ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Confession Of Sin

Does the Bible teach the power over sin is confession of sin, or being baptized into Jesus Christ's death and resurrection life Romans 6-8? Why do some reject Romans 6-8 , the Biblical way to have power over sin?

Join Our Christian Friendship and Take The Sin & Repentance Quiz
 ---kathr4453 on 11/18/21
     Helpful Blog Vote (1)

Reply to this BlogPost a New Blog



Trav:

That's because it is so basic every Christian should know it, but since you don't:

Romans 3:23: For *all have sinned*, and come short of the glory of God
Also, Romans 5:12, Psalm 143:2, 2 Chronicles 6:36, Isaiah 53:6, Micah 7:2, Mark 10:18, Luke 18:19

Not "some". Not "most". ALL. NOBODY was saved before the coming of Jesus. Because if they were, Jesus would not have needed to come to save people who were already saved. This is so obvious. Why can you not see it?

Isaiah 45:17 says *shall be*. Future. I.e. *it hadn't happened yet*. It didn't happen until Jesus died and was raised. You constantly quote prophecies, while ignoring what they refer to and when.
---StrongAxe on 11/30/21


Look at it at a different angle. According to the Bible, everyone will be judged on judgment day...even those people who lived before Jesus. (Matthew 10:15) (Matthew 11:22).

Now with this being a fact...if God saves us, do you not think on the Day of Judgment, Moses and David will also be saved? Are we greater than Moses and David? I know I couldn't walk in their shoes...how about you?
---David on 11/30/21


Trav
During their lives, Moses and David were not saved.
This issue has nothing to do with "the house of Israel", or whether or not Jesus was sent to only them,--StrongAxe on 11/29/21

Thats weird, your scriptures supporting your opinion are invisible.
Oh, seems like you wont see them because they have the name Israel in them. Hmmm.

Deu 33:29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee, thou shalt tread upon their high places.

Isa 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
---Trav on 11/30/21


Trav:

YOU are the one who was confused. During their lives, Moses and David were not saved. If they had been, Jesus would not have needed to come to save them. What part of this is unclear to you? NOBODY was saved until Jesus came to save them.

The alternative is that salvation exists outside of Jesus. Do you really believe that?

This issue has nothing to do with "the house of Israel", or whether or not Jesus was sent to only them, so why do you keep bringing that up?


Also, why do you address comments I made to Ruben and not you, yet you ignore comments I made to you directly?
---StrongAxe on 11/29/21


Hebrews 11 list the OT HEIRS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS BY FAITH. Their faith in the promised Messiah was considered to be that of Justification by faith. They all died without receiving the PROMISE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, as is explained at the end of Hebrews, but saved all the same. They had to wait for us, and we see in Hebrews 12 these OT Saints are the Spirits OF JUST MEN MADE PERFECT. Their perfection came when Jesus rose from the dead. Before these were the righteous in Abraham's bosom, we see in Luke. They were brought to heaven AFTER JESUS ENTERED HEAVEN FIRST. AKA, no one can come to the Father except through Jesus Christ. THE VEIL INTO THE HOLY OF HOLIES ( THE PRESENCE OF GOD THE FATHER ...was not opened until Jesus opened the way.
---kathr4453 on 11/29/21




Ruben:
neither David, Moses, nor anyone else in the OT were saved.
---StrongAxe on 11/27/21

Wow. You are confused or just evil?

1st, Christ stated who he came for, the divorced of Israel.
Matt 10:6, Mat 15:24 I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
2nd, OT proves you unstudied and blind. All Israel will awake.
Eze 37:22 they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more:
Eze 37:23.
Eze 37:24 David my servant shall be king.
Eze 37:25 David their prince for ever.
Eze 37:26 for evermore.
Eze 37:27.
Eze 37:28. the gentile shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
---Trav on 11/28/21


Trav:

LIES. Show ONE place where I defended abortion. You can't, so you're bearing false witness. I know that doesn't seem to mean a lot to you, since you do it so often, but since the Bible thinks it's important, I would have expected you would, too.

I don't "kneel before any Democrat in power". Another lie.

You keep hurling blanket accusations at me, yet never mention one single specific thing I do or say that is biblically wrong. (Not generalities based on biases, inferences and implications. Actual concrete things.) Don't keep inferring things about "my doctrinal beliefs" that you make up in your own mind. Quote something I ACTUALLY SAID here, and take issue with that.

And good luck with that.
---StrongAxe on 11/28/21


Ruben:

Salvation and eternal life through Jesus didn't exist in the OT, so no, neither David, Moses, nor anyone else in the OT were saved. (If that were possible, Jesus would never have needed come, would he?)

Also, David and Moses repented their sins. Pastors in scandals didn't show up because they repented and they confessed their sins. They got caught red-handed - no repentance there.

Yes, not killing any babies would be ideal, but that has never happened. One way to lower the number is prohibition (which never worked, not for alcohol, nor drugs, nor abortions). Another way is to eliminate demand, by reducing unwanted pregnancies.

Both methods have been tried. The second is much MORE effective than the first.
---StrongAxe on 11/27/21


StrongAxe
That's the case in most religion's.
The assurance of salvation is found between their ears. Believe, have faith, and you are saved. But many worry in silence, if their faith is strong enough to save them.

You see, they teach their followers..to have faith in God,...but in their ignorance, teach folks, they do not need to be faithful. If you are doing what God commands you to do, you are being a faithful servant. But when you sin, you sin against God, and that is not being faithful.

Sin is much like cheating on a spouse. Ask your spouse, If they would call you faithful if you cheated on them. And if you did, wouldn't you at least have the courtesy to say, "I'm sorry"?(Confession of sin)
---David on 11/28/21


I NEVER "defended abortion". I show***
---StrongAxe on 11/27/21

The worst lie is too yourself. Youve shown us all in print that you kneel before any democrat in power. Their will, their platforms, are your reason for breathing. You will divert, cloak, promote, sell or buy a lie to protect them. Your doctrinal beliefs ride same donkey. Just glad you are out in the light where all see it.

Psa 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers, and will not sit with the wicked..
Psa 26:9Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:
---Trav on 11/28/21




Ephesians 5 along with other scripture states sin that should not once be named among Christians, also other places explicitly saying those who do such things WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

BUT those verses also don't preach sinless perfection.

Only God can see the heart, not man.

I believe 1 John says CONTINUE in sin. So Priests( an example) who are caught , moved to another perish AND CONTINUE MOLESTING is an example of an unrepentant heart. Same goes for any sin one CONTINUES after getting exposed. But it also shows these folks don't have the indwelling Holy Spirit that convicts of sin. And no one is saved without the indwelling Holy Spirit.
---kathr4453 on 11/28/21


StrongAxe * Case in point: there are many cases of pastors being expelled or even arrested because of scandals involving adultery, child abuse, embezzlement, or worse - which would never happen to truly saved people.

I guessed David and Moses were not truly saved ?

David committed adultery and Moses was a murder..

StrongAxe * I show that eliminating unwanted pregnancy is MORE EFFECTIVE than outlawing it -

I would think not killing babies is the ONLY way to go, dont you?
---Ruben on 11/27/21


I'm not sure what mainstream churches David has in mind. David doesn't know the first thing about my church or what we believe.

Just throwing out slander AKA SIN, to , what? What is the purpose of Davids continued lies about what he thinks I believe.

David's doctrine is not in scripture. It's not mainstream but has no stream at all. It's a cloud without water. Has no rhyme nor reason, and it's not built on the foundation of Christ crucified. He should not be proud his is not mainstream. He's proud it's a cult OF ONE. I've seen no one here in agreement with David's doctrine of saving himself. Mainstream believes JESUS SAVES AND THIS IS WHAT DAVID OBJECTS TO.
---kathr4453 on 11/27/21


Oh I believe absolutely if we confess our sin He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. The difference I believe is 1John is addressed to those already saved by Grace through faith in Jesus Christ who died for our sin.

So we are first JUSTIFIED BY FAITH IN JESUS FINISHED WORKS ON THE CROSS

1St John addresses sin AFTER you are saved, not a HOW TO GET SAVED. Romans 6 address CONTINUED SIN AFTER WE ARE SAVED.

David teaches confessing sin UNTIL YOU ARE SINLESS AND THEN GOD SAVES.

So David's doctrine has no foundation of truth.
---kathr4453 on 11/27/21


Trav:

Tim wrote: Your worldview is just like the communist leaders of these countries not the people.

He implied people's views are more important. I said that if so, people overwhelmingly chose Biden over Trump in 2020. (Also Hillary over Trump in 2016, but electoral laws handed him the victory).

I NEVER "defended abortion". I show that eliminating unwanted pregnancy is MORE EFFECTIVE than outlawing it - yet you NEVER address this. Why?

What "deviant lifestyles" do you think I defend? Be specific. I keep asking you this, yet you refuse to answer.
---StrongAxe on 11/27/21


David:

It's that you should mention that, because that seems to be a prevalent belief among American Evangelicals. If you ask them, "Are you saved?", they will certainly answer "Yes!". This is not based on the fact that God came down and told them so. It's based on their own belief - and that belief can sometimes be wrong.

Case in point: there are many cases of pastors being expelled or even arrested because of scandals involving adultery, child abuse, embezzlement, or worse - which would never happen to truly saved people. Also, snake-handling pastors who rely on Mark 16:18 - and die from snake bites, so there's some kind of disconnect between belief and reality there.
---StrongAxe on 11/26/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Repair


Conservatives are NOT in the majority.
---StrongAxe on 11/24/21

Conservatives do not need to be a majority. Just the lifestyles you uphold and defend so proudly, abortion, deviant lifestyles insure we will survive with heirs.
Conservatives like Israel always win in the end.
As per one righteous Rittenhouse defeats three. Your type non-sense we deal with left handed.
Deu 32:30 How should one chase a thousand, two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, the LORD had shut them up?
---Trav on 11/26/21


The Mainstream churches, like Kathrines, teach you don't need to confess your sin. I teach, that you do.

Who is right?
If you confess your sins, and there is no noticeable change about the way you see sin, after the prayer, the Mainstream is right.
But If you are made acutely aware of sin, immediately after that confession, the bible is right, (1 John 1).

Don't make your salvation a matter of what we teach, follow Gods Holy Spirit. Let the Spirit show you the Truth through your own personal experience. Relying on the teachings of men, instead of the Spirit, is what caused the division in the church.
---David on 11/27/21


Now David had mustard all over his face.

David, you are a good story teller I'll give you that, and Trav can't stop sticking his finger in his eye which is humorous... but you both need to find a storytelling site who loves fairy tales.

Those, like children, sit around in a circle with their blankies, sucking their thumbs while you lul them to sleep with stories of mustard stains on their cloths mother just washed. You both want an obedient room of children who you think loves your stories.

Naaaaaa. I'd rather watch Mr Rogers Neighborhood.
---kathr4453 on 11/26/21


.You teach folks they must simply believe they are saved...kinda like Buddhism, or Hinduism.

---David on 11/26/21

Hilarious, seeing Buddhism or Hinduism doesn't teach Jesus Christ is LORD and has died for our sin, and those WHO BELIEVE IN HIM for the remission of sin is nowhere in their belief system.

That's the problem David, you are not a teacher of the HOLY BIBLE. If you actually were you would never have made such a rediculous statement showing your ignorance.

Check out Acts 10:43 and Romans 3:25. Both prove your teaching wrong. Also showing you don't understand the Gospel.
---kathr4453 on 11/26/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Products


David, you have mustard on you. If what you say is true, then that explains why you have not overcome sin. It's because you are not confessing your sin you sin here over and over. And seeing you don't practice what you preach, and confession of sin has no power to render you sinless. If it did you would have stopped long ago. Before even coming on CN RIGHT? Or when did you discover you were sinless?

So , maybe if you confessed your sin of slandering others, you would actually stop slandering others.

You seem to be in a catch 22 here. Denying you have sinned here is not an option.

Ok done for the day. Time to get ready to eat.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
---kathr4453 on 11/25/21


Kathrine
Ok...but It wasn't being addressed to you. You and I are two different types of teachers. I teach folks what they must do to be saved...You teach folks they don't have to do anything to be saved.

I teach folks how they will know, without any doubt, they are saved...You teach folks they must simply believe they are saved...kinda like Buddhism, or Hinduism.

Everyone who has confessed sin before God, has experienced the remission of sins. You have no explanation for that experience, I do. You see that's what a real teacher does...they Teach folks how something is done.
---David on 11/26/21


Trav:
I already explained about abortion,
---StrongAxe on 11/24/21

You explained? You diverted and run fast. Ha! What a coward. All here seen the cowardly way you supported and defended the admin that upholds it. By a silly diversion comparison to another country. Every dead infant heard the hypocrisys of your defense.
Disgusting. Vile Imposter is too kind of a word.
Psa 15:4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned, but he honoureth them that fear the LORD.

Isa 32:6 For the vile person will speak villany, his heart will work iniquity, to practise hypocrisy, and to utter error against the LORD, to make empty the soul of the hungry, he will cause the drink of the thirsty to fail.
---Trav on 11/26/21


Trav:
You wrote: Im nice to Christians.

You should instead do ..
The mark of a Christian is loving your ENEMIES.
---StrongAxe on 11/24/21

But sir do not mistake that Ive given my love by extending truth for your hatred of all truth.
I love that enemies of GOD make perfect opportunities for posting GODs word.
You and your priestess spiritual darkness contrast appropriately with scriptural light.

Psa 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
---Trav on 11/26/21


Shop For Christian Fundraising


David, remission of sin means JESUS PAID OUR SIN DEBT, HE DIED IN OUR PLACE. ONCE AND FOR ALL. THERE IS NO MORE NEED FOR ANIMAL SACRIFICE. It does not mean sinlessness.

When you understand this truth we will continue . Until then, because you have made up your own definition, there is nothing here to discuss.
---kathr4453 on 11/25/21


Remission of sin, that cleansing which occurs after a confession of sin, a confession before Almighty God.
Why do we need this cleansing?
It's so we can recognize sin, and when we recognize sin, we will feel guilt over our sin.

Why does the bible compares this cleansing with making us Whiter than snow?
Because before this cleansing, we are much like someone going though life wearing dirty coveralls.
Do you notice the dirt on coveralls?
What would happen if you walked through life wearing a clean white suit everyday, verses the dirty coveralls?


Picture sin like a spot of mustard on a white suit.
Wouldn't your reaction to this stain be different, than when wearing the dirty coveralls?
---David on 11/25/21


Happy Thanksgiving David!

I pray you have a truly blessed day.

Yes I'm real.
---Samuel on 11/25/21


Trav:

You wrote: Im nice to Christians.

You should instead do what Jesus said. He said that loving your friends proves nothing, because even thieves do the same. The mark of a Christian is loving your ENEMIES.
---StrongAxe on 11/24/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Divorce


David, picture yourself as standing in a church teaching your beliefs, and someone raises their hand and pushes back, say like your insistence of total depravity. And you not liking the push back ATTACK the person accusing them of not having a conscience...I guess because they don't agree with you. Or correcting you on the definition of a REMISSION OF SIN. And I can see you having outbursts called SPIRITUAL ABUSE only found in Cults with leaders who cannot be challenged.

Is THIS why you are asked to leave churches you claimed you were asked to leave because of tour doctrine, OR YOUR SPIRITUAL ABUSIVE OUTBURSTS ? Or maybe both? Then you invite other abusers to join you, and that's suppose to prove how Godly you are? Really David?
---kathr4453 on 11/24/21


David, you're abusive. You have tantrums when you don't get your way, saying Strongaxe, Samuel and I don't have a conscience FOR ONE, is ABUSIVE DAVID. And that's not the only time you acted like a spoiled third grade mean girl when you are shown you are wrong.

I showed you the true definition of REMISSION of sin, and LOOK, your rantings started again making ugly accusations to change the subject. That's nuts. You hate when Strongaxe defends me CALLED JEALOUSY, and is completely opposite of the way Trav comes to your defense. There is no hate in Strongaxe's rebuke to you. When Trav throws in his "ungodly trash talk" YOU DONT REBUKE, so you are partakers of HIS SIN TOO. EPHESIANS 5:7
YOU ARE STILL A SINNER DAVID. REPENT.
---kathr4453 on 11/24/21


You are very dogmatic and are abusive to others who don't agree with you.---children.
---kathr4453 on 11/23/21


It would be helpful if you posted an example of me doing this, like the one I give below.

David, I've never witnessed a grown man behave the way you do. It's embarrassing to see a grown man behave the way you do. It's just so unmanly. And letting your imagination get so carried away is something you really shouldn't advertise.
---kathr4453 on 11/22/21
---David on 11/24/21


Trav:
You wrote: Unreal. Bizarre, or maybe more than a touch insane.

Yes, it is. You come to a Christian site, and claim to be a Christian, .
---StrongAxe on 11/23/21

Im nice to Christians. You are no Goliath, so ill just toss scripture pebbles your way.
Christ used names like Dog, Fox, Serpents and Vipers. Serpents and Vipers would describe say, the current evil Administration.

Ive noticed that truth really inspires you. In a negative direction.
Yes Ill will always rebuke you and your other personality's. Your falseness requires it.

Pro 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love
1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
---Trav on 11/24/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Marriage


Trav:

You wrote: Unreal. Bizarre, or maybe more than a touch insane.

Yes, it is. You come to a Christian site, and claim to be a Christian, yet most of the time you spend here is spent insulting, accusing, and maligning other people here, most of whom have been here much longer than you have. Do you behave the same way in real life?
---StrongAxe on 11/23/21


I'll ask him if he wants to continue with you.. ---kathr4453

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."
---David on 11/23/21

Unreal. Bizarre, or maybe more than a touch insane.
---Trav on 11/23/21


So many here assume the worst about others, and accuse them of things without evidence. How "Christian".

One commandment important enough to be written in stone, says "Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor". All accusations had to be brought by 2-3 three witnesses. Penalties for perjury were severe - the perjurer received twice the penalty the accused was subject to.

Many people reject Christianity, not because they detest Christ, but because they detest the hypocrisy of those who claim to serve him, yet totally ignore everything he said and held dear - as Paul quoted the scathing condemnation:
Romans 2:24: For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through YOU, as it is written.
---StrongAxe on 11/23/21


David, the average IQ would see that if I actually were Samuel, then I would post as Samuel again. What would stop me? That's a no brainer David. I would just keep it up...right? Right!

Now back to your not understanding the biblical word REMISSION OF SIN, that you made a comment on, after posting scripture you thought meant sinlessness.

I hope you see after all these years of your misunderstanding that scripture doesn't teach sinless perfection, total depravity, another race of people other than Adam and Eve and so on.

You are very dogmatic and are abusive to others who don't agree with you. I find such religious fanatics dangerous, like the horrible parents who for religious rigidity chained up their children.
---kathr4453 on 11/23/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Consolidation


David, unlike me, Samuel doesn't feel the need to get into a food fight with you. And seeing he is busy traveling around the world doesn't have time to drop everything to defend himself against the likes of you. He'll be back home for Thanksgiving. I'm sure you can wait until then, if he feels the need to rebuke you. When he's back in town, I'll ask him if he wants to continue with you. If you can't tell the differences in our posts, you have problems reading. We approach differently. ---kathr4453

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive."
---David on 11/23/21


Or possibly David is embarassed about not understanding the Biblical meaning of Remission of sin and had to create maham to hide that fact. I'm not gonna let that happen. OK, AGAIN It means Jesus paid the penalty of sin for us. He died in our place. Yes, sin has a penalty of death. Our sin was laid on Jesus Christ. The penalty of sin, Jesus took. It's what remission means. The total complete opposite of what you think it means.

David, I've never witnessed a grown man behave the way you do. It's embarrassing to see a grown man behave the way you do. It's just so unmanly. And letting your imagination get so carried away is something you really shouldn't advertise.
---kathr4453 on 11/22/21


David, unlike me, Samuel doesn't feel the need to get into a food fight with you. And seeing he is busy traveling around the world doesn't have time to drop everything to defend himself against the likes of you. He'll be back home for Thanksgiving. I'm sure you can wait until then, if he feels the need to rebuke you.

When he's back in town, I'll ask him if he wants to continue with you.

If you can't tell the differences in our posts, you have problems reading. We approach differently.

You're just out of excuses why you don't believe Romans 6-8 as Gods way to deal with CONTINUED SIN AFTER WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE. I think Samuel has great points, that somehow hit a nerve with you.
---kathr4453 on 11/22/21


I've seen kathr4453 occasionally use names like kathr445 or other similar typos. One needn't accuse others of devious behavior just because two people uses simple turns of a phrase....StrongAxe

Really StrongAxe?
Was that the excuse she used below, in her rebuttal?

David, that's because we are related, and believe and understand the same things. Many who believe as we do do use the same phraisology. But not exactly. I think Samuel is kinder and a little more patient than I am...Kathrine

Also..Have you noticed Samuel hasn't come out to defend her? Thats quite telling. And instead of admitting to it, she points her finger at me.

But Lets just let it drop, shall we??
---David on 11/22/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Refinancing


Trav+David:

I've seen kathr4453 occasionally use names like kathr445 or other similar typos. I've personally accidentally use Strongax (without the e) by mistake on a few occasions. One needn't accuse others of devious behavior just because two people uses simple turns of a phrase.

I've often seen conservatives do exactly the same thing, when it comes to propagandistic conservative talking points. They parrot exactly the same points using exactly the same words, because they pick them up from conservative media source.
---StrongAxe on 11/21/21


Aaaaaaahhhhhahahahaha. David is Trav. It's right there. Every time David can't defend his beliefs Trav shows up, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Isn't that a strange coincidence seeing they pretend to have different doctrines as far as the east is from the west. Who else does that here? NO ONE. This is too funny. I've always wondered what their motive is here? I think it's a concerted effort to attack Strongaxe and me as NOW IT IS PLAINLY OBVIOUS what their posts have been about all along. Too funny.

David and Trav are the same people.
---kathr4454 on 11/21/21


Your observation may be correct. She been caught many times using other post names, according to others on CN here in the past.---Trav

Hmmm...very frustrating.
Have to admit...She's good though. I always thought it strange how she types so many words and phrases using all Capital Letters. This is her way of separating the two personalities. But the same personality is in both.

If StrongAxe isn't backing her every word, she uses a made up poster to side with her. Kinda funny really!
---David on 11/21/21


The ONLY WAY to deal with THE FLESH, AKA OUR SIN MAN, is Romans 6-8. It's very clearly taught. We can never bring our flesh nature to a state of sinless perfection. If we could, there would be no need for Jesus death and resurrection life.

Paul clearly explains this in Romans 7. Our eternal salvation is because of our identification with Jesus in death and resurrection life where our old flesh sin nature died with Christ .Romans 6. Now we walk IN THE NEW CREATED CREATURE IN CHRIST. ALL THINGS BECOME NEW. We are a NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST, not a refurbished sinner. Romans 8.

And I think this is where David just doesn't get or believe. We walk in NEWNESS OF LIFE.
---kathr4453 on 11/21/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Franchises


And after reading through their posts you can see the same phraseology. When reading Samuels posts, you would swear they are from Kathrine.
Why?
Because they are!!
---David on 11/21/21

Your observation may be correct. She been caught many times using other post names, according to others on CN here in the past. I suspect legion main be the original.
Samuel is it hummmmm or hmmmmm?
---Trav on 11/21/21


David, that's because we are related, and believe and understand the same things. So sorry that seems to bother you. Many who believe as we do do use the same phraisology. But not exactly. I think Samuel is kinder and a little more patient than I am .

But that isn't going to excuse you from your false teachings here.
---kathr4453 on 11/21/21


Alright, you got me.
Took me a while, but Samuel and Kathrine are a bit more than kindred spirits. And after reading through their posts you can see the same phraseology. When reading Samuels posts, you would swear they are from Kathrine.
Why?
Because they are!!
---David on 11/21/21


Exactly Samuel, Paul said I DIE DAILY. So it is a daily obedience of faith. Paul never claimed he achieved sinless perfection. If he had, he would never have said I DIE DAILY.

WE ARE ALWAYS CARRYING ABOUT IN THE BODY THE DYING OF CHRIST SO THAT THE LIFE OF CHRIST IS MANIFEST.

Just another glaring omission in David's hodge podge doctrine skirting around the cross every witch way.
---kathr4453 on 11/20/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Lead Generation


David, I don't think you understand Romans 6-8. This is about Jesus Christ and how He works in our lives not how you work without the power of Christ in your life.

It's evident your argument shows you have not obeyed this part of our salvation. Those who have also know 1 Peter 4 say " those who have suffered in the flesh have ceased from sin" another important element you leave out. If you don't like Paul, why diss Peter who also represents Jesus Christ teaching? Confession doesn't require suffering. But if the Spirit is continually putting to death the deeds of the flesh, Romans 8:11-13 another important element you overlook, why would the Holy Spirit need to do this at every moment if you are sinless?
---Samuel on 11/20/21


Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.


Also Hebrews 9:22, without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin.


Let's stick to the verses that actually use the word REMISSION, that means forgivness, pardon, deliverance, freedom , liberty.

I think David might think in medical terms when someone says " I'm in remission" thinking the disease has been eradicated once and for all. But even those in remission can come out of remission.

That's not the BIBLICAL meaning of remission. The Biblical meaning is REMIT

REMIT
1.
cancel or refrain from exacting or inflicting (a debt or punishment).
---kathr4453 on 11/20/21


WHY DO SOME REJECT ROMANS 6-8?---kathr4454

Any witnesses?...NO.
So it's not Paul, It's your one sided doctrine we reject.

(Romans 6:6-7)knowing this: that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin...Samuel

Samuel
Why is our Old Man crucified?
To destroy the body of sin.
If we are still sinners, has the body of sin been crucified?
Obviously not, for if it had, we would no longer be sinners.
Why must the Body of sin be destroyed?
So we can serve God.
When you sin, are you serving God?
No.
---David on 11/20/21


David, If that were true, we would see through the RCC an astounding number of people throughout history as sinless. You claim there are only a FEW OF YOU who have achieved sinless perfection. So even if the RCC themselves don't believe in sinless perfection, ( remember purgatory ) the very fact of your THEORY proves you wrong.

There is no scripture saying simple confession of sin can achieve sinless perfection. What the Bible teaches is OUR IDENTIFICATION WITH JESUS IN DEATH AND RESURRECTION LIFE has the power of REMISSION OF SIN.

ACTS says nothing about sinless perfection....it says THOSE WHO ARE SANCTIFIED BY FAITH IN CHRIST. Two things you don't believe in....FAITH AND SANCTIFICATION.
---kathr4453 on 11/19/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Mortgages


So you want to go back BEFORE JESUS DEATH AND RESURRECTION, correct?

But I'm talking about TODAY. Not before the cross or back to the Law of Moses.

Why do some people ignore or trample under foot the blood of the covenant in Jesus Blood, insult the Spirit of GRACE that came with Jesus death and resurrection and trodden underfoot the SON OF GOD. HEBREWS 10:26-28 addresses this very issue with Jews who rejected the finished works of Christ. Jesus paid it all. There is no more sacrifice for sin. It's been paid IN FULL.

So again , WHY DO SOME REJECT ROMANS 6-8 showing the finished works of Christ TODAY in the lives of believers regarding sin? Is it they are like unbelieving Jews awaiting God's wrath?
---kathr4454 on 11/19/21


(Acts 26:17-18).....to open their eyes and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith that is in Me.

How does God turn us from darkness to light?

(1 John 1:6-7,9) If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

AKA...Remission of sins!!!
---David on 11/19/21


I believe David is missing the point of sin. Paul addressed the continuation of sin after one has repented and exactly where and WHO that power comes through. David, even if you want to preach sinless perfection Romans 6-8 is the only POWER there is over sin.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
---Samuel on 11/19/21


Matthew 3:1-2)
In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, Repent ye, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.


And what did the people do when told to Repent?
(Matthew 3:6)
And they were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.


Are we told to Repent too?
(Revelation 2:5)Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent and do the works as at first, or else I will come unto thee quickly and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, unless thou repent.
---David on 11/19/21


Read These Insightful Articles About Personal Loans


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.