ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Keep The Sabbath Holy

God knows for us to remain healthy emotionally, spiritually, and physically and not transgress against him, others, or ourselves we should obey his commandments. And certainly Jesus's commandment to love our neighbors as ourselves. So, by that we should rest on the Sabbath and keep it Holy. Any opinions?

Join Our Christian Penpals and Take The Ten Commandments Bible Quiz
 ---Rhonda_Carter on 5/15/22
     Helpful Blog Vote (3)

Post a New Blog



jerry6593:

Forget cities. The 10 STATES with the highest gun deaths per capita are: Alaska, Alabama, Montana, Lousiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, Wyoming, West Virginia, and New Mexico.
With the sole exception of New Mexico (with the lowest death rate on on this list) all of the others are RED states. So you can see just how well pro-gun Republican governance works out for them.

You talk about "promoting sexual perversion", yet this is something ACTUAL communist governments are well known for having very little tolerance for. As for "out of control crime", see previous paragraph.
---StrongAxe on 7/13/22


Uvalde County, TX is Moderately conservative. In Uvalde County, TX 39.4% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 59.7% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 0.9% voted Independent.

Uvalde has voted Republican since 2000. So does this mean Republicans love carring guns, but are cowards when it comes to using them to protect children?

I don't care how much you like your guns....standing around while children and teachers are being murdered ....proves they are COWARDS.
---kathr4453 on 7/13/22


Trav:

You wrote: Looks like the next election and all the new election laws will have these two moving to china or Nth Korea to live happily ever after with their own mindsets.

First of all, I don't vote here (I'm not legally entitled to do so), so I don't know why you're including me in this, since it doesn't apply to me.

So basically you're admitting that the purpose of "new election laws" is to prevent American Citizens who have a legal right to vote from being able to do so. It's good that you finally admit how much you hate democratically-elected leadership.
---StrongAxe on 7/12/22


Proverbs 35:2. Men who don't feel manly should carry a gun.


John 28:7. Jesus said " Therefore, be like me and carry a gun."

3rd Corinthians 2:1. Men, carry guns at all time, for you never know when you might feel you're not a "man's" man.
---kathr4453 on 7/13/22


What three cities have the highest murder rates? Those with the strictest gun/Democrat control.


---jerry6593 on 7/13/22




ax (3): I call you a Commie because your leftist ideology appears to me more aligned with Communist worldview than with American ideals. I deeply resent what leftists have done. I would never have believed that our culture would promote sexual perversion to the extent that it has become mainstream. Our country is suffering from out-of-control crime, foreign invasion,.. That's all on you Democrats.

---jerry6593 on 7/8/22

Amen, on all you stated and very well.
Looks like the next election and all the new election laws will have these two moving to china or Nth Korea to live happily ever after with their own mindsets. No guns will be icing on their communal cupcake.

I choose to remain among men who are men.
---Trav on 7/12/22


What three states have the highest crime rate?
What are the Most Dangerous States?
Mississippi. Mississippi's total score is 32.00, making it the most dangerous state in the United States. ...
Louisiana. ...
Florida. ...
Arkansas. ...
Texas. ...
Oklahoma. ...
Missouri. ...
Alabama.

Most Dangerous States 2022 - World Population Review
---kathr4453 on 7/11/22


Haiti is a Republican style run capitalism country. A perfect example that non-communist , non- socialistic countries don't have less crime. Russia, not a republican capitalist country does not wink at all those things Jerry listed but quite the opposite. There's no freedom, but a dictatorship. Jerry needs to move there. Or maybe join the Amish and live separate from horrible sinners.

And calling others communists is HATE SPEECH being carried on by the GOP. Hate in God's eyes equals MURDER.

Currently, there is a high level of crime in Haiti. Some areas are worse than others, but there is a very real danger of violent crime everywhere in Haiti, and this includes assault, armed robbery, murder, kidnapping, and rape.
---kathr4453 on 7/9/22


jerry6593:

What do I bear false witness about? Be specific.

You assume "American ideals" are on the right, which is not true. Also, being slightly left of center does NOT make one a "communist". I don't advocate for forced seizure of all property, for example.

MORE THAN HALF voted for Hillary in 2016, and MORE THAN HALF voted for Biden in 2020. The reason Republicans win so many state legislatures is because they severely gerrymander districts to allow them to win even with a minority of popular support.

Out of control crime? Per capita gun violence is highest in RED states. Standards of living consistently have mostly RED states at the bottom. Runaway inflation is GLOBAL.
---StrongAxe on 7/8/22


Now because of SCOTUS overturning RvW, more crime is on the way. So Jerry it's not that simple. There were awful mass murders under Trump. LAS Vegas..let's not forget..and that guy was a Republican. We went into a recession when Regan and Bush were in office. Look at the crime in the Capitalism country of Haiti.

Jerry, your argument just fails to pass any tests of accuracy. It's just brainwashing nonsense you hear every day and then believe.

Do some personal research and leave the far right politics news agency's out if it. Detox from then for a month while you PERSONALLY reason out facts.

You only make general accusations. No facts.
---kathr4453 on 7/8/22




FACT:

The rate of murders in the US has gone up at an alarming rate. But, despite a media narrative to the contrary, this is a problem that afflicts Republican-run cities and states as much or more than the Democratic bastions.
In 2020, per capita murder rates were 40% higher in states won by Donald Trump than those won by Joe Biden.
8 of the 10 states with the highest murder rates in 2020 voted for the Republican presidential nominee in every election this century.
---kath4453 on 7/8/22


When tbe extreme right wing use the word communist and assault anyone who doesn't believe in there EXTREME RIGHT WING PLLITICAL VIEWS, it has nothing to do with communism. It's called NAME CALLING, BULLYING, etc. Those who actually stoop that low to use the term have actually put themselves in the category of ignoramus big time. They fall in line with MTG for instance or that other ignorant nut case in Wyoming I think.

Intelligent folks don't stoop this low. Nor do Christians.

So Jerry making excuses is Jerry showing who he runs with .

I knew he wouldn't apologize.
---kat4453 on 7/8/22


ax (3): You and I accuse each other of lying, and I'm sure that you believe you are right just as I do. I call you a Commie because your leftist ideology appears to me more aligned with Communist worldview than with American ideals. I deeply resent what leftists have done to our country and its institutions, and the corruptions they have brought to our society. I would never have believed that our culture would promote sexual perversion to the extent that it has become mainstream. Our country is suffering from out-of-control crime, foreign invasion, runaway inflation, economic meltdown, food shortages, political animus, and heightened international tension because of the current Administration. That's all on you Democrats.

---jerry6593 on 7/8/22


No I'm not a communist and Jerry has been told this often. Continually repeating this is breaking one of the BIG 10. So there's no need for Jerry to keep the sabbath, seeing if you break one you are guilty of breaking all of them. So why bother? And seeing Jerry doesn't confess this sin, God can't hear his prayers until he does. And if or when he does, he also has to apologize to you and me. That's never gonna happen.

So keeping the Sabbath is a farce for those who break other laws.

That's the nonsense fanatics swim constantly in. They sit in judgement of others but never look at themselves. This was the problem with the Pharisees. Just read Romans 2 concerning hypocrites.
---kathr4453 on 7/5/22


jerry6593:

You wrote: ax: I was not aware that I had borne any false witness. Could you be more specific?

For example, you repeatedly accuse me (and kathr) of being communists. I am not, and I'm pretty sure she isn't either.

(Note that I don't and can't positively assert that she isn't - because I don't have first-hand knowledge, so I can't be a witness to this.)

You asserted Democrats cheated in the 2020 election - Trump's big lie - that has not shown ANY evidence even after 20 months.

As for "10C defining sin", they only mention a few big ones. There are many other transgressions mentioned in Leviticus and Deuteronomy not mentioned in 10C - e.g. moving boundary markers.
---StrongAxe on 7/2/22


ax: I was not aware that I had borne any false witness. Could you be more specific?

I agree with your take on the singular obsession of one Commandment over others. The Bible says that if we break one we break them all. That's why I can't abide the "I'm exempt" arguement. The 10 Commandments define sin, so if there are no Commandments in force, there is no sin. If there is no sin, there is no need of a Savoir, and I NEED A SAVOIR.

Sabbath blessings.


---jerry6593 on 7/2/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Internet Services


What are the consequences of fanaticism?
A study done in 2014 by the Journal of Religion & Health showed higher rates of mental health issues in those who worshipped a vengeful God, than those who followed a deistic or kindly god. Respondents suffered more from social anxiety, paranoia, obsessive thinking, and compulsions.Apr 1, 2021
---kathr4453 on 7/2/22


jerry6593:

Jerry, are you exempt from bearing false witness? (Because you do it on here all the time.) Truth here, enough with the deflections.


I find it curious how some people can so totally obsess over ONE single commandment, that they ignore all the others. E.g. SDAs seem to talk about the Sabbath commandent, but not the others. JWs obsess over "eating blood", and ignore so many others. Conservative evangelicals obsess over religious correctness, while wanting closed borders, ignoring "welcome the stranger", and support conservative policies like cutting social programs "I was hungry, and you fed me".
---StrongAxe on 7/1/22


Jerry. Those under GRACE are not exempt from any sin, even those you listed AND MORE.

Grace is harder to live under than the Law, in that it requires total submission and surrender to the Lord 24/7/365.

It involves obedience to Galatians 2:20-21 and Galatians 5:22-25. It also involves obedience to Romans 6-8, Philippians 3 and Colossians 2 and 3 AND 1 PETER 4, AND JAMES 1. JUST FOR STARTERS.

Because you either don't believe this or obey it you can't relate. I get that.
---kathr4453 on 7/1/22


katty: Why is it so hard for you to answer one simple question?

Are you exempt from murder, adultery, idol worship, etc. or just the one Commandment that God commanded us to remember?

Truth please, enough with the deflections.


---jerry6593 on 7/1/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Online Stores


jerry6593:

You wrote: There you go breaking another of God's 10 Commandments - bearing false witness.

Calling others out on what you yourself do on a regular basis is pure hypocrisy.

Kathr is not holding you accountable to *her* behavior or beliefs, but to *yours*. All those other 603 commandments that were given through Moses but not written in stone - are those still binding on Christians?

1) If they are, and you have seen people working or shopping on Saturday, and you haven't stoned them to death, YOU are in violation of the Sabbath commandment.

2) If they are not, then lying with animals, men, etc. that are only condemned by Moses (but not the 10C) are OK, are OK, right?

So which is it?
---StrongAxe on 6/30/22


Katty: "This is just one of MANY Jerry says it's OK today to practice."

There you go breaking another of God's 10 Commandments - bearing false witness. You know full I never said any such thing.

My problem with you is that you claim exemption from the 10 that God wrote, so how do you expect to keep the 613?

Are you exempt from murder, adultery, idol worship, etc. or just the one Commandment that God commanded us to remember?


---jerry6593 on 6/30/22


Exodus 22:19
Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.


Here's just one example not written in stone. Yet one of 613+ Commandments Jerry says no longer applies because what is not written in stone was statutes and ordinances nailed to the Cross.

However, NT Christians don't see this the way Jerry does, WE knowing it's sin even today.

This is just one of MANY Jerry says it's OK today to practice.
---kathr4453 on 6/27/22


jerry6593:

Yes, God only personally WROTE ten commandments on stone, but he SPOKE unto Moses to tell him what to say to Israel on His behalf. Just read the first few verses of Leviticus, for starters, and then the rest of the book.

And the Lord called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them ...

Or are you trying to tell us that you only consider God's Words to be relevant if they're written in stone?
---StrongAxe on 6/26/22


Send a Free Holiday Ecard


Jerry, have YOU ever tried obeying God?

Your continual rantings of hate and slander say you haven't even tried.

Work out your own salvation Jerry before working out others.

Maybe if you SDA'S got involved in politics , you could force all 10 on everyone here in America when you get elected to the SC, or President, or Senate or Congress. But seeing you all can't, using your faith as an EXCUSE to only be armchair general, are just a bunch of Impudent crybabies.

If you don't like things Jerry, GET INVOLVED, and stop assaulting and name calling like a bunch of cowardly bullies.
---kathr4453 on 6/26/22


katty: It is YOU & ax who cherry-pick the law. God only wrote 10 - you add the handwriting of ordinances nailed to the cross. Have you ever tried JUST obeying God rather than writing your own Bible?


---jerry6593 on 6/25/22


Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

The Law written in stone accompanied animal sacrifice. This is the Law Jerry and Trav say they keep and obey. So they go to a High Priest daily who sacrifices bulls goats and lambs, BUT ARE NEVER PERFECTED .

This is why you continually see them sinning here on line daily.
---kathr4453 on 6/25/22


Trav:

I NEVER said I was perfect. Yet another lie. Why is it that you two are so insistent on biblical correctness, yet you routinely think "Thou shalt not bear false witness" is just an ignorable suggestion? Insisting that we must all keep the Sabbath commandment, while at the same time ignoring the False Witness commandment, is pure hypocrisy.


jerry6593:

Part of "keeping the Sabbath holy" was stoning anyone who violated it to death. Have you ever done that? If not, then you're not keeping the Sabbath the way the Old Testament said you should.
---StrongAxe on 6/25/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Business Training


Shame on you Jerry. Read 2 Cor 3 please. To be UNDER THE LAW, meant all 613+ including animal sacrifices. You can't, as Strongaxe pointed our CHERRY PICK THE LAW. The Law with animal sacrifices ended with Jesus death and resurrection.

You need to meditate on ALL OF HEBREWS 10.

Christ IN YOU , The Love of God IN YOU. being conformed to His Image is the NT PROGRAM JERRY.
---kathr4453 on 6/24/22


Which of the other Commandments do you claim don't apply to you?
---jerry6593 on 6/21/22

None of them do Jerry by their posted testimony they are perfect. Perfect servants for their baby killing, deviant supporting lefty they, defend and promote.
Disgusting.

Pro 14:22 Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good.
---Trav on 6/24/22


jerry6593:

Exodus said GOD wrote on the stone, not Jesus, not the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 3 condemns those who justify themselves under the law.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Anyone who loves God and his neighbor no longer NEEDS the law to tell them what to do - *they're already doing it*! I don't lie steal, murder, *and many other things not mentioned* because I love others, NOT because I need parchments and stone tables to tell me what I'm not allowed to do.

If the only thing stopping you from murder is because 10C tells you not to (because you would otherwise want to do so), that would make you a frightening person indeed.
---StrongAxe on 6/24/22


2 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself, for thou that judgest doest the same things.

2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
---kathr4453 on 6/24/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Software


Jerry doesn't obey the 10 he's referring to. Bearing false witness is a sin Jerry, you do here at almost every post. Now the difference between yours and mine are....your flesh cannot stop sinning. But if the Holy Spirit was IN YOU and the Love of God was IN YOU, and you were being perfected in HIS LOVE, and you walked in the Spirit and not the flesh, you wouldn't be slandering others or posting HATE. You would not be judging others either. You would not be playing the PHARISEE Jerry.

Can't you see that whole thing Jesus detests. Just go back and read how the Pharisees thought they were perfect, judged others etc. Jesus was not impressed. The problem is Jerry, you don't know why Jesus was not impressed.
---kathr4453 on 6/24/22


ax: "WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW"

Then you are LAWLESS!

Do you admit that you lie, steal, murder, commit adultery etc.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.



katty: "I do Jerry. I keep them IN LOVE. And Jesus is my sabbath rest, I keep 24/7/365."

Sweet sentiment, but not Biblical. Jesus wrote with His own finger in stone how you should keep His Ten Commandments. Why do you fight Him so?


---jerry6593 on 6/24/22


jerry6593:

God wrote 10 commandments *on stone tablets* that he gave to Moses at mount Sinai. But he gave many more to Israel later - if you would care to read Leviticus, Deutronomy, etc. Or don't you consider THOSE commandments binding? You can't condemn others for cherry-picking if you do it yourself.

ax & katty: I repeat:
Which of the other Commandments do you claim don't apply to you?


I had ALREADY answered this the first time you asked, but obviously you weren't paying attention. Once agin, I said:

NONE apply to Christians. WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW.

Scroll down to read the rest, as it's too large to re-include here.
---StrongAxe on 6/23/22


I do Jerry. I keep them IN LOVE. And Jesus is my sabbath rest, I keep 24/7/365.
---kathr4453 on 6/23/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Advertising


katty: You know full well that God only wrote 10 Commandments. You could at least try to keep them.


---jerry6593 on 6/23/22


Jerry, show or prove to us YOU KEEP ALL 613 PLUS. When YOU can show proof, then you can ask others questions. So if one accuses others something they can't even do....no one then is accountable to them.

The NT didn't set up new Sabbath rules. If your not stoning your church members who break them, don't look for victims outside your church Jerry. If you don't stone YOU ARE NOT KEEPING THE SABBATH. No one czn keep 100% of 100% of the time. Traveling too far? Cooking? There must not be any Dr, Nurses, Pilots, government officials or employees, fireman, policeman, etc that are SDA. So it looks like you want to run the government,but can't participate except WHINE AND COMPLAIN, but also have no part in community either. Sad.

---kathr4453 on 6/21/22


ax & katty: I repeat:

Which of the other Commandments do you claim don't apply to you?


---jerry6593 on 6/21/22


The mixed multitude Jerry were thise who left Egypt with Israel. That doesn't mean every single ethnic group was living in Egypt at that time. So the mixed multitude would be Egyptians.

And there were more that Israelites and Egyptians living in the world at that time.
---kathr4453 on 6/20/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Eating Disorders


jerry6593:

Yes, a mixed multitude *joined themselves to Israel* so were present at Sinai, but what about everyone else? Was some Indian in South America suddenly subject to 10C that were given halfway around the world? How would they know?

NONE apply to Christians. WE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW. If you want to justify yourself under the Law, unless you follow *all 613 commandments*, you are guilty of ALL.

Jesus's commands to "Love God, and love your neighbor" automatically cover 9 of the 10C, because if you love your neighbor, you won't rob or kill him, etc. and if you love God, you won't worship idols.
---StrongAxe on 6/19/22


ax: "10C were written to ISRAEL, not the whole world - otherwise God would have given copies to everybody else."

That's just plain silly. The Bible doesn't say that. It says that a mixed multitude (non-Israelites) were present at Mt. Sinai. I'll bet even YOU have a copy in your Bible, you just choose to disobey.

Which of the other Commandments do you claim don't apply to you?



---jerry6593 on 6/18/22


God didn't write the 10 commandments and give to Adam and Eve. And as Roman's 5 clearly state, THE LAW WAS ADDED SO SIN WOULD ABOUND.

Now those who wrestle with Roman's 5 simply does not understand the Gospel of Grace. And unfortunately for those still under the Law, there is no more sacrifice for sin. Hebrews 10. Seeing you are not saved by the Law, as no one ever was, you may want to really ponder Hebrews 10 and make sure you are really in the faith.
---kathr4453 on 6/18/22


jerry6593:

10C were written to ISRAEL, not the whole world - otherwise God would have given copies to everybody else.

What God says at one time don't necessarily apply for all time. Christians are NOT required to keep the whole Law (there were battles over this in the NT). Jesus said the two greatest commandments were to love God and love your neighbor. These automatically include 9 of the 10 commandments (except the Sabbath one).

James 2:10: For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

The LAW has 613 commandments. Do you keep ALL 613? If not, you are guilty of ALL.
---StrongAxe on 6/17/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Travel Packages


As much as our liberal friends would rather it did not, the Bible throughout affirms that God means exactly what He says. This is certainly the case with the Ten Commandments, being the only section of Scripture written by God Himself with His own finger.

What a pity these folks will never know the blessings that God gives His children when they enter in to HIS rest unless they try obedience.



---jerry6593 on 6/17/22


Gen 49:1Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
---Trav on 6/8/22


Genesis 49 THE WHOLE CHAPTER is prophecy concerning Israel for THE LAST DAYS, re THE GREAT TRIBULATION says nothing about the Sabbath. The chapter has both blessings and cursing.

Also it has nothing to do with the question above.

Just pulling out scripture and plopping it down without understanding it should expose those who have mishandled the Word of God as hacks.
---kathr4453 on 6/11/22


Samuel, I was being serious, not mean. Either this is another Trav that is a hack, or something has happened to his mental health over Covid Era. WE are seeing this today played out in many ways, people just being nasty for no reason. Road rage and murders on roads....here constantly.

Christians Should be able to be civil to one another, yet I have not seen Trav be civil to Strongaxe ever. He's the one that should be called out here. Funny, the ones objecting to his behavior are. Hummm.
---kathr4453 on 6/10/22


Samuel, why is it people forget Jesus also REBUKED and called folks wolves, vipers etc.

I think we need to also show even Paul didn't put up with this kind of nonsense.

So being shamed for calling a spade a spade is also not loving .
---kath4453 on 6/10/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Credit Repair


kathr4453:

Just as physical illnesses can vary from minor ones like allergies, to serious ones like cancer, so can mental illnesses. Everyone experiences depression, paranoia, etc. from time to time, but they're only classified as neuroses when they are serious enough to impair one's life, or psychoses if bad enough to impact one's ability to perceive reality.

It's hard to deal with illness when a person refuses to acknowledge the problem, or refuses treatment. It's worse with mental illness, as it can impair one's judgment.

I have a friend whose sister was obviously schizophrenic, but refused treatment because she was deathly afraid of mental illness, and even a comment like "That's crazy!" would set her off.
---StrongAxe on 6/9/22


Kathyr

That was not loving or Christian in your attack. We as Christians are to walk in love. No matter how many insults are spread. Jesus was lied about. We need to follow his example. He told the truth in love.
---Samuelbb7 on 6/10/22


Like I stated before, Trav is showing signs of having mental health issues. I dont think you can reason with someone who is having mental health issues,who create out of nothing a false fantasy of others.

I do hope Trav can come to terms with this. Being filled with hate is what we see so much of today. These folks dwell on these false fantasy's and after a point end up doing outrageous acts against others.

As we have seen over these past 2 years, they cannot be reasonably reasoned with.
---kathr4453 on 6/9/22


Trav:

When have I EVER defied the Bible? I agree with EVERY scripture you posted. I just disagree with YOUR unorthodox interpretations of them, which contradict beliefs of most Christians who have ever lived.

Why does nationality matter? This is ChristiaNet, not AmericaNet. NOBODY in the Bible was American either.

1. Which "special" interests? Be specific.
2. Paid?! How much? By whom? You are just conjecturing things in your own mind, projecting on others, then making vague accusations, but you're never specific, and never have any ACTUAL EVIDENCE. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" obviously has NO meaning for you.
3. You know nothing of my personal life. You're just projecting. Again.
---StrongAxe on 6/8/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Products


another Bible-defying theory, axey?
---jerry6593 on 6/6/22

What does a Bible defying, alien hope to achieve on an American Christian blog site?

1. Special lefty interests.
2. Prospects to infect with his special confusion. Or paid to. (obvious failure, overpaid)
3. Lonely.
4. All the above.


Gen 49:1Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.
---Trav on 6/8/22


Trav:

No, you haven't. You keep saying you have, but "shaking the dust off your feet" means walking away. Yet you DON'T walk away. You KEEP responding.

You accused ME of holding Trump to standards I don't apply to myself. PROVE IT, or it's BEARING FALSE WITNESS - something that never seems to bother you. You constant make baseless accusations, but when confronted about them, you never provide any evidence.

The Bible says all accusations must be proved by the testimony of 2-3 witnesses, but to your constant baseless lies, you have NO witnesses or evidence.

Wont come out of the closet and confess his agenda.

What closet? Again, BE SPECIFIC.
---StrongAxe on 6/7/22


strongaxe
yes you are a liar you are justifying 1st day sin-day keeping. jerry is correct obey YHWH than man. you quoted col. 2:16 dont judge sabbath (your 1st day christian sabbath). your answers are obvious it is not projecting but what you justify
---mike on 6/7/22

Ive dusted myself of his lefty type if evil. He keeps Track of every sin of Trumps but, cant seem find any on the present idiot. Ha.
He wouldnt judge of course just throw under-mining propaganda around. A non voting alien with a political agenda. Wont come out of the closet and confess his agenda.
Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
My sword beats an axe every time.
---Trav on 6/7/22


mike:

MOST Christians in the world do not keep the Sabbath, but instead worship on Sunday. If you have a bone to pick about this, pick it with THEM, not with ME.

I NEVER said "keep Sunday as the holy day". That is just Jerry projecting onto me. All I said was that nowhere in the New Testament are Christians required to keep the Sabbath, and as Kathr pointed out:

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

I know you're persuaded in YOUR mind. Why don't you allow US to be persuaded in OURS?
---StrongAxe on 6/7/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Divorce


to strongaxe

yes you are a liar you are justifying 1st day sin-day keeping. jerry is correct obey YHWH than man. you quoted col. 2:16 dont judge sabbath (your 1st day christian sabbath). your answers are obvious it is not projecting but what you justify to keep 1st day SIN-day - have a nice day
---mike on 6/7/22


I agree. We need to take time from the world and read the Bible. To go out and help others.
---Samuelbb7 on 6/7/22


Trav:

You wrote: Brokeaxe holds Trump to the commandments but, hisself to gentile law.

Lies. Name ONE SINGLE commandment that I hold Trump to, but not myself. Name ONE. I bet you can't.


jerry6593:

You wrote: another Bible-defying theory, axey?

No, but yours is.

There is NOT ONE place in the New Testament where Christians are commanded to observe the Sabbath. NOT ONE.

James 2:10: For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

If you try to justify yourself by keeping the Law, you had better keep ALL of its (all 613 commandments, not just 10), or you're guilty of ALL. THAT's a biblical theory (not biblical-defying).
---StrongAxe on 6/6/22


Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.


Yep it appears in the NT its a matter of personal belief. Just like some eat pork and some don't.

I esteem everyday alike because EVERYDAY IN CHRIST IS HOLY. So I have all 7 days covered. Sabbath keepers only one.

My rest is IN CHRIST. The sabbath keepers rest is in an earthly day. One is heavenly, one is earthly. Jerry and Trav are still earthly, minding earthly things...Phil 4 say those are actually enemies of the CROSS.

They dont understand the Cross.

No one is Condemning you Jerry. And I see no NT scripture any verse condemning anyone concerning a sabbath.
---kathr4453 on 6/6/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Christian Marriage


another Bible-defying theory, axey?
---jerry6593 on 6/6/22


Here's what the Bible says:
Act 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
I'm with Peter!
---jerry6593 on 6/4/22

I find those two very Biblical. ax & kat. Almost never accurate just exposed by light of scripture.
Brokeaxe holds Trump to the commandments but, hisself to gentile law. But, Gentile is a made up word never used by Christ or any Apostle. Very confused canalien. His priestess teacher even more.
Psa 119:126 It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law.
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them,
---Trav on 6/6/22


jerry6593:

Paul warned about those who justify themselves by keeping the Law - if you don't keep 100%, you're guilty of ALL. Neither Jesus or Apostles ever commanded Christians to keep the Sabbath, even though they mentioned other commandments.

*I* never said the Sabbath was supplanted, but keep projecting.

Acts 15:19-20:
Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

The Apostles DID NOT command Gentiles to the Law. Only abstain from FOUR things: idols, fornication, things strangled, and blood. That's it.
---StrongAxe on 6/4/22


ax & kat: I'm fascinated by your continual inventions to explain your hatred of God's Commandments. Nowhere does the Bible condone the breaking of the Ten Commandments (defined as sin), or even hint at supplanting Sabbath with another day of the week.

You claim that you keep Sunday because of the resurrection, but the Bible clearly states that the Disciples kept the Sabbath exclusively and gives no hint of keeping Sunday to memorialize the resurrection.

You have also claimed that Sunday is justified by the many apostates that switched in the early centuries AD.

Here's what the Bible says:
Act 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

I'm with Peter!
---jerry6593 on 6/4/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Debt Consolidation


Samuelbb7:

Where does the Bible say the Sabbath is a day of rest *and worship*? I'm not talking about special holiday Sabbaths, which of course were exceptions, but about the everyday weekly Sabbaths.
---StrongAxe on 5/31/22


ANY WORK including cooking on the sabbath defiled the sabbath. No one today can keep a day HOLY exactly as God laid down THE LAW in the OT. Interestingly enough there are no NT SABBATH LAWS. Yet, those who think they are keeping the Sabbath as God wanted in the OT UNDER THE LAW cannot replicate this today, are kidding themselves. You can't kid God. He sees you're not keeping the sabbath, which also included stoning to death those who did not.

The Church today is NOT ISRAEL UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES.

THE CHURCH IS CHRIST HIMSELF. When we enter in, we are actually entering into Jesus Christ, baptized into Christ. IN CHRIST WE ARE HOLY, BECAUSE HE IS HOLY. We've been raised up together with Him where there are no days, nights, etc.
---kathr4453 on 5/22/22


But the Sabbath is a day of rest and worship. Not just a day of rest. That is where keeping it holy comes in.

So yes should keep all of the Ten Commandments.

Love.
---Samuelbb7 on 5/21/22


Hi, Rhonda (c: First, Jesus wants us to rest in Him . . . all the time.

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

This is all the time. So, in case we do stop activities during the Sabbath, it is time to be still with God and rest in Him and be submissive to Him in His peace. Then this is our standard for how to live and love, all the time.

Like this, in prayer we can stop and get corrected and adjusted by God so we are ready to stay submissive all the time in sharing with Him >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body, and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)
---Bill on 5/18/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Refinancing


The mystery of Christ explains how in this dispensation our righteousness and holiness comes from Christ alone, by grace alone, through faith alone. It does not come from observance of holy Sabbath days.
Our position in Christ makes us holy, without Christ we are nothing (Eph 2:21). Only in Christ are we accepted by God (Col 3:12, Eph 1:6).
---michael_e on 5/18/22


Exactly. We are to set the day he commanded aside for rest and reflection. His commands are easy, and His burden light. Amen
---Josef on 5/17/22


My Essene Brothers who are the keepers of the Secrets of Enoch practice that these are especially taught on the seventh day, when, abstaining from all other work, we assemble in our holy places, called synagogues, sitting in rows according to our age, the younger ones listening with becoming attention at the feet of the elder ones.
One takes up the holy book and reads aloud, another one from among the most learned comes forward and explains whatever may not have been understoodfor, following our ancient traditions, we obtain our philosophy by means of allegorical interpretation. Peace be with you.
---Mcsnacks77 on 5/18/22


JESUS is the eternal covenant and our eternal sabbath.
Rom 16:26 But now as the prophets foretold and as the eternal God has commanded
---more_excellent_way on 5/17/22

Most excellently put.
Prophesied in the O.T. confirmed and explained explicitly in the N.T.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
---Trav on 5/18/22


Read These Insightful Articles About Franchises


JESUS is the eternal covenant and our eternal sabbath.

Gen 21:33 Then Abraham planted a tamarisk tree at Beersheba, and there he worshiped the LORD, the Eternal God.

Rom 16:26 But now as the prophets foretold and as the eternal God has commanded
---more_excellent_way on 5/17/22


Some insist on "keeping the Sabbath holy", without understanding what that means:

- Refraining from ALL work between sunset Friday night until sunset Saturday night (no, not Sunday. The Bible NEVER changed the Sabbath to Sunday. The church just met on the first day)
- No cooking
- Not lighting or dousing fires (e.g. no lights on or off)
- No travel (no driving to church)
- No commerce (no shopping, no going out to eat. Meals had to be cooked BEFORE sundown Friday.)
- If you violate ANY of these, you must be stoned to death.

Anyone who does not adhere to ALL of these isn't "keeping the Sabbath holy" as the Bible commands, and they're just doing what they feel is comfortable.
---StrongAxe on 5/16/22


I try to keep every day Holy, not just one. Understanding Hebrews 3-4, I've "entered in" God's rest, where everyday is Holy.

If I obeyed the OT resting on a day, re, then the 7th, from sundown to sundown, with ALL that was instructed to obey , including being stoned to death for disobeying the sabbath LAW, and laws that accompanied, I think we see not even sabbath kerpers actually keep and obey the sabbath. Nor do we see any NT stonnings for not keeping the OT SABBATH. and I don't see any NEW RULES for A NT SABBATH except we now ENTER INTO HIS REST taking on a whole new meaning. The OT was an outward show, NT REST is to enter into HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION LIFE...I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST, NO LONGER I BUT CHRIST IN ME.
---kathr4453 on 5/16/22


Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.