ChristiaNet MallWorld's Largest Christian MallChristian BlogsFree Bible QuizzesFree Ecards and Free Greeting CardsLoans, Debt, Business and Insurance Articles

StrongAxe's Blog Replies
Post a New Blog

Vote on StrongAxe as a helpful ChristiaNet blogger by clicking this link. Currently StrongAxe has 1492 votes. The higher the number of votes the more helpful this blogger is considered by the ChristiaNet community.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
jerry6593:

I didn't say it produced life. It produced building blocks of life, which shows how organic chemicals are capable of self-assembly into more complex structures. The earth's early atmosphere wasn't full of oxygen as ours is now. Our oxygen-rich atmosphere is only as a result of photosynthesis, and that only happened after plants developed.

Organisms based on left-handed molecules need left-handed molecules, and ones based on right-handed molecules need right-handed molecules. If one kind got lucky, life would evolve from that kind before the other.

Darwinism speaks only about improvement of species, and evolution of species from others, NOT about creation of the first species. That is a totally different science.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
Samuelbb7:

Some creationists on here insist evolution contradicts Genesis 1 because the creation order is different, yet Genesis 2 also has a different order. They are consistent ONLY if order is unimportant.


jerry6593:

Aren't you doing the same? I mentioned several things, which you haven't explained yourself. You call my explanations lame. Can you do better?

Abiogenesis: scientists have conducted experiments where mixtures of basic substances (water, carbon dioxide, methane, etc.) were subjected to theorized ancient conditions (heat, lightning, etc.), and spontaneous synthesis of organic compounds like proteins and nucleic acids were observed to form over a period of mere decades.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
jerry6593:

Ad Hominem is a logical fallacy.

First, most that die are recycled (due to eating, decay, etc.) and very few become fossils. This is why there are gaps in the evolutionary record - many forms weren't fortuate enough to be preserved. Sudden encasing and preservation happens during cataclysmic events, like mudslides.

Second, it takes a very long time for mud to be compressed into sedimentary rock by subsequent layers - much slower than we can observe.

If one demands literal accuracy of Bible accounts, Genesis 2 creation story contradicts Genesis 1, and if Genesis factually inaccurate that early, what can one expect about later chapters?

Creationism may be comforting, but it's not science either.


Unmarried Couples Serve In Church
  
Samuelbb7:

You wrote: So true Strong ax. They condemn the sins they are not committing.

That can be bad (e.g. Jesus said, "Let he who is free of sin cast the first stone"), but it often gets even worse than that. Many of them condemn the sins in public that they themselves commit in private. Many of the same priests, pastors and evangelists (and politicians) who scream the loudest about various sexually-based sins are often caught in adulterous affairs, or with prostitutes, or with pool boys, or abusing children, or even arrested for trafficking children.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
Samuelbb7:

Since the flood covered the earth within the first 40 days, that means that any dead bodies that were around would have been dead for almost a whole year, and be badly decayed. Can you imagine anything that has been dead for a year without refrigeration?!


Unmarried Couples Serve In Church
  
Christians (especially very religious ones) are all too easy to condemn the more easily visible sins of the flesh (e.g. fornication), that Jesus himself didn't have too much to say about, while at the same time, they turn a blind eye to the less obvious but much more serious sins of the spirit, that Jesus did preach against constantly, like pride and covetousness.

Look at how many televangelists and megachurch pastors live in huge luxurious palatial mansions, and have have fleets of limousines, and private jets, and personal yachts - yet beg poor widows who watch them to send in money because they need yet another new private jet, and then guilt you into doing so because if you don't, you're "not showing your faith".


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
jerry6593:

Why do they occur in specific horizontal layers? Why would there be no trilobytes, then suddenly a uniform layer of trilobytes, and then no more trilbyte?

The literal biblical flood model says that it rained for 40 days, and then the flood settled for around a year. This means a sudden huge influx of water, followed by a long, slow settling. A bunch of varied horizontal layers with a huge gash carved in it suggests a long slow settling, followed by either a very long-term slow carving, or very fast cataclysmic one. Again, a river cutting through mud makes rounded edges, not sharp jagged ones like we see.

Again, what did animals eat for the first year after they disembarked?


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
jerry6593:

You wrote: David, the canyons were cut while the land was still flood mud.

How does "flood mud" explain many flat layers of different kinds of rock, layered one on top of the other, with marine fossils in some of them, and not others? If it were all flood mud, one would expect those fossils in all of the mud layers, but that isn't what we see. If it were soft, pliable mud, we would also see gooey rounded edges, not the sharp edges that are actually visible.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
David:

You wrote: In the sedimentary layers of the Grand Canyon, you can find Marine fossils. The Colorado River didnt produce them, so how did they get there?

That just means that there are some layers of the rocks in the American southwest had been under water at some time in the past. It doesn't explain how layers of rock without marine fossils were deposited on top of those - which would also take millions of years.

If the Flood was strong enough to carve a V-shaped slice through that rock, how can that explain marine fossils radiating out sideways halfway up the walls?


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
Cluny and David:

I'm not saying ALL rivers carve canyons. Water moving over the ground causes erosion, that depresses the land. We see this with rivers and river deltas all the time. Mud flows and collapses, so if the land is depressed enough, the banks of the river will collapse and get carried away. Cliffs made of soft wet mud don't last long.

When rivers flow across solid rock, on the other hand, erosion is much slower, and the rock isn't soft. Rock cliffs can support themselves.

It is like the difference between using a chisel to carve a statue out of a piece of marble (which works very well) and using a knife to carve a statue out of soft butter (which doesn't work well at all, and if it does, it doesn't last long).


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
David:

We see erosion cutting rivers through mud, getting deeper over time. With rock it takes much longer (e.g. millions of years for the Grand Canyon). A similar process makes stalctites and stalagmites, one drop at a time, over millions of years, building rock spikes tens of feet long out of dissolved minerals.

Like lasanga, the GC exposes many rock layers deposited one on another over similar time periods.

A high power source (e.g. water hose or flood) erodes faster, but the resulting canyon pattern would look very different. It would also smash stalactites and stalagmites, rather than creating them.


Are Democrats Traitors
  
Haz27:

You wrote: KATHR. Your politically driven hate is blinding you to reality, again.

It is YOU who spew hatred and insult against the left and me, and everyone here who disagrees with you in every single message you post here.

Its Leftists who always play the victim.

It is YOU who are always playing the victim by whining about how the left controls the media.

You REALLY REALLY REALLY need to look at yourself in a mirror. Jesus said to remove the plank from your own eye before criticizing the speck in your neighbor's.

Talk about itching ears! You are so ready to hear ANYTHING AT ALL that vilifies the left, even without evidence.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
David:

The Bible itself says heaven and earth declare the glory of God.

Miracles are when causes outside nature temporarily override natural law, but the results are natural. Miraculous healings leave humans whose bodies function normally. Multiplying fish feed people's bellies normally. Floods leave residue. Fire falling from the sky burn buildings and people normally leaving ash.

Science is making theories about how natural law works, and conducting experiments to validate those theories. Miracles and the hereafter are, by definition, outside of natural law, so science cannot and need not explain them. Science can't explain how the miracle happened, but it CAN analyze the normal aftereffects.


Are Democrats Traitors
  
Haz27:

You keep parroting Yuri Bezmanov like a broken record. This is truly how a brainwashed person behaves. Take a good look at your objectivity before you question the objectivity of others.

The reason why the left dominates universities is fairly obvious. The very essence of conservatism is protection of the status quo, and resistance to change. The essence of education is to teach people to think critically for themselves. When people analyze what they have been taught, and realize that it doesn't match reality, they change their perceptions. This is what liberal thinking does. Conservative thinking sticks its head in the sand, and rejects reality in favor of its own deluded preconceptions.


Are Democrats Traitors
  
Haz27:

Then please explain why the South, that was traditionally Democratic, suddenly switched to Republican in the 60s-70s, and has been that way ever since?

You are CONSTANTLY referring to Yuri Bezmanov. Why is that? It's almost as if you are relying on him to think for you, because you can't do it for yourself. Talk about being brainwashed! You are constantly parroting the words of one man.

Why don't you stick to your Australian history, which you claim to know so well. You don't seem to know much about American history, other than the propaganda you get from rightist news sources.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
David:

If all the glaciers on the earth melted, the sea level would rise by around 230 feet. However, to cover all the mountaintops (as in the Flood account), the sea level would have to rise 29029 feet, which is more than 100 times as much. This means that less than 1% of the flood waters is stored in glaciers. Where did the other 99% go?


Are Democrats Traitors
  
Haz27:

Stop living in Bezmanov's bubble. You quote him MUCH more often than the Bible, showing where you draw inspiration. I don't care about Australian politics. I speak about American politics, because I live here.

Democrats were conservatives (and some were racists - they formed the KKK), and Republicans were progressives. The Eisenhower platform of 1956 read very much like the Democratic platform today. Today, KKK members always run as Republicans.

After the Civil Rights movement of the '60s, disgruntled racist Democrats in the south split and voted for independent ex-Democrat George Wallace. After that, they became Republicans, and most of the southern states that used to be Democrat have been solid red for decades.


Are Democrats Traitors
  
Haz27:

1956 Eisenhower REPUBLICAN platform was similar to Democrat platforms today.


jerry6593:

"destroying our country"?

Destructive tariffs on exports, forcing companies like Harley Davidson to close and rebuild in Europe, or causing China and Mexico to stop buying our crops, damaging our economy so we have to pay $12 BILLION to bail out farmers.

Rolling back EPA protections, so large corporations can now pollute the air we breathe and water we drink, and selling off our beautiful government lands for corporate explotation.

Ruining our country's reputation in the rest of the world, and angering all of our allies who now say we can't be relied on.

Those are all on TRUMP.


Diamond Stones Disappeared
  
Steveng:

Whenever something seemingly unnatural happens, many assume it's demonic rather than divine intervention or natural phenomena. For centuries, Witches were burned and saints were persecuted and executed by supertitious mobs. Yes, demonic activity exists, but one should not automatically assume it's involved.

There is a similar tendency to automatically attribute supernatural explanations for anything unusual, rather than natural explanations. Yes, supernatural events happen, but one should not automatically assume they are involved.

Just like Unidentified Flying Objects - if you see something strange in the sky, it's foolish to automatically assume it's an alien. It's usually something natural you don't recognize.


Seashells On Top Mountains
  
David:

You wrote: Have you ever wondered, What would happen if all the Glaciers of the world melted?

This is is one of the warnings of climate change. Sea levels are predicted to rise three feet by the end of the decade, and there are several island nations like Narau and the Marshall Islands that could totally disappear as a result.

BTW, thanks for not correcting me on my vocabulary. The spell correction on my IPad changes my words and apostrophes on words are made impossible.

Everybody makes typos. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors only become problematic if they are so bad that they cause confusion about what is meant, e.g. if they cause ambiguity in meaning, or if they are total word salad.



Copyright© 2017 ChristiaNet®. All Rights Reserved.