ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

StrongAxe's Blog Replies
Post a New Blog

Vote on StrongAxe as a helpful ChristiaNet blogger by clicking this link. Currently StrongAxe has 1460 votes. The higher the number of votes the more helpful this blogger is considered by the ChristiaNet community.


Can Angels Have God's Grace
  
Loony1:

"Lucifer" is Latin for "light-bearer". It is used in the KJV to translate Hebrew "Heylel" in Isaiah 14:12:
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

The Greek Septuagint translates this as "heosphoros", or "bringer of dawn".

The word "lucifer" (uncapitalized) was also used to mean "candle", or the planet Venus (i.e. the morning star).


Criminalize Christian Beliefs
  
Haz27:

Settle down?! Pot. Kettle. Black. *I* am not the one who hurls accusations at people here in almost every single post.

Scroll down to look at your last post below this one, ending in " voting DEMs for 200 yrs." followed by 15 blank lines. If you hit Enter many times at the bottom of your post, that empty space gets posted. I have seen you do this at least twice in the past several days, so I assumed it was deliberate. If it was inadvertent, I apologize for misconstruing it so.


Is There Beauty Discrimination
  
ObamasBoy:

The U.S. legal system is adversarial. Prosecution presents evidence for conviction, and defense is LEGALLY AND ETHICALLY OBLIGATED to present evidence for acquittal, even if he knows or believes accused is guilty. Defendants would not have the right to a legal defense if lawyers who believed they were guilty could refuse to defend, or give any less than their best defense.

Similarly, courts are REQUIRED to ignore improperly obtained evidence, even if it PROVES guilt - because NOT doing so would undermine protections against illegal search and siezure, e.g. torture.

The principle is that it is better for ten guilty people to go free than for one innocent person to be convicted.


Criminalize Christian Beliefs
  
ObamasBoy:

That you (and many others) believes this shows just how biased and extreme you are, considering moderates to be extremists. This is cultic thinking.

It isn't Democrats who go around and actually want people of different races or beliefs to be KILLED. If you look at the kinds of people who have been making such statements recently, ESPECIALLY politicians who are have the power to make public policy, it has been predominantly Republicans.


Haz27:

Your constant whining about "leftist propaganda" gets tiresome. And stop adding a screenfull of white space to the end of your posts just to highlight them and forcing everyone to scroll. That's just narcissistic and rude.


Is There Beauty Discrimination
  
Nicole_Lacey:

During pre-election briefings, Trump said, "We have nukes. Why don't we use them?".

On August 8, Trump warned North Korea will be met with "fire and fury like the world has never seen". We HAVE seen Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so this must be WORSE.

This is not a "made up wishful scenario", but things Trump ACTUALLY said. This is not imaginary.

Trump is an immature child prone to throwing temper tantrums whenever he doesn't get his way. His playpen toys include the nuclear football. The entire world should rightly be shaking in its boots.

No, nukes aren't killing people TODAY, but the way we survive is to not hedonistically live for today only, but to plan for tomorrow.


Anti-Christ Or The False Prophet
  
David8318:

You wrote: Rubbish! Both context and grammar agree with "all other" at Col.1:16.

Only in the Jehovah's Witnesses interpretation. Can you cite any other translation that uses "other" in Colossians 1:16?

In 1 Corinthians 6:18, NIV uses "other" but KJV doesn't. The very same NIV that you use to attempt to prove your point doesn't use "other" in Colossians 1:16. I wonder why?

(But again, choking on this particular gnat is getting very far away from the blog topic. If it's really important, a new blog should be created for it).


Cross Or An Upright Stake
  
David8318:

Thomas wrote "the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were". This is very common use of language (whether Greek or English or any other) - the first part refers to something, and the second part gives further clarification about what was said in the first part.

It doesn't matter to ME. *I* don't consider it an important theological point just what kind of cross or stake or whatever it was. However, it DOES seem to be a CRUCIAL matter to the Jehovah's Witnesses, and one can only ask WHY they care about it SO much. Why does a traditional cross THREATEN their beliefs.

(And I'm still waiting for Steveng to say even a single word on a topic of his own creation.)


Criminalize Christian Beliefs
  
Haz27:

BEFORE the 1960s, Democrats were the party of racists, KKK, white supremacists, etc. and Republicans were the party of progressives. The 1956 Republican platform is just like Democratic party platforms today. Since the 1960s, these roles have been reversed. TODAY, white supremacists, KKK, Neo-nazis, etc. are all REPUBLICANS. Wake up and smell the 60s!

I heard you about Yuri Bezmanov the first six times.

Jesus said ANYONE who gave one of his a glass of water would have his reward. There were no conditions on that (e.g. that they have to believe something specific first).

I go by what God says in scripture, rather than pulling tortured explanations from my head to render scripture void like the Pharisees did.


Is There Beauty Discrimination
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Do you expect us to vote for the Candidate who is FOR nuclear war? If abortion kills millions, nuclear war kills tens of millions. Do the math.

During the campaign, Trump boasted of grabbing women by the privates, and hitting on some women, even though they were married, but unfortunately they resisted his advances. He also boasted that he ran beauty pageants so he could walk through the women's dressing rooms to ogle them changing - and some of those contestants were as young as 16. Ogling naked 16 year old girls is by definition child sexual abuse. He said he could do these things because he was a celebrity, and celebrities can get away with anything.


Anti-Christ Or The False Prophet
  
Obamasboy:

JW base their doctrines on the Bible, but put their own twist on a lot of them, and in several cases, actually alter their bible translation to agree with their theology. E.g. "by him all [other] things were made" - they insert "other" even though nothing in the context nor Greek grammar suggests it, but without that insertion, it contradicts their belief that Jesus was a created being.

Mormons believe in the Bible AND the Book of Mormon. They believe Jehovah was a man who later became God, and his son Jesus was a man who later became God, and all of us who believe will eventually become gods, with worlds of our own. The very first lie of the serpent in Eden was "you will be like gods".


Cross Or An Upright Stake
  
David8318:

In "the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were", "where the nails were" refers to the nail marks in the hands. The pictures show two nails (one in hands and one in feet), but only ONE in the hands, contradicting Thomas.

The reason I bring it up is because JW's choke on the gnat about just what kind of device Jesus was crucified on (and really, why is that SO important), yet their very argument to try to prove this is flawed.


Criminalize Christian Beliefs
  
Haz27:

You write: your left of center makes you far Left.

Stop telling me what I believe. You don't know me. You only know what I post on here, which is the tip of the iceberg.

It is not propaganda. KKK, Neo-nazis, white supremacists, condefederate supports all ADMITTEDLY support Trump and various right-wing causes, like the NRA.

Yes, scripture is spiritually discerned, yet Jesus specifically condemns those who respond to physical problems with spiritual solutions (e.g. if someone is hungry, you wish him well or pray for him instead of feeding him).

As for judging, note how often Jesus judged the Pharisees, vs. how often he viewed the murderous pagan Romans (i.e. never).


Is There Beauty Discrimination
  
ObamasBoy:

In JESUS'S own words, nobody who has a beam in his eye has the right to judge someone else who has a speck in his eye. Do the math.

I wonder, did you vote for the woman who bragged about getting a child rapist who she knew to be guilty out of his punishment?

No, and if you paid attention, you would know this.


Anti-Christ Or The False Prophet
  
ObamasBoy:

You wrote: the Catholic denomination holds the most blasphemous doctrines I have ever heard of in Christianity. So much so that I have to refer to it as it's own religion rather than a denomination, because it certainly isn't Christian.

Catholics are MOST blasphemous? What do you think of Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons then?

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus isn't God.

Mormons believe that Satan and Jesus were brothers, and that we can all become our own gods in charge of our own worlds (remember where we heard that one before?)


Cross Or An Upright Stake
  
David8318:

You wrote: Obviously more than 1 nail was used to impale Jesus on whatever was used to kill him.

Your OWN Jehovah's Witnesses' OWN tracts show one nail used to attempt to prove this very point. Thomas's statement indicates that at least HE knew multiple nails were used. Apparently, they didn't read very carefully.

NIV - Where the NAILS were.


Criminalize Christian Beliefs
  
Haz27:

I am left of center, not extreme left. I don't "demonize" conservatives. I am conservative in some areas. I call out conservatives on wrong things they do, including hypocrisy. Sadly, these have increased in recent years. I do not defend the left's wrongs or hypocrisy.

Which SPECIFIC "totaritarian bullies" guilty of "oppressive PC tyranny" bullies do I defend?

How do I "misunderstand" Matthew 25? We Christians are called to judge ourselves, not others.

The brainwashed on the right equally reject reality. E.g. Christians voting for amoral Trump on moral grounds.


Criminalize Christian Beliefs
  
Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: I never said genicide was okay!

Earlier, I wrote: Deaths of millions by totalitarian atheists, communists, and fascists does not in any way excuse deaths of millions at the hands of Christians.
You replied: Yes it does.

Yes it does EXACTLY means that genocide by totalitarians DOES EXCUSE genocide by Christians. What other possible interpretation are we supposed to draw from Yes it does??


Criminalize Christian Beliefs
  
Obamasboy:

Apologies accepted. I tend to take a logical perspective on things, so I frequently argue points of the form "your argument is invalid", which is not the same as "your conclusion is incorrect". In particular, I frequently argue, "The Bible does not say XYZ" (i.e. so you cannot infer "XYZ is wrong" from the Bible), which is not the same as saying "XYZ is wrong" (or, more to the point, "The Bible does not prohibit XYZ" is not the same as "I approve XYZ".)


Is There Beauty Discrimination
  
Nicole_Lacey:

You wrote: But MOST CHRISTIANS voted for Trump (me included) did so for the Supreme Court Nominee over one SINGLE ISSUE: ABORTION

There is a meme going around that questions how Christians could vote on moral grounds for a man who not only does, but actually BOASTS abot lying, cheating on business deals, adultery, and child molestation.

Trump has expressed willingness and even EAGERNESS to use nuclear weapons. He has as much as threatened North Korea with them. If he starts world war 3, how many unborn children, born children, adults, and everyone else will die? The casualties in a nuclear world war would dwarf the casualties from all the abortions in the world combined.


Are There Christians Here
  
Haz27:

If others make a point, I see no need to add "me too". Since you never agree with any of the injustices *I* mention, do you believe those injustices should happen? I don't assume that.

How does 2 Kings 15:16 speak against killing the unborn?

It was standard practice in that era for conquerers to spare virgin girls, but slay all men and boys and married women (since they might be pregnant and bear male children). This is also why adultery (by women) was considered heinous - a man's wife might bear a child that wasn't his, jeopardizing his family's inheritance. A married man who slept with a virgin wasn't adultery - he just had to marry her (Exodus 22:16), as polygamy was allowed.



Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.