ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

Steveng's Blog Replies
Post a New Blog

Vote on Steveng as a helpful ChristiaNet blogger by clicking this link. Currently Steveng has 213 votes. The higher the number of votes the more helpful this blogger is considered by the ChristiaNet community.


Asked For Help In Church
  
Nicole,
Are you not judging me not to your liking for making a common sense decision according to the situation?


Asked For Help In Church
  
Nicole,
Like I wrote "you don't know the full story." Ideas are a dime a dozen, but unless you know the complete story you shouldn't be offering advise.

This tells me about your bible understanding.


Asked For Help In Church
  
Nicole, Karen,
You two still assume way too much. You don't know the whole story and it would take more than a blog to tell the story.

I only contact local churches so they can see for themselves the situation. I give my complete contact information (address, phone number, e-mail) and at the end of each letter I invite them to personally contact me before they "donate" or provide help.

Your lies and false accusations are nothing more than gossip that can be misinterpreted by others.

I suggest don't make any further accusations until you know the truth. Don't accuse people without evidence.

Exodus 20:16
1 Peter 3:16
Matthew 5:11
Leviticus 19:16
2 Timothy 3:3
Exodus 23:7


Asked For Help In Church
  
Nicole, you assume way too much.

I challenge you, like I have challenge many times in the past, to find out for yourself why things aren't always as easy as you think. My challenge is for you personally to see for yourself the situation by visiting me. Or maybe you have contacts in your church that have contacts in the Pasadena CA area that will prove what I do and say is correct and needed.

Be careful, your assumptions will be heard on judgment day.


Asked For Help In Church
  


Nicole,
This is why I chose local churches so that they can see for themselves the mother's situation. The money was to be sent to me as the mother didn't have a way to receive the money.

C (cluny),
Read my previous post to find out the reason for the help. We raised $3,200 within our group to get her into a one bedroom apartment (California is not cheap), used furniture and groceries. The extra money was to go towards misc stuff women usually need.


Asked For Help In Church
  
Two years ago I sent a letter asking for a $30 donation to over 200 churches in my area thinking that only 25% would respond. The money was to be used to keep a mother and two children from living out in the streets until the mother got her monthly check.

Not one responded.

It's prophesied in the bible about how the love of many will fade in the end days - including christians.


Backslidden Christian Taken
  
In agriculture, a farmer would prune / cut off branches that were not bearing fruit so nutrients can be directed to the branches to bear better fruit. The non-bearing fruit branches were thrown into the bonfire (back before the 1970s). Today they are thrown into the incinerator.

Using another agriculture analogy: The gentiles are the wild olive tree and those gentiles that believe in Jesus are grafted into the cultivated jewish olive tree.


God Takes Bad Christians Home
  
There is no such thing as "once saved, always saved." There is no such thing as a bad christian. Either one is a christian or one is a sinner. On cannot be in-between.

Many warnings in the bible about falling away from the faith (one must have faith before falling away).

There are two resurrections: the first is the return of Jesus when the dead in Christ shall rise and the living shall be caught up with the dead.

The second is at the end of the thousand year reign of Christ when all the other dead from all of history shall rise and be judged from the book of life, some to everlasting life, some to everlasting death.


Backslidden Christian Taken
  
A backslider, or one who has fallen away from the faith, is a christian who falls back into sin.

There are many warnings in the bible about backsliding and falling away. End time prophesy shows that in the end days many shall fall away from the faith (one must have faith to begin with before falling away).

One is either a christian or a sinner. One cannot be in-between, lukewarm. Read the Parable of the Sower.

And remember there are two resurrections - the first at the beginning of the thousand year reign or Christ and the second at the end.


Sell Church To Help Poor
  
Brendan, Samuel,

Brendan wrote: "...However, I don't think he will ever give me an answer, because..."

I'm not on these blogs everyday like most people on these blogs. I do have a real life to lead.

Brendan wrote: "Will you please tell me the name of the book or publication that gave you those figures?"

You assume way too much as usual. Please read my 5/10/18 post. I do my own in-depth research.

Let me help you out a little. I start out by looking at the financial statements and tax records of each charity / church. Their financial statements are used to prepare the tax returns. To find the true wealth of a charity / church I go to IRS Form 990.



Sell Church To Help Poor
  
I'm a freelance investigative reporter. During the late 1980s, early 1990s I did political and corporate investigations (I currently focus the Middle East). I researched the charities that politicians and corporate CEOs donated to. I start out by looking at their financial statements and tax records. To find the true wealth of a charity / church I go to IRS Form 990 (in the US, other countries use similar forms) which gives complete details where the money comes from and where it goes - even naming large donators by name.

I investigated over 400 catholic churches throughout the world - from the small to the large. It gets too deep to post, but from the sampling of 400 and combined it to the over 200,000 catholic churches.


How Does God Prove Himself
  
God proves himself to me by miracles and prophesy - the two things that prove the existence of God.


Sell Church To Help Poor
  
Nicole,
As of 2005 (the last time I researched the topic), the catholic church, for instance, was worth a whole lot more than seventeen trillion dollars in hard assets, real estate, income property and paper assets (stocks, bonds and insurance). Plus, they spend over 80% of their revenues on the upkeep of these assets much like all other denominations.

Gods true Church has no earthly wealth, no huge bureaucracy, no billions tied up in hard assets, real estate, investments, and bank accounts and no money to maintain these assets. God's true church is not made by man's hands. All denominational churches are also nothing more than government owned businesses.


Sell Church To Help Poor
  
Cluny wrote: "...sell your house..."

All that is required is to DO the ultimate commandment of LOVE. It is written that if one cannot provide for the family (i.e. a roof over the head, food on the table, clothes on the back) he is worse than an unbeliever.

As for me, and as I have said many times before, that even though I make good money (I've got three jobs - a technical writer for an avionics company, an investigative reporter, a tutor for over forty years) I lead a very simple lifestyle. Over two thirds of the money I earn go to the poor.

I have also challenged everyone in the past to personally meet me to know me better - or to have connections in your church to meet me. I live in the Los Angeles area.


God's Spokesperson
  
Strongaxe, Christ and the apostles didn't need a building or assets to spread God's word. Spreading God's word is as easy as meeting someone on the street just as Jesus met the woman at the well. Spreading God's word is as simple as talking with family, friends and acquaintances - even strangers. And it doesn't cost a cent.


Luke, the true church of Christ, the "real" church, ARE the christians (the worldwide group of people who believe in Jesus), not a building or a denomination that a person must "belong" to.

By the way, I taught at many denominational "churches" throughout the United States because I was asked - and I rarely turn down a teaching opportunity for over forty years.


Did Paul Forgive Sins
  
If you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Matthew 6:1415


God's Spokesperson
  
Plus the fact denominational "churches" are becoming politically correct in order to keep their non-profit status.


God's Spokesperson
  
Strongaxe wrote: "There IS unity in the essentials."

Baptism is essential. Some say full immersion, some say only sprinkling, and some say baptism is not necessary.

But NOT unity in ALL thought. Even Satan has unity in essentials.

Strongaxe wrote: "The best you can say is "many"."

One does not need to look at ALL denominations, but the laws of that particular country concerning non-profit issues - and there are only 195 countries. Any organization connected to the government "belongs" to the government.

Christ's true church does NOT need a non-profit status. Nor do they need worldly assets made by man to believe in Jesus.


God's Spokesperson
  
Strongaxe ,
Every denominational is different each having their own rituals, traditions, ways of living, interpretations of the bible, name, organization, worship, baptism, and plan of salvation. Where is the unity? Where is the one in thought? Is God pleased by dividing christiandom up into over a whole lot more than sixty-five thousand denominations?

Besides, all denominations will jump through hoops to keep their non-profit status even to the point of compromising the Words of God.


God's Spokesperson
  
Strongaxe wrote: "You frequently attack others for being "denominational",.."

Didn't Jesus Criticizes the Religious Leaders during his time? What does the bible say about denominations?

1 Corinthians 1:10-13
Romans 16:17
Ephesians 4:4-5
1 Corinthians 12:12-31
1 Corinthians 3:4-7
Matthew 12:25

Strongaxe wrote: "...yet seldomg offer specific alternatives."

If you read what I posted for years as you claim you did you would also have read what I posted what the bible says - wherever two or more are gathered...



Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.