ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

What Are The Sons Of God

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become the sons of God" (John 1:12-13)

What is the Power, referred to in this verse, God gave us so we could become the Sons of God? And if we were given this power, how do we use it?

Join Our Christian Dating and Take The Who Is Jesus Bible Quiz
 ---David on 2/27/22
     Helpful Blog Vote (3)

Post a New Blog



Psa 105:10 And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
Psa 136:22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant:
---Trav on 4/16/22

Putting to sleep the doctrines of clamor, are words, Everlasting, For Ever, Redeem and Heritage.

Isa 44:1Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant, and Israel, whom I have chosen:
Isa 44:2Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee, Fear not, O Jacob, my servant, and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.
Isa 44:21Remember these, O Jacob and Israel, for thou art my servant: I have formed thee, thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me.
---Trav on 4/17/22


Trav is going to believe what he wants. He, like so many have chosen not to question their Cult leaders , but are what us now the Zombie Nation of mindless robots only programmed to recite this and that.

Real humans WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT INDWELT can read scripture like Peter going to Cornrlius, seeing Peter was shocked God would send him ....hummmmm to others of Israel????????according to Trav. Why would Peter and Company think going to the lost sheep of Israel ,Trav says Cornelius was, and be shock when they were saved and given the Holy Spirit?

Was any tribe of Israel compared to unclean meat? Was any Tribe of Israel regardless forbidden to enter the house of another tribe regardless? No. No scripture supports Trav nonsense.
---kathr4453 on 4/17/22


Trav:

Every posts you quoted was from Psalms - written when God was dealing exclusively with Israel. You keep forgetting we're Christians, not Jews. We live under the New Covenant, not the Old, where you're REQUIRED to keep every single point of the law (all 600+ of them), or else you're condemned.

Jesus came to give us a better way, and even though he was first sent to the Jews only (i.e. Israel), he sent his disciples to spread the good news to ALL NATIONS. In many places, this is mentioned "To the Jew first, and also to the Greek". Greeks were descended from Javan in the OT, who was not in any related to Israel, or even to Abraham, yet they were included too.

You need to update your theology by a few centuries.
---StrongAxe on 4/16/22


Heb 8:8 ,****when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
---Trav on 4/10/22

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High.
Psa 105:6
Psa 105:10 And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
Psa 135:4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.
Psa 136:22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: .
Isa 14:1For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.
---Trav on 4/16/22


Psa 111:5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.
---Trav on 4/13/2

Continued Sheep fodder for the Leftist lambs among us.

Psa 111:9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.
Psa 135:4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.
Psa
136:22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psa 147:19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
Psa 147:20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.
---Trav on 4/15/22




Trav:

You wrote: Amazing response by some to just posting scripture on a Christian blog. Condemnation vs inspiration. Tells us the time we live in.

This is extremely ironic, coming from someone who devotes most of his messages to condemnation, unsubstantiated accusations, vile insinuations, and constant mockery - intermingled with scriptures to put a thin veneer of holiness on the whole mess.
---StrongAxe on 4/14/22


We are under the New Covenant given to us by Jesus Christ.
---David on 3/13/22

Amazing response by some to just posting scripture on a Christian blog. Condemnation vs inspiration. Tells us the time we live in.

Deu 32:9 For the LORD'S portion is his people, Jacob is the lot of his
inheritance.
2Sa 7:24For thou hast confirmed to thyself thy people Israel to be a people unto thee for ever: and thou, LORD, art become their God.
Psa 105:10And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant:
Psa 111:5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.
---Trav on 4/13/22


Trav:

You keep lying and saying we abhor scripture. We do NOT. We just abhor YOUR unbiblical interpretation of scriptures you quote.

I have quoted SEVERAL scriptures that proved the new Convenant of Christ was offered to the Jews FIRST, and later to ALL MEN, yet you continuously refuse to accept that, insisting it applies to Israel only.

You have also said you don't even know if you're part of Israel or not, so you don't even know if the New Covenant applies to you or not.

As for "divisive", your claim that the New Covenant applies only to Israel and not anyone else is literally dividing Christ. Remove the beam from your own eye before criticizing the speck in others'.
---StrongAxe on 4/12/22


We are under the New Covenant given to us by Jesus Christ.
---David on 3/13/22

David, I see the servanthood in ya.
It is always interesting that divisive types cannot provide scripture to rebut scripture that they abhor.
Starting in Gen with a GOD who solidifys foundational understanding by his own testimony.
Gen 17:7-21. Ex 19:6. Lev 20:26 ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.
Lev 25:55 For unto me the children of Israel are servants, they are my servants,
Deu 7:6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
---Trav on 4/12/22


David:

Trav has repeatedly said on these blogs that the New Covenant ONLY applies to Israel alone, and not to any other nations. When asked whether or not he himself is of Israel, he said he doesn't know. How can this perspective possibly be considered biblical? What is your opinion on the matter?
---StrongAxe on 4/11/22




So David. What Trav has been arguing here for some time is that you are excluded from the New Covenant, seeing you are not the House of anything.

BUT I HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU. Paul explains so eloquently in Galatisns that before the OLD COVENANT, which became obsolete through the New Covenant, was an EVERLASTING COVENANT made with Abraham 430 before the Old Covenant that was never annulled. YEA. So the New Covenant actually never replaced the Abrahamic Covenant that ALL FAMILIES OF THE EARTH are included in.

It's all in Galatians 3.

So you not being from any of the HOUSES of Judah or Israel is not a problem.
---kathr4453 on 4/11/22


We are under the New Covenant given to us by Jesus Christ.

---David on 3/13/22

You mean this one,

: For this is My blood of the NEW COVENANT, which is shed for many for the remission of sins (Matthew 26:28-29
---Ruben on 3/13/22

Above is same as Jer 31:31 and Heb 8:8.
Many is not all.
Only servant / wife All of Israel had the Laws to be judged and forgiven for breaking them.
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites, to whom pertaineth the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises,
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
---Trav on 4/10/22


Hmmm...you know...you're right! I am not a teacher of the Law of Moses, so I do make mistakes in those areas. Thank you for the correction.

---David on 3/14/22

Paul was an EXCELLENT teacher of the Law. And Paul knowing the Law as well as he did could teach GRACE and know perfectly every detail of each and the differences. That's why Paul could so boldly write Galatins 2:20-21 and know exactly what he was talking about.

Those who don't know or understand the law of Moses should not be teaching at all. They have not studied to show themselves approved of God.
---kathr4453 on 4/2/22


Good points Katyr.
---Samuelbb7 on 3/16/22


Correction, Job 42, God told them to go to Jobs and sacrifice for their own sin, and Job would pray for them.

So Job didn't sacrifice for his friends. Job did however sacrifice for his sons at the beginning of Job.

I guess misrepresenting God's character would be to bear false witness. They meant well, but were wrong. God's wrath was still kindled against them regardless.

So it looks like one can bear false witness unintentionally out of ignorance. It's no excuse in God's eyes.
---kath4453 on 3/16/22


So to show David another thought, ..before the law of Moses, before any laws were written in stone there was sacrifice for sin. Abel, Abraham, Job scripture says all sacrificed for sin. We see in Hebrews 11 Abel's sacrifice was accepted, (a blood sacrifice), Cain's wheat was not. The beginning of Job we see Job sacrificed for the sins of his sons. And of course Abraham on one occasion was asked to sacrifice Isaac, we know in the end God provided a ram.


So NO, to your thoughts that sacrifice is only for sin of those in a stone. Job in the end sacrificed for his friends , because God said THEIR SIN was misrepresenting God. AKA FALSE TEACHING in their advice to Job. That's a big one.
---kathr4453 on 3/16/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Study


The laws written in stone are based on love. They are the basic rules. The other laws are based on them. But more detailed. Like moving the boundary stones is stealing. When anyone committed a son. It was always atoned for by blood. Jesus shed his blood to atone for ouor sins.
---Samuelbb7 on 3/15/22


David, does scripture say only those written in stone are the only sins Jesus shed His blood for?

Your thoughts ?

So , your claim that you are sinless is because you only recognize certain sins as sin?

I believe our old man , our earthly man IS SIN , and our whole old man has fallen short of THE GLORY OF GOD. THE HOPE OF GLORY AGAIN IS IN CHRIST ALONE. Colossians 1:24-27.

If you are so focused on this sin or that you can't see the forest for the trees, as the saying goes.
---kathr4453 on 3/15/22


StrongAxe & Kathrine
Thank you for giving me your thoughts on the subject. And thanks to your correction, I think I may now have the answer. The ones written in stone were the only ones which required a sacrifice.
Thoughts?
---David on 3/15/22


I believe if Scripture doesn't explicitly say WHY some laws were on stone and others weren't, then it is sin to make up why.

But that's the problem with man made ideas. Actually the word " ceremonial laws" is not in scripture either.

But we know incest was not in stone, however is by reality when we look around the world even those who don't practice Christianity know it's as much a sin as murder.

Interestingly too, murder stealing, lying etc are laws many non Christian people who don't have the law written on their heart obey. Aren't these the law of conscience every human is born with?
---kathr4453 on 3/14/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Bible Verses


David:

You wrote: Your thoughts on why some were written on stone?

I guess that these particular ones were considered absolutely the most important. Many of these were subsequently elaborated on (e.g. what specific circumstances were forbidden, and what the punishments were).

Jesus reduced all of the law even further to just Two Commandments: Love God with all your heart, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

New believers in the New Testament church were given just four prohibitions: idols, fornication, things strangled, and blood.
---StrongAxe on 3/14/22


I don't think "omission and commission" is what distinguishes these two.---StrongAxe on 3/11/22

Hmmm...you know...you're right! I am not a teacher of the Law of Moses, so I do make mistakes in those areas. Thank you for the correction.

Your thoughts on why some were written on stone?
---David on 3/14/22


The PART David YOU DONT UNDERSTAND is the Law of Christ is only activated in those who have been crucified with Christ. This is why it couldn't be accessed in the OT. Those who walk IN THE SPIRIT have OBEYED ROMANS 6, making Roman's 8 possible.


Galatians 5:22-25

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.


25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. ROMANS 6-8 WITNESS THESE TRUTHS.
---kathr4453 on 3/13/22


We are under the New Covenant given to us by Jesus Christ.

---David on 3/13/22

You mean this one,

: For this is My blood of the NEW COVENANT, which is shed for many for the remission of sins (Matthew 26:28-29
---Ruben on 3/13/22


Shop For Christian Home Business Opportunities


David:

What exactly are "God's laws"? God gave Moses 600+ laws to give to Israel. These included things like not blending fabrics, not seething a calf in its mothers milk, not shaving, etc. Are we required to keep these laws? All 600+ of them? If not, which ones are we exempt from, and where is those exemptions listed?

Paul specifically wrote that anyone who tries to justify themselves by keeping the law is required to keep ALL of it - and if they break even one single point, they break it ALL.

Paul also wrote that we are no longer under the law.
---StrongAxe on 3/13/22


We are under the New Covenant given to us by Jesus Christ.
Many believe we are not under Gods Laws...which sounds pretty foolish when you consider that's what a covenant is...and Paul called the Lords teachings..The Law of Christ in (Galatians 6:2), and taught against the lawless (1 Timothy 1:9). If you are not under the Law, you are Lawless.

The difference between the Law of Christ and the Law of Moses...is the New Law is written on our hearts and in our minds (Hebrews 10:6), and guided to keep these Laws through the Holy Spirit.
What are these Laws?
Laws of Love, love for God and love for all of mankind.
Why do we need to keep these Laws?
They condition the heart so we can love. (Ezekiel 11:19)
---David on 3/13/22


Abraham had many children, including Ismaels offspring. And Abraham marrying after Sarah and having 6 more Children. Esau would also be included in Abraham children.
SO NO, no covenant was made with them.

So NO God made a covenant with ABRAHAM ALONE. And that Covenant was passed to Isaac then Jacob.

The spiritual children of Abraham are under FAITH, and was established and never annulled, 430 years BEFORE THE LAW GIVEN TO ISRAEL.

But it's important to have a Holy Bible. And understand Roman's 4 and ALL OF GALATIANS.

David, the more you talk the worse it gets. You are showing you know NOTHING about scripture.

But I'm loving the opportunity to oppose with the truth of scripture.
---kathr4453 on 3/12/22


A lot of double talk there and total nonsense David.

Trying to disect sin into categories, trying to disect the Law into categories just doesn't work here. Thou shall Love the Lord your God is not a Thou shall not. Neither is to honor your Parents.

In God's eyes SIN IS SIN. It's not categorized or put on a scale of 1-10.

And has nothing to do with the question above...HOW TO BECOME A son of God. You can become a son of God ONE WAY....THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. PLEASE NOTE THE WORD "THROUGH"

No one can come to the Father EXCEPT "THROUGH" JESUS CHRIST.
---kathr4453 on 3/12/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Arthritis


David:

The Ten Commandments were not all "laws of prohibition", e.g. "Honor your father and your mother".

Also, many of the 600+ laws of Moses were also prohibitions. Don't seethe a calf in its mother's milk. Don't blend linen and wool in the same garment. Don't touch a pig. Don't have carnal knowledge of (a whole list of close relatives). Don't muzzle an ox. Don't eat unclean animals. Don't move boundary markers.

The Law doesn't make a distinction between affirmative commands and prohibitions. It also doesn't make a distinction between ceremonial laws and moral laws (as some people like to teach, i.e. Jesus did away with the former but not the latter), but they are all mixed together in scripture.
---StrongAxe on 3/12/22


Part 1
Since many of you have been weaned on Pauls Epistles, I will try to untangle the woven web of deception.

God made a covenant with the children of Abraham. This covenant was composed of many Laws, Laws which were separated into two groups. Laws which the people were required to do (600+) called Works. And (10) Laws of prohibition...which Gods children were forbidden to do. Though we are not under these Laws...the New Covenant is very similar.

Many doctrines teach Gods Laws of prohibition are Works of the Law. This is not entirely untrue, for if you break them, they become Works. Only they are not the Works of the Law of God, they are Works of the Law of sin and Death.(1 Corinthians 15:56).
---David on 3/12/22


David the Works of the law of Moses consist of 600+ Laws given to Israel. And by the Works of the Law which also included Circumcision NO MAN IS JUSTIFIED.

There is no such thing in scripture of sins of omission and sins of commission. That is RCC doctrine.

600+ Laws given to Israel were never written on stone. 600+ minus the 10 ARE NOT CALLED THE SINS OF OMMISSION or whatever. If they were, not being circumcised would be a sin. I think scripture is clear in Galatians that THAT TEACHING NEGATES THE PREACHING OF THE CROSS. But you still don't get that I know.

Again, if you don't have that part correct your house of cards FALL APART, and reveal your ignorance of scripture. That's why David you are not qualified to teach.
---kathr4453 on 3/11/22


David:

You wrote: why did God write the Ten in stone? What's the difference between the Laws written on stone and the ones that were not written on stone? The laws of omission and commission.

The Ten Commandments are mostly prohibitions, but include one positive command: honor your father and mother. The Law of Moses also contained many prohibitions, but also some positive commands. I don't think "omission and commission" is what distinguishes these two.
---StrongAxe on 3/11/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Asthma


We cannot EARN GRACE, as he continues to preach and teach. God's Grace works only through FAITH, NOT OF WORKS---kathr4453 on 3/10/22

Kathrine
The Ten Commandments...as pertaining to the Law of Moses...were not the "Works of the Law". Now if you think I'm wrong, why did God write the Ten in stone? What's the difference between the Laws written on stone and the ones that were not written on stone? The laws of omission and commission.
---David on 3/11/22


NO Faith NO Grace

Romans 4:4
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace, to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed, ...

Romans 5:2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
---kathr4453 on 3/11/22


Your Love for God and his Love for you...will destroy the body of sin and death.
Continued...
---David on 3/10/22

Romans 6-8 clearly show how the body of sin and death becomes DEAD. This has been pointed out to David more than 50 times here and he continues to call those scriptures a lie, and tries to substitute for his own false doctrine.

Galatians 5:22-25 Galatians 2:20-21, also reiterate Roman's 6-8. THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD is CHRIST IN YOU..THE HOPE OF GLORY. COLOSSIANS 1:24-27. THIS IS THE GRACE FOR WHICH WE STAND.

So STAND FAST and do not be moved away by the false rantings of those who don't know the first thing about THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD.
---kath4453 on 3/11/22


Yes Strongaxe BOTH are correct. 1/2 a truth is no truth. David doesn't believe in FAITH, and has no clue what and how FAITH plays in our salvation. And David's definition Of GRACE is also incorrect. We cannot EARN GRACE, as he continues to preach and teach. God's Grace works only through FAITH, NOT OF WORKS LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST.

I do know what scripture teaches. I know what Paul taught. Just because I see it differently does not mean I'm calling Paul or anyone a liar. That argument is getting old , stale and smelly.

I just don't believe YOUR INTERPRETATION DAVID. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM .....NOT PAUL OR JESUS.
---kathr4453 on 3/10/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Cholesterol


For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
(Ephesians 2:8)

Exactly. Just like it says. No one needs David's personal commentary on that verse.

Talk about taking a verse and embellishing .....
---kath4453 on 3/10/22


David, GRACE doesn't save us...---kathr4453 on 3/10/22
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
(Ephesians 2:8)

Kathrine, blame Paul..He taught it a long time before I did. You seem to think I wrote everything in the Bible you don't believe. Flattering to be sure..but I swear...I didn't write anything in the Bible.
We all have Bibles David and can read for ourselves. ---kathr4453 on 3/10/22
Obviously not, you have been reading the Bible most of your life, and you didn't know we are saved by Grace.
I know, Start your own blog question, telling folks how they are saved, without doing anything to be saved. We would find that an interesting topic!!
---David on 3/10/22


kathr4453:

You wrote: David, GRACE doesn't save us, JESUS SAVES.

BOTH are right:

We are saved by grace through faith/belief: Ephesians 2:8, Acts 16:31, Romans 10:9-10, Mark 16:16

Jesus saves us: Matthew 1:21, Hebrews 7:25, Titus 3:5, Luke 19:10, 2 Timothy 1:9

WE save others by bringing them back to the truth: James 5:19-20
---StrongAxe on 3/10/22


David, GRACE doesn't save us...---kathr4453 on 3/10/22
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
(Ephesians 2:8)

Kathrine, blame Paul..He taught it a long time before I did. You seem to think I wrote everything in the Bible you don't believe. Flattering to be sure..but I swear...I didn't write anything in the Bible.
We all have Bibles David and can read for ourselves. ---kathr4453 on 3/10/22
Obviously not, you have been reading the Bible most of your life, and you didn't know we are saved by Grace.
I know, Start your own blog question, telling folks how they are saved, without doing anything to be saved. We would find that an interesting topic!!
---David on 3/10/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Lasik Surgery


David, GRACE doesn't save us, JESUS SAVES. Why is that so difficult for you to understand. We are saved by Grace through faith in Jesus Christ death and resurrection.

You continually bypass the Cross. You are a false teacher. Just give it a rest.

We all have Bibles David and can read for ourselves. You're not the Holy Spirit, and certainly do not have the Gift of teaching. You are also not the intermediary between God and man.
---kathr4453 on 3/10/22


How does Grace save us?
When you live in obedience to Jesus Christ..you will be loved by God the Father. (John 14:21-23)
You will find, you don't want to go through life anymore not being in that relationship with God. And once you come into repentance (Love God), you will not want to sin, you will want to keep the Lords commandments.
But didn't you say, repentance was guilt over sin?
When you didn't love God, there was no guilt over sin, when you love God, there will be guilt over sin. Your Love for God will grow and you will find, the greater your love for God...the greater your guilt when you sin (Romans 7:13). Your Love for God and his Love for you...will destroy the body of sin and death.
Continued...
---David on 3/10/22


Strongaxe, I agree. Confessing sin is not necessarily repentance. It seems that's what David has left out. 1 John is addressed to those who are FIRST SAVED, not some blanket formula unbelievers can follow. And FEELING FORGIVEN a genuine feeling comes from the Holy Spirit being IN US,not some FEELING we feel from our sinful flesh nature. One can't just go out and peddle the BLOOD OF JESUS and limit it to their doctrine. It's WAY MORE than David realizes.

To be PURCHASED with the blood of Jesus I think is important to understand first. 1 Peter 1:18-19, 1 Cor 6:19-20, Acts 20:28,Hebrews 9:12,Ephesians 1:7. These are addressed to those already saved. If your not already saved, 1st John does not apply.
---kathr4453 on 3/10/22


kathr4453:

Many believe "easy grace" - God forgives anything we confess, forgetting repentance is essential. Saying "I'm sorry" then doing it again doesn't cut it.

Many people treat confession as a get-out-of-hell free card, and God like a genie who grants every wish, or a slot machine: insert prayer, receive wish. This totally misses the point. It's like a spoiled entitled teenager expecting Daddy to buy everything. (Google: teenage birthday lamborghini).

I heard two songs from Christian satirist musicians year ago, that included the lines:
"Lord give me patience. I want it now!" and
"Make me healthy! Make me wealthy! Lord won't you bless my everlasting shopping list"
---StrongAxe on 3/9/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Bullion


I've always wondered why many who go to confession in the Catholic Church, say like those in the Mafia, who for the most part are Catholic go out and kill, steal again. Do they think confession is a free pass to do again? Is their lives changed because they confess their sin?

Salvation is so much more than confessing sin. We see as an example the Catholics do confess and do mass daily, yet do not have a Biblical understanding of salvation, because they are under a works doctrine.

David, why don't we see more SINLESS folks in the RCC? More sinless Monks and Nuns? They don't claim sinless perfection yet follow your teaching.
---kathr4453 on 3/9/22


Now I don't expect you to take my word for it, so go and confess your sin before God. Just ask God to forgive you for all your sins..and he will..because that's his promise. (1 John 1: 8 & 9)

Now go through your day as you normally do, and notice how much more difficult it is to take office supplies home with you (stealing)...Call in sick when you aren't (Lie)...tell or listen to a dirty joke...(Honor your parents) Etc...
Now instead of breaking these commandments..Keep them!!

And when you live in obedience to God...keeping these commandments...which the Holy Spirit will put into your mind...just stand back and watch Gods Grace work,...how it really works!!
How does Grace work to save us?
Continued
---David on 3/9/22


Exactly Strongaxe. And in order to understand what Paul is saying in verses 5-7 we need to also read and understand verse 4 first and foremost. I'd rather bring fruit unto God. Fruit unto death here is not s good thing.


Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ, that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Romans 7:5
For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Just to note here...death in verse 5 is not what being baptized into HIS DEATH means. It's not the death vs 4 is talking about.
---kathr4453 on 3/9/22


(Romans 7:8 & 9) But sin, taking occasion through the commandment,wrought in me all manner of concupiscence, for without the law sin was dead. For I was alive apart from the law once, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died..
What commandment is Paul referring too?
It's that commandment, which keeps you a slave to sin. It's that commandment you try your very best to keep, because God noticeably punishes you when you break it. Believe me, you're breaking more than just one the of the Lords commandments, only you don't recognize all of the sin in your life.
Why don't you recognize it?
Unconfessed sin separates us from God, so...we do not recognize sin.
Continued..
---David on 3/9/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Menopause


kathr4453:

You wrote: We're not called to be fruit inspectors or odor sniffers.

Yes, exactly. Jesus called us to bear spiritual fruit, not to be fruit inspectors.
---StrongAxe on 3/7/22


(John 14:21)"He that hath My commandments and keeps them, he it is that loves Me, and he that loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him.

If we are slaves to sin, how can we possibly keep the Lords commandments?
A little secret....We can keep every commandment the Lord gives us through his Holy Spirit...except one (Romans 7:9). This is why the Bible says, his commandments are not difficult to keep (1 John 5:3).

What happens when we keep the commandments that are not difficult?
Jesus says..."My Father will Love you".
What does this mean?
This translates into a life being blessed by God, noticed blessings.
Continued..
---David on 3/8/22


Are we talking about everyone or Christians? Many have seared consciences who don't even believe in God. David seems to be accusing Christians of being lawless and just don't care.

Of course the unsaved don't confess sin hourly. They usually boast of their sin, and yes we are not to fellowship with them in the first place. They don't stink to one another, but probably have a familiar odor they all recognize.

But yes continually accusing the brethren David does here night and day....scripture says is of the devil.

We're not called to be fruit inspectors or odor sniffers.
---kathr4453 on 3/7/22


David:

I'm not "always looking for an argument". I was just pointing out that your analogy was flawed.

The point you seemed to be making was NOT that "people who don't bathe stink" (which is obvious, and I don't think anyone has a problem with), but "when people who stink because they don't bathe, they no longer care about it" (which may be true for some, but not all in general). That ties in to the point you were making, that seemed to be "when people who sin for a long time, they no longer care".
---StrongAxe on 3/7/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Penpals


That's so funny. Even the wealthy years ago didn't bathe every day. That's what nosegays were for. Not everyone is in the military fighting , not everyone is playing professional sports, nor everyone is fleeing Ukraine who I'm sure those fleeing or trapped haven't showered for sometime. I'll bet POW'S throughout the years didn't bathe regularly. I'll bet those 40000 Jews 40 years in the wilderness didn't bathe daily either, yet were God's chosen people.

David. Do you think we are all 1St graders? Why do you teach like everyone is a 1st grader. It's insulting.
---kathr4453 on 3/7/22


StrongAxe
Calm down..it was an Analogy!!
You always look for an argument. I was not condemning homeless people...of course they smell because they don't have access to showers. I was pointing out, the fact people who don't bathe for long periods of time...stink. I used the homeless, because they are the most prevalent example people can identify with.

I could have used military operations, but most people never serve.
I've had that experience in the Marines, when sometimes we would need to go weeks without bathing. Believe me, you don't know you smell that bad, until after you're bathed, and try to put the dirty clothes you had on, back on.
---David on 3/7/22


Well first of all Christians aren't homeless. Heaven is our home. We're seated with Christ in heavenly places IN CHRIST. Hidden with God in Christ. COLOSSIANS 3:1-4.

The smell up here is marvelous. Not one homeless person here.

To those homeless , living in this crazy scarry world today...do you want a home and ALL the Riches that are IN CHRIST JESUS? You can have this too. And you don't have to work to become sinless before being accepted into the Household of God. Jesus did it all. Receive Jesus and you will become a son of God. HE will wash and cleanse you, and cloth you in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. And boy oh boy, it smells HEAVENLY.
---kathr4453 on 3/7/22


David:

Homeless people don't stink and wear dirty clothes because they don't notice, but because they don't have access to showers, laundromats, and clothing stores. If you offer them a shower or a change of clothes, they gladly accept.

I know there are some homeless people so far gone they don't care - generally mentally ill people dumped on the street because they can't afford health care. They are that way because they are mentally ill, NOT because they are homeless. Some people with places to live are like that too.

Jesus did much better with sinners (who knew they weren't perfect) than with Pharisees (who thought they were).
---StrongAxe on 3/6/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Accounting


A sinner, who doesn't confess sin daily, is like homeless person who walks through life without bathing or washing their clothes. Over...time, they don't notice the dirt or the stench they have become. This is why the homeless can wear unwashed clothes, which would cause anyone else to wretch.

When cleansed in the Blood of Jesus (1 John 1:7), it's like a homeless person being cleansed and made aware of their stench. Being made aware, they will wretch from the stench too. Confession is like putting on a white suit. In a white suit we can clearly see the sin, enabling us to turn from it. If you were dressed in white and got mustard on your suit, you would react much differently (to sin) than one who walks through life in dirty clothes.
---David on 3/6/22


Christians who sin and confess their sin and know God's cleansing and forgiveness DO UNDERSTAND IT. It's also called the GRACE OF GOD. We don't think because we are saved we can't sin, or don't have to get right with the Lord.

David's audience is not BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS who live by faith. I really don't know who David's audience is he wants to teach and audition for some new Cult.

The only thing I see is David no longer confessing HIS sin, because he now claims to be sinless. I think he's confusing himself with ...I don't know...some lone wing nut he ran into claiming because he's saved he is either sinless or doesn't have to confess sin? And thinks that one WING NUT represents everyone. That's so ignorant it's not even funny.
---kathr4453 on 3/6/22


Another great Biblical example of not living by our emotions re experiences with emotions would be Job. I would venture to say in TODAYS false doctrine, if one were going through what Job went through, they wouldn't FEEL SAVED at all. However Job said, THOUGH HE SLAY ME YET WILL I TRUST IN HIM. Job 13:15. So we see Job didn't live by emotions or experience and react to his experience in a negative way.

But the actual experience of having your faith TESTED would be an experience proving your salvation. 1 Peter 1:7. Also note this is from Peter, not Paul, for those who don't like Paul.

I'd love to hear David's EXPERIENCE of having his faith tested.
---kathr4453 on 3/6/22


To live by EMOTIONS, Satan can imitate as a wonderful experience relying on our sinful flesh nature. Walking in the Spirit is not a human EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE. WE WALK BY FAITH NOT BY SIGHT. Sight can be living in our emotions. Today I FEEL SAVED, yesterday I didn't FEEL saved.

Faith is taking God at His word no matter what experience or emotion we might be feeling. Faith is not living by experiences.

This is sanctification 101. God exercises us right from the beginning to squash this idea out of us. Look at Abraham and Sarah' EXPERIENCE. They took experience, logic, etc and failed by having Ishmael. When God promises HE COMES THROUGH and it has nothing to do with our feelings. It has to do with GODS WILL AND PURPOSE.
---kathr4453 on 3/5/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Fundraisers


Post what scripture says, not what EVERYONE ELSE thinks. Why? BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOD.

David may be giving his own personal experience and assumes EVERYONE ELSE is exactly like him, thinks like him, etc.

I found this mentality years ago when attending Kay Arthur Bible study. Kay taught because she was immoral and always thought of lust and immorality before saved EVERY WOMAN was like her. WRONG. It put immoral ideas and thoughts in heads of women that weren't there before.

This is not how Salvation is taught. It's not about us or what we think or experience , but what God's Word says.

Take those being slain in the spirit. ITS NOT BIBLICAL, but many EXPERIENCE SOMETHING...NOT BIBLICAL. Be Careful what you eat.
---kathr4453 on 3/5/22


Forgiveness after confession of sin, is an experience like none other. Many have this experience, but they don't understand it.
Why?
Because they believe they are saved, and the sins of the believer are already forgiven. So why ask for forgiveness for that which has been forgiven? But when circumstances arise, when they feel the need to confess, they don't recognize what they experience is forgiveness.
What is that experience?
A fear of the world. Your eyes have been opened to see what you couldn't see before, the pervasiveness of Evil in the world....and in you. You can see it, because the darkness in which you have walked, has been removed by the light. You are on the path to righteousness. (1 John 1)
Continued...
---David on 3/5/22


The Promise of the Holy Spirit is given ONLY to those whose faith is in Jesus Christ. It's the Ernest deposit of our salvation Ephesians 1:14 and 2 Cor 1:22 state this seal of the Holy Spirit is FOREVER.


Galatians 3:14
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Also read Ephesians 1:14 and 2 Corinthians 1:22.
---kathr4453 on 3/5/22


Strongaxe, yes there are different judgements. The one in Matthew says is is the judgement of Nations. I believe this judgement is based on people's behavior during the Great Tribulation based on how the different Nations treat the Jews.

our salvation during this age of Grace is based on our faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Those saved today KNOW HOW AND WHY THEY ARE SAVED.

THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT is all who are not part of the First Resurrection.
---kathr4453 on 3/4/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Ecommerce


kathr4453:

Sadly, many who believe OSAS treat it as a license to do whatever they please - aka "Cheap grace".

They equate "I am saved" with "I THINK I am saved". They think they are saved, but are wrong.

Matthew 25: Jesus separates righteous from wicked as sheep from goats. When he pronounces his judgment, both sides are confused - the righteous have no idea why they deserve reward, and the wicked have no idea why they deserve judgment.

Matthew 7:21-23 tells of those who boast of prophesying and casting out devils and doing may wonderful works for Jesus - obviously believers - yet he will dismiss them with "I never knew you, ye that work iniquity".
---StrongAxe on 3/4/22


Many believe the day they received the Holy Spirit, was the Day they were Saved. Special day indeed, but Salvation was not the gift being given.

Jesus said, "Though they have ears, they can't hear."
The Holy Spirit, gives us the ears we need, to hear the Lords commands.

Jesus also said, "Though they have eyes, they can't see." This blindness is caused by the darkness. This darkness is there because sin separates us from God. (Isaiah 59:2)
How do we remove the darkness?
Forgiveness of sin removes the separation and restores the light.
How do we get this forgiveness?
Confess your sin before God. (1 John 1:4-10).

Continued.
---David on 3/4/22


Strongaxe Those thinking you can lose your salvation might include those who got caught without their secret underwear. Then there are those who think you have to wait and find out, their way understanding the Great White Throne judgement, or those who use Matthew 24-25....am I a sheep or goat..did I love ENOUGH??

Biblical salvation yes is dependent on our accepting life or death. Now scripture also says. " if the started with you but departed, it's because they NEVER WERE saved in the first place."

Genuine faith Leads to genuine salvation that can never be lost.

So one might ask...was my faith in Jesus Christ who died for my sin and rose again for my justification genuine?
---kathr4453 on 3/4/22


kathr4453:

I was just pointing out that despite the fact that God does all the heavy lifting with regards to salvation (so we can't boast), it's still up to us to make the very first step.

I think that if you ask rank-and-file Christians, a large number of them constantly worry about whether or not they might inadvertently cross the line from saved to unsaved by doing something unforgivable.

OSAS is a path that can lead to the error of license - believing you can get away with anything, since you can't lose your salvation.

The opposite can also lead to error - constantly worrying you might have lost your salvation.
---StrongAxe on 3/3/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Jewelry


Strongaxe, that wasn't the point I was making here. And no question we have to respond to the Invitation of salvation. If making a choice is a WORK, then rejecting the Gospel is also a work. I don't believe I was promoting Calvinism in my statement, who do believe you just wake up one day and say WOW, I was saved while sleeping. I must be the chosen. I don't believe that either.

So if faith is a WORK, the choice of not believing is also a work.

But again, I don't believe CHRISTIANS on the whole WONDER,saying "gee, I wonder if I'm saved.". David just made that up. Somehow he's interview the whole world of Christians....hummm
---kathr4453 on 3/3/22


kathr4453:

The very question "Sirs, what must *I do* to be saved?" (Acts 16:30) implies that there's something that a person has to do themselves - i.e. a work. At the very lowest level, even choosing to believe is something that YOU have to do.

If it was 100% not up to us, nobody would exhort anyone to be saved, because they would have no control over the process.
---StrongAxe on 3/3/22


Many folks don't ask themselves "am I saved".They more than likely ask themselves, "have I earned my way to heaven, have I done enough good works?" WHY? Because many faiths and denominations believe they have to wait until after they die to find out if they were good enough to be given salvation.

The RCC believe only RCC are saved, believing THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH. Same with Mormons and JW's.. that you have to belong to their church. And Trav saying only Jews or whatever are saved. I doubt Scientologists, Buddhism,Hindu,etc ask themselves..."am I saved"

I'm not sure WHO David's imaginary people are here. But it makes for a cute story a child might listen to offload their own false doctrine.
---kathr4453 on 3/3/22


Many people have been Christians for most of their lifetimes. They do not speak of it, but silently they ask the Question, "Have I been saved?"
Though pride prevents them from admitting as such, what the Bible says in
(1 John 3:9-10), scares them. This is because it is clearly written, without the need of a false teachers proposed interpretation of translated scripture.

In the following days, if I am allowed, I will give you instructions on how to get back on the Narrow path. How will you know if my instruction is the Truth?
Like I said, If you don't see the results God promised...I too am a Liar!!
---David on 3/2/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Furniture


Jesus sent Paul in order for Paul to turn people "from the power of Satan to God" > in Acts 26:18.

It has taken God's power to deliver people from Satan's kingdom, and change people into how we can be, yes, in His love.

There are Satanic sorts of anger and hate and lusts and unforgiveness which have power to deeply degrade and ruin people so they do not know how to love.

But God's power can join a person to Jesus, so he or she becomes "one spirit with Him." (in 1 Corinthians 6:17) And His love and peace has His almighty power to protect us from cruel and nasty things > Philippians 4:6-7.
---Bill on 2/28/22


Jesus said,"Seek and you will find".(Luke 11:19)
How do we seek the Truth?
To discover the Truth of a teaching, one must put a teachers words into action, and then see if you arrive at the promised result. This is why our Lord calls, Wise, "Those who do what he tells them to do." Because in doing so, they will discover the Truth, just as God promised to those who seek it. (Matthew 7:24)

Todays churches say they are, "Hospitals for the sick", but they are a hospital where no one is healed.
(1 Peter 2:24) "He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness, by his wounds you have been healed.
---David on 3/1/22


The power God gave us is Love. Love is the power through which we can overcome the darkness. It's not our works, but our Love for God....which comes from our works.

I confessed my sin before God daily and did my very best to keep his Laws. Those laws the Lord gave me through his Holy Spirit, and yet, I continued to sin. But over time there was a change in me, that change was guilt over sin. This guilt, over sin, is called Repentance.

Where did this guilt come from, and why didn't I feel it before? I never felt it before because I didn't Love God, and it's our Love for God which brings us into repentance. A Love that would have been impossible my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
How his sacrifice made it possible..
---David on 2/28/22


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.