ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

StrongAxe's Blog Replies
Post a New Blog

Vote on StrongAxe as a helpful ChristiaNet blogger by clicking this link. Currently StrongAxe has 1481 votes. The higher the number of votes the more helpful this blogger is considered by the ChristiaNet community.


What Is A Doctrine
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Miracles are no guarantee that someone is sent by God. One often hears of miracles performed by so-called "holy men" of other religions, e.g. Hinduism. In the Old Testament, they were told to disbelieve prophets who told people to follow other gods, even if their predictions were true. The two wizards Moses confronted were capable of wonders - his was just stronger than theirs. The False Prophet of Revelation will be capable of many wonders. Jesus said that many would ask him, "Didn't we do miracles in your name?" and he would say "Get away from me! I never knew you!".


john9346:

Just what "God Attribute" is Mary "said" to have, and who says it, and where?


Authority Of The Government
  
Steveng:

Yes, search engine results can be manipulated, but so what? All that means is that some sites may be harder to find than others. However, once a site is found, it can be accessed regardless of search engine bias. That bias has no bearing whatsoever on that site's veracity. If the site itself references other sources, those sources in turn can be vetted independently of whether the original site is trustworthy or not.

If you shoot someone, regardless if whether the gun is sitting openly on the floor, or hidden in a closet, or buried in a landfill, none of that has any bearing on the truth of your guilt, and your likelihood of conviction is just the same once the gun is found, regardless of where it was found.


What Is A Doctrine
  
john9346:

You wrote: So when someone dies do they becomes gods?

Only if they're Mormons...


Explain Matthew 28:20
  
wivv:

You wrote: The name, "Christian" means, "Little Christ".

The dictionary definition is:
a person who believes in Jesus Christ, adherent of Christianity.
a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ.

Acts 11:26: "... And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

This does not say the disciples called THEMSELVES Christians. They WERE CALLED Christians. This was a name given to Christ's followers by outsiders, and they decided to keep the name for themselves.

Both of these identify people as Christians based on whom they follow (e.g. Christ), not any measurement of their spiritual state (e.g. that Christ lives within them).


Authority Of The Government
  
Steveng:

Search engines aren't truth. They just index information from other sites. Look at those sites to see what they say. Sites like Wikipedia, Snopes, etc. don't just make unsubstantiated claims - they research claims, and post links to sources that corrobrate them. Wikipedia has a firm policy to contain NO primary information - its articles may ONLY reference external sources to minimize editorial bias. Pages are regularly examined to ensure this. Ones that don't, have notations at the top saying they need to be cleaned up.

Biblical standard for truth is 2-3 witnesses, i.e. don't believe what one person says, but rely on a preponderance of evidence. If 90% of experts say X and 10% say not-X, it's most likely X is true.


Authority Of The Government
  
Steveng:

Yes, you're right on that one thing. So many people (like you) deny truth when it's staring them in the face. They will look straight up into the sun and say it's midnight, despite ample proof to the contrary. They refuse even obvious evidence. The Pharisees were like that too. Jesus condemned them, saying they would refuse to believe, even if someone rose from the dead.

Google is a web site aggregator. If you don't like it, use another one that you DO like, and you can find largely the same search results, because the all search the same web.

Depopulate the planet?! In 2017, 1.3 million died worldwide from TB alone. Unless you can show at least 1.3 million people died from vaccines in 2017, you are WRONG.


Authority Of The Government
  
Steveng:

Yes, anyone CAN alter Wikipedia, but for every person defacing it with inaccurate information, there are ten people who vet edits and make sure additions are accurate. In an independent study, Wikipedia was found to be as reliable as Brittanica.

Google naturalnews. They are condemned by virtually everyone.

In 2017, Google temporarily delisted naturalnews for violating its rules. Basically naturalnews had pages that seemed to contain one set of content, but if clicked on from some locations, displayed totally different content - a deliberate deception which confuses users.


Authority Of The Government
  
jerry6593:

Speck. Eye. Beam. This is EXACTLY why people like you are impossible to have rational discussions with. Rather than ACTUALLY researching things, you make totally unrelated ad-hominem attacks, and dismiss your opponent's positions with abuse rather than facts. When Jesus confronted the Pharisees, he quoted scripture. He didn't say "shut up, doo-doo head!".

Vaccination has NOTHING to do with communism. Almost ALL doctors on the planet believe it's a good idea, and there is plenty of corroborated medical evidence to prove it. Does it OCCASIONALLY cause problems? Yes, but many fewer than it solves. Sometimes seat belts cause deaths, but many fewer than the lives they save.


Authority Of The Government
  
Steveng:

Wikipedia on your "naturalnews website":

Natural News ... is a website for ... controversial nutrition and health claims, fake news, and various conspiracy theories, ... and purported health problems caused by allegedly "toxic" ingredients in vaccines, including the now-discredited link to autism.

Writing in the journal Vaccine, Anna Kata identified Natural News as one of numerous websites spreading "irresponsible health information". According to John Banks, Adams uses "pseudoscience to sell his lies" and is "seen as generally a quack and a shill by science bloggers."


Authority Of The Government
  
Steveng:

Flu vaccines continue to be injected because it has been proven that they save lives. Many diseases such as polio and smallpox have been virtually eliminated by vaccination, and they used to claim thousands of lives. The increase of anti-vaxxers has caused a dramatic resurgence in previously treatable illnesses, like measles, which cause many fatalities.

There is a meme floating around:
"How do parents speak with their children?"
Normal people: (picture of woman using a cell phone)
Anti-vaxxers: (picture of woman using a Ouija board)


What Is Purgatory
  
Nicole_Lacey:

You keep missing the point. The doctrine of the Immaculate Conception doesn't say Mary was "purified" from sin. It asserts that Mary herself was CONCEIVED without sin. She never needed to be purified from sin - she was born without it in the first place. This meant that God somehow performed a miracle that allowed her to be born without the sins of her parents entering into it.

But if he could do that for Mary, why couldn't he have done it for Jesus? What made it NECESSARY to do that for Mary? And if that was necessary for her, wouldn't it also have been necessary for HER mother, and her grandmother before her, etc. all the way back to eve?


What Is Purgatory
  
Nicole_Lacey:

No. Immaculate Cenception is. I'm saying the exact opposite. Mary HAD to have inherited Adam's curse via her father. The only three who did not do so were Jesus (his father was God), and Adam and Eve (not born).

Regardless of WHEN life starts, everybody else inherits it from both their human parents, with all the baggage that goes with it.

If God had to make Mary sinless in order to provide a sinless body for Jesus, why did he not ALSO have to make Mary's mother sinless in order to provide a sinless body for Mary, and Mary's grandmother sinless in order to provide a sinless body for Mary's mother, and so on, all the way back to Eve (who was NOT sinless, proving the original premise absurd)?


What Is Purgatory
  
Nicole_Lacey:

Sin was transmitted from the father, via direct descent through Adam. Since Jesus' father (God) was not decended from Adam, Jesus did not inherit Adam's sin.

But your question brings out the whole logical inconsistency of the Immaculate Conception doctrine. If Jesus could not have been born sinless if his mother had been sinless, wouldn't the same apply to Mary as well? How could SHE be born sinless if her MOTHER were not sinless, and so on as far as Eve? If God was able to "bend the rules" to make Mary sinless, why could he have not been able to do so for Jesus?


kathr4453:

In Numbers 21:8-9: God had Moses make a brass serpent, to heal those who looked at it.


Denominational Church Missing
  
Samuelbb7:

You wrote: First in the Fourth Commandment all those who lived in Israel were to keep Sabbath. Which includes strangers. Exodus. 20:10

Yes. However, the vast majority of Christians do not actually live in Israel, so that does not apply to us. We do not live in Israel. We are not "brought to the Holy Mountain". We do not offer burnt offerings and sacrifices there.


Finish It Here January 2019
  
Steveng:

Catholics do NOT worship the Pope. He is their leader, NOT their God. In your zeal to accuse and condemn ALL denominations (Catholic or not), you conveniently forget "Thou shalt not bear false witness". Remember who the Bible calls "The Accuser"? Look it up!

The Bible IS highly dangerous, as are other powerful things like cars and electricity. That doesn't mean we shouldn't use them, only use them with responsibility and discernment.

Look how many interpret it strangely to create thousands of outlandish doctrines and denominations based on those doctrines that YOU, YOURSELF hate!

As for "God's failure", read what Francis said without plucking two words out of context.


What Is Purgatory
  
Cluny:

Yes. I was just thinking about this yesterday, in the context of this particular discussion.
Despite the Decalogue's condemnation of idolatry, God himself occasionally did use iconic symbols - the Serpent in the wildneress, the Cherubs on the Ark of the Covenant, etc. and these were not considered idolatrous the same way the Golden Calf was.


Nicole_Lacey:

She EXPLICITLY said otherwise, and "yuck!". However, that absurd idea is one conclusion one could reach from the premises that "Jesus is ths Son of the Father" + "Mary is the Mother of God" + "Jesus is God".


Denominational Church Missing
  
jerry6593:

You wrote: What other Commandments do you Sabbath-haters deny?

Time and time again, on these blogs, various SDA people keep resurrecting the Sabbath question over and over again, despite it having been discussed to death. People who worship on Sunday don't HATE the Sabbath, they merely choose to worship on another day. As Paul said, "Let each be persuaded in his own mind", which THEY are perfectly content to do, but YOU aren't.

The only "hate" I have ever seen on these particular blog topics seems to come from SDA Sabbatarians who self-righteously condemn everybody else who doesn't agree to worship as they do.


Finish It Here January 2019
  
Steveng:

You wrote: She only studied it the way the catholic church wanted her to know.

But of course, YOUR way is necessarily better, at least that's what you want us to believe, right?

One of the things that is common among young people, typically in their 20s, is that they think they know everything. Usually, by the time they reach their 30s or 40s, they realize how foolish and presumptuous such an assumption actually is.


Finish It Here January 2019
  
Melody:

Who is condemning Nicole (and many others)? You are! Almost every message you post is a condemnation of one person or other. If you were REALLY quoting God's Word (instead of your own), you could provide chapter and verse references for those Words, yet you almost never do, even after being asked repeatedly. Instead, you just claim you're being attacked, and heap on more condemnation.

You accuse her of being spiritually blind. Before criticizing the speck in someone's eye, first remove the beam from your own (Matthew 7:3-5, Luke 6:41-42).

THAT's how to quote God's Word - references that others can look up to see EXACTLY what God actually said, without having to rely on your memory of what you think he did.


Finish It Here January 2019
  
Steveng:

You wrote: I know more about the (Roman) Catholic Church than any one on this site for I used to be one and studied it for over ten years.

Good for you. I grew up one too, and Nicole_Lacey appears to have been one her entire life, so unless she's a ten year old girl (which is highly unlikely), she's likely studied it more than you have. Also, Cluny probably knows more about it than anyone else here.



Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.