventist Christian. Our church argued on the Trinity for many years. Before all came to agree that the Bible teaches the doctrine of the Trinity.

While on earth Jesus was the word. GOD and man at the same time. So while the man Jesus was dead. GOD was still alive. WE can ask GOD how that works when we get to heaven.
---Samuelbb7 on 1/10/19


No scripture says "Jesus" was another name for Michael. The WORD was made flesh., and then named Jesus.

The WORD is not Michael. Michael is Michael. No scripture says Michael was made flesh either.

Jesus is the LAST ADAM. The first ADAM was not an angel. So Michael cannot be the LAST ADAM.

It will be hard to pin David 8318 down on these points because he has a sneaky way of evading these points.

I John 1:1-2 say the Apostles handles the WORD OF LIFE, who is ETERNAL LIFE. Michael was never nor ever will be eternal life. eternal Life has no beginning of days or end of days....and Michael, being created by God had a beginning somewhere. However THE WORD IS ETERNAL.
---kathr4453 on 1/10/19


Axe, David and others:

If you are going to give credit to the cultists as TJW, the Mormons, the RCC and others about our LORD JESUS CHRIST and under their blasphemous teachings (instead of calling upon THE LORD that through HIS HOLY SPIRIT will give you the right discernment about HIS DIETY AND ONENNESS with THE FATHER?) then you'll keep on getting into a spiritual turmoil that not only will keep on affecting your relationship with THE LORD but in every other respect - as for THE LORD all blessings comes - without HIM we couldn't have anything and yes - sad to say it - what a waste time for us to be in this world so full of suffering, disappointments, and as HIS WORD says 'a constant battle between The Spirit and the flesh"!
---Melody on 1/9/19


//Now I'm confused//- Strongaxe.

So strongaxe is confused with the Bible teaching that Jesus was "made flesh" and "was made lower" than the angels? Does Strongaxe no longer believe Jesus left heaven and came to the earth "in the flesh"? When did Strongaxe stop believing that?

In the context of what I said:

"Jesus was made flesh, a human being when on earth... Jesus was not an angel neither was he God!"

The context of Heb.2:5-9 confirms this truth- for Jesus to come to earth, he had to be "made lower than angels".

I suppose as trinitarians have altered, inserted and removed scripture over 6828+ times, I am not surprised Strongaxe is confused.
---David8318 on 1/10/19


Shop For Church Furniture


Is Michael able to do what God cannot? Did the Holy Spirit overshadow Mary with an angel SEED....(Galatians ...the SEED IS CHRIST) 1St John says if HIS SEED is in you you cannot sin. 1John 3:9 We know the seed is Christ who is God correct. But are they saying the seed is Michael , the angel. Also that they will be like Michael 1 John 3:2...Let's see this again. GOD CANNOT SIN , we know this, but Angels CAN and have SINNED. Satan was the highest angel, higher than Michael.

So their CHRIST in you is an angel .

Also there is only one mediator between God and man THE MAN CHRIST JESUS. So did Michael Remain a man or is he back to an angel....And aren't we forbidden to worship Angels?

It's all so convoluted.
---kathr4453 on 1/10/19


David8318:

You wrote: Jesus was not an angel neither was he God!

Now I'm confused - I thought Jehovah's Witnesses taught that Jesus WAS an angel - the Archangel Michael. Did that change some time in the past 40 years when I wasn't looking?

Which is more than can be said for trinitarian inserted words (eg.1 Jo.5:7 et al).

That is EXACTLY what can be said for JW inserted words in Colossians 1:15-16.
---StrongAxe on 1/9/19


david8318 said, "John9346 must therefore be wrong in his understanding of Heb.1:8. And he is!"

Actually your argument is with Paul so are you denying that Paul is not identifying the Lord Jesus in Heb 1:10-12? If you are then you must also deny that Ps. 102 is not talking about Yahweh-Jehovah??

The majority of Bibles state Heb 1:8, "Thy trhone O God is forever and ever." only some translate as you state...

But if we take David8318's Position Paul is contradicting himself and is a very confused apostle...
---john9346 on 1/9/19


//Angels can't die either//- kathr4453.

Jesus was neither God nor angel when he died. Jesus was made flesh, a human being when on earth.

Heb.2:7, "Thou madest him a little lower than the angels" (ASV).

Heb.2:9, "But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels... so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone". (NIV)

Jesus was not an angel neither was he God! Why? Because as scripture tells us above! Jesus was made lower than angels so that he could "taste death for everyone". Jesus was not God nor an angel because Jesus died! He was "made flesh" in order to be sacrificed and "tasted death" for 3 days!
---David8318 on 1/9/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


//whenever they [Jews] saw YHWH//- Strongaxe.

Yes we all know what the Jews do when they come across God's name [YHWH]. But at least the Jews are not guilty of removing God's name from the Hebrew text.

The blatant difference is trinitarians deceitfully remove God's name from their Hebrew OT scriptures all 6828 times.

//KJV... YHVH in small caps//

It's my understanding that KJV capitalised GOD or LORD when it removed God's name, but use "JEHOVAH" in only 7 verses (eg. at Ps.83:18). The NewKJV removes YHWH completely.

//NWT... inserted words in [brackets]//

Which is more than can be said for trinitarian inserted words (eg.1 Jo.5:7 et al).
---David8318 on 1/9/19


"GOD'S SPIRIT within us gives us understanding of our LORD DIETY"!

Only GOD under HIS SUPREMACY, was able to become MAN in order to die for us all sinners and suffered the most painful agony under the human form that HE took for our redemption, and HIS BODY that walked on the earth for just few years was HIS SUPREME/SUBLIME SACRIFICE for our sins - but precisely because HE IS THE GREAT I AM/THE BEGINNING AND THE END/THE CREATOR of all things and as HE said to Philip: "Have I been so long time with you and yet hast thou not known ME?" . . . was able to conquer death, hell and sin - but HE never stopped being GOD and in HIS Glorious Resurrection and departing toward Heaven demonstrated being THE GREAT I AM!
---Melody on 1/9/19


David8318:

Jews believed the Name of God was holy, and the Ten Commandments prohibit taking his name in vain. Thus, the Jews never pronounced it, ecept the High Priest, on Yom Kippur, in the Holy of Holies.

To read scripture, whenever they saw YHWH, they euphemized it by saying "Lord" or "God", even though they knew what it stood for. To this day, Jews write "G-d" to avoid explicitly writing "God" name, even though they know what they mean.

KJV preserves this by showing all euphemized instances of YHVH in small caps, so the original is not forgotten. NWT used to at least show inserted words in [brackets], but no longer does so.
---StrongAxe on 1/9/19


//I didn't quote John//- strongaxe.

I didn't say you did. I quote John to show the hypocrisy of your argument. You took issue with my use of Col.1, erroneously claiming NWT is "disingenuous".

I cite Jo.1:1 and 1 Jo.5:7 to show real disingenuous trinitarian translation.

//Trinitarians don't insert words that aren't there into John 1:1//

But they do at 1 Jo.5:7. And trinitarians ignore Greek grammar & context at Jo.1:1 for the sake of their pagan dogma.

//Nobody should be "removing" anything from Scripture//

Which is what trinitarians do by removing God's name [YHWH, "Yahweh" or "Jehovah"] from the Hebrew [OT] scriptures 6828 times and insert GOD or LORD instead!
---David8318 on 1/9/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Auto Insurance


David8318, believes because God cannot die, that Jesus was not God in the flesh, but Michael the archangel was made flesh to die. HOWEVER even with that, according to David8318's mindset here is strange here as well, because Angels can't die either.

And interestingly, if JW believe Michael is Christ, and those saved are IN CHRIST, do they believe we are in Michael? That we are the body of Michael, an angel? Do JW think they are angels or become Angels? Or a new creation of Angels?

We are BORN OF GOD, not BORN of Angels. Angels like us are created beings, who have no such power to CREATE anything in the first place, much less a new creature.

Now watch David 8318 start calling me 666. Too funny.
---kathr4453 on 1/9/19


//The Spirit of God within Jesus was God and He cannot die//- Michael.

Conclusive proof trinitarians do not believe the death & resurrection of Christ! "Jesus was God and He cannot die" are Michael's exact words! Why are you guy's putting up with this antichrist pagan trinity dogma!?

Michael says Jesus' physical body died... but Jesus carried on living because "he cannot die". So who does Michael believe was dead for 3 days!? Who does Michael believe was raised on the 3rd day!?

//If you do not believe... then your faith is found in someone else//

So why Michael do you not believe Jesus died & was dead 3 days and was resurrected!? (Mt.16:21, Lu.9:22, Acts 10:40)
---David8318 on 1/9/19


David said:
"What I would like to know from trinitarians is who was dead for 3 days?"

David, the Person who died and was buried, was Jesus. The physical body of Jesus. God cannot die, You cannot see Him either. The Spirit of God within Jesus was God and He cannot die. Remember when Mary was found with child? She was found with child of the Holy Spirit. "Matt. 1:18.
But Jesus was born to die, and to rise again. If you do not believe in the Person of Jesus, that He died, and rose again, then your faith is found in someone else.
---Michael on 1/8/19


David8318:

I didn't quote John to prove my point, but you quoted Colossians to prove yours.

Note that Trinitarians don't insert words that aren't there into John 1:1, as JWs do on Colossians.

Using "other" (Gr.word panta allows for) completely removes the pagan trinity from scripture.

Your very wording belies your purpose. Nobody should be "removing" anything from Scripture, period.
---StrongAxe on 1/8/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Holidays


//disingenuous//- strongaxe.

An example of trinitarian disingenuous translation at John 1:1.

"kai ho logos en pros ton theon, kai theos en ho logos".

"and the Word was with the God, and god was the Word".

Note the 2 occurences of "theo" [god]. One has the definite article, the other without. A small but significant aspect of Greek grammar.

The key is understanding that the Word is "with" God [pros ton theon]. The Word cannot be the God it is "with". Thus, context and grammar demand the indefinite article: "the Word was a god".

Trinitarians ignore context & grammar as it contradicts their trinity dogma.
---David8318 on 1/8/19


//applying Ps. 45:6//- John9346.

JW's start with the premise that Jesus died and was raised on the 3rd day, thus Jesus is not God because God is eternal and cannot die.

John9346 must therefore be wrong in his understanding of Heb.1:8. And he is!

Hebrews 1:8 quotes from Ps.45:6, which originally was addressed to a human king of Israel- likely Solomon. Obviously, the Bible writer of this psalm did not think that this king was Almighty God. Rather, Ps.45:6, in RS, reads "Your divine throne." (NE says, "Your throne is like God's throne." JP [verse 7]: "Thy throne given of God.")

Thus, God is the Originator and Giver of this throne to Solomon and Jesus. (Dan.7:13,14 & Luke.1:32)
---David8318 on 1/8/19


//disingenuous//- strongaxe.

All trinitarian translations disingenuously add or remove words within the Biblical text to suit trinitarian theology. 1 Jo.5:7 and John 1:1 come to mind.

JW's start with the premise that Jesus was dead 3 days, thus Jesus is not God because God is eternal and cannot die.

On the matter of "other" at Col.1 whether it's there or not doesn't change the fact that all things were created "through" Jesus. Let's take "other" out... I don't mind.

"All things have been created through him and for him" (NIV agrees).

Using "other" (Gr.word panta allows for) completely removes the pagan trinity from scripture.
---David8318 on 1/8/19


Why would Mary allow the Magi adore Jesus?

Because even Mary knew Jesus is God.

You only give adoration to God.

Peter also states in Acts 4:11-12 in Jesus you will be Saved

Jesus is "'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.' Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/8/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Insurance


david8318 said, "Paul applied Ps.102:25-27 to Jesus because Paul said elsewhere that the Son is the one through whom Jehovah performed the creative works."

But Paul writing by the Holy Spirit contradicts you in vs 8 again applying Ps. 45:6 to the Lord when he states, ""Thy Throne, O God, is forever and ever, a scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Thy Kingdom"

Paul is definite and intentional
---john9346 on 1/7/19


strongaxe said, "John 12:39-41 quotes what ISAIAH said. John 20:28 quotes what THOMAS said. In neither of these was JESUS actually speaking, so neither of these scriptures addresses what Jesus SAID."

But John writing by the Holy Spirit says that the Lord Jesus did say he was God and that Isaiah saw Jesus. So now John and Thomas calls you a liar...

I sincerely appreciate you letting me know you don't believe in the Scriptures I respect a man who is forthcoming about what he believes... you are a perfect example of what happens when Sola Scriptura is rejected.

May God be gracious to bring you to repentance,

John
---john9346 on 1/7/19


David8318:

You wrote: "All other things have been created through him and for him"- Col.1:15,16.

This passage from Colossians is most obvious example of the how disingenuous the World translation is. The word "other" does not actually appear in the Greek, nor is it implied by the grammar, nor the context. The ONLY reason it is there, is that, without it, this verse contradicts Jehovah Witness dogma that Jesus was himself a created being, so they altered the scripture so it agrees with their theology.
---StrongAxe on 1/7/19


//Paul is a pagan??//- john9346.

No, Paul applied Ps.102:25-27 to Jesus because Paul said elsewhere that the Son is the one through whom Jehovah performed the creative works.

"All other things have been created through him and for him"- Col.1:15,16.

If john9346 wants to believe the pagan 'egypto' trinity then he can crack on. What I would like to know from trinitarians is who was dead for 3 days?

"...on the 3rd day be raised up"- Mt.16:21, 17:22, 20:19, 27:64.

"... that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day"- Lu.24:46.

God cannot die, He is eternal. So who was dead 3 days? God or Christ? Can't be both!
---David8318 on 1/7/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Dating


Because He is God Steveng. If you do not believe that then your home studies is a fake. Join a good teaching Church. And also study the Bible. Not the New world translation. That is also a fake, just like the fake news stations and fake newspapers.
---Michael on 1/7/19


john9346:

You wrote: Jesus SAID...

John 12:39-41 quotes what ISAIAH said. John 20:28 quotes what THOMAS said. In neither of these was JESUS actually speaking, so neither of these scriptures addresses what Jesus SAID.

I didn't say that Jesus WASN'T "the second person of trinity", only that he didn't actually SAY that, specifically, in those exact words, anywhere - which is what YOU said he did.
---StrongAxe on 1/7/19


strongaxe said, "john0346 SPECIFICALLY wrote: Because the Lord Jesus said he was God The Second Person of The Blessed Trinity.
which is incorrect. Jesus may have IMPLIED those things, but he never actually SAID them, as neither he nor anyone else used the terms "Second Person"

Strongaxe, in Jn 12:39-41 who did John say Isaiah saw??

What did Thomas utter in Jn 20:28??
---john9346 on 1/7/19


strongaxe said, "
None of the scriptures you quoted use the WORDS "Trinity" or "Second Person"."

Sir, its obvious your not taking time to read the Scriptures I brought to your attention...

John is exhaustive in writing that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Second person of the Blessed Trinity.

I challenge to sir you address the verses and stop using Logical fallicies Arguments...
---john9346 on 1/7/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Treatments


david8318 said, "Fuse pagan trinities with Platonic philosophy and you have Christendom's "trinity"."

wow! so Paul is a pagan?? because Paul writing by the Holy Spirit in Heb 1:10-12 identified the Lord Jesus as Jehovah when he applied Ps. 102:25-27 to the Lord Jesus...

See, (NWT)
And: At the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands. 11 They will perish, but you will remain, and just like a garment, they will all wear out, 12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as a garment, and they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will never come to an end.+
---john9346 on 1/7/19


David8318
My apologies, I was ignorant of the Trinity teachings, and may still suffer from ignorance. Please feel free to correct me, when you see my ignorance on display. With that said.

(Hebrews 10:12) But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down at the right hand of God

Folks
If Jesus is God, who is sitting at the right hand of God in Heaven?
---David on 1/7/19


Melody:

You wrote: then, be careful in your writings, because of that, people will assume that you are under disbelief of our LORD JESUS CHRIST being THE SECOND PERSON OF THE TRI-UNITY

That's because people all too often don't actually read and understand what others write, but instead, just read a few words, jump to incorrect conclusions, and pass incorrect judgments. This often happens when people WANT to pass judgment, so they are all too eager to find excuses to do so, despite Jesus' commandment, "Judge not, lest ye be judged". We are not to pass judgment is for this very reason - we often don't possess all the facts, so we jump to incorrect conclusions. Only God knows all the facts, and can judge fairly.
---StrongAxe on 1/7/19


Axe . . . then, be careful in your writings, because of that, people will assume that you are under disbelief of our LORD JESUS CHRIST being THE SECOND PERSON OF THE TRI-UNITY, and then as you received the right conrfirmation from The Scriptures on the meaning of the word, just put it at rest, especially if you are giving the reverence and worship to our LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST - GOD that came in HUMAN FORM to save us from our sins - HE loves you and desires the very best for your life: "And now remain faith, hope and LOVE - and the greatest is LOVE". (GOD'S LOVE) that through HIS SACRIFICE we can become not only Children but Inheritors to HIS Kingdom and under our LORD'S PRESENCE in The Heavenly Places. . . Amen! :-)
---Melody on 1/6/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Affiliate Program


Melody:

WHICH scriptures that I am in denial of? Be specific.

When you accuse people of things, address what they ACTUALLY say, rather than reading between the line and condemning them for things you read into their messages.

I NEVER said "There is no trinity". I just said "The word 'TRINITY'" does not occur in scripture". These are TOTALLY DIFFERENT things.

john0346 SPECIFICALLY wrote: Because the Lord Jesus said he was God The Second Person of The Blessed Trinity.

which is incorrect. Jesus may have IMPLIED those things, but he never actually SAID them, as neither he nor anyone else used the terms "Second Person" nor "Blessed Trinity".
---StrongAxe on 1/6/19


Axe:

en: Why are you in denial of some of The Scriptures that came of course by the Inspiration of GOD'S SPIRIT? - you keep coming against THE TRINITY and if you do that - well, how can you be saved and deny THE TRUTH of that? - for the word Trinity is not there, but THE LORD mentions what it means throughout The Bible (and by the way: I wonder what version do you have?). When we become Children of GOD, THE LORD promises to give us Wisdom and Discernment - that pertain to HIS OWN!
---Melody on 1/6/19


Everytime, I say the 4th Joyful Mystery (The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple.) I wonder how Simeon's words are written in Luke 2:28-29.

***he took him into his arms and BLESSED God, saying "Now, Master, you may let your servant go in peace, according to your word,

Note, telling God He can take him to Heaven because He kept His promise to him isn't a Blessing to me.

I believe V 28 is saying He Blessed God as in he Blessed Jesus.

Plus, V 26 states: ***It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit...

Note, the Trinity is mentioned within 3 verses: 26, 28, and 29.

What do you think?
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/6/19


john9346:

None of the scriptures you quoted use the WORDS "Trinity" or "Second Person".


Melody:

You keep claiming my words contradict God's Word, but refuse to say just WHICH words those are.

You tell me to ask the Lord to deliver me from my own "contradictory made up beliefs" yet don't say WHICH beliefs those are.

You tell me to "call upon the Name of the Lord and be saved", but I did that in 1976. Salvation doesn't need booster shots like vaccines.

The Biblical criterion for bringing charges is by the word of 2-3 witnesses. So, please, show your evidence, don't just make vague accusations.
---StrongAxe on 1/6/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Abortion Facts


//trinity is used to understand God's Revelation//- john9346.

It's laughable that trinitarians think their trinity dogma is somehow exclusive to their belief. Far from it! Pagans have always worshipped the trinity as seen in ancient pagan Egypt & Babylon.

Pagan Constantine incorporated Plato's Hellenic philosophies into the emerging Christian religion.

The Encyclopdia Britannica says: "Christian theology took the Neoplatonic metaphysics of substance as well as its doctrine of [essences, or natures- Gr.'homoousios'] as the departure point for interpreting the relationship of the 'Father' to the 'Son'".

Fuse pagan trinities with Platonic philosophy and you have Christendom's "trinity".
---David8318 on 1/6/19


Axe: Stop coming against me and why? - because according to you "I dare' to share GOD'S WORD as it is - I don't need to keep on repeating your own words that contradict THE TRUTH about GOD'S WORD - if you want to discuss it with someone - why not go directly to THE LORD and for HIM to deliver you from your own contradictory - made up beliefs - that's for sure it doesn't come from HIS SPIRIT and for your peace of mind and above all things - for you to finally become saved: "Call upon THE NAME OF THE LORD, and you shall be saved" - when this happens - then you'll assimilate GOD'S WORD in totality . . . praying for you! - "THE LORD IS THE GOD of miracles"!!! :-)
---Melody on 1/5/19


strongaxe said, "Not in the Bible. To be fair, nowhere does the Bible specifically mention "The Blessed Trinity", nor "God the Second Person". One can argue that Jesus may have implied these things, but nowhere did he actually SAY them.

First, the word trinity is used to understand God's Revelation in revealing himself,

Next, the Lord Jesus completely disagrees with you, "Strongaxe."

John 12:39-41

John 13:18-20

John 8:58-59

Etc.

But i'd point out to you that this is exactly what happens when you reject SolaScriptura...

There are prior blogs where you seem to believe this Revelatory Truth have you changed your position?
---john9346 on 1/5/19


//Trinity... Not in the Bible//- strongaxe.

The "trinity" is the brain-child of pagan Roman Emperor Constantine and platonising early church fathers.

Constantine convened the council of Nicea in 325AD and spun his Hellenic dogma of "one substance".

According to A Short History of Christian Doctrine: "What seemed especially objectionable to many bishops and theologians of the East was the concept put into the creed by Constantine himself, the homoousios" [of one substance]- ie, the Son equal to the Father.

But it wasn't until 60 years later in 381AD at the council of Constantinople did these apostates decide to deify the holy spirit, forming a new false "trinity" dogma.
---David8318 on 1/5/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


Melody:

I presume that your last message was directed at certain specific people here (and probably at me). I ask you again to not just presume to judge me and accuse me, but to say SPECIFICALLY what I have said that you consider blasphemous or contradicting the word of God. If you can't do so, please withdraw your accusations.
---StrongAxe on 1/5/19


Axe:

I'm not accusing anyone - if you thing that someone is accusing you - then get the facts that by your own words you are being judged and that by THE LORD HIMSELF and that by you openly transgressing against HIM - denying HIS DEITY - again I said to you: Recognize the dangerous situation that you, because if you persist in bending by whatever reason you are misinterpreting The Scriptures the day that THE LORD calls you to eternity - you'll be (and by your own choice) separated from HIM and under the darkness like those others that didn't believe that HE IS THE ONLY WAY to eternal life: THE MIGHTY GOD that became MAN to save us from our sins, THE HEAVENLY FATHER, and the soon coming KING of kings! . . . Isaiah 9:6
---Melody on 1/5/19


You're not speaking in the Lord, Melody. YOu're only speaking in yourself.

I was following Jesus for DECADES before I was even aware of your existence, and His voice is missing in everything you say.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/5/19


It's also important not to misquote scripture. We can declare Truth, warn, rebuke false doctrine , plant and others water, however God alone judges the heart of men. It is not for us to pronounce any judgement on another.

Romans 14:10-12

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
---kathr4453 on 1/5/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


A Word of THE LORD to those who are HIS OWN and those who right now in spiritual darkness they are dwelling and GOD'S is given them the opportunity once more to come to THE LORD for eternal salvation. recognize their sinfulness and unbelief and plead GOD'S MERCY unto our SAVIOR in the midst of the separation where they are now because of their unbelief - whatever the cause may be:

"For it's written, as I live says THE LORD: Every knee shall bow to ME, and every tongue shall confess that I AM GOD" - Romans 14: 11
---Melody on 1/5/19


Mark_Eaton:

john0346 wrote: Because the Lord Jesus said he was God The Second Person of The Blessed Trinity.

Read carefully what I actually wrote. I didn't say those things weren't true. I said Jesus never SAID those specific things in those specific words, nor did anyone else. Search any concordance and you will not find the word "Trinity" nor the phrase "Second Person" anywhere.


Melody:

You are always so quick to accuse others. You just accused me of at least 5 things in your last post. I have done NONE OF THESE THINGS. For each accusation, please show the EXACT words I used to justify that accusation. Why am I here? 1481 people think my comments are useful.
---StrongAxe on 1/5/19


Melody, I know StrongAxe personally, and he is none of the things you accuse him of being.

However, I'm sure that like me, he might also think that you are neither God's mouthpiece, nor His closest advisor.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/5/19


Axe

Why are you here in this Christian Forum? - do you know that? - The fact that you deny GOD'S WORD AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AS "THE GREAT I AM" that HE IS - you are being led by 'the one' that by your own sayings you are possessed by - and you refuse to acknowledge THE LORD JESUS CHRIST - not only as THE ONLY WAY to salvation, but as GOD HIMSELF that came to this world to save us sinners from perdition - then - sorry to say - but by your own blasphemous words against THE TRUTH - you are choosing separation from GOD now and under eternity: "Repent before THE LORD and ask HIM to deliver you from the deceit that you are under and that is from 'the enemy' of our souls of which you have allowed to deceive you - sad!
---Melody on 1/4/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


One can argue that Jesus may have implied these things, but nowhere did he actually SAY them.
---StrongAxe on 1/4/19

Just read the prologue of John, chapter 1 verses 1-18.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

John goes on to state that Jesus (as the Word) was with the Father before time began and that Jesus is the Creator God, making all things that have been made.

Hebrews 1 goes on to tell us that Jesus upholds all things.

And Colossians 1 tells us that Jesus holds all things together.

Who created all things, upholds all things, and holds all things together but God?
---Mark_Eaton on 1/4/19


john0346:

You wrote: Because the Lord Jesus said he was God The Second Person of The Blessed Trinity.

Not in the Bible. To be fair, nowhere does the Bible specifically mention "The Blessed Trinity", nor "God the Second Person". One can argue that Jesus may have implied these things, but nowhere did he actually SAY them.
---StrongAxe on 1/4/19


steveng ask, "Why do many christians believe that Jesus is God?"

Because the Lord Jesus said he was God The Second Person of The Blessed Trinity.
---john0346 on 1/3/19


steveng:

Since you're asking this question, am I correct in assuming that you believe otherwise? If so, I'm curious why, despite all the scriptures that others have quoted. I know that Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe he is.
---StrongAxe on 1/3/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


Agreed, Samuel.

The real question is why Steveng and his worldly denominational "church" denies it.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/3/19


John 1 declares Jesus is GOD. He is the I am.
---Samuelbb7 on 1/3/19


Also because Michael NEVER thought himself to be equal with God. And 1John 1 doesn't say they handled an angel. And the last Adam is that life giving spirit. No angel or created being can give life...ONLY GOD CAN. If God only needed another sinless man to sacrifice for our sin, He would have just made another out of clay and sacrificed him. But then we would never have been born of God and promised Glory.

This can go on and on showing in so many ways also reiterating ONLY GOD perfect sinless Holy God can take away sin.
---kathr4453 on 1/3/19


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.