ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Apostles Write About Jesus

Why do you think Jesus never told the Apostles to write everything He said and did?

Join Our Free Singles and Take The Bible History Quiz
 ---Nicole_Lacey on 1/25/19
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Post a New Blog



If anyone is really worshipping Mary with the LATREIA that belongs to God alone (and I know of none such), at least they are worshipping something outside themselves.

You, on the other hand, seem to confuse yourself with God, Melody.

BTW, the Hail Mary is in the Bible. Did you know that?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 2/6/19


Melody:

Catholic teaching doesn't say worship Mary. Some Catholics may, but that isn't official Church teaching.

The Baptist church doesn't teach racism. Some white Southern Baptists (at least in the '60s) wouldn't fellowship with black ones. Would you thus condemn all Baptists as racists?

Some Christian preachers and politicians commit adultery. Would you thus condemn all Christians as adulterers? Can't you see the damage you do by casting a wide net?

I am not "making a decision to be separated from THE LIVING GOD". However, by your constant histrionic judging of anything and everything, despite Jesus's express commandment to "judge not, lest ye be judged!", YOU are risking that very same thing!
---StrongAxe on 2/6/19


Axe:

You and others may deny the truth of the worshipping of Mary and many others idols, but it won't change things (why are you being a defender of something that it's so obvious in any Catholic church and all over the world - what's your gain on supporting and ignoring such aberrations?) - just put one foot in front of those places and there they are all those idols that THE LORD despises - the souls bending before them - praying to them - lighting candles: For the sake of your soul - go to THE LORD in true repentance - plead for salvation and to deliver you from the spiritual possession that you are under - if not - your own decision to be separated from THE LIVING GOD and that forever! -
---Melody on 2/6/19


Cluny wrote: "Why is this a mistake,"

Because, by dividing a piece of writing up into smaller writing increases the misinterpretation especially by today's over educated adults. Imagine writing a three-page personal letter to a friend and dividing it up into verse numbers. It would definitely cause confusion in the reader's mind and taking verses out of context.
---Steveng on 2/5/19


True christians are to pray only to God. Catholics pray to Mary, a dead person. The Hail Mary prayer implies that she is still alive (Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee).
---Steveng on 2/5/19




\\The biggest mistake about today's bible is the addition of chapters and verses.\\

Why is this a mistake, Steveng?

Earliest mss of the Bible do no have breaks between words or punctuation marks.

Were supplying these mistakes, too?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 2/5/19


Once more you spread slander, Melody.

NO church, not even the Roman Catholic, has ever made Mary a goddess.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 2/5/19


Melody:

I have never condemned you for sharing the Gospel. However, most of the time, you just say things that may be partially true but are not actually quotes from the scripture. Please actually quote scripture, either verbatim (without adding your own interpolations) or by quoting chapter and verse.

You condemn Catholicism for making Mary "a goddess". Some may erroneously believe it, but it's not what they teach. It is easy to make a straw man and burn it down.

Revelation mentions "a harlot". However, it does NOT identify it with the Catholic church. THAT identification is primarily made by Protestants who hate Catholicism. Protestant hands aren't clean of the blood of persecuting Christians either.
---StrongAxe on 2/5/19


Cluny wrote: "Steveng, St. Paul said that when he became a man, he put away childish things."

That's true, but I was not getting at.

Cluny wrote: "He also wrote that we are NOT to be children in understanding."

That's not true - and in your own words "give BCV."

"Through the eyes of a child" is an old saying meaning "read what's there without analyzing it." The reason why we have so many bible interpretations is because adults are too educated and analyze every little word, phrase and sentence. The biggest mistake about today's bible is the addition of chapters and verses. This is the main reason that it is written that we "hear the words of God."
---Steveng on 2/5/19


Axe:

You are condemning me for sharing The Gospel, and you can deny it a million times and cover up for an idolatrous religion that not only made Mary 'a goddess'/idol/abomination - but multiple ones after her and with different names and in several countries - and that's is just the beginning of all the rest of the idols that this religion that you defend have been adding into this adulterous doctrine that in accordance to GOD'S WORD - THE LORD has called 'the harlot' and the one that have persecuted true Christians that wouldn't bend and accept such blasphemous religion that throughout the times have done so - what it's your gain in doing so? - but only your loss of salvation . . . repent while still time!
---Melody on 2/5/19




\\Read the bible through the eyes of a child, not an educated adult. \\

Steveng, St. Paul said that when he became a man, he put away childish things.

He also wrote that we are NOT to be children in understanding.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 2/4/19


Steveng:

The Bible is written using human language. You cannot understand it if you don't understand the language. Every language has some words with ambiguous meanings. Understanding language requires us to be able to determine, from context, which ambiguous meaning is intended. Puns and other wordplay rely on this ambiguity for their humor, and the Bible is full of that. It was written by adults, to adults.

Without that understanding, a child might interpret "earthquakes in divers places" as underwater tectonics.

We are to be wise as serpents, yet gentle as doves. Don't be as wise as a dove.
---StrongAxe on 2/4/19


StrongAxe wrote: "...English have multiple meanings..."

Read the bible through the eyes of a child, not an educated adult.


nicole wrote: "I am not saying it's wrong to have a Bible. I'm saying JESUS didn't tell them to have a Bible."

Jesus and the apostles taught from what was already written - the OT, the Septuagint. Matthew 5:17-19

The apostles didn't need anything that was written. It was the Holy Spirit that brought what Jesus taught them to rememberence. John 14:26

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin, comforts us, guides us, gives us spiritual gifts and the desire to obey God, and he enables us to pray and to understand God's Word.
---Steveng on 2/4/19


Steveng:

Many words in English have multiple meanings, dependent on context. "Plasma" can be blood fluid or ionized gas. "Polish" can be a nationality or a cleaning verb. "Unionized" can be a chemical or labor relations term. "Bow" can be a weapon or a genuflection. English speakers know how to determine meaning from context. Yet you somehow seem to think the word "church" that also has multiple meanings (Body of Christ, a particular congregation of believers, a specific denomination of believers, or a building used by a congregation) is so confusing that when English speakers use it, they can't tell these apart, and use them all in the proper contexts? Give us all some credit.
---StrongAxe on 2/4/19


nicole said, "
I am not saying it's wrong to have a Bible. I'm saying JESUS didn't tell them to have a Bible."

Ms. Lacy, are you thinkinb about what your saying??

If Jesus didn't tell his apostle to write his words down then Matt 28:18-20, Mk 16:15, Rom 10:14-17 can not be obeyed...

Also see, Jn 14:21-23.
---john9346 on 2/4/19


Quotes of using "church" as a building:

"I didn't see you in church this morning."

"Our church has great entertainment."

"Our church has great programs."

"Our church just installed a new sound system."

"I pay tithes to the church, let them help the poor."

Quotes of using "church" as a denomination:

"Our church has a great holiday program (chose your holiday. Christmas/Easter)."

"Our church has over two hundred members."

"Our Church isn't a denomination. It is THE Church. The Catholic Church."

etc. etc.

Just a note: any 501c3 church is governed by the government.
---Steveng on 2/3/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


1 Corinthians 1:10 - Now I plead with you, brethren, By the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same Judgment .

2 Timothy 4:3 - For a time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine: but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears,

2 timothy 4:4 - And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turn unto fables,
---RichardC on 2/3/19


Steveng:

Yes, but again, which of those doctrines are important, and which are inconsequential? Most Christian groups (except for cults) share the vast majority of beliefs that are ACTUALLY important and are taught in the Bible.

Unless you have actually examined EVERY SINGLE DENOMINATION ON THE PLANET and determined that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has doctrines that are contrary to the Word of God, your accusation is presumptuous.

Jesus said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged", yet you judge all the time. Does this not mean that you, yourself practice things that explicitly go against the Word of God? Remove the plank from your eye before criticizing the specks in others'!

Your constant accusations divide Christ.
---StrongAxe on 2/3/19


If I might add something,

The word 'publish' seen in Strong's predates the printing press, indicating meaning beyond a publication as in books as we know them today. I would think it could include earlier forms of 'writing', and other means of making something known. Pictographs as used by ancient Hebrews is an example, and their message may be passed down through time.
---Chria9396 on 2/3/19


Steveng: The meaning of the word "church" is completely different today than it was in Jesus' time.//

According to whom?

You?

//Today, it means a building//

No it doesn't.

To be a Church you have to have a valid Priesthood.

//or a denomination//

My Church isn't a denomination. It is THE Church. The Catholic Church.

Note you belong to a denomination. Meaning 'Part' of one.

//The word "church" in Jesus time simply meant the body of Christ, the Christians. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.//

Thus the reason I know you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to the Church.

Many Churches in Sudan doesn't have a building.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/2/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


"Because we KNOW Jesus didn't tell them to PUBLISH His Words.'
In Mar 16:15, the strong's definitions of the word preach or 'kerysso' in the language spoken means, and I quote "of uncertain affinity, to herald (as a public crier), especially divine truth (the gospel):preacher(-er), proclaim, publish." Nicole If you can't receive this, dismiss it. I'm Ok either way. I'm done with this exchange, It's simply going in circles.
---josef on 2/2/19


Strongaxe wrote: "To some, perhaps, but not necessarily to ALL."

Yes, to ALL. This is because they are all taught from the denomination's doctrine. They are all like sheep following the doctrines of their beloved denomination. The denominational "church" leaders of today are exactly like the priests of the temple, the pharisees, and the sadducees in Jesus' time - and look how Jesus reprimanded them. And, yet, you reprimand me for doing the same thing.

Again, Satan has had over 2,000 years to infiltrate and divide christiandom up into over 75,000 different denominations each having their own rituals, traditions, ways of living and interpretations of the bible.

Is Christ divided?
---Steveng on 2/2/19


Josef: How does that change the definition of publish as it relates to preach?//

Are you serious?

Because we KNOW Jesus didn't tell them to PUBLISH His Words.

I am not saying it's wrong to have a Bible. I'm saying JESUS didn't tell them to have a Bible.

//Me: "Too bad no one told Jesus."

You: Why would Jesus need to be told anything?//

Because you are the one claiming Jesus wasn't realistic in the spreading of the Gospel not me.

//It would be IMPROBABLE for twelve men to go physically into every nation on earth given their limited forms of transportation.//

YET that's EXACTLY what Jesus TOLD them to do.

He didn't say: 'Write it down so my WORDS can go faster than you feet'
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/2/19


2 Timothy 3:16 - ALL Scripture is given by Inspiration of God , And is profitable, For doctrine , For reproof, For correction, For Instruction in Righteousness:


(Inspiration - Origin Middle English - Divine Guidance )

2 Peter 1:21 - For the Prophecy came Not in old times by the Will of Man: But Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost .

Jobs 32:8 - But there a spirit in man, and the inspiration of the almighty given them understanding.
---RichardC on 2/2/19


Shop For Christian Gifts & Jewelry


Steveng:

You wrote: Those differences mean a lot within the hearts of those within denominational doctrine.

To some, perhaps, but not necessarily to ALL. Only the ones who "don't get it". Why do you keep painting EVERYONE with such a wide brush?

What's wrong with sharing what God says, ...

Yes, but if you actually look at all your posts here, you spend a lot more time condemning others, especially those in "worldly denominational churches" than you do ACTUALLY "spreading the Gospel". Even Jesus himself said that he did not come to condemn, but many Christians want to correct that "oversight".
---StrongAxe on 2/2/19


"Yes, but the printing press wan't invented yet"
How does that change the definition of publish as it relates to preach?
"Too bad no one told Jesus." Why would Jesus need to be told anything?
He knows all things pertaining to this life and the spreading of His gospel.
"You need to read Matthew 13:31-35 again."
And what qualifies you to arrogantly presume to know what I need?
BTW, the Hebrews are EXPERTS of history verbals transmission."?????
---josef on 2/2/19


Readers:

Notice that Strongaxe when challenged would rather focus attention on Melody to deflect from his Unscriptural Logical Inconsistent Position??

Strongaxe never prooved from the Scriptures that Jesus never commanded his apostles to write anything down even though he was provided countless Scriptures that disproove his claim...

Strongaxe never shown from Gen 2 or Gen 3 that Adam and Eve never knew Good and evil or a lie prior to them eating the fruit.

Strongaxe should be completely honest here with everyone and say he doesn't believe in the bible...
---john9346 on 2/2/19


strongaxe said, "Baptists and Presbyterians and Catholics are not the same, but their differences are not IMPORTANT in the Body of Christ."
I wonder if Strongaxe understands these diffences that he states is not important???
---john9346 on 2/2/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Auto Insurance


Josef: I say one of the definitions of preach is to publish.//

Yes, but the printing press wan't invented yet, so as I said the word 'Preach' means 'verbal'.

//It would be improbable for twelve men to go physically into every nation on earth given their limited forms of transportation.//

Too bad no one told Jesus.

You need to read Matthew 13:31-35 again.

//A written word cannot be misquoted, unless of course it is intentionally altered.//

No, read your fine print. You will find verses repeated and words left out.

These errors occurred because the Bibles were hand written by humans who accidentally made mistakes.

BTW, the Hebrews are EXPERTS of history verbals transmission.
---Nicole_Lacey on 2/1/19


Strongaxe wrote: "..but their differences are not IMPORTANT.."

Those differences mean a lot within the hearts of those within denominational doctrine.

cluny wrote: "Now you're confusing yourself with God Himself."

What's wrong with sharing what God says, what Jesus says, what the apostles say? Isn't that what christians are suppose to do? To spread the words of God to all nations? Aren't christians suppose to quote, make a reference, or parephrase God's words just as all godly people did in the bible?
---Steveng on 2/1/19


Melody:

If doctrinal error is my problem, spiritual hubris is yours. Note how often Jesus screamed at people. He didn't scream at adulterers, thieves, murderers, etc., only at self-righteous religious people who thought they were holy and condemned everyone else. Think on that.

Is worshiping idols wrong? Yes. Do Catholics "worship" idols? No. Jesus said one should remove the beam in one's own eyes before condemning the specks in others'.

One can find similar doctrinal errors in almost any Christian group, if one looks hard enough. However, constantly nit-picking those differences, instead of focusing on the essential doctrines that unite us, divides Christ.
---StrongAxe on 2/1/19


Axe:

You are wrong and again you are giving away your heretic beliefs and in contradiction to GOD'S WORD - (wonder why when you have heard it over and over again and from GOD'S WORD about the Catholic church and it's abominable doctrines and the blaspheming of GOD'S WORD, you still saying that there's no difference between that religion and The Evangelical Churches? - read from GOD'S WORD and accept it - if not you are and you will be in spiritual trouble - for your spiritual rebellion cannot challenge or remove GOD'S ADMONITIONS into repentance of those things that are an abomination to HIM: "For what relationship is GOD with the idols and with THE LIGHT and the darkness"? - says THE LORD! -
---Melody on 2/1/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Holidays


Steveng:

You wrote: The bible is above any type of denomination or building. One can be a Christian without being a member of any denomination. All one needs to do is obey the commandments.

Yes, but none of those commandments is "Thou shalt not be a member of a denomination". Being in a particular denomination is only bad *IF* doing so makes you disobey specific teachings of Jesus.

We are told that "In Christ, there is no male nor female, Jew nor Greek". This does not mean that gender and racial distinctions do not exist, only that they are not IMPORTANT in the Body of Christ. Baptists and Presbyterians and Catholics are not the same, but their differences are not IMPORTANT in the Body of Christ.
---StrongAxe on 2/1/19


I am at a loss on what comment to make.

The Apostles wrote down the words of Jesus we would know what Jesus did and taught.

The problem for most people. Is following Jesus in loving others.
---Samuelbb7 on 1/31/19


\\I have shared what THE LORD says against it and that's it \\

Now you're confusing yourself with God Himself.

I thought at first that things couldn't get worse, but they did.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/31/19


Melody:

You keep claiming our beliefs aren't accordance to God's Word. That IS an accusation. Yet you keep refusing to say WHICH beliefs and WHICH of God's Words are in conflict.

How have I given "honor to other religions"? Please be specific.

If I have talked about what THE WORD OF GOD says against it"

You said a lot of things, but I don't recall you ACTUALLY quoting scripture, chapter and verse, that says exactly what we did doing wrong.

I have shared what THE LORD says against it and that's it

Again, you said a lot of words, but I don't recall any ACTUAL SCRIPTURES. If "what THE LORD says" comes from outside scripture, that's what prophets do. Are you a prophet?
---StrongAxe on 1/31/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Insurance


Monk:

Take the advice back to yourself - and accept where you are wrong . . . and that's before THE LORD for your own blessing and salvation!
---Melody on 1/31/19


Nicole wrote: "But my point is that many people wish to reject any form of a Church because they have the Bible."

The meaning of the word "church" is completely different today than it was in Jesus' time. Today, it means a building ("I didn't see you in church this morning.")or a denomination ("What church do you belong?").

The word "church" in Jesus time simply meant the body of Christ, the Christians. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

The bible is above any type of denomination or building. One can be a Christian without being a member of any denomination. All one needs to do is obey the commandments.
---Steveng on 1/31/19


Melody said, " May THE LORD bind and correct your un-Christian false
testimony words - as HE knows that what I have shared is in accordance to GOD'S WORD!"


Okay, Melody. If you feel led to rebuke everybody, we can flow with that. However, we ask that you have the grace to accept the our words when we rebuke you! Even the greatest prophets had the humility to accept correction. Plus, once they had delivered their prophecies, that was the end of the rebuke. They didn't continue to harp on the subject again and again.
---Monk_Brendan on 1/31/19


Axe:

These are my last words to you: I haven't made any accusations against anyone - their own beliefs and by their own words giving honor to other religions that don't go in accordance to Christianity and in denying GOD'S WORD - it's their own accusations to themselves - if I have talked about what THE WORD OF GOD says against it, and you or anyone else here that openly have mixed false doctrines with THE TRUE GOSPEL OF THE LORD JESUS and you don't like it - it's your own problem!

I have shared what THE LORD says against it and that's it - you or anyone else under your away from Christianity offensive behavior isn't going to stop me from sharing THE TRUTH!
---Melody on 1/31/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Dating


Melody:

That is a very strange statement, considering that you, yourself, have been making accusations against other people's beliefs on here, yet when they ask YOU to explain EXACTLY how THEY are under a false doctrine, by quoting God's Word, you just make more accusations instead of providing a scriptural explanation.

If you don't like complaints like that from others, you shouldn't make those exact complaints about them either - you know, Golden Rule, speck in eye, and all that.
---StrongAxe on 1/31/19


strongaxe said, "In none of these do we have any evidence that Jesus, BEFORE HIS ASCENSION, commanded anyone to write anything down. You have yet to provide any evidence of that, despite my asking several times."

Pay attention, you have been provided the Words of the Lord Jesus in Jn 20:30-31 and Jn 16:13-15 other verses that contradict you Matt 28:18-20, Mk 16:15-21.

just be honest and say you reject those verses my friend...

If we all believe Strongaxe's Position God is illogical because he never left us a sure way to know him we all can just live how we please and some day hope that we lived for some God we never knew and the bible cant be trusted???

Yet,
---john9346 on 1/31/19


strongaxe said, "
There is NOTHING in Genesis 2-3 that suggests Adam+Eve had heard a lie before, or knew anything about evil. Prove me wrong by showing a SPECIFIC VERSE that says otherwise."

Sir, you owe those who read what you said verses in context that support what you claim are you now stating to them that you won't provide a Scriptural Found Answer??

---john9346 on 1/31/19


All of the apostles believed they were writing Scripture (Revelation of God) when they wrote the following they debunked the myth put forth by Strongaxe

2 Tim 3:16-17, 1 Cor 4:6, Rom 15:5, Matt 4:1-11, Jn 20:30-31, Jn 5:39.

If Strongaxe once us all to believe that the apostles didn't know they were writing Scripture then he must show from the apostles "Themselves." that they didn't believe as he is claiming.

Because Strongaxe rejects Sola scriptura notice he fails to utilize it, according to logic you don't utilize what you don't believe in...
---john9346 on 1/31/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Health Treatments


Cluny:

Explain to me exactly in which way I'm under a false doctrine - if you don't realize it under your unsensitive and lack of respect toward others that don't agree with your own distorted ways to discern spiritual things - that's a very serious and offensive accusations you are making against my Christianity - so, I'll be waiting for your reply and be detailed about it and in accordance to GOD'S WORD that that's what you constantly come against it!
---Melody on 1/30/19


Melody, you only speak according to your own words, such as this:

\\When THE LORD came to this earth and left Heaven\\

The Orthodox Church sings at Pascha: "In the tomb with the body, in sheol with the soul, in paradise with the thief, on the throne with the Father and the Spirit, were You, O Christ, filling all things but limited by none."

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/30/19


john9346:

Some, from eyewitness testimony of Jesus before ascension, some from personal experience, some from the Holy Spirit, and John's Revelation from Jesus after ascension. Not all were "revelations" (e.g. most epistles were matters of expediency, e.g. Paul writing to a church to address concerns that he himself saw needing correction).

In none of these do we have any evidence that Jesus, BEFORE HIS ASCENSION, commanded anyone to write anything down. You have yet to provide any evidence of that, despite my asking several times.

There is NOTHING in Genesis 2-3 that suggests Adam+Eve had heard a lie before, or knew anything about evil. Prove me wrong by showing a SPECIFIC VERSE that says otherwise.
---StrongAxe on 1/30/19


strongaxe said, "
I NEVER said "apostles are lying". NO apostle said Jesus, before his ascencion, commanded them to write ANYTHING, and nothing you quoted proves he did."

Strongaxe, tell us, from where did the apostles receve the "Revelations." they wrote down in Scripture?
Strongaxe said, "I go by what scripture ACTUALLY SAYS, not what you make up between the lines."

If you go by what Scripture says then please tell us all here from where did the apostles receve the "Revelations." they wrote down in Scripture?
---john9346 on 1/30/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Affiliate Program


strongaxe said, "Also, show from Gen. 2-3 where Adam+Eve DID hear a lie or DID know evil before talking to the Serpent. Show which verse contradicts what I said."

Sir, try answering questions first because when the chapters were brought out you deflected immediately (other posting)...

My question to you still needs to be answered when you said, "Adam+Eve did not know about Good+Evil before they first ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good+Evil. They had also never heard a lie before."


This should be easy if you go by Scriptur to provide verses in context, i've already cited the chapters for you.
---john9346 on 1/30/19


Cluny:

No doubt that either you don't have the spiritual discernment or mind to understand what is written - and because your insulting me of false doctrines and against what I know I'm sharing in truth: May THE LORD bind and correct your un-Christian false
testimony words - as HE knows that what I have shared is in accordance to GOD'S WORD!
---Melody on 1/30/19


\\When THE LORD came to this earth and left Heaven\\

Wrong again, Melody.

If you believe this, you are a false prophet.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 1/30/19


john9346:

John 20:30-31 says John wrote his gospel "so ye might believe". It does NOT say "Jesus commanded me to write".

John 16:13-15 says the Spirit will guide you into truth. How the spirit would actually do that would be up to Him. Again, this verse does not in any way command anyone to write anything.

I NEVER said "apostles are lying". NO apostle said Jesus, before his ascencion, commanded them to write ANYTHING, and nothing you quoted proves he did.

I go by what scripture ACTUALLY SAYS, not what you make up between the lines.

Also, show from Gen. 2-3 where Adam+Eve DID hear a lie or DID know evil before talking to the Serpent. Show which verse contradicts what I said.
---StrongAxe on 1/30/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Abortion Facts


Nicole:

Glad that we are in agreement We have to understand that everything has it's beginning: When THE LORD came to this earth and left Heaven/HIS Eternal Kingdom (of course then, being present with HIS People - they heard HIS ADMONITIONS AND TEACHINGS personally (and for the writings of The New Testament and to verify and confirm The Old Testament Version) - GOD'S WORD to become complete - but under HIS PERFECT WISDOM - The Gospel gave birth to HIS Church - those then and now that by faith have been Born Again and Inheritors to GOD'S Kingdom . . . some day THE LORD will let us know those things that to us is a mystery now . . meanwhile let's live in obedience to GOD'S ADMONITIONS and receive HIS BLESSINGS now and forever! :-)
---Melody on 1/29/19


Nicole said: "Preach is verbal NOT written". I say one of the definitions of preach is to publish. To publish is to issue (printed or otherwise reproduced textual or graphic material, etc.) for sale or distribution to the public. It would be improbable for twelve men to go physically into every nation on earth given their limited forms of transportation. A written word cannot be misquoted, unless of course it is intentionally altered. And like I wrote earlier, Jesus would have known the writing of the epistles would be an important part of preaching His gospel. "God ALWAYS makes our wrong into a good for our sake." Nicole what could be wrong with writing down the words and deeds of Jesus?
---josef on 1/30/19


strongaxe said, "
There is absolutely nothing in that passage that says anything about writing anything down. Jesus never told his apostles to WRITE anything."

Sir, you have been provided Jn 20:30-31 and The Promise of the Lore Jesus in Jn 16:13-15...

So if we take Strongaxe's Position to its Logical Conclusion the apostles are lying... And the Scriptures are not to be trusted...
---john9346 on 1/30/19


strongaxe said, "
It's common sense Adam+Eve did not know about Good+Evil before they first ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good+Evil. They had also never heard a lie before - that's obvious."

Strongaxe, note, you stated,"Common Sense.", but if you will honestly address the text of Gen 2 and Gen 3 Adam and Eve themselves contradict you.

Show to us in Gen 2 and Gen 3 that your claim is supported??

---
---john9346 on 1/30/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Acne Treatment


reuben said, "No they did not and if they read your response they would tell you that is not true!"

First, i've already quoted Cyril who corrects you.

Next, Augustine corrects you:

"For among the things that are plainly laid down in Scripture are to be found all matters that concern faith and the manner of life ..."

Augustine on Christian Doctrine book 2 chapter 9

---john9346 on 1/30/19


Very true, Melody.

But my point is that many people wish to reject any form of a Church because they have the Bible.

They can interpret the Bible as they see fit. Claiming all they need is the Holy Spirit.

So the question is if that is the case why didn't Jesus start with the Bible first and then the Church?

Or at least the Bible along with the Church.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/29/19


Revelation 22:18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the Words of The Prophecy of this Book If any man Should add unto these things God Shall add unto him, the Plaques that are written in this Book,

Revelation 22:19 - And If any man Shall take away From the words of the Book of this Prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of life, And out of The Holy City , and from the things which are Written in This Book,

Revelation 22:20 - HE which Testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly, Amen Even so, come Lord Jesus,

( Who Testifieth Here - John Or Christ ? or did John just write this ? )
---RichardC on 1/29/19


Nicole:

Of course as John said: GOD'S WORD is before 'the church' for it wasn't so - the church won't exist: "In the beginning was THE WORD, AND THE WORD was with GOD, and THE WORD was GOD" - how could any sinner come to HIS KNOWLEDGE if it wasn't for IT??? - and being Verbal or written if it's by GOD'S ANNOINMENT - will do the eternal purpose that THE LORD desires for every soul - what THE LORD spoke verbally and became The Scriptures - has the same Power to change the human heart!
---Melody on 1/29/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Bad Credit Loans


john9346:

You wrote: See, John 16:13-15...

There is absolutely nothing in that passage that says anything about writing anything down. Jesus never told his apostles to WRITE anything.

I recall your performance on the posting, "Fallen Humans Incarnation." a complete failure to utilize Scripture because you knew what you were stating couldn't be found...

I HAD used scripture. As Jesus was "the lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13:8), God KNEW the Fall would happen.

It's common sense Adam+Eve did not know about Good+Evil before they first ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good+Evil. They had also never heard a lie before - that's obvious.
---StrongAxe on 1/29/19


The Apostles were not the only people who wrote about Jesus. Tens of thousands of people witnessed what Christ said and done. They wrote letters to family and friends and wrote personal journals about what Christ said and done. The Romans were very meticulous in keeping records including when Jesus was in court. Many of these documents can be found in three of the largest libraries in Eastern Europe and Egypt.
---Steveng on 1/29/19


Josef: Because He knew that they would do that which was necessary to spread His gospel. He instructed them to "go unto all the world and preach the gospel"//

Preach is verbal NOT written.

//knowing that the writing of the epistles would be an important part of this.//

God also knew Israel would reject Him and ask for a King.

He turns it around and gives us the TRUE KING.

It doesn't mean that was His intention.

God ALWAYS makes our wrong into a good for our sake.

We have medical schools to put out DOCTORS into our societies.

We also have medical books available to us that Doctors use.

It doesn't mean we can use medical books to treat other people as well.
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/29/19


Be informed that the Church Fathers themselves believed, taught, and defended "Sola Scriptura."

If the church fathers were reading your responses right now they would label you a heretic...
---john9346 on 1/27/19

No they did not and if they read your response they would tell you that is not true!
---Ruben on 1/29/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Bankruptcy


Kathr: And what's your first language? - it'll be interesting to find out! (???)
---Melody on 1/29/19


strongaxe said, "I wasn't talking about what the HOLY SPIRIT told the Apostles to write. I was talking about what JESUS told them to write (which was nothing, before his death)."

But the Lord Jesus through the Holy Spirit did tell the apostles to write down those things.

See, John 16:13-15...

You say you believe in Scripture proove to everyone here that what you're saying is supported and established by Scripture...

I recall your performance on the posting, "Fallen Humans Incarnation." a complete failure to utilize Scripture because you knew what you were stating couldn't be found...
---john9346 on 1/28/19


john9346:

I wasn't talking about what the HOLY SPIRIT told the Apostles to write. I was talking about what JESUS told them to write (which was nothing, before his death). The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are One, but they are NOT one and the same. The Holy Spirit wasn't baptized in the Jordan while the Father descended on his head and Jesus from heaven said "Behold my Spirit, in whom I am well pleased". The Father didn't pray to Jesus saying, "Son, take this cup away from me".

BTW, you don't even believe in the bible so you being ery Logically Inconsistent...

I DO believe what it ACTUALLY SAYS, not what people read into it between the lines.
---StrongAxe on 1/28/19


Cyril of Jerusalem said, ""This seal have thou ever on thy mind, which now by way of summary has been touched on in its heads, and if the Lord grant, shall hereafter be set forth according to our power, with Scripture proofs. For concerning the divine and sacred Mysteries of the Faith, we ought not to deliver even the most casual remark without the Holy Scriptures: nor be drawn aside by mere probabilities and the artifices of argument. Do not then believe me because I tell thee these things, unless thou receive from the Holy Scriptures the proof of what is set forth: for this salvation, which is of our faith, is not by ingenious reasonings, but by proof from the Holy Scriptures."

---
---john9346 on 1/27/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Cash Advance


strongaxe said, "
Yes, Jesus told John to write down the words of the Revelation, which was long after Jesus was dead and risen. However, there cnot even after his resurrection but before his ascension."

Strongaxe when the Holy Spirit had John to write the following he was indeed commanding, "A record of his deeds or his teachings,"


30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing ye might have life through his name.

BTW, you don't even believe in the bible so you being ery Logically Inconsistent...
---john9346 on 1/27/19


Nicole said, "John, this question is directed to you. Because you place the Scripture above the Church."

Ms. Lacy, TheScriptures themselves because they are, "Theopneustos." place themselves above churches, institutions, traditions, etc...

Nicole said, "How does your response answer my question?"
Ms. Lacy, Think about it??

What authority is, "Theopneustos." meaning God-breathe
Is it a "Church/denomination?" or is it "Scripture."

If you can answer this question then you will understand my Meaning Response to you.
---john9346 on 1/27/19


Ms. Lacy,

Be informed that the Church Fathers themselves believed, taught, and defended "Sola Scriptura."

If the church fathers were reading your responses right now they would label you a heretic...
---john9346 on 1/27/19


josef:

Yes, Jesus told John to write down the words of the Revelation, which was long after Jesus was dead and risen. However, there is no record that Jesus told his followers, while he was still alive on earth, to keep written records of his deeds or his teachings, not even after his resurrection but before his ascension.
---StrongAxe on 1/27/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Counseling


"Why do you think Jesus never told the Apostles to write everything He said and did?" Because He knew that they would do that which was necessary to spread His gospel. He instructed them to "go unto all the world and preach the gospel" knowing that the writing of the epistles would be an important part of this. And to say He never told an apostle to write what He said would be incorrect. Concerning His revelation He told the apostle John, specifically, to write the things he had seen, "and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter in a book," to the seven churches in Asia.
---josef on 1/26/19


John: Simply because what has been written is sufficient for Faith and Practice for Christian Living..//

How does your response answer my question?

Did you mean to say 'insufficient'?

Why didn't Jesus tell the Apostles to write His words down?

To obey whatever those sitting in Moses's Chair tell them to do, but don't follow their actions. Matthew 23:1-3

He told them His Church would be built and Peter can do anything with Heaven backing him up. Matthew 16:17-19

What to speak when they Baptists someone. Make Disciples of all Nations. Matthew 28:19

So why didn't Jesus tell them to write down His Words
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/26/19


John, this question is directed to you. Because you place the Scripture above the Church.

Jesus made sure there was a Church but doesn't even take the time to talk about recording His Words. (Based on the NT)
---Nicole_Lacey on 1/25/19


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.