ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

How To Calculate 666

How to calculate 666?

Join Our Christian Dating and Take The End Times Signs Bible Quiz
 ---Ansu_Daniel on 10/29/19
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Post a New Blog



\\Unless all the Popes down throughout history have done so (in stark distinction with everyone else), \\

As St. Paul asked, "Do all work miracles?"

You can use everyone's favorite search engine to look up miracles of popes.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/22/19


Actually these GIFTS of the Holy Spirit WITH POWER are given to every Christian in the BOC Ephesians 4. We also see in 1st Corinthians 12-14 re Gifts, say nothing about succession,even then but to all those baptized into Christ Romans 6, re NOT water baptism.

There is NO SCRIPTURE these gifts with power are due to some succession. This FANTASY of Cluny's is why he THINK his church is the only true church. WRONG. AND why Cluny is so arrogant in his discourse with others here on line, purposely pretending someone said the opposite of what they said just so he can try to look good at another's expense that he created.

EVERY SINGLE BELIEVER IN THE BOC HAS A GIFT WITH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. GOD IS NOT A RESPECTER OF PERSONS.
---kathr4453 on 11/22/19


Cluny:

I wrote: Peter clearly did miracles, yet his successors did not.

You wrote: Some did.

So what? Unless all the Popes down throughout history have done so (in stark distinction with everyone else), then it's NOT an office-related power passed down by succession - and if that one is not, how can one be sure the authority Jesus gave Peter IS passed down by succession?
---StrongAxe on 11/21/19


StrongAxe: Yes, posts must be replaced, but Jesus made the promise to Peter (i.e. a person), not to a post.//

Why would Jesus give a man authority to end upon his death?

So, according to your logic, the Church Jesus told him in the same conversation would fall apart upon Peter's death?

//Peter clearly did miracles, yet his successors did not.//

What does Authority have to do with miracles? What's the connection to you?

All the Apostles performed miracles. But Jesus ONLY gave the keys to Peter.

//It's obvious that THAT wasn't something that was passed on ad infinitum//

No, only until Jesus returns.

//How can you argue that one thing was not passed down, but another was//

I just did.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/21/19


\\Peter clearly did miracles, yet his successors did not.\\

Some did.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/21/19




Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Peter decided that all posts must be replaced.

Yes, posts must be replaced, but Jesus made the promise to Peter (i.e. a person), not to a post.

Peter clearly did miracles, yet his successors did not. It's obvious that THAT wasn't something that was passed on ad infinitum. How can you argue that one thing was not passed down, but another was?
---StrongAxe on 11/21/19


StrongAxe, Peter decided that all posts must be replaced.

Acts 1:20b ..May another take his place of leadership.

Peter DECIDED that Judas leadership should be replaced.

You think Peter would ONLY have a policy to replace Jesus' betrayer, but not himself?

**Eusebius of Caesarea
Paul testifies that Crescens was sent to Gaul [2 Tim. 4:10], but Linus, whom he mentions in the Second Epistle to Timothy [2 Tim. 4:21] as his companion at Rome, was Peters SUCCESSOR in the episcopate of the church there, as has already been shown. Clement also, who was appointed third bishop of the church at Rome, was, as Paul testifies, his co-laborer and fellow-soldier [Phil. 4:3] (Church History 3:4:910 [A.D. 312]).
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/20/19


Well whatever authority God gave Peter at the beginning of the Church age has nothing to do with the RCC of today. Peter is dead. There is no such thing as succession. And the RCC is not the HEAVENLY CHURCH. Nor is any human head of the HEAVENLY CHURCH. JESUS IS HEAD OF THE CHURCH. Colossians 1:18 as a matter of fact. Deal with it Nicole. No pope has any earthly authority over anyone ....you all made that us. No scripture supports such a hierarchy. That's why we have PROTESTANTS who oppose your false set up.
---kathr4453 on 11/19/19


Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: I see you REALLY HATE Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in HEAVEN, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in HEAVEN.


Note whom Jesus was addressing here. Peter. NOT the Catholic Church.

We have only the Catholic Church's own word for it (and not scripture) that Peter transferred that authority to them in perpetuity.
---StrongAxe on 11/19/19


Kathr: Strongaxe THE RCC//

I guess your finger slipped and accidentally typed an 'R' to the 'CC'.

//(CC) has no heavenly authority over the will of God.//

I see you REALLY HATE Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in HEAVEN, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in HEAVEN.

Note Jesus is speaking.

Note Jesus came from Heaven and returned to Heaven.

Note Jesus has complete AUTHORITY!

Matthew 28:18 Jesus came to them and said, ALL AUTHORITY in HEAVEN and on EARTH has been given to Me.

In other words, He has the authority to tell Peter to bind Heaven in ANYTHING Peter wanted. Matt 16:19

COMPLETE CIRCLE.
---Nicole_Lacey on 11/19/19




kathr4453:

Any religious group (including Catholics, Baptists, etc.) can be apostate, but that is no proof they are 666. They should be judged by their works, good and evil. Even Mormons do some good, by encouraging close family values.

All you say about 6, 7, 666, 777, etc. is nowhere actually taught in the Bible, other than the one verse in Revelaton. It's numerology. People make inferences and draw conclusions, but no prophet or apostle ever taught any of it.

"adds up to 666" is just flawed logic, e.g. "666 is evil. xyz is evil. Therefore, xyz is 666", uses exactly the same logic as (and is thus just as flawed as) "Lemons are fruit. Apples are fruit. Therefore, apples are lemons".
---StrongAxe on 11/19/19


Ianns, yes 6 equals man, created on the 6th day. 7 equates Born again man, created IN CHRIST who is a perfect 7. I agree with this. Bottom line, ALL outside of Christ , still tied to this world system, being controlled by humans adds up to 666...an elementary way of looking at it.

In contrast to 777, Those IN CHRIST, no longer part of this world system, as Paul states in Galatians 6 crucified to the world and world to us, obedient unto death to God alone.

Strongaxe THE RCC is a 666, and has no heavenly authority over the will of God. It is earthly to the core. The Pope is not the vicar of Christ...nor has any authority making covenants in the name of God for God especially concerning the ELECT OF GOD, THE JEWS. Romans 11.
---kathr4453 on 11/16/19


1.
StrongAxe: John is Jewish, not a Greek man, he said that 6 is man. That is according to the Hebrew alphabet letter system. The letter "vav" has the numerical value of 6. Man was created on the 6th day. The Greek letters do not have such a designation or meanings attached to them.

In rev.13:18 John said "Let him who has understanding reckon..". That means that it takes more than just surface reading of the text. The Greek gematria method has not yielded anything remotely useful.
The only viable alternative is Hebrew gematria.
---Ianns on 11/16/19


kathr4453:

Just what, exactly, in that covenant went against "known Prophecy" and "God's will"? Please state which part of the covenant, and which particular prophecy (BCV).

As for conspiracy theories, other headlines from Cuttingedge:

Apostate "Christian Churches" Are Continuing The Ancient Baal Worship Practice of Celebrating his Day with Easter-Themed Egg Hunts!

Bringing Saudi Arabia Down! How Can The Illuminati Destabilize Saudi Arabia In Accordance With The 'Pentagon's New Map' Strategy (2001) ?

Slowly, Surely, The Counterfeit Old Testament Commands Known As The Kabbalistic "Noahide Laws" Is Being Prepared To Be The Ultimate Law of the Land!
---StrongAxe on 11/16/19


Strongaxe, FACT:Arafat did go to the Vatican at the invitation of PJPII. FACT: They did sign a covenant between them concerning Israel. Just those FACTS alone is a no brainer. It goes against known Prophecy and Gods will.

I see no conspiracy theory here at all. Those who do not know scripture, and are pro PLO would.

Do Conspiracy sites "make up" garbage????Maybe some do like saying Sandy hook never happened. But those are a different kind of site.

Or do some report news worthy FACTS and report on it. And many of these sites might be right on the money. I'll bet there are conspiracy sites saying Trump is Putins puppet ....based on much of what has been coming out for a few years now.
---kathr4453 on 11/16/19


There are different kinds of sites like these 900+ emails of Steven Miller wanting to get his white nationalism propaganda agenda articles published through Breitbart, his opinions ...not facts. Or the birther agenda Trump pushed without facts.... That's my idea of a different kind of conspiracy site.

But those who have taken FACTS, like JFK's assassination, piecing together FACTS to come up with a theory ....has been going on for years. And interestingly enough, they've helped in adding FACTS.

Arafat= TERRORIST= FACT
PJPII kissyface with a KNOWN TERRORIST= FACT.
BOTH enemies of ISRAEL becoming their own nation=FACT

When the Lord returns Israel WILL BE a Nation and there is nothing they can do about it. FACT.
---kat453 on 11/16/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Lawyer


So to conclude here Strongaxe, what ever Covenant The RCC has put in place when PJPII was alive I'm sure still stands with the RCC and the Palistinians even today, is a total joke to the Lord when He returns. The Lord is in no way subjected to the RCC and Palistinian Covenant. The danger is in leading religious folk to think it is a covenant of Gods, and will be responsible for millions of deaths because like the crusades many will think they are doing Gods will, and actually be fighting against God.

That's no conspiracy theory because scripture has already prophecied the war of Armageddon is against Israel.
---kath445 on 11/16/19


kathr4453:

No. Conspiracy theory don't call themselves that because, like paranoid people, believe they are right. But if you look at all of their articles, it's obvious most are whacko paranoid theories, based on supposition rather than fact.

Religious conspiracy theory sites typically involve long bizarre chains of "interpreting" one scripture after another in bizarre ways that usually go against conventional wisdom, and reach bizarre and incorrect conclusions.

E.g. "prophetic" date-setting sites that predict this and that will definitely happen on some date because of esoteric scripture interpretation, or private revelations or visions from some "prophet", and are always wrong in retrospect.
---StrongAxe on 11/15/19


Strongaxe, no one is doubting many living in Jerusalem for hundreds of years. I don't believe that is the discussion here. The discussion to my understanding is about ISRAEL during the Great Tribulation and HOW people treat Jesus brethren...the Jews, Matthew 25...

Also does the sites actually say these are conspiracy sites or is that just your opinion. Those who know their bible understand where those articles are coming from. You may call them conspiracy sites, others may call them sites with discernment.
---kathr4453 on 11/15/19


kathr4453:

Many people have been living in the area known as Palestine for hundreds of years. Most are Muslim Arabs, but also many Christian Arabs. One family in my church years ago were Lebanese Arab Christians. Lebanon is in the NW part of Palestine. The Gaza Strip is in the SW part of Palestine.

To reduce religious strife, the Lebanese constitution requires equal representation between Muslims and Arabs, and by convention, the president is always a Maronite Christian, the Prime Minister is always a Sunni Muslim, and the Speaker is always a Shia Muslim.

I also didn't say "it was a conspiracy theory". I said it was on a conspiracy theory WEBSITE, which makes its claims uncertain, and requiring corroboration.
---StrongAxe on 11/14/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Dedicated Hosting


Cluny, only 2% of Israel are Christians, and don't necessarily define themselves as ALL being Palestinians. I believe there are Jewish Christians in Israel. So I'm not sure exactly what point you are making here. I don't see any prophecy that Christians in Israel are going to present an issue, or even have the man power to do so. I also don't believe the ARAB Palistinian would come to the aid of Christians then or now, as we see even in Syria many Christians are being killed , as well as in other Arab Countries by Arabs. I also don't see Jews killing Christians in Israel, or vice versa.

I would suggest that Christians in Israel, no matter what their ethnicity is, should not come against Israel. EVER. Zechariah 12:1.
---kathr4453 on 11/14/19


Cluny, Strongaxe...this is no Conspiracy Theory.

Zechariah 12 :1-4The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, ........2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4 In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

This is FUTURE.
---kat453 on 11/14/19


kathr4453:

Your long quote without attribution: "On 15th February..."


Ianns:

Why would John write instructions in Greek to perform a calculation in Hebrew, to Christians, most of whom didn't speak Hebrew?

Also, gematria have many problems. One can play all kinds of shell games with names by including or omitting first name, last name, middle name(s), initials, articles, titles, etc. to get the numbers to add up to almost anything you want. In the Old Testament alone there are 7 different spellings of Nebuchadnezzar, all adding up to different numbers. Which is the right one?

We should look for Antichrist qualities. Matching number is just the icing on the cake.
---StrongAxe on 11/14/19


kath, you've never said anything about there being Palestinian Christians.

Will you?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/14/19


Send a Free Thinking of You Ecard


Although the verse in Revelation is translated into Greek, the calculating can only be done in Hebrew using the Gematria method. The Greek letters will not result in the intended meaning as it does with Hebrew. That's why Greek or English names don't yield correctly as God through John intended.

Another reason is that in Hebrew, names tell a person's God planned character. As the name Yeshua reveals Savior.

So just finding a name that matches up to 666 doesn't qualify.
---Ianns on 11/14/19


Strongaxe, as I said, Israel is about prophecy and Gods people the Jews. The Bible makes clear, since the time of Ishmael, the DESCENDENTS of Ishmael are in fact the enemies of the Jews and always have been. Building the Dome over what is said to be JEWISH sites, etc, also seeing the Quran says NOTHING ABOUT JERUSALEM, or a Palestine, but does speak about Mecca.

This HOAX has been going on for longer than you know.

So the RCC and Arafat getting together to make a covenant, interestingly enough after the Popes failed assignation by leaning down to kiss the statue of Our Lady of Fatima , named after Mohamed's daughter, is also an interesting connection.
---kathr4453 on 11/14/19


Strongaxe, you never specifically said what quote...your bad.

Let's also say this, even if some believe Israel today is not Israel of tomorrow, The RCC and the world will never change its stance UNTIL THE LORD HIMSELF SITS ON THE THRONE OF DAVID. When that happens, all who fought against Israel up to then will be cast out. Also your Matthew 24-25 come into play...feeding, food etc to MY BRETHREN , is the Jews during the Great Trib, and will Infact determine who will be allowed to enter in the 1000 years. Zechariah 12-14 also support Matthew 24-25.
---kat453 on 11/14/19


kathr4453:

I spoke to your quote, which said nothing about Arafat being Egyptian. I also didn't say he wasn't a tarrorist. It claims he and the Pope "signed a covenant against the G-d and people of Israel". What evidence is there that it's "against God"? Many presume to speak on God's behalf. The Bible has strict warnings about that. The article is also obviously a Jewish source, because Christians aren't afraid to say "God".

One thing about conspiracy theory sites is that they frequently throw out many disjointed factoids without actual solid bases in facts. They often read like incoherent ramblings of a disorganized mind, and their appearance often also gives that impression.
---StrongAxe on 11/13/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Marketing


Israel is about prophecy not politics. Cluny, we'll see when the Great Trib begins just HOW the RCC and this covenant plays out.

Strongaxe, Arafat was a TERRORIST.. FACT. Arafat was EGYPTIAN...FACT.
Now if you find anything to the contrary....then one could conclude YOUR posting the opposite is also a conspiracy theory.

We should look at things through GODS EYES and HIS WORD, not popular opinion or RCC or UN interference .

Many believe Trump is Putins puppet....another conspiracy theory....but just because someone says conspiracy theory doesn't mean its a lie. Actually many conspiracy theories are in fact true and have been proved.
---kathr4453 on 11/13/19


\\On 15th February, 2000 at the Vatican, the Pope and the leader of the PLO terrorist organization, Yasser Arafat, signed a covenant against the G-d and people of Israel and Jerusalem .\\

And did anything actually happen as a result of this?

No.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/13/19


\\
Let me say this a different way. 1st Cluny, today no one thinks the Palestinians are Greek. \\

I never said that, either.

Where did you get the idea that I did?

Not all Orthodox are Greek, either? Or did you think they were?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/13/19


When posting controversial quotes, you should say where they are from, so we can access their provenance and relevance. I googled the phrase you posted. It appears only on these sites, none of which are notable:

2006 scribd, hosting a book called "Bye Bye Gaza", by Barry Chamish (which is probably the original source)

7/12/2013 idrapundit, quoting Barry Chamish, quoting nonexistent page below.

9/10/2014 cuttingedge, a conspiracy site, quoting their article from 2/5/2000, quoting templeofthefaithful (page no longer exists).

9/12/2014 worldmessenger, another conspiracy site, quoting above 2/5/2000 cuttingedge article.

dailychristiannews, another conspiracy site from Finland (links to a Google search)
---StrongAxe on 11/13/19


Read These Insightful Articles About VoIP Service


"On 15th February, 2000 at the Vatican, the Pope and the leader of the PLO terrorist organization, Yasser Arafat, signed a covenant against the G-d and people of Israel and Jerusalem ... According to this agreement, Jerusalem should be an international city based on international resolutions and an international guarantee. (The UN decided on more than one occasion that Jerusalem should be an international city.) They also decided that any step or activity taken by Israel to change this position of Jerusalem is against the law. The agreement also recognizes a 'Palestinian' state in the land of Israel and agrees on cooperation between the Vatican and the PLO and the Vatican committed itself to assist the so-called 'Palestinians'.
---kathr4453 on 11/13/19


(Revelation 6: 12- Revelation 7:1) pared with (Matthew 24: 29-31) is very interesting read. In both we see the second coming of Christ, by two different writers.

What happens on the Earth after that...not good...not good at all!
Will any living person, besides those Jews sealed by God, be in the second resurrection?
---David on 11/13/19


It was only after the Jews re-inhabited their historic homeland of Judea and Samaria, that the myth of an Arab Palestinian nation was created and marketed worldwide. Jews come from Judea, not Palestinians. There is no language known as Palestinian, or any Palestinian culture distinct from that of all the Arabs in the area. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. "Palestinians" are Arabs indistinguishable from Arabs throughout the Middle East. The great majority of Arabs in greater Palestine and Israel share the same culture, language and religion
---kathr4453 on 11/13/19


Also Arafat the head of the PLO ...."the first TERRORIST", was an Egyptian.

So this idea of having a "Palestinian" State is a big hoax playing into end times and will be a big player along with surrounding Arab nations who come against Israel. Many around the world have bought into this HOAX and will find themselves on the wrong side of Prophecy and Gods will. we know Pope John Paul and Arafat made a secret covenant between them in 2000, the Pope inviting Arafat to the Vatican....look it up. BIG RED FLAG!
---kath453 on 11/13/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Settlements


Let me say this a different way. 1st Cluny, today no one thinks the Palestinians are Greek. Arafat was not a Greek. Second, this stated below is not Israel. And Strongaxe, we all know no European were ever the original indigenous peoples here in America, no matter what this Country is called. We all should know that we killed, war, stole etc for this land. And God never gave Jerusalem to another no matter who changed its name or who occupied including Rome.

The first appearance of the term "Palestine" was in 5th century BC Ancient Greece when Herodotus wrote of a "district of Syria, called Palaistin" between Phoenicia and Egypt in The Histories.
---kathr4453 on 11/12/19


\\
Actually Cluny, there is no such thing as Arab Palestinians, that is a hoax starting with Arafat the first terrorist.\\

kath, please tell me where I said "Arab Palestinians."

I never did that.

What I said is that many Palestinians are Christians, Orthodox to be precise.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/12/19


kathr445:

Palestinian Arabs are not related to the Philistines of biblical times. They are Arabs who have been living in Palestine for many hundreds of years, and consider it their home. They have roots that go back to the Arab conquest in the 7th century, which go back 1400 years.

Most Americans are of European descent, and have been living on this continent for 500 years or less, yet they consider this their home.

When you say "there is no such thing as Arab Palestinians", you would thus be even more correct in saying "there is no such thing as Americans", as they're mostly from Europe, and the few that are native to here never used the term America, as that's from the name of one lucky European sailor.
---StrongAxe on 11/12/19


Kathrine
All I am saying about the Gentile believer, is that for right now, Jesus is the Christ, and they are not in search of a Christ as the Jews are. But, they will be fooled too.
How? For them....And Undeniable truth.

For the reason you mentioned. Since many look to the Jewish nation, when they proclaim their Christ, many gentile believers will believe them. He will fulfill the greatest prophecy of all the prophecies...the Prophecy of Jonah. The beast will appear to be dead, but after 3 days, he will appear to come back to life.

(Revelation 3:13) And I saw that one of his heads was, as it were, wounded to death, and.....his deadly wound was healed. And all the world wondered after the beast.
---David on 11/12/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Services


Yes Strongaxe, exactly right.

You know Strongaxe, that's why I asked a few month back about a particular politician...which I think is some precursor to the beast. We just see how easy it is now to become one. Ha! And how gullible people in these days are who so easily follow these beasts beyond sanity. That part is scary..

But does this particular politician have lying signs and wonders following him? It doesn't look like it. He does have plenty of fooled people following him. Now that I said that....does fool mean easily fooled? Is that a sign ? It definitely is a wonder!
---kathr4453 on 11/12/19


Actually Cluny, there is no such thing as Arab Palestinians, that is a hoax starting with Arafat the first terrorist. If you look in scripture in Genesis, the Palistinians are actually Philistines, from the island of Crete who have always been enemies of Israel going way back. No scripture or history shows ant such thing as a Palistinian other than the ones from Crete, and are not Arabs, nor were they Christians. This is the hoax, and like many who don't know history or the scriptures will buy into that hoax. The Palistinians now in Israel are probably Arabs from one of the Arab nations that were rejected and pushed out by their own people.
---kathr445 on 11/12/19


Also, remember that the Antichrist will conclude a peace treaty with Israel, which will last for 3 and a half years - before he turns around and betrays them. So whenever you see some politician buttering up Israel, it MIGHT be because he's honestly interested in God's People, or it MIGHT because he's only planning to use them for his own ends, and plans to turn on them in the end.

To find out for sure, it's good to look at how that politician deals with everyone else in his life - whether he makes true friends and allies, or merely pawns to use and discard.
---StrongAxe on 11/11/19


David, you just made me think of something. I agree with your post, but not sure about the Gentile thing. You do see in Revelation (sic) they sang the song of Moses and overcame the beast. I believe this verse is talking about a remnant of Israel, not Gentiles. As we see in Zechariah 12-14 only about 1/3 of Israel will live through this time. And it appears in Zechariah, those Gentile nations who don't come against Israel will be allowed to live during the 1000 years, but not necessarily guaranteed salvation. So during that dispensation they will go under Kingdom Law...we see shown in Matthew as well. And then after the 1000 years, Satan will be loosed and a real testing more than ever will or may decide their eternal life.
---kathr4453 on 11/11/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Stores


The modern state of Israel is not the fulfillment of Bible prophecy, but is actually Anti-Israel, and thus will produce Anti-Christ.

Something that many Darbian dispensationalists don't know is that many of the Palestinians were Christians, but got forced from their homes by the Zionists.

I suggest you read the book BLOOD BROTHERS by Abp. Elias Chacour.

He and his fellow Christians were driven from their homes, and then got to see the Israeli army blow it up with artillery before their very eyes on Christmas Day.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/11/19


I agree Kathrine, keeping an eye on the state of Israel is key to the end times. Though all the countries of the world will eventually accept the Anti-Christ as their king/ruler/whatever, the end will not come until the Jews accept him as their Christ.

As I have pointed out in the past, the Gentile believer has already crowned Jesus as their Christ (Matthew 12:21)...and in his name shall the gentiles trust. But since the Jews rejected Jesus as Christ, they are still waiting to crown their Christ. And when they do, when their Christ stands in the Holy Place,( in the place God designated for Jesus to stand), the end will come. (Matthew 24:15)
---David on 11/11/19


Cluny, we do know that for the first time since God scattered Israel after Solomon's sin, and losing the land, which in fact was part of the curse of disobedience, they are back, having their own homeland. You didn't think God was personally going to teleport them did you? Does God work through man? I would say so. What we are seeing is prophecy of Israel coming back to the Land God gave to them....same land...Isaiah 14 as the same land God gave them we see Moses took them to. I don't believe in coincidences. However many including professed Christians have a problem with Jews being back in Israel, including the Pope I'll bet.
Just more intriguing drama for end times to play out. It's all prophecied in Zechariah 12-14.
---kathr4453 on 11/11/19


\\They don't believe in Isaiah 14 that in the last days God will bring the physical descendants back to the Land He gave them...re ISRAEL.\\

Whether the present modern secular state of Israel is the fulfillment of this prophecy can be debated.


Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/10/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Business Training


David, good point. One false doctrine that will alter ones end times belief is that of the false doctrine of replacement theology..meaning the Church is now Israel. They don't believe in Isaiah 14 that in the last days God will bring the physical descendants back to the Land He gave them...re ISRAEL. Because the Church is NOT Israel WE have different promises, that if we don't distinguish and rightly divide these promises, we will be deceived.

That's a BIG ONE, as very few know the CHURCH>>>BOC is NOT Israel, WE are not promised to be brought back to any LAND....Isaiah 14 for one, and robbing Israel of THEIR PROMISES is the first bad step in being deceived.
---kathr4453 on 11/10/19


Many TODAY will fall into that same thing, not rightly dividing the word of truth.---kathr4453

And thats what has created the problem, the division of Truth. The Truth, a title to which many give to whatever doctrine they may have chosen. When God sent us the Truth, through his Son, in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We are only allowed to show people the Truth, but we can not make them believe it. For them to break free of their false doctrines, they must seek the Truth on their own.

When they dont, the Truth you show them, becomes your Truth. And then they see it as their truth against your truth, and not their truth against Gods Truth.
---David on 11/10/19


Our end time doctrine will affect how we believe what happens in the end. Dominion Theology , Reconstruction Theology, etc all will have a different perspective on the 666 , and unfortunately like Judas, who got his dispensations wrong, thought then Jesus was going to overthrow Rome and take the Throne and rule and reign right then. It WILL HAPPEN ONE DAY, but it wasn't Jesus time AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME, and Judas got it wrong. It's what John 6...THE ENTIRE CHAPTER IS ABOUT.

Many TODAY will fall into that same thing, not rightly dividing the word of truth.
Those TODAY still under the LAW, and not GRACE will be deceived, because GRACE , aka the dispensation of GRACE gives us a different ending.
---kathr4453 on 11/9/19


John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

There were 2 promises of the Coming Messiah...one prophecied KING, and the other prophecied death..Isaiah 53 for starters. Judas believed Jesus was to be KING and that is why Judas betrayed Jesus.
But scripture RIGHTLY DIVIDED shows that the GLORIFIED CHRIST Zechariah 12-14 who descends from Heaven after He ascended after His death and resurrection will be King. Acts 1:6-11 confirms.

If you don't have these pieces correctly in place you'll never get it right.
---kat453 on 11/9/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Software


What happens when what God's Holy Spirit tells person A the exact opposite of what He tells person B?---Cluny

That is the very definition of the Anti-Christ. Not only is he opposed to Christ, but he wants us to do the opposite of what Christ commands us to do. Revenge vs Forgiveness, Hate vs Love...etc.

If you are speaking about a difference in doctrine, Satan is right in the middle of our churches trying to mislead us there as well. His works are quite visible, when you look for those teachings which teach the opposite of what Christ taught.

This is one very good reason the Bible teaches us to make our foundation on the Gospel of Christ. For in his gospel, the opposite teachings of the Anti-Christ are easily seen.
---David on 11/8/19


Many can claim they believe this one or that......but I believe as David pointed out God himself will reveal to those who earnestly seek Him. It may not be what mr A or Mr B or Mr C says.

Everyone is at a different growth level, and also different doctrines dictate different endings....giving different answers.
Just be open to the Lords teaching, giving us discernment to false teachers etc, and don't be so absolute that you fail to grow into a different perspective.

One thing for sure...when you see apostate Christianity riding the back of politics promoting Christianity, and some super political hero emerges....there is a BIG CLUE.
---kathr4453 on 11/7/19


\\ One thing I learned about Gods Holy Spirit, early on, If you want to learn from men, instead of the Gift God has given you, \\

What happens when what God's Holy Spirit tells person A the exact opposite of what He tells person B?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/7/19


Bottom line, we need to listen to Gods Holy Spirit. Unfortunately many are hindered by their doctrines, not knowing how to use this gift.

One thing I learned about Gods Holy Spirit, early on, If you want to learn from men, instead of the Gift God has given you, God will allow you to remain ignorant in these man made doctrines.

The proof?
Only one way to heaven, and we have been given a choice of a thousand paths, through a thousand doctrines. Only one path can be the right path, and you will only find it by listening to Gods Holy Spirit.
---David on 11/6/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Advertising


Robert A. Heinlein Wrote Science Fiction. Hopefully Christians don't turn to science fiction novelists for Spiritual answers. Non Christians would. Maybe ask Nicholis Cage....didn't he play in an end times movie....that would also make him an expert on the subject...right?...just by reading the script....
---kathr4453 on 11/5/19


Monk_Brendan:

You wrote: Ki>Has it occurred to anyone that John, who knew about exponents, he was using 666 to mean six, to the power six and that sum raised to the power of six again?

It certainly occurred to Robert A. Heinlein. In his novel "The Number of the Beast", that particular mathematical calculation is a significant plot point. I wonder if that's what you were thinking of?

That number (6 to the power 6 to the power 6) is 6 to the power 46656, which is 36305 digits long, and way too long to include here.
---StrongAxe on 11/5/19


The people who act in attacking and murdering others will show by their persecution of those around them. That they are followers of Satan not a loving caring GOD.
---Samuelbb7 on 11/5/19


So many other verses are necessary in understanding too, like the woman who rides the beast ...etc, we are seeing right now.---kathr4453

Exactly! There are many things written in Revelation We could guess about, and many do. But there are some things the Lord gives us, I believe which are meant to be shared.

We may not always know when we hear the Truth, but we would be wise to keep it in mind should it happen.
---David on 11/4/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Eating Disorders


God didn't say in Rev 13...he who is a math expert .
Or has a background in exponents. So laughable ....What a joke. Also please prove John's background in exponents. Use only scripture to back up.

So far to date the only one claiming to be like God or the vicar of Christ is the Pope. Is that why Catholics make up deflections like the one Monk use ?
---kathr4453 on 11/4/19


Monk_Brendan:

"Each digit is a 6" is a visual pun possible in positional counting systems like Hindu/Arabic numbers we use, but impossible in Greek, Hebrew, and Roman Numerals that use different letters for each digit. In Greek, as in Hebrew, numbers are written using letters, with each one group of letters representing 1-9, another for 10-90, and another for 100-900.

The Number of the Beast is written as three letters chi, xi, and digamma (or stigma), which respectively represent the numbers 600, 60, and 6. If John had meant three separate sixes, he would have had to have written digamma three times.

(Some codices also say chi, iota, and digamma, which equal 616.)
---StrongAxe on 11/4/19


Has it occurred to anyone that John, who knew about exponents, he was using 666 to mean six, to the power six and that sum raised to the power of six again?
---Monk_Brendan on 11/3/19


For what it's worth, IHCOYS ChRISTOS adds up to 888.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
---Cluny on 11/3/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Travel Packages


David I agree. I think the Lord puts in in your heart to want to understand. If it were such a waste of time, no verse would even exist.

It's there for a reason and a warning.

I believe though the understanding comes from scripture and not man made systems of names numbers adding up. I believe calculate here means to deeply think, seeking the Lord through His word for these answers.

So those who do use man made ( not scriptural ) numbering system etc are wasting time.

So many other verses are necessary in understanding too, like the woman who rides the beast ...etc, we are seeing right now.
---kathr4453 on 11/3/19


The beast is going to pretend to be Christ....and we should know , because we KNOW CHRIST , who any imposter would be. 666 all fall short of God, who is a 777.
---kathr4453


I agree, folks need to understand the meaning of the Word, Anti-Christ. I see it to mean the same as Kathrine says,...Imposter.

If Jesus is to be the King of Kings, isnt that the role Satan would be seeking? I just throw this information out, information I know to be true, to etch your memory, so hopefully you can recall it, when needed.

We can argue about may things here on CN, but this information is very important to me, because it could mean Eternal salvation for those who have followed the false doctrines.
---David on 11/3/19


In researching the original Greek word for count or calculate ...there is only one other verse that uses this word, in Luke 14:28 "count" the cost. In using this verse in Luke as a reference point to how the word is used, means to meditate deeply upon from a spiritual perspective for your own understanding.

Seeing too Christians are no longer part of this WORLD system, and that we are to have no other Gods before us....the principle the verse is conveying should be a no brainer.

The beast is going to pretend to be Christ....and we should know , because we KNOW CHRIST , who any imposter would be. 666 all fall short of God, who us a 777.
---kathr4453 on 11/2/19


David:

It's meaningless to try to calculate a number unless you have a formula to calculate it. Many self-proclaimed biblical scholars "calculated" this and that person's number to be 666, and all were wrong. The Bible gives no formula but DOES give other signs - boastful, will suffer a deadly wound from and recover, and nobody can buy or sell without his mark. Nobody on earth is close to either of those last two.

Nothing in the Bible mentions "66". It's yet another man-made "formula". Also, "666 is three sixes" is a mere coincidence, an artifact of the Hindu-Arabic numbering system we use today in the west, but was NOT used in old or new testaments, and is not used worldwide either.
---StrongAxe on 11/2/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Repair


StrongAxe
It is very important to understand 666, because it points to the absolute identity of the one of whom Revelation warns us about. There has never been anyone, throughout time, who fits this description, though some were very close.

Now I dont expect you to believe what I am going to say, but I say it so that it may come to mind, if needed.
As we know, the number 6 is the number of man. Every corresponding 6 represents an authority over man.

A king, Prime Minister, or a president, for example, when calculated, would be a 66. A king of kings, according to this calculation, will be a 666. A single ruler, who will rule over everyone.
---David on 11/2/19


The verse says count the number of the beast, not count the number of the man.

It also says he who has understanding count the number of the beast. Human numerology or the likes and figure out exactly who it is is something man made up, and has wasted everyone's time, appealing to mans vain imagination.

Let's remember, all wisdom understanding and knowledge are IN CHRIST. Ephesians 1:17, I Corinthians 1:30, Proverbs 9:10, Jeremiah 9:24 w/more verses on this same thought one FIRST MUST have UNDERSTANDING in the first place.

Also the verse is personal, and no where says, " and don't waste your time on this trying to understand"

Those IN CHRIST have the mind of Christ.
---kathr4453 on 11/2/19


kathr4453:

Yes Revelation 13:18 is all very good, but how, exactly, does one "count" the number of a man? There are many different ways of counting, and many people over the ages have used many different ways to shoehorn almost anyone they want to fit the Beast's "glass slipper", claiming that their way of counting was correct - and in the end they were all wrong, because the person in question didn't fulfil the prophecies.

Instead of wasting our time trying to second guess God by trying to figure out who the beast is (that's assuming he's even visible on the current political scene yet, which is by no means given), we should make sure we're busy doing what we're supposed to be doing when Jesus returns.
---StrongAxe on 11/1/19


Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man, and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
---kathr4453 on 11/1/19


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Products


Many people have wasted huge amounts of time, trying to attack the Number of the Beast to many people throughout history. They were all been. This is what Cluny calls the futile game of "pin the tail on the Beast".

The Bible doesn't tell us to guess who the Beast is. We'll know when he comes, because there are many signs that will follow him (e.g. making it so nobody can buy or sell unless they have the Mark, and that is impossible unless he first controls all world finances, something nobody is close to doing yet).

Once all those other signs are apparent, THEN the Number will be a confirming sign, but worrying about it first is putting the cart before the horse, and distracting us from what we're supposed to be doing.
---StrongAxe on 11/1/19


Just think of 7 as perfect. 7 in scripture is very significant.

7 symbolically means perfect, rest, complete, finished, etc. God is a 7. Those IN CHRIST are 7.

Hebrews 3-4

6 is the number of man apart from God.
---kathr4453 on 10/29/19


Playing silly apocalyptic games such as Pin the Tail on the Beast is NOT a profitable use of time.

Don't worry about Antichrist.

Be in love with JESUS Christ!

To Him be glory.
---Cluny on 10/29/19


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.