ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

StrongAxe's Blog Replies
Post a New Blog

Vote on StrongAxe as a helpful ChristiaNet blogger by clicking this link. Currently StrongAxe has 1459 votes. The higher the number of votes the more helpful this blogger is considered by the ChristiaNet community.


Who's The Elect
  
Nicole_Lacey:

They are sick 24/7. Why only work 70 hours instead of 168? Because workers are not supermen, and need rest. Jesus took a break from the crowds. God took a rest from creation.

The obvious solution is to divide work among workers on multiple shifts, and have enough workers to cover those shifts. The maximum number of patients that can be reasonably taken care of is number of hours per shift times number of workers times number of patients one worker can cover divided by number of hours in a week.

Similar excuses are given by many companies that demand their workers work overtime because they're too cheap to hire extra workers. Every enterprise (whether for profit or not) must properly manage resources vs. demand.


Is DACA Legal
  
Nicole_Lacey:

One issue that I have heard from a friend who had lived in a religious community is that, even though all their needs are taken care of in exchange for their work, no wages actually change hands, so there are no social security taxes withheld. When the person gets old enough to retire, because he has no social security wages, he receives zero in social security income. He has nothing to fall back on.


Saturday Is Day To Worship
  
Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: Please cite Scripture stating the 7th day as being Saturday?

All western calendars show Saturday as 7th day, and Sunday as 1st, even though the Bible clearly calls the Sabbath the 7th day, but Sunday is the most common day of worship. They faithfully preserve both traditions.

You do know that the word 'Saturday' is a pagan name?

A purely English conceit. It's from "Sabbath" in Arabic, Armenian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Georgian, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Latin, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russia, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Somali, Spanish, Sudanese, Ukrainian, ...
Which day(s) we should worship on is not a language-dependent issue.


Who's The Elect
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Why does everyone there work 70 hours a week? Most western nations have work weeks of 40 hours or even less, because they recognize longer work weeks are detrimental to workers' physical and mental health. A few times, years ago, I had projects that required intense bouts of overtime. I discovered that I could do 80 hours of work in one week, but doing so required me to take a week off to recuperate. Thus, I could get just as much work done by pushing myself as I would without doing so, but because of the stress and lack of rest, the work quality was actually lower.

How can Christians be called Christ's slaves, if we are free to leave at any time? And as kathr pointed out, the RCC used to forbid people from leaving.


Saturday Is Day To Worship
  
Jerry6593:

Again, Read ALL that I wrote. I said that Jesus both IS and IS NOT God. I didn't bother providing any scriptures for the fact that he IS, because that is well understood. I provides THREE that show he is not. For you to conclude that "I don't believe he's God says a lot" totally ignores that I ALSO believe that he IS, because that goes against your oh so convenient "Strongaxe is a atheist and therefore evil" strawman narrative.

Explain how the lawgiver God of the Old Testament (referred therein as Father) "who changeth not" can very specifically condemn adulterers to death by stoning, yet Jesus forgave the adulteress? Why would Jesus break his very own law?


Who's The Elect
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Jesus said, "My yoke is easy, and my burden is light". If any religious organization is imposing difficult or impossible burdens on you, those are neither easy nor light. Therefore, if you obey those, you're doing so as the slave of the organization, but not the slave of Jesus, because he would never require such things from you.


Woman Divorced Three Times
  
Thomas_AJ:

If the woman you married was twice divorced, she was either unlucky, difficult to live with, or a poor judge of character.
If 2, she would be a bad wife. If 3, you might not be a good husband for her. Either way, it would likely not work (and apparently it didn't).

I'm curios what kind of church she attended that had a loose Bible interpretation permitting divorce and ignoring husband's authority over wife, yet held a cult-like control over members, requiring their its permission for marriage (something not in the Bible). That should also set off red flags.

Some have said, "I like God. It's his fan club I hate". Don't allow obnoxious behavior of some so-called Christians damage your faith in God.


Saturday Is Day To Worship
  
Jerry6593:

You wrote: What? You don't believe in the divinity of Christ? That explains a lot!

I didn't say that. Please quit twisting my words and then attacking straw men of your own creation. It would help if you read the entirety of what I wrote, rather than just snip a few words to take out of context to attack them.

I wrote that, in some ways, Jesus IS God. In other ways, he is NOT God. I cited several examples. Another is his own quote "Why do you call me good? Only the Father in heaven is good." proving that Jesus did not consider himself equal to the Father.

You are also contradicting yourself. If Jesus is God, and God is Lord of all, how can there be any day over which Jesus is not Lord?


Who's The Elect
  
kathr4453:

It sounds like Nicole_Lacey said she was put out of her religious community based on recommendations from her doctor - NOT that she was excommunicated from the Catholic church. In a protestant church, this might be a bit like a minister being forced to retire from a ministry position for health reasons, which doesn't kick him out of his denomination.


End Of World September 2017
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Yes, and some of these are the same people. They latch onto the "sun will be dark and the moon will be as blood" prophecies, forgetting that those describe EVERY solar and lunar eclipse, both of which occur approximately twice a year. They then tie those to the New Year (Rosh Hashanah) in the Jewish Calendar, assuming that major events on God's calendar will necessarily coincide - which is Sept 20-22 this year, and roughly at a similar time every year.

Pastor Ricardo Salazar said a large ice rock would kill millions on May 16 2016.

Reverend Efrain Rodrguez said an asteroid would hit near Puerto Rico "soon" after 2010, killing millions.


Accounting Of Your Taxes
  
Nicole_Lacey:

We are always constrained by the 125 word limit here, This is the only site I know with such a ridiculous and stifling restriction. It doesn't even let you split a long post into several parts, as multiple posts are prohibited.

I tried to just post one relevant paragraph, but it wouldn't fit. I spend much more time on most messages, trying to trim and squeeze, to just get what I need to say to fit, than in composing them. This usually means I have to cut things out, and sometimes that even means cutting important things, including quotes. I point out the search parameters, so if you're interested, you can see the quotes in context.

I try to quote from previous posts, but frequently don't have the space.


Saturday Is Day To Worship
  
Jerry6593:

Jesus was God in some ways, not others. HS did not send Son down to "my Father, ni whom I am well pleased". Father did not pray at Gethsemane, "Spirit, take this cup away from me".

Inasmuch as Jesus is God, why not just say "God said", which is more accurate? Inasmuch as Jesus is NOT God, it is WRONG to say "Jesus said".

It is more accurate to say "God/Word/Logos said" when referring to timeless divinity, and "Jesus said" when referring to his incarnation.

Red letter bibles have no red letters in the Old Testament. If Jesus said both, why did he contradict himself by not stoning the adulteress, as he changes not?


End Of World September 2017
  
Many signs precede the end. The Beast will appear and bring 3.5 year peace for. This implies war first. War so bad it would destroy all life unless shortened. Hasn't happened. NOBODY could buy or sell without his mark. Nowhere near happening either. Christian numerologists setting dates have been predicting the End in Septembers of year after year.

Yesterday I saw Robert Breaker video saying something will happen on Sept. 23. He also made one about Sept. 23 2015. Harold Camping twice 6 years ago. All these "boys who cry Wolf" do is constantly disappoint people and make them skeptical, so when the end DOES come, they will ignore the signs and be caught unaware.

Google: failed apocalyptic predictions


Accounting Of Your Taxes
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Please tell me exactly WHICH statements I left out? Space limits me to only quoting relevant parts, the rest are readily searchable, and prove the same point. Besides, regardless of whether he made the words up on his own or was quoting Calvin is irrelevant - the fact that he believed them, for whatever reason, means he wasn't a Christian.

I quoted the part where he considered the virgin birth a myth several times. He followed Jesus for the same reason you follow Lincoln - because he though he was a good man, NOT because he thought he was God.

Matthew 15:23says nothing about the divinity of Jesus, so it matters not what Jefferson thought about it.


Saturday Is Day To Worship
  
Jerry6593:

You wrote: I'm sure that you WANT the scripture (Rom 14) to say that, but it is not talking about alternative worship days of the week, as I explained below. Besides, don't you find it strange that Paul would contradict Jesus?

Has it ever occurred to you that Paul was NOT "contradicting Jesus"? When did Jesus ever say "Thou shalt worship on the Sabbath"?

I don't "want" a scripture that says that. I go by what Paul ACTUALLY wrote. You, however, keep re-interpreting what he says so that it doesn't mean what he said, but what YOU want it to say - i.e. the exact opposite. Paul's words are scripture. Your alternative explanations are not.


Accounting Of Your Taxes
  
Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: As did King James with his 2nd KJV omitting 7 books of the OT.

No, HE didn't. HIS version had them.

Google: kjv apocrypha

"The apocrypha was a part of the KJV for 274 years until being removed in 1885 A.D.", by which time King James was LONG dead.

I quoted his direct words. I also paraphrased them in another message. I don't edit words to boast my argument. I frequently edit words to fit under the absurd 125 word limit.

Jefferson considered the virgin birth and ALL supernatural occurrences in the NT to be myths. How could he possibly believe Jesus was God then?


Accounting Of Your Taxes
  
Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: As did King James with his 2nd KJV omitting 7 books of the OT.

No, he didn't. In case you didn't notice, the KJV of 1611 DID include the Apocrypha. They were only removed later.

I gave DIRECT QUOTES of Jefferson talking about his LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST.

And I gave a DIRECT QUOTE of Jefferson saying he hoped the "myth of the virgin birth" would finally be treated like ancient Greek myths. Jefferson did NOT believe in any of the supernatural happenings in the New Testament, so much so that he made his own bible with all of those passage cut out. He believed Jesus was a good man, but not God.


Saturday Is Day To Worship
  
Jerry6593:

I'm glad you survived Irma. I know a lot of people who have had great difficulties from that.

Yo wrote: please give book, chapter, and verse where "He made ALL time sacred".

Yes, God made the Sabbath holy. However, Paul wrote that some people consider ALL days to be equally holy, and for each to be persuaded in his own mind - i.e. Paul, an apostle of Christ, says it's fine to worship on any day we choose. You seem to disagree, but I think Paul's opinions on the matter have more weight, as far as orthodox (little o) Christian theology goes, than Ellen White's do.


Accounting Of Your Taxes
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Google: jefferson adams letter minerva
The very first link is on Beliefnet, and includes the entire letter, and this paragraph near the end (I only have room for half of it):

... And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors.



Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.